PDA

View Full Version : Femme Fashion

AlphaDrug
08-12-2011, 09:58 AM
:moonstars: So the Butchs have a thread for their fashions, and how the hell do we not have one for us?! ^__^

Post what you like to wear and how you like to wear it. Photos are good too! Lets make the Butchs drool. <3

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/alphadrug/ParisInterlope.jpg

I made a comment about 1920's fashion on the Butch thread, and just wanted to share what my 1920's fashion style would have been, this is on of my favorite dresses and I wear it any chance I get, usually without the headband... lol It's a silver beaded flapper dress with hundreds of beaded fringe falling off it all over the place.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/alphadrug/36838_1390082631847_1225530088_31037834_6960039_n. jpg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/alphadrug/34019_1323626210849_1236666104_30709731_7914382_n. jpg

Outside of my crazy interest in historic fashions, I usually dress in tight jeans with a cute tight fitted top, usually frilly or lacey to be honest. 95% of my wardrobe is black though... I need to work on that. Haha!

julieisafemme
08-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Fun! This is one of my favorite femme fashion sites. It is not necessarily what I would wear but I love the posts and pictures and descriptions of the clothes!!

http://fitforafemme.com/blog/

My taste runs very conservative and old school. I loved those hat pins you wore in another picture.

The_Lady_Snow
08-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Grunge, leather, boots, dresses it depends on the occasion, place, or mood! Great thread!

AlphaDrug
08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/FishiesG0Pook/185390_2028760078384_1225530088_32040464_2729039_n .jpg

:moonstars: Going out tonight, Town in DC, and tomorrow night, Grand Central in Bmore... having trouble picking what to wear. So far I'm leaning toward the red dress tonight and the black dress tomorrow.

The_Lady_Snow
08-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Love the red, & polka dot is CUTE!!!!!

Gemme
08-12-2011, 06:10 PM
It depends on what day you catch me and what's going on, really. I have everything from yuppy-wear to frilly femmie foo foo stuff. Mostly it's about comfort for me.

Artdecogoddess
08-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Excellent thread! LOVE this...

I am gravitating towards pinup style lately - its quirkey and cool and I can dull it down enough to wear to work (flats not heels, cardigan over the low cut top, etc etc)

Red Dirt Girl
08-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Hey! We're on our way to the Phase tonight. It's nothing like Town but it's one of my favs. I'm in a black skirt with pretty pink sequined hearts, if you happen to stop by. :)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/FishiesG0Pook/185390_2028760078384_1225530088_32040464_2729039_n .jpg

:moonstars: Going out tonight, Town in DC, and tomorrow night, Grand Central in Bmore... having trouble picking what to wear. So far I'm leaning toward the red dress tonight and the black dress tomorrow.

MissPriss
08-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Heels, Heels and more heels. I am a proud Heelaholic! Its safe to say I have at least 3 in every color ranging from 2.00 to 2000.00. I love skirts and dresses and the majority of the time thats what I wear. lowrider jeans and shorts, flip flops, tons of tank tops most with some sort of cocky saying on them, camo!! and lots of it,lots of black and red, silk, lace I most likely own one of everything that can be found or has been sold in the past 10 years from Victorias Secret..its kind of my home away from home!

cara
08-12-2011, 08:31 PM
During the work week, I do business casual unless the trustees are in the office. Once home, you will usually find me in jeans, a t-shirt, and a black hoodie. On weekends if I'm at home, I'm usually wearing a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt. I generally go for comfort, but if money were no object, I would probably dress up and go out more.

:stillheart:

Soft*Silver
08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I wear riding boots with spurs and thick leather belts with a buckle that would hurt...with my pink cowboy hat

I also have soft sundresses, flowing evening gowns and lacie tank tops

and I like being in my soft terry cloth short sets around the house

I pretty much dont do the younger gen clothes. I am too old and too unimpressed with things that arent designed for Dames my age...

Novelafemme
08-12-2011, 10:27 PM
i am also a heels girl. :) this past year i have been on an orange, polkadot, slingback hunt and have found that kate spade makes them in to die for styles!! mostly i wear vintage. dresses, shoes, handbags, jewelry...you name it. if it came from the 30's through the 60's, you can pretty much bank on it that i will love it! if i were filthy rich i would be wearing more haute couture items made by sorbier, gaultier, dior and andre. <drool> but for now i stick to my thrift store and ebay finds. ;)

betenoire
08-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Mostly I am going to be pissed once summer is over and it will no longer be reasonable to wear flipflops every day.

AlphaDrug
08-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Hey! We're on our way to the Phase tonight. It's nothing like Town but it's one of my favs. I'm in a black skirt with pretty pink sequined hearts, if you happen to stop by. :)

:moonstars: Sadly I wanted to go to Phase, but no one I was with was 21... except me. I'm looking forward to meeting you in a week though.

There were only a SMALL handful of butches there, and fag hags outranked the lesbians by 10-1. T_T It was awful and I didn't dance with anyone but myself and my friends.

Red Dirt Girl
08-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Phase was dead, dead, dead. And after that it was a little more dead. Never have I seen it so empty in all my years in the area. Yeah, as far as I know, Town is more of a gay boy place, isn't it?
:moonstars: Sadly I wanted to go to Phase, but no one I was with was 21... except me. I'm looking forward to meeting you in a week though.

There were only a SMALL handful of butches there, and fag hags outranked the lesbians by 10-1. T_T It was awful and I didn't dance with anyone but myself and my friends.

AlphaDrug
08-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Phase was dead, dead, dead. And after that it was a little more dead. Never have I seen it so empty in all my years in the area. Yeah, as far as I know, Town is more of a gay boy place, isn't it?

:moonstars: I know this is getting off topic buuuuuuut... it panned out like this, 65% gay men, 25% straight women, 8% femmes, 2% butch. I wanted to cry, there were all of maybe 7 or 8 butches there and I'm pretty sure they ALL had girlfriends. :bigcry:

Botticelli64
08-14-2011, 12:55 AM
That is a stunning dress.

Botticelli64
08-14-2011, 01:00 AM
who also spends a lot of time in long black skirts. Being a goth in the 80's meant that I developed an addiction to long black skirts and black lace blouses, and black mary jane shoes. However I have been known to mix it up with green and pink and purple. I wear vintage and home made clothing and spend way too much time on Etsy.

Medusa
08-15-2011, 06:44 PM
:|:|:|:|:|

http://www.zappos.com/product/7791822/color/585

http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/4/8/1481525-p-DETAILED.jpg

Ohhhhh, to wear heels again!:blueheels:

Medusa
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
And WANT:

http://www.zappos.com/rsvp-alli-wild-berry

http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/5/4/1544989-p-DETAILED.jpg

Artdecogoddess
08-15-2011, 07:56 PM
@ Medusa - Holy Mother of Pumps - simply stunning....

http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/popup.aspx?psrc=images%2Fproduct%2Flarge%2F10200.j pg

http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/popup.aspx?psrc=images%2Fproduct%2Flarge%2F10200.j pg

LaneyDoll
08-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Oooo, pretty heels! I adore high heels and do not own any "sensible shoes." I have one pair of flip-flops (aka toe rapers) that I bought for a recent trip to Florida-they are still in the trunk of my car.

:sparklyheart:

Medusa
08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I love flip-flops and have about 10 different pairs! Some have sparkles, some have Hello Kitty, some are "athletic" flip-flops with arch support! HA!

AlphaDrug
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
:moonstars: On the topic of heels!! I have a problem I need help sorted out or fixed, I love my heels and I love my platforms and what-have-you. The girl I just started dating is an inch shorter then I am in flats... T_T I've always dated girls taller then I am, so heels were never a problem. How do you handle dating someone shorter and still wear heels? I dont like the idea of towering over her... but I love my heels and the way they make my legs look! :seeingstars:

AlphaDrug
08-22-2011, 08:16 PM
:moonstars: I went on a first day this past Friday and this is what I wore! What cha think bois and girls?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/FishiesG0Pook/DateNight002_edited-1.jpg

Gemme
08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
:moonstars: I went on a first day this past Friday and this is what I wore! What cha think bois and girls?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/FishiesG0Pook/DateNight002_edited-1.jpg

Pretttttty!

Oh, and I want those white shoes with the funky heels to your right and I'm intrigued with the black and white polka dotted thing crumpled up on the floor on your left.

AlphaDrug
08-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Pretttttty!

Oh, and I want those white shoes with the funky heels to your right and I'm intrigued with the black and white polka dotted thing crumpled up on the floor on your left.

Haha! The white shoes with the wooden soles are called Rocking Horse Shoes, they're pretty old and beaten up, first made popular by Vivian Westwood in her fashion shows, the models fell and tripped all other themselves because they didn't know how to walk in the platforms. ^_^ Some come with thick ankle straps while other ribbon up the leg like ballet shoes.

The black and white polka dot thing is a big Hello Kitty bag, like a beachbag or overnight bag... Haha.

Gemme
08-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Okay, I definitely want the bag.

lol

ruby_woo
10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Yay, are we talking about clothes? I spend waaaay too much time on Etsy looking at vintage dresses. My vintage collection has seriously doubled since I discovered Etsy had a crap-ton of plus size vintage dresses.

