PDA

View Full Version : BFP CDX : Anyone interested?

Pages : [1] 2

Medusa
06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Anyone want to do a CD exchange?
(this is my passive-aggressive attempt to get Waldo in here to wrangle this!) :)

PinkieLee
06-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Oh you KNOW I'm down for this! Some of my favorite cds from folks on the CDX and are on constant rotation in my car cd player!

UofMfan
06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Anyone want to do a CD exchange?
(this is my passive-aggressive attempt to get Waldo in here to wrangle this!) :)

I would totally do it. Being that I am international, perhaps others would not be so eager to participate with me. I may have a way around that though.

suebee
06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Could someone explain how this works please?

Queerasfck
06-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Yes, my buds and I have been talking about doing this for a couple of months now. Sounds good.

Medusa
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Could someone explain how this works please?

Basically we put people into a swap group and you make a mix CD for each person in your group and mail it to them and you receive their mix CDs in return!

I have participated in several of these and they were a GREAT way to hear new artists :)

Mitmo01
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah id love to do this i love music and hearing and exploring new music im down

suebee
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Count me in! Music is a necessity in my life. I've got tons of music on my computer - a really eclectic mix.

leatherfaery
06-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Please count me in.

waxnrope
06-10-2010, 10:17 PM
uh oh! I am like totally down for this! yeah!
do we need to mail the cd, tho'? isn't there some way that I can share my iTunes via computer?
uh, I have a lot of older stuff and don't know if anyone's interested in that. some collected for dancing (partner), too. Anyway, let me know if that's a problem! I am so into music!!

Diva
06-10-2010, 10:46 PM
I would definitely like to participate in this! What fun! And what a neat way to be exposed to new sounds! Love it!:grandpiano:

betenoire
06-11-2010, 05:29 AM
I would totally do it. Being that I am international, perhaps others would not be so eager to participate with me. I may have a way around that though.

Hi hi. I participated in a couple over at the other place even though I'm Canadian and the universe didn't blow up. In fact, I can think of several Canadians who participated, and I think there may have been someone who wasn't Canadian -or- USA-ian. (haha, USA-ian!) Although, if I do get in on this one I may mail the stuff from the US (cuz I live in a border town) and have disks mailed to Nick's parents place in (fucking) Ohio.

Yes, my buds and I have been talking about doing this for a couple of months now. Sounds good.

Am I one of your buds? I know me and Bob were talking about it and that your name came up. Are we buddddddieeeeees? Am I an honourary bro? :fastdraq:

UofMfan
06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi hi. I participated in a couple over at the other place even though I'm Canadian and the universe didn't blow up. In fact, I can think of several Canadians who participated, and I think there may have been someone who wasn't Canadian -or- USA-ian. (haha, USA-ian!) Although, if I do get in on this one I may mail the stuff from the US (cuz I live in a border town) and have disks mailed to Nick's parents place in (fucking) Ohio.

Am I one of your buds? I know me and Bob were talking about it and that your name came up. Are we buddddddieeeeees? Am I an honourary bro? :fastdraq:

Oh Lord! Canada is not considered international, it is practically the 51st State!

Have you ever tried mailing anything to Kazakhstan?!

Daywalker
06-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Me!
:koolaid:

Me too.
:rainsing:

I have a whole stack still with their mailing packets from the folks
who sent them to me for the last 3 bee eff CDX's.
:danceparty:

I got some hella groovy stuff I wanna share.
:breakdance:

Have yer people contact my people

:coffee:

:daywalker:

suebee
06-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Oh Lord! Canada is not considered international, it is practically the 51st State!

Have you ever tried mailing anything to Kazakhstan?!

Don't make me send the special forces after you! :fastdraq:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr154/cybersuebee/canada/canada-1.jpg

I'm in a border town too, so even though I live in Canada I can send the discs from the USPS, and have an address in Maine they can be sent to.

So - how do we go about this?

The_Lady_Snow
06-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Count us in!!!

Queerasfck
06-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi hi.

Side note. I have all the Smith cds I need.

UofMfan
06-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Count us in!!!

Counting you, ah ha ha! :)

TJxKvwMIVtA

Lillie
06-11-2010, 10:29 AM
I would like to throw my tiara in the ring..I would love to participate in this xchnge!

Fancy
06-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Basically we put people into a swap group and you make a mix CD for each person in your group and mail it to them and you receive their mix CDs in return!

I have participated in several of these and they were a GREAT way to hear new artists :)

YAY! CD swaps are awesome. I think I've done 5 different swaps, so far.

Count me in. Totally.

Apocalipstic
06-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Count me in please!

I would be happy to mail things Internationally too, so include me in that group!

I have not mailed, but do FedEx to Former Soviet Union nations all the time. The addresses can be confusing, but it's all part of the fun! :bunchflowers:

Medusa
06-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Id be happy to mail international as well!

Ok, so we'll give it a few days to see if anyone else signs up and then we'll make the swap groups and go from there!

WOOT!

(btw, I can attest that one of my favorite CDs of all time came from the first CDX on the dash site. Princess Pottymouth sent me a CD with a ton of goooood Rockabilly and other good stuff and I am now OBSESSED with Tiger Army!)

Medusa
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Just bumping this thread up!

We can let people sign up for the CD exchange until Monday, June 21 and go ahead and start putting people into groups after that!

I'll make a new thread once we close the signups and start doling out the groups! MWWAAHHHHAAAAHHAAAA!

betenoire
06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
(btw, I can attest that one of my favorite CDs of all time came from the first CDX on the dash site. Princess Pottymouth sent me a CD with a ton of goooood Rockabilly and other good stuff and I am now OBSESSED with Tiger Army!)

Who is this Princess Pottymouth chick? She sounds so awesome!

Medusa
06-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Who is this Princess Pottymouth chick? She sounds so awesome!

She was BAD ASS! You might have liked her a little bit but she was kinda aloof and cliquey. :rofl:

betenoire
06-14-2010, 12:02 PM
She was BAD ASS! You might have liked her a little bit but she was kinda aloof and cliquey. :rofl:

Quiet and Mean, those are my people.

Diva
06-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Quiet and Mean, those are my people.

Sounds like a C&W song.....

She was quiet and mean
Oh yeah, those were her people;
And she had a sailor's mouth,
it was icky.
She was quiet and mean
And she went & changed her name
Cuz she wanted nothing more
than to be cliquey........

:|

UofMfan
06-14-2010, 12:21 PM
OK, so I am officially putting my name in the mix. My mailing time is longer but I will plan accordingly.

betenoire
06-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a C&W song.....

She was quiet and mean
Oh yeah, those were her people;
And she had a sailor's mouth,
it was icky.
She was quiet and mean
And she went & changed her name
Cuz she wanted nothing more
than to be cliquey........

I don't like that song!

I was actually quoting Nurse Jackie. I love her.

Spirit Dancer
06-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Count me in as well.

Enchantress
06-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm interested (although putting together these cd's always creates such angst in me).

Count me in!

Medusa
06-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Im an angsty CD putter-togetherer too! I always mentally compile a list and then end up stressing over how the CD flows right before I sit down to burn them!

I will say this is one of my favorite things to receive in the mail! I have discovered some VERY good new artists through past swaps. :)

UofMfan
06-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Im an angsty CD putter-togetherer too! I always mentally compile a list and then end up stressing over how the CD flows right before I sit down to burn them!

I will say this is one of my favorite things to receive in the mail! I have discovered some VERY good new artists through past swaps. :)

But at least you mail them, right?! :)

Medusa
06-14-2010, 12:39 PM
But at least you mail them, right?! :)

Oh yezzzz, and sometimes I included extra special gifties for people I lurve!

(recipes for Possum Pie go a LONG way for making new friends!)

SassyLeo
06-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Okay okay, I'll play. Jeez twist my arm!

:sunglass:

And yeah, I have all The Smiths and Tori Amos CD's I need

tonaderspeisung
06-14-2010, 05:54 PM
if there are any slots left
i'd like to play

is it mixer's choice
a theme mix
or the mixtape game

i'm game to ship international too
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/maranflas/3491c7jn.jpg

Canela
06-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Count me in! International is good with me, too!

Canela
06-14-2010, 06:00 PM

Just one question--do we pick the music or do they?

UofMfan
06-14-2010, 06:01 PM
All those willing to ship international, please follow Medusa's lead and send something extra :)

I have no shame when it comes to asking for cookies! :)

Spirit Dancer
06-14-2010, 06:04 PM
All those willing to ship international, please follow Medusa's lead and send something extra :)

I have no shame when it comes to asking for cookies! :)

What kind do you want?:tea:

UofMfan
06-14-2010, 06:05 PM
What kind do you want?:tea:

The kind that lasts the longer in the mail, lol

SassyLeo
06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
The kind that lasts the longer in the mail, lol

Ok, where exactly are you? You have mentioned your -extreme location- many at least 1000 times .... :|

UofMfan
06-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Ok, where exactly are you? You have mentioned your -extreme location- many at least 1000 times .... :|

Hahaha! That information is top secret, only to be given to those willing to ship a CD internationally, lol

And I must apologize to Medusa, I don't want to turn this into the "send cookies to U" thread.

