PDA

View Full Version : I feel pretty oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and bright ..

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
As a Femme who suffers from illness and is differently abled, I am always looking for ways to "feel pretty".

Not for anyone other than myself. So I was wondering what everyone else does to feel oh so pretty?

I:

Take a bubble bath
Get my make up done at the Benefit or Mac counter
Cook a recipe I've never tried
Walk on the beach at sunrise/sunset
Have me and the kids dress up fancy for a dinner of pancakes
Read an autobiography about a woman who inspires me
Complete a crossword puzzle
Wear fancy undies
Learn something new
Laugh until I cry
Watch Shawshank Redemption, Terms of Endearment or Steele Magnolias
Sleep in
Watch an entire season of Six Feet Under or Queer as Folk over a weekend and stay in my pajamas the entire time
Call my friends.

Sometimes it is hard to not feel sorry for myself and that is when I attempt an *oh so pretty* event.

What does everyone else do?

Soon
05-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Getting my hair washed and blown out
Mani/Pedi
Toning and Moisturizing
Finding a new way to put an outfit together or buying even one new piece
Hot shower/fluffy robe and slippers
Putting on a facial mask and soaking in the tub with hollywood gossip mags
Hibernating until certain moods pass

:flowers:

MsTinkerbelly
05-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Yesterday I went out and had my haircut even shorter, and had chunky/streaky highlights added. I am rocking the short hair, and feeling oh so very pretty! (f)

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 07:57 PM
I was hoping to hear from Butches too.

The_Lady_Snow
05-31-2010, 08:02 PM
I treat myself to a couple Key Lime Pie martini's at the gay boy bar

Spirit Dancer
05-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Pamper me and the kiddo
I do her nails and she will attempt to do mine
Hot bubbble bath
New hair color
Slinky dress and heels for no reason
other than to feel pretty

The_Lady_Snow
05-31-2010, 08:08 PM
I go dancing.. all night!

UofMfan
Only because I think you are awesome.

To feel "handsome" I:

Get a haircut.
Take a super hot shower.
Wear my favorite clothes and cologne.
Go out dancing.
Talk to my femme friends, they are always generous with their compliments.
Take a walk and feel the air on my face.
Listen to good music.
Go down memory lane and that makes me feel lucky and handsome.

JustJo
The mani/pedi is a big one for me :)

Although other things make me feel pretty too...breakfast with my best friend...or a new haircut...or even just wearing a skirt and kitten heels...

The one that makes me feel really beautiful though is when Scoote wraps her arms around me, looks into my eyes and tells me that she loves me. :stillheart:

StillettoDoll
05-31-2010, 08:15 PM
I Just look in the mirror :spruceup: Ha Ha Just kidding:superfunny:
actually just getting dressed up helps. I love Betsey Johnson necklaces lately

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 08:28 PM
oooh. Betsey Johnson. :byebye:

Toughy
05-31-2010, 08:40 PM
the easy peasy part is getting up and going to work and doing my work well...............

the hard part is coming home after work.......the energy to do _________

I lost the 'feel pretty' part somewhere around the first joint surgery..............I lost the kink part somewhere around the first time I used my hand to inflict pain and found it hurt me in a bad way far more than it her hurt in a good way........

I do what I do..........I use my hand and wrist to inflict pain on her.................never telling what it cost me the next day.......

never telling

damn adele I forgot what this thread was about.............

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 08:43 PM
the easy peasy part is getting up and going to work and doing my work well...............

the hard part is coming home after work.......the energy to do _________

I lost the 'feel pretty' part somewhere around the first joint surgery..............I lost the kink part somewhere around the first time I used my hand to inflict pain and found it hurt me in a bad way far more than it her hurt in a good way........

I do what I do..........I use my hand and wrist to inflict pain on her.................never telling what it cost me the next day.......

never telling

damn adele I forgot what this thread was about.............

wipes sweaty forehead...

yeah. me TOO!

Toughy
05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
wipes sweaty forehead...

yeah. me TOO!

damn you..............I was gonna delete that post...........

Toughy
05-31-2010, 08:48 PM
I wish right now
I wish right now..........

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
see?

Toughy can make any girl feel pretty. :seeingstars:

Nat
05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
I like to

- go to style.com and browse through the runway shows, copying the styles I like into paint and then squishing the models down to my proportions (shorter! fatter!), eg:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4658710144_18c21ab1ca_m.jpg

- listen to ted talks

- pedicures are lovely, when I can afford them

- get dolled up and go to a poetry slam

- light some candles and incense

- go perfume-shopping/sampling

- watch youtube videos on makeup and play along

Corkey
05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Bippity Boppity Boop.

