PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Charging Battery

Sachita
05-20-2010, 04:18 PM
My lawn tractor has a 6V battery. It died, I didnt turn it off all the way. I bought an electric charger. On the instructions it shows a car and it says you hook the postive to the cable then th negative on a ground, not the battery. Is it the same for 6V and this lawn tractor?

Help please

Sachita
05-20-2010, 04:49 PM
got it! Thanks:girlonatv:

Andrew, Jr.
05-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Ok. Just be careful, please. You don't want to get shocked. I have shocked myself several times. :thinking: I also have made the end of the cables spark. It scared the heck out of my neighbor. He won't let me near anything electrical now. :cheesy:

Sachita
05-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Ok. Just be careful, please. You don't want to get shocked. I have shocked myself several times. :thinking: I also have made the end of the cables spark. It scared the heck out of my neighbor. He won't let me near anything electrical now. :cheesy:

lol I just wanted to be sure it wasn't different or something funky and blow up a 2500.00 lawn tractor. I hook it up then plug it in. My grass is so high. It's rained almost everyday. I tried to mow last night, watching the clouds get dark and all the way until it came down hard. I thought I turned the key all the way and didnt. So I had to go by a charger and wanted to be I hooked it up right. It only had instructions for charging a car battery because it does 12V or 6

Sachita
05-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Too bad I can't jump it like my van or I'd be mowing right now instead of typing this. :( awwww the life of a diva. :(