PDA

View Full Version : What Makes Regular Folk?

Mister Bent
06-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm just a regular guy.

I do regular stuff.

I get up every day and go to work, then I come home and check the mail, make dinner, do the dishes, help my son with homework. Then I go to bed and in the morning start all over again.

On the weekends I go to the gym, grocery shop, clean the house, do laundry. Folding is fun. It's all startlingly average.

I was wondering what other regular folks do to define themselves as "regular."

dixie
06-14-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm just a regular guy.

I do regular stuff.

I get up every day and go to work, then I come home and check the mail, make dinner, do the dishes, help my son with homework. Then I go to bed and in the morning start all over again.

On the weekends I go to the gym, grocery shop, clean the house, do laundry. Folding is fun. It's all startlingly average.

I was wondering what other regular folks do to define themselves as "regular."

Pretty much the same things.

Just throw in full time college hours on top of the 60 hour work week ON TOP of helping the teenage son with homework.

My weekends are filled with things like excursions to the flea markets and thrift stores on the hunt for the odd, unusual items. Or perhaps hiking with kid and camera, trying to get good nature pics.

The occasional "Saturday night at the club" with a couple folks from this site. Or picnics and cookouts with family or good friends on sunny Sunday afternoons.

The laundry folding is kinda fun. I much prefer that over dish washing any day.

I think that's kinda "normal".

:)

Diva
06-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Regular is good.

I get up.
I turn off the porch light.
I let Lucy out, then feed Ricky, Fred & Ethel.
I let Lucy in and feed her.
I empty the litter box.
Then I get ready for my day, which generally consists of Le Toilette, getting dressed and household putzing before I paint or work on some artistic project.
I live a relatively quiet life, actually.

Some might call it boring. I call it Home.

Ebon
06-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I work full time
Weekends and days off I catch up on shows that I missed or hang out with friends
I play video games
Build model cars
Work out
Eat, sleep and shit

Mister Bent
06-14-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't actually mind the dishes, but I'm sick of the daily cooking and finally gave the boy the task of cleaning the littler box. I was over it.

A special note to the member repped me to say: "at first I thought this was a bowel regimen thread. I am getting so fucking old."

Your daily fiber regimen is also entirely welcome here! Trust me, a few Ex Lax jokes went through my head as I composed my original post!

Diva
06-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Oatmeal.
Almost every morning.

:eyebat:

DoReMiFemme
06-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I work full time, eat 3 squares a day, drink too much coffee and then stay up too late reading when I know I have to be in the office early.

Sundays are laundry days, but I never seem to get to the laundry until Tuesday. My housemates and I let the dishes pile up, then we all bitch collectively about whose fault it is for the atrocity that is our kitchen sink.

I listen to NPR every morning on the way to work, call a friendly voice on the way home to de-stress.

I read up on the news, go to rehearsals, have friends over for dinner.

There's something so comforting about regular things. Our routines and habits become the rhythm, the pulse, the things we do without noticing. I guess they seem regular, but I think they're kind of beautiful.

suebee
06-15-2011, 05:40 AM
I get up, let everybody out to pee, then turn the computer on. I have my tea in front of the screen and catch up on what happened in the news while I was asleep. During the day I either run errands or putz around the house. Always housework to be done. Always yard work to be done. Lately I've added looking after the chickens and flowers and seedlings for our all-too-short summer. On the weekends my Sweetie is here and have our weekly supper at the diner (want more coffee? You know where the pot is!), do projects together, do the rounds of the thrift shops and yard sales, and go for a run in the woods with the dogs. (the dogs run - we stroll).

I have been known to go visit a friend or two - usually to see their new critter - whatever that may be.

Not an exciting life, but it's comfy.

girl_dee
06-15-2011, 05:54 AM
but but don't you find routine comforting?

I have 3-4 breathing treatments that must be done each day, my day/routine revolves around them most of the time. When I am online playing, usually I am doing a treatment as sitting still for 15 minutes would make me nuts.

I don't like being tied down to a tight schedule, Just as long as it's all done is good.

Peach
06-15-2011, 09:21 AM
typical day, get up at 5:45, have tea and breakfast, check computer to see what i missed during the night. go to work. come home, check again. Go for a walk, have dinner, goof around with my honey, watch some tv, go to bed by 9-10. pretty exciting eh? days off I manage to sleep in till 7! we will go out for breakfast now and then, our favorite place just up the road. grocery shop, run errands, if its sunny, head for the local beach or hiking trail. just a plain, ordinary life, and we love it.

Julie
06-15-2011, 09:30 AM
I wake up around 7am (latest)
See if Dreamer is still awake (Dreamer is an old fuck and goes to bed early).
Talk to Dreamer if Dreamer is still awake.
Make my coffee - Turn on the computer.
Let the dogs out.
Feed the dogs.
Let the dogs out.
Answer emails.
WORK work WORK (or not).
Walk circles in my house - It's what I do best.
Oh, I always have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Shower...

When it's sunny outside - I will just sit and listen to my birds (they are mine).

I do not cook anymore - I gave it up. I do try and vacuum at least once a day - I have four dogs.

