PDA

View Full Version : Random question for the butches...

Lost_punk_boi
04-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I know a lot of people that are butch that are entertainers (drag kings) and I'm just wondering if any of ya'll are?

I know I'm a trans man, but it seems like the majority of those I have met with this same passion lean more towards butch than trans. If I'm over-stepping my boundaries I'm sorry and no offense its just I love meeting others that do this as well and exchange ideas/experiences ectra!

DapperButch
04-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I know a lot of people that are butch that are entertainers (drag kings) and I'm just wondering if any of ya'll are?

I know I'm a trans man, but it seems like the majority of those I have met with this same passion lean more towards butch than trans. If I'm over-stepping my boundaries I'm sorry and no offense its just I love meeting others that do this as well and exchange ideas/experiences ectra!

I believe that Jaques did some drag king work at some point. You could try PMming him. He is trans.

tommyboy66
04-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Woman are drawn to butches..

When a butch walks into a room..
Women know you're there..!

Tommyboy66
Boston

DapperButch
04-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Tommyboy66
Boston

Ok, so I don't at all understand what you are trying to say here? How does this relate to the topic? Seriously, I am confused. :|

The_Lady_Snow
04-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Tommyboy66
Boston

Not ALL women are attracted to butches, some of us like other genders and such...

Quintease
04-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Most of the Drag Kings I've known weren't butch or trans, nor did they need to be to do it well. Drag is entertainment, it's about the secret little boy-king fairy you have in your head, not who you are when you wake up in the morning.

Xavi
04-27-2011, 07:25 AM
I don't drag, but I've been interested in the idea ever since my girlfriend told me that I remind her of James Dean. ;-)

I feel like that would definitely count as drag, because I identify as a masculine woman and I would be in character as a masculine man, but for some reason I feel like if I dragged as a feminine character it would be more drag, if that makes sense.

I think it's because dragging as someone like Marilyn Monroe is more different from how I experience my own self. I agree with Quintease, it's not about who you are when you wake up, though.

Lost_punk_boi
04-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I just brought this up in the butch thread because the majority of the kings I know identify as butch. I've only asked because I enjoy talking and discussing shop with other kings regardless of their sexual preference or gender identity! I have a friend that is more gender queer than trans, but is a gay boi that does drag as well. -shrugs-