PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Tales !

RiverBoi
06-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I thought I would start a Fishing Thread for those of us who love to fish!

River :canoworms:

princessbelle
06-08-2011, 01:22 PM
I LOVE to fish. However i've never caught one. I don't bait my hook, however, one time i put a banana peel on it and i caught a TURTLE. Now this was not just any ole turtle...

This honey pie was 10 foot long and weighed over 100 pounds and yes i threw it back. Scared the suntan oil off me.

Ok maybe he wasn't that big but if people can lie about the size of there...ummm, fish, then i can lie bout the size of my turtle.

Fishing is very fun though, throwing that line out and reeling it back....awww, wonderlishous.

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/516/516448dbw4nykl9l.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

RiverBoi
06-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Wow! I haven't ever caught a 10' / 100# turtle on a naner peel!! lol
I caught a (about 80#) spoon bill aka paddle fish once. Got it reeled in to the surface, the drop down to the water was about 30 feet so I gaffed it and was pulling it up by a rope... I got it to the top of the fence line and almost ready to get it over the fence and it shook real good and flopped off! I was soooooo sad.

girl_dee
06-08-2011, 01:51 PM
yay you brought the fishing thread back!!!

Sooooon lots of fishing tales!

princessbelle
06-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh i bet you were sad: ergo the line..."the one that got away". I know that more real fisher types will post in here when they wake up or get online.

Good thread and happy baiting!!!!!

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1318/1318784uoknnnzn13.png (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

RiverBoi
06-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I figured, it's been a few years since my last thread on fishing.. So SURELY we have new stories since then LOL!

RiverBoi
06-08-2011, 01:59 PM
yay you brought the fishing thread back!!!

Sooooon lots of fishing tales!

Did you get any Red Fish and White Shrimp when you were in Louisiana this last time? I want to go to LA and go Red Fishing one day this year.

RiverBoi
06-08-2011, 02:05 PM
When I was little throughout my teens, my Granddad (AKA - The Tank) would take me salmon and steelhead fishing on the Columbia River. Sometimes we went to the Bonneville Dam, and sometimes to a place called Draino Lake.

I would sit quietly in the rocks and listen to the sometimes bawdy stories he and his friends would tell. We had an open faced tent and a kerosene heater for when it was cold and I remember that smell vividly.

The poles were big, set into holders pounded deep into the ground. They had bells on them, so when a fish would strike, not only would you see the pole dip sharply, but the bell would ring and whomever's pole it was would sprint over to "set" the fish and begin the long arduous process of reeling it in while their friends readied the long-handled net to scoop it out once it was close enough to shore.

I have never fished in Oregon. It's so pretty there though. I know I would be in heaven! Your story places me in mind of my attempt at ice fishing in Alberta, Canada. Naturally, me being a back woods, country boi, I thought those people were insane building a fire on a 500ft deep frozen lake. I could hear the water swooshing under the 2 ft layer of ice and cracking and banging noises. Naturally, I had to act all butch and pretend my knees weren't weak LOL! It ended up being very fun though.

scootebaby
06-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I am from Ky so there arent a lot of well known/good places to fish. I didnt get into fishing till i was pregnant then wouldnt bait my hook or take fish off until my son was born...anyway we used to fish all the time. We found this place that was a catch and release lake(pretty much stopped fishing after it closed down),but would take my son fishing all the time bc it was the best catfish and bass fishing EVER!!....once in a pond out in the country he caught like 52 bluegill...now he waqs only 3 and was bank fishing,but it was like "dang boy i cant even get my hook baited.

We had a public place "The Game Farm" we would go to a lot when he was between 3-10. There was the "big" lake for grown ups and the "lower" lake for the 12 and under. I took him there near closing one day(he was 8 i think)--he casts his line in and before we could settle down his pole starts to take off...i grab it,hand it to him,and he is reeling and reeling..giving the fish some line(just like a pro finally he gets it up into the rocks where its kinda outta the water but still can get a little......i swear that damn catfish was 15 lbs easy..Now i dont EVER mess with taking catfish off a line so im off to find a park person(they were making their round to get everyone out by dark) and as we walk back towards my son he is standing there,foot on fish,smiling form ear to ear. The game warden was so impressed he took a pic of my kid with the fish,unhooked it and tossed it back in the lake.

That was a good day!