Wait for Dreamer to wake up. Then we talk on the phone.
Then from there - It is evening, and I do the same thing.
Talk to Dreamer or now... I have discovered television the past six months. Now I watch it.

I am grossly ordinary and average.

And... I go to sleep - Just like the average jo!

Ms. Meander
06-15-2011, 09:58 AM
I don't think I qualify to post in this thread. :|

Starrynightaw
06-15-2011, 10:08 AM
I wake up like everyone else does.
Go threw the day like usual.
Sometimes I do random things to separate myself from the crowd.
According to my boss I'm very by the book on alot of things.

Medusa
06-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Average:

*Wake up between 4am - 7am depending on Jack's schedule
* Make coffee, let dog out, make lunches
* Check Planet for reported posts, etc.
* Answer emails and private messages
* Check work emails and job reports
* Get ready for work, feed pets, pick up kitchen and clothes
* Carpool to work
* Put in anywhere from 8 - 12 hours at work while periodically checking the Planet, paying bills, making appointments, and handling life stuff
* Pick up Jack and come home according to her schedule
* Let dog out, start dinner, wash a load of clothes or load dishwasher while handling phone calls and checking email
* Eat dinner, clean up dishes, throw ball with dog, walk on treadmill while listening to audiobooks, etc.
* Work an average of another 2 hours on regular job before bed (while still keeping an eye on the Planet)
* Shower, pick up bedroom, read a little, watch trash tv 1 or 2 nights a week, catch up on phone calls with girlfriends, etc.
* Go to bed between Midnight and 2am depending on schedule

Punctuate this with visits from Pops and Pappy, random trips to grocery stores and banks, and the occasional 9pm ice cream run. :)

DapperButch
06-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Another regular folk here.

Monday - Friday:
Alarm set for 6:45AM. Hit snooze until 7AM.
Dog out, then dog eats.
Drink coffee while playing online.
Look at time and then panic.
Jump in shower and then hope to find something that is already ironed.
Iron something b/c nothing is ever ironed.
Get to work 5-10 minutes late. Subsequently, everything is backed up by 5-10 minutes until lunch time.
On time for afternoon schedule.

Home.
Dog out. We both eat.
Play online or TV or nap.
Commit to self will go to bed early.
Walk dog around neighborhood for 20-30 minutes.
Go to bed late like a dumb shit so I am dragging in the morning. (usually 11:45PM)

The weekend I sleep until 9-11AM.
With my girlfriend either at my house, her house, or the beach in the summer.
Hike some trails with the dog, go to the beach, or go to a local event happening in my area. Do outside and inside work. Take naps.
Work remotely from home.

Go to bed late on Sunday night like a dumb ass.

Repeat.

gotoseagrl
06-15-2011, 11:15 AM
9, 12, 3, 6, 9, & everything in between, around, upside down & sideways. and if i am lucky, an hour or two or three or four (:cheerleader:) with my vd D ... with whom i would like to spend infinity & beyond ... to the zillionth power.

Mister Bent
06-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm particular about my laundry.
I sort my underwear by type before putting it away. Folded, of course.

Daily/work
Sleep
Gym
Date/prospect of getting laid

Apocalipstic
06-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Pretty regular here. I work 8:30 to 5:30 mostly, hour for lunch.

Grocery, bank, errands, etc.

I also prefer laundry to dishes! and I enjoy ironing.

I like routine usually.

I loveeeee to read, sleep, watch movies and yes, get laid. :)

Heart
06-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Date/prospect of getting laid

A date and maybe getting laid, eh?

I call that a special occasion. :|

princessbelle
06-15-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm a regular folk for sure.

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday i work 12 hour days so i work sleep work sleep and then surprise...work sleep.

Mondays are my down days. I am so exhausted working those shifts i have made a pledge to stay in night nights and recoup, get caught up with family and friends and just chill.

Tuesday through Thursday i sleep in until around 9-10....normal ole stuff...

clean house
take mom somewhere, doc or shopping or god knows what
laundry and all that house stuff
love on my baby bella and catch a movie on tv or an episode of House here and there
talk on the phone..a lot
text...a lot
play on puter
in bed usually 10 or 11

Then comes Friday again. Fridays are my Mondays so i later rinse and repeat the week all over again.

The only difference in this schedule is in the summertime...i swim in the pool or actually float in the pool usually daily when i'm home.

Real exciting....but it's my life and someones gotta do it.

Okiebug61
06-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Red and I are about as regular as one should ever want to be..LOL. We drove to Dallas last night so I could put her on a plane to Mt Vernon and then go back to pick her up this Saturday to start our summer vacation including my aunt and uncle then a week from Saturday I drop her off at DFW again to go back to Mt Vernon. Then she will be home on the 2nd of July and off again on July 5th. You might ask what makes this so regular? She is a school teacher and travels every summer to be better at what she does. Oh the real regular part is while she is traveling all over the place I have a honey do list that grows day by day :-). I miss her but when she is gone I get my list done a lot faster.

femmedyke
06-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Sometimes my world revolves around poop. Does this make me regular or weird?

