PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Cheer!

Medusa
11-02-2009, 10:44 AM
I really DO have my Christmas tree up and decorated already!

Last year after Christmas, I went down to Evil-ville (aka Wal-Mart) and bought all kinds of glittery ornaments for about .25 each and now my tree is a red and gold Victorian extravaganza!

This year they had glittery dragonfly ornaments and all kinds of tempting scrolly things - and I'm trying to abstain. Really. Trying.

Tell me about your cheer!

IrishGrrl
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
OOOOO! Glittery dragonflies? I dont think I could resist those!

Well, I"m having to obstain from putting up a tree yet. We always do it the day after Thanksgiving.

I need to get shopping for new ornaments. Sadly, Doc doesnt want a themed tree this year..:(

PinkieLee
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
HOLIDAY CHEER... YIPPPEEE!

Yep, I've already got my cheer going on, although no tree up as of yet. I'm thinking that I'm gonna do my best to abstain until at least Thanksgiving Day. But that night, I'm all over it!

I went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday to oooohhh and awwwww in Christmas wonderment! Of course, I bought 3 new ornaments for the Diva tree ~ 2 different black high heel shoes with rhinestones and a fabulous little red, sparkly purse ornament. I didn't go crazy, because they didn't have them marked 50% off yet... hopefully in the next few weeks they will.

Medusa, they had some FABULOUS red dragonfly ornaments... just sayin'. I might have to make a return trip just for you!!! I looked for Hello Kitty for you ~ but alas, nothing! I might have to break out the hot glue gun and make you a lil' something something!

My boo did get a few sports themed ornaments for her tree, too! See, this two tree things works out pretty well ;)

cara
11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I still haven't put away my Halloween decorations and the Christmas stuff is locked in storage until I have time to look at it. I've been makin' ornaments already, though! :)

Scorp
11-02-2009, 07:06 PM
* Waves to all the pretty, cool ladies who posted in here *

Walking through the forums and checking out the sights, and of course I see Dusa's already got her Xmas tree up :eek: I thought I was bad with tearing down all my Halloween shit the next morning at 7 AM and thinking about putting the Thanksgiving flag outside. But, figured I'd give it a week or so to hang the flag out. Now here's someone's office/spare room that looks like Vegas with all my red neon stuff in here. Dusa you've seen it <via webcam and pics> You should see it now, we changed the room around and it's awesome. It actually looks like the Hard Rock Cafe' with my stratocaster's hanging on the wall. It's awesome and I love spending my time in here amongst the neon. It's all guitar themed now, etc. So, this is my holiday cheer and my tree will be decorated with guitar gadget ornaments ;)

:cool:

Selenay
11-04-2009, 02:54 AM
No! No! No!

cara
11-04-2009, 02:58 AM
Uh...Scratch what I JUST wrote in your intro thread, Selenay. :eek:

*hands you a mugga hot cocoa and heads to bed*

XO!

Leigh
11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Did someone say holiday cheer?????

Now those who know Me in R/T know that I am one of the BIGGEST kids at xmas time! I will spend hours at the mall (yes I said it) during this time of year just to admire the decorations and such. Since I'm working now and have My own cubicle there, I am planning on decorating it with some xmas things like abit of garland and ornaments etc. I would love to have a tree up right now but I live at home and My mom just does not have time to even think about that right now so I will just live vicariously for now through those of you who already have the tree up :D

dixie
11-07-2009, 12:20 PM
You have ur tree up already?! Oh my gosh that is so awesome!! I just took down the Halloween decorations and am getting ready to find some turkey-ish (lol) decorations to put up for Thanksgiving. My son won't let me put up any Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving because it's always been a tradition in my family. He won't even let me hum Christmas songs til then. *pout*

Words
11-07-2009, 12:32 PM
And I thought *I* was bad for wanting to put O/ours up on the 1st of December! LOL...

LOVE the sound of yours Medusa. I always do a very traditional (i.e., Victorian style) tree with plenty of red, green and gold (only problem being that O/our 6 foot tree takes up most of the living room).

I have to say though that you (the collective you) have the best decorations. I remember visiting some kind of hobby center in California last year and being totally overwhelmed by the choice and the quality (and don't even get me started on the Christmas shops I once visited in Maine). Yep, definitely much better than what's available here in the UK.