RiverBoi
06-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I am from Ky so there arent a lot of well known/good places to fish. I didnt get into fishing till i was pregnant then wouldnt bait my hook or take fish off until my son was born...anyway we used to fish all the time. We found this place that was a catch and release lake(pretty much stopped fishing after it closed down),but would take my son fishing all the time bc it was the best catfish and bass fishing EVER!!....once in a pond out in the country he caught like 52 bluegill...now he waqs only 3 and was bank fishing,but it was like "dang boy i cant even get my hook baited.

We had a public place "The Game Farm" we would go to a lot when he was between 3-10. There was the "big" lake for grown ups and the "lower" lake for the 12 and under. I took him there near closing one day(he was 8 i think)--he casts his line in and before we could settle down his pole starts to take off...i grab it,hand it to him,and he is reeling and reeling..giving the fish some line(just like a pro finally he gets it up into the rocks where its kinda outta the water but still can get a little......i swear that damn catfish was 15 lbs easy..Now i dont EVER mess with taking catfish off a line so im off to find a park person(they were making their round to get everyone out by dark) and as we walk back towards my son he is standing there,foot on fish,smiling form ear to ear. The game warden was so impressed he took a pic of my kid with the fish,unhooked it and tossed it back in the lake.

That was a good day!

Catfish can flat cause some pain! I have been attacked by them countless times. They manage to get me every time no matter how careful I am. About 3 weeks ago, I caught one, threw it back in and in mid air, it flipped back and still managed to get me lol!

TIMBERWOLF
06-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Fishing??????????? Love it!!!!
Went fishing this weekend with a friend and fished all day. We told our GF's that we would be home after we ran out of bait. That was around 5 pm. I grew up fishing off the coast of California, mainly San Diego. Now that Im down here in Houston I run to Galveston any chance I get or as long as I have gas LOL. I know a few of us are getting ready to celebrate my BD by going out for a 12 hr deep sea outing on the 9th of July. Thats what my GF gets me for my BD:hangloose:
Use to have a real nice 16' Thunderbird Trihull with a 65 hp Johnson and had a fish finder and bait tank.Use to go out to Point Loma in San Diego and fish for Bonita, Yellowtail,and snapper.
Glad you started this thread. OH !! I also brought up a blue crab saturday all the way to the sand before he let go of my squid and scurried back in the water.......
TIMBER

melina
06-08-2011, 10:07 PM
I have always been the person sitting on a blanket reading while everyone else fished - until recently. Riverboi actually taught me how to fish about a week and a half ago and I caught a huge carp and a blue catfish. Now I love it! We are going in the morning tomorrow and I'm not even taking a book with me! lol

always2late
06-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I LOVE fishing...sadly, I haven't done so in a while. Thinking I really need to get back to the water. :)

femmedyke
06-08-2011, 10:17 PM
A couple of years ago on a trip up to Maine my beloved, her father and I boarded his itty bitty boat stocked with hand lines and caught loads and loads of Atlantic Mackerel. I've fished previously as a youngin, loved it- but had never done so, so primitively. It was amazing! I'd pull my line up and have three or four fish on it - craziness! Sometimes I'd feel a little tug and I happen to be very sure that a certain sneaky seal that was following us was helping herself to my fish.

I've always been interested in the art of fly fishing but have never had the time or where with-all to research it.

In a few months we will be heading back up north to Maine to hang with my in-laws. I'm hoping for another amazing fishing trip!

Gemme
06-08-2011, 10:56 PM
The first time I fished, I had a stick and some twine. It wasn't even baited. I was the only one to land a fish that day, too. It was kind of awesome but I really don't like the fishy smell and the slimy feel of worms and most bait, so I'm happy to let my two 'fishing' stories sit right where they are in my memories.

Oh, I did say two, didn't I?

The second one I was putzing around while the family actually fished off a bank. I had a small net. I proceeded to catch a disgusting amount of mutant shrimp and a couple decent sized fish. I can't remember what they were for sure, but I think they were brim.

So, that's all she fished...

RiverBoi
06-09-2011, 06:04 AM
A couple of years ago on a trip up to Maine my beloved, her father and I boarded his itty bitty boat stocked with hand lines and caught loads and loads of Atlantic Mackerel. I've fished previously as a youngin, loved it- but had never done so, so primitively. It was amazing! I'd pull my line up and have three or four fish on it - craziness! Sometimes I'd feel a little tug and I happen to be very sure that a certain sneaky seal that was following us was helping herself to my fish.

