PDA

View Full Version : Arcade issues

QueenofSmirks
10-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi there! Wow Connect has not been working for me for several months now.... is there a site issue? I LOVE that game!!!

Dutch Leonard
10-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I just played it with Google Chrome. But I wasn't sure what to do once the game ended, I couldn't enter a user name and password to submit my score and it just started another game instead of coming back to our leaderboard.

Medusa
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
There was a licensing issue with WOW connect that has beem in limbo for a while now.

Let me try to explain what we're working with:

Our arcade contains games that someone else built. We get them as a free download and can use them as an addition to our site with the understanding that we cant modify their content (beyond renaming them).

VBulletin is the software we use to run this site. They are who determines if the addons that people build (like the arcade) are safe enough to use with this software. A while back, Vbulletin determined that the WOW Connect game had a serious security flaw and basically coded the game so that it was unavailable while they demanded that the developer (the person who actually built the game) fix the hole.

It came back online after about a month and seems to be rather sketchy right now depending on what browswer people are using.

The best I can say is that we will probably remove that game from this package if we see that after a month there will not be a security update. Again, we dont have the ability to fix it ourselves or we would but neither Linus nor I are a game designer (very different from both our expertise although I suspect Linus could figure it out!) and we dont have legal permission from the designer to alter the game. (PLUS, VB would then hold us responsible for it's security).

We'll keep an eye on it but please let us know if it's not back up online within a month or so and we'll update if we hear anything.

Thanks!

JAGG
11-02-2011, 03:22 PM
I wonder if the same problem exists with the chess game. I have beaten the computer 3 different times now yet my score is still zero? It's hard to beat the computer , it knows every possible move. You put them in checkmate you should at least get 1 point.

Medusa
11-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I wonder if the same problem exists with the chess game. I have beaten the computer 3 different times now yet my score is still zero? It's hard to beat the computer , it knows every possible move. You put them in checkmate you should at least get 1 point.

This seems like it might be a different issue. Let me check the tables in the back and see if anything needs to be repaired. I know that it's normal to have hiccups with this game package but that many times makes me think that the scheduler that records scoring has a flaw.

WolfyOne
11-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I use Firefox and Wow Connect has been working fine with it since it came back to us

I missed it and am also one of those that enjoy this game

QueenofSmirks
11-05-2011, 12:01 PM
There was a licensing issue with WOW connect that has beem in limbo for a while now.

Darn, ok :(

QueenofSmirks
01-17-2012, 12:25 AM
I just checked the link again... because I'm stubborn... and it WORKED!! YIPPPEEEE!

Ravenouss
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Anyone has trouble playing most games on the iPad? (I'm using Safari)
Going back to the laptop so that I can get my fix!

Linus
07-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Anyone has trouble playing most games on the iPad? (I'm using Safari)
Going back to the laptop so that I can get my fix!

Since a lot use Flash in their elements, it's not surprising that it doesn't work on the iPad since it doesn't support flash.

deb0670
10-12-2012, 10:26 AM
aha..is that the same for iPhones as well? I wonder