PDA

View Full Version : Melodies in Motion...

cinderella
04-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Post here any song that has to do with 'movement'. Be it driving, sailing, trains, planes, cycles, wind, ocean, cars, dancing - just anything that has movement...I'll start. Ok, since I am an ol' biddy, and not familiar with today's music, I can only post what I know, so here's a few that come to mind...but feel free to post whatever, as long as it has physical movement in it. Ok, here goes...

YouTube- the beach boys - Little Deuce Coupe - The Platinum

cinderella
04-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Trains, and Boats, and Planes - Dionne Warwick. Such a beautiful song...give a listen, I think you'll agree. Esp those of you who have to travel to see your love, then have to go back home again.
YouTube- Dionne Warwick - Trains & Boats & Planes

Gemme
04-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Prince's "Little Red Corvette" is still one of my faves.

cinderella
04-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Well girl, post it so we can all hear it! :)

Prince's "Little Red Corvette" is still one of my faves.

Gemme
04-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Well girl, post it so we can all hear it! :)

You mean, everyone doesn't know it? :blink:

YouTube- Prince - Little Red Corvette

cinderella
04-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Honey, I'm prob old enough to be your granny - so no, this 'everyone' doesn't know it. Here's a tune from 1958...loved it as a teenager! And believe it or not, it was very popular.:)

YouTube- Dicky Doo And The Dont's.....Click Clack

YouTube- Prince - Little Red Corvette (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur6yvCKC9Fs)

cinderella
04-02-2010, 05:52 PM
This tune has a very 60's Motown sound - like The 4 Tops, or The Temptations...jes sayin' - I'm sure that's where the 'prince' got his inspiration. Plus M. Jackson didn't hurt him any for inspiration...

YouTube- Prince - Little Red Corvette (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur6yvCKC9Fs)

Gemme
04-02-2010, 05:54 PM
This tune has a very 60's Motown sound - like The 4 Tops, or The Temptations...jes sayin' - I'm sure that's where the 'prince' got his inspiration. Plus M. Jackson didn't hurt him any for inspiration...

He was at the height of his popularity in the late 80s and early 90s, so that's probably true. I have no idea what the link I picked sounds like as I don't have sound on my work computer. :blink:

cinderella
04-02-2010, 05:55 PM
One of Joni Mitchell's best. 'Big Yellow Taxi'
YouTube- big yellow taxi - joni mitchell in concert 1970