04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Do you have a Wii?

What are your favorite games?

Any tips or tricks?

Do you have Wii Fit?

Any games not worth your time?

How often do you use your Wii?

Wanna Wii with Mii?

So, as you might have guessed, Jack and I just got a Wii. Im uber excited and looking forward to going nutty with it. I wanna hear from other Wii-ers!

Hack
04-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm more of an Xbox 360 guy, but my mom really digs Wii Bowling. She got addicted to it at a rehabilitation hospital after her hip replacement surgery last month. Needless to say, I know what to get her for her birthday this year. lol

Rufusboi
04-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Sorry............we just bought a PS3 - it comes with a blu ray player, netflix streaming, and an internet connection and free access to playstation's network. (you just use your own broadband connection). I think XBox Charges a monthly fee to connect to the internet. Loving this netflix streaming option!! Oh yeah.

Rufus

Corkey
04-26-2010, 09:14 PM
WEE love our Wii
We have the fit and the upgrade, love it. The obstacle course is a trip. So is the cycling. Have Madden 09, golf bowling, tennis, Mario olympic, too many to mention. Love love, love the Wii !!!!

Hack
04-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Sorry............we just bought a PS3 - it comes with a blu ray player, netflix streaming, and an internet connection and free access to playstation's network. (you just use your own broadband connection). I think XBox Charges a monthly fee to connect to the internet. Loving this netflix streaming option!! Oh yeah.

Rufus

I think Wii has the Netflix option now too, but I can't be sure. It seems to me I saw that somewhere in an email from Netflix.

Jake

Medusa
04-26-2010, 09:41 PM
My coworker told me today that the Wii can stream Netflix as well! Anyone use it? Does it work? Love it? Hate it?

UofMfan
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
My coworker told me today that the Wii can stream Netflix as well! Anyone use it? Does it work? Love it? Hate it?

It does, but I think you have to send out for a DVD or something like that.

I don't have one so I can't give you anymore details.

I know Netflix works really well with the PS3 though :)

Selenay
04-26-2010, 09:52 PM
It does, but I think you have to send out for a DVD or something like that.

I don't have one so I can't give you anymore details.

I know Netflix works really well with the PS3 though :)

your wii has to be internet enabled and then you need the disc :)

i'll be trying it out over the summer.

Hack
04-26-2010, 09:54 PM

I stream Netflix on my Blu-Ray player. Sometimes the picture can look a little muddled, due to the fact that we have a bad connection sometimes with the broadband. I talked to our cable company about it, and they recommended upgrading our modem to a N router.

I love being able to stream Netflix, though. Best thing ever when you are sick or laid up with an injury.

Waldo
04-26-2010, 09:58 PM

I set up my Wii with the Netflix disc last weekend. It works great. Too well. I have watched an entire season of Lie To Me and Dollhouse. Needless to say, I love it.

Kimbo
04-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I love my Wii but I need a new TV to play it on. Trying to play on my 20 y/o tv is just painful. I hope to remedy that by winter. I don't play Wii much in the summer but in the winter it can keep me occupied. I plan on using the netflix option next winter for movie fun.

SassyLeo
04-26-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't have one but I have had fun at a few friends' house BOXING and BOWLING. SO fun!!!

Medusa
04-27-2010, 06:09 AM
We made our Mii's last night - Mine is surprisingly lifelike but Jack wasn't impressed that it appeared that all of the female Wii's had to wear the dress.
Can that be changed?!!

Waldo
04-27-2010, 11:59 AM
We made our Mii's last night - Mine is surprisingly lifelike but Jack wasn't impressed that it appeared that all of the female Wii's had to wear the dress.
Can that be changed?!!

Not that I'm aware of. I just used a boy. Mine is fairly accurate as well. Well except for the lack of hips. Oh well.

Enchantress
04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I have the Wii fit and I love it. Although there are those times when I take the balance and coordination test and it asks me "do you find that you trip over your own feet often?" At this point I have to wonder, what the hell?

