PDA

View Full Version : Stressed OUT!?!

Soon
04-20-2010, 08:52 PM
A place to let it all out!

What's STRESSING YOU OUT? Family? Friends? Partners? Work?

NO judging...we all get stressed!

Some things that stress me out:

I need to get more stuff done

always

neverending

...and I should take better care of myself, but all I want to do is chill! (as opposed to working out!)

:shark:

You can let it all out, or advise those of us who feel overwhelmed with stress and how you cope? (i.e. does yoga REALLY work? ;) )

Strappie
04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Moving....

I'm overwhelmed... and there for I'm procrastinating. grrrrrrr I move May 1st and seems like I have soooo much to pack.

CALGON ..... Take me away.. or perhaps a single hot femme? *smirk*

Strappie
04-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Ohhh and one more thing.....

My car is dying a quick death.... Waiting for my tax return to use for the down payment... OMG It just needs to hold out another 2 weeks or so. Then she is off to be donated.

UofMfan
04-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, for me, I am rarely stressed. I live a very easygoing, comfortable, stress free life, for the most part.

This was not always the case, and at times even today I get a little stressed over some things.

I believe that we each have to find out what works for us. For me, swimming, reading, or talking and letting it out with a good friend does the trick.

Oh and sex, that is the best method for curing stress, for me! : )

Andrew, Jr.
04-21-2010, 08:59 AM
I am very stressed out. I am not going to post why because they are personal reasons. I just ask for people to say prayers for me.

Thanks.

Andrew

Jet
04-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm stressed personified. I deal.

Soon
04-21-2010, 09:20 AM
I just scheduled an hour massage (my health plan covers them, and I need to take advantage!).

The place where I get them is at my gym, so maybe I'll bring some workout clothes...or at least my bathing suit and go for a swim...that used to help!

This time of year is the craziest for me at work...I have to start taking better care of myself.

:)

Linus
04-21-2010, 09:28 AM
I just scheduled an hour massage (my health plan covers them, and I need to take advantage!).

The place where I get them is at my gym, so maybe I'll bring some workout clothes...or at least my bathing suit and go for a swim...that used to help!

This time of year is the craziest for me at work...I have to start taking better care of myself.

I miss my massages. I used to get them regularly in Toronto (once every two weeks) for nearly 3 years. I was also lucky in that my insurance covered about 50% of all my yearly massages so that helped a lot. I may take some time, on in L.A., to find a decent but trans friendly massage therapy to help me relieve some neck and back soreness (where all my stress goes).

Thankfully, I took care of a fair amount of stress by paying down nearly 70% of all my debt. I now have to take care to not let it increase again (I'm seriously contemplating canceling one or both of my remaining cards that I still owe on).

Right now, my main way of dealing with stress is to find quietness. I've found that living in NY my stress has increased, a lot (IMO) due to noise pollution.

MsTinkerbelly
04-21-2010, 10:10 AM
I work full time
My daughter tried to kill herself
I take care of my Mother
My health is sucking
I can't find time to go to the gym

Nope, nobody stressed out here!:hiding:

Rockinonahigh
04-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Im stressed out over my contenuing back and neck injury,as much as I have done to molly coddle the thing it spazed out on me and I finaly ended up in the ER at LSU hospital last night.ITs a good thing I finaly went cause now I have a fast track to the orthopedic docs to get it fixed or atleast something done with it so I can get as much of my life back as I can.I have been haveing probs with the medicaid doc I have not geting me into the system there cause he just cant seem to fax the request with the med reports to them...for seven months he has screwd around with this,even after LSU has requested this info from him many times.Now I have hope of a get back on track with thigs in general.

Andrew, Jr.
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Jet,

I don't understand your post at all. Are you being snarky or are you upset or what? I am just not getting it.

JustBeingMe
04-21-2010, 01:18 PM
:freak: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! yep, stressed out here to say the least. Personal stuff ya know, and it sucks big ones!! I can't wait for some of it to freaking END ALREADY :worried: :vigil::praying:!!

Andrew, Jr.
04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
It's HUMP DAY! :ymca:

Words
04-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Surgery right shoulder.

Surgery left shoulder.

Then shortly afterwards, pelvic/abdominal surgery.

In the meantime...

Constant pain (and not of the 'good' kind). Insomnia. And - just in case I had any notion of actually taking it easy - an imminent house move.

Oh, and W/we B/both gave up smoking a few weeks back.

Nope, no stress here.

:woodchop:.

*Sigh*

Rockinonahigh
04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Im wishing all the stressed out ppl to have a peaceful visit from the goddess of unstress,so that even for a little while we can feel better and rest without pain and worry.Brothers and sisters stay strong.

Gemme
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
All in all, I have it better than a LOT of folks, but the things that have gotten to me lately are:

~learning my hours will be cut very soon aka having the hope of job security shaken in this suck ass economy

~I'm trying to save up money to get some repairs done to my car and having my pay cut won't help. I also found out that one of the things I need to get done may actually make my car run worse. WTF? Oh, and it's going to cost twice what I was told before (by different people).

~I'm preparing to move more than 1800 miles away soon and basically start off from square one, again

~my housemates have been having serious relationship issues and the trickle down effect has been horrible for all of us in the house

~I haven't been the gym in a couple of weeks and I've felt my neck and shoulders tightening up really bad (I was in a car accident some years back and have residual issues) and I've gained weight (lack of working out and abundance of cramming comfort food down my throat) and have been hormonal and I couldn't figure out how to take off my cranky pants

Queerasfck
04-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Here I go, the big and small of it. Venting is fun! Once I got going I couldn't stop.

lack of sleep
my co workers, while they are nice 'ladies' I really hate hearing them talk about Avon all the time
the irs and taxes, still haven't done mine
the laundry room & the garage--it's like a hoarders in there
the greenhouse effect
barking dogs
feeling disconnected from my kids
homophobia in our own family
traffic that causes me to have to leave 60 minutes early to work daily
that gross new sandwich from kfc
bills
the days before apretty's monthy visitor is stressful sometimes I wonder if I'll make it through

Andrew, Jr.
04-22-2010, 09:15 AM
*Bills
*Gossip that is beyond hurtful
*My declining health
*My car is falling apart - the transmission is slipping

JustBeingMe
04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
:freak: somedays I feel like pigpen with a rain cloud hanging over my head :badmood: and I wonder if that damn cloud will ever lift. Today is a hard day for me, It's personal so I won't detail it here, but it's extremely stressful as I need this certain something to be over and done with permanently so I can move the hell on with my life. ARRRRGGGHHHH

Martina
04-22-2010, 01:24 PM
HUGE HUGE project due Saturday. HUGE.
i busted my knee somehow and can't move around to do things i need to DO
i miss my Ma'am and Sir because i have been working on this damned thing for over a month
i have gained weight and look HORRIBLE
i do not have a printer and i need one
i have to work in one format and convert to another without knowing if it will look right
i have completely lost a lot of things i need for this project
After it is over, i have six weekends straight of classes
THEN i move
NOT counting a million things to do at work
MY roommate's dog keeps sitting on MY couch, and i can't get her off. The roommate has to. She might bite.
Did i mention i busted my knee and hobble in pain wherever i go?

Andrew, Jr.
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
TGIF!:smokejoint::ymca:

Soon
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
The other night I floated in the thermal pool at the gym and read trashy celebrity magazines...

Today, I took the day off and slept until 11 AM! Totally needed to do that!

I have *some* work for the weekend but nothing like previous ones this month.

Right now, I`m enjoying a cappuccino and trying not to think of work or anything stress-related!

Thanks to all for sharing experiences and strategies.

AtLast
04-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Meditation and self-hypnosis have been key to my combating stress effects on my body & mind (especially chronic physical pain). Sometimes its simply a matter of complete quiet for just 15 minutes.

The increases in pain (frequency & level) I have experienced this past couple of years seem to correlate with financial concerns that I know so many of us have had. Just plain stressful! I have felt the effects personally, but also with friends and relatives that I care deeply about. So, it has felt kind of like a balloon payment without the means to make it!

Yes, I see things getting better for some folks (and myself) and that feels good but do know people that have been hit do deeply, they will never recover financially. There is a big difference when one has to deal with this past the ages in which we actually can recoup losses.

JustBeingMe
04-23-2010, 12:37 PM
OMG my stress level is so high today. I feel like my chest is going to kick the breath out of my lungs. I feel so overwhelmed with what's happening in my circumstance that I am just going to lose my fucking mind over it. It needs to end and be over with already. Jesus H. Fing Christ how much more can one tolerate? My hair isn't totally grey yet, but I am sure it's turned more grey over the past couple of months than it has in two years. I feel like pulling it all out cause I am so stressed out. Damn, I haven't taken ativan in a year and I think I need to again. Yep, time to find a doc that will prescribe it to me....that's the hard part.

Andrew, Jr.
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
To relieve stress, I go outside. I take hikes with Dino. I also am known to picnic with Dino. Just the 2 of us. Nothing beats it. :paw:

I also pray & meditate. This includes lighting candles and burning incense. It is just how I do it. It is my ritual. This brings me comfort and peace.

Boots13
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
:titantic:
- I have a climb in June. I always worry that I'm not in shape
- I look old. Really old. What the hell happened ?
- My foot, my knees, my back, my shoulder have declared war,
we are currently engaged in mortal combat, I'm losing...
- How come I cant read shit without my glasses ?
My eyeballs must be waging the same war as my knees...

Yes...Vanity, thy name is Boots. I hate this getting old shit. I want my pain free body back.

CrankyOldGuy
04-23-2010, 04:35 PM
:putting:

tendonitis in my elbow making even the simplest tasks impossibly painful

lawn mower-frigging start already!

hoping to relieve some stress this weekend...:whip:

Martina
04-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Tomorrow morning is D-DAy for my project. I have the presentation on a thumb drive. I have copies printed out. As i rehearse tonight, if i see anything wrong, oh well . . . .

I have "only" about five hours work tonight and then a FULL NIGHT'S SLEEP if i am not too nervous. i am setting two alarms.

i can't wear the heels i want with my outfit (which pretty much sucks anyway) because of the injured knee. But again, oh well . . . .

i can report that the knee feels better today.

Have a good Friday night all. i am still neck deep in paper.

Gemme
04-23-2010, 06:50 PM
If I don't work to turn my stress outward, by working out or sparring with someone or writing or having myself a good old-fashioned crying jag, I tend to turn it inward.

