PDA

View Full Version : Boston Butches and Femmes?

StephanieAlexis
11-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey, all. I will be landing in the Boston area around the start of 2010 and am hoping to find some Boston B/F Fam.

I am looking forward to being there f/t. Boston & Massachusetts have always struck me as incredibly progressive and on the cutting edge of civil rights (even more so than Washington D.C.) Boston really appears to be a LGBT-friendly town and I'm hoping B/F, too.

Would love to know who else calls Boston (or the surrounding areas) home and your thoughts.

girl_dee
11-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Steph you know I am not in Boston now but you will LOVE it!

Being in a state that even recognized same sex marriage is a big thing...

I had great experienced living in MA, especially PTOWN..

The hospital forms, legal forms.. all gender friendly... LOVE IT!!

Semantics
11-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm in eastern Connecticut and an hour and some change away from Boston. One of my favorite cities and I hope you love it there. :)

ZoeyJayne
11-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Hey, all. I will be landing in the Boston area around the start of 2010 and am hoping to find some Boston B/F Fam.

I am looking forward to being there f/t. Boston & Massachusetts have always struck me as incredibly progressive and on the cutting edge of civil rights (even more so than Washington D.C.) Boston really appears to be a LGBT-friendly town and I'm hoping B/F, too.

Would love to know who else calls Boston (or the surrounding areas) home and your thoughts.

I live 45 minutes north of Boston.. I dont go there very often because they dont know how to drive around there and its very easy to get lost if you dont know where you are going and I swear Boston is the only city that GPS does not work lol... Other than that Ma is a pretty great state there are lots of things that you can find to do to keep yourself amused especially if you have never been here before.... :D

Sam
11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
LOVE Boston, i will be landing in Boston 11/27 woohooo

MainelyButch
11-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Steph! I also live about an hour north of Boston and I love it here because it IS pretty LGBT friendly and has a very diverse population. Boston itself has some racial issues, but is very progressive on the LGBT front...i.e. same sex marriage is legal! I know you'll love the area! btw..great to see some familiar people here at the Planet!

cerys
01-23-2010, 01:25 PM
I work in Boston and I live just north (in Malden, it's still served by the Boston T but not technically part of Boston). I'm definitely interested in making new friends in the area. I moved here in September.

ALittleStar4You
05-11-2010, 06:29 AM
hey guys&dolls-just posted the only thread in NH forum. Im just throwing myself all over the place today-I live in southern NH near the mass border....

tish
07-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Landed here to. Hi I am a high femme landed here like landing in OZ, give a hollar!

-Red-Flag-
07-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Hey there, I am in Maine.. Just over an hour north of boston. If you ever venture north. Give me a holler. I am always up for a guest or a lunch meeting.

butchboi1999
08-17-2010, 08:58 AM
So I'm from the Northampton area of MA but am up in Boston now and again. I'm new to the site and just looking to make some friends. Hope you all have a great day!:pirate-steer:

Velvetkitten
09-13-2010, 09:01 AM
So I'm from the Northampton area of MA but am up in Boston now and again. I'm new to the site and just looking to make some friends. Hope you all have a great day!:pirate-steer:

Welcome.... My Daddy and I are just back from New Mexico after living there for 9 months. Glad to see there are some people on this site from MA.

hot-not
09-14-2010, 04:55 PM
We are having a little Butch and femme gathering in Minneapolis October 22 to 24, 2010.

All are invited.

We are in the planning stages. So far:

Friday we will have a meet and greet downtown--details to follow.

Saturday brunch then whatever you want to do: swimming, Mall of America, site seeing.

Saturday evening, Party at hot-not's house including horseshoes, karaoke, dancing, Chef Jenn is cooking.

Sunday Brunch

Still working out hotel details.

Please PM me if interested.

hot-not, April

Dakota
05-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Hey all.......I live 30 minutes outside of Boston.......

LadyRain
05-21-2011, 09:59 PM
where are the mass peeps its lonley out here alone.............

Velvetkitten
10-10-2011, 06:47 PM
where are the mass peeps its lonley out here alone.............

I am here...but where is everyone else?

Outlaw
10-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi Folks, I'm in Western MA where tourist season is just about to peak! Welcome from way west!

Velvetkitten
10-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi Folks, I'm in Western MA where tourist season is just about to peak! Welcome from way west!
Hopefully you can get out of your driveway with all the "peepers"

sara-bera
10-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Good morning! I'm north of Boston as well and have been here for about eight years. Though I don't care for the winter very much, its definitely not as bad as WNY, where I grew up. I love being right by the ocean too. The fog is beautiful.

I hope you're all having a very nice fall and a happy Halloween.

w4wdoe
03-30-2012, 12:35 AM
:spruceup:Hi all, This seems to be a largely ignored thread. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.. Gotta love Boston! I am a Dot Rat, born and raised!

Teddybear
07-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi Mass peeps

I just moved back to New England after being away for some time. I used to live in Ct before i left with my job. At the moment I live in Charlton going to work for a company in Franklin. My girl lives in just north west of me by less then an hour.

I would love to hook up and make some friends in this area.