I used to be more goth, but these days my uniform is black pencil skirt, black tights, high heeled oxfords, and cute sweater or blouse.

SecretAgentMa'am
10-24-2011, 10:44 PM
I have the clothes I would wear if I could afford them and had anyplace to wear them to. Then I have my actual wardrobe. I would love to wear sexy rockabilly dresses, vintage 1940's dresses, great big, fabulous heels, all with stockings and garters every day.

In reality, I'm an unemployed college student and I ride a scooter to school every day, and safety trumps fashion. So my actual wardrobe is generally jeans, fitted baby tees, and my stompy 28-eyelet Doc Marten's, along with my pink and black armored jacket and pink helmet.

Artdecogoddess
10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
OMG TORRID!

Check it out on line - clearance sale!!!! Lots of fierce 40's style.
Love me some pencil skirts!!!

ADG

Indyfem
10-25-2011, 03:06 PM
That's cute!

Zimmeh
10-30-2011, 07:25 PM
I normally wear black Kenneth Cole slacks, a cute top and a cardigan to work everyday. I love wearing clothes that compliment my body shape and I tend to buy more pants and skinny jeans than skirts. Working in the retail industry for almost ten years forced me into pants. I have several skirts that I like to wear out to dinner with some really cute tights.

My favorite shoe designer is Kenneth Cole and his shoes are timeless...Ask Medusa who got to see my Kenneth Cole 9-2-5 Technology heels. This si the pair that I own:

http://www.kennethcole.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3783555&cp=3075218.3075225.3075256

This is the other pair that I own and everyone wants to borrow them

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/sweet-hart-flat-red.html

Weak ankles make it hard for me to wear heels longer then half an hour, so I normally like wearing flats or Skechers.

I also love to shop at Talbots, Ann Taylor and White House Black Market or Target...Torrid is a kick ass store and I still love to shop there!

Zimmeh

Zimmeh
10-30-2011, 07:27 PM
While browsing the site where I found the image for my second pair of Kenneth Cole shoes, I found these and I would definately rock them!

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/buckle-up-wedge-camel-cognac.html

And these...

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/galone-2-black-patent.html

Shoes are my best friend!!!!

Zimmeh

Rivkeh
12-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Yay, are we talking about clothes? I spend waaaay too much time on Etsy looking at vintage dresses. My vintage collection has seriously doubled since I discovered Etsy had a crap-ton of plus size vintage dresses.

I used to be more goth, but these days my uniform is black pencil skirt, black tights, high heeled oxfords, and cute sweater or blouse.

...Yes :) love vintage style-especially 40's and 50's

this is one of my favorite places to check out at the moment.....

http://dolldeluxe.bigcartel.com/

Nat
01-24-2012, 01:19 PM
I've decided to stop being quite so self-expressive at work and to begin trying to look promotable. I'm currently in a position which requires 2 years time before the next promotion at this company, but I've decided to attempt to dress like a professional for work. This is a new path for me, since I've tended to think of work as something I have to do and at the clothes I wear as whatever I can get away with. Anyway, I'm currently attempting to revamp my work-wardrobe in order to make me appear more professional. Thank the gods for the Austin Goodwill, where I have found some lovely snappy blazers and vests. I don't want to go to work looking like a corporate automaton, but it's occurred to me that my goals in life are changing. I would like to put myself through a sort of self-styled finishing school. I am proud of my upbringing and my class as well as my eccentricity and general fashion silliness, but in order to have a position that pays well enough for me to do things like purchase a home, have children, put them through college one day - I need steady work and a higher income. I want my boss to not think twice about having me in meetings with the higher-ups or to task me with things that require the competence I already possess.

Anyway, I've been reading some books regarding the current "rules" of corporate dress for women, and I may be posting some of this info here in this thread. I would love to hear about other femmes' professional wardrobe choices - including finishing touches and the like. <3

Leigh
01-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Well I think I'm seriously out of the loop when it comes to femme fashion ~ I gotta get back with the times :D

genghisfawn
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM

^^ This. And business wear in the office.

ruby_woo
01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
I am so clueless on proper business wear. If I suddenly started working in an office that required it, I'd be SOL because I've never owned a suit in my life. I don't know if it's a Vancouver/West Coast thing, or just specific to my company because we're in the outdoor industry, but people at my office wear jeans, yoga pants, Gore-Tex, and flip flops.

I'm wearing a black skirt, a tan sweater from Banana Republic, and flat brown boots and I'm considered super dressed up. /kanyeshrug

ruby_woo
01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Well I think I'm seriously out of the loop when it comes to femme fashion ~ I gotta get back with the times :D

You have a large team of femmes here that can help you out! :)

Leigh
01-24-2012, 03:37 PM
You have a large team of femmes here that can help you out! :)

That would be fantastic ruby, I'm all excited just thinking about it :D

Quintease
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Hello! I don't know where to put this so I'm putting this here! *excited*

2kcdt4_5Ncc

Sassy
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
:moonstars: On the topic of heels!! I have a problem I need help sorted out or fixed, I love my heels and I love my platforms and what-have-you. The girl I just started dating is an inch shorter then I am in flats... T_T I've always dated girls taller then I am, so heels were never a problem. How do you handle dating someone shorter and still wear heels? I dont like the idea of towering over her... but I love my heels and the way they make my legs look! :seeingstars:

As someone who is short and everyone towers over... don't sweat it. She probably loves the way your legs look in heels too ;)

Leigh
02-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I bought my first nightie in like 4-5 years! Its black and fits perfectly ~ feels weird a little but I like it :)

Ginger
03-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a little advice.

I have layered hair, blond (hell yes I get highlights!), thick but fine, naturally wavy, past my shoulders, and I blow dry it every other day or so. I'm thinking of getting a curling iron, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that doesn't break or damage their hair.

Thanks!

IslandScout

Gemme
03-27-2012, 07:17 AM

I have layered hair, blond (hell yes I get highlights!), thick but fine, naturally wavy, past my shoulders, and I blow dry it every other day or so. I'm thinking of getting a curling iron, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that doesn't break or damage their hair.

Thanks!

IslandScout

Good luck with that, since the act of applying the heat to your hair is technically damaging.

There's a thread around here.....for this very kind of thing. I'll try to find it and bump it so you can see if someone there can help. :)

justkim
03-27-2012, 07:50 AM

Thanks!

IslandScout

No matter what you use you will have some kind of damage. You need to be sure you are preparing the hair when you use any kind of tool that involves heat. Are you using a heat protect-ant when you blow dry? When you use it that is what you see steaming off of the hair, some people layer their products. I have short hair and use 2 to 3 products on my hair. What are you looking to achieve by using a curling iron?

Leigh
03-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Myself and a friend of mine from high school went shopping last week and I bought the first skirt that I have owned in years! Its black and white and fits perfectly ~ I look forward to buying more in the future :D

Just had to share since its pretty exciting!

Ginger
03-27-2012, 05:20 PM
No matter what you use you will have some kind of damage. You need to be sure you are preparing the hair when you use any kind of tool that involves heat. Are you using a heat protect-ant when you blow dry? When you use it that is what you see steaming off of the hair, some people layer their products. I have short hair and use 2 to 3 products on my hair. What are you looking to achieve by using a curling iron?

Hi, Kim.

I like that straight hair look that I'm seeing a lot now, and that's what I'm looking to get with a curling iron. Since my hair is long now I thought it would be fun to have it be more straight, that it would have more "swing."

No, I don't use a product specifically designed to protect against heat when blow drying—that is a very good question and I should see what's out there.

I do use an Aveda leave-in conditioner called Damage Remedy, and an Aveda "smoothing fluid" in their Light Elements line. Sometimes for control I use the Light Elements "detailing wax" which is like hair spray without alcohol.

But no, none of these products is expressly for protection with blow drying or curling irons.

And I never see steam coming off my hair when I blow dry it, so maybe I need to get something to protect it against the hot air.

Thanks for writing!
IslandScout

Ginger
03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Myself and a friend of mine from high school went shopping last week and I bought the first skirt that I have owned in years! Its black and white and fits perfectly ~ I look forward to buying more in the future :D

Just had to share since its pretty exciting!

Have fun with that! I started buying wrap dresses last fall, and now I have quite a few. I find they're more forgiving, now that I've gained some weight. Plus they have a kind of retro quality to them that I like.

Gemme
03-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi, Kim.

I like that straight hair look that I'm seeing a lot now, and that's what I'm looking to get with a curling iron. Since my hair is long now I thought it would be fun to have it be more straight, that it would have more "swing."

No, I don't use a product specifically designed to protect against heat when blow drying—that is a very good question and I should see what's out there.

I do use an Aveda leave-in conditioner called Damage Remedy, and an Aveda "smoothing fluid" in their Light Elements line. Sometimes for control I use the Light Elements "detailing wax" which is like hair spray without alcohol.

But no, none of these products is expressly for protection with blow drying or curling irons.

And I never see steam coming off my hair when I blow dry it, so maybe I need to get something to protect it against the hot air.