SassyLeo
06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Hahaha! That information is top secret, only to be given to those willing to ship a CD internationally, lol

And I must apologize to Medusa, I don't want to turn this into the "send cookies to U" thread.

Why is it top secret? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm seriously curious...

UofMfan
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Why is it top secret? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm seriously curious...

It is a joke.

Apocalipstic
06-15-2010, 10:17 AM
If I happen to miss the new thread, I really want to be included :)

Seriously, I think we will have to send cookie recipees. I think pretty much else will get stuck at customs.

dixie
06-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Count me in for the exchange... :)

suebee
06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't want to be all anal and stuff - at least not unless that's what's called for in the thread - but are there going to be problems at customs if we send - uh - copyrighted recordings by the mail? :readfineprint:

Awww hell! I've done worse. Count me in for international exchange. :sunglass:

Waldo
06-15-2010, 08:40 PM

Aww. You're so cute.

I can't commit to LR and you think you can get me to be responsible for wrangling this? mwahahahaha!

Funny thing is I was just thinking about this the other day.

Hope you get lots of folks involved. Let me know if you have any questions.

Medusa
06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Anyone else interested?!

Gemme
06-23-2010, 02:32 PM

Smuggling is illegal, dude. :blink:

Besides, then they'll smell like coffee grounds. :eyebrow:

I love the concept of this. I won't be able to participate (archaic computer and equipment) but I reserve the right to randomly pm people and ask "What'd you get?" :|

Canela
06-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Besides, then they'll smell like coffee grounds. :eyebrow:

Gemme,

I quite busted out laughing with this...oh...I mean, I have no idea what that means...er...somebody mentioned cookies?

Scorp
06-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Count me in. Music is my hobby. I have a huge collection and variety of music. I make cds all the time.

I especially love to blare my homemade stuff in my car on my long commute to work or one of my out and about journeys.

What is the limit for the number of people in a group? I would suggest 4 or 5 the most depending on how many participate in this.

My only reservation is exchanging addresses with folks I don't know. Not too sure if I like that idea. And no, I don't have a PO Box. However, if I know you from this website or another website, then that's cool, if not, that can be somewhat of a problem for me.

It may also cause a problem with folks who have had stalkers in the past and may go by different screen names, who may want to consider this cd exchange program. Not to sound paranoid, but I'm covering all ground and want to be sure there are no repercussions for anyone who may have experienced shit like this now, prior or possible future encounters.

Any suggestions Dusa?

Gemme
06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Count me in. Music is my hobby. I have a huge collection and variety of music. I make cds all the time.

I especially love to blare my homemade stuff in my car on my long commute to work or one of my out and about journeys.

What is the limit for the number of people in a group? I would suggest 4 or 5 the most depending on how many participate in this.

My only reservation is exchanging addresses with folks I don't know. Not too sure if I like that idea. And no, I don't have a PO Box. However, if I know you from this website or another website, then that's cool, if not, that can be somewhat of a problem for me.

It may also cause a problem with folks who have had stalkers in the past and may go by different screen names, who may want to consider this cd exchange program. Not to sound paranoid, but I'm covering all ground and want to be sure there are no repercussions for anyone who may have experienced shit like this now, prior or possible future encounters.

Any suggestions Dusa?

You could use this like we do in the craft thread. One person has the addies and the individuals send their cds to the hub, with a few bucks for shipping, and then the one person has the addies and sends the cds to their proper homes. It would make more work for the one person, but it does cut down on who has your home info.

Canela
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
You could use this like we do in the craft thread. One person has the addies and the individuals send their cds to the hub, with a few bucks for shipping, and then the one person has the addies and sends the cds to their proper homes. It would make more work for the one person, but it does cut down on who has your home info.

Sort of like a "designated mailer"...hmmm....:glasses:

suebee
06-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm still interested, though I see there hasn't been much going on on the thread lately. I'm not on the site every day, but don't want to miss out! I'll subscribe and check back.

Medusa
07-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey Scorp,

I get your concern :)
Ive been in 3 other swaps and have never had any issues. I did sit one swap out because there was one person participating who I did not want to have any of my info and rather than ask to be in a different swap, I just sat it out.

Id be glad to receive CDs on your behalf and send them out to you if that would make you feel more comfortble :) Besides, if I put you in the same swapgroup as myself, the people making CDs can save on the cost of shipping by sending 2 CDs to the same address versus a separate shipping charge.

Lemme know!

I'l start compiling the list of folks and post back in a bit!

Scorp
07-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Heya Dusa,

Sounds good. Go ahead and count me...

Just trying to be proactive and make sure not only for me, but for anyone else who may have had concerns.

Rubbing hands together...I have some cool stuff I can compile... ;) :cheesy:

Hey Scorp,

I get your concern :)
Ive been in 3 other swaps and have never had any issues. I did sit one swap out because there was one person participating who I did not want to have any of my info and rather than ask to be in a different swap, I just sat it out.

Id be glad to receive CDs on your behalf and send them out to you if that would make you feel more comfortble :) Besides, if I put you in the same swapgroup as myself, the people making CDs can save on the cost of shipping by sending 2 CDs to the same address versus a separate shipping charge.

Lemme know!

I'l start compiling the list of folks and post back in a bit!

Medusa
07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Ok, here is the list of folks that I have gleaned from this thread who said they wanted to participate:

Pinkielee
EzeeTiger
Scorp
UofMFan
MEEEEEdusa
Mitmo01
CyberSuebee
Leatherfaery
WaxnRope
Diva
Daywalker
The_Lady_Snow
Lillie
Freckle_K
Apocalipstic
SpiritDancer
Enchantress
Sassyleo
tonaderspeisung
LittleShug
Dixielady

Did I miss anyone?!

WolfyOne
07-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Reading Scorp's concerns made me think about a book swap I was part of on bee eff. Anyhow, when we exchanged books, we had names and address, but had no idea who they were unless we knew their screen names from being personal friends. The person in charge got our book lists and distributed names, addresses and what book(s) to ship that person. No one ever complained about privacy doing it that way. Perhaps the CDX could work the same way..........Wolfy who is not going to be part of it because I'm a computer idiot when it comes to stuff like making CD's I have to mix.

Waldo
07-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Reading Scorp's concerns made me think about a book swap I was part of on bee eff. Anyhow, when we exchanged books, we had names and address, but had no idea who they were unless we knew their screen names from being personal friends. The person in charge got our book lists and distributed names, addresses and what book(s) to ship that person. No one ever complained about privacy doing it that way. Perhaps the CDX could work the same way..........Wolfy who is not going to be part of it because I'm a computer idiot when it comes to stuff like making CD's I have to mix.

Just FYI - I can't recall how many of these I did over yonder but there was only one instance when someone contacted me and asked not to be in a particular person's swap set.

And in all of the other venues I've been involved in this it's never been an issue.

Hope that helps.

suebee
07-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Really looking forward to this! I've got a U.S. post office box, so there won't be any extra charge to send to me. I think most everyone is in the States. No?

I'm wondering how to choose the music to send. I have a real mix in my collection, but if anybody absolutely hates classical, or C&W..... Or does that just make it too complicated?

Awaiting further instructions! :floatbee:

tonaderspeisung
07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Really looking forward to this! I've got a U.S. post office box, so there won't be any extra charge to send to me. I think most everyone is in the States. No?

I'm wondering how to choose the music to send. I have a real mix in my collection, but if anybody absolutely hates classical, or C&W..... Or does that just make it too complicated?

Awaiting further instructions! :floatbee:

i've traded mixtapes/cd's for many years and there are a lot of ways to go about the mix

sometimes the group makes a list of criteria for each song like
1 - a song about sadness
2 - a band with at least 4 words in their name
ect

lots of people will make a general theme mix like
road trip 1997
songs of a broken heart
ect

i've been sent homemade demo tapes from garage bands

and there is also the snapshot of your music collection mix
that's just whatever songs you think everyone should hear
if that's classical and c/w then that's what it should be

to me the whole idea is you don't know what you will get
that's what makes it fun

Selenay
07-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I may be interested in becoming involved.

Medusa
07-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I may be interested in becoming involved.

This makes me happy. I've wanted to be involved with you for years. :)

Selenay
07-01-2010, 08:01 PM
This makes me happy. I've wanted to be involved with you for years. :)

I never knew! If only I'd known, I would have invited you into my secret lair to make mad passionate love while playing joni mitchell music.

Scorp
07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
So what's the scoop with this? Are we going to move forward and start doing the exchanges? If so, who determines the first type of music we are going to exchange?

Medusa
07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok - Nows the time!!!

If you want in the swap, speak now or forever hold your peace! If you want out of the swap, speak now or you will be expected to actually DO the swap!

We will exchange 1 mix CD of any genre or mix of music that you prefer. In the past, people have made their own cover art, made more than one CD, or sent tiny little gifts with their CD - All of that is completely up to you, the only requirement is that you send 1 CD to each person in your swap.

I'll go ahead and get people into swap groups. I have these people. Again, if you want in or out, speak now!

Pinkielee
EzeeTiger
Scorp
UofMFan
MEEEEEdusa
Mitmo01
CyberSuebee
Leatherfaery
WaxnRope
Diva
Daywalker
The_Lady_Snow
Lillie
Freckle_K
Apocalipstic
SpiritDancer
Enchantress
Sassyleo
tonaderspeisung
LittleShug
Dixielady
Selenay (possibly - so verify girlie!)