I have always clenched my teeth and jaw and it hasn't caused me issues yet (other than my teeth being ground down and growing in an obvious pattern due to it) but TMJ is probably not far down the road.

My neck and shoulders also bear the burden of my stress. They get so darn tight and it's quite painful sometimes as I had a car accident years ago that reversed the curvature of my neck with the impact. My need to stay out of the chiropractor's office is very strong.

If I let myself sit with something too long, I tend to turn a molehill into a mountain and then figure out the most difficult way around the mountain and proceed to work my way through things that way. It's not healthy, positive or productive.

Meditating and yoga do absolutely nothing for me. I get bored and then I start thinking and that's not good. I need something physical but adaptable to my needs. For me, those don't fit.

Martina
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM
To those who sent me kind wishes and were pulling for me, my presentation went very well. Only a few more weeks of classes, and I will have my clear credential. Thanks so much!

morningstar55
04-24-2010, 01:22 PM
HELL YES IM STRESSING......
im guessing i will be stuck in Atlanta for i am guessing a couple days........ due too.. a air brake alarm, that wont stop making its loud squelching nose, seems it may have a short in it due to rain leaking inside the dash, cuz my breaks are fine.... and top it off Peter bilt place here is closed on weekends.... ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ,:annoyed::annoyed:
SOO NOW HAVE TO HUNT A PLACE that myabe open.
when it rains it pours i guess.

AtLast
04-24-2010, 03:45 PM
To relieve stress, I go outside. I take hikes with Dino. I also am known to picnic with Dino. Just the 2 of us. Nothing beats it. :paw:

I also pray & meditate. This includes lighting candles and burning incense. It is just how I do it. It is my ritual. This brings me comfort and peace.

Yeppers, picnics do wonders!!!

JustBeingMe
04-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Stressed? Uhm,, ya can add me to that list, but keeping it private so I don't get on my :soapbox: about it.

MsTinkerbelly
04-27-2010, 02:37 PM
:beatcomputer::slapfight::badmood::explode::wtf:

PearlsNLace
04-27-2010, 02:55 PM
I wake up in the middle of the night, my heart is so fast I cant count the drumming against my temple. My body, wich is usually near vampiricly cold, is flush with heat and I fight the covers. Anything, nothing, races across my mind.

I wrestle control over my breathing. Will my heart to slow. I demand my brain to focus on peaceful images, and drift to a hard one sleep.

30 minutes? Sometimes 2 hours? repeat the process.

Camping this weekend helped. Celebrating a triumphant success with friends was a victory dance against the odds, surrounded by trees and friends. Sunday night I slept like a rock.
The restless night returned last night like a clueless, unexpected house guest returning with even more unwanted gifts.

I know that money is bothering me. There are very basic bills that simply never seem to get caught up. I breath uneasy as I write this. I know, that soon, its going to get easier. That day is not today. But there is food. I am loved. I think I may be able to pay my portion of the rent, with fingers crossed. The work is hard, and I need the rest, but I need the money so the rest can come.

I know that the dissaray of my house, compounded by fatigue and illness, grates at my peace and serenity.

The rain is dripping comfort on my garden of flowers and weeds. I will breath in the clean night air and pray. I will seek the comfort and solace of my beloved, and I will try to let the pressures I feel dissapate.

Andrew, Jr.
04-27-2010, 04:26 PM
My health is stressing me. Big time. Anxiety is kicking in full force.:darthluke:

Rockinonahigh
04-27-2010, 05:35 PM
On friday I have a job fair to go to and my back is still spazzing some, so I hope the chiro can give me some releaf.With two pain patches and a dose of tylenol I can get thrue the day relativly pain free.Corse if I would get off my lazy butt and go to the chiro in the first place it would prolly already be better,just trying to watch my pennys.If I land a job most of the stress im haveing from trying to make it on disablity will end..im glad they( disablity has me on a work ticket so I can do this).Yes,I know they will take a portion of my disablity ceck from my wages...like .50 cents for every dollar made.THey coulsdgive a guy a bereak.

ruthie14
04-27-2010, 05:59 PM
My old job stressed me out and now my new one stresses me out. shit.. Can i catch a break... please!! All this stress is taking a toll on my body. The last job was so stressful my dr told me I had to quit. Wait till she finds out how stressful THIS one is. She will want me to leave this one right now! Gotta get out of childcare... no one cares anymore.

JustBeingMe
04-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Dear Universe,
Please bestow your blessings upon those that are stressed out and it would be much appreciated NOW PLEASE.
Thanks,
another stressed out one.

Sam
04-28-2010, 11:52 AM
stressed.
literally

PearlsNLace
04-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Melatonin is helping me sleep. One tab and Im not waking up in panic.

Working side by side with Paphigleo makes a yucky job have really sweet aspects to it. Hes a damn good nurse.

Money still has me worried. I juggled, and with 'Phig paying half the rent (ive never had a partner do that before. Or roomate, either. WOAH) Rent got paid. I have 7 dollars left over for the gas tank, and he said hed help me fill it if I needed to. :balloon:

So my needs are met. And I just need to deep breath. Sometimes I wonder, am I stressed because I LIKE to worry? I mean, I dont THINK I like to worry. But dang, I just am not letting stuff go. I would really like to know how people handle this. Is there a spell? Coping tool I havent seen yet?

For right now, Im going out to my back porch, say a prayer of gratitude for the gifts of today, Enjoy the sweetness in the air, and go to bed. Yeah Melatonin.

:papac:

Soon
04-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Echoing Pearls, Melatonin has worked very well to help ease me into sleep and maintain a deeper one.

Gemme
04-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Melatonin is helping me sleep. One tab and Im not waking up in panic.

Working side by side with Paphigleo makes a yucky job have really sweet aspects to it. Hes a damn good nurse.

Money still has me worried. I juggled, and with 'Phig paying half the rent (ive never had a partner do that before. Or roomate, either. WOAH) Rent got paid. I have 7 dollars left over for the gas tank, and he said hed help me fill it if I needed to. :balloon:

So my needs are met. And I just need to deep breath. Sometimes I wonder, am I stressed because I LIKE to worry? I mean, I dont THINK I like to worry. But dang, I just am not letting stuff go. I would really like to know how people handle this. Is there a spell? Coping tool I havent seen yet?

For right now, Im going out to my back porch, say a prayer of gratitude for the gifts of today, Enjoy the sweetness in the air, and go to bed. Yeah Melatonin.

:papac:

Some people do thrive on stress and strife in their lives. I've got one coworker, bless her, if she didn't have bad or horrible luck, she'd have none at all. That's the way her entire life has been so when things smooth out a little, she freaks out because nothing's going horribly wrong. Good doesn't feel right.

For myself, it depends on what is stressing me out. Work stuff I pretty much stuff until I am around someone that understands and then I vent. My personal money stuff, I feel frustrated and may mention it here and there, but other than buckling down and just doing what needs to be done, I really don't do much in that regard. If I'm upset about the treatment of someone I care about, oh, the whole world knows. :blink:

I tend to play 'coulda, shoulda, woulda' a little too much and have a difficult time letting some things go too but I just kind of work through it and when it pops up again, I work through it again. Eventually, I'll find the bottom of it and be done, I hope. *wry grin*

JustBeingMe
04-30-2010, 12:14 PM
If I take melatonin, it gives me night terrors. Go figure.

Yep, way over stressed and anxious here, having to wait to get in to see the doc for anxiety meds....4 to 6 weeks. UGH. Gotta love the red tape.

JustBeingMe
05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
:blink::freak::wtf::threadjack:

DamonK
05-07-2010, 01:21 PM
What stresses me out?

Oh dear.

1. Idiotic nurses. Not saying ALL nurses are idiotic. Just wondering how I manage to get the job that is supervised by the idiotic nurses. The one GOOD nurse I have is quitting. This will be my last weekend with her. Which leads me to...

2. Weekends I work. Those usually end up ending very very badly. The ADONs don't have good "staff shortage" plans in place usually. And my unit is already short 1. I usually end up getting the hardest hall because I'm the only one that knows how to do it on those weekends.

3. Hours being cut. I'm curious to see the new schedule. It was bad enough they screwed up my position when I was hired, making it part-time rather than full-time. Then they somehow thought cutting my hours by one day a pay period would go over well with me. So, if they cut my hours, and we're normally short, I don't get how that adds up. Must be some math I don't know.

Gemme
05-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Apparently, my bosses and Damon's bosses share some connection, be it DNA or telepathy or something. :blink:

They are also beginning to micromanage the Hell out of me, which gets under my skin, since I know how to run this place and they can't even work the program at the Front Desk.

Andrew, Jr.
05-08-2010, 06:54 PM
I am just so stressed out over waiting for test results to come back in. :freak:

BornBronson
05-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm the money maker in my family,plus the caretaker.When i'm stressed out I pray to my lord.He reminds me just how lucky I am..and I am.When I actually think about just how lucky I am..my stress fades away.

I have nothing to fear,bring it on.

:baseball:

PearlsNLace
05-09-2010, 06:03 PM
We camped out in the back yard. Ate hotdogs, for the same cost of staying indoors for the weekend.

We spent the weekend predominantly media free.

My pulse is almost back to my normal 58, and not bounding. First time in weeks. Im back to being vampiric cold. This is my baseline.

I think this is a stress reducing activity we will repeat very soon.

DamonK
05-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Apparently, my bosses and Damon's bosses share some connection, be it DNA or telepathy or something. :blink:

They are also beginning to micromanage the Hell out of me, which gets under my skin, since I know how to run this place and they can't even work the program at the Front Desk.

*snickers*

I've forgotten what it's like to be left alone to work. To not hear "do this" while one of my bosses stands there laughing with another boss about...hell I dunno.

*wanders off muttering obscenities about work*

WingsOnFire
05-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I am learning to take stress in stride.. I have stressed for the last several years over finances left from a past relationship, a house we bought and then found out she was cheating on me.. I kept the house and the mortgage. I would say I wouldnt have it any other way but the house is the one thing that is keeping us from seriously considering moving to a state we would like better... I love our house... We have so many plans for it..I just wish it wasn't in the bible belt... Hmmm... maybe we could move our house?? LOL..

Damon has helped me become the strong independent confident woman I am today... we manage things together and when I get stressed out :overreaction:he is my rock and makes me sane again... even when I am crying so much he cant understand what I am saying... lol... as he says "girls"... he doesnt always understand me but he is always there anyway! Thank you baby I love you!