I've always been interested in the art of fly fishing but have never had the time or where with-all to research it.

In a few months we will be heading back up north to Maine to hang with my in-laws. I'm hoping for another amazing fishing trip!
I have never used hand lines. I have seen it done.. Although, when you see anyone here in Arkansas with a hand line, it's usually because they don't have a fishing license. Your version, however, sounds really fun. I have one question.... what happens if something huge grabs the other end of the line?? lol

RiverBoi
06-09-2011, 06:08 AM

I tried to fly fish ONE time. They always make it look so cool and easy. So, I bought me a pole.. started working it at 10am and 1pm positions. The line was feeding out.... and THEN it happened.... I moved my wrist wrong and the line wrapped around and around my neck on the next forward throw LMAO! Thank God only one person saw it. I am sure it was quite hilarious! Never again....

RiverBoi
06-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Has anyone ever caught an Alligator Gar? What is the strangest fish you have ever caught?

Hollylane
06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
When I was little throughout my teens, my Granddad (AKA - The Tank) would take me salmon and steelhead fishing on the Columbia River. Sometimes we went to the Bonneville Dam, and sometimes to a place called Draino Lake.

I would sit quietly in the rocks and listen to the sometimes bawdy stories he and his friends would tell. We had an open faced tent and a kerosene heater for when it was cold and I remember that smell vividly.

The poles were big, set into holders pounded deep into the ground. They had bells on them, so when a fish would strike, not only would you see the pole dip sharply, but the bell would ring and whomever's pole it was would sprint over to "set" the fish and begin the long arduous process of reeling it in while their friends readied the long-handled net to scoop it out once it was close enough to shore.

I love the bells idea. Were the bells attached to the poles or somehow to the line? I would love to try this!

Hayden and I fish every year. Since I have been ill this year we haven't been able to get out there and do it.

We should be taking a trip next month for Hayden's birthday. We will be down in the Seaside/Astoria areas. I am looking forward to casting my line in my favorite spot on the Brownsmead slough. I have caught some whoppers there (big mouth bass).

When we are not camping, we fish at Hagg Lake. When we lived in SE Portland we had to get up at about 3am to make it to the lake by sunrise and get our favorite spot. Since we now live in Beaverton, it will make for a much shorter trip.

Hayden has a love/hate relationship with my fishing poles. He can be pretty impatient, casting and re-casting. I have two poles (both are pink!) and I generally pick a spot on instinct and cast once, set it, and put it in the holder. We generally catch our double limit by 10 am there. So, I will never share our prime location! The reason Hayden gets frustrated is because he generally catches one fish to my ten. I think the fish can feel him fidgeting with his pole, but who knows. He does enjoy the excitement of my multiple hits/catches, but would rather he caught more then one or two each time.

Sadly, it is a rare occasion that I actually like to eat the fish we catch. I generally only like it if I can catch it, clean it, and eat it off the campfire immediately. Hayden is not a big fan either. What we end up doing is finding people who love fish, and bring them our catch. In our new community, there is a community pantry and freezer, so we can share them with people anonymously who may be in need.

Wow, I can yap when it comes to fishing! Who knew? Happy casting people!

AtLast
06-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Twenty-eight years ago today, my Dad passed away. Although I miss him for many reasons and have oodles of fine memories of a fine human being, fishing with him is at the top of the list.

He taught me to fish at a young age- probably starting at 4-5 or so. We were a camping and fishing kind of family and also did abalone and eel fishing back in the day when the SF Bay was clean and abundant with fish and sea food.

On Saturdays my Dad took me and sometimes my brother (he was a lot older and usually wanted to do teen-guy stuff with his teen-guy friends by then) fishing so my Mom had at least a morning off without kids around. I loved going to our favorite fishing rocks off Tiburon's then working railroad station (this was back when Tiburon was pretty much a dead little place with a couple of local bars and the train station and was completely working class). Of course, we had my Dad’s hunting dog with us (always a German Short-Haired Pointer that he rotated naming Queenie or Junior throughout the years). Queenie Number One went fishing in Tiburon with us in those early days.

Eventually "our rock" had a small deck built around it with a bridge to walk over to it and was proclaimed as a kid's fishing area. My Dad and some of the other neighborhood Dad's built it and there was a small dedication.