We have 22 people. We can do 3 groups with 4 people in each group and 2 groups with 5 people in each.
:)

Selenay
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
omg fine I'm making a commitment here.

Scorp
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Cool...Let the swapping begin!

Ok - Nows the time!!!

If you want in the swap, speak now or forever hold your peace! If you want out of the swap, speak now or you will be expected to actually DO the swap!

We will exchange 1 mix CD of any genre or mix of music that you prefer. In the past, people have made their own cover art, made more than one CD, or sent tiny little gifts with their CD - All of that is completely up to you, the only requirement is that you send 1 CD.

I'll go ahead and get people into swap groups. I have these people. Again, if you want in or out, speak now!

Pinkielee
EzeeTiger
Scorp
UofMFan
MEEEEEdusa
Mitmo01
CyberSuebee
Leatherfaery
WaxnRope
Diva
Daywalker
The_Lady_Snow
Lillie
Freckle_K
Apocalipstic
SpiritDancer
Enchantress
Sassyleo
tonaderspeisung
LittleShug
Dixielady
Selenay (possibly - so verify girlie!)

We have 22 people. We can do 3 groups with 4 people in each group and 2 groups with 5 people in each.

Medusa
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
omg fine I'm making a commitment here.

I'll still respect you in the morning. :cherry:

Selenay
07-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Are we going to all swap our addresses?

Are we all going to send our addresses to a central person?

Are we going to have one central person per group to be the address-holder?

Are we going to have a theme (Love songs, hate songs, songs that make you happy, songs that make you wanna dance, road trip songs?), or is it mix-tape style?

Are we going to have a set genre of music?

Medusa
07-08-2010, 08:35 PM
We can do a couple of things with addresses:

In the last swap that Waldo did, Waldo had everyone send the address to her and then she sent out the swap groups and addresses. We can remove the screen names if people want and just use initials on the packages if people want but there will be times that people like me who live in Arkansas will still be easily identified.

Now, the other option is that ALL of you can mail your CDs to the PO Box for ButchFemmePlanet and *I* will repackage all of the CDs and mail them all back out to each of you. That would mean that nobody would have anyone's address. It would be cheaper for everyone because all of you would only have to mail one set of CDs instead of 3 or 4 different mailings.

Im totally willing to do that if folks would feel more comfortable.

I think that for this swap, we wont require a theme but I always like to do one myself and if folks want to do that, they are certainly welcome. :)

suebee
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Medusa, if you don't mind doing the work, sending them all to one address seems like the simplest idea. But I'll go along with whatever everyone decides.

Looking forward to the exchange. I'll be on vacation next week, but will most certainly get right to the task of compiling a play list when I get back.

Sue :floatbee:

Spirit Dancer
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Medusa
I'm all for sending them to you :)

Canela
07-08-2010, 09:56 PM
This is going to be fun! I can't wait! Hurry!

Selenay
07-08-2010, 10:06 PM
One more question...

Do people who flake out and don't send CDs but get them from everyone else without an explanation get publicly moderated and/or spanked?

Just kidding.

Not really.

Medusa
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM
One more question...

Do people who flake out and don't send CDs but get them from everyone else without an explanation get publicly moderated and/or spanked?

Just kidding.

Not really.

If you'd like we can send some hungry dogs to chew their toes off one by one :D

Selenay
07-08-2010, 10:24 PM
If you'd like we can send some hungry dogs to chew their toes off one by one :D

*clicks the "thanks" button*

Diva
07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
We can do a couple of things with addresses:

In the last swap that Waldo did, Waldo had everyone send the address to her and then she sent out the swap groups and addresses. We can remove the screen names if people want and just use initials on the packages if people want but there will be times that people like me who live in Arkansas will still be easily identified.

Now, the other option is that ALL of you can mail your CDs to the PO Box for ButchFemmePlanet and *I* will repackage all of the CDs and mail them all back out to each of you. That would mean that nobody would have anyone's address. It would be cheaper for everyone because all of you would only have to mail one set of CDs instead of 3 or 4 different mailings.

Im totally willing to do that if folks would feel more comfortable.

I think that for this swap, we wont require a theme but I always like to do one myself and if folks want to do that, they are certainly welcome. :)

What? You're gonna do this in Your spare time?

And nothing was said about sending money to whoever is gonna wrangle this thing. My suggestion ~ to keep costs down ~ would be to send the CD in a cardboard or lightweight plastic sleeve to make the package lighter in weight. And my other suggestion, since there are so many of us would be to send $8 each to help with postage....and if You can swing $10, even better.

So....now my questions are:

1. Medusa, are You sure You wanna do this?
2. When's the deadline?

I can't wait!

Selenay
07-10-2010, 06:01 PM
What? You're gonna do this in Your spare time?

And nothing was said about sending money to whoever is gonna wrangle this thing. My suggestion ~ to keep costs down ~ would be to send the CD in a cardboard or lightweight plastic sleeve to make the package lighter in weight. And my other suggestion, since there are so many of us would be to send $8 each to help with postage....and if You can swing $10, even better.

So....now my questions are:

1. Medusa, are You sure You wanna do this?
2. When's the deadline?

I can't wait!

Orrrrrrr another option for what can be done is that each CD is put in a pre-stamped/paid for envelope that is ready to go and sealed, before it's put in the box sent to Medusa?

And, that way people who like to add in extras (I was thinking specifically glitter or whatever) with their music don't have to worry about it falling out during repackaging? And then all Medusa would then have to do is stick an address on it.

They also have paper sleeves! They're recyclable, y'all!

Diva
07-10-2010, 06:29 PM
That's a great idea, Seley! I didn't know there were paper sleeves! Even better!

Selenay
07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
That's a great idea, Seley! I didn't know there were paper sleeves! Even better!

There ARE!

And they're super cheap.

Diva
07-10-2010, 07:04 PM
There ARE!

And they're super cheap (http://www.amazon.com/100-Paper-Sleeves-Window-Flap/dp/B0019X20R8).

Thanks!
Ordered!

Medusa
07-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Ok Folks - Swap Groups are done! All of the groups have 5 members, except for Groups 1 and 4. This means everyone will need to make 4 CDs to be mailed out to group members. If you are in Group 1 or 4, please make 5 CDs to mail out to members.

Swap groups are as follows:

Group 1:
Pinkielee
SpiritDancer
WaxnRope
CyberSuebee
Selenay
apretty

Group 2:
Leatherfaery
Daywalker
Diva
Dixielady
LittleShug

Group 3:
Apocalipstic
UofMFan
Lillie
The_Lady_Snow
Mitmo01

Group 4:
Sassyleo
EzeeTiger
Freckle_K
Medusa
Scorp
tonaderspeisung

Please let me know if there are any questions. All CDs can be mailed to the address for the site which can be found in my profile under "About Me"
( I put it there to avoid millions of PMs and also the bots can't search my profile)

Make your CDs fun! Remember you do not have to do a fancy cover but people very much appreciate a song list, not just a blank CD with no explanation.

Please have your CDs (enough for everyone in your group) mailed to me no later than August 2. That gives us about 3 weeks to get our mixes made and mailed out! If for some reason you cannot complete this challenge, please let us know. There is nothing worse than waiting for a CD that never comes!

Diva
07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks, 'Dusa!!! OMG! I was beginning to get overwhelmed, thinkin' I had to made a CD for everyone! Yea! This is so do~able!

Medusa
07-10-2010, 08:06 PM
NP, Diva!! Im so totally make some extras so I can bombard Selly and you and a few others with my weirdness :)

Selenay
07-10-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm gonna do a few others in case someone flakes out and doesn't make a CD so everyone gets what they're supposed to... And if everyone gets the right number, Medusa can pick a random name out of a hat or something and send it to the "lucky" winner :)

Diva
07-10-2010, 08:11 PM
NP, Diva!! Im so totally make some extras so I can bombard Selly and you and a few others with my weirdness :)

Yea, ME! I have extras, too!

Queerasfck
07-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Ok Folks - Swap Groups are done! All of the groups have 5 members, except for Group 4. This means everyone will need to make 4 CDs to be mailed out to group members. If you are in Group 4, please make 5 CDs to mail out to members.

Group 1:
Pinkielee
SpiritDancer
WaxnRope
CyberSuebee
Selenay

Group 2:
Leatherfaery
Daywalker
Diva
Dixielady
LittleShug

Group 3:
Apocalipstic
UofMFan
Lillie
The_Lady_Snow
Mitmo01

Group 4:
Sassyleo
EzeeTiger
Freckle_K
Medusa
Scorp
tonaderspeisung

Please let me know if there are any questions. All CDs can be mailed to the address for the site which can be found in my profile under "About Me"
( I put it there to avoid millions of PMs and also the bots can't search my profile)

Make your CDs fun! Remember you do not have to do a fancy cover but people very much appreciate a song list, not just a blank CD with no explanation.

Please have your CDs (enough for everyone in your group) mailed to me no later than August 2. That gives us about 3 weeks to get our mixes made and mailed out! If for some reason you cannot complete this challenge, please let us know. There is nothing worse than waiting for a CD that never comes!