Thanks for writing!
IslandScout

Kim knows hair, so she'll be a great resource for you. :)

My question would be, if you are trying to straighten your hair, why you want to use a curling iron versus a flat iron?

justkim
03-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Honestly you can use a larger barreled curling iron like a flat iron. Just ask your stylist since you use Aveda they offer many types of product that can be a heat protectant and also a styling aid.

aishah
03-27-2012, 11:11 PM
how i wish i dressed and how i actually dress are sometimes two different things, hehe :) i love heels but i can't wear them that much - i usually live in mary janes or sneakers. i've been wanting to order clothes from these two sites for a while...they are definitely what my style would be if money weren't an object:
http://holyclothing.com/
http://www.lotustraders.net/

i also really like http://www.eshakti.com/ and http://www.s2fashions.com/ - i've ordered from both sites before and i still have some cute clothes from them :)

i've always tended towards dresses and skirts, but i usually wear pants underneath because i walk a lot and i hate it when my legs rub together. i only started wearing jeans again in the past couple of years - i spent several years without wearing them at all.

i got a few cute tops at t.j. maxx yesterday so i'll try to post pictures! :) i love the sites everyone has posted.

Christy51274
03-28-2012, 05:21 AM

Love it all!

Christy51274
03-28-2012, 05:48 AM
I know you mentioned that you're looking for a curling iron, however I've been straightening my hair for years and have tried many products/tools. I've owned a Sedu since 2006 and will never use another. It's over $100, but the investment is definitely worth it. It's a flat iron, not a curling iron, but is one of the best out there. Read the reviews below:

Amazon.com: Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron 1" - Black: Beauty

I use Redken's Smooth Down Heat Glide, which works like a miracle! (The shampoo and conditioner are great as well)

Also, look into Keratin hair treatments (also known as Brazilian straightening). They're a bit pricey, but won't damage your hair and will keep it straight for a few months at a time.

Good luck,
Christy
:blueheels:

Thanks!

IslandScout

Gemme
03-28-2012, 06:05 AM
I know you mentioned that you're looking for a curling iron, however I've been straightening my hair for years and have tried many products/tools. I've owned a Sedu since 2006 and will never use another. It's over $100, but the investment is definitely worth it. It's a flat iron, not a curling iron, but is one of the best out there. Read the reviews below:

Amazon.com: Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron 1" - Black: Beauty (http://www.amazon.com/Sedu-Revolution-Tourmaline-Ionic-Styling/dp/B003AJLQ4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332935170&sr=8-1)

I use Redken's Smooth Down Heat Glide, which works like a miracle! (The shampoo and conditioner are great as well)

Also, look into Keratin hair treatments (also known as Brazilian straightening). They're a bit pricey, but won't damage your hair and will keep it straight for a few months at a time.

Good luck,
Christy

I haven't heard of that brand. I have a Chi and it was also about a c note. I love it though and, as long as I keep the receipt, if it ever breaks I can get a new one, no matter what store I bring it to. Love that!

Suave just came out with a DIY at home keratin treatment. I'm going to try it in about a week.

Ginger
03-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Kim knows hair, so she'll be a great resource for you. :)

My question would be, if you are trying to straighten your hair, why you want to use a curling iron versus a flat iron?

That's a good question and I feel kind of silly! Duh! A curling iron curls! I was thinking that it straightens, LOL.

My hair, by the way, is straight by all standards. I'm blond, and it's kind of wavy if I don't blow dry it. But I like that uber-straight look. I'm going to go to Harmon's tonight and check out the appliances. (That's a personal care discount place in my area.)

Leigh
03-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Have fun with that! I started buying wrap dresses last fall, and now I have quite a few. I find they're more forgiving, now that I've gained some weight. Plus they have a kind of retro quality to them that I like.

I should keep my eye out for those kind of dresses ~ I definitely want to continue my search for more dresses and skirts in the future, may even post some pics of my eventual findings :)

i've always tended towards dresses and skirts, but i usually wear pants underneath because i walk a lot and i hate it when my legs rub together. i only started wearing jeans again in the past couple of years - i spent several years without wearing them at all.

I haven't worn dresses or skirts in ages and buying that one has me itching to buy more lol I also haven't worn jeans in I don't know how long (mostly because they haven't fit me) but I am working on that

aishah
04-01-2012, 05:36 PM
a friend of mine just shared this site with me: http://shoedazzle.com

it's free to join and most of the shoes are only $40/pair. and they're BEAUTIFUL. i can't afford them right now but i'm totally adding it to my list for this summer :D (i.e. when i'm more liquid...)

Talon
04-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Thanks!

IslandScout

Hello I/S...you want to definitely use a heat-protection spray before using *any* heat tools on your hair. You don't have to spend a great deal on a thermal spray to get the benefits, although any good heat tools are pricey, but well worth the investment. I only use conditioning ceramic natural ionic energy with tourmaline heat styling tools. They are the least damaging to the hair, though nothing is completely damage-free. Some also have multiple settings to reduce damage, as well.

thedivahrrrself
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
a friend of mine just shared this site with me: http://shoedazzle.com

it's free to join and most of the shoes are only $40/pair. and they're BEAUTIFUL. i can't afford them right now but i'm totally adding it to my list for this summer :D (i.e. when i'm more liquid...)

Careful of shoedazzle! The shoes are adorable, but cheap and made of synthetic material. In my experience, they don't fit right and are very uncomfortable. Same with JustFabulous.

For $40, you can go to TJMaxx, Marshalls, DSW, or Ross and get a pair of real leather, proper fitting, last-season Steve Maddens or Nine West or BCBG or Guess shoes, among other nicer brands.

Your feet will only last you so long in heels, as many old ladies in the doctor's office waiting rooms keep reminding me, so treat them right and get them good shoes (but at a good price)!

thedivahrrrself
04-11-2012, 12:15 PM

Thanks!

IslandScout

I love, love, LOVE Hot Tools! I get it at Ulta. They have flat irons and curling irons. You can adjust the temp on it to be just warm or blazing hot, and they heat up in like 60 seconds. They're not cheap, but they'll last you forever. (I've had my first hot tools iron for 13 years.) Oh, and spend the extra money and get a ceramic iron. Helps with the frizz (I have the same kind of hair).

I definitely agree to use heat products on your hair even before you blow dry. Don't forget to post pics of your new do's!

One more thing, if your ends are getting dry, try using a Hair Masque to deep condition once a week. I recommend H2O's seaweed masque. You can get it at Ulta too (or whatever the equivalent of Ulta is near you).

aishah
04-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Careful of shoedazzle! The shoes are adorable, but cheap and made of synthetic material. In my experience, they don't fit right and are very uncomfortable. Same with JustFabulous.

For $40, you can go to TJMaxx, Marshalls, DSW, or Ross and get a pair of real leather, proper fitting, last-season Steve Maddens or Nine West or BCBG or Guess shoes, among other nicer brands.

Your feet will only last you so long in heels, as many old ladies in the doctor's office waiting rooms keep reminding me, so treat them right and get them good shoes (but at a good price)!

thanks! i had no idea. i appreciate the info.

unfortunately i can't buy cute shoes in stores...i wear an 11w and my feet are deformed. i'm lucky if i can find tennis shoes in an 11 (it does happen), but cute shoes are impossible. i have been eyeing zappo's a lot lately (i got my snow boots there) so i might try order heels there when i have the money.

edited add...re: hair dryness...

i LOVE coconut oil. i put some in after i get out of the shower and before i brush my hair out, and let it dry naturally (you could also blow dry). you only need a little. it also works well as a body moisturizer and lube. you can do a more intensive treatment by wetting your hair, putting it in, leaving it in for an hour or so, then washing your hair. henna is a great hair treatment, too - i use it to dye my hair and it's very good for hair. but sometimes it can cause extra dryness.

thedivahrrrself
04-11-2012, 12:23 PM
...Yes :) love vintage style-especially 40's and 50's

this is one of my favorite places to check out at the moment.....

http://dolldeluxe.bigcartel.com/

I NEED THIS!

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/53209443/300.jpg

thedivahrrrself
04-11-2012, 12:30 PM

unfortunately i can't buy cute shoes in stores...i wear an 11w and my feet are deformed. i'm lucky if i can find tennis shoes in an 11 (it does happen), but cute shoes are impossible. i have been eyeing zappo's a lot lately (i got my snow boots there) so i might try order heels there when i have the money.

Zappos is great. It's hard when you have wide feet. You definitely don't want to use ShoeDazzle then, their shoes are skinny as hell!

Steve Madden typically has a rounded toe and more room in that area, and the leather that Nine West uses is AMAZING at conforming to your feet (no one else will be able to borrow your Nine West shoes, they will literally have your toes molded into them). So if you're just a little wide, those may be good to try. Of course LB and Torrid both sell wide shoes. I haven't tried any of them, but they are priced very reasonably.

Happy shoe shopping!

justkim
04-11-2012, 01:50 PM

edited add...re: hair dryness...

i LOVE coconut oil. i put some in after i get out of the shower and before i brush my hair out, and let it dry naturally (you could also blow dry). you only need a little. it also works well as a body moisturizer and lube. you can do a more intensive treatment by wetting your hair, putting it in, leaving it in for an hour or so, then washing your hair. henna is a great hair treatment, too - i use it to dye my hair and it's very good for hair. but sometimes it can cause extra dryness.