I work at a vet hospital we've got it there and when I come home there's lots more. I clean the cat boxes and take the dogs out - pick up after their business, cause you know they like to drop it like it's hawt. Oh... and as far as household chores are divided; I'm the official toilet bowel scrubber. (I do a most excellent job, I may add!)

I'll supply more (much needed, I'm sure) information to support my case for regular later. There's dinner to be made.. .and, and . .. :)

Corkey
06-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Wake up somewhere between 11 and noon on days Ami works, 2-3 PM on weekends. Second shifters here.
Get our collective meds together
clean cat boxes, yes plural
get the girl off to work
wake the hella up
depending on the day, mow, laundry, dishes, we don't do a lot of dishes due to dishwasher.
read emails
spend some time here
play the FT
do some projects when I can
go to the gym when I'm able
play with semi awake cats
eat
clean cat boxes again
go to bed somewhere between midnight and 2-3 AM
do it all ovah again.

Mister Bent
06-15-2011, 07:35 PM
I start my day with coffee and the three S's (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=three+s%27s)

Apocalipstic
06-16-2011, 02:48 PM
I usually have a couple of cups pof coffee when I wake up, a cup at 9:30 or 10 at work, a cup after lunch and if I am sleepy a cup at 2.

In the evenings I try to go decaf.

I drinks at least 8 glasses of water a day.

and

I am happiest with 8-9 hours of sleep a night.

I also enjoy floating in the pool!

Fancy
06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I stand at parades when the American flag goes by.
I also applaud when service members and veterans march by (no matter what my views on war are).

I sit on my front porch in the evenings; sometimes with a beer. I grumble at people who speed on my road and kids who cut through my yard.

girl_dee
06-16-2011, 07:22 PM
I've been wandering around the last few days, thinking about what regular folk is.

I ain't it.

Kenna
06-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I wear my Tshirt and Bluejeans just like any other regular folk...

I have grandparents, parents, "my other parents", children, nieces, brothers and sisters, friends and dear loved ones that I appreciate more than any riches in the world.

Rockinonahigh
06-16-2011, 08:10 PM
well I usely get up about 6:00 let out the fur kids,then drink some coffee while I figure out what im haveing for breakfast.
Watch some early news.
let the fur kids in and feed them.
watch somemore tv then at 7:15 get dressed while im waiting to leave for work at 7:45
Go to work
get off work
go to the gym
go home and let the fur kids out
fix dinner
then shower and watch some tv till bed time with sid fur kids in my lap.
Weekends are much the same except I do laundry
Thursday and friday night shoot pool on my league teams.Thats all folks,yep really ordinary stuff.

scootebaby
06-16-2011, 08:16 PM
try to start my day with a V8
turn on Trutv to watch the Casey Anthony trial
drink some milk or water
run errands if needed
interrupt Jo at work--way too much at times probably
get the Prince up--during summer he is a night owl and sleeps till at least noon usually
making sure we have everything we need for our trip
depending on the day get ready for work
burp and fart as needed(i tend to be a very gassy person for some reason)
hang out online with jo
watch Criminal Minds way too much
do chores if i can remember
fix/help with dinner and cleanup
sometimes get trifling with Jo while we eat bad stuff
go to bed
play with her hair or caress her shoulder or arm as she sleeps and i watch tv
then if i dont take my sleeping pill im up every hr or so to pee or with calf cramps

yep pretty regular to me!

Mister Bent
06-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Sometimes I have to talk to my dog in a really firm voice.

JustJo
06-17-2011, 07:20 AM
My life is quite exotic....

I work from home so I spend entirely too much time in my pajamas.

The rest of my day frequently revolves around food.....feeding animals, feeding kids, cleaning up from feeding animals and kids, shopping for food to feed animals and kids...

I clean the pool....do some housework (but not as much as I should)....plan to work in the yard far more than I do....play online.....watch TV.....read a book on my kindle....clean the cat box.....

Yep, pretty exotic stuff. :)

Lynn
06-17-2011, 09:15 AM
What makes me regular folk:

I generally wait until the last minute for everything.

I am on a diet, yet my car is filled with junk food wrappers.

My evening often starts with Jeopardy, and I know some of the answers. Enough to impress my partner, but not enough to get on the show.

If I see a hairball floating on the floor, sometimes I pick it up and sometimes I just watch it.

I worry about money most of the time. Sometimes it's warranted.

I'm getting married in October and I spend a lot of time thinking and planning, to the detriment of other things.

I love to go on day trips to see historic places and museums in the area. Along with other regular folk.

MsTinkerbelly
06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Tonight my daughter is going to be gone until late, so I am going to go home and make some scrambled eggs, put my feet up, watch a little TV, and wait for my Honey to get off of work. We will either watch a movie, go to a movie, or take a doggie for a walk.

Yep, just plain regular folk!

turasultana
06-17-2011, 03:04 PM
work
rest
play
die

Leigh
06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
I am going to watch tv tonight, play online and text My friends ~ pretty regular to Me :D

girl_dee
06-17-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.aragonproducts.com/products/Metamucil.jpg

This will make me regular!

Apocalipstic
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.aragonproducts.com/products/Metamucil.jpg

This will make me regular!

