PDA

View Full Version : New Movies

Jet
11-13-2009, 01:54 PM
This can be about newer movies you've seen or want to see. You rate them if you want.
I'll start this thread with a link to "Precious" for anyone who hasn't seen the trailer yet. This movie goes on my A-list for new movies coming out.

A must see....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/precious/medium.html

shadows papa
11-13-2009, 02:04 PM
I want to see 2012 and the movie coming out about Nelson Mandela, "Invictus". I am gonna break into my dime jar and pay money to see both at the theater!:eek:

Jet
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm adding that as well with Freeman and Damon.

apretty
11-13-2009, 03:04 PM
This can be about newer movies you've seen or want to see. You rate them if you want.
I'll start this thread with a link to "Precious" for anyone who hasn't seen the trailer yet. This movie goes on my A-list for new movies coming out.

A must see....

"Precious" opened today in Atlanta, fyi.

Gemme
01-07-2010, 08:20 PM
I want to see Avatar and Leap Year this weekend! One is a 'freebie' (XMAS pressie) for me, so that makes the double feature all that more special. :)

Semantics
01-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Tomorrow night I'm doing dinner and a movie with a group of friends. We are seeing The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (http://www.doctorparnassus.com/).

I can't wait to see Legion (http://www.legionmovie.com/). :)

violaine
01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/sep/10/fish-tank-review

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105964997

SuperFemme
01-15-2010, 12:21 PM
500 Days of Summer. :laundryday:

Gemme
01-15-2010, 07:45 PM
I am going moviewatching this weekend! I know I'm interested in Leap Year and Avatar. Are there any other recommendations for movies opening this weekend?

Jet
01-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Like I said in another thread, Precious ended up being one of the worst flicks I've ever seen.
2012 has stunning effects!

and I still want to see "The Box" and "Book of Eli"

SuperFemme
01-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I am going moviewatching this weekend! I know I'm interested in Leap Year and Avatar. Are there any other recommendations for movies opening this weekend?

Lovely Bones. A MUST see. OR a must read. You choose.

Rook
01-15-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm definitely putting aside for
Legion
&
Daybreakers...
Thinking about
Book of Eli
sounds good...
I slept thru half of Avatar, but I'll wait for the DVD {captioning}
Also looking forward to Alice in Wonderland {Tim Burton}

Gemme
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Like I said in another thread, Precious ended up being one of the worst flicks I've ever seen.
2012 has stunning effects!

and I still want to see "The Box" and "Book of Eli"

Legion
&
Daybreakers...
Thinking about
Book of Eli
sounds good...
I slept thru half of Avatar, but I'll wait for the DVD {captioning}
Also looking forward to Alice in Wonderland {Tim Burton}

Ah,yes! The Book of Eli looked good. Thanks.

Lovely Bones. A MUST see. OR a must read. You choose.

I want to see it, but I want to read the book first. Good choice! :thumbsup:

DapperButch
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I enjoyed both Avatar (3D version) and 2012.

Gemme
01-15-2010, 08:13 PM
I enjoyed both Avatar (3D version) and 2012.

2012! Thanks. :)

SuperFemme
01-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Just say NO to Armageodon movies.

Listen to R.E.M. instead. It's the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine.

apretty
01-16-2010, 12:14 AM
we watched inglourious basterds, tonight--i didn't love it.

sylvie
01-16-2010, 10:56 AM
i really want to see Lovely Bones - it looks wonderful.
and in Feb, there is a movie coming out called Dear John, looks really great too.

:-)

Andrew, Jr.
01-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Lovely Bones - from a book. True story. Great movie.

Rook
01-16-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm also keepin a heads-up for the remakes
Clash of the Titans

YouTube- 'Clash of the Titans' Trailer HD

&
Tron Legacy

YouTube- Tron Legacy Comic Con 2009 Movie Trailer [HD]

iamkeri1
01-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I saw The Book of Eli last night. The time of the movie I wanted to see had been listed wrong. The only one still to see from the beginning was Eli, so I went to it

I LOVED IT!!!

The acting was fantastic! Mila Kunis was a big surprise for me ... as always beautiful, but her acting was very convincing as well. She played Jackie in one of my favorite sitcoms "That 70's show." I always felt that she was probably a good actress, because NO ONE is like Jackie in real life, LOL. In Eli she knocked me out

Denzel, who has been one of my favorites since "St Elsewhere" in the 80's, was great as expected, and the story had several surprises, which I will, of course, not reveal here. I'd really like to get a discusion going on this movie because it I enjoyed it on so many different leels, but I'll wait to talk about it till more of you have seen it.