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, what kind of music am I supposed to give these peeps?! I thought we would have some kinda guideline about what they want or like. I like all sorts of weird stuff. What if they hate my cd?

Panicking.

Medusa
07-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, what kind of music am I supposed to give these peeps?! I thought we would have some kinda guideline about what they want or like. I like all sorts of weird stuff. What if they hate my cd?

Panicking.

Silly!! This is a way to introduce each other to songs or artists that we think are cool! So pick some shit you like and make a mix!

I always have that panicky feeling too when I send out my music, like "what if they think Im a big giant dweeb for liking Tokyo Hotel?!!!!"

Diva
07-10-2010, 08:19 PM

Panicking.

I think You ought not to worry.....the way I look at it, this is a great way to expose Your group to something they may never have heard before! A <gasp> learning experience, if You will...... (Spoken like a true public school music educator!)

And I'm sure we're all open~minded enough to accept Your contribution and value it!

And there You have it! :D

suebee
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Suddenly I feel panicked! :eek: I won't be able to start for a week, but I'll try my best to respect the deadline.

Mitmo01
07-10-2010, 09:44 PM
This is gonna be very interesting....I have wide open musical tastes so i cant wait to hear what im gonna get...

Waldo
07-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Thought I'd share with you some additional background on the CDX.

I don't know where the Swap or CD Exchange actually began but I started participating in one around 2001 or so. It was awesome to come home from a long day of work and pop in a CD from a total stranger and find something new and interesting. I still have one of those original discs somewhere. More importantly, I still listen to a lot of that music today. Here are a few of the FAQs and Guidelines I'd put together previously. Hope they help answer some of your questions and alleviate some of your fears.

FAQs/Guidelines:

Is this legal?
This is in no way intended to run afoul of the RIAA. We are not file sharing or anything of the sort. Think of this as a modern day "Mix Tape" for friends. and arguably falls under fair use provisions.

What if I hate the mix somebody made?
Turn it off. Seriously. Not everyone has the same tastes in music and what sounds great to you may sound like racoons mating to someone else. There is really no reason to mock somebody because you disagree with their musical sensibilities. Be respectful, play nice and don’t poke out any eyes.

How should I send my mixes?
Within the US, Media Mail is probably your best, cheapest option. Internationally, you should speak to your local post office to get an idea on the best solution.

How should I package my mixes for post?
Please pack them carefully. Few things are more disappointing than receiving a broken gift. A bubble envelope is ideal. Most parcel or drug stores will offer envelopes specifically designed for CDs.

I’ve never made a mix before. What do I do?
There are no real rules to making mixes, but if you feel the need for guidelines, you might try reading some postings at a site like Art of the Mix (http://www.artofthemix.org/index.aspx). I recommend reading their suggestions and then flushing them from your brain. Just make something you would want to listen to.

Okay, but how do I actually make the CD?
As far as technical requirements, you will need a computer with a CD Burner and burning software such as Toast, iTunes or Easy CD Creator. This isn't really the space for learning how to burn CDs so if you need help, Google is your friend.

What kind of music should I use?
The goal of this project is for you to share interesting music with random people. Ideally you should veer away from music so popular that it is likely to be familiar to most people. But again, these are not rules, they are guidelines, so nobody will stop you for sending out the usual suspects (McLachlan, Amos, Indigo Girls, etc.) should you so desire. And even if your tastes are quite mainstream you can still surprise people with obscure tracks from popular artists.

Some of the most successful mixes have a theme, be it stylistic, topical or esoteric. It is a useful crutch upon which to lay the foundation of a successful project. It should probably not be too specific though so you don't get locked into a theme where there are too few songs to choose from.

It's also helpful to include a track list with artist information. If you're feeling creative you can go all out and create cover too. Be as expressive as you'd like.

What format should the CD be?
Your mix should be a normal CD, playable in any CD player.

tonaderspeisung
07-10-2010, 11:38 PM
my first trade was way back - 1989
one person actually sent my mixtape back with a 3 page letter
front, back, college ruled and in blue and black ink
all about their hatred of a bullet lavolta song i included in the mix

to tell the truth - that made my last 2 decades
but i'm weird like that

that trade also landed me what would become one of my all time favorite albums

so like the cheerleaders say - bring it

thanks for organizing this swap Medusa

Medusa
07-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Attention Group 1: I added another person to your group! This means you get an extra CD and now need to make 5 instead of 4!

Thanks!

Selenay
07-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Attention Group 1: I added another person to your group! This means you get an extra CD and now need to make 5 instead of 4!

Thanks!

Will our mystery guest please sign in?

I wanna know who you are! :poc-biggrin: :cheer:

dixie
07-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Yay I'm so excited! I'm gonna get started right away....

My laptop has a special "label burner" built in...but for the life of me I can NOT figure out how to work it! LOL I guess I'll dig the old CD labeler outta the drawer and make my own design. Yay!

Oh my...now I'm nervous too that folks won't like the kinda music I listen to! Oh well...I guess we'll see! I'm also glad to see that Day is in my group, because a lot of my music is mashup versions of different bands/songs...LOL

Apocalipstic
07-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh No, I have totally missed out. Is there a way I can still be included. Life got in the way and I have not see this thread for a while.

Daywalker
07-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok Folks - Swap Groups are done! All of the groups have 5 members, except for Groups 1 and 4. This means everyone will need to make 4 CDs to be mailed out to group members. If you are in Group 1 or 4, please make 5 CDs to mail out to members.

Group 1:
Pinkielee
SpiritDancer
WaxnRope
CyberSuebee
Selenay
apretty

Group 2:
Leatherfaery
Daywalker
Diva
Dixielady
LittleShug

Group 3:
Apocalipstic
UofMFan
Lillie
The_Lady_Snow
Mitmo01

Group 4:
Sassyleo
EzeeTiger
Freckle_K
Medusa
Scorp
tonaderspeisung

Shit, good thing someone hit my Facebook page about this.
:seconddoh:

So I'm sending them all to the site address...yes?

:weedsmoke:

Diva
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I have a happy hint (#27) for those of You who are worried about folx not likin' Your tunes......here's what I'm gonna do.....

If You don't like my music, I will kill You.

See how easy that is? :D

Apocalipstic
07-11-2010, 02:05 PM
relieffffffffffffffffff

thank you for letting me know I am IN!!!!

UofMfan
07-12-2010, 08:59 AM
OK so now I am panicking since my postal service sucks!

Time to start the CD :)

Medusa
07-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Crap - I might have to send 2 CDs!!! I made a playlist on iTunes and have been dumping stuff into it that I thought might be fun but Im noticing a 2 distinct themes that don't really go together.
I could always make a 2-disk compilation called "Brooders and Mooders" :|

Scorp
07-12-2010, 09:19 AM
So just to confirm...The type(s) of music we can make/send to our team are anything goes correct?

I have tons of stuff and am already contemplating a "theme"....

Also, can we send to other players on another team?

Lastly, do the teams rotate? If so, how often...

I know, I know, so many questions, but I'm particular and want to have all my :duck: in a row....

PinkieLee
07-12-2010, 09:21 AM
AWESOME! I will start working on my playlist this weekend!

So Medusa, we just need to pm you our address, right?!

Medusa
07-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Scorp, you slay me!!

* You can totally send CDs to members of other teams in addition to the CDs for members of your own team. It's up to you :)

* Your team will change every time we do a swap. The next swap will probably be after the Reunion. At that point, I'll post a thread for the CDX-2 and start asking people for participation. We'll then do what we did this time and assign teams and put in a deadline :)

* Pinkie- you can either PM your address to me or just put a little note in the box when you mail your CDs to me. :)

Scorp
07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
:darthsmiley:I'm slayin' you Dusa! Look out!

Scorp, you slay me!!

* :)

UofMfan
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Medusa,

My mom will be visiting in mid August, so I will just send you her address that way she can bring me my CDs and for you it will be a local (US) delivery.

Medusa
07-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Medusa,

My mom will be visiting in mid August, so I will just send you her address that way she can bring me my CDs and for you it will be a local (US) delivery.

SWEET! Now I'll have to make a note to myself not to include any dirty words or pictures on the outside of the box :P

Queerasfck
07-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Crap - I might have to send 2 CDs!!! I made a playlist on iTunes and have been dumping stuff into it that I thought might be fun but Im noticing a 2 distinct themes that don't really go together.

The same thing is happening to me!!!! Might have to go with two discs.

UofMfan
07-12-2010, 09:44 AM
SWEET! Now I'll have to make a note to myself not to include any dirty words or pictures on the outside of the box :P

Why disappoint her? She knows the crowd I hang out with! kidding

Selenay
07-12-2010, 01:16 PM

I'm having the same issue :|

Where are my pinking shears? :|

Apocalipstic
07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
One more question...

Just kidding.

Not really.

I hate it when people come on time after time whining that they have received nothing and casting aspersions...yes, my CD's have been on time in the past, but life happens and I would love to see people being happy with the giving, rather than renting about a CD being late! :)

Choosing the songs, meeting new friends...that kind of thing. I always feel more connected to the people I do get CD's from :)

Make the joy about the giving, not the receiving. :) :) :)

S, I am merely using your post as a jumping off point, I know you were just playing! Grin!

