PDA

View Full Version : Help me!

Quintease
04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
I have writers block and it's gone beyond ridiculous now. What should I do?

So far I've been told to:

Eat all the food in my house
Stare at the wall
Phone all my friends
Lock myself in my room
Write anything/rubbish, as long as it's 300 words a day
Deprive myself of food until its done
Use pen and paper
Talk it into a Dictaphone
Write fiction instead

None of them have worked! What am I doing wrong? :confused:

wolfbittenpoet
04-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Your stressing too much.
Write don't care about the word count. Don't care if it makes sense. Even if it's 50 words about the sociological impact of butterflies on humanity.
Forget about delete or backspace. They are the bane of the blocked.
If it not a necessary piece with a deadline step away from it. Approach the topic again with some different insights.
If it is a deadline piece screw writers block sit down and write. Then have someone else look at the piece. If it is readable comprehensible and understandable go with it.
Do no overedit yourself.

Gemme
04-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Go to the 9Words Poetry thread. If you don't see any word lists that inspire you, then just read some of the other folks' work. I tend to be a referential writer myself, so that usually stokes a bit of the written flame for me.

Good luck and try not to put so much pressure on yourself.

The_Lady_Snow
04-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Masturbate, have sex or do something that will give a grand orgasm? It should clear your mind and help.

Apocalipstic
04-14-2011, 10:27 AM
What Snow said, then chill and start writing!

DamselFly
04-14-2011, 10:37 AM
as a writer who has developed writer's block myself, i can offer these suggestions, which might or might not work. myself, i go into nature, meditate, talk to a friend, have a cup of cha, and then write. anything. everything. eventually something coheres, and the flow comes. i do thing everyday, until i can write what i want/need to. hope this helps!
namaste,
DamselFly :moonstars:

Miss Scarlett
04-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Soft, hypnotic music helps...i was given a wonderful cd last weekend and cannot believe the things that have sprung from my pen while listening to it...

And you are definitely stressing too much. When i have to pull a complex legal document out of thin air i just start writing...doesn't have to make sense...the statute is in front of me as my guide...then i walk away from it for a while...a fresh look always helps...

Quintease
04-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Eeek, I've actually been WRITING! Real words on a document!!! So thank you for all of your support *does happy dance*

and I found this --> http://threeguysonebook.com/50-things-a-writer-shouldnt-do