I sit with the kittehs and purrrrrr with them, then I take a shower and 'cause I have stiff joints Ami cuts my too long nails.

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 08:52 PM
i love hot showers.
i can zone out and have to think real hard about how long i've been in there.

Toughy
05-31-2010, 09:00 PM
I miss Osento ............

It was part of my life in SF for 20 years...............it was around longer than I have been in SF

damn it...........it let me feel oh so pretty..............it was a women's space oasis for years and years and years.......

another lost part of herstory in the Bay Area..........and the oh so pretty part of herstory.........for oh some many women looking for a place to feel oh so pretty in all our glory............

blush
05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Mint makes me feel pretty and fresh.
Minty lotions, gum, candy, soap, candles, etc...

Ginger does too.

and lemongrass.

Oh, and cotton nightgowns with little flowers

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 09:18 PM
baking makes me feel sexy.

so does time with my femme friends.

even the ones that would punch me for buying a $1200 purse. :seeingstars:

Toughy
05-31-2010, 09:20 PM
see?

Toughy can make any girl feel pretty. :seeingstars:

the most beautiful I ever saw you was at the Humanist Hall when we shared that nasty ass Toughy down to her sweaty sticky clinging to my nipples A shirt dance........I have that scarve and it still smells like you and makes me think of 'oh so pretty things'...........

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 09:23 PM
the most beautiful I ever saw you was at the Humanist Hall when we shared that nasty ass Toughy down to her sweaty sticky clinging to my nipples A shirt dance........I have that scarve and it still smells like you and makes me thing of 'oh so pretty things'...........

oh. my. gay.

even in a damn wheel chair?

that means a LOT to me. (f)

Goofy
05-31-2010, 09:24 PM
When my back is having one of those days, I'll soak in a hot bath until the water starts to get cold. Sometimes it even involves bubbles.

Tinkering with almost any kind of bike can make me feel good too.

SassyLeo
05-31-2010, 09:29 PM
-having a pedicure
-getting my hair cut
-wearing my favorite jeans and boots and a great cleavage inducing shirt
jewelry
-dressing up to go out on date with Erin or to an event in town
-being with/celebrating with my with Femme sisters

Martina
05-31-2010, 09:36 PM
a good hair cut
exercise, which i am just getting back to and is harder to do after developing an arthritic knee and gaining weight
fuzzy or silky pajamas -- i need some new
talking to Christina (a femme friend)
read a good book -- why are they harder to find than they used to be
like superfemme, watch an entire season of some tv show over a weekend
go somewhere where there is ocean or just go outside and feel the breeze off the bay
spend time with the felines

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 09:39 PM
thank you so much for some great ideas.

i wonder what would happen if i tinkered?

i did recently teach myself how to knit and crochet from watching youtubes.

it made me feel oddly domestic.:fireman:

Toughy
05-31-2010, 10:01 PM
oh. my. gay.

even in a damn wheel chair?

that means a LOT to me. (f)

oh baby.......I loved the wheel chair part............it gave me a chance to straddle you and you could not get away...........laughin............and I could shake my tits in your face........laughin

Toughy
05-31-2010, 10:06 PM
wait.............dang it...........am I supposed to give some damn flower or something???

Is this where I am supposed to be sensitive and caring?

where is that flower thingie......

(f)

does that work for ya darlin....

*doing that boot toe in the ground, kinda head down but looking up shy ass shit kicker look*

Waldo
05-31-2010, 10:08 PM
hmmm...

Cut my fingernails
Buy a new pair of shoes
Workout
Buy a new bra... that's right. Wanna make something of it???

SuperFemme
oh baby.......I loved the wheel chair part............it gave me a chance to straddle you and you could not get away...........laughin............and I could shake my tits in your face........laughin

Yes. We perv on those pics often. See my gallery.

wait.............dang it...........am I supposed to give some damn flower or something???

Is this where I am supposed to be sensitive and caring?

where is that flower thingie......

(f)

does that work for ya darlin....

*doing that boot toe in the ground, kinda head down but looking up shy ass shit kicker look*

You are funny.

Seriously, I just spit water on my screen which is way better than a flower.

shit kicker shy ass......omg. :wine:

Soft*Silver
today I was out in my yard doing ..well..yard work.

