PDA

View Full Version : Happy Passover!

Andrew, Jr.
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
For those who are Jewish, I wish you all a wonderful Passover celebration.

God bless you all.

Love,
Andrew and Family

Corkey
03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Happy Passover!

Rook
03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/amor_en_silencio_77/Pesach.jpg
YouTube- The Telling (official version)

l'shana habaa biyerushalayim

Queerasfck
03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
May your Pesach be filled with much happiness brothers and sisters! And may you be blessed with peace and prosperity.

layla
03-29-2010, 03:04 PM
hag pessah sameah to all of you who celebrate it :)

Miss Scarlett
03-29-2010, 07:47 PM
LeShana Haba'a BiYerushalayim!

:israel:

Next Year in Jerusalem!

Andrew, Jr.
03-30-2010, 10:30 AM
There is an often-repeated story that an Orthodox woman once asked her Rabbi why whe could not particpate fully in the service by reading the Torah from the B'mah. The rabbi was unbending in his refusals to the woman and retorted, "A womean belongs on the B'mah like an orange on a Seder plate." Where her this story is true or legend, we oblige our need to symbolize promote inclusion of all people's prayer's, male, female, young, young at heart, of various personal orientation, by including an orange on our Seder plate today.

julieisafemme
03-30-2010, 12:35 PM
There is an often-repeated story that an Orthodox woman once asked her Rabbi why whe could not particpate fully in the service by reading the Torah from the B'mah. The rabbi was unbending in his refusals to the woman and retorted, "A womean belongs on the B'mah like an orange on a Seder plate." Where her this story is true or legend, we oblige our need to symbolize promote inclusion of all people's prayer's, male, female, young, young at heart, of various personal orientation, by including an orange on our Seder plate today.

This story was actually ascribed to Suzanna Heschel, daughter of the great Jewish thinker, Abraham Joshua Heschel. My rabbi told the story at last year's Seder and clarified it as something that floated around in the 70s lesbian Jewish herstory. You can Google the phrase and lots comes up about the various versions of the story.

Here is an explanation supposedly from Heschel herself. http://www.miriamscup.com/Heschel_orange.htm

I am chametz free and a little cranky for it. Chag Pesach Sameach!

Andrew, Jr.
03-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Julieisafemme,

Yes, you are right. I just took this from the booklet from the seder meal that I was involved with. My bad. Thank you.

PearlsNLace
03-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Hmm... yes I can relate to the cranky over being Chametz free!!!

After over a week of essentially Carb loading (because I did NOT want to give away all my chametz, we tried really hard to eat it all) (and still gave away 4 boxes of cereal, a bag of bagels, and a bag of yummy marie calandar corn muffin mix ANd.....)

Now Im in withdrawls I think.

I WANT PASTA.

And a cheese sandwich.

Since my really rather crummy diet pretty much consists of both cheese and bread, this whole holiday is quiet an adventure for me.

Its my first Passover. We celebrated first night of Pesach using the coloring book "my own Haggadah" for which I was incredibly greatful for the simple teaching tool. Last night we had a grand celebration at the reformed temple in town, and all 3 hours were so much fun!!!

I am enjoying the very clean house.

I still want a cheese sandwich!!!

May your celebration be warm and memorable. Im delighted to have a chance to join in this year.

Miss Scarlett
03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Hmm... yes I can relate to the cranky over being Chametz free!!!

After over a week of essentially Carb loading (because I did NOT want to give away all my chametz, we tried really hard to eat it all) (and still gave away 4 boxes of cereal, a bag of bagels, and a bag of yummy marie calandar corn muffin mix ANd.....)

Now Im in withdrawls I think.

I WANT PASTA.

And a cheese sandwich.

Since my really rather crummy diet pretty much consists of both cheese and bread, this whole holiday is quiet an adventure for me.

Its my first Passover. We celebrated first night of Pesach using the coloring book "my own Haggadah" for which I was incredibly greatful for the simple teaching tool. Last night we had a grand celebration at the reformed temple in town, and all 3 hours were so much fun!!!

I am enjoying the very clean house.

I still want a cheese sandwich!!!

May your celebration be warm and memorable. Im delighted to have a chance to join in this year.

You know Hon, you can do so very much with matzo. I use it for making "pizza" and not just during Passover.

Take a piece of matzo, spread on some marinara sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Add veggies if you like. Nuke until the cheese is bubbly. Yum. Since the average matzo (not egg) has about 110 calories and almost no fat, it's really pretty healthy. I use whole wheat now that it has finally become available here.

PearlsNLace
03-31-2010, 06:27 PM
My understanding is that most cheese is not Kosher for passover.

Miss Scarlett
03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
My understanding is that most cheese is not Kosher for passover.

Not so. There is cheese out there that is Kosher for Passover. You just have to look around. They carry it at our kosher grocer here in Charlotte.

lipstixgal
06-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm Jewish here too. Northern NJ. We have a gay rabbi and she is a women engaged to be married to another women. It's great!! I love it.