Apocalipstic
07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Oh and what is the due date? I am a deadline type person. :bunchflowers:

Medusa
07-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Oh and what is the due date? I am a deadline type person. :bunchflowers:

Try to have them to me by August 2. That's about 3 weeks (and me leaving extra time for people to run late ;) )

Selenay
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I hate it when people come on time after time whining that they have received nothing and casting aspersions...yes, my CD's have been on time in the past, but life happens and I would love to see people being happy with the giving, rather than renting about a CD being late! :)

Choosing the songs, meeting new friends...that kind of thing. I always feel more connected to the people I do get CD's from :)

Make the joy about the giving, not the receiving. :) :) :)

S, I am merely using your post as a jumping off point, I know you were just playing! Grin!

Yes, but it's also unfair to the participants who put their own lives on hold to do this really beautiful thing for others when people flake out and are lame about it.

If you just bail without offering any kind of explanation (sorry guys, I'm going to be late, my pet/child/partner/parent got sick/moved/ate my homework) then I think it's completely appropriate to call them out. It's one thing if life gets in the way--we allll have that happen, but to let it get in the way without any kind of "I'm still here, I'm still invested" is not okay with me.

Selfishness is one of my hot button things, though, and I fully expect that everyone will make and send beautiful mixes of bitchin music http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:C9UAwIs6Mt2z8M:http://repairstemcell.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/heart2.jpg

Spirit Dancer
07-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Medusa
Are we sending you 10.00 to cover the shipping
and are we packaging them, and you'll label them
to be sent off. Just curious:)

Diva
07-12-2010, 01:37 PM
If I know for certain that Medusa would spank me publicly, I would be late on purpose.

I mean.....

suebee
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Yes, but it's also unfair to the participants who put their own lives on hold to do this really beautiful thing for others when people flake out and are lame about it.

If you just bail without offering any kind of explanation (sorry guys, I'm going to be late, my pet/child/partner/parent got sick/moved/ate my homework) then I think it's completely appropriate to call them out. It's one thing if life gets in the way--we allll have that happen, but to let it get in the way without any kind of "I'm still here, I'm still invested" is not okay with me.

Selfishness is one of my hot button things, though, and I fully expect that everyone will make and send beautiful mixes of bitchin music http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:C9UAwIs6Mt2z8M:http://repairstemcell.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/heart2.jpg

*sigh* Let's just give everyone the benefit of the doubt, shall we? Do you have any suggestions other than calling people out?

Medusa
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Medusa
Are we sending you 10.00 to cover the shipping
and are we packaging them, and you'll label them
to be sent off. Just curious:)

Hey SD! It would be ideal to me if people have their CDs unpackaged so that I can combine all of the CDs into one envelope for each person. If you want to send some $ to cover shipping, I will gladly accept whatever you think will cover the costs.

OR

If you prefer, you can pre-stamp your envelope. The only thing is to remember that different zip codes cost different amounts so adding a little extra to cover wherever it goes might be good since people dont know where their CDs are going

Selenay
07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
*sigh* Let's just give everyone the benefit of the doubt, shall we? Do you have any suggestions other than calling people out?

I am giving people the benefit of the doubt; that's why I said that I fully expected everyone to send awesome music.

Cuz I know that people who love music love people who love music.

Other suggestions would be...

Well.

For everyone to include their address with the music they send to Medusa, that way they can't receive music until they've sent their own.

That's one way. :)

ETA: PS I'm not interested in fussin' about this, or about making it into a big thing, I just want it to work for everyone without anyone getting left out.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_37c44FLn088mM:http://rlv.zcache.com/peace_love_music_mousepad-p144391360848167638trak_400.jpg

Apocalipstic
07-12-2010, 01:57 PM

I am giving people the benefit of the doubt; that's why I said that I fully expected everyone to send awesome music.

Cuz I know that people who love music love people who love music.

Other suggestions would be...

Well.

For everyone to include their address with the music they send to Medusa, that way they can't receive music until they've sent their own.

That's one way. :)

ETA: PS I'm not interested in fussin' about this, or about making it into a big thing, I just want it to work for everyone without anyone getting left out.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_37c44FLn088mM:http://rlv.zcache.com/peace_love_music_mousepad-p144391360848167638trak_400.jpg

I am going to preface this with saying again that my CD's on other websites have always been on time and will be this time, however, my ONLY reservation in participating is the whining and bitching from some people who don't receive their CD's and the public calling out. I HATE it.

Some people are shy, proud, or have issues they don't want to discuss with us and it upsets me personally deeply when we focus on what we can receive rather than what we can give with love, expecting nothing in return.

It makes it ugly for me and I suspect several others of us idealists. :)

I would like to see us all be thankful for what we get and leave it at that.

If you don't receive a CD from your group members maybe drop a PM to me or to someone who has asked if they can send to everyone and give them your address. :) That way you get CDs and no one is embarrassed or feels stress or pressure.

I would be happy to send all the CD's you want in whatever style you want. :) But please, let's not call anyone out.

Please.

apretty
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
public calling me out:

guess what! i can't play--i didn't realize that i was on the list until i just saw it now, which isn't really an excuse, i have mad mixed tape skillz and i did *want* to participate but this move-thing is kicking my butt.

instead, i could send each member in my group their very own dog?

or a fantastic used book?
art supplies, barely used or new?
hair clips, ties, bands, scarves?
sets of of tupperware?
post-its?
condoms (latex free!)?
fabrics?
usb cables that could wrap around the entire earth twice?

do let me know!!

Daywalker
07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
public calling me out:

guess what! i can't play--i didn't realize that i was on the list until i just saw it now, which isn't really an excuse, i have mad mixed tape skillz and i did *want* to participate but this move-thing is kicking my butt.

instead, i could send each member in my group their very own dog?

or a fantastic used book?
art supplies, barely used or new?
hair clips, ties, bands, scarves?
sets of of tupperware?
post-its?
condoms (latex free!)?
fabrics?
usb cables that could wrap around the entire earth twice?

do let me know!!

How about all those Ezee's spices you mentioned a few weeks ago?

Or you could just send Ezee to mow mah lawns.
:lawnmower:

Oh, wait...were U in mah group?

Selenay
07-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I am going to preface this with saying again that my CD's on other websites have always been on time and will be this time, however, my ONLY reservation in participating is the whining and bitching from some people who don't receive their CD's and the public calling out. I HATE it.

Some people are shy, proud, or have issues they don't want to discuss with us and it upsets me personally deeply when we focus on what we can receive rather than what we can give with love, expecting nothing in return.

It makes it ugly for me and I suspect several others of us idealists. :)

I would like to see us all be thankful for what we get and leave it at that.

If you don't receive a CD from your group members maybe drop a PM to me or to someone who has asked if they can send to everyone and give them your address. :) That way you get CDs and no one is embarrassed or feels stress or pressure.

I would be happy to send all the CD's you want in whatever style you want. :) But please, let's not call anyone out.

Please.

Here's the thing that's bothering ME now.

My post--made completely in jest--is being made into an accusation that I'm going to call people out and be really ugly if ~*I don't get what I want*~

It's not about that.

I don't care who sends what out, or who doesn't.

It's not about that, for me. It's all about the music. I share music because I love music, not because I want to cause division.

It feels like I'm getting called out for being pre-emptively mean, and I don't want that to taint the spirit in which this swap was designed. So, on that note, I am politely and respectfully withdrawing from the swap now with no ill feelings towards any of the participants.

Apocalipstic
07-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Here's the thing that's bothering ME now.

My post--made completely in jest--is being made into an accusation that I'm going to call people out and be really ugly if ~*I don't get what I want*~

It's not about that.

I don't care who sends what out, or who doesn't.

It's not about that, for me. It's all about the music. I share music because I love music, not because I want to cause division.

It feels like I'm getting called out for being pre-emptively mean, and I don't want that to taint the spirit in which this swap was designed. So, on that note, I am politely and respectfully withdrawing from the swap now with no ill feelings toward any of the participants.

That was not my intention at all, in fact in my first post I said I know you are playing here, so that people would think about what I said and that I was just using your post as a jumping off point since you mentioned it ....playing.

It just always happens and it is my least favorite part.

"S, I am merely using your post as a jumping off point, I know you were just playing! Grin!" is what was in my first post.

I am so sorry that you feel attacked, that was not my intention at all. I don't think the people who come in fussing about their CD's not arriving are mean, just maybe they have not thought through all the ramifications of calling people out about it.

Again, I tried to make clear I was not slamming you or saying you are mean, sorry my little note at the end was not clear enough.

I completely agree that it is all about the music and was trying to say that, but appear to have not done a good job of that.

Diva
07-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................

I'm VERY excited about getting my CD's!!! This is a great idea, Medusa, and I thank You for putting it out there!

There is nothing like MUSIC to make one's life a bit lighter....bring happiness.....help one forget their troubles....and tap one's toes!

Can't wait!

Apocalipstic
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................

I'm VERY excited about getting my CD's!!! This is a great idea, Medusa, and I thank You for putting it out there!

There is nothing like MUSIC to make one's life a bit lighter....bring happiness.....help one forget their troubles....and tap one's toes!

Can't wait!