I was covered from head to toe in soil, mulch, sweat and blood. (rose bushes)

My buddy Jean came over to cut the grass for me. She walked up to say hello and smiled as she looked at me. I felt like I looked a sight. The weekend was so hard on me...I created a massive disaster in my kitchen last night by forgetting to turn off the bathroom sink. In 10 minutes, I destroyed my kitchen ceiling. This was on my mind as well..and well, I felt like I looked anything but pretty. I felt I looked frazzled, worried, scared, ashamed, (memory loss caused the mistake that destroyed the ceiling) and messy.

she said to me " you look really happy..your yard agrees with you. You look good..."

wow. Talk about a suprise pick me up! I felt pretty. Not just pretty beautiful but pretty damn good about myself in general. She was right. Destruction comes and goes in my life. If not my ceiling, then my hopes and dreams are always on the line up to be shot at and destroyed. But destruction isnt the only thing that comes and goes in my life. I am stubborn. I am relentless. And I am in denial. I refuse to let my back injury destroy a single moment that I have left in me to STILL DO. Someday I wont be able to STILL DO but right now, in my mulch/soil/sweat/ and blood moment, I was able to STILL DO and my buddy Jean recognized the beauty in my stubborn willfulness.

and other ways I feel pretty...

refresh my nail polish. My nails are always painted. Its the one thing I love to do and makes me feel good about myself

avon. Can you believe it? I am shocked myself. But no one makes a better face moisturizer for the price. (look at consumer reports) and I can afford a $2 lip gloss every once in awhile

walk my dog. Getting out and moving can make me feel alot better about myself and walking my dog helps her feel good too

condition my hair. Ever since I went silver I have such volume and curl. I rarely need to "treat" it anymore because its not burnt by dyes, curling irons, chemicals, etc. But sometime I just do it to feel pretty

Tattoo. If I had the cash, i would get a tat to feel pretty. Or a piercing.

one of the best ways to get me out of a myopic funk, is to see myself the way my honey sees me. I pick well. I pick people who can see me as beautiful and appreciate my inner and outer beauty. So when I see myself the way they see me, its a real pick me up.

I look at my daughter and because I know where she got the genes to be so beautiful, I can get a pick me up that way too.

looking at my sister as we age, and seeing how incredibly beautiful I think she is as she matures, I acknowledge we come from the same gene stock too

remembering my mother, who in her simplicity of looks, was an incredibly beautiful woman. I know my father fell in love with her the minute he saw her and I never saw him not look at her without total adoration. He is who I model my expectations of a partner from. If they cant look at me like he looked at her, I dont want to get involved...

there is more but I am tired...

SuperFemme
05-31-2010, 10:09 PM
hmmm...

Cut my fingernails
Buy a new pair of shoes
Workout

Do you do it in that order?

And no, I think buying a bra is a perfect way to inflict self love. I do it often.

Massive
05-31-2010, 10:38 PM
I don't go out and buy anything or pamper myself ...
I do go sit on the shore, looking at the sea, listening to the wind, feeling the sea air on my face ...
That's my therapy.
Give me a day at the beach, and I'm a happy bunny!

AtLast
06-01-2010, 12:22 AM
hmmm...

Cut my fingernails
Buy a new pair of shoes
Workout

Absolutely not! It is totally refreshing to see this list. I think I'll start a butch grooming thread.... its about time!!

I pamper myself with a ..... scented spa ...

... clipping finger and toe nails, sometimes getting a pedi/mani. Sometimes, I have clear polish applied... so fucking what!?

... nothing like a facial from a professional to take stress away...

.... and I buy new underwear for a small up-lift! Some silk boxer briefs (don't like the long baggy ones, don't like all that fabric clogging up my pants and ruining my figure!!! Got good hips & thighs, show 'em off!) and a few regular women's cotton thigh hi briefs. (Just try to make something of this!)

... getting my hair trimmed sometimes is pampering to me and having it highlighted.

And, I grow phenomenal roses and love fresh cut roses on my table... just for myself!

Frankly, going clothes shopping and finding something that looks good on me can lift my spirits.

Nat
06-01-2010, 12:27 AM

like what, a photograph? :)

Gemme
06-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Mani/pedi
Getting a new hairstyle
Working out
Gussying up and hitting the town with friends
Solving a problem
Dancing around in my skivvies
Getting a good night's sleep and the stretch that follows
Unsolicited compliments (two points for those from strangers, five points for those from trusted friends)

MissItalianDiva
06-01-2010, 04:09 AM
I love taking a hot shower, deep conditioning my hair, lathering on a rich sexy lotion then dancing around the house singing with no clothes on. Something about being free in the moment just does it for me.

Kenna
06-01-2010, 05:22 AM
As a Femme who suffers from illness and is differently abled, I am always looking for ways to "feel pretty".

I can seriously relate to this.

Lupus and chronic pain really drains me... and I'm allergic to most "girly girl" skin products.

