PDA

View Full Version : Feminist Grievance Industry?

Kobi
11-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Was reading an editorial in the local newspaper today about the sexual harrassment allegations against Cain. The author referred to conservative Republicans calling this a part of the "feminist grievance industry" i.e. women finding a way to be offended by male behavior.

I have never heard of this before. Tho it is meant to be insulting, belittling, and demeaning to women, the phrase itself is starting to grow on me. Put a different spin on it, and it is something to lay claim to like reclaiming dyke or queer.

Found a few references to it and wonder what others thoughts on it might be.

7trPyN_11hE

http://stfuconservatives.net/post/4418854893

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susannahbreslin/2011/08/11/how-feminism-became-a-joke/

Greyson
11-19-2011, 04:01 PM
I have never read nor heard the phrase "Feminist Grievance Industry." I am not surprised that it is being introduced into spoken and written language by no doubt, Right Wing strategist, media, speech writers. Now we will see if it sticks.

Yes, I agree it is a phrase that belittles, dismisses women. I do not believe that all of the women coming forward to say Cain sexually harrassed them are delusional. I do believe that Cain and others do believe their denial of harrassment.

Some are just boldly out right lying and I think others really are clueless as to their behaviour being completely over the line, demeaning and in some cases illegal. It's not an excuse for their behaviour.

When I see this sort of written and spoken word I do notice it and will not participate in using, spreading, normalizing the phrase nor concept. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Dominique
11-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Journalists have, in the past, referenced Sarah Palin as a Feminist Grievance.

As for Cain. I think he comes across as so dismissive, because he actually believes he has done nothing wrong. He'd pass a polygraph. He is that pathalogical. Reminds me of one of our Supreme court Justices. (clears throat).

girl_dee
11-19-2011, 04:40 PM
"Feminists that want to and look for a way to be offended"

:|

dykeumentary
11-19-2011, 09:03 PM
I have never read nor heard the phrase "Feminist Grievance Industry." I am not surprised that it is being introduced into spoken and written language by no doubt, Right Wing strategist, media, speech writers. Now we will see if it sticks. *snip*

When I see this sort of written and spoken word I do notice it and will not participate in using, spreading, normalizing the phrase nor concept. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I agree.
FemiGrInd is doubleplusungood!