With that said though, it's really a lot of fun. It truly does help with coordination and response time and is a great work out. I also have extreme fit (which goes with the Wii), it's a great workout experience!

As for Wii games, I currently have the Disney Princess game (it really is fabulous) and of course the requisite All Star Cheer Squad (don't judge). I am a bit saddened that there is no Buffy The Vampire Slayer game as quite often I find I have the urge to "slay" something *sigh*. But never fear instead of slaying I can kill zombies! Nothing says relaxation like shooting zombies, no?

More to come.

Enchantress
04-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh yes and I forgot to add that with the Wii fit you can not only Mii yourself, but set up a profile for your pet as well. Yep, that's right, there's a Lulu Mii floating around in cyber space.

*woof*

One last thought: I'd love to play with others, so if anyone is interested in exchanging Wii Mii identification numbers that would be ever so stupendous!

Yaaaaaaaay.

I'm highly caffeinated at the moment hence my extreme exuberance.

*blink*

Guy
04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
After playing my neighbors Wii a few months ago I was hooked and had to go out the next day and buy one. :bolt:

To avoid being stuck with bad games I first read the reviews online before I buy .

If your into the old school pinball machines there's Pinball Hall Of Fame, they have the Williams collection and the Gottlieb collection, both are fun, just like your playing a real pinball machine, and the graphics are excellent.

Carnival is also a fun Multi Player game. It has all the great classic carnival games, like balloon darts, water clown, and even a dunk tank.

My last purchase was The Godfather, a great shootumup game. I had this game for my old xbox and loved it so I had to get the Wii version..

Gayla
04-27-2010, 01:06 PM
I dug mine out from under the TV stand last night and plugged it back in, spent something like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get the condom off the controller so I could change the batteries and then a good half an hour hooking it up to the wireless and updating the system. Added the weather and news channel thingys and then browsed the classic games. After all that I was too tired to actually play! :)

We've got the Wii Fit and a couple of other games. Most all I've ever done is the sports stuff. I like the bowling and tennis. Ski jump is fun but very goofy and don't try it if you have bad knees! I've been thinking about getting either the Biggest Loser or the EA Fitness one but not sure I want to spend the mone for something I'll just stop using.

I'd really like to find a good RPG type of game that really uses the motion controller. I'd like to really be able to run through a castle and fight the bad guys!

NJFemmie
04-27-2010, 01:17 PM
I think I have over 16 Wii games, a Wii fit, (and maybe 8 of those games aren't even opened yet).

I really enjoy playing Wii Sports Resort - love the light saber game and archery - I also have the regular sports game with bowling and darts - Mario Kart - various shooting games - this chick-zombie killing game -

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04/54/96/90/0004549690039_215X215.jpghttp://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/11/13/00/01/98/1113000198236_150X150.jpg

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/01/00/86/65/0001008665030_150X150.jpghttp://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/00/88/88/17/0000888817319_150X150.jpghttp://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/08/53/91/16/0008539116332_150X150.jpg

(I'm going to have to take inventory)

I also have a PS2, but since we bought the Wii - it's been storaged.
We love our Wii!

Any Mario Kart players who want to swap IDs, let me know ;)

NJFemmie
04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
I think Wii has the Netflix option now too, but I can't be sure. It seems to me I saw that somewhere in an email from Netflix.

Jake

Yup, it does. All you need is the broadband connection.

http://www.netflix.com/NRD/Wii

SimpleAlaskanBoy
04-28-2010, 12:06 AM
I L-O-V-E My Wii. I have Animal Crossing & Harvest Moon but mostly play the games I downloaded to the Wii via the Wii shop channel. daisy and I got Super Mario Bros 1, 2, & 3 plus I was able to find a sort of obscure Sega Genesis game that My brother and I enjoyed playing growing up. (It's Toejam & Earl-don't judge Me.) :P
We also have the Netflix DVD and it was wonderful.
I'd love to get Mario Kart and some other titles eventually.
~SAB

Wryly
04-28-2010, 12:23 AM
I love my Wii.
Although - I don't play it as much as I used to.