Sometimes I have to remember that life sometimes hands you lemons and you just have to learn to make lemonade..

JustBeingMe
05-13-2010, 01:56 PM
:insane:.or atleast some days it sure feels that way when the stress gets to me it's overwhelming.

Apocalipstic
05-13-2010, 01:59 PM
I am a stressed out wreck since the flood.

Finally I do tink we have everyone I know with a place to live, so now, I need to chill.

rubygirl
05-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I`m stressed out by what my sons`father did to them. I feel no one in my family believes me or that it`s had such an impact on my sons. Even the dad has no idea of the monster he has become. I fear my sons will never understand what `calm down`means. I`ve tried finding therapy and-or groups for them to attend but it seems the damage has been done. I do see my sons`improving in their behaviour but as a mom, I worry. Luckily I found the strength to leave that SOB!!!

femmedyke
05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Stressing out hardcore these days. Just gotta remember to breathe.

JustBeingMe
05-14-2010, 03:00 PM
:eatinghersheybar:

:yeahthat:

Gemme
05-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Until I can find a way to actually get blood from a turnip, I'm going to be stressed out. :blink:

Strappie
05-14-2010, 09:10 PM
At the moment I'm stressing over buying a car... I know it seems trivial but thats all I'm stressing about. I hate car sales people. I already told one place to F-Off (I didn't really say those exact words, but I sure wanted to) So now I found a new dealership, that is NOT hassling me to BUY today cause it will be gone tomorrow.

I should have a new car buy next wknd. So I just have to be patient. Oh did I use the word patient, I have NO clue what that word means... lol

JustBeingMe
05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Everyone has different stressors in their life and everyone handles stress differently for sure. Me, I can't take a lot of stress anymore. I have found that the older I get, the less stress I can deal with. I try to live my life stress free, but right now, that's NOT an option that I can fullfill. Hopefully soon, I will be less stressed out over things in my life.

Boots13
05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
I am stressing over this trip
-is my gear right
-is my conditioning good enough
-is the weather going to hold out
-is this insane that I keep doing this?

but I stress over every trip...like I dont have enough to really worry about.

Leigh
05-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Stressed? Who, Me? Do I look stressed?

Yeah okay I admit I'm stressed, My surgery is in two days and I admit I'm kinda freaking out here

:bolt:

Gemme
05-21-2010, 10:57 AM
The tips of my nerves are frazzled and starting to spark.

Should I be concerned? :blink:

dixie
05-21-2010, 11:47 AM
What stresses me out? Lately, everything! lol

I was approved for a $6000 education grant, and was approved to 3 different schools. Normally, this would be a good thing. But for me... I'm terrified! lol Firstly, I don't know which school to pick...one is a local community college, one is a really good tech school, and the other is the University of North Carolina. All three are good schools, but I'm confused. I have three different areas of instruction that I'm interested in, but I can't seem to choose. Also, the biggest fear is this: I'm almost 31. It's been ages since I've been to school. What if I can't hack it? I'm scared of failure...

I have other various daily stresses, which I really need to find a good release for! lol

JustBeingMe
05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey Dixie,
I get what your saying about not sure you can hack school again at a later age in life. Heck try being my age, which is several years older than you and having to do it. I"m in the midst of doing that now, and yeah, I have good and bad semesters, mainly due to physical problems with my back that interfere and then the drugs I had to take for my back causing problems being able to focus. I decided almost a year ago not to take those heavy drugs anymore so I could focus better, and wella, the anxiety has taken over my focusing ability along with my depression running amock, and not to mention my PTSD going haywire. It's hugely an interference for me at times. So, I get what your afraid of. Hang in there, you'll be alright. Just take it slow, get your feet wet a bit, then work yourself up to more classes. Good luck.

JustBeingMe
05-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Yep, had more stress added to my plate yesterday. It's just not going to end like it needs to. I am so done you can stick a fork in me.
Signed,
CrispyCritter

Gemme
05-26-2010, 01:04 PM
The MOD and the FD Manager went at it yesterday at our staff meeting. Awkwaaaaard and stressful. Hopefully, they will resolved the issue when I come back from my days off.

MsTinkerbelly
05-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Big ball of stress here.
So much to do, so little time to do it all in.
Grieving, cleaning, moving...trying to hold everyone together.
Now our cat is sick.
Whaa whaa whaa........

Spirit Dancer
05-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Stress uggg
Is it possible to implode from stress
Hope not, or there will be a mess:nailbitin:

JustBeingMe
05-27-2010, 01:19 PM
I don't think my stress level is going to drop anytime soon dammit. In fact, I know it's not.:explode:

Tommi
05-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Stress uggg
Is it possible to implode from stress
Hope not, or there will be a mess:nailbitin:

UGGGLllly mess...http://drive55.org/images/stories/notalone_map.gif and the click refers to all that are on here thiniking about you, so, hover over the map for a while, adn think about a hover craft.

Gemme
05-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Tomorrow, I shall be stressed. Today, I rest.

:ohm:

JustBeingMe
06-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Still stressed out, but meds are here now!! YAY !!!
I saw the New Doc today!!!

Andrew, Jr.
06-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I am VERY stressed out. Let's see what is on my plate...

*My sister Jo died a year and a few months ago. I had to help her die from skin cancer.

*My Godfather died less than a year ago from brain cancer.

*I may have cancer - I am still waiting for the report to come back in.

*My bio-parents moved in with their favorite daughter, my sister. They have financially wrote out all of their other children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren from their Will. My one sister will inherit everything, and has no intention of being fair with any of her siblings.

*As I am aging I am finding out who are my true friends are.

*As I am aging I am finding out who my true family is.

*My car is ready to die. It is 11 yo, but has 200+K miles on it, and needs all kind of work.

*I have to keep my home up (staining shutters, deck, etc.).

*I am constantly worried about how I am going to pay for my healthcare bills, and pharmacy bills (and even more so if I do have cancer).

*Internet rumors. I am frustrated that they still come up. What is even more frustrating is that people actually believe them. Sheesh. :fastdraq:

Emmy
06-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm stressed out about a talk I will be giving in front of my department on Saturday. It's kind of meant to be a hazing, I think, for first-year grad students, and the professors are known to ask lots of really tough questions. And I'm very nervous about public speaking even in the best case scenario.

That said, I have resolved to give the presentation with confidence, if I can. If it's panned, that's okay -people have far, far more important things to worry about than this, I understand- but I don't want to be shaky, uncertain, to come off like I'm terrified, even if I am. Fuck it. That's what I say, fuck it. No more being petrified of stupid things. Life really is too short.

Phew, thanks for listening :) Just had to get that off my chest.

ruthie14
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Stressed? Who me?
:bigcry: You better believe it! :wtf:

JustLovelyJenn
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Its only 12 more days till the end of the school year....

... My students are freaking out
... My kids are freaking out
... I STILL dont see any sunshine
... AND... I want it to be the end of the year as much as everyone else!

Soon
06-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Do you ever get so stressed that you just can't even write about it?!

:seeingstars:

Gemme
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM

Kind of like the way you can be so angry all you can do is shake or babble incoherently or just cry? Yeah, I get that.

Miss Scarlett
06-02-2010, 04:50 AM

OMG yes! My counselor wants me to put this stuff in my journal and there are times I just can't. She wants me to do this instead of stress eating.

Like Gemme I do something similar when super angry...or frustrated beyond all limits.

Andrew, Jr.
06-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Today I am so stressed not only can I not talk about it, but I can barely write a word down about it.

Gemme
06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm stressed but I'm sick too, which gives me a 'who cares' feel, so I'm basically conflicted.

JustJo
06-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Stressed, frustrated, depressed...take your pick.

My son is home sick with a fever over 102...I'm STILL trying to sell or find a tenant for the house I own....STILL trying to find someone who will rent to us with pets in Florida.... feel like I'm trying to force a miracle and am frustrated as heck and feel like just having a really good cry.

I'll be lucky if I manage a shower with the way the day is going....and it's almost 2:30 in the afternoon......ugh (w)

Rockinonahigh
06-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Yep,stressed hear too.Today I have had to call a plumber for a stoped up drain in the kitchen.I should have been a plumber cause he shure made a bundle outta me today.For the record I did try to fix it myself but as much as I did it just didnt work.

Bad_boi
06-02-2010, 05:08 PM
The best thing ever when I am stressed is to flatten carboard and put it in the recycle. Gets all that negative energy out and helps the earth lol. Well ok I mainly just like the stomping and crushing, its fun :D

JustLovelyJenn
06-02-2010, 08:12 PM
*comes into the room and passes around the sweet baby kitten on my lap* She took away all my stress today. Shes so cute and adorable...

Leigh
06-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah I'm a tad bit stressed, but it'll pass (I hope) :blink:

Sybelle
06-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Helping Mom. Her brother's lung cancer was staged at 4. Yesterday, sat down with her and helped her get paperwork together. She and another of their siblings are his medical power of attorney. Working on getting hospice in now, in spite of his insistence it isn't needed. Would you believe, sick as he is, he is still out scratching around in his garden? Can't say as I blame him. I would be too. Holding on to every inch of life I had left.

On top of that Mom was recently diagnosed with Graves' disease. She's been having some issues with her vision. The medications make her a bit edgy. The other night she fussed at me on the phone for things that made no sense.

It's been rather tough lately.

Add in my own personal life crap - makes for a high strung week.

Blade
06-03-2010, 06:51 AM
STRESSED OUT!!!!

YES I'm stressed out I have so much to do outside today before the thunderstorms start up again. OK gotta run, will return for my hourly breaks. LOL yeah I work way harder at home than I do at my job so I take more breaks.

JustBeingMe
06-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Moi Stressed out? HELL YEAH. Thanks to my new doc, I now am able to manage dealing with the stressors that stress me out so bad. I can just take my anxiety meds twice a day and it relieves some of it. YAY!!!

Sam
06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Im stressed to the MAX

Write14u
06-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Yesterday, I was pretty sure I had an elephant sitting on my chest. I went ahead and named him Fred. Figured he needed a name if he was hanging around.