Words

Bit
11-07-2009, 03:16 PM
S
U
B
S
C
R
I
B
I
N
G!!!!

*huuuge beaming grin*

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I am so glad to see this thread. *beam*

I think, had I seen dragonfly ornaments, my entire grocery budget would be ALL shot to hell.

I think when Nick and Gryph go out to celebrate Gryph's birthday I shall request being dropped off at Hobby Lobby so that I have time enough to peruse the Christmas aisles.

I think Big Lots might be in my future too,

I think I wait All Year Long for the winter holidays.

I think *squeeeeeeeeeeeee* oh I am so excited!!!! *bounces, beaming*

My Halloween decs were vastly understated this year, one punkin and a wreath with a few autumn leaves on it, three candleholders--one of which I noticed later might very WELL be shaped like a cute lil black cauldron, but has PINE TREES as the cut out for the candle-light to shine through, lol.... anyhow, they stay up until Thanksgiving, maybe longer, because Autumn is my season.

Heck, y'all been color draped? Autumn is my color, too--and Gryph's, which is convenient, because it means my colors are never going to give him a headache.

Our first tree here in Wichita was decorated with paper and I found dragonflies printed on tissue paper; cut them out in heart shapes, glued them to thicker paper, and hung them on the tree. The problem was that it was a live tree and needed a lot of misting to combat the dry air of the apartment, and the decs didn't last past that first season.

Dragonfly is one of my favorites, though, as are humbirds, and I think it would be amazing and wonderful to decorate a tree with them!

So, one of the advantages of being an Autumn is that Christmas plaids, the kind in the deep jewel tones, appeal to me enormously... and since they are plaid, they're unfussy enough to please the Butch. *grins*

*wiggles with sudden happiness* Ohhhhh I am SO going to love decorating this year!!! *beams*

WolfyOne
11-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Hopefully reading posts by others may help to bring me holiday cheer. Somehow though, I just don't see it happening. I will, however, leave this thread with an open mind.

Selenay
11-07-2009, 04:44 PM
If I set my ringtone as a Christmas carol does that make me cheery?

QueenofQueens
11-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes, I confess that I too am a whore for holiday crap. I am way more down with the Halloween tchatchke scene, though I am surprisingly seduced by vintage style flockery, not fuckery.

I'm a cheapskate though, and like our snakey-headed hostess, I tend to buy after the money shot day has blown its load and is begging for a clean-up on aisle seven.

xoxo,

Queen Krampus

Mel C.
11-07-2009, 11:39 PM
We watched Fred Claus today. It was kinda cute. I'm ready to start watching the Grinch (Jim Carey version AND the original version).

Medusa
11-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Would it be wrong to make dough ornaments that have been kneaded with brown food coloring and dried corn and peanuts into little turd-shaped wonders to hang on the tree?

I'll spray them with glitter if it makes them more festive :D

cara
11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
dusa-that would be gross but i know you would make it work. :) i saw the new animated version of the christmas carol today. it was alright. also the mall stores were playing xmas music.

Waldo
11-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Just realized that this Christmas will be my first as a single person in several years. Usually when I'm single I don't do the tree or anything like that. I will either volunteer or more often take a trip.

But this year, with the house coming together so nicely it seems almost a shame not have a tree. I'll have to struggle with that one a bit.

But the day after Christmas I know exactly what I'll be doing - I'll be looking for bargains at the annual Room & Board Clearance event.

In the mean time I'll get my holiday cheer on with bringing together the company party.

Angelika
11-11-2009, 04:42 AM
oooo ... the Holiday Markets (http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Czech-Republic/prague-christmas-market.html) start in Prague end of NOV ... and I cannot wait.

The Christmas Season is my favorite. I am heading to the Nuremberg Christkindl Market (http://www.christkindlesmarkt.de/english/index.php?navi=1&rid=2) in Germany mid DEC .... ~wooottt~

Angelika

Diva
11-11-2009, 11:40 PM
This year, I will have 2 trees. I'm very excited.....

