PDA

View Full Version : Present and unaccounted for...

Paphigleo
11-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Ok so I made it here thursday, but had a lot going on that day. Woke up Friday half dead sick. Finally starting to feel a tad better, enough to eat broth and jello. So here I am. *crossing my fingers*

Here's to new beginnings!:D

Linus
11-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Welcome! So tells us something we don't know about you? What do you do? Glad to hear you're feeling better. Not swine flu is it?

D-Money
11-07-2009, 08:13 AM
nice to see you again :)

The_Lady_Snow
11-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Nick! Hope you feel better

Lady Jewel
11-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Jaysus Nick, First your van gets stolen and now you have the infamous flu??

Leigh
11-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey Nick, good to see you here buddy!!!

Arwen
11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey sugar! Glad you are here. Sorry you have had a rough go of it lately. Welcome to the Planet!

dixie
11-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi there! :D

Bit
11-07-2009, 01:43 PM
SICK??!! Awwww, I am so sorry! It was the shock over the van wasn't it? Gryph followed the link off fb and watched the news report... I was in the kitchen when I heard "OMG!!! The VAN!!" He had just seen a pic of it.

Me, I avoid blood and gore, and so I didn't look. Poor Wally. Is there any word from the insurance company yet?

{{{{{{{{{{{{Nick}}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so glad you're here now!

Arwen posted a really cool recipe for pulled pork; I'm gonna try it today, have that big pork roast thawing now. It's too big for my crockpot so I think I'll do it on the stove, at least at first. There should still be plenty when you get here Monday; it's a big roast!

WolfyOne
11-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi Nick, sorry you've been sick. I was like that last week. Good thing R was out of town. Great thing about a new site is, we get to welcome everyone we already know. Oh and we'll get to make new friends along the way. Feel better buddy.

evolveme
11-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Oooo. So sorry to hear of your ill fate. (pun unintended)

Glad you're feeling better and that you have joined us.

Paphigleo
11-07-2009, 10:32 PM
WOW...

Hey everyone...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Not swine flue.. unless I trully am Superman, cause after 24 hours I am feeling much better already.. I am thinking it was simply a stomach bug, albeit a strong one because it takes a lot to make me lose m'lunch. (sorry for TMI)

About dear Wallace (RIP) .. it's totalled!! Absolutely totalled.. they lifted it up and the front axle was snapped in half, the engine falling off had busted through the firewall....

Monday on my way to Cath and Storm's I gotta stop and salvage my belongings before they wreck it. *sadness*

It's good to see my old friends in this new place, and meet some new ones as well!

Linus... I am a Nurse (LPN), working towards (eventually) my Masters to become a Nurse Anesthetist. This spring I continue working on my prerequisites towards the Bachelors degree. I work at a Nursing Home full-time now, and PRN at the hospital in OB, ICU, or ER. (hate OB)

Welcome Home, indeed!

girl_dee
11-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I am here..

That is all.

oh, thank you.

Bit
11-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Sassy, welcome!

Nick... you hate OB? *puzzled* I had thought you liked it...

Poor Wallace, how very awful. You know, given that amount of damage, I am more surprised than ever that the kid isn't dead. *shakes head*

Gryph
11-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Gonna miss that awesome van! Rub Wallace's hood goodbye for me bro.
Say what are we going to do with the seat? :eek: Got any ideas?

Paphigleo
11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Cath, OB would be fine if it weren't for the prego moms, which is why were there, hence the dislike of that department. :D

Gonna miss that awesome van! Rub Wallace's hood goodbye for me bro.
Say what are we going to do with the seat? :eek: Got any ideas?

I plan to take photos of poor Wallace. I'll say a farewell from us all. As for the backseat, I was thinking of posting it to the freecycle email group and see if anyone could use it. :S

Bit
11-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Bet you could sell the backseat on Craigslist. You could give them our phone number.

Paphigleo
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Bet you could sell the backseat on Craigslist. You could give them our phone number.

Ohhhh a money maker... Yeah... and the proceeds go to ou guys since you've stored that dag-blasted bench seat for months!
:P

Bit
11-08-2009, 06:18 PM
...it's more fair that the proceeds go to you--pain and suffering, yanno? *serious*

Paphigleo
11-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Nah!!! No pain and suffering, 'cept all my belly muscles from being sick... Hurts to laugh, but that doesnt stop me either. :D

I get off in the am, gonna try to gather my tack quickly and be on the road to you before noon. You have my e-mail Cath, send me questions or comments etc as need be, or call. See ya for lunch! *eyebrow waggle*

Bit
11-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Well, darlin, we both took echinacea tonight--neither of us can afford to get sick!--so lunchtime it is. ;)

I would call what you just went through pain and suffering, not just the heaving *aaaaaaaaccccckkkkkk! makes warding signs with fingers* but also the utter shock of seeing Wallace murdered.

Gryph said something that made sense tonight... why not buy "another one like the other one" and put the seat in it? Can't imagine the Moose *k, I miss that smilie too* fitting into anything much smaller!

Paphigleo
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Well thats a great idea, 'cept they are usually sold with all theirs seats... but the real decider of what car I get is the price tag and what is available. As far as the sickness, I think I'm no longer contagious. There was never a fever and I was feeling MUUUCH better by saturday night. I can eat and everything!! Yay food.

Yeah I miss the :moose: icon as well *whine* but just wait till you see the Big Daddy and Moose pull up in the *tiny* red sports car! :S

Passionaria
11-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I look forward to enjoying this new space with you!
~Pashi

Tommi
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Ok so I made it here thursday, but had a lot going on that day. Woke up Friday half dead sick. Finally starting to feel a tad better, enough to eat broth and jello. So here I am. *crossing my fingers*

Here's to new beginnings!:D

Wish us all well here in the new neighborhood.

Tommi