PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Martial Arts Fans of all Disciplines

rlin
04-25-2010, 09:11 AM
this is a MMA thread...

figured i would state that up front seeing as i used the word discipline in the title...

fighters are getting bigger better faster
cream is rising to the top

whos best
whos best to watch... there is a huge difference

seen any good fights lately
what about #4#

i know surely there are fans here....

c'mout and spread your fun around

Gemme
04-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm going to show a lot of ignorance here, but there's a show with well-known fighters Liddell and Ortiz acting as trainers to some pretty awesome cage fighters. I don't remember the name (I think it's on Spike) or the exact medium it is, but it's like America's Next Top Model but with testosterone.

I. Love. It. :blink:

The fighting's cool too.

WILDCAT
04-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I was just thinking last night (AGAIN) there should be a MMA thread!

Good for you for starting one.

I am hooked on watching these athletes in action - the various style combinations in different fights, the different weight classes, etc...

I even like The Ultimate Fighter series.

I find it all very fascinating. And yes they are much bigger, faster and stronger now - like with most sports, it seems. However, if you look back on the earlier fight clips and some of the ones who just did the martial arts & submissions, no "ground & pound, or boxing", etc, in their game... those were some very good MMArtists then too, quite skilled and very dangerously disciplined as well.

But, with the Jujitsu, Greco Roman wrestling, varying stances, boxing, kicks, TAKE DOWNS, wrestling, ground or stand up game preferences, the grappling, on and on - alot going on!

Full contact combat sport.

Yes, I like it! And I'm glad some of the rules have changed...

OK, more to follow another time.

*SMILE... WILDCAT

rlin
05-30-2010, 05:56 PM
i went away for a month or so and forgot all about this thread!
yes
i do suck.
it looks like there arent many folks who see just how excellent this sport is.

i wonder if they got to watch some women in action would it change a mind.
with that thought here is a decent fight between two very talented women.

ulNHrth4tAQ

i like baszler... she is good... helluva bjj artist... and a heart thats huge...
same goes for tate... i like her... she is an exciting fighter... with a huge heart...
hell... most women fighters have heart... or they dont last...
anyway...
cmon folks... this is amazing...
a sport that is made for us...

rlin