Meee too, I have no idea what direction to even go....Ohhhhh the possibilities! :)

apretty
07-12-2010, 07:22 PM
How about all those Ezee's spices you mentioned a few weeks ago?

Or you could just send Ezee to mow mah lawns.
:lawnmower:

Oh, wait...were U in mah group?

more than happy to send spices --if E will part with them!!!!!

Scorp
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I will be sending everyone my team my music choices from my very own multi collection everything from Rock, R&B, Disco, Soft Pop, Classical, One hit wonders, 90's 80's, 70's..etc. etc.

You can get your groove on, rock out, chill out, whateva...

If you like what I send you cool...If you don't, oh well.

If you enjoy my selections, let me know and I will personally make you more cd's even when the teams rotate.

I'm looking forward to this because making music cd's is a major hobby of mine.

Now let's all have some fun and fuckin' exchange some tunes dammit!

:musicnote::musicnote::musicnote:

Said with love,

-Scorp-

Daywalker
07-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Can I use DVR's instead of CD discs in order to get the
maximum amount of tunes distributed?
:guitar:

I can make 2 or 3 'files' separating genres n stuff.

:fan:

Medusa
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Can I use DVR's instead of CD discs in order to get the
maximum amount of tunes distributed?
:guitar:

I can make 2 or 3 'files' separating genres n stuff.

:fan:

I dont see why not? Do DVRs play in all CD players?

Spirit Dancer
07-12-2010, 08:40 PM

We've used them at home and they only
play on the computer, but then maybe
we're doing something wrong.:glasses:

Daywalker
07-12-2010, 08:47 PM

Well, not all players...but what I have done in the past is rip
them to mah puter then onto CD from there.
:drummer:

They do play in all the computer systems I've used thus far.

Canela
07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Wow, this is going to be great!

I've never done this before so I am looking forward to getting some really funky tunes! lol...or not...whatever y'all decide is much appreciated...

Selly, don't go! (insert whine and stamp of foot here) I was hoping I'd get one of yours (this time or next)!

HUGS to you!

Waldo
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, not all players...but what I have done in the past is rip
them to mah puter then onto CD from there.
:drummer:

They do play in all the computer systems I've used thus far.

Day, it's not about getting the most. Don't sweat it. Make it CDs so people can take them in their cars, etc and enjoy music in as many places as possible, ya know?

Apocalipstic
07-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Burned DVRs will not play on all on all DVR players...some are DVR+ some are DVR- , some are both...and they wont play in CD players.

For people who don't have a DVD player in their computer and are not tech savvy, it might be more difficult and inaccessible.

Agreeing with Waldo that popping the CD in my car is my fav part!

PinkieLee
07-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Burned DVRs will not play on all on all DVR players...some are DVR+ some are DVR- , some are both...and they wont play in CD players.

For people who don't have a DVD player in their computer and are not tech savvy, it might be more difficult and inaccessible.

Yep, a few cds from past swaps are on constant rotation in my car!

Apocalipstic
07-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Yep, a few cds from past swaps are on constant rotation in my car!

Gotta have my tunes cranked loud in my car!

Diva
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm a Swap Virgin myself... :|

But I am TRES excited about this project!!

Scorp
07-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Raising hand...Me too Diva, me too...

The_Lady_Snow
07-13-2010, 11:33 AM
We are swap virgins as well!!

Later I am taking it from him

HA!!

So excited...

Scorp
07-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Who Snow who????

We are swap virgins as well!!

Later I am taking it from him

HA!!

So excited...

Spirit Dancer
07-13-2010, 12:30 PM

:sunglass: Swap virgin here too, but happy
to be included.

Medusa
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I suddently feel like a perv *eyebrow wiggle*

Daywalker
07-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Day, it's not about getting the most. Don't sweat it. Make it CDs so people can take them in their cars, etc and enjoy music in as many places as possible, ya know?

Okay, you're right.
I shall just have to meet hard limits head on.
:jester:

Signed,

Mash-Ups on Deck

Canela
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
I am not a virgin--but I play one on tv...

Scorp
07-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Whattya mean suddenly????? :canadian::pointing:

I suddently feel like a perv *eyebrow wiggle*

Diva
07-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Whattya mean suddenly????? :canadian::pointing:

Yeah....nice try, Medusa....hee hee

Medusa
07-19-2010, 12:25 PM
I've received Scorp's CDs!!

Apocalipstic
07-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Overachiever ;)

SassyLeo
07-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Crap, did I miss the boat?

Diva
07-19-2010, 03:35 PM

Showoff. :eyebat:

You win this: :sock:

leatherfaery
07-19-2010, 03:46 PM
I am sorry but I was unable to locate the shipping address. Would someone post it in the thread please?

SFFemmePrincess
07-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Ooh Ooh Ooh, this is the greatest idea since sliced bread! Logic and I will definitley be participating next round!

Gayla
07-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Since my fancy plan of guilting people into sending me music without expecting anything in return failed, I guess I'll have to sign up for the next round.

dixie
07-19-2010, 11:48 PM
The hours for my new job are kinda kickin' my ass, but I should be able to have mine there by the deadline...they just won't be as purdy as I hoped they'd be...lol :)

suebee
07-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Does anyone know of an online program (free) for making CD labels and covers? I am admittedly techinically challenged, but I'll give it a go!

Scorp
07-20-2010, 08:39 AM
And here I was hoping for a lifetime supply of turtle wax or rice a roni..But noooooo, I get a measley lost sock...
:annoyed:

Showoff. :eyebat:

You win this: :sock:

suebee
07-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Sooooo ....... I've finished my mixed and listened to it a couple of times. I now realize just how white I am. :| I'm tempted to tear it all apart and start over again, but I'd probably need new DNA (and maybe a new music collection) in order to make things right. At least I didn't include any Barry Manilow or Libarace.

Now, about those online CD label-maker programs I was asking about - anyone have any suggestions?

Da :floatbee: needs help.

Spirit Dancer
07-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Sooooo ....... I've finished my mixed and listened to it a couple of times. I now realize just how white I am. :| I'm tempted to tear it all apart and start over again, but I'd probably need new DNA (and maybe a new music collection) in order to make things right. At least I didn't include any Barry Manilow or Libarace.

Now, about those online CD label-maker programs I was asking about - anyone have any suggestions?

Da :floatbee: needs help.

http://download.cnet.com/CD-Case-Maker/3000-2141_4-10757351.html
I just typed mine out and put it in the sleeve.

Diva
07-21-2010, 09:03 PM
And here I was hoping for a lifetime supply of turtle wax or rice a roni..But noooooo, I get a measley lost sock...
:annoyed:

But...but....but it's NOT lost! I found it just for YOU! :eyebat:

dixie
07-28-2010, 05:02 AM
I apologize in advance for the crappy way my cds look. My printer crapped out at the last minute so I didn't get to do my labels. So...the CDs are sharpied and the play list is handwritten. Hope y'all can read my writing..:|

Fancy
07-28-2010, 06:52 AM
I've been behind, but will be shipping on Sat.
(f)

Medusa
07-28-2010, 06:56 AM
My stuff isnt fancy either, Dixie! Don't worry about that at all, it's the music that matters :)

suebee
07-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Burning all done. Today I'm going to master the label program if it kills me! Mine will be sent just under the wire. Hopefully they'll be there on time!

Canela
07-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Please forgive me, but I will not be sending glamourous and beautiful cds...although they will work in your cd player...this is the best I can do...lol...so away they go...will be in Dallas tomorrow and will mail them out from there to avoid [more] delays...also getting in under the wire...lol...

Hope you like them! I'm so excited!

PinkieLee
07-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, I actually went out and bought the cds to burn today at lunch... so that's a start! Luckily, I have a few different playlists already, for different themes & moods, so I'm just gonna go from there!

Here is hoping I get on the ball tonight & get them done to send out Friday. If not, I'll ship them out on Saturday.

I look forward to gettin' my groove on to all the cool music that I'm gonna get. **stop, not THAT kinda groove**

Apocalipstic
07-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I have a test version I am listening to. If it works, will send out tomorrow, if it needs more work Friday. I know Monday is the cut off, and I am out of town, so it has to be Friday.

I do enjoy labeling my CD's as much as choosing the music, so forgive me...it is just something I enjoy. :)

I promise to nto spend any time of the actual list of songs. :)

-Red-Flag-
07-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Damn, I am sorry I missed this !!

tonaderspeisung
07-28-2010, 09:39 PM
mailed mine out this morning - they should arrive by friday
i appologize in advance for any errant dog hair
my beast has gone roguehttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:95971kgwDm3LFM:http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6317/94114215gl9.jpg&t=1

suebee
07-29-2010, 07:10 AM
My girl is coming over to help me beat my #@$%&^*#$% printer into submission! I'm going to make the deadline if hardware has to suffer in the process! :beatcomputer:

Daywalker
07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
I'll have to express mail mine this weekend,
had to wait for the moolah n stuff.

Hand written scribble is the best I can give for the Play List.

Printer is just stoopid and hasn't cooperated in months.

No fancy label, sorry...but once you hear the tunes U won't give a crap.

Diva
07-29-2010, 12:07 PM
There won't be a fancy~schmancy label on mine either.....