It has been my experience that henna is NOT safe for your hair as it contains metal. I have seen woman lose all of their hair from using henna. As far as using coconut oil to recondition your hair, don't shampoo it out. You are defeating the purpose, also don't put it directly on the scalp. If you feel you have applied too much use a good absorbent paper towel and gently blot your hair.
Hot tools rock and are well worth the price. The really nice thing, which has been mentioned, is that you can adjust the temp. Which I would totally recommend keeping on a medium setting. Always remember to apply a heat protectant to your hair, this helps to protect the hair from a percent of damage that can happen when using curling irons, flat irons, ect. As a licensed Cosmetologist we use hot tools in the salon and the best part is if they should have a problem you can return them, just be sure to keep your receipt.

Happy styling!

aishah
04-11-2012, 01:52 PM
It has been my experience that henna is NOT safe for your hair as it contains metal. I have seen woman lose all of their hair from using henna. As far as using coconut oil to recondition your hair, don't shampoo it out. You are defeating the purpose, also don't put it directly on the scalp. If you feel you have applied too much use a good absorbent paper towel and gently blot your hair.

thanks! do you know if this was body art quality henna they were using? i've used baq henna (it comes in a plain powder that you have to mix and prepare yourself, as it's just the powdered plant) on my hair and body for several years, and i know women who have used it their whole lives with no problems. in some cultures people have been using it for thousands of years with no problems. i know that the kind that comes pre-mixed in a box tends to have really dangerous chemicals in it, though, and i warn people away from that.

ruby_woo
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Does anyone here know anything about hairspray? The guy I'm dating is super sensitive to smelly, chemical filled hairsprays, and it would be nice if my hair could look cute while not making him allergic to my head. Any suggestions for non-smelly, naturalish hairsprays? Even the "Unscented" Dove hairspray I tried at the drugstore smelled awful.

aishah
04-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Does anyone here know anything about hairspray? The guy I'm dating is super sensitive to smelly, chemical filled hairsprays, and it would be nice if my hair could look cute while not making him allergic to my head. Any suggestions for non-smelly, naturalish hairsprays? Even the "Unscented" Dove hairspray I tried at the drugstore smelled awful.

http://eastbaymeditation.org/accessibility/scentfree.html has a list of good products. i've also been able to find some great unscented products that are actually unscented at health food/natural food stores (versus mainstream drugstores, where a lot of "unscented" stuff still smells). hope this helps!

edited to add: also, a friend recommends magick botanicals and/or alba botanicals' unscented hair spray. if you're looking for other kinds of hair care products (like pomade or oil) i have a few other recs :)

ruby_woo
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
http://eastbaymeditation.org/accessibility/scentfree.html has a list of good products. i've also been able to find some great unscented products that are actually unscented at health food/natural food stores (versus mainstream drugstores, where a lot of "unscented" stuff still smells). hope this helps!

edited to add: also, a friend recommends magick botanicals and/or alba botanicals' unscented hair spray. if you're looking for other kinds of hair care products (like pomade or oil) i have a few other recs :)

This is awesome, thank you! I'll mark down some of those names and try to head over to one of the health food/natural food stores this weekend. :)

thedivahrrrself
04-12-2012, 07:41 PM

It costs more, but Aveda is all-natural, no chemicals, and it smells delicious! IMO, it doesn't hold as well, but it's worth it not to make your guy sneeze!

aishah
04-12-2012, 08:33 PM
most aveda products make me sick because they have fragrance and neurotoxic chemicals, but i've never tried their hairspray.

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ is a great database for researching beauty products also :) they have a list of non-toxic beauty products.

Zimmeh
04-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Hey Leigh,

See if you have a Lane Bryant store by your house. Before I lost my weight, I would buy their tops. They also have some very cute jeans.:)

As for hair products, I use Tresemme or Redken's Smooth Down shampoo and conditioner. If you are looking for a good treatment to use after * flat ironing* your hair, I recommend Biosilk. It's expensive but it really hydrates your hair. My mom who is a hairstylist told me about it and I love it.

I bought my first dress back in January from New York and Company and I love it! I am wearing more flats to heels, due to a childhood back injury. To me, they are just as cute and sexy as heels :)

Zimmeh

I should keep my eye out for those kind of dresses ~ I definitely want to continue my search for more dresses and skirts in the future, may even post some pics of my eventual findings :)

I haven't worn dresses or skirts in ages and buying that one has me itching to buy more lol I also haven't worn jeans in I don't know how long (mostly because they haven't fit me) but I am working on that

ruby_woo
04-13-2012, 07:45 AM
It costs more, but Aveda is all-natural, no chemicals, and it smells delicious! IMO, it doesn't hold as well, but it's worth it not to make your guy sneeze!

Ooh, that's true. We stayed at a hotel recently that had complimentary Aveda bath products like the rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner, and he kept calling the front desk to get more to take home lol. Aveda hairspray might be an option as well.

thedivahrrrself
04-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Oooo, I just found the "Retro Chic" section of Torrid. I don't remember it being there before. Check out this adorable wiggle dress they offer!

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/img/b/0/0/1c7/8/AAAAC6zKr2QAAAAAAceASQ/stop-staring--black-and-pink-trim-wiggle-dress.jpg?v=1330744051000

I'm thinking they'd go well with these cute Manolos

http://www.christianlouboutinsreplicasboot.com/images/Manolo%20Blahnik%20Bow%20Ankle%20Boots%20Pink.jpg

Here's the website for Torrid Retro:

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/RetroChic.jsp

aishah
05-04-2012, 01:49 PM
terrible webcam quality image and my room is a mess, but i decided to dress up a little today...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/carnivaldaughter/Snapshot_20120504_10.jpg

black elbow-length sleeve top (t.j. maxx? or maybe goodwill. can't remember.), green skirt (old navy), black leggings (wal-mart), orange bracelet and orange and green tree of life pendant (from a friend who makes wire and stone jewelry). going to go with brown sporty-looking mary janes (merrill) since they're the most comfy non-sneaker shoes i have and i have to walk a lot today.

aishah
05-09-2012, 12:50 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/carnivaldaughter/Snapshot_20120509_8.jpg

black long-sleeved top (target), rainbow color block maxi dress (eshakti.com), blue dragonfly necklace (crazy insanity creations on etsy), blue headband (claire's), black mary janes (clark's).

this is probably my favorite dress that i own but it absolutely swallows me whole. there's so much fabric, it's ridiculous. hehehe :)

ValKyrie
06-08-2012, 01:00 PM
This is a great thread! Thanks!

Soft*Silver
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I was never much of a mall shopper and I didnt buy alot of clothes thru retail stores in general. I like thrift stores. And garage sales. Sometimes, for special wear I will buy new and in retail. Like horse related clothes. I will buy western skirts and blouses new because I couldnt find them often in thrift stores. I buy alot off ebay. My wardrobe, therefore had an eclectic tone to it. I bought sporadically whatever caught my eye...

but I am opening a plus sized women's clothing consignment shop and suddenly I am bombarded with clothes from every main store there is. And all styles and fashions. I had never even heard of Torrid before, and I have a whole rack of it now!

And I shop in my own store. I am buying what I like, but now I am seeing a definite theme presenting itself. I use to express myself with a kaleidoscope of alternative wear. Now I see a much more conservative me coming out. And oddly, its not pink and frilly. Not even lacey! I tend to go toward blues, greys, black and white. With a little red thrown in. Primary colors. Bold colors but in a conservative way. My chrissy called me butch the other day and I damn near fell over. I am NOT butch. But my hair is very very short now. And its black as black can be. And even tho I have painted toe nails and wear lacey panties and bras, I look masculinized. I am getting ALOT of compliments from family and friends. And people are stopping to look at me, second glances, like they dont know what I am at first. But I have lipstick and make up on! Do I look like a man wearing make up? Or a woman who looks masculine?

I know it works for me. I know i like it. I know its radically different than anything I have ever looked like before.

aishah
09-21-2012, 10:39 AM
i hate taking pictures but i've been trying to document reunion fashion! with my phone because i forgot to bring my digital camera, lol :) this is the most i've dressed up in years so i figured i gotta have pics for posterity.

last night's outfit:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/564243_10102286474793033_1245628981_n.jpg

today's outfit:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/230514_10102286507417653_1669455391_n.jpg

ruby_woo
09-21-2012, 11:00 AM
I love the dress colour/lip colour coordination in the first pic! Red dress and red lips is one of my favourites. :)

aishah
09-21-2012, 04:58 PM
thanks ruby! :) i used to not wear a lot of red, but i love that dress and i just picked up the new red lip gloss the other day. my partner likes the color so i've been trying it out more.

here's my outfit for cabaret - about to head down:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/548732_10102287372269483_400163861_n.jpg

Dance-with-me
09-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Loving this thread! I need a personal stylist/shopper, though, because I am short, round, 53, with bad wide flat feet that are incapable of wearing pretty heels at this point. Plus after 11 years in a bad marriage I just got way too much in the habit of being just... Frumpy. And I want to not be frumpy but I'm not sure how to get there without spending a jillion dollars on cloths -- and not even sure how to do THAT since no one seems to make clothes that look good on my body - too short and actually too small in several dimensions for most plus lines yet too big for regular sizes.

