PDA

View Full Version : Dream proposal

IrishGrrl
03-24-2010, 12:18 AM
I was thinking the other day while watching a show on weddings, how other femmes feel about that big moment..when you get the proposal. What would be a perfect senario for you? Hot air balloon? Beach? Fancy Dinner? You bail him out of jail and he asks while still cuffed?

Let's hear it femmes..I love all this wedding stuff!

CherryFemme
03-24-2010, 02:53 PM
:tango:

My dream was always to have my partner sing the Bread song, "Aubrey was her name" while we were sitting on a freezing, cold chairlift in January someplace in New England...preferably Maine or Vermont.

My love does not ski, hates the cold, and furthermmore, hates the song "Aubrey was her name" and anything Bread related, unless it is toastable.

*sigh*

My hopes were dashed...

Instead I got the romantic beach scene in Hawaii complete with sunset and spinner dolphins arching in the surf. The sunset was pink. It was quite spectacular... but ya know, hy could have at least tried to sing...

~CF

<<grin>>

Kim
03-24-2010, 04:41 PM
My dream proposal would occur while we're on the couch, arguing about whether to watch a Golden Girls rerun or could we please change to the Travel Channel, maybe Man Vs. Food is bingeing on something really decadent and we can live vicariously through him, but then he slowly turns the remote over to me and gazes longingly in my eyes, first telling me I have the most perfect eyebrows, and I surely give him the Jen face from The Little Couple, and then he says that he couldn't live another moment without making me SenoraCranky. Oh well, a girl can dream.

Soft*Silver
03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
in a very quiet moment
on a very quiet Sunday
when our cups are half full of coffee
when the funnies are all read
when the itch to get stirring happens
but you decide to stay in bed
when my hand is held in silence
as we softly enjoy our bed
I want a simple ring
placed simply in my palm
and I want him to softly say
its all because I love you
that I dont want these kind of days to end...
and quietly I would toy with it
and ask him to slide it on
and as I lean to kiss him
I whisper gently
"from now on..."
and he will breath out loudly
and our life together
will formally
begin

Guy
03-24-2010, 04:50 PM
At Yankee stadium preferably when the Yankees are ahead of the Red Sox.

Guy
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Opps, I just noticed this is a "femme zone".

Sorry ladies

Ringlets
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
:tango:

My dream was always to have my partner sing the Bread song, "Aubrey was her name" while we were sitting on a freezing, cold chairlift in January someplace in New England...preferably Maine or Vermont.

My love does not ski, hates the cold, and furthermmore, hates the song "Aubrey was her name" and anything Bread related, unless it is toastable.

*sigh*

My hopes were dashed...

Instead I got the romantic beach scene in Hawaii complete with sunset and spinner dolphins arching in the surf. The sunset was pink. It was quite spectacular... but ya know, hy could have at least tried to sing...

~CF

<<grin>>

Very romantic!

cinderella
03-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Bent knee proposal? Heh, with my luck he'd say he's down there because his knee gave out!! :eyebrow:

moxie
03-24-2010, 09:41 PM
It's Sunday morning.
We are both sitting up in bed reading the paper. Me in my pjs with my morning breath and my Robert Smith-looking hair, looking ever-so beautiful.
I am scouring the deals and clipping coupons and talking about all of the places that I am going to go today. He is sipping coffee, reading the World and Forum sections, only after I have read them, of course. ;) And nodding and "mmmhmm"ing to acknowledge that he is reading the paper but still listening.
Then he tells me that he wants to spend every Sunday for the rest of his life doing the same exact thing. With me.

bigbutchmistie
03-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Bent knee proposal? Heh, with my luck he'd say he's down there because his knee gave out!! :eyebrow:

LMAO cute!

Puplove
03-24-2010, 10:07 PM
I never thought a romantic gesture or big proposal was necessary - my belief is that a proposal should never be a surprise, you should both know how the other feels and that marrying each other is the right thing. The big shocking question where the woman has no idea he was going to ask always seemed like a bad sign to me - are you that out of sync with each other already?

Well, true to form, I rationally talked about marriage, and even picked out rings with my Beauhunk, but I realized there was a little something in me that wanted to be asked - to have that moment of "will you?" where he's taking the risk and I am forced to stop and think...."hmmm...will I? Really, for real and forever?" I knew that was silly since we'd already talked and knew we'd marry, and we were both very happy knowing we were with our heart and soulmate, so I joked about the "surprise proposal" and didn't think it was necessary; when the time was right, we would agree when we'd be officially engaged and I would wear his ring.

A couple days before Christmas, I woke up and it felt like someone else was in the house. My dogs weren't making a fuss, so I knew Beauhunk must have come over early (for breakfast?? those who know me are laughing about that). I peeked out of the bedroom and called his name - no answer, but there was a ribbon across the steps with a note on it, a little poem telling me to get ready for a scavenger hunt and to follow the instructions. Oooh, a surprise Christmas present!