JustBeingMe
06-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't know if mine is an elephant or not and I ain't naming no names dammit, that way it won't think it's home. KNow what I mean vern?
LOL I am going to be stressed for a lot longer until things work out the way they should, or the way I think they should anyway. Nothing much I can do about it but try to take it one day at a time until it's all over with.:seeingstars:

Soon
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
6 Holistic Strategies to Reduce Anxiety: Food and Supplements (http://www.thatsfit.ca/2010/06/08/6-holistic-strategies-to-reduce-anxiety-food-and-supplements/)

This Week's Client: Alicia, 23, a university student with a part-time job and a busy social life.

The Problem: She feels anxious nearly every day and suffered from panic attacks as a teenager.

It's normal to experience moments of anxiety, particularly when they stem from stressful situations such as writing an exam or attending a job interview. But Alicia doesn't need a reason to feel anxious, it's her state of mind most of the time.

Anxiety can be characterized by numerous symptoms, but the most common are chills or hot flashes, sudden overwhelming fear, heart palpitations, chest tightness, dizziness, numbness. Alicia described it as feeling like she'd had too much coffee resulting in a nervous energy she couldn't alleviate.

Her doctor recommended antidepressants to tame her anxiety, but she was determined to solve the problem by natural means, which is why she ended up in my office.

Six diet and supplement suggestions to reduce anxiety, after the jump..

After reviewing her food journal and doing an in-depth wellness evaluation I recommended the following to Alicia.

1. Eat blood sugar balancing snacks. The consumption of sugar and simple carbohydrates, negatively impact blood sugar levels and may promote anxiety. A healthy, blood sugar balancing snack could be a few almonds, a piece of fruit or a protein smoothie.

2. Perform a deep breathing exercise for a minimum of five minutes twice a day: Close your eyes and breathe in and out through your nose, feel your belly expand and contract as you breathe for five minutes. As mentioned in this post: Six Ways To Relax, focusing on deep breaths activates the vagus nerve which controls the relaxation response and is the antidote to the stress response.

3. Add the following foods to your diet as they supply valuable minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium, all of which are depleted by stress and anxiety: apricots, asparagus, bananas, broccoli, blackstrap molasses, brewer's yeast, avocados, garlic, green leafy vegetables, raw nuts, organic yogurt, figs, fish (especially salmon) and legumes.

4. A body under stress due to anxiety is more susceptible to free radical damage, according to Phyllis A Balch, author of Prescription for Nutritional Healing, and could benefit from these herbs: billberry, ginkgo biloba and milk thistle are all rich in flavanoids that neutralize free radicals.

5. Avoid stimulants of any kind: chocolate, coffee, black tea, cola or anything else that contains caffeine as these substances will promote anxiety. Instead drink peppermint or rooibos teas, both are energizing without caffeine.

6. Take a good quality vitamin B complex formulated for stress and anxiety as that will help maintain normal nervous system function. Women are often deficient in B vitamins due to taking the birth control pill, lack of proper absorption in the gut and inadequate B vitamins in the diet.

NOTE: It is not safe to go off an anti-depressants without doctor supervision.

Joy McCarthy, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Health Coach of Joyous Health, loves to inspire others to eat well and live well. Joy is the resident holistic nutritionist at 889 Yonge, a Yoga & Holistic Lifestyle Spa in Toronto. Joy welcomes your questions or comments.

lipstixgal
06-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm stressed out about school about internships coming up and the end of the semester being over which is about two weeks or so. Friday we have a internship meeting at 10 am hope it doesn't last that long have an appointment at 1 pm with my therapist and need to see her.

Gemme
06-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Yeppers, I am. Personal stuff. For once, it's not about my work. I got a HUGE pat on the back from a national inspector today, so I'm still feeling like I'm all that and a bag of Sun chips in that area.

Mitmo01
06-09-2010, 05:39 AM
my head and my mouth are stressing me out......the dentist and I need to chat very soon before i rip my face off

Rockinonahigh
06-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Mitmo..I feel for ya on going to the dentis...I went thrue 5 oral surgries in 6 weeks...so glad when it was over,do take care.

JustBeingMe
06-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I wish it was already over with cause I ain't feeling so good lately. I think my elephant's name is Drop Dead Fred.

Gemme
06-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Nope. Not at all. I'm a cool cucumber today. :)

Ebon
06-16-2010, 08:20 PM
my head and my mouth are stressing me out......the dentist and I need to chat very soon before i rip my face off

Man I hope you feel better soon! When you live where I live you don't those problems. Hint Hint!! lol

Sam
06-16-2010, 09:02 PM
im actually not stressed. wow

asphaltcowboi
06-16-2010, 09:37 PM
im stressed... was working on my truck and droped the back of the tranny on the side of my face, knocked three theeth lose. now i have a dentist apt tomorrow morning.. yuck! but it will have to feel better then it does now!

Gemme
06-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Man I hope you feel better soon! When you live where I live you don't those problems. Hint Hint!! lol

Austin doesn't have dental issues? At all? :blink:

im stressed... was working on my truck and droped the back of the tranny on the side of my face, knocked three theeth lose. now i have a dentist apt tomorrow morning.. yuck! but it will have to feel better then it does now!

Move to Austin. According to Organic, dental problems go away or don't exist or something. *shrug*

*grin*

Miss Scarlett
06-17-2010, 04:53 AM
Started counseling last month at the suggestion of the MD who is guiding my weight loss.

Beginning to see how much stress/pressure I have been under for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time and dealing with it.

Turning off the radio and listening to some awesome music: classical, opera, meditation, etc. on my daily commute (1 hour each way) has really helped.

My counselor mentioned an exercise of 3 times a day stopping, asking self "How/what am I feeling?", and writing it down. I am too busy for that so I started doing something similar when I feel stressed or overwhelmed by something - I record the date, time, what I am feeling and anything I have to say about it. This has helped me get beyond what's going on and see the situation as it really is rather than from the skewed perspective of my stressed out self.

I've also got some crystals, incense and sage, etc. to help with the negative energies that love to hang onto me.

Ebon
06-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Austin doesn't have dental issues? At all? :blink:

Move to Austin. According to Organic, dental problems go away or don't exist or something. *shrug*

*grin*

That's right! But don't come looking for me if they persist if you do move here. lol

JustBeingMe
06-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Stressed out? Who Me? Uhm, well, Uh, Yeah, as usual. :blink:

JustBeingMe
07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
My stress is only getting worse. I got a bad news phone call yesterday, and it just seems nothing is working my way, no matter how innocent I am in all this mess.

JustLovelyJenn
07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I have been terribly stressed lately, so much so that I cant seem to think clearly enough to even post. However, I have decided I have to do something about it. SO... I have a plan.

1. Get up at a set time each day. Set an alarm and stick to it.
2. Be more active. Exercise Daily.
3. Spend time with my children playing games, even if I feel like I am overwhelmed or stressed. They will be happier and so will I.
4. Remember that everyone else can just... GO SHOVE IT!!!

JustBeingMe
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM
For me, stress is a 4 letter word. You pick one. :blink:

Gemme
07-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Indeed. I think I'm handling it well, overall, though. Although I am very grateful for the opportunity to do so, and will appreciate the OT, working every single day over and over and over wears on a soul. Throw the training of someone I'm beginning to think won't work out on top of it as well as trying to pick up the pieces of someone who was notorious for hiding (aka losing) important information and documents and you have an accident-bound train, I'm afraid.

Just another few days and I'll get a day off.... *wistful sigh*

JustBeingMe
07-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Stress Smiley of the Day.......:freak:

Jet
07-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Red tape bureaucracy
appeals
hard times
PTSD
when does shit end?

Delish
07-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I just found this thread so I will vent. I am stressed out because my Dr is an incompetent ELF! And really, that's putting it nicely! Went in Tuesday to see him and get more tests results from my hosptial stay. He said i am not sure you have Lupus but it does look like u have Nephritis. I asked him what that was....he NEVER could tell me. I come home and look it up...Lupus Nephritis??????? WTF??? I SWEAR he acts like if he causes me to die an early death, he gets some kind of an award!!!

Jet
07-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I just found this thread so I will vent. I am stressed out because my Dr is an incompetent ELF! And really, that's putting it nicely! Went in Tuesday to see him and get more tests results from my hosptial stay. He said i am not sure you have Lupus but it does look like u have Nephritis. I asked him what that was....he NEVER could tell me. I come home and look it up...Lupus Nephritis??????? WTF??? I SWEAR he acts like if he causes me to die an early death, he gets some kind of an award!!!

my cousin had lupus. we were very close.
i hope your case isn't severe

Delish
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
my cousin had lupus. we were very close.
i hope your case isn't severe

Thank you Jet. I have never known anyone to have Lupus but the way my health has went down in 2 yrs I am not sure what you would call severe. I just hope and pray this Nephritis doesn't make me have to have dialysis or worse.

Gemme
07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
I was a little stressed earlier today. I had my first day off in almost two weeks and came in to one problem after another and I never seemed to get situated before another cropped up. I'm used to putting out fires, but c'mon! Let a girl eat! Two bites of oatmeal and a small yogurt do not consitute a well balanced meal no matter how you look at it, much less two. :blink:

Miss Scarlett
07-09-2010, 04:27 AM
I was a little stressed earlier today. I had my first day off in almost two weeks and came in to one problem after another and I never seemed to get situated before another cropped up. I'm used to putting out fires, but c'mon! Let a girl eat! Two bites of oatmeal and a small yogurt do not consitute a well balanced meal no matter how you look at it, much less two. :blink:

Are we living the same life?

Scorp
07-09-2010, 06:41 AM
This is what I think of my work laptop this morning. Fuckin' thing...

:beatcomputer::beatcomputer::beatcomputer:

:explode::explode::explode::explode::explode:

JustBeingMe
07-09-2010, 01:12 PM
:canoworms::dimbulb::blues::deepthoughts::bigcry:: brainsucker: Ah hell I just wanna :bolt: and get away to someplace I have never been and be able to relax just for a few freaking minutes before any stress in the morning hits me dammit.