I am disappointed to hear you see that Prescious stunk. I have been waiting anxiously for it to be released. With such a great story line, how did they mess it up?
Smooches,
Keri

Sachita
01-16-2010, 05:09 PM
i really want to see Lovely Bones - it looks wonderful.
and in Feb, there is a movie coming out called Dear John, looks really great too.

:-)

Lovely Bones is a good movie. I loved it.

LadyRain
01-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I read Lovley bones a few years ago. Rented "All about Steve"..I really like Sandra Bullock. Odd thing was is how much Mary is like me! Feels like someone was followin me around makin notes lol...Rain..:rainsing:

Queerasfck
01-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Lovely Bones - from a book. True story. Great movie.

What I read is that the author Alice Sebald used some events in her life as an inspiration to write the Lovely Bones . When she was was a freshman in college she was raped and it led her to a life transformation. She learned that her rapist had killed a victim before her. Days after her rape she saw her rapist on the street. She then reported him to the police and he was arrested, she testified against him and he was convicted and received the maximum sentance. The book and the movie have some of these themes but not all.

Soon
01-16-2010, 06:43 PM
What I read is that the author Alice Sebald used some events in her life as an inspiration to write the Lovely Bones . When she was was a freshman in college she was raped and it led her to a life transformation. She learned that her rapist had killed a victim before her. Days after her rape she saw her rapist on the street. She then reported him to the police and he was arrested, she testified against him and he was convicted and received the maximum sentance. The book and the movie have some of these themes but not all.

She wrote a memoir about her rape; it's entitled, Lucky.

It's quite the read.

From Publishers WeeklyWhen Sebold, the author of the current bestseller The Lovely Bones, was a college freshman at Syracuse University, she was attacked and raped on the last night of school, forced onto the ground in a tunnel "among the dead leaves and broken beer bottles." In a ham-handed attempt to mollify her, a policeman later told her that a young woman had been murdered there and, by comparison, Sebold should consider herself lucky. That dubious "luck" is the focus of this fiercely observed memoir about how an incident of such profound violence can change the course of one's life. Sebold launches her memoir headlong into the rape itself, laying out its visceral physical as well as mental violence, and from there spins a narrative of her life before and after the incident, weaving memories of parental alcoholism together with her post-rape addiction to heroin. In the midst of each wrenching episode, from the initial attack to the ensuing courtroom drama, Sebold's wit is as powerful as her searing candor, as she describes her emotional denial, her addiction and even the rape (her first "real" sexual experience). She skillfully captures evocative moments, such as, during her girlhood, luring one of her family's basset hounds onto a blue silk sofa (strictly off-limits to both kids and pets) to nettle her father. Addressing rape as a larger social issue, Sebold's account reveals that there are clear emotional boundaries between those who have been victims of violence and those who have not, though the author attempts to blur these lines as much as possible to show that violence touches many more lives than solely the victim's.
Copyright 2002 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Soft*Silver
01-16-2010, 07:03 PM
I just saw this movie yesterday. It does not follow the book completely but the changes were more suited for the movie screen. I thought the way they showed the other world was ingenious and very moody and charismatic. The girl who plays Suzie Salmon is an incredible actress and she really tore open the wounds of the character so we could see what was in turmoil of the dead. It IS a chick flick but I think its a great date movie.

Many people in the audience stated they were disappointed. The marketing hype didnt match the energy of the movie. I do know this is one movie where you could NOT read the book and still get the entire movie. On a different note, I am glad they did not show her rape and murder. It would have been very hard on some people to witness on screen, what was written in the book...

Soon
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
The Lovely Bones
After the rape and murder,
the really cool part starts
(http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100113/REVIEWS/100119992&template=printart)
Release Date: 2010

Ebert Rating: *½

By Roger Ebert Jan 13, 2010

"The Lovely Bones" is a deplorable film with this message: If you're a 14-year-old girl who has been brutally raped and murdered by a serial killer, you have a lot to look forward to. You can get together in heaven with the other teenage victims of the same killer, and gaze down in benevolence upon your family members as they mourn you and realize what a wonderful person you were. Sure, you miss your friends, but your fellow fatalities come dancing to greet you in a meadow of wildflowers, and how cool is that?