And give you plenty of calcium!

dixie
06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
My 13 year old son got a new phone today. He texted me nonstop while sitting right beside me on the couch. I explained that the whole point in having the phone is to text and call me when he is NOT with me...then I threatened to throw it in the creek if he didn't stop. I think that makes me pretty regular, at least mom-wise...lol

CherryFemme
06-17-2011, 04:45 PM
To borrow from Camelot,

I whistle, sing and dance.

~CF
GUENEVERE
What do the simple folk do
To help them escape when they\'re blue?
The shepard who is ailing, the milkmaid who is glum
The cobbler who is wailing from nailing his thumb
When they\'re beset and besieged
The folk not noblessly obliged
However do they manage to shed their weary lot?
Oh, what do simple folk do we do not?

ARTHUR
I have been informed by those who know them well
They find relief in quite a clever way
When they\'re sorely pressed, they whistle for a spell
And whistling seems to brighten up their day
And that\'s what simple folk do
So they say

Lynn
06-17-2011, 04:55 PM
My older daughter is at an anime convention (or "Con" in the lingo). She's wearing a slutty looking outfit, so I told her to be careful and don't talk to strangers.

I cry at touching television commercials.

I told my daughter that I only text two or three times a month and she called me a Luddite. I'm regular *and* old. :blink:

I think that wearing oversized clothing hides my fat.

Weekends are my favorite times.

I usually think that commercials are meant for me. I'm the demographic. Unless there are animated charachters or smiley faces. Then my partner is the demographic.

swan
06-18-2011, 10:40 AM
I stay up too late, then have to get up too early. I'd be a total night owl if my job would let me.

Normally I work 30-40 hours a week, get three days off for my weekend (sat/sun/mon), but we've got a weekend project running which means I've had two full days off in the last few months. Memorial Day Monday and Easter Sunday.

So lately it's been stay up 'til 12am, get up by 6, emails, work scheduling, showering and yes, farmville-ing (I'm so ashamed. But my eighty bajillion animals that live in my computer NEED me...). Now that I have a cat again, I do the food and water in the morning....

Out of the house by 10 usually, work work work work work work until 6, home to upload work stuff, or hand entry on the computer, depending on which company I was working for today... Make dinner, do litter box, try to socialize sweet new kitty person (she's in my gallery, btw.), make sure she has dinner... Play on puter.

Stay up to late reading or knitting or something....

I can't wait to have days off again. I'll actually have time to make a garden....

Lynn
06-18-2011, 11:21 AM
What makes me "regular folk" today:

It's 1:15 pm and I'm still in my pajamas.

I'm thinking of going back to bed.

I wanted to do laundry and get some things from Home Depot today. There's a 50:50 chance that this will happen.

My daughter, who lives in Florida, is now on her way to Disneyworld for the day. I told her to drive safely and be careful, and to call me when she's home.

I have a dog that chases rabbits in his sleep. He's doing it right now.

I got a great manicure this week. Now, every few minutes, I take a second to admire my nails. When my partner notices this, she laughs at me. :)

DamonK
06-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Wake up anywhere from 11 AM to 1 PM.
Get up.
Kick the dogs out.
Get dressed.
Rescue the neighbors from the holy terror.
Eat breakfast/lunch.
Leave for work about 1:55
Sometimes have a good night, sometimes get steadily grumpier.
Off work anytime between 10:30 and 11:30.
Home.
Get the girl to bed.
Eat dinner.
Play games.

Texting as available.

Somewhere in there I may do some housework, definitely on days off though.

little_ms_sunshyne
06-18-2011, 01:07 PM
What makes me normal...

~I am a teacher lol
~I wake up early every morning for about 10 sec...long enough to hit snooze!!
~I like the simple things...a pretty view, going out to dinner, visiting a coffee house, or watching a movie.
~My sister is my best friend
~ I am a complete sucker for my nephew
~I love the smell of clean laundry...Extra fabric softener a must!
~I plan...I like to plan and organize things.
~I like cartoons!!!
~I love to laugh at silly things...
~I bake to release stress
~I am a textaholic!!!

Yup...pretty "regularl"

Gemme
06-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Oatmeal.
Almost every morning.

:eyebat:

Me too. Mine is maple and brown sugar flavored and high fiber.

Does that mean I win or lose?

:seeingstars:

As for what makes me regular:

I am impatient and will yell at you while in my car, though I know you can't hear me and will continue to drift into my lane because you're on the cell phone and/or are fiddling with the radio dial.

I will sass Ebon throughout the day. We bicker like an old married couple and, though it can be unsettling to a few of our friends, I think most are used to it by now.

I shower twice a day. That's not regular, but liking being clean probably is, so when I come home from being outside in over 100 degree weather for half my day, the thermostat goes down and I get naked.

I fight with Ebon over exactly WHO is stealing the covers. (It's always HIM, btw.)

We'll watch a show or two together at night and/or chat a bit in bed before I fall asleep. When I have to be up early, he's sweet enough to use his CPAP, but I'm on my own when I work afternoons or are off. I tend to be a bit cranky on my days off and when I work afternoons. One day, he'll put the two together and come up with three. :blink:

I pee first thing after turning my cell alarm off and crawling slowly out of bed.