Stearns
07-09-2010, 02:13 PM
An acrimonious divorce between my brother and sister-in-law. Worry over how my niece and nephews (6, 7 and 9 y/o) are being affected. My brother saying things to them about their mom; the emotional abuse he heaps upon her. He is unreachable, unreasonable, unrepentant. My nephew throwing up after witnessing a horrific argument. Mental picture of the three of them huddled in the car, watching. Wondering what I can do, if I can do more. Regret at having moved - though only a state away - so far away. If I had only known.

chefhmboyrd
07-09-2010, 02:45 PM
An acrimonious divorce between my brother and sister-in-law. Worry over how my niece and nephews (6, 7 and 9 y/o) are being affected. My brother saying things to them about their mom; the emotional abuse he heaps upon her. He is unreachable, unreasonable, unrepentant. My nephew throwing up after witnessing a horrific argument. Mental picture of the three of them huddled in the car, watching. Wondering what I can do, if I can do more. Regret at having moved - though only a state away - so far away. If I had only known.

my brother and his wife went through this
and the kids did suffer.
but all you can do is offer what love and support you can to the kids,
and hope for the best.

make sure they know you love them no matter what, and that if they need you all they have to do is pick up the phone and call.

lipstixgal
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
A horrible day at the internship site. All they make me do is paperwork. I'm a medical assistant for God's Sake let me do patients that's what they trained me to do. I'm bleary eyed from looking at a computer screen all day and the scans of patients charts from the nursing home. OMG what should I do?? go to the school and complain I guess that's what I am going to do!!

Gemme
07-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Are we living the same life?

Well, if today was better than yesterday but you still ran your tush off then maybe. If you have a home with no a/c (so the windows are open at night) and your neighbors have an infant that's either hot and miserable or suffering from colic or all of the above, then you ARE me. Welcome. :blink:

RockOn
07-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Stressful day. Okay now. Had a huge bowl of CoCo Pebbles for dinner. I deserved to blow it out with the CoCoPebs. I have eaten steamed veggies for the past three days. Don't want to get too healthy. LOL!

This woman at work who sits near me is either singing Christian music or talking all day long. Her talking is not work related noise, it is socialization ... either on the phone with her friends or with her friends that come and hang out. She and her friends get really loud. Management won't do anything about it. She and I had it out about three months ago. I told her she is rude and loud. Now I am the bad guy.

I simply tire of hearing her voice all f***ing day long. Yack, yack, yack. :blink:

I need to look for stronger earplugs. These I bought a while back are not getting the job done. If I were the type person to sue, I'd investigate my options ... but I am not.

Oh well, I won't let it spoil my weekend. :)

RockOn
07-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Someone asked, "can't I be moved away from sitting so close to her?" That would be such a blessing but management won't do it - I already asked. I think they are afraid if they move me, there will be a great many others who will request to be moved away from someone they do not like or who they find loud. It is a common problem when you work in the cubie dweller environment.

Most days, I do okay with it. Once in a while, it gets to me. Yesterday afternoon was like that. Chances are, I will not let the situation get the best of me again for awhile. That seems to be the pattern. I tell you, I really do not like this woman. She seemingly only cares about herself and what she wants to do. My best friend at work sat by her for a couple of years a while back. He confided to me he experienced the exact difficulties. He told me it was hard for him to concentrate (we code software) with all her noise and her constant visitors. I feel somewhat validated in that at least I know it is not just me overreacting. I love my job so I just have to deal with it. The world does not revolve around my needs/wants. I am simply not that important. LOL!

Off subject ...
Trying to get some coffee in me. Kelly is starting her Saturday morning routine of wanting to go for a walk as soon as we get up - which is not possible. I have to have a little time to wake up, brush my teeth, shower and dress. My dog does not wait well. :) Think I will take her over to this new place I fouind for her walk. Lots of trees, hence, lots of shade. I am wishing my life away but I am wanting November and the cool Fall air to arrive.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Brock

Blaze
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Ok, I am not stressed at all. Went fishing and feeling relaxed as the ocean I just came from.
But... I am going to practice because I know that starting Monday this will be my most favorite thread to turn to because come Monday, I start my new position. So I have to practice lmao :seeingstars: :byebye: Shhhh I'm just getting my feet wet!

Gemme
07-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Today was a flashback day. It's been a while since we've been so busy and today made me remember just how damn hard it was. The day went by HELLA fast, but there were fires and issues that continuously cropped up.

I admit, I kind of like that, though. There's a certain satisfaction in fixing problems, big or small. I lost my cool once....okay more than that, but no one saw or heard me lose it the rest of the time. I think I smoothed it over, though.

*sigh*

I'm going to start having to put more than one person on mid-shifts during high check in days and we're going to have to get that breakfast attendant my bosses have been dragging their feet about. Welcome to summer in the PNW, folks.

JustBeingMe
08-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Stressed? OH YES< YES I AM STRESSSED.:vigil:

Gemme
08-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Yes. Yes, I am. :blink:

ruthie14
08-16-2010, 04:17 AM
In every way possible.. Hell yeah.

lipstixgal
08-16-2010, 04:41 AM
Stressed out for sure got the shingles to prove it I guess it comes from stress?? Don't know all I know is that I'm in pain big time....:blink:

JustBeingMe
08-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Why yes, I know I am.:seeingstars:

JustBeingMe
08-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Uh huh, still stressed out. UGH.

Miss Scarlett
08-23-2010, 04:12 AM
Lots of stress over here...tomorrow Shelia's mom has thyroid surgery. Earlier this year they diagnosed her with breast cancer but little has been done since the chemo shrunk the lumps. But she has had several other problems crop up.

Have had to go to 2 funerals within a month - Shelia lost 2 family members.

Money is tight as always.

Today is my early day at work. Have to be there at 8 instead of 8:30. Traffic is so crazy here lately that my Monday drive is a always a bit more stressful than the rest of the week.

Been in counseling to work on why my weight ballooned to nearly 350 before losing over 130. Working through a lot of stuff there and it's not pretty. Having to confront what I have pushed away and chose to ignore or what I genuinely repressed is painful and stressful. Based on the journal writings I left with my counselor 2 weeks ago I am not looking forward to our session this week. It is going to be difficult because I am pretty sure we will be dealing with something I never told anyone until I gave her my journals to read.

I will survive - it won't be pretty at times but I will survive.

ruthie14
08-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Oh yeah...I am totally stressed out.

AtLast
08-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Have to admit I am very stressed presently. Usually, I handle stress pretty effectively, but right now, I do feel overwhelmed.

JustBeingMe
08-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Stress???????????YEAAAAAAAHhhhhh.

casey35
08-24-2010, 07:47 AM
I am a little stressed out , maybe a lot, I am in the process of finding a new job with hours i need. Trying to go back to college. With a new partner moving in, the count down is 4 days. Feeling the stress of that really got me wondering is this a good thing or bad. The communication is bad this last week. Have not decided if i need to yell or cry.

JustBeingMe
09-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Since yesterday, when mom told me she needed to have an angiogram done again, because her heart is NOT getting Enough Oxygen to it, I have been stressed beyond measure. I am already so stressed over my own stuff and now this. OMG I think I am just going to lose my friggin mind.
I just pray that if mom has to have major surgery after finding out what's causing this, that it's done quickly and NOT during the time I have to leave and be elsewhere of which I have NO OPTION but to leave to attend to personal matters which I will not speak of here.
I don't think I can add another crumb to my plate, it's so overflowing right now it's unbelievable. OMG it's a damn good thing I don't drink.

nicetgurl_30
09-02-2010, 04:09 AM
[

Umm I work with elementary kids who go through this a lot. Of course there r web sites u can go to but a really good way to open things up just ask them. A good book is dinosaurs divorcE. Help them identify maybe if their tummy hurts after an argument it means this....or ask them what they think it means.
Happy, sad,mad,scared? Then go from there.

QUOTE=Stearns;148911]An acrimonious divorce between my brother and sister-in-law. Worry over how my niece and nephews (6, 7 and 9 y/o) are being affected. My brother saying things to them about their mom; the emotional abuse he heaps upon her. He is unreachable, unreasonable, unrepentant. My nephew throwing up after witnessing a horrific argument. Mental picture of the three of them huddled in the car, watching. Wondering what I can do, if I can do more. Regret at having moved - though only a state away - so far away. If I had only known.[/QUOTE]

Miss Scarlett
09-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Just when I think the stress levels are dropping...

I work in family law. Sometimes we have a person call for an appointment and when I do the conflict check it pops up immediately. Sometimes it doesn't. It all hinges on the information provided by the client or prospective client and I don't read minds.

When I have to tell someone there is a conflict and we cannot meet with them I walk a very fine line because what I say cannot reveal confidential client information. I cannot tell someone "I'm sorry but Ms Attorney cannot meet with you. We have a conflict of interest because we have already met with your spouse." Being able to say that certainly would make my job easier. But no can do. When I do find a conflict I have to tell the prospective client "I'm sorry Ms. Attorney is unable to meet with you" and leave it at that. They ask me for more information and all I can tell them is that my attorney cannot meet with them.

Yesterday I discovered a conflict before a potential client came into the office. After discussing it with my attorney the appointment was cancelled giving the usual cryptic explanation. The stress came to roost when a family member called demanding an explanation then called back screaming and I do mean SCREAMING at me about the situation and demanding an explanation.

I gave the message to my boss and she will deal with it. I dread the phone and my office email today. Not looking forward to another tirade. Taking this personally is not something I do, but it is still an extremely unpleasant experience.

I keep repeating to myself something my Mom said when I worked for her:
"An attorney is not a bus. She doesn't have to stop and pick up every stray on the street."

Looking forward to 9/12 when this retrograde ends.

butchboi1999
09-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Wow, I am at this moment unbelievable stressed and angry. I feel like my partner lectures me on a lot of things. I lost my job two years ago when the company closed. Since then I have turned into a full time student and am working on two degrees. My partner is pissed because I am not working part time as well. It is not that I haven't tried, maybe I haven't tried hard enough. I get unemployment, so its not like I don't have money. Part of me thinks that she feels that it is unfair that I just come home and sit around all day while she has to work. Sure I come home, but I clean the house, prepare dinner, take care of the animals and I do school work. I am tired a lot because I have sleep apnea that is not under control (waiting for a doctor), so I have barely any energy. Gawd, I just feel this rage inside me, but I have learned to turn it into a cry, so I will just sit here and whimper.

lipstixgal
09-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Wow, I am at this moment unbelievable stressed and angry. I feel like my partner lectures me on a lot of things. I lost my job two years ago when the company closed. Since then I have turned into a full time student and am working on two degrees. My partner is pissed because I am not working part time as well. It is not that I haven't tried, maybe I haven't tried hard enough. I get unemployment, so its not like I don't have money. Part of me thinks that she feels that it is unfair that I just come home and sit around all day while she has to work. Sure I come home, but I clean the house, prepare dinner, take care of the animals and I do school work. I am tired a lot because I have sleep apnea that is not under control (waiting for a doctor), so I have barely any energy. Gawd, I just feel this rage inside me, but I have learned to turn it into a cry, so I will just sit here and whimper.