The makers of this film seem to have given slight thought to the psychology of teenage girls, less to the possibility that there is no heaven, and none at all to the likelihood that if there is one, it will not resemble a happy gathering of new Facebook friends. In its version of the events, the serial killer can almost be seen as a hero for liberating these girls from the tiresome ordeal of growing up and dispatching them directly to the Elysian Fields. The film's primary effect was to make me squirmy.

It's based on the best-seller by Alice Sebold that everybody seemed to be reading a couple of years ago. I hope it's not faithful to the book; if it is, millions of Americans are scary. The murder of a young person is a tragedy, the murderer is a monster, and making the victim a sweet, poetic narrator is creepy. This movie sells the philosophy that even evil things are God's will, and their victims are happier now. Isn't it nice to think so. I think it's best if they don't happen at all. But if they do, why pretend they don't hurt? Those girls are dead.

I'm assured, however, that Sebold's novel is well-written and sensitive. I presume the director, Peter Jackson, has distorted elements to fit his own "vision," which involves nearly as many special effects in some sequences as his "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. A more useful way to deal with this material would be with observant, subtle performances in a thoughtful screenplay. It's not a feel-good story. Perhaps Jackson's team made the mistake of fearing the novel was too dark. But its millions of readers must know it's not like this. The target audience might be doom-besotted teenage girls -- the "Twilight" crowd.

The owner of the lovely bones is named Susie Salmon (Saoirse Ronan, a very good young actress, who cannot be faulted here). The heaven Susie occupies looks a little like a Flower Power world in the kind of fantasy that, murdered in 1973, she might have imagined. Seems to me that heaven, by definition outside time and space, would have neither colors nor a lack of colors -- would be a state with no sensations. Nor would there be thinking there, let alone narration. In an eternity spent in the presence of infinite goodness, you don't go around thinking, "Man! Is this great!" You simply are. I have a lot of theologians on my side here.

But no. From her movie-set Valhalla, Susie gazes down as her mother (Rachel Weisz) grieves and her father (Mark Wahlberg) tries to solve the case himself. There's not much of a case to solve; we know who the killer is almost from the get-go, and, under the Law of Economy of Characters that's who he has to be, because (a) he's played by an otherwise unnecessary movie star, and (b) there's no one else in the movie it could be.

Here's something bittersweet. Weisz and Wahlberg are effective as the parents. Because the pyrotechnics are mostly upstairs with the special effects, all they need to be are convincing parents who have lost their daughter. This they do with touching subtlety. We also meet one of Susie's grandmothers (Susan Sarandon), an unwise drinker who comes on to provide hard-boiled comic relief, in the Shakespearean tradition that every tragedy needs its clown. Well, she's good, too. This whole film is Jackson's fault.

It doesn't fail simply because I suspect its message. It fails on its own terms. It isn't emotionally convincing that this girl, having had these experiences and destined apparently to be 14 forever (although cleaned up and with a new wardrobe), would produce this heavenly creature. What's left for us to pity? We should all end up like her, and the sooner the better; preferably not after being raped and murdered.

Jet
01-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Bravo Ebert

Leigh
01-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I read Lovley bones a few years ago. Rented "All about Steve"..I really like Sandra Bullock. Odd thing was is how much Mary is like me! Feels like someone was followin me around makin notes lol...Rain..:rainsing:

I absolutely LOVED that movie "All About Steve"! Sandra plays a quirky but loveable character who also reminded Me alot of Myself too, and ultimately showed Me that no matter who we are we should NEVER change for anyone. We are who we are and to be anything other then ourselves is cheating us out of giving the world something special ........... the gift of us :D

I went to see Sherlock Holmes last night and I LOVED it :thumbsup:

Diva
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm watching the Golden Globes right now....and there are many movies I have added to my list, just based on what I'm seeing here tonight!!

I need a date!! :dance1:

Andrew, Jr.
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
"Taking Chance" with Kevin Bacon is a must see. I saw this with my Godfather before he died. He was in both the Korean & Vietnam Wars.

Andrew, Jr.
01-19-2010, 01:52 PM
"The Hurt Locker" was good. I recommend this movie as well.

Jet
01-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Being a WWII history buff, Ive watched Valkyrie about 10 times now. Colonel vonStaffenberg's (sp) wife just died in 2006. He had a lot of courage plotting and leading the 15th attempt to kill Hitler. Great movie with Tom Cruise.

