PDA

View Full Version : Free or cheap finds!

Soft*Silver
11-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I love freecycle, craigs list, thrift stores, garage sales, fleas, etc. Here is where we can post what our "real finds" are...!!!

This week I got five huge boxes of brand new still in the original cartons grouping of Christmas decorations..>FREE...freecycle

and

a used but still in great shape 8' folding metal banquet table...FREE....Craigs list

and

a large box of leftover fabric (about 75 yards of various pieces of material)...FREE....freecycle

and

a 3' used but couldnt tell, bookcase and 2 brand new kitchen stools....FREE craigs list

and

a wing back paisley chair with wooden legs, in good used condition from an animal free smoke free home...FREE craigs list

Deborah
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I love freecycle, craigs list, thrift stores, garage sales, fleas, etc. Here is where we can post what our "real finds" are...!!!

This week I got five huge boxes of brand new still in the original cartons grouping of Christmas decorations..>FREE...freecycle

and

a used but still in great shape 8' folding metal banquet table...FREE....Craigs list

and

a large box of leftover fabric (about 75 yards of various pieces of material)...FREE....freecycle

and

a 3' used but couldnt tell, bookcase and 2 brand new kitchen stools....FREE craigs list

and

a wing back paisley chair with wooden legs, in good used condition from an animal free smoke free home...FREE craigs list

Wow a wing back chair FREE good find! I hate that we dont live closer I need a junking companion....your my kinda friend...I love a bargain, cheap or free!

WolfyOne
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM
My solid wood computer desk came from freecycle. It's small, has doors that close in front, a slide out shelve for a printer, a filing drawer, a small shelve to toss things on and a place to hide my CPU along with a slider out for my keyboard. It was in great shape when I picked it up. Personally, I think it's perfect for me and what I need from a desk.............I adore freecycle, but things in my area go so quickly.

Soft*Silver
02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Wow a wing back chair FREE good find! I hate that we dont live closer I need a junking companion....your my kinda friend...I love a bargain, cheap or free!

You are going to hate me....but I also got two beautiful trellises, one still in the box! FREE from craigs list....

and a really nice exercise bike from the trailer park that I live in. Someone left it and I had a "call out" there for one...and yep..it landed in my hands!

I also picked up two 10 lb weights tobuild up my arms again. These came from freecycle.

I LOVE garage sales....I cant wait for the summer to hit!

Abigail Crabby
02-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I looooooooove Craigslist - but not as much as freecycle.

Some of the free stuff on CL is junk - but you can find some good stuff if you have the time to drive on over and check it out.

I love freecyle because it's always free and it's usually something someone needs.

Gemme
02-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Between Freecycle and Craig's List, I've very nearly furnished a two bedroom apartment. A few years ago, I got a perfectly good smoker grill for free. We just had to go get it. Accessories and a cover, though a bit rough, were included.

Spring and summer offers the best yard/garage/rummage sales, but around here...they go on all year long. I've seen some amazing deals!

BestButchBoy
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm cheap, but I'm not easy. Oh wait, I'm not cheap either.

Sorry. Just couldn't help myself.

deathbypoem
02-17-2014, 01:33 PM
In the past few weeks I have gotten all the below listed for free

shampoo
conditioner
hair gel
deodorant
food
4 organic food items
cat litter
cat food