PDA

View Full Version : BOLD Conference for Lesbians Over 45

lettertodaddy
09-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Has anyone ever gone to a BOLD conference? A friend of mine just told me about it, and while I won't be able to go to the whole conference, I'm thinking of checking out the dance on Saturday.

The conference is for lesbians over 45. I'm not quite there (yet), but they say it's open to women of all ages.

There's more information here: http://www.boldfest.com/

Medusa
09-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I have never even heard of this conference but it looks pretty amazing! I'm looking over the events and think I'll put this on my list of "Things to save up for next year" ;)

foxyshaman
09-07-2011, 10:51 AM
That looks pretty interesting. I think I will get on their mailing list and keep my options open for next year. It is only a province away!!

BullDog
09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I won't be able to attend, but this does look like it will be a great event. Thanks for the info!

*Anya*
09-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I am certainly old enough, lol. Maybe next year:)

Heart
09-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I know about Bold Older Lesbians and Dykes - BOLD (you can friend them on FB), but sadly have not been able to get to their conferences in Canada. Maybe someday. I'll only get older - lol.

DapperButch
07-07-2016, 06:36 AM
I was checking out this forum for the first time and noticed this thread. What a great annual opportunity. I would think it would be a very emotionally powerful event. Older lesbians who have "been through it", so to speak; women who "came up", as they say when it was not so easy due to discrimination/fear. I know for me it was an incredibly connecting, special time.

I thought I would give it a bump and post this year's page.

http://www.boldfest.com/

*Anya*
07-07-2016, 08:31 AM
I was checking out this forum for the first time and noticed this thread. What a great annual opportunity. I would think it would be a very emotionally powerful event. Older lesbians who have "been through it", so to speak; women who "came up", as they say when it was not so easy due to discrimination/fear. I know for me it was an incredibly connecting, special time.

I thought I would give it a bump and post this year's page.

http://www.boldfest.com/

Thanks so much for posting this Dapper.

imperfect_cupcake
07-07-2016, 11:26 AM
It's a very well attended event, every year. Lots of people from all over Canada and the US. I haven't been yet, as I've never been able to afford to go, but this year I can and I'm thInking on it. I'm only 47 but I know it's fairly welcoming to those who are close of the mark and partners of people who are 50+

DapperButch
07-07-2016, 03:52 PM
It's a very well attended event, every year. Lots of people from all over Canada and the US. I haven't been yet, as I've never been able to afford to go, but this year I can and I'm thInking on it. I'm only 47 but I know it's fairly welcoming to those who are close of the mark and partners of people who are 50+

It actually says 45 and older. :)

imperfect_cupcake
07-11-2016, 12:14 AM
Does it? That's new then. Thanks.

Curley
09-06-2017, 07:20 PM
I just finished this and it was great... Lots of women from the states Texas,Chagio. Florida W
ash. California