Each note held a sweet little poem about our courtship, getting to know each other, Beauhunk's move here...and each led me to a different room with a beautifully wrapped box with another note inside. Finally, the last one led me to the family room and Christmas tree, where there was a huge wrapped box and bow, with a note saying "lift me." When I did, there was my Beauhunk on his knee, holding a ring, shaking like a leaf and asking "Will you marry me?"

It was so beautiful and romantic, completely unexpected, and absolutely perfect. I cried and kissed him and was so overwhelmed I forgot to say "yes" for a few seconds (he says he was really sweating it!) I could never have predicted that flood of happiness when I formally accepted his proposal. The thing is, when he asked, my emotional/gut reaction confirmed my feelings at a depth I couldn't have predicted when we talked sensibly about our future and our love before.

It was the best proposal ever - the dream proposal I didn't even know I was dreaming of. That Beauhunk makes my crispy cold black heart all mushy and schmoopie like nobody's business.

Arwen
03-24-2010, 10:12 PM
It was the best proposal ever - the dream proposal I didn't even know I was dreaming of. That Beauhunk makes my crispy cold black heart all mushy and schmoopie like nobody's business.

Crap. This made me bawl like a baby. I am so so SO happy for you two!

And? It was really well written! :)

Puplove
03-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Crap. This made me bawl like a baby. I am so so SO happy for you two!

And? It was really well written! :)

Awww, thanks Juliet! Makes me bawl like a baby too, but if you tell anybody that I'll have to deny it and then kill you to stop the rumors. :watereyes:

SuperFemme
03-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Awww, thanks Juliet! Makes me bawl like a baby too, but if you tell anybody that I'll have to deny it and then kill you to stop the rumors. :watereyes:

Gosh. My baby told me we were getting married TODAY and I said yes. Because I haz a brain injury and could have forgotten I love hym so much by TOMORROW.

I want a scavenger hunt and shit.

:cheer:

ps - you can't kill the arwen now. she iz happy.

Puplove
03-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Gosh. My baby told me we were getting married TODAY and I said yes. Because I haz a brain injury and could have forgotten I love hym so much by TOMORROW.

I want a scavenger hunt and shit.

:cheer:

So would it be tacky to say you DID have a scavenger hunt, remember?? That would be, wouldn't it?

So I'll skip saying that.

Your story and your baby make lovely, bawling fodder and shit too. I felt envy way back in the day when you got married, all legal and everything with love on top too.

SuperFemme
03-24-2010, 10:33 PM
So would it be tacky to say you DID have a scavenger hunt, remember?? That would be, wouldn't it?

So I'll skip saying that.

Your story and your baby make lovely, bawling fodder and shit too. I felt envy way back in the day when you got married, all legal and everything with love on top too.

OMG. DID I have a scavenger hunt? Crap.

Please hurry up and get married. I want to come with a snazzy present. :)

layla
03-24-2010, 10:33 PM
a girl has right to dream.... I'll keep dreaming in quiet and hope some day.... some day ... some day... maybe....
a girl has right to dream....

Puplove
03-24-2010, 10:36 PM

Yes!! Are you going to give us Toddler Arwen?

SuperFemme
03-24-2010, 10:39 PM

Toddler Arwen is usually singular. She may be gone for good by now. :seeingstars:
BUT I know not to get you any breakfast stuffs. :chef:

Arwen
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM

Toddler Arwen is usually singular. She may be gone for good by now. :seeingstars:
BUT I know not to get you any breakfast stuffs. :chef:

Words utterly fail me here. Y'all are both in serious danger of starring in my next novel.

As the bodies on page 21 and 29.

SuperFemme
03-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Words utterly fail me here. Y'all are both in serious danger of starring in my next novel.

As the bodies on page 21 and 29.

I feel cheated. Puplove is a hawtie and there are 8 pages between our dead bodies.

Oh Arwen, words NEVER fail you. Ever.

So. Can we make it pages 68 and 69?

Gemme
03-24-2010, 11:09 PM
I want something between everything and nothing. I've had the 'let's do this in front of EVERY freakin' body within 100 yards of us' thing and I've had the 'oh, let's do this and, btw, I need to go to the store because we're out of milk' thing.

If it happens to me again (though, honestly, I don't feel as if it's ever happened with me, only to me), I want it to be meaningful and intimate. I want me looking at him and him seeing me, faults and all, and still wanting to wake up next to me, day in and day out, until our last wake up together.

I want that oh, so rare and infinite love and that oh, so unique and perfect for me proposal.