Andrew, Jr.
01-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Jet,

That was a good movie. I also enjoy "Band of Brothers" by HBO. Just awesome.

always2late
01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Jet,

That was a good movie. I also enjoy "Band of Brothers" by HBO. Just awesome.

"Band of Brothers" was incredible! I was glued to HBO when it was on. I really do have to buy the box set one of these days. I thought it was fantastic.

Jet
01-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Avatar' Officially Overtakes 'Titanic'
For Global Box Office Record With $1.85 Billion

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/avatar-officially-overtakes-titanic-global-box-office-record-with-185-billion

Gemme
01-27-2010, 12:05 AM
I finally saw Avatar and loved it. I think it's a testiment to his brilliance that the two most grossing movies of all time have come from the depths of the same human being. Either that or he sold his soul. :blink:

Jet
01-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson is next on my "see" list.

Thriller-suspense fan here.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/29/mel-gibson-considers-how-edge-of-darkness-stands-apart-from-his-other-revenge-movies/

Jess
01-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Can't wait to see the new Wolfman! Love Sir Anthony Hopkins

Soft*Silver
01-29-2010, 07:49 PM
I am boycotting all of Mel Gibson's movies. His hypocracy is fueled with self righteousness of a man who uses his religion as a judgemental weapon to hurt other people while he himself is with sin. There is a call out there for people to boycott him....and by god, my god, I am going to....

Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson is next on my "see" list.

Thriller-suspense fan here.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/29/mel-gibson-considers-how-edge-of-darkness-stands-apart-from-his-other-revenge-movies/

Soft*Silver
01-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Can't wait to see the new Wolfman! Love Sir Anthony Hopkins

WHAT? He is in a new movie? When?

BornBronson
02-07-2010, 03:57 PM
"The Hurt Locker" was good. I recommend this movie as well.

I recommend that one also,it's a good one.

sylvie
02-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Dear John is finally out in theatres...
my daughter and i will be going to see it within the next week!
it looks soo good, i'm getting anxious!

Soft*Silver
02-09-2010, 07:03 AM
I have finally seen commercials for the movie with Hopkins in it. I do plan on going to see it...but not this weekend. We are going to get hit hard again with the snow...sighing...

Duchess
02-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Legion is Awesome..:fallenangel:

Jess
02-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Legion is Awesome..:fallenangel:

Def wanna see that one!

BestButchBoy
02-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Picture this, snowed in, got plenty of food---a computer, a tv with cable and on demand...

Couples Retreat

Very amusing thanks to Vince Vaughn---albeit not as clever or good as the original collaboration of Vaughn and Jon Favreau. Nice eye candy!

Soon
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Up In the Air

(well worth seeing...it's nominated too for Best Picture!)

I really really really liked it!
:clap:

sylvie
02-14-2010, 08:50 PM
had a bit of a movie day yesterday, older & new..

the lovely bones - wonderful movie ..
obsessed - really liked it
fame - finally got to see it, didnt like it as much as the original.
the hangover - liked it but then got bored and stopped watching 3/4 of the way through it.

still havent seen Dear John yet, but really want to...though i keep hearing its not as good as expected.

Soft*Silver
02-14-2010, 10:26 PM
went to see Avatar...was totally blown away....now I know how the Star Wars generation felt when they saw it for the first time on the big screen.

I want one of those blue horses!

Jet
02-20-2010, 10:43 PM
well, i asked my good pal, Mel if she wanted to go see Shutter Island from Marty Scorcese and co. but she said she's too skeered.

Andrew, Jr.
02-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Couples Retreat was good - BBB! Thanks for the recommendation! And yes, to the eye candy! :goodscore:

Amelia was ok. Hillary Swank is one of my favs, so I had to see this.

Soft*Silver
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM
OH! I cant wait to go see it!!! I havent been scared in a movie since the exorcist!

well, i asked my good pal, Mel if she wanted to go see Shutter Island from Marty Scorcese and co. but she said she's too skeered.

Jet
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I have a lot of catching up to do with Hurt Locker, Blind Side etc. But next on my list at the Theater is The Ghost Writer with Pierce Brosnan. i'm a long time fan of Roman Polanski and i like this genre.

