PDA

View Full Version : DWTS!

Peach
10-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Anyone else watch Dancing with the Stars? Who is your favorite, least favoorite? My hubby and I love jennifer and Derek. I cannot stand Bristol Palin!

Arwen
10-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Anyone else watch Dancing with the Stars? Who is your favorite, least favoorite? My hubby and I love jennifer and Derek. I cannot stand Bristol Palin!

I don't watch it but have in the past. My writing partner ADORES it. Bristol Palin is dancing? MAJOR EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Gemme
10-25-2010, 11:09 PM
I watched the first couple of seaons but not lately. Is The Situation still on there? He makes me queasy. :blink:

katsarecool
10-26-2010, 01:44 AM
I am an addict! The Situation was voted off two weeks ago. Britol Palin is really a nice young woman and she is doing very well. I do not hold it against her as to who her mother is at all. I think Brandy will win. But I have been voting for Jennifer (Dirty Dancing fame). Before Maragret Chow was voted off I was voting for her. You heard it here first Brandy and Max will win. I love Derek Huff an awesome dancer and a nice guy.

Peach
10-26-2010, 09:41 AM
We've both felt since the beginning, that Jennifer and Derrick will win. I wont mind if Maks and Brandy win, only because he has come so close and never won, Derrick has won 2 or 3 times now. I dont mind Bristol as a person, but she is there (IMO) to further her moms agenda. Last week she was horrid and Florence was really good, and I couldnt believe Florence went home! I'd love to be able to take dancing lessons and learn those dances!
My favorites dances are the Argentine Tango, which Jennifer and Derrick NAILED, the Jive and the all the Latin dances really.

Wryly
10-26-2010, 09:49 AM
I think (hope?) Kurt or Bristol will go home tonight - - - most likely Bristol.

I've been watching it more this season than in the past - - my sister is a huge fan. Jennifer and Derek are really good but Max and Brandy have been steadily improving since Brandy got over herself. Rick Fox is a surprise.

katsarecool
10-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Kurt and Bristol are safe!!! Still have 15 min to go...Carey might be the one tonight. Or Audrina.

MsTinkerbelly
10-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Audrina went home.

Why in the world is Kyle still on...the kiddie vote maybe?

Goo
04-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Anyone watching the new season? Who do you think will win this season. I'm hoping Ralph Macchio or Kirstie Alley win :)

Peach
04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
We are watching! I enjoy Ralph, Kristie, Hines Ward is doing well. There are none I really dislike, they are gone now! LOL

Goo
04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I know! LOL! I was really surprised that Sugar Ray Leonard got the boot tonight

Peach
04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
I would have preferred Kendra gone instead. she was a snotty little cow last night, Louis was pissed at her!

Soft*Silver
04-12-2011, 11:48 PM
I have never watched DWTS before but I like Kirstie so I have been paying attention. Not hard to do considering her little bit of clumsiness..lol. But the reason I like her is she is so down to earth and silly and I think her two mishaps on stage are just endearing her to the public. I love love love that a woman of plus size can be so graceful on the floor. Lord I love that woman...

Goo
04-13-2011, 12:54 AM
I would have preferred Kendra gone instead. she was a snotty little cow last night, Louis was pissed at her!

It was definitely obvious that Louis was pissed at her.

Absolutely adore the chemistry that Maks and Kirstie have between them. I hope they go a long way, and hope that no more accidents happen to them

Peach
04-13-2011, 10:32 AM
then that \kendra announces that the reason she was so snotty, was a "womanly issue" please, do we need to know that?? Poor Louis. Just once, I would like to see both him, and Maks, win for a change. I thought Maks would win when we was partnered with Brandy, or Mel B. He and Louis are such great dancers, but they stick them with such terrible partners. Kirsti is fun, but I dont see her going much further.

The_Lady_Snow
04-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I've not read this thread fully since we started watching today!!

My faves so far Macchio, Allie & Hines.. Will read all of thread once caught up!!! Thanks for getting me' to watch the show Peach!!

weatherboi
08-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Chaz Bono is going to be on DWTS!!! Yayy!!!

MsTinkerbelly
08-31-2011, 07:52 AM
ABC receives complaints about Chaz Bono's addition to 'DWTS'
Aug. 30, 2011, 5:07 PM EST

By Tim Molloy
TheWrap
"Dancing With the Stars" aims for provocative casts, and Chaz Bono's addition to the show has already yielded strong reaction -- some of it ugly.