I love the holidays!!! This year...I will have to buy a few (10) strings of lights as I blew a bunch of them last year....oh darn. :D

Gemme
11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Would it be wrong to make dough ornaments that have been kneaded with brown food coloring and dried corn and peanuts into little turd-shaped wonders to hang on the tree?

I'll spray them with glitter if it makes them more festive :D

Niiiiiice! :D

Mister Bent
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
The holidays always bring fond memories of dysfunctional family gatherings past.

What brings the holiday cheer better than inebriated relatives and passive aggressive barbs?

Queerasfck
11-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Humbug....

suebee
11-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Yanno, I was going to start a Christmas thread, and then I remembered that Medusa was here. Helloooooooo! ;)

Good news for all urban-dwellers south of the border! (no, not the Mexican border silly! :confused:) The christmas trees and wreaths are on their way soon! I see the trucks bringing them to the loading stations now every day!

Good news! Huh? :antler:

NJFemmie
11-14-2009, 08:57 AM
We may be putting our Christmas tree up tomorrow ... only because Mare's work schedule is that pressed and we have a pre-holiday party we need to prep for. I don't think I have EVER had a tree up this early, but I am :freak:excited about it!

Softly
11-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I am SOOOOO looking forward to Christmas and Hanukkah this year!
We went to Dollar General and got a whole lot of stuff for our Christmas party we are having (an Ugly Christmas Sweater party)!!!!

Daddy says we have to wait until black Friday to put the tree up but I WANNA DO IT NOW!!! so excited. usually I am such a Grinch but this year is going to be perfect. I never celebrated Hanukkah so this will be my time to learn about that also!!! :)

Wickedsuzi
11-14-2009, 09:24 AM
OMG you guys musta got this one :chainsaw: for Jack..... how cool is that??? I love them all! Oh yeah, and by the way, etc..... this is my favorite thread..... cause I'm a SERIOUS Christmas Ho..... totally CRAZED. When we lived in Redding {northern california} I put up so many lights that I blew EVERY breaker all down the street {ok ok maybe not THAT many but a LOT} and lit up the entire western hemisphere!!! My ex told me it looked like Santa's Sleigh had crashed into a Mexican restaurant!!!! I knew then, that I'd achieved the look I was going for SO THERE {snap to you ol meanie ex who was and still is a SCROOGE}

This year, in order that we might celebrate in true Over The Top Suzi Style.... we're gonna put up EVERY SINGLE Christmas tree we have. One in each room. Pics WILL be forthcoming but don't blame me if I burn your retinas out!!!

:p

Trishagee
11-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Just realized that this Christmas will be my first as a single person in several years. Usually when I'm single I don't do the tree or anything like that. I will either volunteer or more often take a trip.

But this year, with the house coming together so nicely it seems almost a shame not have a tree. I'll have to struggle with that one a bit.

But the day after Christmas I know exactly what I'll be doing - I'll be looking for bargains at the annual Room & Board Clearance event.

In the mean time I'll get my holiday cheer on with bringing together the company party.

If you feel like packing light, shorts & t-shirt, come visit so cal, we have a great group here!

PoeticWitch
11-14-2009, 11:48 AM
:2cents: Ya'll scare me

Trishagee
11-14-2009, 11:50 AM
:2cents: Ya'll scare me

me too and I do christmas up... but before Turkey day just does not seem right... I barely got out my fall stuff ;)

PoeticWitch
11-14-2009, 12:19 PM
me too and I do christmas up... but before Turkey day just does not seem right... I barely got out my fall stuff ;)

well I am not much of a christmas person though I will go out of my way to help my friends or family put up their cheery stuff... I just like to make people smile..and christmas makes a lot of people smile... usually by the end of the season I am :vampire:

Puplove
11-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm sending Medusa a christmas sweater with lots of sequins and holiday fuckery on it.

I started playing all chistmas music last week. Can't wait to get the tree up and outside lights up!

It's the most won-der-ful time of the year...

Medusa
11-25-2009, 10:27 AM
No. Holiday. Sweaters.

And because I work with a bunch of nerdy folks who have a smmmaaalllll percentage of soccer-mom-techies mixed in, there will be a new rule.

NO. CHRISTMAS. SOCKS.

