PDA

View Full Version : help

las68
04-13-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm having a difficult time with this breakup. Dating and meeting people at 42 isn't as easy as it was 20yrs ago. I was alone for 3 yrs before we met and I thought I would never find love again. I was 40 then. I'm afraid of being alone for the rest of my time on this earth. I'm trying to keep busy and keep my mind off things, but I can't. It seems everyone has found that someone and no one has time share. I really don't know why I'm posting this other than I needed to get it off my chest

Rockinonahigh
04-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Im a lot older than most hear,one thing I have lerned is that just geting involved in something helps a lot..for me it was takeing up pool cause when im at the table I dont think about anything else.Now that im puting in a guarden it also helps cause just watching things grow is an acomplishment,im also thinking of takeing a couse at the local college to fill time..It will get better I promiss.

las68
04-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Thank you...

Ldyluck88
04-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Break-ups are the worse to go through and it's hard to deal with the day to day life without this person in your life. But, they say a break-up is like a death and you have to go though those 5 stages, Denial,Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. I think you need to get out of the house everyday, go for a walk, etc. or something you enjoy, to break the routine that you once had. If you feel you can't cope, then I suggest you go see a therapist so you can vent and let those feelings out.
I am much older then you, and I had a 15 yr. relationship break-up and it was reallyyyy hard!! No one gave us a book on how to deal with a break-up, as each situation is different and each person is different. The only saving grace I had, was I moved across town from her, and as each day went by, it got easier to cope with my loss. I will always love her, but from a distance.
We are all your friends on this site, and you can post till your hearts content, and we will listen. :)

morningstar55
04-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm having a difficult time with this breakup. Dating and meeting people at 42 isn't as easy as it was 20yrs ago. I was alone for 3 yrs before we met and I thought I would never find love again. I was 40 then. I'm afraid of being alone for the rest of my time on this earth. I'm trying to keep busy and keep my mind off things, but I can't. It seems everyone has found that someone and no one has time share. I really don't know why I'm posting this other than I needed to get it off my chest

breakups are never easy.......
i been single for a while now and dating on and off here and there....
i dont want to grow old alone either ... and understand where your coming from.. no one wants to grow old alone... some dont care if they do or not.
keeping busy and such is a good way to keep your mind off it.... but i know when you have wind down time in the evenings and such it can get lonely.
and let me tell you ..... I know how them lonely bugs can get to you.... im out here on the road almost 24/7 ..i never know when i will get home next...
im soo thankful to meet others from the site here and there.... and gives me a chance to visit and get out and away from this truck...
writing things down even if no one ever see's i t is a great way to get things off your chest and feel a lil better. :) and besides ..... i think venting a lil about tis on the planet is a good thing...... to turn to the community for a lil moral support .i dont know about anyone else.but id like to think thats what we are all here for .... :)
hey if you ever want to chat..... let me know.... never can have enough friends. :)

morningstar55
04-13-2010, 09:02 AM

well silly....... i tried sending u a PM .. to find me on FB and yahoo ......
now i have a load and have to git.... OOyy .. lol
morningstar5588@yahoo.com
is the best way to locat me on FB.
yahoo me....... it will come to my cell when im off line. ttfn

las68
04-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks a bunch... Friends

adorable
04-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Awww...it's going to be ok. You will not be alone. You are not alone. Sometimes it just feels that way. That fear can keep us in (or cause us to chose) relationships that aren't good for us. There needs to be time in between relationships to get your shit together. I am usually upset at first after a break up and then one day it dawns on me that I'm single and suddenly I'm happy about it. lol. There are good things about it. I like my space, my stuff, doing what I want to do and no one eating just the cookie parts off the fucking oreo's! (God that was annoying!)

Anyway, join a gym. Hang out with friends. Volunteer. Play softball for a queer team....you will meet new people and the next relationship will come along when the time is right. If you don't take time though in between you run the risk of bringing dead weight into any new relationship.

Corkey
04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Focus on what you need to make you happy, you are the only one who can do this. Not another soul on the planet can accomplish this for you. Look within to find your answers, they are there just waiting for you to discover them. Find your inner bliss, and reflect on what you can do to change your circumstance.
Good luck and enjoy the journey!

always2late
04-13-2010, 01:30 PM
We are the same age. And I understand how hard it is to find yourself alone at this point. Especially when you had dreams about being with someone, spending your life with someone, etc... My advice to you is...enjoy it. That may sound cliche, and I know that its sometimes not easy, but focus on yourself. Find things that make you happy. Sometimes the best things come when you aren't looking for them. And, if you ever need a friend...I am a really good listener. :)

Heart
04-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Awww... I hear ya hon. I ended a long-term relationship almost 2 years ago and I'm older than you. I started dating a new person I really liked 6 months ago - I was hopeful. But she needed to end it, so I'm feeling a mite bereft.

Breakups are hard and I agree that it's harder once we're past 40. But love is a mysterious thing and I don't think it cares one bit how old we are. It just comes along when it does and it can go at any moment too. There are never any guarantees.

Friends, work, chosen family, activities, self-care -- these are things we have a measure of control over. Make good choices for yourself, treat yourself very gently and kindly, reach out for support, and stay hopeful.

Heart