But I like to:
*splurge on Arbonne International products bought from my best friend (everything is all natural, no harsh chemicals, no un-natural fragrance or dye ingredients and not tested on animals.)
*Wear my very well made, beautiful and comfortable corset & thigh highs hidden under my business suits. (it "improves" my posture ;) ;) and makes me feel sassy)
*splurge on my favorite vanilla honey scented bath products, almond butter lotions or Hugo Deep Red perfume.
*Dance barefoot in my kitchen.
*apply a little makeup to add color to my pale face and make my blue/hazel eyes stand out.
*get decked out for work and wear my "kick ass boots"
*straighten these G*D Awful curls!
*wear an outfit that's my lover's favorite and smile coy like when I get their attention ;)
*enjoy a candle lit hot bubble bath to wash away the pain
*day dream about my lover sneaking up behind me in the kitchen, wrapping their arms around my waist, nuzzling my neck and whispering "Ummm you smell so good baby."
*having a GOOD hair day!! LOL
*finding a blouse that I don't need a bra with and show off my hourglass curves (scars from my surgery make bras unbearable!)
*seeing the pride in my would-be lover's eyes when they are out with me and their attention is focused on my eyes, smile and laughter.

And "airdrying" after a very hot bath.

Gemme
06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I forgot something last night.

Maybe it's the ritual/process of it all or maybe it's the reason WHY I'm doing it but going to the salon and getting hot waxed makes me feel pretty, especially the naughty bits. :innocent:

adorable
06-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Sometimes I like to make all around me pretty. :)
So that's when I run out and buy new curtains, a bedspread, sheets...maybe a new picture or a frame for an old picture...just very simple things that change my surroundings and refresh me in the process.

Daywalker
06-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I get this...because as a Butch who suffers from illness and is differently
abled, I sometimes wonder if in the eyes of Mrs Daywalker...I am still
everything she fell in love with almost 7 years ago.
:koolaid:
Can I still make her smile in that special way from across the grocery
store, and it is difficult to see from my perspective just how much I have
lost during the years. But it does weigh on my mind. I look for ways
to show her the pieces of me that she fell for long ago...

:rose:

:daywalker:

Softly
06-01-2010, 11:56 AM
use my Instyler and make my hair all silky smooth
put on mascara
wear my cute undies
do my toenails w/red
put on something that I feel comfortable and cute in

Gemme
06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
use my Instyler and make my hair all silky smooth
put on mascara
wear my cute undies
do my toenails w/red
put on something that I feel comfortable and cute in

I can relate to everything but the Instyler. That did absolutely nothing for my hair. Now, give me a Chi flat iron and I'm one happy girl!

PinkieLee
06-01-2010, 12:24 PM
What a great thread for when we all need a lil' pick me up...

I like to pour a nice glass of wine, add a little water to the bathtub (with some yummy smelling stuff), sit on the edge of the tub, and give myself a pedicure ~ and polish the toes with the brightest color I can find.

Taking a nice hot shower, and putting on my favorite big ol' cotton sleepshirt.

Wearing my special occassion perfume... for no special occassion at all!

Having girls date night, where we all cook dinner together, try new wines ('cause they have a pretty label), and just enjoy eachothers company. Nothing like being around one or two friends that make you smile...even when you don't want to!

*Magic_and_Silk*
06-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I dress in one of my many beautiful dresses...even if I don't have to go out.

I change my make-up a little bit.

I dress in flattering clothing when I go out.

I smile a lot, even if I don't feel like it.

cinderella
06-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Clean the house 'til it's 'squeeky clean'
Sit back and enjoy the gleam and lemony smell of the fresh-polished furniture
Shower, wash hair, slip into a satiny concoction (even if there's no one there to see/feel it)
Slip into a bed with freshly laundered linens
Laying in bed listening to torrential rain and hope it lasts for hours
Watching a tear-jerker classic movie
Dreaming of having someone special (still to be met) laying there beside me making love to my hands
A dream lover who's motto in life is: Happy wife, happy life...

I know...cleaning house seems odd, but it does make my soul feel pretty.
So many other things, but this will suffice for now

Oh, and a p.s. - all my bills paid, and owing nothing...plenty of good food and snacks I love in the fridge esp Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream!

Spirit Dancer
06-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Ye7PIyIcCro

MsTinkerbelly
06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Taking a hot cup of tea outside by the pool and having a few minutes of "me" time.:sunglass:

Kenna
06-02-2010, 04:13 AM
This morning...
wiping the sleep from my very tired eyes... I thought it would be nice to start my day with a last bubble bath in this old apartment... So as a treat, I went outside, stepping barefoot in the morning dew (still in my Pjs, sneaking around the yard at 5am), clipped some WONDERFULLY scented honeysuckle and dark pink roses and sprinkled their petals in my hot bath...
Their scent is heavenly!!
I'm so tired and sore... yet that little treat really picked my spirits up.
Walking barefoot in the dew was a sensory delight as well... especially the coolness on sore feet...