Synopsis
When a successful British ghost writer, THE GHOST, agrees to complete the memoirs of former British Prime Minister ADAM LANG, his agent assures him it’s the opportunity of a lifetime. But the project seems doomed from the start—not least because his predecessor on the project, Lang’s long—term aide, died in an unfortunate accident. The Ghost flies out to work on the project, in the middle of winter, to an oceanfront house on an island off the U.S. Eastern seaboard. But the day after he arrives, a former British cabinet minister accuses Lang of authorizing the illegal seizure of suspected terrorists and handing them over for torture by the CIA—a war crime. The controversy brings reporters and protesters swarming to the island mansion where Lang is staying with his wife, RUTH, and his personal assistant (and mistress), AMELIA. As The Ghost works, he begins to uncover clues suggesting his predecessor may have stumbled on a dark secret linking Lang to the CIA—and that somehow this information is hidden in the manuscript he left behind. Was Lang in the service of the American intelligence agency while he was prime minister? And was The Ghost’s predecessor murdered because of the appalling truth he uncovered? Resonating with topical themes, this atmospheric and suspenseful political thriller is a story of deceit and betrayal on every level— sexual, political and literary. In a world in which nothing, and no one, is as it seems, The Ghost quickly discovers that the past can be deadly—and that history is decided by whoever stays alive to write it.

Trailer
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/summit/theghostwriter/

Jet
05-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Mongolian death worms set loose on TV.
SyFy's newest B flick.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/sean-patrick-flanery-seeks-treasure-in-syfys-mongolian-death-worms--1216

iamkeri1
06-08-2010, 09:38 PM
At the "cheapie movie" near us this week-end we saw the movie "Cop Out." I really only went because "the guys" wanted to go, but I was happy I did. It was hysterical.... I laughed through the whole thing. Pretty sick since it was a "shoot em up - gangster" type of flick" but funny nonetheless.

Rent the video!
Smooches,
Keri

Jet
06-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Just saw The Box
whew! wierd.

LotusFlower
06-19-2010, 07:31 PM
How about Killers, A Team, Sex and the City 2, Toy Story 3?

Gemme
06-19-2010, 09:05 PM
How about Killers, A Team, Sex and the City 2, Toy Story 3?

Toy Story, all the way.

Jet
06-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Not totally, but The Lovely Bones is what I watched today.
Really well done, i think. Susan Serandon is a stealer.

waxnrope
06-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Toy Story, all the way.

I agree! Toy Story was wonderful!

waxnrope
06-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I've heard from several people that Karate Kid is really good. Anyone here see it? I'm going to Europe before dawn on Wednesday, and doubt that I'll have time to see it before I get back.

Andrew, Jr.
06-20-2010, 05:28 PM
I want to see Toy Story 3.

I saw Sex in the City 2. I enjoyed it. I think it got bad reviews from so many because of the gay theme in it. Otherwise, I will be buying this as a Xmas present for my sister.

:wine: Cheers!

cane
06-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Saw Sex and the city 2 this week end, OMG OMG OMG

that was boring! Wife owes me BIG time for this one! If they ever make nr 3, I will keep the divorce dokuments handy if she tries to make me go.... Usually I just fall asleep when it's her time to pick the movie, but this movie was so boring I didn't get sleepy, I just got angry! AAAAARRRG!

Gemme
06-20-2010, 11:55 PM
I've heard from several people that Karate Kid is really good. Anyone here see it? I'm going to Europe before dawn on Wednesday, and doubt that I'll have time to see it before I get back.

I want to see it. Jayden Smith has the breeding to be a good actor and a future ladies man. Besides, who doesn't like Jackie Chan and a kick ass movie about kicking ass?

Tonight, I got roped into watching Shutter Island. I know, I know. It's not "new" new, but is "new to me" new. It was Martin Scorsese does Sixth Sense. Not a bad effort, though, in the realm of twisted little mind fucks.

Jet
06-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Not new , but saw The Book of Eli.

Jet
06-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Not exactly new, but watching The Mist.

I really like Marcia Gaye Hardin.....but NOT in this. I cant stand her character in this movie—a dangerous fanatic.

storyofmylife
06-24-2010, 07:59 AM
I saw the A-Team and it was good. Also i really like Just Right ... saw it three times already!

Soon
06-24-2010, 08:02 AM
I want to see this but may have to wait until it comes out on DVD (selected theaters only).

http://www.mormonproposition.com/

m76isUF49P8

...Mormons account for 2% of the population in California, but they contributed over 71% of the money to pass Prop 8.

Jet
06-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I like Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson. Kind of a 2010 version of Silkwood.