Ok off to try and find some cute flats to wear with dresses and skirts with tights this winter...

aishah
09-21-2012, 08:15 PM
my stuff is all goodwill and bfp reunion swap now, hehehehe :) i seriously just found a new wardrobe here. i totally understand your frustration, though...my size is when things start getting really frumpy and everything is short and wide. and i can't wear heels either (deformed feet) - i just wear the same sensible shoes with everything i have and pretty it up in other ways.

Dance-with-me
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Wooohoooo!!! I actually had luck tonight finding shoes that had a little heel on them, that I could wear! Naturalizer - who knew! and they were on sale! And they're cute! I got some tights to wear with the outfit I got last weekend, mostly on sale from Torrid - how did I not know about them?!?

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r636/dancingfemme/sassynewoutfit_zpsb5c1b78d.jpg

This community, in this thread and in the thread I started, asking about casual fall date outfits, has been a huge help - thanks!

Angeltoes
11-18-2012, 09:36 PM
http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/24347654205935394_XsjBZrkB_c.jpg

Angeltoes
11-18-2012, 09:37 PM
http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/82050024432229979_e9QMQ4Rd_c.jpg

Angeltoes
11-18-2012, 09:37 PM
http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/135319163773140022_Qrtl1rvw_c.jpg

Angeltoes
11-18-2012, 09:39 PM
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/268879040223987479_VEpo8mqt_c.jpg

Angeltoes
11-18-2012, 11:23 PM
There always there for you through thick and thin.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb1kkgXfYL1qfoo7bo1_400.jpg

Angeltoes
11-18-2012, 11:26 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/43258708/tumblr_mdh43mML9V1r8aup9o1_500_large.jpg

PurpleQuestions84
11-19-2012, 12:07 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/23292123043799524_5ENSJfSx_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/271060471293303417_vhIYSeQw_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/226446687485046470_sU5ggif9_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/195836283767467405_r1Cet7Ip_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/89368373825153642_DTMGQLel_c.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/skirt33.jpg

PurpleQuestions84
11-19-2012, 12:12 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/172403491956315563_d99WZs5T_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/226446687485021278_oXMX0qXX_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/226446687484949298_8cPi7Nak_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/226446687484914609_9iucJbbN_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/226446687484865005_eDuTMaQ7_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/226446687484790000_VIS78L4Z_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/226446687484746231_s7ewMO5T_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/226446687484745342_027b3a8S_b.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/disneydiva21/225039312600073722_KgxanlJu_b.jpg

Soon
11-19-2012, 06:31 AM
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/268879040223987479_VEpo8mqt_c.jpg

So sexy. This, I want.

easygoingfemme
11-19-2012, 09:55 AM
I want this: Sorry the pics are mega huge...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81xJQKAtqrL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81CeicvrmpL._SL1500_.jpg

easygoingfemme
11-19-2012, 10:01 AM
But this is what you're more likely to see me in

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/upload/2674080998344526_wVwf03S5_c.jpg

ruby_woo
11-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I just bought this dress for my office Christmas party:

http://productshots2.modcloth.com/productshots/0087/0941/69a3ec3ca7f731472a62a8aced03d46f.jpg?1316726394

I've been eyeing it for awhile now, and am excited to finally have an excuse to buy it!

Red Dirt Girl
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
help... i'm not sure if this counts as a Femme Fashion question - i'm sure there's a cosmetics thread but can't find it.

Two Qs:

1. what kind of lipstick can i get that lasts all day and doesn't smudge on napkins or butch lips? i have indeed heard such a thing exists but i'm not much of a makeup gal so i'd appreciate some help.

2. why does my nail polish never dry??? it never feels fully dry and today i got bumpy sock patterns on my toes because after 20 minutes of hobbling around barefoot the stuff still wasn't dry.

thanks!

Angeltoes
11-30-2012, 05:21 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m340aurLtF1r6e06ko1_500.jpg

Angeltoes
11-30-2012, 05:24 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbdismlkdo1rhtgs5o1_500.jpg

Angeltoes
11-30-2012, 05:36 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzcni7KjNO1rp6weoo1_500.jpg

Angeltoes
11-30-2012, 05:46 PM
http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/255016397620530238_xLNKu6aT_c.jpg

deb_U_taunt
11-30-2012, 06:03 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/224589_10151448203762262_1825111610_n.jpg

Current favorite site for clothes. I have been wearing black and grays for years. I need bright, celebrating life clothes. :)

Miss Scarlett
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Hi Red Dirt Girl, don't know if you got your answers but here are my suggestions...

Maybelline and Cover Girl both make a lasting lip color. I tried them but since my lips chap easily they weren't for me. However, the color did stay on.

Have you tried any of the quick drying nail polishes? Sally Hansen, Maybelline and Rimmel have some good ones. My latest is the Nutra Nail Gel Perfect 5 Minute. It's a 3 step process, dries very fast & hard, lasts a week or more and you can use it on your toes too.

Hope this helps...

help... i'm not sure if this counts as a Femme Fashion question - i'm sure there's a cosmetics thread but can't find it.

Two Qs:

1. what kind of lipstick can i get that lasts all day and doesn't smudge on napkins or butch lips? i have indeed heard such a thing exists but i'm not much of a makeup gal so i'd appreciate some help.

2. why does my nail polish never dry??? it never feels fully dry and today i got bumpy sock patterns on my toes because after 20 minutes of hobbling around barefoot the stuff still wasn't dry.

thanks!

JustLovelyJenn
12-01-2012, 03:29 PM
http://www.lifeinitaly.com/images/img/image004.jpg

Sev
12-25-2012, 03:27 AM
:goodpost:

I love wearing boots
Corsets
Black pencil skirts
Vintage dresses
Platform high heels (though not lately due to back problems)
Leather pants and tops
I also luv my black Doc Martins that have red roses stitched on them

Kätzchen
12-25-2012, 04:07 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/180/2/2/Red_as_Blood.jpg

JustLovelyJenn
12-25-2012, 05:19 PM
I think I am headed in this direction again... Punk with class... I used to really rock this style...
http://punk-rock-girl-hairstyles.stylesfire.com/styles/p/u/mens-punk-rock-girl-hairstyles.jpg

femmeInterrupted
02-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Love this thread!

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/550x/b1/c5/6d/b1c56d57553468ed348e9ce853a0c51c.jpg

http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/550x/0e/dc/51/0edc518bf21502ba97e95bcf8e11d39e.jpg

meridiantoo
02-28-2013, 06:41 PM
http://spotlighthosiery.com/gallery/floral_garter_stockings_one_piece_wholesale.jpg

Semantics
02-28-2013, 06:57 PM

Stila lip stain. (http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product/cherry-crush-lip-%26-cheek-stain.do?sortby=ourPicks)

I love this stuff. I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day.
I don't like lipsticks because they're waxy and I'm a lip-chewer so I always get it on my teeth.

meridiantoo
02-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Stila lip stain. (http://www.stilacosmetics.com/product/cherry-crush-lip-%26-cheek-stain.do?sortby=ourPicks)

I love this stuff. I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day.
I don't like lipsticks because they're waxy and I'm a lip-chewer so I always get it on my teeth.

Agrees :goodpost:

I would love a makeup thread, if someone else would like it also??

femmeInterrupted
03-02-2013, 01:55 PM
more super sexy foundation wear....love the back of this.

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/550x/a4/06/fd/a406fd59993c5efc7f64756b7ebb9314.jpg

Stocking LOVE
http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/550x/8b/7c/ac/8b7cac70b50662c60677ad7d51635d8a.jpg

So in love with this neckline

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/550x/22/f3/f0/22f3f04c4279d24756b398dbee926207.jpg

femmeInterrupted
03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
http://media-cache-ec1.pinterest.com/550x/0e/ae/ed/0eaeedf3f07075cbe0d7ddff82d02d7e.jpg

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/550x/40/28/1f/40281fcfa038971a5fb23c7eac3171bf.jpg

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/550x/cd/4f/68/cd4f681012cc9d8ed2daa38b606beada.jpg

Duchess
03-14-2013, 10:49 PM
http://media.redcatsecom.com/avenue/mm/0305_13862_mm.jpg?wid=180&qlt=90&op_sharpen=1

http://assets.charmingshoppes.com/is/image/LaneBryant/pr_172143_1X?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298&op_sharpen=1

http://assets.charmingshoppes.com/is/image/LaneBryant/mar_floralskirt?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298&op_sharpen=1

http://assets.charmingshoppes.com/is/image/LaneBryant/IGIGI-11159-MAIN?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298&op_sharpen=1

http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Medium/7/_7678247.jpg

http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Medium/18/_6645918.jpg

Duchess
03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_aacxGfN5VNuAXSw4f1szrasouOaoI qnNhcuZfpuzzE8zsV9F5w

Duchess
03-15-2013, 09:31 AM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5031958797026839&pid=15.1

Duchess
03-15-2013, 09:43 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWTWTTiHhygsi4heF_Y2Sr3WuhQASRF 85uQTTZT7psXoUjNmOMtg

meridiantoo
03-16-2013, 02:05 AM
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y483/ca_dence/eveningdress_zpsdc2a3be8.jpg

Soon
03-16-2013, 03:38 AM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5031958797026839&pid=15.1

Love it! Where can one find such a great skirt?

peachy
03-16-2013, 04:57 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this...I'm looking for manufactured diamond stud ear rings. Basically because they're cheaper (I'm forever losing stuff) and I keep reading about diamonds that aren't ethically sourced. Or a sparkly lilac gem to compliment my green eyes. Amethyst is my birth stone but I want something more BLING!

Does anyone know a reliable shop where I can get something like this online?

I did a google search and found one reference to a store called Diamond Essence but these are simulated diamonds not man made which is apparently different.

cheers xo

Duchess
03-17-2013, 05:56 PM
http://media.redcatsecom.com/avenue/mm/0324_26660_mm.jpg?wid=180&qlt=90&op_sharpen=1

Wore these today. When I was looking for the pic, I found they are markdown about $50 less than what I paid. Just a little riled up...lol

Duchess
03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Love it! Where can one find such a great skirt?

Nordstrom.com :)

meridiantoo
03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this...I'm looking for manufactured diamond stud ear rings. Basically because they're cheaper (I'm forever losing stuff) and I keep reading about diamonds that aren't ethically sourced. Or a sparkly lilac gem to compliment my green eyes. Amethyst is my birth stone but I want something more BLING!

Does anyone know a reliable shop where I can get something like this online?

I did a google search and found one reference to a store called Diamond Essence but these are simulated diamonds not man made which is apparently different.

cheers xo

I'm not sure how reliable these places are, but I thought I would post them in case they offer something you are looking for:

This company was featured in a USA Today news article:

[URL=]http://gemesis.com/ (]http://www.brilliantearth.com/loose-diamonds/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=eco-friendly_diamonds_Phrase&utm_campaign=Enviro_EXP[/URL)

as was this company:

This is the article from USA Today on the manufactured diamond types/processes/companies:

[URL=]http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/news/techinnovations/2005-10-06-man-made-diamonds_x.htm (]http://www.debeers.com/?region=true[/URL)

Good luck!

chai~
03-17-2013, 10:45 PM
http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/255016397620530238_xLNKu6aT_c.jpg

<3 this look!
So very safari, yet conservative and sharp!

Duchess
03-19-2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.designercurves.com/images/swimwear/DC-SA90069pink-2.jpg

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/uniquelymeboutique_2250_275071407

little_ms_sunshyne
03-19-2013, 06:32 PM
http://www.designercurves.com/images/swimwear/DC-SA90069pink-2.jpg

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/uniquelymeboutique_2250_275071407

Love them!

Kobi
03-23-2013, 12:51 PM
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/192x/74/87/9f/74879f32f01d6c0b678a42ec80a78230.jpg

I don't usually intrude on femme space but these intrigued me.

Duchess
03-27-2013, 08:34 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411CYPsXwNL._AA160_.jpg

~baby~doll~
05-17-2013, 09:44 PM
http://content.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/product/zoom/18/_5729478.jpg

i just love this

~baby~doll~
05-17-2013, 09:47 PM
http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/470681100/free-shipping-wholesale-manufacturers-supply-2011-new-ladies-dress-women-s-dress-MOQ-1pc-8022.jpg

http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/374197705/Spring-New-Arrival-Women-s-Dress-New-Vest-Sleeveless-Cocktail-Party-Evening-Mini-Dresses-Wholesales-KM1810.jpg

VintageFemme
05-17-2013, 10:08 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTU1MFgxNTUw/$(KGrHqN,!h0E-jEcunp+BPzdNGT3ug~~60_35.JPG

http://media-cache-ec4.pinimg.com/192x/c1/1d/5c/c11d5cc1103f0782cda65e38d7477105.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0M_5SSXIrC4VNY1u_mxKAwkbGcXsQj 7DCCwxkMfUKuJ9sznnN

http://data.whicdn.com/images/11315227/42663026_x3IIbybN_c_thumb.jpg

http://cdnb.lystit.com/photos/2012/09/11/haute-hippie-lace-embellished-mini-skirt-product-5-4704756-493832363_large_flex.jpeg

femmeInterrupted
05-18-2013, 08:04 AM
http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/35133330/300.jpg

This silk wrap dress is gorgeous!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b5/2e/a1/b52ea16a0163f6540d6263172867ecf8.jpg

Love the collar on this!

http://media-cache-ec4.pinimg.com/736x/b6/5f/70/b65f702c0f5d89bde444c41997adb16e.jpg

I live in these skirts all summer. I have this colour, plus a few black ones. Thai silk, and they are sooooo comfortable!

~baby~doll~
05-18-2013, 08:15 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-u0FwI_cL1M0/Tbbesked6HI/AAAAAAAAccA/nTLLwP2SC9o/s615/blue-pleated-skirt.jpg

Venus007
05-18-2013, 11:15 AM
http://i.statigi.com/i/cache/352x480/i/bridgitte-sweater-dressfront.jpghttp://i.statigi.com/i/cache/352x480/i/miuccia-jacket-front1.jpg

~baby~doll~
05-21-2013, 07:14 PM
http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/5759831/il_340x270.243981882.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/192x/09/64/89/09648942dc2c0b93de25921ec2b3a9e1.jpg

http://img2.etsystatic.com/006/0/5333497/il_224xN.388622790_l61e.jpg

~baby~doll~
05-23-2013, 07:14 AM
http://www.wall321.com/thumbnails/detail/20120617/dress%20flowers%20patterns%20steampunk%20artwork%2 0anime%20hats%20anime%20girls%201920x1080%20wallpa per_www.wall321.com_84.jpg

~baby~doll~
05-23-2013, 08:54 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z1fe6zIksw0/TNztsVUZ_8I/AAAAAAAAAiE/LFTqRFmRr-c/s1600/precious-time-vogue-italia.jpeg

StoneOne
05-24-2013, 11:49 AM
This is sooooooo Hot
OOOPPPPPP
To babydoll up above

Venus007
05-24-2013, 05:28 PM
I would wear a red rose boutineer with this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HijhRK2BkjA/S8mvp-X1ZMI/AAAAAAAACaE/p13mtxRjn6g/s400/vsuits.jpg

femmeInterrupted
05-24-2013, 07:27 PM
http://media-cache-ec4.pinimg.com/736x/5a/31/85/5a3185a8a30441f4c8f2b39606e0512a.jpg

http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/736x/b2/11/89/b21189dae03f5d8a5d6b3735b724fe7f.jpg

http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/28/17/44/281744c705767ec64f7dc81839334871.jpg

~baby~doll~
05-29-2013, 08:21 AM
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/458898259/Free-Shipping-Fashion-font-b-Women-s-b-font-Imitate-font-b-leather-b-font-Leggings.jpg

http://freenewfashiondesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/leather-clothing-trend-2011.jpg

~baby~doll~
05-29-2013, 08:25 AM
http://img.banggood.com/images/upload/Dress/SKU019506.jpg

http://cloud.buytrends.com/catalog/products/original/images/201209/15/1347699956621.jpg

~baby~doll~
06-02-2013, 01:34 AM
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/569403_f260.jpg

~baby~doll~
08-07-2013, 09:39 AM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1e/b0/b3/1eb0b3c0aee7e01fdaa8463aa1dc5e62.jpg

deb_U_taunt
08-07-2013, 04:11 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/1013517_10152121467926501_1920140475_n.jpg

http://holyclothing.com/

Asari
08-07-2013, 04:49 PM
It's simple but I LOVE it! :stillheart:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/Sumaya_01/136131_zpsa690b676.jpg?t=1375915521

LexiLove
10-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Such cute clothes.

fatallyblonde
01-06-2014, 03:57 PM
I am CRAZY about leopard print!!!! Totally nuts!! This is a dress I am saving up for:

http://img4.sellersourcebook.com/users/12761/dsp_lolita_dress.jpg?1361866221

~baby~doll~
01-07-2014, 12:07 AM
i adore the roaring 20's look. i am also a fan of fantastic cloche hats. This one makes a statement imo.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/09/2d/4d/092d4d1597e8cd0de32931f3ead3858e.jpg

fatallyblonde
01-24-2014, 06:19 PM
I am CRAZY about leopard print!!!! Totally nuts!! This is a dress I am saving up for:

http://img4.sellersourcebook.com/users/12761/dsp_lolita_dress.jpg?1361866221

this dress arrived just yesterday... I want to get these shoes to match it...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMVgxMDAx/z/AyoAAOxyUrZSvYud/$_12.JPG

some more things in my wish list...

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/3010209425024040_1.jpg

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/1212035111744040_3.jpg

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/1410844135644040_2.jpg

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/2910516436604040_1.jpg

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/2213468680674040_1.jpg

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/2311208094884040_1.jpg

lol... that's just the tip of the iceberg. I have a problem!

KayCee
01-25-2014, 06:39 AM
And does it fit? How 'bout a pic? Bet it looks nice on you.

I like the green, grey and esp. the long black dress! Gorgeous!

:)

lamuymuyfem
01-25-2014, 07:59 AM
I like the purple square dance dress and the retro look complete with red gloves…..

~baby~doll~
01-25-2014, 02:55 PM
A night on the town, perhaps dancing.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6l3khf7LpYs/TmtpFzCjLiI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/UCsHhdck6_I/s1600/spring%2Bfashion%2Bweek%2B1.jpg

C0LLETTE
01-25-2014, 03:46 PM
http://www.womenmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Plus-Size-Clothing.jpg

Curves Count

~baby~doll~
01-25-2014, 04:16 PM
The vintage dress for around the house and to the shops. This works great with a black t strap wedge and pearls.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RkdN7kEoRcE/Sa0NzBNFqbI/AAAAAAAAChY/S9Vv-IrwSoQ/s400/1007_7.jpg

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=66195706

http://www.aspireauctions.com/auctions/2008SEP/thumbs/23004-01.jpg

lamuymuyfem
01-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Re post #154: Holy vulva!

Femmadian
11-04-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure if this is "fit for a femme" per se, but seeing the amazing styles and smiles of women like those on the Advanced Style (http://advancedstyle.blogspot.ca/) blog makes me happy. I'd like to think that I would even be half as stylish when I reach the age of some of these women (Maude willing). Striking at any age! :)

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/26/29/76/26297670074bad46fab9d1f20b9ca120.jpg http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/9a/2e/e7/9a2ee716f224a35333370aaec4630949.jpg http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/30/c7/9f/30c79fe3cb89b146aca9ff892e1d60ab.jpg http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/19/87/e4/1987e4efc302b43797eb688c53284532.jpg http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/44/0a/c8/440ac85004868ccb92a3d85dad0aeb8e.jpg http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/bd/9f/16/bd9f1655fc15006dc31b46c8b8fc6fc4.jpg http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/20/d1/af20d1a4343aeea6cc3391393665104b.jpg http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/09/67/a4/0967a43cb4d1d0300a48c71af175931b.jpg http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6e/80/e2/6e80e20495d1f72f34a226bd6985d8fa.jpg http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/be/52/e3/be52e3992d9213130accc273937ea245.jpg http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/27/db/9b/27db9b12e2f1b99082f27b5f7c220b6f.jpg http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/aa/20/3b/aa203b89c6ebd5d6a0a4306c19dfb63c.jpg
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/e3/89/72e389d7d30c9941ca56cb975b2518e6.jpg

:awww:

ProfPacker
11-04-2014, 11:14 PM
thanks for these pics, elegant women

Kätzchen
12-11-2014, 05:17 PM
http://www.styling-deluxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Carey-Mulligan-by-mario-testino-for-Vogue-US-1.jpg

legally_b10nde
11-23-2016, 12:29 AM
https://is4.revolveassets.com/images/p4/n/c/AIJR-WD12_V1.jpg
Like the details on the dress :-)

Arden
11-23-2016, 12:35 AM
Ooo I like the shoes. Wish I could see the heals on them. Its funny though cause while I like shoes I tend to take them off and wander around in my socks so I wear sock to match my outfit. Its apparently become enough of my "thing" that my co-workers look to see what socks I'm wearing....:giggle:

Medusa
12-16-2016, 12:35 AM
Let's resurrect this thread!

What are some of your wardrobe staples?

Mine are black pencil skirts, the perfect skinny jeans, wrap dresses of every color, boots, heels, good bras, and lots of leather and lace.

Orema
12-16-2016, 07:25 AM
Let's resurrect this thread!

What are some of your wardrobe staples?

Mine are black pencil skirts, the perfect skinny jeans, wrap dresses of every color, boots, heels, good bras, and lots of leather and lace.

I have a few staples, but the most important for me are well-fitted bras and foundations (spanx). These two improve my posture and I feel good in my clothes. I'd be lost without them.

Wh1ms1
02-22-2017, 07:45 PM
I'm afraid I was influenced, heavily, by hippie chicks. I love long gowns and skirts, lots of lace, and leather. I have a coat that is BOTH leather and lace. When I am just running around it is usually jeans or shorts and t shirts, but I like nice t's. Sometimes I get a bee up my...uh...bonnet and dress up for no reason to run errands. Then I flirt unmercifully. It's a shame I hardly ever encounter any butch women on my errand runs. Lol. I would probably be too shy to flirt with someone I was really attracted to. But I really love flowy lace blouses. And skirts.

girl_dee
02-22-2017, 07:48 PM
i need an overhaul!

I have two pairs of Khakis that I loved so much I bought two. SO it looks like I am always in the same ones.

I have 3-4 pairs of Levis

I threw out all the shirts that i didn't wear.

I have some very basic, shirts.

I have LL bean shoes

I have a pair of Black Leather boots that are really kick ass.

I need HELP.

Soft*Silver
02-22-2017, 09:21 PM
the last five years, my outfits have progressively gotten more "western"..long skirts, boots, silver and turquoise, jean shirts, etc. I dont wear blue jean pants at all. They feel too stiff for me.

girl_dee
02-22-2017, 09:22 PM
the last five years, my outfits have progressively gotten more "western"..long skirts, boots, silver and turquoise, jean shirts, etc. I dont wear blue jean pants at all. They feel too stiff for me.

i am agreeing on the blue jeans. I want to wear sweatpants EVERYwhere.

Zimmeh
05-19-2017, 10:52 AM
I have found some cute tops and pants at Bealls Florida. Since I've gained weight, I no longer can fit into my favorite skinny jeans! I now wear scrubs to work. I found Walmart sells some really cute styles! I stepped out of my color comfort zone and picked up a pair of melon colored scrubs and a pair of lavender colored scrub bottoms! I traded in my heels for multi colored Nike sneakers..Comfort over fashion! So now, my heels and flats are for special dates.

Zimmeh

Wiccanfemme
05-25-2017, 09:04 PM
I absolutely love sexy heeled boots and stilettos. I know it's such a cliche but this girl loves her shoes! I tend to wear a lot of cute above the knee skirts with pretty tops and cute sun dresses and pretty sandals in the warm weather. In the winter, it's nice jeans with leather boots and warm cozy cashmere sweaters.

gotoseagrl
05-25-2017, 09:16 PM
I love vintage dollie style round-toe flats, can't seem to have enough.

Kätzchen
06-05-2017, 10:11 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m33p533XxI1qe5lq2o1_500.jpg

Shoes, dresses, ..... this picture. Love the railroad tracks....:bunchflowers:

Kätzchen
06-05-2017, 10:15 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/rebelsmarket_production/blog/post_pictures/data/content/3984.jpg

Kätzchen
06-05-2017, 10:16 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/74/53/ec7453ab61f832b816527202fa570493.jpg

girl_dee
06-05-2017, 05:45 PM
http://stylesweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Tank-top-and-flare-jeans.jpg

TempestuousFemme
07-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Ok my plus size ladies:
Gripe number 1:Why is it that every cocktail dress I like is sold out?
Gripe 2: Why are they all either cheap and trashy looking or something a grandmother would wear?
Gripe 3:I have at least 4 dresses I've never worn in my closet so why am I shopping for cocktail dresses?

GeorgiaMa'am
07-27-2017, 07:32 PM
Ok my plus size ladies:
Gripe number 1:Why is it that every cocktail dress I like is sold out?
Gripe 2: Why are they all either cheap and trashy looking or something a grandmother would wear?
Gripe 3:I have at least 4 dresses I've never worn in my closet so why am I shopping for cocktail dresses?

Have you tried www.igigi.com?

TempestuousFemme
07-27-2017, 11:32 PM
I have, and I've even been to simply be which has great clothes.. Nothing is jumping out at me.

Kätzchen
07-28-2017, 04:55 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d3/93/b0/d393b00242efd7c079de9b9d1fbd8a52.jpg

TempestuousFemme
07-28-2017, 12:29 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d3/93/b0/d393b00242efd7c079de9b9d1fbd8a52.jpg

I actually found what I was looking for on Nordstroms Site yay the perfect LBD

easygoingfemme
07-29-2017, 11:32 AM
I need dresses for the extremely flat chested.

I did find two today - well one that works and one that will work with a little tailoring. The one for tailoring is a wrap dress that will work nicely for work. The second one... well I was out with my daughter grumbling about chest fittings on dresses and she suggested I look in the youth section. I rolled my eyes but found a dress in the youth section, size xl that really is like a women's small/med but without expecting the person to fill up a bust.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2uYQPHHnueZP8V0kHBi3an9uMQMb rcVCnUwVN32I3UBRVkTI-gi8TwmEYNeDtEUJY5nMDySKw&usqp=CAE

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYOa5FLCOKUJc-PnsnssXWWonfH25hveNqUcz-a-PSQoTVFzPwPC-h8IZTWKU2H6XOZ9sDKi-u&usqp=CAE

TempestuousFemme
07-29-2017, 04:06 PM
I need dresses for the extremely flat chested.

I did find two today - well one that works and one that will work with a little tailoring. The one for tailoring is a wrap dress that will work nicely for work. The second one... well I was out with my daughter grumbling about chest fittings on dresses and she suggested I look in the youth section. I rolled my eyes but found a dress in the youth section, size xl that really is like a women's small/med but without expecting the person to fill up a bust.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2uYQPHHnueZP8V0kHBi3an9uMQMb rcVCnUwVN32I3UBRVkTI-gi8TwmEYNeDtEUJY5nMDySKw&usqp=CAE

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYOa5FLCOKUJc-PnsnssXWWonfH25hveNqUcz-a-PSQoTVFzPwPC-h8IZTWKU2H6XOZ9sDKi-u&usqp=CAE

My best advice is to do some research Google what you're looking for and articles should pop up. (f)

Kätzchen
10-22-2017, 11:39 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a4/c4/1a/a4c41a58e5eb3c0874efb9856c7efae8--rockabilly-shoes-style-rockabilly.jpg

http://cdn-i1.gooptic.com/w900%7Ch600%7Cf/Versace_VE1228_1352.jpg

I just chose an pair of Versace frames, very similar to these, so I should get my glasses in a couple of weeks!

I'm gonna work on getting my hair "Jacked to Jesus" next....:praying:

Shystonefem
10-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Regular (Gap) jeans with heeled ankle boots
Skinny jeans with heeled over the knee boots
Sneakers at the gym.
I don't own a pair of sweatpants or a sweatshirt without a hood. Lol
Sometimes I dress sporty with sneakers.
I own 4 "little black" dresses

Pretty simple style

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 03:34 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/63/3b/da/633bda03281d6d5b4d7079040a4e0fab--vintage-stijl-s-vintage.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 03:40 PM
https://www.kiyonna.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/plus-size-lace-dresses-1-lcdblu-090217.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 03:48 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/92/5d/73/925d735f380ea3a26f4e15c0c32dd319.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 03:53 PM
https://thecitizensoffashion.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/tara-lynn-by-xavi-gordo-for-elle-spain-november-2013-2.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 03:56 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4c/06/41/4c064191616f4789037497c68c6b5528--big-girl-fashion-fashion-women.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 03:57 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/00/9a/fe009a4218b5d83ba6fea85bcca5537f.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 03:59 PM
http://www.abriefaffair.com/Simone-Perele-Paradis-Plunge-Half-Cup-Demi-Bra-image.gif

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 04:01 PM
http://images.linnlive.com/75e4d120fac085fcf535a84c7e0cdc24/fa4afffb-6b48-4bde-a0b8-17b1c4f9edb4.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 04:03 PM
https://www.hipsandcurves.com/media/catalog/product/h/c/hc576x_plm_main.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 04:06 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9f/17/63/9f17630b80baf578f509edd87ab1b1b2--business-suits-for-women-business-attire.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 04:15 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/84/87/ec/8487eceda5c816f140d41cabef167771--black-suits-black-blazers.jpg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 04:18 PM
https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/1/optimized/3784061_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=400&hei=489&fit=fit,1&$filterlrg$

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 04:23 PM
https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/6/optimized/3553556_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=400&hei=489&fit=fit,1&$filterlrg$

https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/5/optimized/8725185_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=224&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Kätzchen
11-09-2017, 04:28 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61S96uk6NXL._UX679_.jpg

<<<<~~ :eyebat:

Medusa
05-07-2018, 05:46 PM
Y'allllll!!

I am in LOVE with a lot of the lingerie on Hips and Curves (not the babydolls so much, but a lot of the others stuff) and they had a great sale the other day where everything was 40% off!

Picked up this little number in black (JD likes the vintage look!):
https://3o2fkh3cei6g217eh13mgw0p-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/7-20-17-Fashion-Find-Hips-and-Curves.jpg

Medusa
08-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Y'all.

Someone save me. I'm sick as a dog and have been homebound for 4 days an I am spending my time cyber window-shopping for every leopard print thing under the sun.

I've always loved leopard print but I have my eye on some leopard print boots that I DO NOT NEED!

Also?

Converse released an entire line of Hello Kitty shoes!

Behold!!

https://www.converse.com/us/en_us/pw/converse-converse-x-hello-kitty-shoes/pirZ1a7jZoi3?cp=usns_kw_converse_hellokitty_appare l_txt!g!c!br!b!converse%20hello%20kitty&k_clickid=f0491c94-0d5a-4e4d-a3c3-4bbd5204258e

candy_coated_bitch
08-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Y'all.

Someone save me. I'm sick as a dog and have been homebound for 4 days an I am spending my time cyber window-shopping for every leopard print thing under the sun.

I've always loved leopard print but I have my eye on some leopard print boots that I DO NOT NEED!

Also?

Behold!!

https://www.converse.com/us/en_us/pw/converse-converse-x-hello-kitty-shoes/pirZ1a7jZoi3?cp=usns_kw_converse_hellokitty_appare l_txt!g!c!br!b!converse%20hello%20kitty&k_clickid=f0491c94-0d5a-4e4d-a3c3-4bbd5204258e

I kinda hate you for that. Also, don't buy the boots!!!

Gemme
08-21-2018, 05:40 AM
Don't say no forever.

Say not right now.

Then, when you're feeling better, if you still want them, get them.

easygoingfemme
08-21-2018, 06:35 AM
Don't say no forever.

Say not right now.

Then, when you're feeling better, if you still want them, get them.

But what if buying the boots makes Medusa feel all better? I think we need to see a picture of said boots. :)

candy_coated_bitch
08-21-2018, 05:25 PM
True, a picture of the boots would help!

Gemme
08-21-2018, 07:18 PM
But what if buying the boots makes Medusa feel all better? I think we need to see a picture of said boots. :)

Enabler!!!

Medusa
08-21-2018, 07:37 PM
BEHOLD!!!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPa7_fI1KIpZ5IUtPvXtPyYwSdXrPSd C87Hndtw_Ut_ZqxLLEW7A

easygoingfemme
08-22-2018, 05:22 AM
Enabler!!!

Sometimes, yes. Right now? Absolutely.

Medusa, those boots are screaming your name. I vote you make yourself feel better with them.

FireSignFemme
08-22-2018, 06:00 AM
yum - shoes! :blueheels:

Gemme
08-22-2018, 06:04 AM
Okay, they are super sexy cute.

BUT

I don't think anyone should ever make purchases in a compromised state of mind and being sick makes us crave things for comfort. Leopard print is Medusa's happy place. She could wind up with more shoes than me and that could be problematic.

Truth be told, one of the HK shoes were super adorable too.

dark_crystal
08-22-2018, 11:44 AM

Behold!!

This is the second time these shoes have been brought to my attention-- i also received an email at my work account from a colleague who recently retired, but knew that i would be needing this information

clearly the universe is telling me something

Medusa
08-22-2018, 04:02 PM
What is it about extra cuteAF shoes that makes us swoon!?!

I have made a deal with myself that if I am still Jonesing for those boots at the end of the month, I'll get them (IF they are on sale because I never pay retail!)

I have visions of wearing those cheetah print boots with my favorite black skinny jeans and a boobalicious top *insert love eyes here!*

candy_coated_bitch
08-22-2018, 04:12 PM
I love the boots and the Hello Kitty Converse...I am so disappointed in life that I need to wear orthotics and am limited in my shoe choices. It really makes me feel less femme not to have cute shoes.

easygoingfemme
08-24-2018, 03:09 PM
This is the second time these shoes have been brought to my attention-- i also received an email at my work account from a colleague who recently retired, but knew that i would be needing this information

clearly the universe is telling me something

Clearly.

I treated myself to these boots a few weeks ago:
https://jf-na-cdn.justfab.com/image/product/BS1722617-0224/BS1722617-0224-1_589x860.jpg

candy_coated_bitch
08-25-2018, 09:11 AM
Clearly.

I treated myself to these boots a few weeks ago:
https://jf-na-cdn.justfab.com/image/product/BS1722617-0224/BS1722617-0224-1_589x860.jpg

LOVE!!!!!!!!!

Medusa
08-20-2019, 09:00 PM
EEEEEKKK!!!!

Hello Femme Squad!!

I just want you to behold the cuteAF Fluevog mules I treated myself to about 6 weeks ago:

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.8dXkB4vesjwpvJ2HIElmdwHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=231&h=174

Bèsame*
04-13-2020, 10:14 PM
kzpxEb-skfk

Kätzchen
05-24-2020, 10:29 AM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0572/9237/products/speakeasycasablancaplus_large.jpg?v=1572548386

Kätzchen
09-15-2021, 10:22 AM
https://cdn.shoptiques.com/shoptiques-shop/products/effie-s_heart-trolley-dress-beige-4ff60f14_m.jpg

Orema
07-09-2022, 12:36 PM
Candace Lopez

https://i.postimg.cc/QM2rLcbS/1-1-1170x1560.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VLWsjZRw/5-1170x1560.jpg

Candace: For me, queer femme style is rooted in an unapologetic expression of femininity, and whatever that means for each person is amazing and beautiful – I live to adore femmes. I think its about re-claiming all the BS we have to hear as femmes about who we should be, how we should present ourselves, respectability politics, and how we have always been policed/punished, and taking aaalllll of that and basically saying fuck you I’m going to do it my way and for my own satisfaction. People are afraid of femininity and femme is fearless.

For more go to https://www.dapperq.com/2019/09/hi-femme-candace-lopez/

FireSignFemme
07-11-2022, 02:01 PM
Well that shirt was a waste of money. I look like G.I. Joe in a muumuu only nowhere near as physically fit.

FireSignFemme
12-29-2022, 06:11 PM
kXa6zzh2dhs&t=8s&ab_channel=AdelaideBeeman-White

Kätzchen
01-17-2024, 01:53 PM
https://cdn.commercev3.net/cdn.secretsinlace.com/images/uploads/DSC_8712-47054-BK-L.jpg

Kätzchen
01-17-2024, 02:00 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f8/ee/7a/f8ee7a0fe1fcf657b2cb56cacb993ab9.jpg