PDA

View Full Version : Do you collect coupons?

Sachita
09-10-2010, 04:41 PM
are you a clipper or online seeking coupon deals? if so, what are your favorite links?

WolfyOne
09-10-2010, 05:54 PM
I use coupons on items I regularly use if they're available when I need said product

I usually take coupons I don't use to the store when I shop and place them near the item because I know someone could use it

I'm always up for accepting samples of anything

And the word FREE is quite eye catching when shopping
A BOGO sale gets me every time

AtLast
09-10-2010, 07:23 PM
You bet, I do!! I don't buy something via coupon that I wouldn't usually, but sure the one's that apply to what I do buy.

Blade
09-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I've tried but I always forget to take them to the store with me. I have found that looking online before I go out to eat pays off if you find a coupon to a place you like

EnderD_503
09-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Very rarely. If its already attached to a product while I'm about to buy it (or in a flyer at the front of the store for that particular day) I'll obviously use it, but I don't go out of my way to save coupons. When I do I tend to lose them. If it's a product I really use a lot of I try not to lose them.

I tend to accumulate discount cards for stores I buy a decent amount of items from, though. A lot easier not to lose.

Lynn
09-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I answered "yes" on behalf of my sweetheart, who is the main shopper in our household. She clips coupons and actually uses them every time she shops. Between sales and specials, along with coupons, her receipts regularly reflect savings of $20 to $30--sometimes more. I am way too disorganized to actually use any coupons I might capriciously clip, so I am very grateful to her for her practical, thrifty ways.

Isadora
09-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Grocery stores are evil. Coupons are related, therefore evil by association. Hawk, however, is a mad coupon king. Heh.

MsDemeanor
09-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Hawk rocks! Coupons are swellness. I adore the feeling I get when I cruise up to the Walgreens counter with a basket full of goodies for which I have both store coupons and manufacturers coupons. Watching the total on the cash register drop and drop and drop and drop is just a little too sweet :-)

Sachita
09-12-2010, 07:05 AM
has anyone here had luck with groupon.com

RockOn
09-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Dog food coupons ... for the expensive, large bags of super nutritional brands. It is a fact that my dogs eat healthier than I do.

happygirl
09-12-2010, 08:29 AM

We have purchased many groupons for restaurants. Also a few for touristy things in our area, we have had no problems at all. We also use the living social site.

Sachita
09-12-2010, 10:25 AM
We have purchased many groupons for restaurants. Also a few for touristy things in our area, we have had no problems at all. We also use the living social site.

I bet its great for larger metro areas. Where i live I have to go to other areas. They do have some great restaurant deals. They had a spa thing that was really great, cheap the dates just didnt work for me

Gemme
09-12-2010, 12:34 PM

I used groupon when I was in WA. Seattle always had a great deal of some kind running, whether it be a spa thing or half off at a restaurant or 90% off of an Intro to Skydiving course.

I used to be a major Coupon Queen. Now that I'm in a different area, I'm learning what stores are better for various things and getting my bearings in general.

Bit
09-12-2010, 05:24 PM
I used to be a coupon queen, but these days they're just a huge frustration for me.... it doesn't seem to matter what it is, I can get it cheaper buying the store brand than buying name-brand-with-a-coupon. I'm seriously considering not bothering clipping anymore, especially since my local store sends me occasional coupons on the store brands AND I can load my shopper's card with store brand coupons online.

I find I save the most these days when I watch for those "buy 10, get $5 off" sales.

Queenie
09-13-2010, 06:28 AM
In london there aren't any huge coupon sections in the sunday papers.
I am still not use to it. There also isn't a funny page either.
What some of the big super markets have here are royalty cards where you get money back on them. Last time the husband and I got £15.00 and change in cask-back at tecso. I rather like that better then some silly coupon to save a pound off of something I don't really want to buy in the first place.

Sachita
09-13-2010, 11:20 AM
if anyone knows any good coupon sites please post.

A friend of mine always brags that she saved XX this week with coupons BUT she uses a lot of processed and name brand items. I'm not an environmental saint, by no means, but rarely do I find coupons for fresh organic foods. I do check Earth Fare and Wholefoods sales and web sites for deals and have a freezer. I also buy bulk- I buy 50 pounds of rice and beans at a time. I go to Ollie's and hunt organic canned foods and juice, stock up like crazy.

I feel guilty when I buy a lot of over packaged stuff. Same thing with cleaners, etc. But if I can use them I will.

Gemme
09-13-2010, 09:16 PM
http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=13101&zid=pt82&nid=10&bid=alk09132009542486f3bce1516

http://www.couponcabin.com/

http://www.thefrugalshopper.com/

http://couponing.about.com/cs/aboutcouponing/a/lowerbillpt2.htm

http://www.wow-coupons.com/

http://www.couponmom.com/index.php?cid=99

kassykit
09-15-2010, 10:21 AM

My parents use groupon a lot, they say it's great

cane
09-15-2010, 10:32 PM
It sounds like a good idea but I would have to remember the cupons and that will never happen.