No socks with bells, glittery snowmen, or googly-eyed Santas. I feel like every time I see that shit peeking out from under a professional trouser that I have been flashed by a crotch with very active crabs. NO CHRISTMAS SOCKS!

In other news: I ordered a present for Jack from eBay and if she rips it open before I get home today Im going to kick her ass.

Diva
11-25-2009, 10:33 AM
My students gave me musical Christmas socks one year. There was a glitch in our computer system that 6 weeks and they all failed. There was nothing I could do.

;)

In brighter news.....the red and green rubbermaid containers are calling to me.......

:cuttree:

NJFemmie
11-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Well, the Christmas tree did not go up on the day we expected it to - but it will be up before Sunday. Mare decided She wanted to get a new tree, so ... a-shopping we will go.

:smileyXmasTree:

MizzSabra
11-25-2009, 11:59 AM
My holiday cheer consists of: A giant bottle of Patron and EggNog with SoCo. Oh and please suppy a straw.

Bit
11-25-2009, 01:36 PM
:musicnote: Over the river and through the woods
To Grandmother's house we go!
The horse knows the way
To carry the sleigh
O'er the white and drifting snoo-ooow! :musicnote:

:musicnote: Over the river and through the woods
Oh, how the wind does blow!
It bites the nose and chills the toes
As over the ground we go! :musicnote:

*bounces in her chair* Tomorrow is the Big Day---lots of Autumn food, and me and my sweetie together all day!! *just beams*

Thanksgiving to me is a celebration of the harvest and of being rooted firmly in Autumn, in the turning tides of the Seasons. We eat foods that are native to this continent--turkey, sweet taters, white taters, cranberries, corn--in celebration of the bounty of the land and in memory of the First Farmers of the land. We celebrate our bond as a family, two-legged and four-footed. We share with those in need.

:thanksgiving: :thanksgiving: :thanksgiving:

And THEN *heh heh heh* we start on December and the Winter holidays!!! *dances, beaming*

This is my time of year.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Gemme
11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
No. Holiday. Sweaters.

And because I work with a bunch of nerdy folks who have a smmmaaalllll percentage of soccer-mom-techies mixed in, there will be a new rule.

NO. CHRISTMAS. SOCKS.

No socks with bells, glittery snowmen, or googly-eyed Santas. I feel like every time I see that shit peeking out from under a professional trouser that I have been flashed by a crotch with very active crabs. NO CHRISTMAS SOCKS!

In other news: I ordered a present for Jack from eBay and if she rips it open before I get home today Im going to kick her ass.

My students gave me musical Christmas socks one year. There was a glitch in our computer system that 6 weeks and they all failed. There was nothing I could do.

;)

In brighter news.....the red and green rubbermaid containers are calling to me.......

:cuttree:

I. LOVE. HOLIDAY. SOCKS.

:sock::sock::sock:

That is all.

FeminineAllure
11-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I bought a small tree this year already. Yes, I like artificial ones. The lights are already on the tree. Clear ones. And the day after Thansgiving I will be avoiding even pulling my car out of the driveway during Black Friday and decorating my humble little tree.:cc:
:turkeyday:

Mister Bent
11-26-2009, 09:52 PM
I've just woken from an l-tryptophan induced coma.

Puplove
11-26-2009, 11:56 PM
In honor of Diva and others, I was proud to wear my rudolph holiday socks to thanksgiving dinner today. I only wish they played music. Or lit up.

cara
11-27-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm getting ready to sing at Seattle's Westlake Center Tree Lighting Ceremony tomorrow night. Locals can look for me singing with the Seattle Women's Chorus. I think the festivities start at 4:30 pm. We're also being featured on King 5's Evening magazine tomorrow night from 7-8 pm. :musicnote:

Okay, okay. Enough plugs for SWC! Turkey Day is almost officially over and I can't wait to start decorating for the holidays! :cheerleader:

~cara

Bit
11-27-2009, 12:26 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{Lisa}}}}}}}}}}}} Thank you for avoiding Black Friday! I'm avoiding it too; last year someone died because people trampled each other... that's not holiday spirit to me, it's just plain greed.