Enchantress
06-27-2010, 10:33 PM
This isn't a *new movie*, however it is worth seeing. "Up In The Air" quite moving actually. Stick it in your Netflix queue.

Gemme
06-27-2010, 10:41 PM
I saw Edge of Darkness and She's Out of My League and Green Zone and liked them.

AtLast
06-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Took some time to see Toy Story III. Was in the mood for light and airy. Enjoyed it.

Jet
06-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Besides, who doesn't like Jackie Chan and a kick ass movie about kicking ass?

i don't...........

Gemme
06-28-2010, 12:11 AM
i don't...........

Well then, obviously, you won't go see that movie.

Jet
07-04-2010, 03:11 PM
JULIANNE MOORE
ANNETT BENING

The Kids Are All Right

Comedy about two mothers who are lesbians. Looks like a fun movie.

RixlpHKfb6M

SmoothButch
08-16-2010, 03:57 PM
We just saw Eat, Pray, Love and I enjoyed watching it.

We also saw Salt a couple of weeks ago and I thought that was totally badass, Angelina rocked the hotness

EnderD_503
08-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Saw Inception a few weeks ago. Amazing movie and definitely want to see it again. Recommend it.

Really want to see the Expendables. Arnie, Stallone, Randy Couture, Steve Austin and Jet Li all in the same movie? Epic... :|

scootebaby
08-16-2010, 09:15 PM
wanna see The Expendables just bc of the incredible cast...however i also wanna see Vampires Suck,bc it looks funny as hell...im a big horror/gore buff,and i definitely wanna see The Last Exorcism--prolly will ahve to go alone bc my gf doesnt like that stuff(and i really dont see paying for her to bury her head in my armpit..lol) and my son isnt into it

Inception was good

Reign Over Me--an OLD moive with Adam Sandler was awesome...i highly recommend it if you havent seen it...but take a lot of tissues! personally i think it is the BEST movie Adam has done!

EnderD_503
08-22-2010, 02:33 PM
The cast of the Expendables could easily take out an entire army. Still haven't seen it, though. I need to.

Also want to see the Last Exorcism.

Saw Green Zone yesterday, finally. Great movie if you're into action/war films, which I am so I enjoyed it. Not earthshattering, but still worth seeing.

Also saw Invictus, which I definitely recommend. They made Morgan Freeman look like Mandela's identical twin. When the film first started I thought they must have filmed it 15 years ago and had Mandela himself star in it. Really great movie.

lipstixgal
08-22-2010, 05:16 PM
I saw lots of movies from my bedroom tv on encore and starz. lets see District 9 which was good, Bedtime stories with Adam Sandler and Stepfather saw the orginal so that was like a repeat for me. NOthing in the movies theater wait until they come out on DVD or just watch on tv!!

EnderD_503
08-22-2010, 05:31 PM
@lipstixgal, so you'd recommend District 9? I'd heard mixed reviews of it when it came out and wasn't sure if I should see it or not.

chefhottie25
08-25-2010, 02:59 PM
i am not sure how new it is...but it was in new releases...the lovely bones.
what a beautiful movie. i have never read the book, but i hear it is great.

JinxdGirl
08-25-2010, 03:32 PM

A must see....

I read Push before I saw Precious. They both hurt my heart and gave me hope for my own future.

Legion
&
Daybreakers...

Alice in Wonderland {Tim Burton}
Seen all three and enjoyed them thoroughly. Did you? Thoughts?

we watched inglourious basterds, tonight--i didn't love it.
I felt the same, I was disappointed greatly. Tarantino is apparently also allowed an off day, though I wish otherwise. No matter, I'll most likely watch the next one when he gets around to doing another.

JinxdGirl
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Hot Tub Time Machine (http://www.redbox.com/Titles/AvailableTitles.aspx#Detail&page=1&sort=1&titleId=3503&pageSize=10&genreID=-1) : Laughed a lot .. B+

The Fourth Kind (http://www.redbox.com/Titles/AvailableTitles.aspx#Detail&page=1&sort=1&titleId=3158&pageSize=10&genreID=-1) : Creeptastic, seriously disturbing at some points .. A-

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/) : I <3 anything Wolverine .. B

Sutures (http://www.redbox.com/Titles/AvailableTitles.aspx#Detail&page=1&sort=3&titleId=3517&titleName=wolverine&pageSize=10&genreID=-1): Snoozefest and I'd like to find the director, writer and sound guy and slap them all .. F-