We can rarely make our minds up easily when it comes to what we want to eat, especially when we order in. It's like pulling teeth. But don't let someone tell us we "can't" or "shouldn't" have something because that's sure going to be what we "want" at that point.

We're difficult people and, in this day and age, I suspect that's pretty regular.

Fancy
06-19-2011, 08:36 PM
My 13 year old son got a new phone today. He texted me nonstop while sitting right beside me on the couch. I explained that the whole point in having the phone is to text and call me when he is NOT with me...then I threatened to throw it in the creek if he didn't stop. I think that makes me pretty regular, at least mom-wise...lol

My daughter lost her phone today while mowing. It jiggled out of her pocket. We spent quite awhile after dinner walking through the yard, up and down the road where she rode her bike, through the car's backseat (and anywhere else within radius) etc. continually ringing her number. We finally caught site of it beneath the grass clippings. It was probably run over by the mower, but fortunately wasn't hacked to bits. The ringtone was so soft it was a wonder we even found it. The first thing she did was record my voice saying, "Pick up the phone! This is your mother calling!" She set that ringtone on high volume. I don't remember having responsibility over anything like this when I was 12. But I suppose this is considered "regular" by today's standards.

I totally identify with the text message barrage while sitting in the same room. Entire conversations without a word spoken.

:hamactor:

kannon
06-19-2011, 09:03 PM
All I know is: I want a regular schedule in France.

In fact, it's the law: full-time workers in France are guaranteed at least five weeks vacation -- guaranteed those long lazy days in the sun, and leisurely lunches in outdoor cafes.

On top of the five weeks, there are another dozen public holidays, and a maximum 35-hour work week, with no paid overtime allowed. Managers like Marchand, who work more than 35 hours a week, get more time off.

"The so-called 35-hour work week gives us 22 more days a year,"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/27/60II/main704571.shtml

France here I come.

Queerasfck
06-19-2011, 09:05 PM

In fact, it's the law: full-time workers in France are guaranteed at least five weeks vacation -- guaranteed those long lazy days in the sun, and leisurely lunches in outdoor cafes.

On top of the five weeks, there are another dozen public holidays, and a maximum 35-hour work week, with no paid overtime allowed. Managers like Marchand, who work more than 35 hours a week, get more time off.

France here I come.
And they have good bread there.

Gemme
06-19-2011, 09:05 PM

France here I come.

I've read this too and am envious. Ebon speaks French nearly fluently but I'm a sad case, I'm afraid. That, and I don't look good in leggings and berets.

:blink:

pajama
06-19-2011, 09:15 PM
What is this "regular" you speak of?

Mister Bent
06-19-2011, 09:19 PM
What is this "regular" you speak of?

For me, it's about no pretension, not aggrandizing my otherwise fairly average life.

Which doesn't mean I'm not, nonetheless, awesome.

Or maybe it means I eat a lot of fiber.

girl_dee
06-20-2011, 04:33 AM
5 big dogs
10+ cats
16 hens
1 (lucky) rooster
4 pigs
an extensive Fairyvillage
Vegetable gardens
Umpteen Flower gardens
A barn
A barnhouse, including Princess Tower
2 scatterbrained girls
2 bois
A very proficient Syr

The most normal thing we do here is have coffee every morning, which I am now. The rest of the day is anything goes, but it all gets done. The evenings are wrapped up with a lovely family dinner for 3 and quiet time (Unless the riding crop comes out) and bedtime before 10:30.

Is that regular?

Mister Bent
06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
I ate 3 olives right out of the jar, then a cheese stick while I stood there with the refrigerator door open.

Lynn
06-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Today I'm regular because:

I ate cold, leftover Chinese food for breakfast.

I had to stay late at work to catch up on paperwork that I'd put off for too long. If I didn't do it, I wouldn't be getting paid.

I meant to get up early to get stuff done, but hit the snooze alarm every ten minutes for an hour, instead.

There's a dead hanging plant on the front porch. I buy one every year, and it always dies because I don't water it enough. I should be prosecuted.

DoReMiFemme
06-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Piggy-backing on that, whenever I make a sandwich I eat it while standing over the kitchen sink.

Diva
06-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Regular is sittin' on the terrace with a glass of wine, feelin' the wind shift and watchin' the bats fly over for dinner (I have a woods in back of my house.....Cafe` Batz).........

citybutch
06-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Regular... what DOES make regular? I think you are all extraordinary!

Sachita
06-23-2011, 07:31 AM
With help my schedule changes a little. My life is so busy I need to stay very disciplined and scheduled.

5am - let the dogs out, meditate for 30 min while coffee brews

6ish - drink coffee, talk to dogs, email, hang out in my PJ's a few hours. Eat something, check facebook, etc. I move very slow in the morning.

Feed lots and lots of dogs (dog boarding) fill up lots of water buckets, poop, meds, hugs and kisses. feed pig, cats and hens.