Umm too bad I don't have anyone to nuzzle my neck and tell me I smell pretty... :eyebat: :eyebat:

Chancie
06-02-2010, 04:35 AM
I really love my little house, and when I need to do something nice for myself, I tidy and clean as much as I can. Just seeing the clean surfaces and the pretty light which changes with the time of day makes me feel great. I light a candle in the kitchen, make my bed with fresh linens, and sit on the couch and look at my beautiful house plants which give me great joy. When my house looks pretty, I feel pretty too.

*Magic_and_Silk*
06-02-2010, 09:59 AM
This morning...
wiping the sleep from my very tired eyes... I thought it would be nice to start my day with a last bubble bath in this old apartment... So as a treat, I went outside, stepping barefoot in the morning dew (still in my Pjs, sneaking around the yard at 5am), clipped some WONDERFULLY scented honeysuckle and dark pink roses and sprinkled their petals in my hot bath...
Their scent is heavenly!!
I'm so tired and sore... yet that little treat really picked my spirits up.
Walking barefoot in the dew was a sensory delight as well... especially the coolness on sore feet...

Umm too bad I don't have anyone to nuzzle my neck and tell me I smell pretty... :eyebat: :eyebat:

OMG~What a perfect start to the day! I can almost smell the wonderful scents from here! Thank you for this post, Sweet. It helped pick my spirits up!

Andrew, Jr.
06-02-2010, 03:09 PM
:cards: Taking a Hot Shower

:cards: Getting a Hair Cut

:cards: Drinking Coffee on my deck/front porch watching my outdoor animals

:cards: Smoking a good cigar or pipe

:cards: Talking to Dino for hours at a time

:cards: Driving Dino around the neighborhood - he loves to do that

:cards: Getting Dressed Even When I am Barely Able to Get Out of Bed

Blaze
06-02-2010, 03:18 PM
What makes me feel Pretty Handsome is;

A hot shower followed by a cologne of choice.
Putting on my nicely pressed clothes, followed by my paper boy hat that I so love...
A peaceful afternoon with no cell phone interruptions.
A quiet moment filled with only the sound of my guitar strumming.
And a hearty dinner salad that I love the most. All these things make me feel Pretty darn Handsome...

DapperButch
06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Ye7PIyIcCro

It has been nonstop in my head since the first post!

I find myself singing it and whistling it....nonstop...totally unaware...lol

Waldo
06-02-2010, 03:23 PM
like what, a photograph? :)

*snort*

Put that on your holiday gift list. See how that works out.

Waldo
06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
And now for a bath. There may be bubbles. There will not be photos.

SuperFemme
06-02-2010, 05:31 PM
i am trying a new merlot.
one of the advantages of living in wine country. :wine:

Gemme
06-02-2010, 05:31 PM
And now for a bath. There may be bubbles. There will not be photos.

Tease. :blink:

Waldo
06-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Ok, I'm not a tease after all. http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1904&cat=500

Nat
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
*snort*

Put that on your holiday gift list. See how that works out.

sadly, I'm only likely to get a lump of coal. :)

oblivia
06-02-2010, 11:59 PM
A Lush bath complete with BOTH a luxurious bath bomb AND some crumbled up bubble bath bar.... and then glitter. There must be glitter.

Random
06-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Things that make me feel sexy...

Seeing my bright red toenails peep out of my open toes weggies... I do look at them and say.. *Arn't they pretty?* I find it particulary sexy when I'm wearing my camos and I get a flash of heel and toes..

Wearing just my oversized overhauls that I cut off to be shorts... I love, love, love the feel of the sides rubbing on my hips... Honestly.. it makes me feel like sex on a stick..

Tying my hair up into a knot on the top of my head while it's still wet and unbrushed.. It gets all curly and whispy and just feels so sensual when it falls down..

Deep Red lipstick... It doesn't matter what I'm wearing.. Deep *Fuck ME* red lipstick always puts a sway in my hips and a glint in my eyes..

Cool old soft sheets on bare skin.. mmmmm exspecially if the morning sun is just starting to peep over the bed and you get that tinge of warmth..

Walking barefoot in dew covered grass...

Eating with my hands.. mashed potatos, pudding, ripping apart meat or fruit..

Feeding my lover..

Umm.. I might be a bit tactle.. just a little...

All of these things make me feel beautiful, sexy, powerful..