I guess I COULD have licked 'em. :eyebat:

Daywalker
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Diva's Dancin' DNA Mix.

U-huh.

Muse @ 11
:dance1:

Diva
07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Diva's Dancin' DNA Mix.

U-huh.

Muse @ 11

Centered for Your protection.

Projectile DNA.
I haz it.

SassyLeo
07-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Mine went out today...

Not super fancy - I wrote on the CD's with a Sharpie!

There is a card with the songs/artists...but they are not in a case... I actually found some of those cloth type CD covers at the DOLLAR STORE-I cannot remember how many there are in the package, but at least 20!

:hippie:

Apocalipstic
07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Burning and now and sending out this afternoon.

PinkieLee
07-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Well, I got all of my cds burned last night, and I did the playlists & cover design at work today. So, I will be shipping them out tomorrow :)

Medusa
07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Well, I got all of my cds burned last night, and I did the playlists & cover design at work today. So, I will be shipping them out tomorrow :)

Your job must be a lot like mine ;)

PinkieLee
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Your job must be a lot like mine ;)

ssssssssshhhh... what the man don't know, won't hurt him ;)

leatherfaery
07-29-2010, 05:04 PM
I shipped out two packages each with cds inside. I have two each for my swapset. My apologies in advance for the covers. I hand printed the song titles out and I hope you can read my writing.

I hope everyone enjoys them. I had assistance with the songs/artists selections on the CD with the green cover. Thank you slayer for helping me with this project.

Diva
07-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Is there any way around the iTunes 'rule' that You can only copy a particular playlist 7 times? What is THAT?!?!?! I paid for the songs...why can't I copy them as much as I wanna?

<pouting>

In happier news, and not that I'm anxious or anything, but I've just put together my 2nd playlist.....

It makes me giddy, this music stuff......I lurve it so!

Tucker
07-30-2010, 03:22 PM
I shipped out two packages each with cds inside. I have two each for my swapset. My apologies in advance for the covers. I hand printed the song titles out and I hope you can read my writing.

I hope everyone enjoys them. I had assistance with the songs/artists selections on the CD with the green cover. Thank you slayer for helping me with this project.

I really enjoyed helping you make one of the playlists/CD...
I really really hope that everyone in your group likes the CD.
There was a lot of love and stress put into that CD
<3

SassyLeo
07-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Is there any way around the iTunes 'rule' that You can only copy a particular playlist 7 times? What is THAT?!?!?! I paid for the songs...why can't I copy them as much as I wanna?

<pouting>

In happier news, and not that I'm anxious or anything, but I've just put together my 2nd playlist.....

This is why I don't buy songs from iTunes anymore. I buy them from Amazon.com most of the time. Also, the quality is better! :)

Apocalipstic
07-30-2010, 04:16 PM

<pouting>

Yes, burn the CD one time from Itunes, then just make copies of it. :)

leatherfaery
07-30-2010, 06:07 PM
I really enjoyed helping you make one of the playlists/CD...
I really really hope that everyone in your group likes the CD.
There was a lot of love and stress put into that CD
<3

I want to thank you publically for helping me with this project. As you stated a lot of "love and stress" went into that cd as well as the other one. It was a great collaboration and I enjoyed "doing it" with you. I hope we collaborate on a project again soon.

I know everyone will love it.

<3

suebee
07-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Whew! Just have to wrap them for the post and send them tomorrow! Now that they're all done I notice a couple of little mistakes on the CD label. :| Oh well, the play list on the jewel case is right. Had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and sweat beaucoup de buckets over it. I hope you all enjoy it!

Sue :floatbee:

I'd like to thank my kitties Georgie and Gracie for their constant companionship and encouragement the last few days. I couldn't have done it without you! Meow!

Daywalker
07-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Ok, for clarity n stuff...they have to arrive to Dusa by
the 2nd or be shipped out to Dusa by the 2nd.

:thinking:

suebee
07-30-2010, 07:42 PM
One last question: Do we get Medusa's recipe for 'possum pie as promised? :blink:

dixie
07-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Whew...due to the stress and long hours at work...I just looked in the backseat of my car and the CDs are still sitting there. :| Someone please remind me to send them out tomorrow! lol *banging head against wall*

dixie
07-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Goshdarnit!!! I got the envelopes all packaged up and then realized that I'd forgotten to stick in the little cards I wrote for everyone. That means you're gonna have just a CD in an envelope. :(

First my printer screws up so I can't do my labels or insert. Then I forget to mail the darn things. Now this. Good grief. Hopefully next time I try this things will go more smoothly...lol

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Diva
07-31-2010, 06:48 AM
I am giddy with anticipation......

Toast anyone?:freetoaster:

suebee
07-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Awww. I just had some Diva! Can I offer you some tea?

I can't wait!

suebee
07-31-2010, 03:13 PM
The post office says that my package should arrive in Arkansas on Monday. I got there with five minutes to spare! No sweat. :sunglass:

dixie
08-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Mine are going to be late... For some reason the postoffice in my tiny little backwoods town decided not to even open up, despite the hours of "Saturday 8:30-Noon" posted on the door....grrr

I will do my best to send them priority first thing Monday morning. Sorry y'all... :(

Diva
08-01-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm so excited! I just did the tracking number thing and my CD's are THERE, just waiting for Medusa/Jack's happy little hearts to retrieve them!

How exciting! YEA!

:eyebat:

Mitmo01
08-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Mine are going into the mail tommorow...

Canela
08-02-2010, 05:39 PM
The cd's had to go out today cuz Dallas was jammed packed with too much to do...(they traveled with me all the way there and all the way back)...good practice for the trip they are going on from BFPhome to their new home...

(I forgot how long a drive that was...and it was really hard on my body...thankfully nothing a long hot bath and a good nights rest couldn't fix!)

Also, I couldn't decide on just a few, so I decided to make a set of 2. I didn't do any graphics or any playlists because it seems I can't figure out how to do those. (!) So I guess they will just be a surprise or you can just put the dics on scan and catch the intro...oh well, it just worked out that way.

Please forgive me for the delay, Medusa and all the recipients. I truly am sorry that I missed the deadline. But I hope they are worth the wait, and that you enjoy them. I know I have (enjoyed each song on them at one time or another).

:praying:

dixie
08-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Mine went out today too...

suebee
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Medusa, Will you be letting us know that you've received our packages?

Medusa
08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Medusa, Will you be letting us know that you've received our packages?

I will try to get down to the Post Office tomorrow. I have been just slammed with work and Reunion stuff so Im a couple days behind on my regular PO run :)

suebee
08-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I will try to get down to the Post Office tomorrow. I have been just slammed with work and Reunion stuff so Im a couple days behind on my regular PO run :)

No problem. I just have this little nagging fear that it lands in Alaska or something. :blink: Thanks so much for taking all this on - and just before the reunion too!

Daywalker
08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
They said mine will arrive to their destination by Saturday.

:gotmail:

Hope everyone enjoys their tunes!

:rockband2:

:flyingweed:

Canela
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
Your item was processed through and left our LITTLE ROCK, AR 72206 facility on August 04, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

WOOHOO!

Tomorrow hopefully, mine will be there as well! YAY!

Fancy
08-04-2010, 09:03 PM
It's like waiting for Santa.

Perhaps after the CDs arrive we may share our playlists in this or another thread?

leatherfaery
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
It's like waiting for Santa.

Perhaps after the CDs arrive we may share our playlists in this or another thread?

I like that idea a lot!

Daywalker
08-10-2010, 05:23 PM
:thinking:

Ok, so according to mah tracking thingy the CD's arrived on Saturday.
:gotmail:

I hand wrote the play lists, and served up 'Dusa a copy of her own for
all the troubles..along with a little $$ for shipping and a few
bucks for Reunion Raffle tickets since we can't be there.
:crowd-surf:

I look forward to receiving all mah tunes!

Daywalker
08-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Where is mah Music?

:eyebrow:

Medusa
08-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Where is mah Music?

:eyebrow:

Picked it up yesterday! (Also, got your $$$ for raffle tickets so shoot me a PM detailing what you want to try to win!)

I am waiting on one person's CD (those should be there when I go pick up at the PO today) and I will begin repackaging tonight!

Thank you to everyone who participated, sent $ to cover shipping, and included the awesome-as-fuck music!

BOOM!

Daywalker
08-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Picked it up yesterday! (Also, got your $$$ for raffle tickets so shoot me a PM detailing what you want to try to win!)

I am waiting on one person's CD (those should be there when I go pick up at the PO today) and I will begin repackaging tonight!

Thank you to everyone who participated, sent $ to cover shipping, and included the awesome-as-fuck music!

BOOM!

Hah!

Right on!
:dance2:
Did U pop yer tunes in yet?

I will send U a message as to where I'd like mah tickets to go.

:pacman:

Medusa
08-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Hah!

Right on!
:dance2:
Did U pop yer tunes in yet?

I will send U a message as to where I'd like mah tickets to go.