Inglorious Basterds (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/) : So much promise, so little delivered. It's about 1.5 hours too long .. C

Babysitter Wanted (http://www.redbox.com/Titles/AvailableTitles.aspx#Detail&page=1&sort=1&titleId=3436&pageSize=10&genreID=-1) : Surprisingly decent. Not your average babysitter horror flick .. B-

Repo Men (http://www.redbox.com/Titles/AvailableTitles.aspx#Detail&page=1&sort=1&titleId=3238&pageSize=10&genreID=-1) : Liked it enough to watch in twice in 24 hours. A

Andrew, Jr.
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Adam

The Pacific

Green Zone

Inception

The Kids are Alright

Love Ranch

Splice

Salt

How to Train Your Dragon

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

sylvie
01-27-2011, 11:05 AM
i really want to see Gnomeo & Juliet
comes out Feb 11th

*smiles*
uHMN-EALMc8

and of course THIS!
but this one doesn't come out til August i think!
*sniffle*

cZb5_ugLiFg

Sparkle
01-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Loved: True Grit

Liked A Lot: Never Let Me Go (a bit odd and creepy but very well made and sweet)

Excited to See: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, I Love You Phillip Morris, The King's Speech and Black Swan

Disliked: The Social Network (why in the world has it garnered so much praise? I just don't get it, it is good - but nothing strikes me as exceptional)

foxyshaman
01-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Saw the Rabbit Hole last night... ah yeah... nope would not see it again and I would not recommend it. :sunglass:

Going to see True Grit on Saturday... loves me a good western!!! :hangloose:

PinkieLee
01-27-2011, 11:44 AM
We saw Season of the Witch last week... it was ok. Most of the movie was pretty good, but the ending was kinda corny.

I am looking forward to seeing The Rite (with Anthony Hopkins) when it comes out Friday!

durrrrrrrr
02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I just seen the movie "just go with it"

very funny movie. I recommend this to y'all

Chancie
02-20-2011, 03:51 PM
We just rented The Kids Are All Right (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0842926/).

Has anyone else seen it?

I'd be curious to hear what you think.

Queerasfck
02-20-2011, 04:40 PM

Has anyone else seen it?

We saw it and we both loved it. I thought all of it was really well written and the acting was great. Annette Bening gave a fantastic performance. I think she is going to get the best actress Oscar.

Two thumbs up Chancie!

Tommi
02-20-2011, 04:54 PM

Has anyone else seen it?

Yes. Great movie. Benning is fantastic. Saw it on DVD, then on the Big Ccreen yesterday

Yesterday went to AMC OSCAR Nominee Movie Marathon with a friend at 10:30 Am and got out after 9 PM..and saw, in this order

Toy Story 3 - Best of the 3..

127 Hours - Powerful Performance.On the edge of my seat at times

The Kids Are Alright - The Best

True Grit- Slow starter for me

The Fighter - I was happily surprised. Awesome interaction/Cast of Characters, based on True Story and yesterday, it was my favorite.

Next Saturday see the other 5 Oscar Nominees..Unlimited popcorn too. Then we went bar hopping till 1AM and saw Corday, my favorite performer at Lucilles's.:seeingstars:

www.Corday.net

lipstixgal
02-20-2011, 04:57 PM
@lipstixgal, so you'd recommend District 9? I'd heard mixed reviews of it when it came out and wasn't sure if I should see it or not.

Yes definitely see District 9 it is worth its always on Starz or Encore...

iamkeri1
08-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I saw Spiderman this afternoon. Love them hero movies. Also I found a really cool graphic and wanted to use it.
Smooches,
Keri

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/animations/s/spiderman-873.gif

homoe
12-28-2018, 05:52 PM
TYnITeDfaA4

Not released yet!

homoe
12-28-2018, 05:54 PM
8ZwgoVmILQU

Coming soon!

homoe
05-23-2020, 06:44 AM
"Taking Chance" with Kevin Bacon is a must see. I saw this with my Godfather before he died. He was in both the Korean & Vietnam Wars.

This was VERY GOOD indeed...........

homoe
05-23-2020, 06:50 AM
JULIANNE MOORE
ANNETT BENING

The Kids Are All Right

Comedy about two mothers who are lesbians. Looks like a fun movie.

RixlpHKfb6M

I just never thought this movie rang true especially when it came to one of the lesbian sleeping/having sex with the kid's dad!

homoe
12-23-2021, 05:40 AM
Hot filmmakers of the moment....:movieguy:

https://www.timeout.com/film/the-50-coolest-filmmakers-in-the-world-right-now

homoe
01-09-2022, 10:57 AM
~~
The Tender Bar....

