PDA

View Full Version : Reaching out from Kentucky

janii
06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Reaching out from Kentucky. Recently relocated here are there any b-f planet people here

moxie
06-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi janii!

Where in Kentucky are you?
I am currently in Louisville but will be moving to SE Kentucky next month.

Hope you are surviving this heat.

princessbelle
06-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Hello and welcome janii.

East Tennessee here but pretty close to Kentucky.

Which side are you on?

scootebaby
06-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Hiya Janii....im from Ky but now live in Florida.

Pure...SE KY?? u gonna become a hill person? lol where abouts if i may ask?

i loved living in KY...3 hrs in any direction and u were in a different state(usually a big city)

Camo Eagle
06-13-2011, 07:52 PM
***WELCOME***

Abigail Crabby
06-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Hello and welcome :)

SimpleAlaskanBoy
06-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Not KY but SE Ohio...Welcome to the Planet!

The_Lady_Snow
06-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Welcome!!

I too am a fan if Kentucky! And derby pie!

Outlaw
06-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Reaching out from Kentucky. Recently relocated here are there any b-f planet people here

Hi Janii and welcome!

I spent some time living and working in Louisa, KY and then in David, KY... It was a very special time in my life and I hope to go back and visit/work.

Those "hill people" taught me more about compassion and social justice than my fancy education did. :)

janii
06-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi janii!

Where in Kentucky are you?
I am currently in Louisville but will be moving to SE Kentucky next month.

Hope you are surviving this heat.I currently live in Shepherdsville but work in Louisville

Hello to everyone from or close to Kentuucky. This is my home but I moved to Kansas and lived there for years. I moved back a little over a years ago.

durrrrrrrr
06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
I currently live in Shepherdsville but work in Louisville

Hello to everyone from or close to Kentuucky. This is my home but I moved to Kansas and lived there for years. I moved back a little over a years ago.

I use to live in Shepherdsville 4 years ago.

about the only place that was left when i moved away was "tinks"

and it was going downhill while I was there, but I liked it when I would stop by while riding the motorcycle and I would stop by there and drink a coke. the atmosphere during the saturday afternoon was good.

I always did like the Pride event. It was small compared to other places, but it was relaxing and I always had a good time.

moxie
06-15-2011, 10:58 PM
janii,

Welcome back to the area. Hopefully you were able to hook back up with old friends when you came back.

I don't know anything about the Kentuckiana scene really, I try not to be involved in it because of my job, if that makes sense. I do know Pride weekend is this weekend out on the Belvedere.

Hope you are enjoying the cooler weather we have been having the past few days.

luv2luvgirls
06-23-2011, 12:19 PM
hey all another in KY lol im central Ky :D moved here like 5 yrs ago,grew up in SE Fla surfing :P

Medusa
06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey Janii!
Welcome to the neighborhood - Arkansas girl here!

ferret
11-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Doesn't look like anyone's posted in here in quite a while, but I wanted to say hello anyway. Living in Shelbyville for the moment. Don't think I'm going anywhere soon.

RNguy
11-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Giving ya an appalachia howdy . I'm 5 minutes from Ashland Kentucky on the Ohio side though :) I have a buddy from shelbyville .

ferret
11-15-2011, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=RNguy;464975]Giving ya an appalachia howdy . I'm 5 minutes from Ashland Kentucky on the Ohio side though :) I have a buddy from shelbyville .[/QUOTE

Hiya, RN. I'm originally from Minnesota but have been here 5 years now. Just looking for people in my area or thereabouts to maybe hang out with and grab a beer or whatever.

Sue

scootebaby
11-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Hey Ferret..used to be quite a few lesbians in the Shelbyville area..I'm from Lawrenceburg..been gone about 3.5 yrs..Good thing is u are bout half way between Lexington and Lousiville so hopefully you find some to hang out with soon!

luv2luvgirls
11-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey Ferret.. I am in Richmond,just south of Lexington.. its a pleasure to meet you.