Lets plan something

alexri
07-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I'd go for setting up a general New England get-together since so many of us are in nearby states but just a couple of hours away.

spritzerJ
07-14-2012, 05:47 AM
I'd go for setting up a general New England get-together since so many of us are in nearby states but just a couple of hours away.

I'd love a general NE get together. It would be fun to meet people!

~ocean
07-14-2012, 06:05 AM
that would be awesome .. :)

alexri
07-14-2012, 06:19 AM
I'd love a general NE get together. It would be fun to meet people!

Do we have to get permission from the mods to set something up? If people are seriously interested in it I would definitely be up for it. I know I just can't afford to fly down for the reunion right now though it is very tempting.

~ocean
07-14-2012, 07:06 AM
if ppl want to have a party thats our perogative.. the admin wouldnt care lol .. i would love to go to the reunion as well.. just a bad time of year for me .. w. the openning of college and all .. i work at one not attend.

w4wdoe
07-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Id Love a get together!! Lets do it!!!

alexri
07-14-2012, 03:31 PM
So what are you thinking of for a meeting place/activity? Do you think a day thing?

spritzerJ
07-14-2012, 07:43 PM
So what are you thinking of for a meeting place/activity? Do you think a day thing?

Well I am new to the area so I am not good at thinking of a place to meet. however I think a day even would be a good idea. We'd need several hours to hang out.

w4wdoe
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Well.. its summer and we have great beaches and lakes.. how bout a cook out at a great lake in the area????

alexri
07-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Well.. its summer and we have great beaches and lakes.. how bout a cook out at a great lake in the area????

Are you thinking like a park we could go to and have a big potluck picnic? Can we pull it together before summer ends? If people can recommend a place that might be central to MA to try and make it easiest for all to get to...

w4wdoe
07-16-2012, 10:50 AM
There is a beautiful lake in a state park in Taunton Ma.. Watson pond.. its great.. and only $5 for parking....

alexri
07-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Would you need permits for a large group? What would we do, just tell everyone to bring a dish and some blankets and lawnchairs?

spritzerJ
07-18-2012, 06:45 PM
There is a beautiful lake in a state park in Taunton Ma.. Watson pond.. its great.. and only $5 for parking....

Would you need permits for a large group? What would we do, just tell everyone to bring a dish and some blankets and lawnchairs?

Possible place sounds wonderful. Sometimes they have covered areas you can rent/reserve. Which may or may not be necessary.
We can certainly do a bring your own drinks, dish to share and seating get together. Sounds like a blast too me!

alexri
07-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Cool.. pick a date and a time for the summer and let's do it.

I am crossing my fingers that we don't pick a weekend that I am away.

Mr Nice Guy
07-18-2012, 07:40 PM
I would go but I work every Saturday. I hope you all have fun. :)

~ocean
07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
hmmm thinking bugs mosquitos .. no no ....

cinnamongrrl
08-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Came to sprinkle some love on my local thread :) What happened to plans for a get together?? I think its a great idea. There's lots o' locals that Ive been wanting to meet for some time :) We could do a day thing picnic/cookout/potluck type deal....? Any takers?? Fall is coming...the best weather of all! State parks are great for providing pavillions and cooking areas as well as activities. If y'all really want to do this I can start looking into a central location...Im also betrothed to the bestest planner in the ENTIRE WORLD :)

Teddybear
08-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Came to sprinkle some love on my local thread :) What happened to plans for a get together?? I think its a great idea. There's lots o' locals that Ive been wanting to meet for some time :) We could do a day thing picnic/cookout/potluck type deal....? Any takers?? Fall is coming...the best weather of all! State parks are great for providing pavillions and cooking areas as well as activities. If y'all really want to do this I can start looking into a central location...Im also betrothed to the bestest planner in the ENTIRE WORLD :)

not sure about being the BEST planner in the ENTIRE WORLD baby but I do try

I can plan it on the fly

w4wdoe
08-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Any SundY in august or sepptember works,for me!!!

Two-spirit
09-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi,

I live in RI , about hour and a half away from Boston..Hope al is well. looking to meet new friends..

Little Feather

Teddybear
09-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Sorry I havent been here to keep the meet and greet on track I was in the hospital however I am almost back to normal if there is such a thing.

Cinn and I work every weekend and are off on tues and weds so I know this may make it difficult to plan a get together. I know that we are planning a trip to Salem, Ma for haloween maybe we could plan something for that area.

I dont know if we we could do a potluck or a dinner out. Any ideas? Im open to any and all help if we want this to get thing rolling

ZoeyJayne
10-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Cinnypoo has my numba so have her give me a call and I can try to take a day off or something...

-Red-Flag-
10-02-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm totally in for a meet .. Though .. During the week is tough for me .. Unless I know ahead of time ..

AnamCara
01-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Are there any events being planned?:cigar2:

Shystonefem
01-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Born and raised in Somerville. I now live in Manchester, NH.

Be safe during this storm.

Mel C.
11-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Are there any Boston area peeps still on BFP?

Mel C.
12-28-2016, 10:04 PM
Are there any Boston area peeps still on BFP?

Bueller....Bueller...