Take a break. Water all my hanging baskets and flowers outside. If needed spray and fertilize my garden. Pull a few weeks, pick some stuff to eat or juice.

by 9 or 10 I'm online writing, tweaking blogs, talking on the phone and in full work mode.

take a 15 min break at noon- check water for dogs, give everyone a treat. This could be 10-20 dogs!

back to work hardcore multi-tasking hell!

3ish I rest for an hour.

5pm walking dogs, fixing dinner (I cook almost every night) washing dogs if needed or brushing or something dog related.

6PM feed dogs again, fresh water.

7PM shower, relax, maybe a glass of wine, dinner and TV.

Every Friday I pick up my granddaughter from daycare and we spend a few hours playing.

That's the simple list. There's so much that goes on in a day around here and it can change any moment. I'm not sure this is regular folk stuff. My life is extraordinary but certainly not ordinary.

dark_crystal
06-23-2011, 08:57 AM
I put my panties on one leg at a time

amnesia.bfp
06-23-2011, 09:15 AM
How can I know if I'm regular if I don't know who I am? Can you help me figure out who I am? Help me please by playing my game. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405)

Lynn
06-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Here's how I'm regular today:

I ordered eggplant parm for dinner, but wished I'd ordered the prime rib.

When I got up from the table, my right hip was stiff. But, I walked it off.

We have a lot of great pictures and photos sitting around that need to be hung on the wall. Also, some lightbulbs that need to be changed.

When the dog needs to pee in the middle of the night, I try to make him go back to sleep rather than get up right away to take him out. Eventually, though, I let him out.

I love wearing jeans and my amazing leather clogs.

Mister Bent
06-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Sometimes I burp really loud and don't say excuse me.

dixie
06-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Sometimes I get all caught up in the enjoyable things instead of taking care of the mundane. (Which is why I'm home writing essays instead of out and about tonight.) I think that makes me regular folk. I don't think I'm the only one guilty of this from time to time.

Gemme
06-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I put my panties on one leg at a time

Sometimes, when I'm feeling frisky, I'll jump into mine with both feet at the same time.

:|

amnesia.bfp
06-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I think I'm irregular.

I can't remember.

Who am I?

Okiebug61
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I think I'm irregular.

I can't remember.

Who am I?

You may be!
You may need that memory stuff ginkgo biloba!
You can be anyone you want!

Good luck!

Okiebug61
06-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Sometimes I burp really loud and don't say excuse me.

I think that's cool!

Fancy
07-01-2011, 01:39 PM
I've got the Friday-afternoon-wish-I-were-already-home-spaced-out-watching-blue-sky-out-my-window feeling, and my work productivity is lacking, to say the least.

I've even taken my shoes off under my desk. Although, the carpet doesn't feel nearly as good as the cool grass I'm imagining.

Mister Bent
07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
...like tonight, I don't feel like cooking after working all day and we go to Subway.

Corkey
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Sometimes it's just too hot n' muggy to do much of anything outdoors. Today was one of those days.

Corkey
07-06-2011, 07:01 PM
I like to watch fireflies in the dusk.

Mister Bent
07-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I water my own plants.

The_Lady_Snow
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Sometimes we don't clean everyday, we just relax and enjoy life:)

Medusa
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I clean my own house! I groom my own dog!

girl_dee
07-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I tuck chickens 12 in everynight!

princessbelle
07-06-2011, 07:16 PM
It just rained. I sat outside on the front porch in the quiet and just inhaled the air for the longest time.

It smelled wonderful and it felt good and clean and new and fresh and peaceful.

moxie
07-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I eat leftovers.

And they are often more tasty than they were the first day.

dixie
07-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I get whiny and slightly needy when I'm sick. Not anything major, just along the lines of wishing for someone to bring me chicken noodle soup and/or just let me lay my head in their lap.

girl_dee
07-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I backwards talk sometimes. :blink:

justkim
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I stalk Sassy...
I laugh at in opportune moments...
I cry...
I love...
I hurt...
I need...
I dream...
I hope...
I fear...

princessbelle
07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I had cereal for dinner...and enjoyed it.

Lynn
07-08-2011, 08:44 AM
I lick the peanut butter off the knife.

I force myself to stay awake, even if I'm tired.

We have four cats because I can't say no.

I keep drama-inclined people on my FB page so I can read their dirt, like it's the National Enquirer.

I still use regular old bar soap and a washcloth, rather than liquid and a puff. I feel cleaner.

When I get new, cool things. I like to sit in silence and stare at them.

Scorp
07-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Nice! I/We do that too!

I had cereal for dinner...and enjoyed it.

Chancie
07-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Bella poops outside, and I pick it up with special biodegradable bags that Pete bought me.

girl_dee
07-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I refuse to own fish and keep them in a glass box yet I go out fishing to eat fish.

Mister Bent
07-10-2011, 08:22 PM
I get real excited about shit getting blown up in movies.

Lynn
07-11-2011, 07:41 AM
I pretended to like Silas Marner when I was a teenager.

When the lightbulb is burnt out, I usually don't care.

If I can sleep in, I wake up early. If I have to get up early, I can't wake up.

I'm a backseat driver.

Queerasfck
07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
I brush my teeth two times a day and floss nightly.