:pacman:

Dude! Got it in at work right now! BAD AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

I hate to tell y'all this but I ganked copies of most of y'alls music (cause Im a thief like that) :)

Apocalipstic
08-12-2010, 02:56 PM

I hate to tell y'all this but I ganked copies of most of y'alls music (cause Im a theif like that) :)

I sent you your own copy! :)

leatherfaery
08-12-2010, 06:45 PM

I hate to tell y'all this but I ganked copies of most of y'alls music (cause Im a thief like that) :)

Ummmmm as the person packing and sending out the tunes to everyone i think that you earned that right ! Ha. Thank you again for wrangling this. Just sayin.

Daywalker
08-14-2010, 08:20 PM

:flyingweed:
Right on!

:listening:
Just tapped into more files over the last few days
by spending entirely too much times chasing links off of Sound Cloud.

Love that place.

Feel free to hand the Reunion DJ a copy of mah Groovy in Motion.

When I grow up, I'm wanna be a Groovy DJ.
:party:

Oh, and if it's all right with you...we should like you guy to do the
honors of putting our raffle tickets on whatever item you wanna
. :cheesy:

What a crazy limb I climbed upon for that idea.
:hanging:

:huhlaugh:

Waldo
08-14-2010, 08:32 PM

That so goes against the spirit of the cdX!!!!

Diva
08-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Mr. Day....

Somehow, the idea of You chasing songs on a site called "Sound Cloud" is so YOU!

It made me smile!

:D <~~ See?

Daywalker
08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Knock Knock

Who's there?
:confused:

Not mah CD's.

:byebye:

Medusa
08-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Knock Knock

Who's there?

Not mah CD's.

Hey Day - The last set of CDs came in while we were all at the Reunion. Im working on packaging everything up right now ;)

In other news - slowwwwww your rolllllllllllll :hangloose:

Diva
08-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Knock Knock

Who's there?

Not mah CD's.

Medusa = full plate

Keep rollin' slow, Dude! :eyebat:

Artdecogoddess
08-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Ohh Ohh is it too early to get in on the next BFP CDX Swap? I promise to make a really good random rocking CD?

Let me know peeps. I have a CD from the last one I participated in and I LOVE it.

xo
ADG

Daywalker
08-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey Day - The last set of CDs came in while we were all at the Reunion. Im working on packaging everything up right now ;)

In other news - slowwwwww your rolllllllllllll :hangloose:

Medusa = full plate

Keep rollin' slow, Dude! :eyebat:

Ok, so I tried this Slow Roll last night.

Fell asleep before I could light it on fire.

:weedsmoke:

Dusa, you take yer time.

What's important ~ is that U think mah CD iz Bad Aaassssssssss.

Daywalker
09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
*dances around*

I got a package today from the BFP.

I can't open it yet, or I'll wanna play music and
the Mrs Daywalker is sleeping for her night shift.

:rockband2:

T-Rex
09-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Kat put together a really lovely commemorative CD from the Reunion. I am working on the artwork now. I'm not sure how we'll distribute it yet. It's a conundrum.

SassyLeo
09-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Kat put together a really lovely commemorative CD from the Reunion. I am working on the artwork now. I'm not sure how we'll distribute it yet. It's a conundrum.

OOOH! I will help ;)

The_Lady_Snow
09-10-2010, 04:53 PM
YAY!!

We got home from work and we have our

TUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much EVERYONE who participated and we can't wait till the next one!!!

weatherboi
09-10-2010, 04:55 PM
oh my god i am so excited!!!!
we have a road trip to take tomorrow and will get to listen to all of them...maybe twice!!! Thanks everybody!!!

A big thanks to Medusa for mailing them all around!!!

*excited dancing lamb*

The_Lady_Snow
09-10-2010, 04:56 PM

I am willing to pay for it to have one

Please and thank you

Canela
09-10-2010, 05:10 PM
OMGosh!!!!!

I got all these cd's in the mail today and I am sooooo excited! I'm about to play them all!!!!

Woohoo!!!

(Glad its the weekend cuz I'm going to be spending alot of time listening to some fabulous music for a good while!)

Thank you all so much!

<<<Lil Shug--Bouncing out of the thread, happy happy...lol...:cheer:

leatherfaery
09-10-2010, 06:04 PM
I received my cds today. Thank you all so much!

tonaderspeisung
09-10-2010, 07:15 PM
i got a package today too
http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2263468_f260.jpg
thanks everybody

suebee
09-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Yesssssss! Got to go to the post office tomorrow morning!

For those of you who received or will be receiving my CD, the song list on the CD itself is incomplete. The list on the inside cover of the case has them all listed though.

Can't wait to listen to YOURS!

Diva
09-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I hadn't checked my mail this day, but then I saw how many had gotten their CD's and I ran ~ ok, let's not get carried away....I walked briskly........ok, ok, I strolled out to my mailbox and guess what?

THERE THEY WERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, Y'all! I can't wait to get started! Thank You so much! YUMMIE MUSIC.............ALL FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyebat:

suebee
09-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I actually braved crossing the border on 9/11 to get the CD's......and lived to tell the tale! :|

Thanks everyone! Commencing listening in 5....4.....3.....2...... :floatbee:

Canela
09-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I actually braved crossing the border on 9/11 to get the CD's......and lived to tell the tale! :|

Thanks everyone! Commencing listening in 5....4.....3.....2...... :floatbee:

OMgosh Suebee! Your cd is sooo darn adorable! I love it!
That Boteccelli Bee on the cover and disc itself is adorable!

Thanks to everyone!

Oh and my daughter may or may not have confiscated (read appropriated) a
certain broody yet upbeat dark one's mix compilation cd for her next radio show on Tuesday!

PinkieLee
09-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Well after seeing everyone excited that they got their cds... I checked the PO Box @ 9:30 pm last night! YAY, I got mine, too and immediately popped one in my cd player!

THANK YOU everyone that participated in the swap and I look foward to getting my jam on!!!

Medusa
09-14-2010, 08:17 AM
thanks everybody

Your CD was BAD ASS! The packaging was amazing!!

The_Lady_Snow
09-14-2010, 08:19 AM
OMgosh Suebee! Your cd is sooo darn adorable! I love it!
That Boteccelli Bee on the cover and disc itself is adorable!

Thanks to everyone!

Oh and my daughter may or may not have confiscated (read appropriated) a
certain broody yet upbeat dark one's mix compilation cd for her next radio show on Tuesday!

I love love Sue Bee's cover and seeing everyone's writting and style of CD and of course their music choices!!!

When is the next one???????????

Apocalipstic
09-14-2010, 09:24 AM
I am halfway through my CD's!

U's es muy romantico!! :)

SueBees, I am loving! especially the artwork!

Mitmos, I jamed out to all yesterday afternoon..

As soon as I finish SueBees it's on to Snow and Weatherboi and Medusa!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

More thoughts to follow. :tea: (actually thats coffee)

Fancy
09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Love love love all the CDs ~ All this music is awesome!!

SassyLeo
09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
thanks everybody

I said to my s.o.:

I have heard of only one of the artists on this CD. Wow.

(and I actually like to think of my taste as really funky/weird/indie/diverse)

I LOVE new music!!!

Gemme
09-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Organic and I saw Diva's cds and we're stoked about participating at a later date. Our burning aparatus...aparati?...is being a bit hateful right now, so we have to beat it up a little bit, but after that, we're SO in!

Sue, I loved your artwork too! I can't wait until we're up and functional and we can send you all our music! :)

suebee
09-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Organic and I saw Diva's cds and we're stoked about participating at a later date. Our burning aparatus...aparati?...is being a bit hateful right now, so we have to beat it up a little bit, but after that, we're SO in!

Sue, I loved your artwork too! I can't wait until we're up and functional and we can send you all our music! :)

Next time I'll have to remember to do one for myself. :seeingstars:

Diva
09-14-2010, 03:56 PM
So..............we're doin' this again, right? :eyebat:

Apocalipstic
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
From really interesting covers like "Pour Some Sugar on Me", to Argentine romance, to heavy metal Madonna, to Eva Cassidy, to Cameo, Prince, Queen Latifa, Tupac, Public Enemy and on and on and on....I keep enjoying mah new CD's!

Count me IN for next time~!

I love music and this so rocks!

xoxoxoxoxo to all of you who spent so much time choosing just the right songs to make us smile.

Bravo team members! I bet WE had the best group....not that it's a contest or anything...just thought y'all should know!

Muchicimas Gracias!!!!

UofMfan
09-14-2010, 04:25 PM
From really interesting covers like "Pour Some Sugar on Me", to Argentine romance, to heavy metal Madonna, to Eva Cassidy, to Cameo, Prince, Queen Latifa, Tupac, Public Enemy and on and on and on....I keep enjoying mah new CD's!

Count me IN for next time~!

I love music and this so rocks!

xoxoxoxoxo to all of you who spent so much time choosing just the right songs to make us smile.

Bravo team members! I bet WE had the best group....not that it's a contest or anything...just thought y'all should know!

Muchicimas Gracias!!!!

Glad you liked it! I have yet to listen to mine. I will have to wait until they are mailed to me :(

Abigail Crabby
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm thinkin I wanna get in on this - this time....

Since I finally found the post office lol

So I make a CD mix to send to everyone who signs up right? Is that how this works?

Tired minds wanna know lol

Apocalipstic
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Glad you liked it! I have yet to listen to mine. I will have to wait until they are mailed to me :(

I hope they are on the way and that you like the one I sent! :) I just got mine yesterday.