Bono, the only child of Sonny Bono and Cher, was born a woman but legally changed his gender and name last year. The announcement Monday that he would join the highly rated ABC dance competition immediately made him one of the highest-profile transgendered people in the world.

Tell us on Facebook: Do you agree with the criticism?

It also brought to the surface prejudices about Bono and others who have changed their gender, judging from the "Dancing With the Stars" message board. In hundreds of comments, Bono was the most common subject.

But for everyone who vented disgust -- or questioned whether Bono would dance with a man or a woman -- there were many who defended Bono and accused his critics of bigotry.

Bono's casting is only the latest to make a lighthearted reality show the impetus for deeper discussions about values, tolerance, bigotry and politics. Gay "American Idol" contestants have opted not to announce their sexuality, perhaps out of concern about alienating intolerant viewers. And Bristol Palin's "Dancing" casting two seasons ago led many to vote for or against her based on her mother's politics.

More on Bing: 'Dancing With the Stars' clips and full episodes

If Americans quickly vote Bono off the show -- or keep him on despite a middling performance, as they did with Palin -- it could reveal plenty about attitudes toward transgendered people.

ABC had no immediate comment Tuesday on posts by "Dancing" fans on its message board. Among them:

"HUGE HUGE fan of this show since season two and eagerly await each season to get my dancing/entertainment 'fix'!! But when I heard that Chaz Bono was going to be on, I was sick. Not that I have anything personally again her/him, I just don't want that lifestyle choice continually flaunted in the media esp ABC."

"Chaz Bono How low can this show sink. Well you have certainly addressed the gay commuity. Guess this will not be a family show any longer!!!! Lost my family!"

"YOUR choice to bring Chaz Bono into the mix goes too far. I am not about to risk the potential for on screen dialogue about sex changes and gender confusion while my 7 and 9 year old are watching. If you want the "anything goes" hippy culture, then soon that is all you will get. You've lost us. In case any of you are wondering ... no, we are NOT tolerant. We are not tolerant to allow any and all influences to come unfiltered into our home and especially to our children. This is truly a sad farewell."

Some of the objections were flat-out confusing -- one person seemed to suggest Bono had to be paired with a woman -- because he was still a woman: "Chaz will have to dance with one of the girls because she/he says she/he is a man but chromesomes say different no matter how many surgeries you have."

The show has historically paired men and women regardless of sexuality. The openly gay Lance Bass was paired with Lacey Schwimmer.

Many criticisms of Bono had nothing to do with gender. Some complained that he is overweight and only famous because of his parents. Those two criticisms have faced many, many contestants before him.

Leigh
08-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Yeah sometimes people just need to get over themselves, actually EDUCATE themselves on things instead of judging so harshly and just realize that at the end of the day we are all human and we all bleed red .......... they would not like if someone judged them the way they are judging Chaz, but of course most of them are not smart enough to realize that. Hate is everywhere and its unfortunate, Chaz has just as much right to be there as anyone else and if you don't like it then fine don't watch but I can guarantee that there are people out there who will watch regardless of Chaz being on the show or not.

Of course I'm biased, but HELL YEAH I'm watching the show because he'll be on there ~ I'm excited ............ is it Sept. 19th yet? lol

Hollylane
09-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I just added the Sept 19th premier to my Google Calendar...I don't want to miss a thing...:D

The_Lady_Snow
09-05-2011, 10:43 AM
http://images.hitfix.com/photos/852650/Meet-your-season-13-Dancing-with-the-Stars-cast_gallery_primary.jpg

GO RICKY LAKE!!

luv2luvgirls
09-23-2011, 08:20 AM
well I enjoyed it.. this season looks like we will have a closer compitetion vs last season where the front runners just could not be stopped.. I loved Kirstie on it .. grrrr

So Nancy Grace I liked her dance but she is so timid on this show far cry from what im used to with her.
Chaz was so sweet when he seen he wasnt going home.. you get so used to rejection you prepare for it right off you know?

Dante
09-26-2011, 11:05 PM
The judges sucked tonite! They hardly liked anyone. I think most of them improved. I agree Chaz may be in trouble, but, people are not usually voted off because of bad knees or an injury.

Hollylane
09-26-2011, 11:30 PM
I wish I could vote for Chaz...but I threw all my online votes, and phone vote to RJ. That performance rocked! I cannot believe the judges on that one!