I ain't afraid to say it. Sometimes I have bad hair days.

princessbelle
07-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Sometimes, I sing and dance to the radio while cooking dinner. The only person watching is me...and it makes me smile.

girl_dee
07-11-2011, 08:31 AM
I sing along very loudly, and badly, and I change the lyrics to match what I want them to.

princessbelle
07-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Me too Sassy. I rarely know the correct words to any song. When i look on you-tube and see a song with the lyrics typed out...i think OMG THAT'S the right words? Sometimes it totally changes the meaning. Too funny.

Quintease
07-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I blame myself a little bit for bad relationships, sometimes I forget coffee cups and leave them sitting all over the house, I wash dishes only when I begin running out of clean ones, I change my underwear more than once a day.

I raise my voice when I'm frustrated and also when I'm excited, I laugh sometimes when I'm nervous, I like to share my achievements with the world, I have an active FB account yet I often forget to text people back.

I can't suffer fools especially when they've made me look the fool, I forgive my badly behaved pets everything, I feel smug about my happy relationship, I try not to think too much about my financial difficulties.

I love chocolate, almost as much as I love sleep and more than I love shoes.

Jess
07-11-2011, 10:25 AM
We have "city water" now, so we might be closer to regular :)

nycfem
07-11-2011, 06:43 PM
We watch television during dinner and pause it if the need to conversate arises.

MsTinkerbelly
07-12-2011, 07:55 AM
We always eat dinner together at the dinning room table.

Funny story...

When we first got our dog and sat down to dinner, he would go and lay on the kitchen floor or in the living room on the couch. Oh how lucky we are we said, how wonderful it is that he's trained!

Fast forward to me sitting down on the couch with a frozen fruit pop; that dog was in my face so fast he almost got the pop from me before I could react! Seems the previous owners never sat at the table to eat, so he hadn't known what was going on! We still laugh at the expression on my face.:|

princessbelle
07-12-2011, 08:50 AM
A gathering place for my family is my mom's kitchen.

All the problems of the world have always been solved here....they always will be.

A good cup of coffee and clear thoughts come easy at momma's table.

Kätzchen
03-21-2013, 04:44 PM
I like to sit out on my patio deck, late in the evening, and listen to my nieghbors or the kids when they're playing outside.

My son and I live on opposite sides of our home and it seems we always see each other in the kitchen - either when I'm making some coffee or making some unusual supper or when we sit down to have a meal together.

It seems like I do the laundry at least twice a week: Saturday afternoons for bed linens and towels and wash clothes; Tuesday afternoons for our own clothes. I iron once in a great while - mostly for my son, which I sometimes will do that, late at night.

nycfem
03-21-2013, 04:47 PM
BB and I often end up trying to move past each other in our small nyc apartment with its narrow spaces, so one of us will say, "Back that bus up," and the other of us will move back saying, "Beep...beep...beep" in order to make room for the other one to get by.

Kätzchen
03-29-2013, 02:03 PM
I bought an extra serving of chinese take-out, the other night, because there was a homeless person outside the store (with a sign asking for money) who looked like they were hungry. I gave it to them when I left the store. In the spontanaity of the moment, they hugged me. I left in tears. I could easily be them.

Kätzchen
12-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Over the past few weeks, I've gone overboard in 'spring cleaning' my home and now that I've rearranged lots of things in the kitchen and bathroom and even in my own bedroom, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for - half the time. My son told me to stop 'spring cleaning' the house because he hates to see me having to 'spring clean' the house again, right after everything looks so nice.

TruTexan
12-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Over the past few weeks, I've gone overboard in 'spring cleaning' my home and now that I've rearranged lots of things in the kitchen and bathroom and even in my own bedroom, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for - half the time. My son told me to stop 'spring cleaning' the house because he hates to see me having to 'spring clean' the house again, right after everything looks so nice.

I am going to do so called Spring cleaning Next month again, I have an apt. inspection where I live, so must be done at least 2x a year, Jan and then again mid year so not to have any clutter or stuff I don't need anymore. I'm almost done already giving stuff I don't use away, so not much left to give out now. WOOHOOOO. If I don't use something for say a couple months, out it goes when I do the spring cleaning, unless I've just put it aside cause it's the wrong time of year to use it. I'm gonna make someone happy to get some clothing that I no longer use. :)

Kätzchen
05-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Today, I stayed in the moment and tended to reality at work.

Then, I came home and got caught up on legal documents that needed careful attention.

Now, after having a bit of supper, I will most likely take a very long bath. Then set the alarm so I don't miss the taxi cab in the morning.

Summer, in our universe, begins tomorrow. :stillheart:

Gayandgray
02-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Definately a Regular Folk here! : ) I work full time on the second shift, so don't get home till around midnight. Let dogs out, make sure my spouse has eaten and taken her meds, hang out with her and our dogs watching tv, playing on my phone, reading, etc for a few hours. Mornings if she doesn't have doctor or therapy appts, it's cooking, cleaning, laundry, helping her with her am care, playing with my dogs before work. If I can fit in a little ME time, great. If not, I meditate on my 45 minute commute to work, and again coming home. Days off depend on how she is feeling that particular day, whether she is up to going out. We love the beach and I push her wheelchair on the boardwalk any time she is willing to go, hang out with friends sometimes, I work in the yard. Kinda boring I guess compared to how active we were before she got sick. But hey, we make the best of what we got and we are happy, so that's all that matters.

meridiantoo
02-11-2016, 10:24 PM
What makes me regular folk:

I grew up raised by a single parent - latch-key kid who could have done so much worse than I did, if I had only known the options. :|

The best day each week was grocery store day. Why? Because then you got goodies/snacks that would last about 2 days, but boy were those 2 days awesome. :eatinghersheybar:

I don't get Christmas cards from the White House.