Apocalipstic
09-16-2010, 01:41 PM
I forget to take the coupons to the store. Duhhhhhh.

lipstixgal
09-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I forget to take to the store as well and I really don't use them so I guess it is what it is!!

Gemme
09-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Once the coupons are cut, they are stored in a little baggie (or one of those fancy coupon divider books if I get another one some day), and then put into the pocket next to the driver's seat in the car. There's always there when you shop (as long as you don't trade vehicles often).

NJFemmie
09-17-2010, 04:07 AM
We have circulars mailed to our house - so it's rare that we go grocery shopping without coupons. I'm not sure when we've bought anything that wasn't on sale. I bought Mare one of these: Entertainment Book (http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml)
It's a huge book with discount coupons for just about everything.

chai~
05-04-2012, 04:57 PM
I've tried to make a go of this.
I did get swept up in the extreme couponing shows on TLC, but here in Canada, there is no such thing as double or triple coupon days.
Also, most places won't let a person "stack" coupons.

I suppose the couple of dollars saved would buy me a coffee at Tims, but I haven't found it to be worthwhile here.

Could be I just haven't figured out all the tricks though!

Truly Scrumptious
05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
It's true that here in Canada double and triple coupons days don't exist, and even printed internet coupons often require a guest appearance by the manager when used at the cash register . . . and even then, some stores won't accept them.

However, there are so many ways to get coupons, and free product coupons as well. There are a few groups to join on Facebook (or follow on Twitter) that will let you know when there are free product coupons up for grabs, and/or when some of the coupon sites have new coupons or samples. And there are also the coupon sites themselves as well as email lists to join . . . all about coupons and free stuff.

Honestly I think I enjoy the hunt as much as I enjoy the savings, and could pretty much give a course on how to get free stuff. There's rarely a week that goes by that something fun doesn't turn up in our mailbox.

Right now I'm sitting on coupons for 2 free packages of Nordica cottage cheese, 1 free Nice 'n Easy hair colour,1 free Philadelphia cream cheese, 2 free packages of Maynards candy, 2 free Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, 1 free box of Triscuits, 2 free tubs of Asana yogourt, 3 $5 coupons for Chapman's ice cream, 2 free boxes of Special K, 2 free packages of Dempster's bagels (which we don't even have in QC, so they are up for grabs if anyone wants them) and 3 free boxes of John Frieda Precision Foam hair colour. (I had 4, used one, hated it, and spent more money getting my colour fixed than all of this stuff is worth, but I digress.) And that's just free stuff, I have tons of high value coupons as well.

Okay, I officially sound crazy.
The only thing I am missing is one of those little coupon folders, but I was just telling Tick the other day that I need to get one.

One day I was so impressed with my haul that I took a pic of it. Total price for all of this?

66 cents.
I kid you not.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2db25b3127ccef05c9b625c9000000030O00QasWbVq0ZMg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

femmsational
05-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Oh I'm so happy to see this thread on this site.

I'm a huge couponer. I used to be almost as crazy as those extreme couponers on that show but I've mellowed a bit now.

I DO have a coupon system and I buy 10 papers every Sunday. As long as the coupons in that paper will save me at least the same amount i'm paying for the papers plus $10. Cut them out and file them in their little sections of my organizer.

Every week I compare the sales ad for the closest stores to me and compare the sales with the coupons. That's how i usually shop. I stock up on things that won't expire like shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash etc. I have enough of those things to last 2 or 3 years. Things like canned veggies, mayo, ketchup etc I'll buy as many as two people can use with-in the use by window. Depending on the product I refuse to pay more than a dollar. Most of the things especially toothpaste and hair stuff I refuse to pay anything for anymore. You can always find them free at some store with sale and coupons.

The best coupon site i have found....BY FAR....is weusecoupons.com. I hope it's ok to post that here. It breaks everything down by store and time frame. They also have a link to preview the sunday coupons before you buy so you know whats coming when and can plot out your best savings.

OK, maybe I am still a bit crazy about this. lol. But heck we save a CRAP load. Cut our grocery bills by about 75% a month. Yippeeee!!!! I just wish we had stores that would double and triple. Oh well, I can still make it work.

I've probably just shown everyone here that I'm a nut. I should stop now.