I have the Wii Fit (the balance ones are my fave), Beatles rock band, Shawn White snowboard, Tony Hawk skateboard, Wii Resort (I like the golf, ping pong challenge and a few other games (that aren't all that great).

I don't play much during the summer - mostly during the winter. Except this past winter as my nephew got me hooked on PS3.

NJFemmie
04-28-2010, 06:28 AM
I L-O-V-E My Wii. I have Animal Crossing & Harvest Moon but mostly play the games I downloaded to the Wii via the Wii shop channel. daisy and I got Super Mario Bros 1, 2, & 3 plus I was able to find a sort of obscure Sega Genesis game that My brother and I enjoyed playing growing up. (It's Toejam & Earl-don't judge Me.) :P
~SAB

How does the Netflix work with the Wii? Any problems, issues?
Is your Wii on wi-fi or are you hard wired?
I'm thinking about joining and getting the CD.
I'm surprised Wii didn't work out a Netflix Channel deal.

MissGentleman
04-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't play me Wii much, but I often jam on Beatles Rock Band... man I love that game, even if my Gretsch is screwed.

Medusa
05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
How does the Netflix work with the Wii? Any problems, issues?
Is your Wii on wi-fi or are you hard wired?
I'm thinking about joining and getting the CD.
I'm surprised Wii didn't work out a Netflix Channel deal.

NJ!

I got the Netflix CD and set it all up with our Wii and we LOVE it.
Ours is wirelessly connected to our router at the house and even with our crappy internet service it works like a charm.

We got the 10.99 plan with 1 movie mailed at a time, the extra Bluray thing, and unlimited Wii watching.
We have already gotten our money's worth in the last 2 weeks having watched 3 new movies and countless documentaries.

You'll LOVE it!

NJFemmie
05-26-2010, 08:26 AM
NJ!

I got the Netflix CD and set it all up with our Wii and we LOVE it.
Ours is wirelessly connected to our router at the house and even with our crappy internet service it works like a charm.

We got the 10.99 plan with 1 movie mailed at a time, the extra Bluray thing, and unlimited Wii watching.
We have already gotten our money's worth in the last 2 weeks having watched 3 new movies and countless documentaries.

You'll LOVE it!

Awesome.
We have the wireless setup on the Wii, and was curious if hardwiring would be better. But, if you say it works like a charm, I'm ready to give it a go.
Sweet! Thanks ;)

gotoseagrl
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
~SAB

i love old and new mario. i still like to play my Paper Mario sometimes. really love Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, too. good picks. :)

i also love the new Netflix streaming, had been waiting a long time for them to release the disc.

Mrs. Strutt
05-26-2010, 08:33 AM
I bought Mr. Strutt and Katie a Wii for Christmas and we totally love it. I'd say we play most days for at least an hour right before bedtime.

The best thing I did was buy a quad dock and four controllers. That way, we never have to worry about batteries running down if we get into extended sessions.

The worst thing? When your five-year-old daughter kicks your ass at bowling :doh:

NJFemmie
05-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Since we've been playing Warcraft more, we haven't been playing the wii.
On occasion, I'll manage a bowling or basketball session before Mare gets home.
I have been itching to play Mario Kart and try out some of the games I haven't even opened yet.

Anyone have http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/VXOsKlzKIEep8JULWmJ1_Jcy14Qo8o6Z5z0abx4WPBAcu8OEX1-x7orli3kDTBVPkkBNtefiw7AoG79xhQ1Iq46cyRhLNNHeBuX8n QguHH0iSzBTSQb0PjHV0bEt_PNOBpwZ8Ki17HCQ1a_6BhW8Y4J ptsKbTxdY_A?

I got it for Christmas and haven't tried it yet. Curious to know if anyone has this and likes it ..

christie
05-26-2010, 08:50 AM
We picked up the Wii a couple of weeks ago. The Fit Plus is all ready to go, but I was kinda miffed at my Wii age - bastards.

