PDA

View Full Version : Lose Weight, Gain Life!

Leigh
11-20-2011, 12:21 AM
What is the purpose of this thread, you may ask?

I've been thinking for a very long time about creating not only a thread based on weight loss and peer support, but also possibly a blog and youtube account not only chronicling My own weight loss but to help encourage others to do the same. I know that we already have the Healthy Weight Loss thread and I plan on contributing to that more, but I also want to create a positive place where we can all come and just enjoy other's company not to mention work towards a much healthier lifestyle. For Myself I have *always* had problems with My weight, and as of right now I weigh the heaviest that I ever have (but I refuse to step on a scale).

I've always bought those Weight Watchers magazines and have recently signed up for SparkPeople (from a recommendation from the HWL thread) and have found that the tips on that website are amazing! Its taken Me awhile to truly decide that I want to lose weight, but with starting to have problems with My back again and just feeling like My stomach keeps expanding ~ well, something has to give. I want this threa to be a place of support and love, to give advice and take advice that will help us all to live a much healthier life. Give tips, share recipes and links, talk about things we have done to lose weight and help to encourage everyone to truly start to live a much healthier life.

I am going to do My part and begin with Myself. I really want to contribute alot to this thread by sharing things I've learned through Weight Watchers, online on SparkPeople, as well as sharing recipes I have tried or want to try (since I want to start to cook more often) as well as to start keeping a daily account of what I am eating/drinking. I certainly don't expect anyone to follow suit, I just really want to get this going ~ and I hope that everyone contributes in their own way. I really do hope that this thread will include everyone, no matter who you are or where you might be in your weight loss. Our community here on the Planet has always been inclusive and supportive, and I know that this will be no different ........... I'm very excited to begin this new thread in the hopes that we will all look at 2012 as a year of growth, positive change and good health :)

I look forward to starting this journey with you all :weightshock:

sanee66
11-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Great idea Matthew!!! Here are a couple of things i myself personally did. I am a Mt Dew junkie, it is all I ever drink lol, when I was working on losing weight I cut that out and was drinking flavored water, and lots of it. I also just cut back on what I ate and walked every day. Now my sister and her ex did a low fat diet, no more than 30 total grams a day and ate three times a day plus two snacks i think. My sis lso went to a gym and worked out and walked or rode a bike every day. She has fibromyalgia and losing the weight really helped her with the pain.My sister had tried everything and this worked really well for her.

ps on another note, since you requested me as a friend, how about writing and telling me more about yourself. I would love to know about everyone that has done that lol.

veryfemme
12-29-2011, 02:44 AM
This is great! Going on 3 years now I have successfully been able to keep my weight loss over over 65lbs off (yes I do have before pictures). I did a medical weight loss program which forced me to learn how to eat right, including what to eat and how much. Each person is different and I have lots of advise to give some please feel free to email me with any questions but my main advise I would give someone is that you need to drink a minimum of 64oz of pure water a day and get atleast 30 minutes of walking in 3-4 times a week. It can be done I worked full time and was going to college full time when I lost my weight and I have made it a point to keep it off!!

Happy losing :)