The best fishing story for me was when I didn't have my own fishing pole yet (I was about 4-5, I think) and we were on a family camping trip in the Hope Valley area near Lake Tahoe. My Dad picked-up a fairly long willow branch and just attached some line and a hook and sinker with a worm for me to use. I think he was just trying to give something to do so he could fish. BAM- within a minute of my sticking the line down in a craggy area of the brook we were near, I pulled out a big German Brown trout! My Dad almost fell over laughing as I ended up with the biggest fish caught that day. That year, Junior Number One was right there with us taking in some sun shine on the bank. For our next camping trip, I had my own rod, a small tackle box and a spinning reel along with a fishing vest and a net! I was in seventh heaven!!

I think of my Dad often and am so grateful to have wonderful memories of him and our time together doing things like this. I do miss him even now.

RiverBoi
06-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I attempted bank fishing today at a lake. It's so hot though, that the fish are moving deeper during the day. Which means I need to just wake up really early or get back into night fishing lol! Anyone had any good luck so far this year?

RiverBoi
07-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Has anyone had much luck with planning fishing around full moons ?? Such as on fishing calendars?

Medusa
07-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Dude! THE BITE IS ON at Woolly Hollow! We went up there yesterday and Tuesday and couldnt get our poles in the water fast enough! They were catfish (just rats, nothing huge) about a pound or two but were in a frenzy on the dock! As soon as we'd drop a line, we'd get hit. I think I caught 15 cats, 8 or 10 hand-size breem and several crappie. Jack caught as many!

TIMBERWOLF
07-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Mr Jennie(DC's half) and I went out on the Deep Sea boat for my BD and caught Red Snapper and Triggerfish. About 6 on the boat caught the Large 30+pound class Red Snapper.I have been trying to catch the Red fish but haven't yet.I hear they hit a lot at night especially the large Bull Reds. We have a great couple of new piers at Galveston they rebuilt that are real nice.
TIMBER

girl_dee
07-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I love Redfish, I miss catching the big 40 pounders back in the day. Where I am from a 17-19 inch Red is very good eating. Triggerfish are common south of where I am from but I never went after them

Well Syr and I have been hitting the lake every day and coming home with fish, we love catfish and got lucky with a couple of very nice bass!

See sig pic!

Looking forward to filling the freezer for winter!

WolfyOne
07-24-2011, 01:30 PM
c_fUmx-HI0Q

RiverBoi
07-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Dude! THE BITE IS ON at Woolly Hollow! We went up there yesterday and Tuesday and couldnt get our poles in the water fast enough! They were catfish (just rats, nothing huge) about a pound or two but were in a frenzy on the dock! As soon as we'd drop a line, we'd get hit. I think I caught 15 cats, 8 or 10 hand-size breem and several crappie. Jack caught as many!

Well hell.... One evening or night, when you guys are going, text me and we will come meet ya at Woolly Hollow. ANYTIME for that matter lol! Miss seeing ya'll.

RiverBoi
07-24-2011, 03:56 PM
I love Redfish, I miss catching the big 40 pounders back in the day. Where I am from a 17-19 inch Red is very good eating. Triggerfish are common south of where I am from but I never went after them

Well Syr and I have been hitting the lake every day and coming home with fish, we love catfish and got lucky with a couple of very nice bass!

See sig pic!

Looking forward to filling the freezer for winter!

Dang! Now I am craving some redfish on the grill, basted with garlic butter and some Tony C's !!!! :((( No redfish in Arkansas though.

girl_dee
07-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Dang! Now I am craving some redfish on the grill, basted with garlic butter and some Tony C's !!!! :((( No redfish in Arkansas though.

Yes with scales ON of course! I also love Redfish Courtbouillion. YUMMMMy

I clean the bass we catch with the scales on, and throw em on the grill that way with all the fresh herbs from the garden, and a lil of my own mix on em.. mmm

RiverBoi
07-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes with scales ON of course! I also love Redfish Courtbouillion. YUMMMMy

I clean the bass we catch with the scales on, and throw em on the grill that way with all the fresh herbs from the garden, and a lil of my own mix on em.. mmm

Of course! Ya have to grill them in the half shell ;)

girl_dee
07-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Went out for a short trip this morning, Missed a big ole largemouth and landed a nice smallmouth, bunch of catfish to boot before the rain, always a blast!