Abigail Crabby
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
At Yankee stadium preferably when the Yankees are ahead of the Red Sox.

mmmm propose there and I'll wear a Yankee Jersey ;):hangloose:

CrankyOldGuy
03-26-2010, 05:08 PM
My dream proposal would occur while we're on the couch, arguing about whether to watch a Golden Girls rerun or could we please change to the Travel Channel, maybe Man Vs. Food is bingeing on something really decadent and we can live vicariously through him, but then he slowly turns the remote over to me and gazes longingly in my eyes, first telling me I have the most perfect eyebrows, and I surely give him the Jen face from The Little Couple, and then he says that he couldn't live another moment without making me SenoraCranky. Oh well, a girl can dream.

...and the nookie monster wouldn't complain about my human sound effects....

signed,
oscar the grouch

Allison W
03-26-2010, 10:31 PM
During dinner with my family. My terribly jaded mother must be present to witness.

Oiler41
03-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I never thought a romantic gesture or big proposal was necessary - my belief is that a proposal should never be a surprise, you should both know how the other feels and that marrying each other is the right thing. The big shocking question where the woman has no idea he was going to ask always seemed like a bad sign to me - are you that out of sync with each other already?

Well, true to form, I rationally talked about marriage, and even picked out rings with my Beauhunk, but I realized there was a little something in me that wanted to be asked - to have that moment of "will you?" where he's taking the risk and I am forced to stop and think...."hmmm...will I? Really, for real and forever?" I knew that was silly since we'd already talked and knew we'd marry, and we were both very happy knowing we were with our heart and soulmate, so I joked about the "surprise proposal" and didn't think it was necessary; when the time was right, we would agree when we'd be officially engaged and I would wear his ring.

A couple days before Christmas, I woke up and it felt like someone else was in the house. My dogs weren't making a fuss, so I knew Beauhunk must have come over early (for breakfast?? those who know me are laughing about that). I peeked out of the bedroom and called his name - no answer, but there was a ribbon across the steps with a note on it, a little poem telling me to get ready for a scavenger hunt and to follow the instructions. Oooh, a surprise Christmas present!

Each note held a sweet little poem about our courtship, getting to know each other, Beauhunk's move here...and each led me to a different room with a beautifully wrapped box with another note inside. Finally, the last one led me to the family room and Christmas tree, where there was a huge wrapped box and bow, with a note saying "lift me." When I did, there was my Beauhunk on his knee, holding a ring, shaking like a leaf and asking "Will you marry me?"

It was so beautiful and romantic, completely unexpected, and absolutely perfect. I cried and kissed him and was so overwhelmed I forgot to say "yes" for a few seconds (he says he was really sweating it!) I could never have predicted that flood of happiness when I formally accepted his proposal. The thing is, when he asked, my emotional/gut reaction confirmed my feelings at a depth I couldn't have predicted when we talked sensibly about our future and our love before.

Yeah,,I think I nearly turned blue while holding my breath waiting for you to say yes! And your heart isn't crispy or cold or black, but I do love the schmoopie part! I had such a wonderful time preparing for the moment,,trying to be slick hiding out in the garage working on my boxes, lol. It was indeed a once in a lifetime, no mistake, reservation or hesitation proposal. I'm so looking forward to the fall! I love you!

Glynn

canmarielan
03-31-2010, 02:25 AM
I must go on record as saying I don't really believe in forever. I don't say that just cause I'm a jaded, bitchy hag but also because I don't think people have it in them to stick out for the long haul anymore.

That being said, I am one of those girls who knew by age ten where I wanted to get married, (a white sand beach at sun set) what color my bridesmaids would wear (deep purple) and what flower I would carry (purple tulips).

I hadn't, before now, given thought to the proposal.

I suppose my dream proposal will take vsometime to think on.

Ill be back.

Lillie
04-14-2010, 06:43 PM
we are at a party with family and friends...hy gets up and gets a microphone..hy then turns to me and begins to sing THE song the one that asks the question hy asked me the first night we were together "Can I trust you with my heart"

I hear the music and I begin to tear up.."when you meet that certain someone you been searching hard to find"...i silently sing along with hym...I feel the emotions in hys words as the song continues..."in the time weve spent together I have learned to trust in you..so many things you've given before I've even asked you to"...these words mean so much to us...

no one in the room understnd what daddy means by those words...how much this babygirl understands..

as the song continues"when two hearts solely surrender and are sworn to understand..it completes the perfect union between a woman and a man.."

the weight of hys words..brings images to my mind...of our "dance" together...the life we live..the love we share..hym my daddy me his girl..forever...

on the last verse hy drops to hys knee and changes the last verse to reflect what is in his heart...\

Please babygirl give daddy just one answer..will you marry me..will you be my wife!...