Gemme and Puplove, I love holiday socks too. I wore out all my old ones; need to get some new ones. :eyebat:

Break a leg, cara!

*wonders how long Mr. Bent managed to stay awake, lol*

It is officially time now. I may sing carols!! Of course now that it's okay, I cannot think of any I want to sing. *blink* lol

:cc: :thanksgiving: :xmascandle: :wreath: :xmascandle: :thanksgiving: :cc:

Bit
11-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Last night I found three boxes of holiday cards and one of my old address lists! Now if only I knew my sibs' new addies I'd be doing okay, lol....

Oiler41
11-28-2009, 10:07 AM
In honor of Diva and others, I was proud to wear my rudolph holiday socks to thanksgiving dinner today. I only wish they played music. Or lit up.

I'll work on that for next year,,,

:rrose::stillheart:

Glynn

blush
11-28-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll work on that for next year,,,

:rrose::stillheart:

Glynn

Perhaps they could fly around the room?

just sayin'

blush
11-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Nothing says Christmas like matching sweaters... (http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2009/05/21/sweater-weather/)

Bit
11-28-2009, 12:04 PM
*looks at blush*

*backs away, making VERY SINCERE warding signs with fingers*

....just put down the sweaters, honey, and nobody gets hurt... :bolt:

Gemme
11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Nothing says Christmas like matching sweaters... (http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2009/05/21/sweater-weather/)

That depends on who, or what, is matching. Matching people, gag. Matching dogs, sure. Matching people to their dogs, not a chance. Matching snowpeople, absolutely!

Dude
11-28-2009, 08:18 PM
My cheer fits in one tiny bag and yet I have spent the last 3 days
sorting through someone else's vast amounts of cheer.

I hung lights out front for the first time in my life.
The deal is no xmas music and I will help with the cheer items (of which there are many):readfineprint:

blush
11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
The deal is no xmas music and I will help with the cheer items (of which there are many):readfineprint:

Who can resist the Muppets?
YouTube- John Denver - Muppets Christmas - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Gemme
11-29-2009, 09:49 AM
YouTube- John Denver - Muppets Christmas - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWOvHqW3Nsg)

No one!!!!

Dude
11-29-2009, 08:57 PM

....:duct:

I knew I was in trouble when jaqueline said we have a main tree.

tree tally is now up to 7 and the neighbors have a very annoying outside one that
plays music :fudd:

:rudreindeer:

Puplove
11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
My cheer fits in one tiny bag and yet I have spent the last 3 days
sorting through someone else's vast amounts of cheer.

I hung lights out front for the first time in my life.

We will have so much fun when Jacqueline drags the Dude here and the Austin co-conspirators bury this crotchety fuck in xmas music, singing xmas trees, lights out the wazoo, and matching xmas sweaters, carolers, rudolph socks, dogs in reindeer outfits, holiday shopping just to mingle with the crowds for fun (while wearing a santa hat)...

When he gets back home, a few measly lights and a musical neighbor tree will look sweet. He will embrace the decs and thank Jacqueline every day for ONLY 7 trees.

Seriously, to me xmas is all about love of my friends and family and even some strangers from an appropriate distance of course (and diamond-studded ornaments if you're a gold digger like blush)...and I love every little thing that looks and sounds like xmas! Except egg nog.

I know it sounds weird coming from me. I hate everything else.

Puplove
11-29-2009, 11:08 PM

Unless it's a nice holiday cake (http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/12/in-so-many-words.html)

Diva
11-29-2009, 11:19 PM
We will have so much fun when Jacqueline drags the Dude here and the Austin co-conspirators bury this crotchety fuck in xmas music, singing xmas trees, lights out the wazoo, and matching xmas sweaters, carolers, rudolph socks, dogs in reindeer outfits, holiday shopping just to mingle with the crowds for fun (while wearing a santa hat)...

When he gets back home, a few measly lights and a musical neighbor tree will look sweet. He will embrace the decs and thank Jacqueline every day for ONLY 7 trees.

Seriously, to me xmas is all about love of my friends and family and even some strangers from an appropriate distance of course (and diamond-studded ornaments if you're a gold digger like blush)...and I love every little thing that looks and sounds like xmas! Except egg nog.

