PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! :)

oblivia
06-02-2010, 11:49 PM
I don't know.... do I count as a newb? I guess I am but I'm really not! :)

I joined the other site in.... I think 2001 or so? I am not sure... the same year as the Tacoma, WA bash where I got to meet many of you. I really tended to enjoy it most when it had more of a small community feel - there seemed to be a lot of familiarity between people, and accountability.

I heard... through the grapevine... that a lot of that 'feel' exists here, so I'm here to check it out.

I identify as a queer femme. I also identify pretty strongly with my 'little girl' side. I'm pretty well in touch with my "inner child" and have no shame (though some shyness) about my love of things often referred to as childish. I'm in a committed Daddy/girl relationship (that is also D/s and M/s in nature) that gives me safe space to be truly free to be myself. I am very lucky, indeed.

I married Sparx1_1 in 2006 right on the border between the US and Canada but made it all legal on Canadian soil. The ceremony was a combination handfasting-wedding with subtle vows included that spoke to our 24/7 power-exchange dynamic as well.

We live in Vancouver BC with our two boys (her boys, my step-boys but still my boys too!). They're less "boys" now and more "man-children". LOL One of them is turning 17 in a couple months and one of them graduates high school on Friday and turned 18 in February so maybe I can't call him my man-child anymore? Anyway, digress... a lot.

I really am a small-town girl at heart, but here I am in the big city and am nothing but grateful for the opportunities here for the boys, and for Sparx and I. But some day..... I hope to live somewhere a little bit further from the booming metropolis.. in a small house, with a big garden and lots of wide open space. :-)

My current free-time obsessions are World of Warcraft (thanks my Unka and Di for that one), Webkinz (what a contrast, eh?), and random other things. I also have been singing with the Vancouver Lesbian and Gay Choir since a week after I moved to Vancouver in 2006 and put a lot of energy into it, especially recently. I have met a lot of really wonderful and diverse people there. It can be challenging moving to a whole new area!

Well, I have posted a ridiculously long (re)introduction, so I'm signing off for now! :)

~oblivia

Blade
06-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Welcome to here

WolfyOne
06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the planet oblivia
I too like that small community feel,
but will be ok when it grows because I'm already here
and getting to know a few new people

This place really rocks ... check it out and see for yourself

Gemme
06-03-2010, 02:13 PM
:welcome:

It's good to see you again.

Bit
06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{oblivia}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Welcome to the Planet!

suebee
06-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Glad to see another Canuck here. I'm from N.B., on the border with Maine. Welcome home Oblivia!

Sue :floatbee:

Curley
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Welcome Obiliva Its nice to see another Vancouverite here, there are a few of us. My butch is in the states too also soon to relocate up here :)

Luvnlife
06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
WELCOME!!!

Sam
06-03-2010, 06:49 PM
welcome back

betenoire
06-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Welcome :)

The more Canadians, the better. So say I!

Diva
06-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Oblivia....welcome to The Planet.....it's a new day!

:blueheels:

oblivia
06-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Thank you so much everyone!! :) :) :)

Welcome Obiliva Its nice to see another Vancouverite here, there are a few of us. My butch is in the states too also soon to relocate up here :)

Oooooh yay for Vancouver femmes and butches!!!! :-)

~oblivia
:bigladybug:

Daryn
06-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Hey oblivia, nice to see you around again.

oblivia
06-05-2010, 01:51 AM
You too, Daryn! :)

Kätzchen
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Oblivia, It is so good to see you here!

I missed seeing you around and now you'll be here! *yay*

PS/ I liked hearing about your sons! *that's awesome*

oblivia
06-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Oblivia, It is so good to see you here!

I missed seeing you around and now you'll be here! *yay*

PS/ I liked hearing about your sons! *that's awesome*

Hee hee!!! :) Thank you so much!!! I'm really happy to be back. I LOVE this site and am very grateful to Dusa and company for making it possible!! :)