I smile sweetly, knowingly, when I see an elderly person in the store, having reached an age that I have the beginning of a revelation of what I am headed towards, getting closer and closer as each day passes. The loneliness, the worry, the fear, the confusion of the ever changing world around them. It truly breaks my heart. And I know for every 1 I see, there are hundreds, probably thousands, who are stuck at home, immobile, unable to make a trip to the store.

I eat peanut butter and banana sammiches. I eat cold pizza.

I join the morning coffee train every day. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would move at all. I don't buy gourmet coffee.

I work, I do laundry, I clean house, I walk the dog, clean the cat box.

I wait my turn in line.

I have socks with holes in them. I'm ok with that. I could darn them, if I could do it neater than a 5 year old with a playskool knitting kit. They are warn in, comfy friends. I'll wear them until my foot slides through them.

~ocean
02-11-2016, 10:28 PM
this regular folk worked hard all my life ~ see I got boo-boo's

Kelt
02-11-2016, 10:41 PM
I have always been a creature of habit and routine. It's what made me feel stable and productive. It was how I accomplished goals, fix the habit, fix the problem. That kind of thing.

A year and a half ago my world and all of my established routines went away and it's been a steady stream of getting knocked this way and that by circumstances ever since.

While I've learned a lot about managing chaos, I sure do read about peoples steady routines with envy now.

Here's to the regular folks!

TruTexan
02-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I can't stand unorganized and cluttered stuff. I'm in the midst of doing some cleaning up at a junk yard I'm helping to organize right now for some cashola. Man, this stuff is a complete mess around there. I do NOT understand how anyone could run a business that you don't have a computerized inventory of parts, cars, etc. and having parts laying all around and trash in the office area where customers come in. OMFG, it's going to be a nightmare getting the bossman to get his act together and make room for me some shelves in the shop so I can organize stuff and tag it so we can find it all. It's going to be a long while before its all said and done. UGH

homoe
02-12-2016, 12:55 AM
I guess I'm just regular folk because I;'m down to earth! I don't put on airs or feel I'm better than anyone else! I always try to treat others as I'd like to be treated. I pay my bills and I pay taxes IF I owe them!

girl_dee
06-24-2017, 04:33 AM
5 big dogs
10+ cats
16 hens
1 (lucky) rooster
4 pigs
an extensive Fairyvillage
Vegetable gardens
Umpteen Flower gardens
A barn
A barnhouse, including Princess Tower
2 scatterbrained girls
2 bois
A very proficient Syr

The most normal thing we do here is have coffee every morning, which I am now. The rest of the day is anything goes, but it all gets done. The evenings are wrapped up with a lovely family dinner for 3 and quiet time (Unless the riding crop comes out) and bedtime before 10:30.

Is that regular?

update!

my regular is
just Dix and me
enjoying the smallest space i have ever lived in
working m-f 40 hours
dating
paying the bills
long walks

Chad
06-24-2017, 06:57 AM
I think many folks would find my adult life boring or even too demanding.

As a professional scientist I work long hours and travel often. My work is usually Monday-Friday with some travel overlap during the weekend.

I own a small ranch (called a ranchette in Texas). The house and land require constant work so I can be found clearing brush, mowing, or cleaning house in my spare time.

I hang out with family and friends when I can find the time.

I cook all my own food unless I am traveling and have to eat out. I rarely eat fast food.

My daily happiness comes from my home and my two kitties. I am loved and respected by my friends and family.

I am so normal that a friend of 30 years nicknamed me "Ward" many decades ago. Ward as in Leave it to Beaver's dad. Haha!

:cowboy:

homoe
06-24-2017, 07:34 AM
I think many folks would find my adult life boring or even too demanding.

As a professional scientist I work long hours and travel often. My work is usually Monday-Friday with some travel overlap during the weekend.

I own a small ranch (called a ranchette in Texas). The house and land require constant work so I can be found clearing brush, mowing, or cleaning house in my spare time.

I hang out with family and friends when I can find the time.

I cook all my own food unless I am traveling and have to eat out. I rarely eat fast food.

My daily happiness comes from my home and my two kitties. I am loved and respected by my friends and family.

I am so normal that a friend of 30 years nicknamed me "Ward" many decades ago. Ward as in Leave it to Beaver's dad. Haha!

:cowboy:

"ranchette"? That sounds a little girlish.........:giggle:

Chad
06-24-2017, 07:41 AM
"ranchette"? That sounds a little girlish.........:giggle:

Haha! Yes it does but that is the saying for ranches under 40 acres. :)