PDA

View Full Version : What would Dexter do???

Queerasfck
12-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Hey fellow Dexter lovers!! Even though the season is almost over I thought this would be a good time to start a thread to discuss Dexter's deeds. So if you are not caught up on Dexter you may not want read any further--spoiler alert! In my opinion this has been a great season, way better than last year. I wasn't really a big Jimmy Smits fan. I think John Lithgow is doing an especially creepy job as the Trinity Killer. There have really been some surprising twists to this season, especially the bit with his daughter.
Aiso of interest, if you haven't checked it out you can watch the new animated feature they have on the Showtime website. It's called Dexter Early Cuts and each webisode is by a different artist. They are pretty cool. Click here (http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/earlycuts/home.do) for the link.

Tommi
12-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Hey fellow Dexter lovers!! Even though the season is almost over I thought this would be a good time to start a thread to discuss Dexter's deeds. So if you are not caught up on Dexter you may not want read any further--spoiler alert! In my opinion this has been a great season, way better than last year. I wasn't really a big Jimmy Smits fan. I think John Lithgow is doing an especially creepy job as the Trinity Killer. There have really been some surprising twists to this season, especially the bit with his daughter.
Aiso of interest, if you haven't checked it out you can watch the new animated feature they have on the Showtime website. It's called Dexter Early Cuts and each webisode is by a different artist. They are pretty cool. Click here (http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/earlycuts/home.do) for the link.

Love this season, and the twists and turns have been outstanding. Dexter killing the innocent man has put a whole new spin on it for next season. The similarities, family man, son, and Arhtur's ashes and Dexter's Dad, are clever add-ons.

Hearing Trinity say "Dexter Morgan" was realllllly creepy at the end of the last show.

If I was Dexter, I would have to get rid of Arthur soon, and any other's that got in my way.

Duchess
12-01-2009, 10:39 AM
I love Dexter. This season is so much better than the last. I'm not a Jimmy Smits fan either. Even when he's a good guy I want somebody to bump him off.

John Lithgow is superbly creepy. The way he went off on his son's finger was totally psychotic. Can't wait for the next episode. I also loved how he said Dexter Morgan..Totally creepy.

Question...I wonder if Dexter would welcome an affair between his wife and the neighbor so that she'd be too preoccupied to interfere with his whereabouts?

Duchess

apretty
12-01-2009, 11:20 AM
i LOVE this season...

i feel terrible but i find dexter's wife annnnoying. at the most pivotal points in the show his cell will ring, 'are you on your way? i need pampers/baby's got a fever/take my kids sailing' --and simultaneously i feel like she's just being a loyal 'wife and mother' (internalized misANDry!! -hiding face-) and she's so oblivious, concerned with appearances--at least twice an episode i turn to EZ and say: this woman is on crack.

T D
12-01-2009, 11:33 AM
I missed the last episode cause I had a fight with my tv carrier and turned off my tv service...... but, I love Dexter!!! Although he shoulda gotten rid of Arthur long before now.

His wife drives me crazy too. If I were Dexter she'd be gone already LOL. Can't stand that whiney needy voice and attitude. Plus she acts like he has to do this and that and the other thing in order to be a good father/husband... wtf. I'm thinkin Dexter wouldn't mind her having an affair with the neighbor LOL

Unndunn
12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I've really enjoyed this season. John Lithgow has been great-- super creepy! The twists and turns have been good, especially about trinity's daughter the reporter.

I'm also ambivalent at times about Rita. Most of the time I just find her annoying, but I feel bad for her too. I wonder if Dexter will use hearing about the kiss between Rita and the neighbor (who I also find extremely creepy) as an excuse to get some space from her, or even set up separate living arrangements.

I also like the evolution of Lt. LaGuerta's (sp?) character. It's nice to see a more warm, human side to her, rather than just the "I'm a strong woman so I must be a beeyatch too" character that she started out as.

Tommi
12-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I've really enjoyed this season. John Lithgow has been great-- super creepy! The twists and turns have been good, especially about trinity's daughter the reporter.

I'm also ambivalent at times about Rita. Most of the time I just find her annoying, but I feel bad for her too. I wonder if Dexter will use hearing about the kiss between Rita and the neighbor (who I also find extremely creepy) as an excuse to get some space from her, or even set up separate living arrangements.

I also like the evolution of Lt. LaGuerta's (sp?) character. It's nice to see a more warm, human side to her, rather than just the "I'm a strong woman so I must be a beeyatch too" character that she started out as.

Will Trinity kill the mother of Dexter's children???? Revisit to his past???Ewwwww

Queerasfck
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Yes!! The preview for the upcoming shows was crazeeeeeeeeeee! I can't believe Trinity shows up at the police station. Obviously he is there because of his daughter, crazy Christine the reporter, but that's off the hook.

I've also been wondering how long it would take for Trinity to follow Dexter home and threaten his wife/kids. I don't think Rita will be killed but I do think Dexter and Rita are going to break up by the end of the season. Seriously, how many more seasons can the writers keep having Rita be concerned and questioning where Dexter is all the time? The only reason I doubt they will kill her off is because of the kids. Dexter can't be a full time dad.......but I do think Rita's character is kinda played out.

Debra's getting smarter as a dectective. I would venture to guess if and when there is a last season of Dexter she will probably put it all together and figure out exactly who Dexter really is.

Queerasfck
12-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Will Trinity kill the mother of Dexter's children???? Revisit to his past???Ewwwww

You know, I gave this some thought while at the gym this afternoon and I do believe they just might kill off Rita with Trinity. If you remember in the last episode Rita said that Paul's parents (her ex-husband who Dexter killed in season 2 I believe) wanted to take the kids to Disney World. I'm thinking this--she will conveniently be all alone with the kids gone and Dex at "work" when Trinity comes to the house. This will bring up HUGE ISSUES of guilt for Dex to deal with next season. Or maybe the writers just mentioned Paul's parents so that the viewers will know they are "good people" so when/if Rita is killed the kids go live with them. Dexter is not going to be a single dad. There's no way. Thoughts?

Duchess
12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
i LOVE this season...

i feel terrible but i find dexter's wife annnnoying. at the most pivotal points in the show his cell will ring, 'are you on your way? i need pampers/baby's got a fever/take my kids sailing' --and simultaneously i feel like she's just being a loyal 'wife and mother' (internalized misANDry!! -hiding face-) and she's so oblivious, concerned with appearances--at least twice an episode i turn to EZ and say: this woman is on crack.

Big hugs to you. That bitch makes me want to cut my own wrists...:mad:

Duchess

Duchess
12-01-2009, 07:26 PM
I love the pervy antics of Masuka..:bdsmslave:

Duchess

Unndunn
12-02-2009, 06:40 PM
I love the pervy antics of Masuka..:bdsmslave:

Duchess

I do too, but I also liked the fact that he got upset when he saw the neighbor kissing Rita.

Queerasfck
12-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Spoiler alert below!!!

I was sort of disappointed with Dexter last night mainly because the previous week's episode had been so intense. I did expect Trinity's daughter to die but thought Trinity would kill her so that was a bit of a surprise. I was put off by a couple of unlikely things happening--like the writers were just trying to tie everything together for next week's season finale. Dexter quickily finding someone else to pin the murders on for one was annoying to me. I didn't find it believeable that Deb would see Christine alone, Deb is a better cop than that.
I expect Trinity to die next week but anyone other main characters? Probably no.......it doesn't look like anything shocking will happen if you go off of the little preview they showed at the end of the episode.

always2late
12-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Spoiler alert below!!!

I was sort of disappointed with Dexter last night mainly because the previous week's episode had been so intense. I did expect Trinity's daughter to die but thought Trinity would kill her so that was a bit of a surprise. I was put off by a couple of unlikely things happening--like the writers were just trying to tie everything together for next week's season finale. Dexter quickily finding someone else to pin the murders on for one was annoying to me. I didn't find it believeable that Deb would see Christine alone, Deb is a better cop than that.
I expect Trinity to die next week but anyone other main characters? Probably no.......it doesn't look like anything shocking will happen if you go off of the little preview they showed at the end of the episode.

I have been a fan of Dexter since I read the first book, way before the series started. But I have to admit that the series is even better than the books! (and that is something I don't say very often...usually movies or series based on books kinda disappoint me) Thank you Ezee for starting the thread.

Do you think Trinity will die next week? Is it possible he might disappear, only to reappear in a later season? It wouldn't be that far-fetched given that he has avoided capture for 30 years. And, by the way, I think John Lithgow is absolutely brilliant in the role. I wouldn't mind seeing him reprise it in a later season.

Tommi
12-09-2009, 07:46 AM
I have been a fan of Dexter since I read the first book, way before the series started. But I have to admit that the series is even better than the books! (and that is something I don't say very often...usually movies or series based on books kinda disappoint me) Thank you Ezee for starting the thread.

Do you think Trinity will die next week? Is it possible he might disappear, only to reappear in a later season? It wouldn't be that far-fetched given that he has avoided capture for 30 years. And, by the way, I think John Lithgow is absolutely brilliant in the role. I wouldn't mind seeing him reprise it in a later season.

Lithgow is brilliant. I believe he will disappear..."after dying".

Queerasfck
12-09-2009, 09:07 AM

I think it is quite possible that Trinity will escape Dexter and not be killed to leave it open for further appearences. Since Trinity has the edge of knowing (somewhat) just what Dex is capable of. Looking forward to Sunday!!!

turasultana
12-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I think Trinity will kidnap Dexter's son (not the baby) since he's about the right age and will get Dexter back for messing up the start of his cycle by saving the other boy.

That may however cause a schism in his relationship too.

Such a kick ass show, I don't want the season to end! no dexter and no true blood for ages and ages... sigh.

Andrew, Jr.
12-09-2009, 09:18 AM
I love this show!

Queerasfck
12-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Season finale tonight. Any predictions?

Mine: Rita is killed by Trinity. Trinity gets away. Kids go live with their grandparents.

turasultana
12-13-2009, 12:00 PM

Mine: Rita is killed by Trinity. Trinity gets away. Kids go live with their grandparents.

Rita may get killed (or at least taken) but I stick with the son being killed - he fits the profile of the start of the cycle. Rita could be the women in the bathtub, or the women made to fall off the roof of the building.

Also, Deb is going to find out who Dexter's mom is... then that his bro is ice truck killer... then?????

that's my prediction. :)

apretty
12-13-2009, 01:32 PM

i don't think rita gets killed but i do think that she's going to just leave dexter (during next season).

i bet that deb just 'stops looking' for her dad's mistresses, just like she did before--had a change of heart. and didn't dexter destroy his mom's file?

last week's episode was LAME--for me, it was just *filler* so they could make everyone wait for tonight's show/the finale. but the entire season has been great, that's why last sunday's was lame--i didn't believe that deb would go into christine's apartment alone, close the door behind her--she already shot her once before... and her partner, joey is increasingly bizarre. did we ever find out what internal affairs was investigating him for? either way, i hope it's a good ending with a lot of questions answered.

turasultana
12-13-2009, 01:40 PM
The preview showed Deb looking at Dexter's mom's file. It's the next CI on her list.... so I'm thinking it comes up in the finale and is maybe the topic for next season.

Agreed that Deb wouldn't have gone in Christine's apt alone, that was pushing the believability factor.

But - still voting for Dex's stepson being abducted. :)

apretty
12-13-2009, 01:43 PM
The preview showed Deb looking at Dexter's mom's file. It's the next CI on her list.... so I'm thinking it comes up in the finale and is maybe the topic for next season.

Agreed that Deb wouldn't have gone in Christine's apt alone, that was pushing the believability factor.

But - still voting for Dex's stepson being abducted. :)

you're probably right, btw, i get so scared when i start to watch the show that i have to make sure the covers are near my face and all the dogs are tucked in tight around me.

turasultana
12-13-2009, 09:14 PM
For the sake of west coast folks..... all i'll say is

HOLY SHIT

TCB
12-13-2009, 10:36 PM
It seems to be a popular opinion that most can't stand Rita. I for one actually think she's kinda hot...LOL.
Speaking of which, is it me...or am I the only one that is oddly attracted to Lt. LaGuerta? Something about her man.
Seriously though, this season is excellent and I'm really looking forward to the finale! Some I assume as I write this have already seen it, so I can't come back in this thread until I see it. Deb has been a consistant annoyance for me all these seasons, but she's been growing on me.
Yes, I agree Debs decision to see Christine in her apartment alone was just ridiculous. However, I knew there was something up with that reporter from the get go. So the twist with her character was well done.
The only idea of a prediction I would have for the finale, is Trinity is obviously going to get Dexter where it hurts. His family. Possibly Deb?
I'm thinking Trinity may actually go for his son (the baby). At the end of the last episode (I think) Dex was holding his baby, and told him he would never let anybody hurt him, including himself. Possible foreshadowing?
I can't wait to find out!

Unndunn
12-13-2009, 11:00 PM
amazing finale! I will wait a while before mentioning particulars since it looks like not everyone has seen it yet. I thought it was really well done and was an emotional rollercoaster!

Queerasfck
12-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Last night's season finale was pretty intense. SPOILER ALERT*****if you haven't watched it yet do not proceed.

I'm really not surprised Rita was killed off. As mentioned before I thought her character was at a dead end (no pun intended). There's was really nothing new they could do with her unless they wanted have her find out WHO Dex really is. I have to say it was a real downer to see her dead like that. Thought maybe they would do it all "off screen" the effect of seeing her murdered and how it was done was pretty unsettling.
The part about Deb finding out who Dexter's mom is makes sense. Deb is a good detective it's only natural that things keep progressing. She probably will be the one who figures everything out in the end. It was a really good season in my opinion. Much better than last year. Now we wait.........
I can't believe I have to wait until March for Nurse Jackie and the United States of Tara. Bummer!

turasultana
12-14-2009, 09:18 AM
OK, but now - does Dexter call the cops about Rita's death? does he cover it up to avoid connections between him and Trinity? (like Trinity's family seeing him on the news and saying - hey that's Kyle!), does he change the scene of the murder so it doesn't look like a Trinity killing?

was the 10 year old in the worksite a new or old killing? was Arthur's death the final "10 year old"

How much will Deb probe into Dexter's past now that she knows where he comes from? She looked very suspicious that he was at Trinity's house so quickly (just like she was suspicious that Christine was at the shooting so quickly)... hmmm

Can't wait till next season dammit! (yes I overanalyze shit).

and nurse jackie and US of Tara rock...but March.. ugh.

Queerasfck
12-14-2009, 09:31 AM
OK, but now - does Dexter call the cops about Rita's death? does he cover it up to avoid connections between him and Trinity? (like Trinity's family seeing him on the news and saying - hey that's Kyle!), does he change the scene of the murder so it doesn't look like a Trinity killing?

was the 10 year old in the worksite a new or old killing? was Arthur's death the final "10 year old"

How much will Deb probe into Dexter's past now that she knows where he comes from? She looked very suspicious that he was at Trinity's house so quickly (just like she was suspicious that Christine was at the shooting so quickly)... hmmm

Can't wait till next season dammit! (yes I overanalyze shit).

and nurse jackie and US of Tara rock...but March.. ugh.

I think Dexter does call the police, he has to. I guess he would have to say Trinity had a vendetta against him for "trying to solve the case" or Dex could say Trinity was seeking revenge for Christine's suicide. The fact that Trinity was at the police station could be used to fuel these theories. BTW, I thought it was really unbelieveable that Trinity was in the station practically unnoticed by everyone but Dexter. But okay..............
Agreed, Deb looked stunned Dex was already at the crime scene but she was a bit preoccupied with her new info about Dex's past to think twice about it I think.
Does Harrison get to go live with the grandparents? Or does Dex keep him?

turasultana
12-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Ah you're encouraging my inner geek... speculation and analysis. :)

Deb was stunned, but I bet she'll revisit that thought later about Dex. She tends to overanalyze everything. And the whole ice truck killer (i wanna write ice road trucker but that's a different show).

Yeah Dex will probably call the cops and say its a revenge for trying to solve the case. I bet the older kids go to grandma and grandpa, and the baby stays with Dexter.

Dexter kind of let Arthur finish the cycle himself by letting the toy train go and playing the "Vera" song, while killing him. Killing the innocent 10 year old left inside Arthur... but then again, the cycle was left unfinished, maybe the Arthur's son will complete it for him? (maybe I'm reaching).

Will Dex get the money to Arthur's family? will they ever figure who "kyle" was?

Kim
12-15-2009, 08:44 AM
This season was amazing. I didn't think it would be possible to improve on Season One and it just keeps getting better. Now I have nightmares about what Rita went through with Trinity in the tub. Great stuff!

Andrew, Jr.
12-15-2009, 06:13 PM
I saw all the seasons via Netflix. :awww: All I can say is this - Dexter rocks!

Tommi
12-18-2009, 09:49 PM
For the sake of west coast folks..... all i'll say is

HOLY SHIT

Yes...thanks for holding tight. :bondage:

I am having Dexter :chainsaw: withdrawals:tiger:

David57
05-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I like Rita too and think she is kind of hot. I feel that they are married so it's normal for her to call him - afterall, he is out a lot stalking people and murdering them.

[QUOTE=TCB;21193]It seems to be a popular opinion that most can't stand Rita. I for one actually think she's kinda hot...LOL.
QUOTE]