GREAT music, but for the most part I didn't care for it! :popcorn:

homoe
05-23-2022, 08:36 AM
'Top Gun' and Tom Cruise return to the danger zone.......

Instead of showing these characters at their favorite waterhole as in the previous Top Gun, perhaps they'll show them rubbing liniment on their aching joints in this one......:giggle:

homoe
05-30-2022, 06:22 AM
Elvis (2022 film) by Director Baz Luhrmann

REALLY?? IS there anything we already don't know about Elvis?

IMHO Hollywood had at least a year and a half, due to the pandemic, to search and shift through various submitted scripts and the best they came up, by the looks of all they studio hype, with is this AND a new Top Gun!?

homoe
06-02-2022, 07:06 AM
Andy Garcia for the 3rd remake of Father Of The Bride........

It's just one NEW & FRESH idea after another from Hollywood..:movieguy:

homoe
06-02-2022, 07:17 AM

With all of Hollywood's recent creative endeavors, can another movie about the titanic be far behind!?

homoe
06-02-2022, 07:42 AM
Elvis (2022 film) by Director Baz Luhrmann

REALLY?? IS there anything we already don't know about Elvis?

IMHO Hollywood had at least a year and a half, due to the pandemic, to search and shift through various submitted scripts and the best they came up, by the looks of all they studio hype, with is this AND a new Top Gun!?

I loved the King as much as the next guy, BUT give me a break...

cathexis
06-03-2022, 02:47 AM
'Top Gun' and Tom Cruise return to the danger zone.......

Instead of showing these characters at their favorite waterhole as in the previous Top Gun, perhaps they'll show them rubbing liniment on their aching joints in this one......:giggle:

Homoe, have you gotten to "Maverick" yet? I haven't been out of the apt. socially for about 3 years, but this one has me tempted.

Has anyone else been to the flick?

homoe
06-03-2022, 05:46 AM
Homoe, have you gotten to "Maverick" yet? I haven't been out of the apt. socially for about 3 years, but this one has me tempted.

Has anyone else been to the flick?

Sorry, no I have not.

I'm so disgusted by the movie industry'a lack of creativity and their releasing of MORE prequels, MORE sequels, and MORE re-makes instead of taking a chance with something original and new that it'll be some time before I'll be venturing out to a movie theater......:popcorn:

homoe
06-03-2022, 06:05 AM
With all of Hollywood's recent creative endeavors, can another movie about the titanic be far behind!?

Yes, I meant sarcasm....but ya know, when it comes to the movie industry, nothing would shock me at this point..:movieguy:

I'll get off my soapbox now REGARDING my disgust with Hollywood and the movie industry in general!

It just irks me because I knew several writers when I worked at the video store who tried and tried to get their stories to either studios or indivuals and never had any luck.

homoe
06-03-2022, 02:04 PM
Yes, I meant sarcasm....but ya know, when it comes to the movie industry, nothing would shock me at this point..:movieguy:

I'll get off my soapbox now REGARDING my disgust with Hollywood and the movie industry in general!

It just irks me because I knew several writers when I worked at the video store who tried and tried to get their stories to either studios or indivuals and never had any luck.

P.S.

Thanks to everyone for their patiences while I ranted on and on!

cathexis
06-07-2022, 03:48 AM
Sorry, no, I have not.

I'm so disgusted by the movie industry'a lack of creativity and their releasing of MORE prequels, MORE sequels, and MORE re-makes instead of taking a chance with something original and new that it'll be some time before I'll be venturing out to a movie theater......:popcorn:

It's not like the "Star Trek" series where none of the original actors were in the last one (or couple). and walked out of the "Enterprise" first movie. It was NOT the Enterprise, there were none of the original actors, and lastly, they tried to act like Spock had not died. They just had a new, younger version without a storyline to explain.

The whole party I was with (all Trekkies) came to the same conclusion at the same time and walked out en masse. This must have been in the late 80s.
They really pushed it on the sequel frontier.

I'll give "Maverick" a chance to prove itself, maybe.

homoe
06-17-2022, 08:31 PM

This movie must of cost a pretty penny to make~

homoe
06-17-2022, 08:35 PM
Never happened!

Now my wish would be a sequel to The Break-Up (2006)