WomenMoveMe
11-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Western Kentucky here. I am pleased to see others here from this fine state. I was under the impression I was all alone! :)

ferret
11-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Western Kentucky here. I am pleased to see others here from this fine state. I was under the impression I was all alone! :)

LOL. I hear ya.

scootebaby
11-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Hey Ferret.. I am in Richmond,just south of Lexington.. its a pleasure to meet you.

Hey L2L..i lived in Richmond for about a yr...have some friends that were born and raised(and still there)..I see its changed a lot--at least at the 1st exit--a lot of growth...i havent been back there in several yrs tho

luv2luvgirls
11-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey L2L..i lived in Richmond for about a yr...have some friends that were born and raised(and still there)..I see its changed a lot--at least at the 1st exit--a lot of growth...i havent been back there in several yrs tho

Im the middle exit,still on the bypass. its changed even in the almost 5 yrs I have lived here. Great people though.. I have tons of friends off the first exit.

how long has it been Scoote?

We have Imax theaters here, oh they built a new mall too. The other one is now discount movies. I like it,it has everything im used to in Fla and a lil more, its packed with stuff here for a lil town.

scootebaby
11-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Im the middle exit,still on the bypass. its changed even in the almost 5 yrs I have lived here. Great people though.. I have tons of friends off the first exit.

how long has it been Scoote?

We have Imax theaters here, oh they built a new mall too. The other one is now discount movies. I like it,it has everything im used to in Fla and a lil more, its packed with stuff here for a lil town.

prolly a good 10-12 yrs....i wondered if they would rebuild mall or shut it down completely...and i agree great andfriendlyy ppl...and all the amenities of big city,but still small town feel!...u ever fish in Lake Reba? used to be a great place to go!

luv2luvgirls
11-16-2011, 08:43 AM
prolly a good 10-12 yrs....i wondered if they would rebuild mall or shut it down completely...and i agree great andfriendlyy ppl...and all the amenities of big city,but still small town feel!...u ever fish in Lake Reba? used to be a great place to go!

Wow Scoote im sure a ton has changed then! BTW I grew up in South Fla, ... where are you at down there?

I agree it does have the feel of a big city and small town.
I always go to Lake Reba its still a great place to go.. it has a golf course,gooney golf,batting cages,softball fields,and a water park.. oh and dog parks its great.. plus fishing :D

scootebaby
11-16-2011, 09:56 AM
lol yeah im sure a lot has changed there..sometimes time just kinda stands still for me..hard to believe i've lived here for 3.5 yrs..im so looking forward to getting back up that way next week.... i live in Port St Lucie....where are you from?

luv2luvgirls
11-16-2011, 10:35 AM
lol yeah im sure a lot has changed there..sometimes time just kinda stands still for me..hard to believe i've lived here for 3.5 yrs..im so looking forward to getting back up that way next week.... i live in Port St Lucie....where are you from?

I am from Palm Bch Cty.. but have lived all over south Fla

you coming to Richmond for Thanksgiving? if so we should have a cup of coffee or something,if your not so busy with family and friends that is :) Hastings moved to the new mall and put in a coffee house its nice to sit at.

tapu
11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Grew up in the hills myself. Hi to all you'ins. I grew up in Southern Ohio (Uh-hi-uh, rather--people in California used to ask me if I meant Hawaii.)

I was born and raised right across the river from Wheeling, there in that triangle between Kentucky and WVa. Can't say I'd want to live back there again, but the background now seems rich and colorful to me. Also, depressing, as it's known for, but every place is more complex than it's portrayed.

Back when, most gays/lesbians were super-closeted. It's probably way different now. Hope so, anyway. I do go back--all my family is still where they started. But I don't socialize there so I'm not sure what "the scene" is now. I kind of doubt there's an officially gay bar in our county, though there sure are lots of bars. Probably gays and lesbians "in-the-know" just tend to hang out in certain ones.

Glad to meet you. Hope you enjoy beautiful Kentucky.

honeynroses
08-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm a little sad to see this thread isn't active. Maybe a new post will get it going again.

I've lived in Kentucky for 3 years. I moved from Nashville right after the flood. It's a nice city, but I'm unsure of the local butch/femme community. I'm newly single and have no idea where the happening places are around here. Any help?