PDA

View Full Version : LadyAlchemy here...

AlchemyGrrl
11-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi all,

I am new to this site and hoping to make some friends here. I am an older BBW femme, approaching the big five-O...used to be very high maintenance but as I have aged, my need for comfort has crept in. I still like to dress up in full battle gear and face paint but I now see it as dressing up instead of just dressing. I'd rather be working in my garden, playing with the kids, studying herbalism and alchemy or working on a home improvement project than sitting at the make up counters in Macy's.

One of the reasons for this change may be because I am the survivor of a hate crime. It was a number of years ago and I have gone through a lot of processing, values clarification, and healing finally realizing that LIVING WELL is not just the best "revenge", it is the only true revenge. I tend to be a very spiritual person and have been studying Wiccan traditions for almost 30 years now.

I am just coming out of an almost 10 year relationship. Nothing particularly bad happened, we just realized we were better friends at this point than lovers. See, I really am rather femme and she doesn't identify as butch at all at this point. Anyway...I hope to meet some new friends here!

Blessings,

LadyAlchemy

Jesse
11-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the Planet, Lady Alchemy. :)

Hi all,

I am new to this site and hoping to make some friends here. I am an older BBW femme, approaching the big five-O...used to be very high maintenance but as I have aged, my need for comfort has crept in. I still like to dress up in full battle gear and face paint but I now see it as dressing up instead of just dressing. I'd rather be working in my garden, playing with the kids, studying herbalism and alchemy or working on a home improvement project than sitting at the make up counters in Macy's.

One of the reasons for this change may be because I am the survivor of a hate crime. It was a number of years ago and I have gone through a lot of processing, values clarification, and healing finally realizing that LIVING WELL is not just the best "revenge", it is the only true revenge. I tend to be a very spiritual person and have been studying Wiccan traditions for almost 30 years now.

I am just coming out of an almost 10 year relationship. Nothing particularly bad happened, we just realized we were better friends at this point than lovers. See, I really am rather femme and she doesn't identify as butch at all at this point. Anyway...I hope to meet some new friends here!

Blessings,

LadyAlchemy

~Bo
11-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Welcome!! :clap:

1PlayfulFemme
11-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Hello and Welcome! Make yourself comfy!! It's a great place! :)

DomnNC
11-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the Planet!

Soon
11-12-2010, 11:11 PM
What a great intro--welcome! :)

WolfyOne
11-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Welcome to The Planet
Enjoy your stay, the people here rock
We're a very diversified community
You'll find quite a few people from your state here

Mtn
11-12-2010, 11:35 PM
welcome to the site and Hey from another So Oregonian, there are a couple of us here...

Sam
11-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Enjoy, great group of folks here :)

Fish
11-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Hello and welcome.
Southern Oregonian #2 here.

ravfem
11-13-2010, 02:02 AM
:welcome:

Enjoy yourself, it's a great place!

BB,
rav

aldebaran
11-13-2010, 02:09 AM
welcome to the planet!

Dreamer
11-13-2010, 04:12 AM
Welcome to the Planet

http://fedgeno.com/images/alchemy/alchemy-005.jpg

AlchemyGrrl
11-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Hello and welcome.
Southern Oregonian #2 here.

Thanks for the welcome everybody! It is a delight to find other Southern Oregonians here!

Again, thank you all for the welcome!

SnackTime
11-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the Planet

Enjoy!

bigbutchmistie
11-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Hello and Welcome :)

AlchemyGrrl
11-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi there BigButchMistie and SnackTime!

Thanks for the welcome! I see some of you all know how to post pictures here. How does one do that? Is it a special privilege? I'd like to post my own avatar but can't figure it out. LOL, :whine:

bigbutchmistie
11-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi there BigButchMistie and SnackTime!

Thanks for the welcome! I see some of you all know how to post pictures here. How does one do that? Is it a special privilege? I'd like to post my own avatar but can't figure it out. LOL, :whine:

I believe if you have a membership then you can post a pic. However, there are avatars generated for non members for you to use... :)

AlchemyGrrl
11-13-2010, 07:06 PM
I believe if you have a membership then you can post a pic. However, there are avatars generated for non members for you to use... :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer! It sounds like it is a privilege that I will have to look into accessing!

Leigh
11-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi all,

Blessings,

LadyAlchemy

Welcome to the Planet, it is a pleasure having you here with us :)

JakeTulane
11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
LadyAlchemy - Welcome to the planet - and thank you for sharing your story. smiles.

AlchemyGrrl
11-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi there Matthew & Jake,

Thanks for stopping in to help make me welcome. It is very appreciated. Hope to see you all around the forums. Do ya'll have any particular favorites I should or could know about?