RiverBoi
07-25-2011, 10:05 AM

We are babysitting tonight in Conway. And should be done by 6 at the latest and are going to Woolly Hollow to fish. If you know of a nice honey hole there, text me :)))))

Medusa
08-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Ohhhhh River?!!!!!!!

We got the boat back from the shop! Taking her out for a day of fishing tomorrow up at the big lake :)

We've been loading the boat for over an hour and Jack is now playing in the fishing poles.

I have this on my birthday wishlist (yes, I'm breaking my closed-reel Zebco tradition because this one LIGHTS UP!):

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21aXejfvoML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

girl_dee
08-17-2011, 07:03 AM
a Zebco that finally lights up........ I gotta see it!!

Went out yesterday, fishing topwater late evening for bass... got a nice lil guy but that was it.. slow evening...

RiverBoi
08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Ohhhhh River?!!!!!!!

We got the boat back from the shop! Taking her out for a day of fishing tomorrow up at the big lake :)

We've been loading the boat for over an hour and Jack is now playing in the fishing poles.

I have this on my birthday wishlist (yes, I'm breaking my closed-reel Zebco tradition because this one LIGHTS UP!):

Where the heck does it light up at? LOL! At least if Jack buys you that, it will keep the bugs on you and away from her so she can fish LMFAO! That's your perfect line to present to her :))) I am SOOOOO JEALOUS over the fish you guys caught today!! Jack looked happy as a lark in heat!!

sharkchomp
08-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for starting the fishing thread, goodness knows I love to fish! This has been an off year for me and I haven't been one time! :( But that will change. I probally wouldn't go fishing right now anyway, just too hot, unless I went at night.

I have tons of fishing stories lol

I remember my first fish that I ever caught. My family made a HUGE deal over it. Lots of pats on the back, my Grandpa even turned the boat around and went back to his place on the river and showed my little tiny brim off to the rest of the family. More pats on the back, pictures taken. I think that's the way it should be - a big deal. That's probally where my love of the water and fishing began, that very day.

I remember my first day of ice fishing too. It was bitter bitter cold. - 27F and who knows what the windchill was on that lake but I do remember those go-cart looking things with sails clipping along the lake probally 40 or 50 mph. There were noises I had never heard before that sounded much like the star wars guns. I remember the lake cracking at it's weakest point - all the way across the lake and the ice breaking and rising like a giant tent, by the end of the day it was four feet tall and about 6 feet wide. I also remember my uncle carrying a huge crow bar - like 6 foot long and with every step he'd put it in front of us so that if there was a broken 'spot' the crow bar would displace the ice - and it did. I was frozen and scared. We only caught two fish the entire day and we had to take our gloves off and pull the wet and icy line in by hand. But my step dad said he loved to ice fish and that we did it all wrong. We should have stayed in the ice shack and had better clothes and boots. Maybe I'll try it again in my life, but not with my uncle lol

One of my best fishing buddies ever was my step dad. He really knows what he is doing. I remember one time we saw the stripped bass running on the shad schools so we both get our poles ready before we start to chase after them. He grabs this old beat up shity looking spoon. I can remember thinking "what a piece of shit! He'll never catch anything with that!" I tied on my super shiny and new lure and off we went. His first cast, he had a fish. We both caught a lot that day, I'm quite sure he caught more than me. But it humbled me. He's a great fisherman and I miss fishing with him like we used to. (He's still alive and well, just retired to Florida :) )

