PDA

View Full Version : Posting Music Videos

SoNotHer
09-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Hollylane hipped me to the YouTube button on the dashboard, but I must be using it incorrectly when I post.

At YouTube, I'm clicking "Share" and then copying the URL and pasting it into the post. With the URL blocked, I click on the YouTube icon in the dashboard. But I'm still not seeing anything but a link.

I appreciate any help.

Tawse
09-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Hollylane hipped me to the YouTube button on the dashboard, but I must be using it incorrectly when I post.

At YouTube, I'm clicking "Share" and then copying the URL and pasting it into the post. With the URL blocked, I click on the YouTube icon in the dashboard. But I'm still not seeing anything but a link.

I appreciate any help.

this is what I do:

I just go to the video I want. Go up to the addie bar, you'll see something like this:

http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVNjx4k8mWk

Copy the part AFTER the "v=" or SVNjx4k8mWk (for this You Tube)

Paste the results in here.

Highlight the results that you just pasted in your message and click on the YouTube icon in the toolbar above the message box.

That should give you the embedded linkage.

SVNjx4k8mWk

SoNotHer
09-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Trying...

v=eAfyFTzZDMM

SoNotHer
09-16-2011, 08:12 PM
v=wx6sd2Uiapk&feature=related

Tawse
09-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Trying...

Take the "v=" out of your youtube

SoNotHer
09-16-2011, 08:14 PM
=_aocNpSBn5s&list=FLxkgo-xvjtcEmhyF85ZMMAg&index=2

Tawse
09-16-2011, 08:16 PM
[YOUTUBE]

for the second one you have this in the YouTube:

v=wx6sd2Uiapk&feature=related

take out the v= and everything after the video tag which is: wx6sd2Uiapk

so remove the &feature=related.

All you're interested in is the video tag.

SoNotHer
09-16-2011, 08:17 PM
or feeling like a foolish femme.... lol I wasn't deleting the equal sign as you clearly instructed. Thank you, Tawse. You rock :-)

_aocNpSBn5s&list=FLxkgo-xvjtcEmhyF85ZMMAg&index=2

willow
10-09-2011, 11:13 AM
this is what I do:

I just go to the video I want. Go up to the addie bar, you'll see something like this:

http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVNjx4k8mWk

Copy the part AFTER the "v=" or SVNjx4k8mWk (for this You Tube)

Paste the results in here.

Highlight the results that you just pasted in your message and click on the YouTube icon in the toolbar above the message box.

That should give you the embedded linkage.

SVNjx4k8mWk

So, after an HOUR of trying to post a music video I finally think.... oO(perhaps one of the very cool and talented geeky peeps posted instructions....)

What do you know... someone did! :)

clay
10-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey SNH: I can't do it either! I have tried & tried..so just gave up...:(. Glad you finally got it going..and now flutter has it mastered.....whoohooo..maybe sometime in this century I will, too! Hugs to all of you..and yes, Tawse you rock!