OOoooooooooooo....matching Austinette Christmas Sweaters!!!!!!

And alcoholized egg nog.

And Dude. Without a fork. And a singing Christmas tree.

Now THAT'S Christmas.

:angel:

Puplove
11-29-2009, 11:26 PM
OOoooooooooooo....matching Austinette Christmas Sweaters!!!!!!

And alcoholized egg nog.

And Dude. Without a fork. And a singing Christmas tree.

Now THAT'S Christmas.

:angel:

Sounds like heaven.

Maybe we need to put little bitty antlers and a Rudolph nose on Arnold. He CAN fly, right??

Oiler41
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Perhaps they could fly around the room?

just sayin'

There is always hope,,,thinking I have a project to work on this coming year,,,

....:duct:

I knew I was in trouble when jaqueline said we have a main tree.

tree tally is now up to 7 and the neighbors have a very annoying outside one that
plays music :fudd:

:rudreindeer:

One in the front yard, one by the stairs, one by the fireplace,,not sure what is next,,just roll with it; let me know if you need help taking out the musical menace!

Dude,,you might as well surrender now. Trust me on this. Embrace it, accept it, and make it your friend, LOL. You two come visit again soon!

Pup,,I agree; After skipping Christmas last year, I'm so enjoying our first Christmas together and looking forward to many more! We still have some ornament shopping to do for the best ornament of all,,but not diamond studded,,okay?

Glynn

Dude
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
One in the front yard, one by the stairs, one by the fireplace,,not sure what is next,,just roll with it; let me know if you need help taking out the musical menace!

Dude,,you might as well surrender now. Trust me on this. Embrace it, accept it, and make it your friend, LOL. You two come visit again soon!

Glynn

the dahduttahduh dahduttahduh song could lead me into cannon ownership soon ..very soon. You might could knock on their door distract them and I could watch it sink into a deep muddy slumber until the end of time.

hmm I musta put the huge cornucopia on ignore...all that s left is a huge blank spot which I did indeed notice.

There are soo many santas ..in a boat,on a moose,in a sley,etc etc
and let us not forget the xmas pillows aplenty.

I so enjoyed meeting you and we would love to.
You are more than welcome to visit here any time you get a hankering to hear cows,donkeys,roosters or my studly son (">
I have a xmas potholder with all ya'lls names on it:knit:

Gemme
12-01-2009, 09:56 PM
There wasn't much holiday cheer in my house this morning. Molly (half Lab and half Dobie) decided to nibble on the Christmas tree again. Two nights ago, she ate all the candy canes on the bottom of the tree. This time, it was personal. She ate....ATE.....a big six-legged starfish (genuine and rather rare) wedding ornament. As it turns out, that was the last wedding ornament that had survived Molly LAST Christmas. :doghead:

I wonder if there will be two or just one dog waiting for me when I get home tonight? :dozey:

I, however, have TONS of cheer. I wash my delicates in it. :admin:

StillettoDoll
12-07-2010, 05:36 AM
Definately have Christmas cheer up in here!
Christmas tree up (Its red this year). Cards sent out..... Christmas music playing 247 in the garage. Outdoor light are up in the yard . Did 2 xmas festivals.
making Christmas soaps
Need to find a holiday table cloth and wreath. And some more ornaments
I really could use a christmas cookie.........

diamondrose
12-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Putting up the tree today. Already sent cards out!! I have been wraping gifts for various friends and family members!! Its getting super cold outside and the holiday rush is in full swing at work! This is my favorite time of the year!

QueenofSmirks
12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
I had planned to decorate and start addressing holiday cards last week, but just had too much going on. This week is busy too! Gonna have to wait for the weekend or even next week, but I'm looking forward to it! :)

Bit
12-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm in the middle of cards--got two lists done, started a third, am waiting for addresses on the fourth. I hoarded stamps all year, bought extra whenever I could, to get enough for this holiday season.

I bought a few Yule decorations this year at the dollar stores. Found metal--lots of jingle bells, especially--because even plastic is not safe from the "Jaws of Death" that is a year-old lab. :rolleyes:

Now I just need the energy oomph to get the tree up, and the outside lights as well.

princessbelle
12-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Christmas is hard this year having just lost my brother a few weeks ago.