I'll be back, I've got tons of stories :)

~~~shark~~~~~~~~

dixie
08-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Ohhhhh River?!!!!!!!

OMG I want one!!!!!!!

Corkey
08-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Ami has one, and it lights up, replete with pink pole.

girl_dee
08-18-2011, 06:14 AM
So my friends back in New Orleans are posting pictures of catching 35 pound Redfish on a flyrod, 16 pound tackle...

What a fight that must have been!

RiverBoi
08-18-2011, 07:41 AM
So my friends back in New Orleans are posting pictures of catching 35 pound Redfish on a flyrod, 16 pound tackle...

What a fight that must have been!

That would be a blast! That's a HUGE red fish! mmm Makes me hungry for some. lol I need to go to LA and fish sometime and stock a freezer full of redfish and white shrimp.

girl_dee
08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
That would be a blast! That's a HUGE red fish! mmm Makes me hungry for some. lol I need to go to LA and fish sometime and stock a freezer full of redfish and white shrimp.

no kidding! I miss fresh shrimp! The white shrimp season was in may and Brown shrimp is now in August, I like the white because they run bigger but the brown ones are so plump and plentiful!

I am going to NOLA next month but don't think I'll be bringing any seafood back for the trip back to Canada. :|

Gentle Tiger
08-19-2011, 05:03 PM
no kidding! I miss fresh shrimp! The white shrimp season was in may and Brown shrimp is now in August, I like the white because they run bigger but the brown ones are so plump and plentiful!

I am going to NOLA next month but don't think I'll be bringing any seafood back for the trip back to Canada. :|

You can ship the fish you catch back home. I enjoy deep sea fishing. And I would freeze the fish and then pack it in dry ice and send it to the person I was dating at the time. They said the fish was still frozen solid when they got it. And they got to enjoy some good fish.

girl_dee
08-19-2011, 07:15 PM
You can ship the fish you catch back home. I enjoy deep sea fishing. And I would freeze the fish and then pack it in dry ice and send it to the person I was dating at the time. They said the fish was still frozen solid when they got it. And they got to enjoy some good fish.

Yes that is an option but I want to send fresh shrimp back here, not sure how one goes about sending raw seafood to another country. :(

Medusa
08-30-2011, 05:18 AM
Took the boat out on Sunday and caught several hybrid bass and a pretty good sized walleye. :)

Got eaten up by lezbugs toward the end of the night but enjoyed marking the lake and exploring new coves.

In 2 weeks, the hybrids start schooling and we'll be able to just drive through the channels and watch them jump in the boat! Oh, River...........!

RiverBoi
09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Took the boat out on Sunday and caught several hybrid bass and a pretty good sized walleye. :)

Got eaten up by lezbugs toward the end of the night but enjoyed marking the lake and exploring new coves.

In 2 weeks, the hybrids start schooling and we'll be able to just drive through the channels and watch them jump in the boat! Oh, River...........!

Just say WHEN and I am there!! I am beyond ready to fish with you guys on the boat :)) I am buying me a new RIVER rod today to go snagging with by the big dam bridge. Hard work but the big fish are worth it lol

Medusa
09-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Just say WHEN and I am there!! I am beyond ready to fish with you guys on the boat :)) I am buying me a new RIVER rod today to go snagging with by the big dam bridge. Hard work but the big fish are worth it lol

Jack is going out tomorrow! Call her!

I can't get off work or I'd go too!

paintedleofemme
09-07-2011, 04:00 PM
I was about 5 years old and me and my sister were out fishing with our dad, something we had always done and enjoyed. That day I wandered off and found a huge bush with all kind of prickly thorns, always curious, and wanting to see what it was about, not afriad of the round type of thorns, i went into this thing and managed to get them all over my then very thick hair, this ended the fishing trip for the day. We come back home, my mom was unable to comb them out o my hair, so off to the salon we go, to get my hair cut!

RiverBoi
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Jack is going out tomorrow! Call her!

I can't get off work or I'd go too!

I am still getting over being sick today, don't wanna infect Jack with mah germs lol. If you guys go this Sunday, Holla! :)

RiverBoi
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I was about 5 years old and me and my sister were out fishing with our dad, something we had always done and enjoyed. That day I wandered off and found a huge bush with all kind of prickly thorns, always curious, and wanting to see what it was about, not afriad of the round type of thorns, i went into this thing and managed to get them all over my then very thick hair, this ended the fishing trip for the day. We come back home, my mom was unable to comb them out o my hair, so off to the salon we go, to get my hair cut!

That doesn't sound like a very fun fishing trip at all lol

Sachita
09-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I want to learn fly fishing one day. One day soon.

WolfyOne
09-07-2011, 07:24 PM
I want to learn fly fishing one day. One day soon.

Me, too...'cept, I was thinking hobby when retirement happened.

girl_dee
09-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Fly fishing is the most relaxing way to fish in my opinion, and WOW when the fish hit the fly, it's quite a rush!

Reader
09-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Fly fishing is the most relaxing way to fish in my opinion, and WOW when the fish hit the fly, it's quite a rush!

I guess y'all don't want any anti-fishing folks posting in here.

girl_dee
09-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I guess y'all don't want any anti-fishing folks posting in here.

Would kill the mood for us, I think. On that note I will say I only catch what I can eat and I don't catch and release for sport :)