Maybe you should try and talk about things that always helps some but I think once you get your sleep apnea under control you will feel lots better. Good Luck with school!! its a tough journey:goodluck:

Tommi
09-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Since yesterday, when mom told me she needed to have an angiogram done again, because her heart is NOT getting Enough Oxygen to it, I have been stressed beyond measure. I am already so stressed over my own stuff and now this. OMG I think I am just going to lose my friggin mind.
I just pray that if mom has to have major surgery after finding out what's causing this, that it's done quickly and NOT during the time I have to leave and be elsewhere of which I have NO OPTION but to leave to attend to personal matters which I will not speak of here.
I don't think I can add another crumb to my plate, it's so overflowing right now it's unbelievable. OMG it's a damn good thing I don't drink.

Remarkable things can be done when heart problems are taken care of early. Glad this was found in time to take care of things.

Take time to breathe deep....I know, sounds simple..
Best regards to you and your Mom.

pajama
09-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Suprisingly, this has me more stressed than I thought. Been fighting an anxiety attack for about an hour. Haven't had one of those since I was the one behaving badly. Now I find myself in a situation that I'm trying real hard not to influence, that may mean I loose someone very special.

Just trying to get by with these shallow breaths, because an elephant's been on my chest for a while. LOL

This too shall pass.
A

pajama
09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Remarkable things can be done when heart problems are taken care of early. Glad this was found in time to take care of things.

Take time to breathe deep....I know, sounds simple..
Best regards to you and your Mom.

Simple but effective.

JustBeingMe
09-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Stressed is not even a word that describes the meaning of what I truly feel lately. Mom has to have another angiogram due to her heart not getting enough oxygen and failing her stress test. My mom has had so many damn surgeries already it's not even funny. She has P.A.D. and high cholesterol, she's been on meds since her first surgery 22 years ago, when she was my age, 47...my bday is this month, so same age as mom on her first surgery. My mom died during her first open heart triple bypass, of which they had to revert to only doing a double, then the following year doing the other bypass surgery. She has plastic aorta in her stomach to both legs, and just had surgery in Dec for the 5th time to save her left leg, she now has plastic artery in that too. She has had both carotid arteries done, her right leg has had 2 surgeries already, and her right brachial artery has been done as well. I just worry that this may be the surgery that takes my mom from me. She's all I have and I love her with all my heart. My stepfather died Jan. 13th, and it just makes it even harder emotionally. I'm going through so much since Feb, that it's just taking it's toll on me. Hopefully if mom has to have her surgery, I can be here with her. I have to attend to personal matters I wish not to discuss, on Sept, 21st and I don't know how long it will take me to be able to get back here and be here for my mom. Man, I just wish I could get a break, just once. I wish my mom wasn't in the condition she is in, but it's hereditary, and I have the same problems,....luckily I haven't had to have any surgeries yet, Thank The Lord. I want to move back to Austin, but I am torn because of my mom and her condition. I know I can't fix it, but I wonder if I should just remain here so I am here for her always. I miss my friends badly, and have no support system here really. No queer friends here that I know of, this town is so small you could call it Hee Haw Land.
UGH, I feel heartburn coming on.

lipstixgal
09-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Well this dogs are up early and making noise so no sleep for me. I'm stressed out due to illness and the dogs just make it worse!! Gonna try to lay back down and see if sleep willl help!!

JustBeingMe
09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Got a huge weight lifted off my shoulders today. My moms angiogram came out really well. No blockages to her heart at all.
Doctor said her heart bypass from 22 years ago is still doing well and much better than expected. No surgery needed. This has lifted a huge amount of stress off me on top of my own personal issues going on. I feel somewhat relieved and grateful and thankful.
Now...........to deal with my own stuff beginning this month, and hopefully I can put that particular issue to rest and be done with it so I can move on to taking care of business in my own life.

JustBeingMe
09-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Got another HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders Yesterday. I am finally no longer stressed over this particular issue. WOOOOHOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

girl_dee
09-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I feel stressed out because I feel I want to be in two, three places at one time.

JustBeingMe
10-06-2010, 05:05 PM
:blink::seeingstars:

lipstixgal
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Stressed due to new internship coming up tomorrow all day too. 9-5 pm I hope I can do it going to bed early too.

JustBeingMe
10-07-2010, 11:42 AM
:brainsucker: from :deepthoughts:way too much about what I'm going to do and how long it will take me to do it ........:whine: :freak:

princessbelle
10-07-2010, 07:23 PM
My son's wedding is in two days!!!!

However, i did FINALLY buy a dress today. The rehersal dinner is tomorrow night and omg i hope i didn't forget anything.

Two days....hurry up so i can breath again.

And please let me remember what this is all about......my son, his wife and a beautiful new beginning....please let me remember to bring tissue..the tears are already forming.

Pixie
10-09-2010, 10:58 PM
My son's wedding is in two days!!!!

However, i did FINALLY buy a dress today. The rehersal dinner is tomorrow night and omg i hope i didn't forget anything.

Two days....hurry up so i can breath again.

And please let me remember what this is all about......my son, his wife and a beautiful new beginning....please let me remember to bring tissue..the tears are already forming.

I hope it went well love, and you can breathe a sigh of relief on the other end.

dark_crystal
11-22-2010, 10:51 AM
k long story short: the library building has been closed for HVAC upgrade. We have been running limited services out of the foyer and only needed about half of our usual staff. To make up payroll, each staff member was given 1 day of administrative leave and one day to work from home.

The work was finished Wednesday, but the decision was made to remain on limited service until our original planned reopening (today)

I did my work at home day this past Friday. My supervisor and i discussed this in detail, as my junior assistant came down with an ear infection on thursday and had to miss 2 days of work. I said "I am supposed to work at home tomorrow, but i can come in if i need to," "No, no, no," she said, "we have it covered"

This morning my boss came and told me- as a "heads up"- that i should have come in. The director told her that work at home days were only approved while the building was in transition, and that once the work was done i should have known that all previous arrangements were off.

"Butbutbut" i said, "the work was finished on Wednesday- i confirmed with you on Thursday! Why am i finding out on Monday that i am in trouble for an assumption i never thought to make on Wednesday- esp when you we talked about it on Thursday???!!!"

Her (exasperated) "You're not in trouble Jenny. I am just letting you know how the director's thought process works so you'll know better than to do this again.

"Do what??? Work at home because you specifically told me i could???"

"Just forget it, Jenny"
:bomb:

Kenna
11-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Mom had her first stress-related stroke at the age of 40. .... I'm nearly 40 and, so far, have followed her footsteps with the Lupus.... wonder, given the situation, what the chances are for other similarities? It's something that's always on my mind.

Apocalipstic
11-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanksgiving

morningstar55
11-22-2010, 12:21 PM
ok i dont know about all of you... but.......
trucking can be stressful.. in the past 4 yrs i lost my hair.. some of you know the story..... then it would grow bk only to last a few months then fall out again.... well this past spring of 2010 .. i started taking this stuff from Oxyfresh and also became a seller of it.....
my hair has been hanging in there all yr.. and still growing and staying put.
Ya'll have NO idea how it makes me feel ......
i ran out of " Primorye® Stress Relief Plus"
about 4 weeks ago and gawwd..... i can tell the difference... inside... i dont feel as focused... and feel way to stressed over things.. soo i have some arriving while im home and get bk on it........
i think its a great thing for those with ADHD ..ADD .... seriously speaking.
its all natural ,

check it out.........
http://www.oxyfresh.com/nutrition/

Gemme
11-22-2010, 07:36 PM
k long story short: the library building has been closed for HVAC upgrade. We have been running limited services out of the foyer and only needed about half of our usual staff. To make up payroll, each staff member was given 1 day of administrative leave and one day to work from home.

The work was finished Wednesday, but the decision was made to remain on limited service until our original planned reopening (today)

I did my work at home day this past Friday. My supervisor and i discussed this in detail, as my junior assistant came down with an ear infection on thursday and had to miss 2 days of work. I said "I am supposed to work at home tomorrow, but i can come in if i need to," "No, no, no," she said, "we have it covered"

This morning my boss came and told me- as a "heads up"- that i should have come in. The director told her that work at home days were only approved while the building was in transition, and that once the work was done i should have known that all previous arrangements were off.

"Butbutbut" i said, "the work was finished on Wednesday- i confirmed with you on Thursday! Why am i finding out on Monday that i am in trouble for an assumption i never thought to make on Wednesday- esp when you we talked about it on Thursday???!!!"

Her (exasperated) "You're not in trouble Jenny. I am just letting you know how the director's thought process works so you'll know better than to do this again.

"Do what??? Work at home because you specifically told me i could???"

"Just forget it, Jenny"
:bomb:

Document, document, document.

Seriously.

It's better to be prepared in case something does come up later than to be caught unaware.

sylvie
01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
my father's alcoholism, and his inability to get it under control. and although i know i can't make the changes for him..
and i know the right thing to do, was to step back and not enable him.
but the constant guilt consumes me, because i want him well, and know i can't save him, but i feel like stepping back isn't doing everything for him i 'should' be.. but i know this is the wrong thinking.. and i push myself daily to not get too consumed with this.. but the guilt still overwhelms me, daily..
and of course, i'm scared to friggin' death for his health..

=(

Gemme
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Relearning my job over and over, day in and day out, is becoming extremely stressful so, yes, I am.

dixie
01-27-2011, 08:48 PM
"I just read somewhere that stress makes you smarter... If that's true I should be splitting an atom in my kitchen sink sometime later today!"

Gemme
01-27-2011, 08:52 PM
"I just read somewhere that stress makes you smarter... If that's true I should be splitting an atom in my kitchen sink sometime later today!"

I wonder how they came up with that theory. Stress makes us fatter around the middle, due to the overproduction of cortisol. It makes us worry and give in to obsessive tendencies. It causes hair loss and weight loss/gain and dental issues and unhealthy skin and is just plain annoying.

I'll be awaiting notification of your progress on the atom splitting soon. :blink:

AnaLee
02-08-2011, 03:41 AM
money, money, money

well actually,

LACK of money, money, money.

not very original, I'm afraid, but true.

Sweet thoughts,
Ana

Miss Scarlett
02-08-2011, 05:33 AM
For multiple reasons I am not as stressed out as I used to be. Of course there is the daily stress associated with work and my commute.

But the "big" stress doesn't happen unless I am mentally and physically drained. That's when even petty little childish things can morph into huge monsters. This happened to me just last week. Thanks to the strength, wisdom and words of encouragement from a very special friend my perspective was rebooted and I was able to shake it off.

Staying well rested is a struggle for me but I am trying. The doctor monitoring my weight loss constantly lectures me about getting enough sleep - as in 8 hours per night. That's something I manage only a couple of times a month, but at least I am getting more than 4 hours now.

Meditation helps a lot with the lesser stresses; it clears the cobwebs. Getting out of the office, even for only 5 - 10 minutes helps too.

Blade
02-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Yeah I'm stressed out, to start with I left work about 30 minutes late yesterday and all of our foremen from all our shifts were upstairs in the managers office....that usually isn't a good sign. Last time this happened they cut our hours. I can't stand anymore revenue cuts.

Today I have to go to the lawyers office and I am not prepared. Not like me to not be prepared but for some reason I'm not able to get together the information I need to have a productive meeting today.

morningstar55
02-08-2011, 07:23 PM
ok i dont know about all of you... but.......
trucking can be stressful.. in the past 4 yrs i lost my hair.. some of you know the story..... then it would grow bk only to last a few months then fall out again.... well this past spring of 2010 .. i started taking this stuff from Oxyfresh and also became a seller of it.....
my hair has been hanging in there all yr.. and still growing and staying put.
Ya'll have NO idea how it makes me feel ......
i ran out of " Primorye® Stress Relief Plus"
about 4 weeks ago and gawwd..... i can tell the difference... inside... i dont feel as focused... and feel way to stressed over things.. soo i have some arriving while im home and get bk on it........
i think its a great thing for those with ADHD ..ADD .... seriously speaking.
its all natural ,

check it out.........
http://www.oxyfresh.com/nutrition/

this is really some awsome stuff........... hope some of you all will give it a try.

ruthie14
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Let's just say...YES!!! :seeingstars:

Soft*Silver
02-08-2011, 09:22 PM
My daughter's other mother from her father's other marraige (got that?) has been a life long bain. And once again, the bitch has risen from the dust and is raking her claws across my daughter's back as she attemts to snatch her to carry her across the land and dump her in the blackness of her own rotted ideology she calls religious beliefs.

I cant say a word because it is always interpreted as me being jealous of her.

when in fact, it is the furtherst thing in my mind.

what I *am* is PISSED that this twit of a woman can walk in and out of my daughter's life simply because the idiot man I married because I was too drunk to know better, married her after I divorced him!

and they arent even married anymore!

Sparkle
03-29-2011, 06:45 AM
I've had stress overload for so long that I nearly hit my breaking point recently. There are, of course, a litany of reasons that my stress hit this crisis point.

I thought I'd share what I'm doing *about it*, my baby steps...

I've been prescribed an anti-depressant for (what had become) pervasive anxiety; I'm doing another course of EMDR for my PTSD symptoms. I've found that in the last 10days the combination has alleviated most of my daily anxiety.

With anxiety out of the way, I'm hoping that other healthy lifestyle choices will shift the depression that has settled over me from the cumulative effect of all my short and long term stress.

I'm trying to make decisions every day that reduce the stress I feel. I know I can't instantly change the external stressors that impact me, but I can change how my body and mind react to them.

I am aiming, every single day, to sleep for 8hours. That means going to bed ridiculously early (9pm) because I know it takes me at least 1-2hours to fall asleep. For me, it also means not logging on to my computer after 8pm because it "jigs me up", not watching television (computer) in bed, not eating after 7pm, only drinking water after dinner, turning off my phone at night... These are all hard habits to break, but I see results when I do break them.

Now that the snow has melted and the daylight has increased, I am consciously increasing the amount of time I spend walking my dog every day. We're up to a 45min walk in the afternoon/evening; as well as our quickie 15min walks first thing in the morning and last thing at night. My aim is to always give him an hour walk in the afternoon and then to add additional exercise that is just for me (pilates, yoga, and eventually starting to run again).

The combination of the medication, sleep and the slowly increasing exercise are starting to help me build a new routine - in to which I can continue to navigate the daily stress of managing too little money, searching for a decent FT job (instead of juggling freelance and PT work), planning and cooking nutritious low cost meals and keeping a tidy house.

And ultimately I aim to *like my life* again, even with the stress.

Sachita
03-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Is this the bitch forum? lol

I busted my ass launching new projects. For two months I planned on summer help, a few good friends that said they'd come for 6 months and work for me. I would give them room and board, a stipend and the would learn some things they wanted to learn. Now its 3 fucking days before they are suppose to arrive and I get an email with some lame ass excuse. I hate excuses. If you had a change of heart just say so. Also if you're such a good friend why wait last minute knowing everything I have going on?

The hired helped I have been using, another queer, can't decide if she wants to work or not. I don't hear from her for days and then I get a text acting as if she's been waiting for me. lol it's a stupid game she plays and I'm beginning to realize she's just not that smart.

Let's see..... I'm stressed because of the happenings in the world. I was feeling great and then this Japan thing happens and I feel like I felt after 9-11. Uncertain, fearful and confused. I feel it all over my body. I try to live in the moment but my body won't let me. I can not allow this to defeat me.

little_ms_sunshyne
07-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Stressing about Stressing! What the heck?! How do I not stress as much...this crap is giving me premature wrinkles!

Gemme
07-14-2011, 10:20 PM
I've been so stressed lately, I can feel the cortisone levels rising.

*grimace*

I may be giving myself an ulcer too.

Yay.

Glenn
07-15-2011, 03:47 AM
I live in an area that has a lagoon, beach, forest, and park, and I tell you Folks, these mosquitoes are getting worse and worser the more the summer wears on. I can't spray too much of that repellant shit around, because my furkids and I really don't like it. Every time I think I killed them all in the house, more get in whenever I open the door for my furkids . Fuckin mosquitoes!

Soon
11-21-2011, 11:48 PM
my stress is *somewhat* relieved by finding a home I love (and bought!)...I never realized how much having a HOME would alleviate some of my stress.

i was living like a vagabond uni student until this year (nothing wrong with that for some but, for me, was tired)

Soon
11-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Someone whom I adore thanked me on this last post and it reminded me of this thread.

Another stress reliever I find is swimming...I am fortunate enough to have a pool in my building but, even when I didn't, I was loving a gym where there was a pool.

I am not some crazy swimmer, but a few laps does wonders for me.

my stress is *somewhat* relieved by finding a home I love (and bought!)...I never realized how much having a HOME would alleviate some of my stress.

i was living like a vagabond uni student until this year (nothing wrong with that for some but, for me, was tired)

Apocalipstic
12-08-2011, 03:52 PM
I am very anxious and stressed.

Probably the holidays.

Need to check out indoor pool at my apartments, that does sound quite lovely.

Sassy
01-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Life stress -- Post holiday burnout -- seriously, the freaking tree hasn't made it to the road yet. Tension at home w/ the SO -- still in a holding pattern there. Financial stress -- I have to take a week off without pay this quarter while trying to put money back for emergencies (like becoming homeless or jobless or both.) Work stress -- Not enough people to do write a schedule that gets the work done and a boss who doesn't care that the workload is drowning my staff.
Seriously. I need a good night out w/the girls w/some bad karaoke and good beer. *laughs*

MaggieBluIze
08-12-2012, 06:34 PM
OMG!!!!!
My daughter has only been driving for about 3 months now ...
:seeingstars: ... Yes, stressful ... Ugh :seeingstars:
I'm always so scared every single time she leaves the house ...
Not because of her ... She's actually very careful ...
Because of the others out there ...
Everyone has gotten so aggressive AND distracted ...
She just got hit from behind ...
Waiting to for her turn to merge into traffic ...
She says she's okay, but of course, now I'm a little freaked out ...
The girl was riding her butt and talking on her phone and
I guess just didn't see that Miranda was still in front of her.

I'm so glad she has grown into a beautiful young woman, has over come so very much, is an amazing mother ...
But I'm still so very scared for her.
I wish I could just wrap her in a bubble and never again have to worry about her ...
Too many years of complete concern and fear.

*deep breath*
Okay ... Just needed to get that out before she gets home.

Thanks for listening!
:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Gemme
08-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Stressed? Just a little bit. I have spent nearly all of July working every day, seven days a week and August is shaping up to be the same. The exception, thankfully, is that I'm getting almost one day off a week now.

While I appreciate the job security, I miss my family. I miss free time. I miss sleep. I miss not being so tired and cranky all the time.

Hopefully, things will get better soon.

Gayandgray
12-08-2017, 07:33 PM
BUMP, BUMP!!!

FireSignFemme
12-08-2017, 09:02 PM
It's not really a big deal thing but I'm stressing about getting my cards for the holiday exchange in the mail. I'm at a standstill, and am never one to be good about "anxiously we sit and wait, sit and wait...".

girl_dee
12-09-2017, 06:31 AM
i would not say that i am totally stressed but there is some stress happening since my (already low paying ) employer announced some cutbacks a few weeks ago. JUST in time for the holidays!

i am surely hoping it’s not permanent.

nhplowboi
12-09-2017, 07:16 AM
[B]Hmmmm....the fire in San Diego County. Our condo, which we have just sunk many thousands of dollars in to get ready for sale, is located one road over from the voluntary evacuation fire area. This has been a fast moving fire and there is plenty of unoccupied space (ie brush) behind the complex.
Getting ready for our first snow storm. Most everything is done except the wood stacking for our outdoor furnace. Where's my Aleve?!
[/B

homoe
12-09-2017, 08:48 AM
[B]Hmmmm....the fire in San Diego County. Our condo, which we have just sunk many thousands of dollars in to get ready for sale, is located one road over from the voluntary evacuation fire area. This has been a fast moving fire and there is plenty of unoccupied space (ie brush) behind the complex.
Getting ready for our first snow storm. Most everything is done except the wood stacking for our outdoor furnace. Where's my Aleve?!
[/B

Screw the Aleve! You need a stiff drink and a deep tissue massage I'd say!

Gayandgray
12-09-2017, 09:41 AM
I have sooooo much going on right now that has me stressed! My anxiety was getting bad but I’ve been taking L-Theanine supplements and it has definitely helped calm me down. But I still stress eat and my poor feet can’t take all this weight.

Kätzchen
12-09-2017, 10:09 AM
It's not really a big deal thing but I'm stressing about getting my cards for the holiday exchange in the mail. I'm at a standstill, and am never one to be good about "anxiously we sit and wait, sit and wait...".

Gosh, I hear you FSF!

USPS suspended delivery of mail to our community over a week ago, so I've not received any mail at all, since I went to the post office to see if anything was mailed to me. I had my doctor fax an disability hardship letter to them, they said they would cooperate in personally delivering my mail, but nothing has come yet. It's frustrating and stressful because I've gotten calls from particular people who mailed important documents I requested and I've not received them. So I have been very stressed out by the sudden imposition imposed on our community by mail box vandalism and the US Postal Sevice.

homoe
12-09-2017, 11:14 AM

FSF no need to stress over getting a card to me! Life is short, enjoy!

homoe
12-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Gosh, I hear you FSF!

USPS suspended delivery of mail to our community over a week ago, so I've not received any mail at all, since I went to the post office to see if anything was mailed to me. I had my doctor fax an disability hardship letter to them, they said they would cooperate in personally delivering my mail, but nothing has come yet. It's frustrating and stressful because I've gotten calls from particular people who mailed important documents I requested and I've not received them. So I have been very stressed out by the sudden imposition imposed on our community by mail box vandalism and the US Postal Sevice.

Don't EVEN get me started on the United State Postal Service.........:annoyed:

Gemme
12-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Gosh, I hear you FSF!

Oh, my gosh, Katz! For them to make that decision, something pretty bad must have happened. I hope they get it all worked out for you soon.

Don't EVEN get me started on the United State Postal Service.........:annoyed:

I have my grievances as well, but it's petty stuff, like having to wait in line yesterday for over half an hour while 2 clerks worked their way through 10-12 people. One guy held up one clerk for most of that time just by himself! He came in with a ton of certified letters to process and that is very time consuming.

All in all, I can say that the post office closest to me is pretty awesome. They just had one lady retire so they are shorthanded at the busiest time of the year and one lady has needed carpel tunnel surgery for years now but she can never seem to get the time off necessary to get it done and heal properly. They are a good crew. I wish everyone had the kind of team that I have in my area.

Speaking of the post office, today is the last day to get a standard priority package out internationally by the holiday.

homoe
12-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Oh, my gosh, Katz! For them to make that decision, something pretty bad must have happened. I hope they get it all worked out for you soon.

I have my grievances as well, but it's petty stuff, like having to wait in line yesterday for over half an hour while 2 clerks worked their way through 10-12 people. One guy held up one clerk for most of that time just by himself! He came in with a ton of certified letters to process and that is very time consuming.

All in all, I can say that the post office closest to me is pretty awesome. They just had one lady retire so they are shorthanded at the busiest time of the year and one lady has needed carpel tunnel surgery for years now but she can never seem to get the time off necessary to get it done and heal properly. They are a good crew. I wish everyone had the kind of team that I have in my area.

Speaking of the post office, today is the last day to get a standard priority package out internationally by the holiday.

See, I'm sure that lady retiring didn't just all of a sudden spring it on them! They had notice no doubt, and more than ample time to hire and train someone!
If a CEO ran a company like the government runs the postal service, they'd be tossed out on their ear~

Kätzchen
12-09-2017, 01:34 PM

I sent a photo of the damaged mail boxes to my doctor after I learned from USPS, that they suspended service to our apt community.....unfortunately, the only person at my neighborhood post office who knew me personally? She delivered our mail on our route for over 30+ years. She was hired by USPS when she was in her early 20's. She retired this past July. She retired quietly I imagine because other postal employees at our neighborhood post office might have been challenging to work with. Also, just before I learned she was retiring, she told me that she was retiring before Republican agenda in Washington further erodes the US Postal service retirement pensions.

Homoe is correct! As far as I know, due to two personal friends who are USPS employees, individuals retiring in mass?? THE USPS is not expanding new hiring for full time employment or benefits, like retirees were given. So, I'm guessing that it's hard to find people who will work for peanuts, compared to rich pensions USPS retirees receive under grandfathered policy mandates.

In other related news :

I once posted in the book club forum thread about reading a book I found last winter at the nursing home, of all places. It's about the billionaire genius (and sexual predator ) King Larry.....Which is an documented account of how Larry made his fortune in mail and document delivery during the FAA and pre-USPS years were dominating the delivery and logistics market, long before UPS & FEDEX were on the scene . In fact, it's because of Larry challenging every FAA law on the books that opened up service to countries that USPS had difficulty in providing timely service.

I highly recommend reading this book. It's an tragic portrait of an person who worked around the clock and used drugs and women to mask his serious behavioral disorders. It also is an eye opening account of how people in government agencies will keep an lid on their own ability to subvert policy and law for their own personal gain (aka, the private sector ploy).

http://ejoiner.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451f95b69e2016300aa4d6f970d-800wi

homoe
12-09-2017, 01:46 PM
I sent a photo of the damaged mail boxes to my doctor after I learned from USPS, that they suspended service to our apt community.....unfortunately, the only person at my neighborhood post office who knew me personally? She delivered our mail on our route for over 30+ years. She was hired by USPS when she was in her early 20's. She retired this past July. She retired quietly I imagine because other postal employees at our neighborhood post office might have been challenging to work with. Also, just before I learned she was retiring, she told me that she was retiring before Republican agenda in Washington further erodes the US Postal service retirement pensions.

Homoe is correct! As far as I know, due to two personal friends who are USPS employees, individuals retiring in mass?? THE USPS is not expanding new hiring for full time employment or benefits, like retirees were given. So, I'm guessing that it's hard to find people who will work for peanuts, compared to rich pensions USPS retirees receive under grandfathered policy mandates.

In other related news :

I once posted in the book club forum thread about reading a book I found last winter at the nursing home, of all places. It's about the billionaire genius (and sexual predator ) King Larry.....Which is an documented account of how Larry made his fortune in mail and document delivery during the FAA and pre-USPS years were dominating the delivery and logistics market, long before UPS & FEDEX were on the scene . In fact, it's because of Larry challenging every FAA law on the books that opened up service to countries that USPS had difficulty in providing timely service.

I highly recommend reading this book. It's an tragic portrait of an person who worked around the clock and used drugs and women to mask his serious behavioral disorders. It also is an eye opening account of how people in government agencies will keep an lid on their own ability to subvert policy and law for their own personal gain (aka, the private sector ploy).

http://ejoiner.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451f95b69e2016300aa4d6f970d-800wi

I do vaguely recall you posting about a book you found while re-habing so thanks for posting this again Miss Katz!
I am definitely getting this book ASAP!

Kätzchen
12-09-2017, 01:50 PM
I do vaguely recall you posting about a book you found while re-habing so thanks for posting this again Miss Katz!
I am definitely getting this book ASAP!

You're welcome, Homoe!

I found it at the nursing home, read it in a couple of days, but I was fascinated by this story. I'm surprised it's not been banned yet. I feel this author should win an book award of some kind!

The book is an great read. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. :hangloose:

Gemme
12-09-2017, 08:01 PM
See, I'm sure that lady retiring didn't just all of a sudden spring it on them! They had notice no doubt, and more than ample time to hire and train someone!
If a CEO ran a company like the government runs the postal service, they'd be tossed out on their ear~

This isn't unusual in the workforce nowadays. People are over leveraged in every company, to some degree. It's the same in my company as well. We all wear many hats and are expected to perform all functions at 100% all of the time.

Don't forget, a CEO is the elected president and you know how that's working out.

:blink:

homoe
12-09-2017, 08:23 PM
For the most part Mary, my housemate and BFF, is a pretty laid back person UNTIL we're expecting company!

Then her stress about a perfectly neat and tidy home stresses me out!

RockOn
12-09-2017, 08:49 PM
LOL!

You poor thing! I can relate. I was with a woman for almost a decade that was inclined in the same way. She would set my pants afire with the honey-do list! Heh Heh!

Best wishes to you!

homoe
12-09-2017, 08:54 PM
LOL!

You poor thing! I can relate. I was with a woman for almost a decade that was inclined in the same way. She would set my pants afire with the honey-do list! Heh Heh!

Best wishes to you!

Thank you Rock, I need all the moral support I can gather! :hangloose:

The thing is, this company is down to earth and could care less about how the house looks! They are coming to visit us NOT give our house the 'white glove test'!

RockOn
12-09-2017, 08:54 PM
My stress evaporated a little while ago. My power was restored!

I have pine trees I cut today scattered all over the property. Instead of dragging them to the front down by the road and cutting them into short, managible pieces tomorrow, I will be working on a well house roof that will be pain-free to move so I can climb inside. And I won't be leaving anymore pieces of skinned butt cheeks on the top of the brick walls crawling out of a too tiny space. When I wiggle out, the bricks usually pull my pants down some. That is when the cheek-chewing begins. This is the end of that noise!!!!

Time to start checking into buying a generator too!

I must prioritize if I am to treat myself any better.

Bèsame*
01-07-2024, 10:33 AM
One of my resolutions for the new year is to work thru the stress of being a caregiver. I love my Mom deairly and I do everything in my power to make her life, easy, fun and healthy. But somehow, I think she wants to fight and argue. I'm realizing more and more I have a lot of the same personality traits as my Dad. I'd say the last 10 years prior to her coming to live with me, she resented my Dad for uprooting her from So Cali, getting sick and started up his drinking. I understand the move, but it didnt have to be so drastic. His health, men just think they are invincible. But the drinking part I'm clueless on. I grew up with him drinking all through my first 22 years. He finially stopped and he became the Dad I really didnt have. Maybe the dynamic changed with in my parents relationship? Towards the end of my Dad's life we all saw (my siblings) her resent him for his health and drinking and lash out and be mean.

Maybe I act or react to her efforts or lack of like my Dad? I talk it out all the time with my friends and I'm feeling like I'm burdening them at times. They always reassure me that I need to talk it out. I always feel better and my stress level goes down.
I have free resources available to me from both employers. I'm going to reach out and take advantage.

Surprisingly though, it's been a couple of weeks of niceness. Im not feeling taken advantage of. I know she knows she can be mean. Maybe?? Just maybe?? She is coming around? Anyways, I'm not going to be afraid to ask for help. Perhaps I can get another view on the situation if it arises again.