We've not really had time to play it a lot, but we love the bowling and the Winter Olympics game kinda sucked. I can't figure skate, apparently.

We've got the Netflix DVD thingy and I set up the wireless connection, but we also have Netflix streaming thru our BluRay in our sitting room, so we haven't used it on the Wii yet. Good to know that it seems to work ok.

Jess has a Star Wars game and the light saber. Oh. Joy. I can't WAIT to video this!!!

I wish home reno would be done already so we can have the time to utilize it more.

Medusa
05-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Jess has a Star Wars game and the light saber. Oh. Joy. I can't WAIT to video this!!!

PLEASE video this and insert it in the appropriate "Random Fuckery" thread!

LOLOL!

christie
05-26-2010, 10:18 AM
PLEASE video this and insert it in the appropriate "Random Fuckery" thread!

LOLOL!

I will see if I can't get hym to dress in the marigold "yeller pimp suit" while hy plays...

Some things are priceless.

Its kinda scares me, tho - hy might very well video me in my son's oversized basketball shorts, a-shirt, braless, do-rag'ged, screaming, "cocksuckers" at the top of my lungs as i try to remove the joint-compound "stucco'ed" walls in my crafty space/office this weekend. I love my motherinlaw, and her random fuckery in home improvements... I really do. (breathe, repeat, breathe)

Thinker
05-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I can't figure skate, apparently.

I CAN'T EITHER!!!!! Friggin' d-bags!! What the hell with that game???

I totally rock the snowboarding.

And curling??? Well, I say it's just as dumb as I ever thought it was just watching on TV. Stupid games. (Only stupid cuz I suck at 'em)

I have one with archery on it. Love that one.

NJFemmie
05-26-2010, 10:25 AM
The archery on Sports Resort is very cool - I love that one. The sword fighting on there is pretty cute. (But they're not swords, more like light sabers).
Still cute.

christie
05-26-2010, 10:25 AM
I CAN'T EITHER!!!!! Friggin' d-bags!! What the hell with that game???

I totally rock the snowboarding.

And curling??? Well, I say it's just as dumb as I ever thought it was just watching on TV. Stupid games. (Only stupid cuz I suck at 'em)

I have one with archery on it. Love that one.

Jess is better at the moguls than I am too.

We did snowboarding, but not with the balance board (that would have been too much like exercise that night). I sucked at it too :shithappens:

We havent tried curling yet.

We did play one on another game that had racquetball (I sucked) and tennis. I heart the tennis. I was much better at it.

We have several games, like NJ, that we haven't even opened yet. Maybe this weekend.

Glad to know that I aint the only ungraceful figure skater around here.

NJFemmie
05-26-2010, 10:29 AM
http://wii.kombo.com/images/content/boxart/boxart_onechanbarabikinizombieslayers.jpg

... nothing like knocking off a few zombies in your bikini ..... :|

Linus
05-26-2010, 10:35 AM
http://wii.kombo.com/images/content/boxart/boxart_onechanbarabikinizombieslayers.jpg

... nothing like knocking off a few zombies in your bikini ..... :|

:| I think I need to get this Wii game. Seriously.

NJFemmie
05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
:| I think I need to get this Wii game. Seriously.

I have it. :| Seriously.
It's .... interesting. I should play it more.

Scorp
06-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Love my Wii.....Mario Kart is our favorite. Mario Galaxy is pretty cool too. But...Mario Kart is addicting and mostly what we use. Don't ask me how many times we used Wii Fit...Maybe twice if that. It's just not as fun!

Wii (I mean we)(Ok mostly me) created about 35 Mii's of family, our cats, neighbors, celebrities, etc. What a trip it is to see the finished products. The majority look just like the people. I've made Michael Jackson, President and Mrs. Obama, Beyonce, JayZ, Ellen, Lady Gaga...I'll have to post them. :artist: