PDA

View Full Version : First Day of School Jitters

Lizzy
08-17-2011, 12:37 AM
So tomorrow is my kids first day of school and who has the jitters.....me.Both my kids were in bed with their clothes out and asleep by 9:30.Not me...nope I am wide awake hoping everything goes o.k., that the bus comes on time etc etc.I also get a new group of students tomorrow too.Every August when school starts we promote the kids from their class.My class is the pre-school class so my students are 3 or just about to turn 3.So 90% of my class is moving up.I am looking forward to the children in the 2yr old room coming into my class but I am really going to miss the kids moving up.I spend 36hrs a week with these little kids and I love being with them.I am very sad but excited for them to move into the "big-kids"room...also known as the pre-kindergarten class.They all feel very grown up.I am hoping tomorrow goes off without a hitch.

sarahwho
09-16-2011, 09:21 PM
I adopted my son in 2009 - he was 6, turning 90. He's always gone (he's now 9, almost 10) to public school, but daycare first. I never had to watch him go on the bus, because I just kissed him goodbye in the daycare...never felt the terror of putting him on the bus...........until this year.

I put him in a private academy geared for adhd kids. The district I live in paid for a private transport company to pick him up at my house. He got in the SUV...I knew nothing about the driver.......scared little boy in his big boy pants going off to his first day at the academy. I closed the door, HUGE lump in my throat. I kept saying, don't cry, don't cry!

I cried ALL the way to work, and all the way to daycare to pick him up. He was just fine....all in one piece....and for the FIRST time.........he was happy to be in school!

Butchlei
10-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I have to say this feeling has never gone away ....

I take my 9 going to 30 step daughter to school everyday, and I always feel the same way. Home-schooling has crossed my mind, but I know that is not a solution. I just watch everyday give me a kiss, say "bye Dadda", and go her merry way. She is short and petite for her age but has a huge mind and a great spirit ... i need to trust we have taught her well .... its tough ....

Having children is scaring .... we want to protect them all the time ...

As a Dad, I have 3 girls in different stages ... that I love more than life itself ... and would do anything for .... sometimes i need to be reminded to breath ... LOL