PDA

View Full Version : maddow and the post...

rlin
09-13-2010, 09:49 AM
here is a video maddow had on her show that i believe is based on real data that a guy from the post compiled...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39107968#39107968

its pretty damned amazing stuff... i dont see how anyone could see this and not go hmmm... even the top 2%...

someone tear this apart for me... is it as obvious as this suggests it to be?

i dont need to introduce it because the butch in the vid does a helluva job doing it... as always...

comments anyone? and how does this not get all kinds of mainstream media attention... i mean... the stuff middle america pays attention to...

rlin
09-13-2010, 09:56 AM
the post guy just published it... it wasnt him that compiled the data...

dreadgeek
09-13-2010, 04:11 PM
If I were MORE conspiracy minded I'd look at the systematic decimation of the American education system that has gone on for the last quarter century (if not a bit earlier) and think it deliberate. I will give the GOP credit for this: they have pulled off two of the most fantastic political snow jobs of all time! Firstly, they have convinced the American people that they are the party of prosperity when, in fact, they aren't.

If you track the last 100 years (so go back to the beginning of the 20th century) and work forward the most significant economic downturns have ALL--every last one of them--happened on the watch of a Republican President. If you look at the recoveries all BUT one (Reagan's in the late 80's) happened under watch of a Democratic President. As the old bumper sticker read: if you want to live like a Republican, vote Democrat.

The other just truly awe-inspiring piece of political snow job is to convince the working class that the people who have the BIGGEST jones for the things that do the most harm to the working- and middle-classes are, in actuality, on their side. The Republicans--even the most blue-blooded Republicans (yes, I'm talking about Bush the Younger)--have remade themselves into the 'working man's friend'. Bush the Younger, as much the scion of a blue-blooded family as it is possible to be and NOT be a Windsor, played himself to be a 'good ol' cowboy' with a hardscrabble life story. Because, you know, Exeter is the prototype school for movies like "Dangerous Minds".

You have to hand it to 'em.

Cheers
Aj

here is a video maddow had on her show that i believe is based on real data that a guy from the post compiled...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39107968#39107968

its pretty damned amazing stuff... i dont see how anyone could see this and not go hmmm... even the top 2%...

someone tear this apart for me... is it as obvious as this suggests it to be?

i dont need to introduce it because the butch in the vid does a helluva job doing it... as always...

comments anyone? and how does this not get all kinds of mainstream media attention... i mean... the stuff middle america pays attention to...