LOL

Take Care,
julie

~ocean
05-04-2012, 07:00 PM
< coupon clipping, bargain shopping,refund submitting<<like that word :) > economical femme

aishah
05-04-2012, 07:04 PM
sometimes, if i find them in the store circular or already at the store. i don't go out of my way to clip coupons. i probably should. i rely on attendant care to help with getting to/from the grocery store, so i can't go to a lot of different stores and it usually ends up working out on the wrong day for some discounts. but i need to look into clipping more :)

femmsational
05-04-2012, 07:48 PM
sometimes, if i find them in the store circular or already at the store. i don't go out of my way to clip coupons. i probably should. i rely on attendant care to help with getting to/from the grocery store, so i can't go to a lot of different stores and it usually ends up working out on the wrong day for some discounts. but i need to look into clipping more :)

If you have a wal-mart near by, they price match their competitors sale prices. That saves me a lot of running around. That might help you in your situation??? Maybe :-)

juie

chai~
05-04-2012, 07:55 PM
It's true that here in Canada double and triple coupons days don't exist, and even printed internet coupons often require a guest appearance by the manager when used at the cash register . . . and even then, some stores won't accept them.

However, there are so many ways to get coupons, and free product coupons as well. There are a few groups to join on Facebook (or follow on Twitter) that will let you know when there are free product coupons up for grabs, and/or when some of the coupon sites have new coupons or samples. And there are also the coupon sites themselves as well as email lists to join . . . all about coupons and free stuff.

Honestly I think I enjoy the hunt as much as I enjoy the savings, and could pretty much give a course on how to get free stuff. There's rarely a week that goes by that something fun doesn't turn up in our mailbox.

Right now I'm sitting on coupons for 2 free packages of Nordica cottage cheese, 1 free Nice 'n Easy hair colour,1 free Philadelphia cream cheese, 2 free packages of Maynards candy, 2 free Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, 1 free box of Triscuits, 2 free tubs of Asana yogourt, 3 $5 coupons for Chapman's ice cream, 2 free boxes of Special K, 2 free packages of Dempster's bagels (which we don't even have in QC, so they are up for grabs if anyone wants them) and 3 free boxes of John Frieda Precision Foam hair colour. (I had 4, used one, hated it, and spent more money getting my colour fixed than all of this stuff is worth, but I digress.) And that's just free stuff, I have tons of high value coupons as well.

Okay, I officially sound crazy.
The only thing I am missing is one of those little coupon folders, but I was just telling Tick the other day that I need to get one.

One day I was so impressed with my haul that I took a pic of it. Total price for all of this?

66 cents.
I kid you not.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2db25b3127ccef05c9b625c9000000030O00QasWbVq0ZMg e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

66 cents????
What the frick?????
Do tell of your secrets oh coupon guru'!!!!!!
Ok, well, maybe I should make a better effort!
Have you ever checked out smartcanucks.com?

aishah
05-04-2012, 07:55 PM
If you have a wal-mart near by, they price match their competitors sale prices. That saves me a lot of running around. That might help you in your situation??? Maybe :-)

juie

that's really cool! thanks :) i do have a wal-mart but i had no idea they price-matched. there's another store that sells bananas really cheaply on thursdays (19 cents a pound) but i never seem to make it to the grocery store on thursdays, hehehehe.

femmsational
05-04-2012, 08:05 PM
that's really cool! thanks :) i do have a wal-mart but i had no idea they price-matched. there's another store that sells bananas really cheaply on thursdays (19 cents a pound) but i never seem to make it to the grocery store on thursdays, hehehehe.

Another good match are eggs. You can usually find a dozen on sale for under a dollar at either walgreens or rite-aide. If you have those close enough. For me that's a good deal and we go through a LOT of eggs. So price matching every week for those saves a great deal for me.

If you don't get the sales fliers for stores sent to you, find them on-line and use them to help make your list of matches. saves bundles especially if you can match a coupon with a sale or price match.

Ok, I'm officially a dork :-)

julie

aishah
05-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Another good match are eggs. You can usually find a dozen on sale for under a dollar at either walgreens or rite-aide. If you have those close enough. For me that's a good deal and we go through a LOT of eggs. So price matching every week for those saves a great deal for me.

If you don't get the sales fliers for stores sent to you, find them on-line and use them to help make your list of matches. saves bundles especially if you can match a coupon with a sale or price match.

Ok, I'm officially a dork :-)

julie

your dorkiness is teaching me things! hehehehe :) thank you.

Truly Scrumptious
05-04-2012, 08:12 PM
66 cents????
What the frick?????
Do tell of your secrets oh coupon guru'!!!!!!
Ok, well, maybe I should make a better effort!
Have you ever checked out smartcanucks.com?

Yep, I do know about smartcanucks.ca!
I actually put together a list of all the different coupon sites recently, so if you pm me your email address, I'll send it to you. (Same goes for anyone else in Canada who wants it.)

chai~
05-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Yep, I do know about smartcanucks.ca!
I actually put together a list of all the different coupon sites recently, so if you pm me your email address, I'll send it to you. (Same goes for anyone else in Canada who wants it.)

pming you now, and thanks so much for sharing your info!