PDA

View Full Version : america's got talent

Soft*Silver
06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
who caught this incredible silver butch on tv last night??? Here is her performance...she wowed Howie and is making it to the next round..and she plugged her COMING OUT BOOK! She is 75 years old and is a retired teacher!

YouTube- America's Got Talent Sally Cohn Audition

at the end they blocked her from saying to be careful about what Howie was going to read from the book..she said it wasnt all about handwrestling...it was no secret, she said, it has her coming out poetry in it! I want to be her pen pal!

cara
06-23-2010, 05:25 PM
i saw the performance. she was interesting and no doubtedly infinitely more famous now. her book is about hand whistling, though. she said it also contained her personal coming out story. hand wrestling may be a good read, too, though.

Soft*Silver
06-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the clarification Cara. And I was just informed that Sally might not ID as butch..so I jumped to a conclusion and I apologize for that, but no matter what her ID is, she rocks! Seriously ROCKS!

Diva
06-23-2010, 05:44 PM
who caught this incredible silver butch on tv last night??? Here is her performance...she wowed Howie and is making it to the next round..and she plugged her COMING OUT BOOK! She is 75 years old and is a retired teacher!

YouTube- America's Got Talent Sally Cohn Audition (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3zKPQQKH0A)

at the end they blocked her from saying to be careful about what Howie was going to read from the book..she said it wasnt all about handwrestling...it was no secret, she said, it has her coming out poetry in it! I want to be her pen pal!

I saw her last night....and she inspired me to send in my own video last night....just before the deadline.

She was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great role model!

Sam
06-23-2010, 05:45 PM
interesting

Soft*Silver
06-23-2010, 08:45 PM
get out! Diva! seriously??? I am SO glad you sent your video in! I love when we inspire each other to grow out of our fears or comfort zones and reach for what more we can do....

you made my day by telling us this...congrats, Diva!

I saw her last night....and she inspired me to send in my own video last night....just before the deadline.

She was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great role model!

Lynn
06-23-2010, 09:21 PM
I saw her performance, too. I grinned the rest of the night.

I really like that show. It's like a kinder, gentler AI. I cry at every single show. Tonight's ending, with the two sisters singing, was so moving.

And, Diva...yeah! That's great!

Gemme
06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I saw her this morning (DVR, thankyouverymuch) and she made me giggle. A little birdie (Juney) said that she is known by some of our peeps (Juney) in Portland.

I hope to see tonight's show tonight, but the 19 year old has commandeered the TV for gaming, so it's not looking good.

Spirit Dancer
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM
get out! Diva! seriously??? I am SO glad you sent your video in! I love when we inspire each other to grow out of our fears or comfort zones and reach for what more we can do....

you made my day by telling us this...congrats, Diva!

Softness here's here video
US05D5WAeU0

Gayla
06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Those wall dancing people were kinda cool!

T D
06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
I just watched the end of AGT. The two sisters with Cystic Fibrosis were amazing. My cousins son died of it in his late 20's and there was NO way he could have sung. Such a moving performance !!!

friskyfemme
06-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Softness here's here video
US05D5WAeU0
I believe that if you don't 'go for it', you will always regret you didn't follow your dream. I live by this.

Yay Diva!

Diva
06-24-2010, 04:26 AM
Those wall dancing people were kinda cool!

They WERE amazing! So graceful!

Diva
06-24-2010, 04:28 AM
I just watched the end of AGT. The two sisters with Cystic Fibrosis were amazing. My cousins son died of it in his late 20's and there was NO way he could have sung. Such a moving performance !!!

When the younger of the two pulled that mic away, opened up her mouth and hit that big note with all of her heart.....well....it just took my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOOOOOO impressed with their passion....and their grit!

LOVED them!

Soft*Silver
06-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Ms Diva, you have one powerful gifted voice there! Holy Posies! I hope you get a chance to get on AGT! I can see us all, glued to our tvs, with our puters up and running and posting back and forth, waiting for your turn!

I thought the sisters were inspirational and talented. I also loved the young man who did indoor Kite flying the day before. He has epilepsy and his hobby was how he relaxed and found inner peace. I was BLOWN AWAY by the gracefulness of his act...he too is going to Vegas...

Jet
06-24-2010, 02:20 PM
This is who I call a great singer. Alice Tan Ridley.
I posted this earlier because it blew me away....
Alice had me on my feet as well.

Awesome, awesome video.

z2N4SqdR0Wo

theoddz
06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Sally Cohn has a web site for handwhistling!!! :cheer:

http://www.handmelodies.com/

What a great person she seems to be!!!! :winky::thumbsup:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

Psssssst..... Diva?? You should go for it (I wish you all the luck in the world!!) and follow your dream!!! I think you've got a great singing talent, a marvelous and winning personality..... and you should definitely share your gift with the larger world. :winky::bouquet:

Soft*Silver
07-13-2010, 08:21 PM
I just watched Sally Cohn on America's Got Talent and she was wonderful!!! What a character she is! I can tell Ms Osborne does NOT like her and I wonder why? But Howie made a great point..there are a hundred dancers..a hundred and one singers but only ONE hand whistler...

well...maybe Howie...lots of us are adept at making sounds come from our hands and out mouths....giggling.....

GO SALLY!

Gayla
07-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Am I missing something with the painting girl? I mean, aside from the obvious and all.

Gemme
07-13-2010, 11:39 PM
No, I don't think so. She's there for the same reason that Gawd awful woman that I was talking about before got through. You've got those with true talent and those with questionable or unusual talents that, in my opionion, are not worth a mil or a Vegas show.

Gayla
07-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I missed your Gawd awful person..was that the keyboard playing woman that went on and on and on during the quarterfinals?

I definitely think they pepper the field with the not so talented just for the entertainment factor.

Gemme
07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
I missed your Gawd awful person..was that the keyboard playing woman that went on and on and on during the quarterfinals?

I definitely think they pepper the field with the not so talented just for the entertainment factor.

Yessss! That's her and that's it exactly. I get so frustrated, though, because I actually want a talent competition and they took a good 3 places away from really talented folks for that kind of crap.

Dante
09-12-2011, 09:47 PM
2011 ..........
Final Four .........
Can you believe Landau Eugene Murphy Jr? ! ? !!
That voice !!!!
The talent has been amazing this season.
who does everyone like?