PDA

View Full Version : Hypertension

Goo
04-14-2011, 05:06 PM
just wondering if there were any natural ways to lower blood pressure? Any ideas will be much appreciated.

DomnNC
04-14-2011, 05:22 PM
•Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
There is some evidence that the supplement CoQ10 may help to reduce high blood pressure.

A 12 week double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 83 people with systolic hypertension examined the effect of CoQ10 supplements (60 mg twice daily). After the 12 weeks, there was a mean reduction in systolic blood pressure of 17.8 mm Hg in the Coq10-treated group.

Another study conducted at the University of Western Australia looked at the effect of CoQ10 on blood pressure and glycemic control in 74 people with type 2 diabetes. Participants were randomly assigned to receive either 100mg CoQ10 twice daily, 200mg of the drug fenfibrate, both, or neither for 12 weeks.

CoQ10 significantly reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressure(mean reduction 6.1 mm Hg and 2.9 mm Hg respectively). There was also a reduction in HbA1C, a marker for long-term glycemic control.
To learn more about CoQ10, read the Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) fact sheet.

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/supplements/a/CoenzymeQ10.htm

http://www.prevention.com/lowerbloodpressurenaturally/index.shtml

princessbelle
04-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Don't know if you are under a doctors care or not andddddddd don't mean to preach but.....

You need to (if you haven't) seek medical treatment first and foremost prior to using home remedies.

High blood pressure is a SYMPTOM of a potential underlying problem.

The top or systolic reading is the amount of pressure the heart executes to pump out blood. The bottom or diastolic reading is when the heart is resting and filling back up.

Loads and loads of reasons can cause these numbers to be high. Can be as simple as too much salt or stress to a more complex heart condition, kidney condition, liver problems.... that will take more than just lowering your blood pressure to rectify.

See a doc...find out why....go from there. Tons of meds help this...you just need to know which ones you need by way of finding out why you have it. It may be as simple as a diet change. Usually your doc will start out with the easiest and least invasive way to treat this.

Remember .....EVERY medication including herbal remedies can cause side effects.

See your doc....

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Goo
04-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Thank you all for your ideas, I am under a doctors care for hypertension. She put me on a really high dosage of Lisinopril, but for some odd reason it hasn't been going down.

Last night at the ER, they had stated that if the BP didn't get under control, I'd have to have dialysis :( Which scared the crap out of me

princessbelle
04-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Thank you all for your ideas, I am under a doctors care for hypertension. She put me on a really high dosage of Lisinopril, but for some odd reason it hasn't been going down.

Last night at the ER, they had stated that if the BP didn't get under control, I'd have to have dialysis :( Which scared the crap out of me

I'm sure it does. Make an appointment with your doc and tell him what it's been running. Take your bp every morning and write it down....keep a good record to show him. A lot of times Lisinopril is combined with a diuretic. One or both of those may need to be increased.

An ace inhibitor and combined with a diuretic should do the trick. It's getting the combo right...your doc can do this...if you keep good records and maybe even with just a phone call.

And for goodness sakes...get exercise, cut the salt and relax!!!!! (i know easier said than done lol)

*hugs.

The_Lady_Snow
04-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Dr. Oz had a whole show on 28 days to a healthy heart, it also did artery unclooghing, blood pressure and liver maintenance using foods we can eat that detoxify the body:)

DomnNC
04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Here's a link for the show Snow was talking about.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/28-day-heart-disease-action-plan

DressyFemme
04-04-2017, 02:32 PM
My partner was just diagnosed..today. I'm educating myself online but need emotional support from other caregivers or patients... thanks