Rockinonahigh
09-27-2011, 12:17 AM
The judges sucked tonite! They hardly liked anyone. I think most of them improved. I agree Chaz may be in trouble, but, people are not usually voted off because of bad knees or an injury.

I agree aboput the judges,especialy Lenny,he needs a dose of humble ...heck being a bit nice would help.

mustangjeano
09-27-2011, 02:13 AM
I have to admit that all my votes will go to Chaz for as long as he is on the show--even tho he is not the best dancer. I wish he had maybe taken this year to get in better shape and then competed next year. It is so exciting to see a trans guy on this show--not to mention an openly gay man and a jock girl. Woooohooo for diversity.

Amber2010
09-27-2011, 04:16 AM
I love Dancing with the Stars.. I really haven't picked out a favorite yet.
But this is still week two. I won't do anything else when it is on.
I do ususally pick out the underdog though.. I guess I always enjoy the ones who have to work so hard in order to move up. The ones who really put in the work to do the dance right makes it all worth watching. Wish I could dance half that well but never seem to find a partner who has more then two left feet hahaha
Of course who am I to complain I am not much better. Just something I always enjoy. "giggles"

Dominique
09-27-2011, 04:47 AM
vNy1b3keSmY

Dominique
09-27-2011, 04:53 AM
ubTL-VvLsqk

The_Lady_Snow
09-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Sigh it was awful, he's gotta be able to "dance" to stay in...

Hollylane
10-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Ricki Lake was awesome, and I just can't get enough of JR. He makes me cry.

ruffryder
10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
ahhhh I love watching sexy girls dance. Those hot moves, long legs, luscious outfits. Mmmm. IJS >

Dante
10-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Week four ...........
I am stoked that Chazz is still there and my other favorite, Nancy Grace! It was something to see Cher there last night and rooting for her son. It was quite emotional. I think Tony & Chyna kinda messed up last night and hence, their demise. And so cool to see Susan Boyle again and to hear her sing.

Hollylane
10-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I threw all of my votes at JR...

I wish I could be more supportive of Chaz, but as a long time fan, I have to vote for the best dancers...sadly, I don't feel that Chaz is one of them...I am impressed that he keeps trying so hard.

It was sad to see Chynna go...:( When thinking about the dances, I know I am going to sound awful for saying this, but I think that it should have been Chaz, and if not him, other choices would have been David, Nancy, or Hope. That stinks because I really like David and Hope.

Peach
10-12-2011, 01:21 PM
I feel the same, as much as I would like to support Chaz, and Carson too, neither of them are realy very good. Chyna screwed up, but she was a good dancer, and thats what the show is about, for me, who is the better dancer. I love JR, and Ricki too, but would Ricki be that good with another partner, Derek is amazing as a dancer and choreographer, but are the scoring him, or her??

Mel C.
10-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Sorry to see Carson go (entertaining yes, but a great dancer no). I like that Chaz is improving but his time is up. I enjoy watching J.R. and Rikki...and even Nancy.I thought Chyna was going to take it all but oops.

ruffryder
11-14-2011, 12:23 PM
DWTS tonight.. who's gonna win? who's gonna win??

ruffryder
11-15-2011, 02:57 PM
RICKI !!!

ruffryder
03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
... and it is back on tonight!!

I will be back when I see who is on the show!

Toughy
03-19-2012, 04:10 PM
When I heard Martina was going to be on the show......I was sorta hoping she would get to be the lead.............lol.......not really

It will be interesting to see how they react to her considering how mean they were to the not feminine soccer player. Martina has way more sculpted arms than the soccer player

Corkey
03-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Gladys freeking Rawked IT!!!!!!

MsTinkerbelly
03-20-2012, 12:52 PM
It was the best season opener yet!

Even Martina (that WAS Martina right? LOL) did a great job.

I am looking forward to watching for a change....love me some DWTS!

Peach
03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I didnt think Martina did well at all. she seemed wooden, and uncertain, uncomfortable. The others did well, it was one of the better openers. Wasnt keen on Melissa Gilbert/Maks, but Donald Driver was great!

Chancie
03-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I thought it was an awesome first show.

ruffryder
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Gladys freeking Rawked IT!!!!!!

I thought it was an awesome first show.

Gladys rawked it like a pimp boss! lol.

It was a good first show. Most of them looked like they have danced before! IT will be hard to see the progress.