I drop to my knees in front of hym..I hold on tight and whisper in hys ear...I will marry you daddy..and love you always....

the rings sparkle was dull in comparison to the sparkle in hys eye when I said yes daddy..im yours

"sigh"
this is something that would complete our union..and yes hy is aware..

"anticipation"..but he is my daddy..and I will accept however hy decides to make me his forever..

lillie

always2late
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I want something between everything and nothing. I've had the 'let's do this in front of EVERY freakin' body within 100 yards of us' thing and I've had the 'oh, let's do this and, btw, I need to go to the store because we're out of milk' thing.

If it happens to me again (though, honestly, I don't feel as if it's ever happened with me, only to me), I want it to be meaningful and intimate. I want me looking at him and him seeing me, faults and all, and still wanting to wake up next to me, day in and day out, until our last wake up together.

I want that oh, so rare and infinite love and that oh, so unique and perfect for me proposal.

I am so with you on this one! And still waiting :)

bright_arrow
05-24-2010, 06:52 PM
However it happens, it will happen :) It's rare that I'm surprised, so I think it'd be nice. But the rational side of me argues that it should be a mutual and planned thing. I don't know.

I think I'd rather have my ring picked out for me though, however it happens. And the ring will be perfect, perfectly simple (meaning no yellow gold!), because the one that does will know me enough to pick out THE perfect one.

I trust and have faith in this :)

And as much a family person as I am, I think I'd prefer it to be while it's just us two together. Maybe during one of our movie marathon nights, when it's midnight and we're quoting movies while sharing a bottle of wine and giggling like the absolute nuts we are.

Something like that I think.

Just a dream.

:moonstars:

Lynn
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
This is what happened. She made plans for us to spend an overnight at an inn for Valentine's Day. Then, on V-Day, she gave me a beautifully made scrapbook with photos of us and a lot of loving quotes. She also gave me a puzzle card--a photo of us that I had to put together. Except, it was missing some pieces. In a separate bag, she gave me the missing pieces, which said, "Will You Marry Me?" And she handed me a box which contained an engagement right. It *was* a surprise, and I took a few minutes to say "yes." :) My honey is so thoughtful and romantic--she is always one step ahead of me when it comes to these things. I didn't have an idea ahead of time of a dream proposal--it could have just as well been me doing the asking, too.

PearlsNLace
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
I suppose its silly. After all, Im the girl who doesnt even like parties for my birthday because Im uncomfortable with all the focus on me.

However, ever since I was a tyke I wanted a big fuss proposal.

During Grad Night at DisneyLand in 1992 I decided that the BEST place to be proposed to was under the arbor in that park.

But the whole resturaunt proposal Ive seen in movies melts me every time too.

Beach at sunset? FREAKIN AWESOME.

I have been proposed to in a dining room ( I said no, ugh that was a heartwrenching moment- and the right decision. That individual is happily married at the wedding pics looked AWESOME)
I have been proposed to in a bathroom ( I said yes, and even though we are no longer married, i dont regret the time she and I had together)

These experiences have led me to agree that it shouldnt really be a suprise.
But its sort of like ordering a very good meal. Sure, you know what your going to get, cause you ordered it. But there is a difference if its wrapped like a burrito vs on fine china with an artistic layout and fancy cutlery and a pressed napkin on your lap. Presentation really matters for me. The food could be amazing in taste and texture. But if it looks good, then its no longer just a meal. It is an event to remember. Its about being PRESENT, mindful, thoughtful with attention to detail, and done with PURPOSE.

Pearls

Blade
05-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Yep that's what I always say you can serve a King shit on a platter and he'll eat it and like it, if you present it to him the right way. It's all about presentation.

I suppose its silly. After all, Im the girl who doesnt even like parties for my birthday because Im uncomfortable with all the focus on me.

However, ever since I was a tyke I wanted a big fuss proposal.

During Grad Night at DisneyLand in 1992 I decided that the BEST place to be proposed to was under the arbor in that park.

But the whole resturaunt proposal Ive seen in movies melts me every time too.

Beach at sunset? FREAKIN AWESOME.

I have been proposed to in a dining room ( I said no, ugh that was a heartwrenching moment- and the right decision. That individual is happily married at the wedding pics looked AWESOME)
I have been proposed to in a bathroom ( I said yes, and even though we are no longer married, i dont regret the time she and I had together)

These experiences have led me to agree that it shouldnt really be a suprise.
But its sort of like ordering a very good meal. Sure, you know what your going to get, cause you ordered it. But there is a difference if its wrapped like a burrito vs on fine china with an artistic layout and fancy cutlery and a pressed napkin on your lap. Presentation really matters for me. The food could be amazing in taste and texture. But if it looks good, then its no longer just a meal. It is an event to remember. Its about being PRESENT, mindful, thoughtful with attention to detail, and done with PURPOSE.

Pearls