Harder on my mom of course. She wasn't sure if she was going to put up a tree or not.

My son went over there yesterday and got it out for her and put it up...without the decorations on it. Thought we would let her decide.

Called her this morning...she is puttin on the decorations now :).

There will be a voice that is not there Christmas morning....a present that is not given.....a place at the Christmas breakfast table that is empty....The one that ALWAYS wore the santa hat not there........A smile that is missed....A beautiful spirit that is not seen first hand but that is felt.

Life goes on. :rrose:

MsTinkerbelly
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM
On Sunday we got out the decorations and went to pick out a tree to be flocked. My Amy has wanted a flocked tree for several years now, but my Mom wouldn't have one in her house....so we went to pick up the tree last night; flocked and so very beautiful.

Sunday was...a mixed bag of Mommy Dearest and poor pitiful me. We got out all the Christmas decorations, but there is nowhere to put most of the stuff! Same stuff, different house, no more Mom....sigh. Thank God I have a family that loves me...LOL

I have begun baking..yumbo, but to tell you the truth it is hard to be jolly, it is going to be 78 degees by the end of this week!! Ho ho ho:|

Greyson
12-07-2010, 03:09 PM
but to tell you the truth it is hard to be jolly, it is going to be 78 degees by the end of this week!! Ho ho ho:|

That is one thing I do not miss about living in Los Angeles, Christmas with Palm Trees and relatively warm weather.

I have not put up Christmas decorations for a few years now. I think maybe it is time. I love the Christmas Season. The music, the smells of the tree and homemade Christmas treats; the feel of crisp cold air on my ear lobes and face.

Sachita
12-07-2010, 03:53 PM
I really want a Christmas tree and enjoy decorating the fireplace but I have three cats from hell that enjoy opening drawers, taking stuff out of there and trash then tossing it about. I dont even want to think about the havoc they would wreck on a tree or shiny tinsel draped about.

I don't buy a lot of gifts but what I do I buy before thanksgiving. I will buy a big ass prime rib and cook dinner. I'll spend Mia, my granddaughters first christmas, at her house since she'll only be 9 days old.

I might make a lot of cookies and give them away real fast!

Leigh
12-07-2010, 04:14 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f355/angwbc/Christmas/acfce393.gif

Medusa
12-07-2010, 04:16 PM
We got our first Christmas card today!

Our tree is up and lit, presents have started arriving, recipes planned! WOOT!

DapperButch
12-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Christmas is hard this year having just lost my brother a few weeks ago.

Harder on my mom of course. She wasn't sure if she was going to put up a tree or not.

My son went over there yesterday and got it out for her and put it up...without the decorations on it. Thought we would let her decide.

Called her this morning...she is puttin on the decorations now :).

There will be a voice that is not there Christmas morning....a present that is not given.....a place at the Christmas breakfast table that is empty....The one that ALWAYS wore the santa hat not there........A smile that is missed....A beautiful spirit that is not seen first hand but that is felt.

Life goes on. :rrose:

princessbelle,

I am so sorry. I did not know that your brother passed away.

My father passed away this Spring and my maternal grandmother a couple of months ago.

It is going to be a tough Christmas.

My sister will not be in town this year, so it will just be me and mom. We have decided to change things up and she will come stay here at my house Xmas eve and then we will both go to my gf's for Christmas in the morning.

This way we will be doing nothing like we typically do every year. I don't want to see his empty place at the breakfast table on Christmas morning, and I don't want to notice the lack of ever present video camera in my face. I think this will help. You really might want to change some things up.

She does not want a tree and this is ok. It sounds like you guys made a good decision in putting up the tree, so that your mom had the option to decorate.

Hang in there. Know you can PM me if you want to talk.

DapperButch
12-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Will be doing the cutting down the Xmas tree/decorating this weekend with the gf and her son to put up at her house. :cuttree: I tend to never decorate my house.

Has always been a family tradition to go pick out your own tree and cut it down (at a Xmas tree farm). This is something I have carried on into my own life as an adult.

StillettoDoll
12-15-2010, 09:12 PM
10 more days!:smileyXmasTree::amsmiling::santa1::santa1: