PDA

View Full Version : Words With Friends? Hello, my name is...

Pages : [1] 2

Gentle Tiger
12-16-2011, 02:41 AM
This thread came at the suggestion of a certain redhead. And I agreed. So here it is. This thread is for Word with Friend players. What is the best word you ever played? How many points? What's a word you use without fail? What words make you "murderous"? Or maybe you just suffered a painful loss.

I will start. Someone, a certain tarot reader tried to block the triple lane with anon of all words. But fret not, I had a trusty c. So! I made canon going across and the lovely flo to connect with the c.

I still got my triple. :D

On a not so joyous note, Julie beat me like I stole something yesterday. That was a sad day.

betenoire
12-16-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm really sad because when I saw the title I thought this was about the World Wrestling Federation and I thought I was going to have an opportunity to tell you that when I was a kid I wished that Jake "the Snake" Roberts was my dad.

UofMfan
12-16-2011, 06:20 AM
I play but I am not an addict. I am however, only as good as my opponent.

Dreams
12-16-2011, 06:34 AM
This thread came at the suggestion of a certain redhead. And I agreed. So here it is. This thread is for Word with Friend players. What is the best word you ever played? How many points? What's a word you use without fail? What words make you "murderous"? Or maybe you just suffered a painful loss.

I will start. Someone, a certain tarot reader tried to block the triple lane with anon of all words. But fret not, I had a trusty c. So! I made canon going across and the lovely flo to connect with the c.

On a not so joyous note, Julie beat me like I stole something yesterday. That was a sad day.

i am not an addict...i can quit at any time..the 8,10 or 12 games i have going mean's nothing at all..

P.S. hey GT wanna friend me on FB so we (i can win a game) can play WWF?

girl_dee
12-16-2011, 06:42 AM
I play but had to cut down on how many games I had going on at once! I just don't have that much time to play :(

I also thought this was a wrestling thread and although I loved Jake the Snake Roberts I was gaga over Jimmy Superfly Snuka !

Dreams
12-16-2011, 06:55 AM
I play but had to cut down on how many games I had going on at once! I just don't have that much time to play :(

I also thought this was a wrestling thread and although I loved Jake the Snake Roberts I was gaga over Jimmy Superfly Snuka !

BTW...dont play with the above person...she cheats..:blink:

The_Lady_Snow
12-16-2011, 06:58 AM

LOL I was thinkin' it's a WRESTLING thread YESSSSSS!!!

Ahh well I'll have to supress those memories now....

Gentle Tiger
12-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Someone just foiled my perfect triple score plan with eh. Really? eh? :hamactor:

Dreams
12-16-2011, 10:19 AM
someone just threw down a challenge...:pirate-steer:

Greyson
12-16-2011, 10:56 AM

Do you have to be a member of Facebook to play this word game? Who knew? Here I have been muddling about doing Two Word Phrase and Word Association.

Gentle Tiger
12-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Do you have to be a member of Facebook to play this word game? Who knew? Here I have been muddling about doing Two Word Phrase and Word Association.

Yes, it is a FB game. It isn't here on the Planet.

I am going to change GentleTiger to ImpatientTiger!

Ha! Say, can you or a member of the Admin team change the name of the thread to something more accurate? Can't have folks being all traumatized because their hopes of a wrestling discussion were dashed. And no, you cannot call it "Must Smite the Tiger"

JoSchmooze
12-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Oh hell......I have it on my iPhone....
and have YET to win a single game!
So, if you would like to win, just start a game with me...

Beware though that if I am traveling, it takes a day or
three for me to respond...

Scuba
12-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Alright...downloading the app now. You have all piqued my interest. :|

tazz
12-16-2011, 12:31 PM
just started playing it on FB, but i don't know what i'm doing :|

Ebon
12-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah I don't know how to play either.

Scuba
12-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah I don't know how to play either.

Looks like just a good ole fashion game of Scrabble!! Fun :)

Gentle Tiger
12-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Looks like just a good ole fashion game of Scrabble!! Fun :)

You are right! And it's addicting. I blame June and Dixie for my addiction because heaven forbid I take responsibility for my own actions! I just started playing. I think it was last week or the week before. The only thing is you can only play with one person at a time as far as I know. But you can have multiple games going.

Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing WwF stories except for those about beating the Tiger. ha!

Greyson
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
You are right! And it's addicting. I blame June and Dixie for my addiction because heaven forbid I take responsibility for my own actions! I just started playing. I think it was last week or the week before. The only thing is you can only play with one person at a time as far as I know. But you can have multiple games going.

Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing WwF stories except for those about beating the Tiger. ha!

I love Scrabble. It is my favorite game for many years now but I am not sure I can afford to get addicted to yet another deterrent. BFP is all I can handle.

Signing off from my place of employment. :|

Sparkle
12-16-2011, 02:01 PM
I am a Words With Friends addict.

My username is: careysparkle

Game me! :)

UofMfan
12-16-2011, 02:01 PM
I have a few games going at one time on my phone, I have yet to play it on FB.

Bring it on kitty.

Scuba
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Ok...I get the appeal :) ScubaBFP

Wryly
12-16-2011, 04:25 PM
I just started.

<--- lemming!

Scuba
12-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Game one...ON! :)

WolfyOne
12-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I have recently given in to this game
I so didn't need another FB addiction
I have already scored a 100 plus point word, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was
I know, I should have taken notes
No one told me there was going to be a thread for WWF
Sometimes I have 10 games going at once
Good thing these games are not timed out

Oh and I should not try to play when tired :|

girl_dee
12-16-2011, 09:50 PM
I can't figure out how to start a game with someone not on my FB list!

girl_dee
12-16-2011, 09:50 PM
I have recently given in to this game
I so didn't need another FB addiction
I have already scored a 100 plus point word, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was
I know, I should have taken notes
No one told me there was going to be a thread for WWF
Sometimes I have 10 games going at once
Good thing these games are not timed out

Oh and I should not try to play when tired :|

That is the only time I can get ahead of you, when you are sleeeeeppppyyy

girl_dee
12-16-2011, 09:55 PM
my WWF name is dee cajun

If anyone wants to find me and I'll play since I can't figure out how to find people!

Medusa
12-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I have 10 names going right now :|

The Tiger is RUTHLESS.

Gentle Tiger
12-16-2011, 11:51 PM
I have 10 names going right now :|

The Tiger is RUTHLESS.

Hi Medusa :kettlepot:

Do not be fooled folks. Angie is the definition of RUTHLESS when it comes to Words With Friends!

Julie
12-16-2011, 11:53 PM

Indeed, it was a sad day in America. I think I kicked your sweet ass with ANNALS -- Triple word (YAY).

Now, this game... You are kicking mine and I will not say anything about a certain red head kicking mine. That was SAD!

Love this game.

Julie

cara
12-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I have a bazillion games going on right now. Sadly, the only time I can play is late evenings and weekends. But! I will gladly play when I can. :)

I've gotten rid of all my tiles at once one time (words was URINATES). He he.

I'm currently getting my ass handed back to me by a lovable but ruthless flying monkey. :|

Ebon
12-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Started a game just now. I guess we can have more than one game going at once.

Gentle Tiger
12-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Indeed, it was a sad day in America. I think I kicked your sweet ass with ANNALS -- Triple word (YAY).

Now, this game... You are kicking mine and I will not say anything about a certain red head kicking mine. That was SAD!

Love this game.

Julie

I definitely was NOT happy with your annals; not one bit! And I still don't think it was right for you to get a double score on matzot. Clearly something was amiss that game. But I will take my revenge no matter how long it takes! Oh look! I have beaten you on this lovely night! YES!

I think you should elaborate on your experience with the redhead.

Gentle Tiger
12-17-2011, 12:35 AM
YES!

Abampere is my favorite word for tonight. The b was already on the board. That meant I was able to use all my letters. Yes folks, double word plus bonus for 69 points. I'll take it! I wonder what She Who Brings Peace will say when she sees it. :D

Ebon
12-17-2011, 01:28 AM
YES!

Abampere is my favorite word for tonight. The b was already on the board. That meant I was able to use all my letters. Yes folks, double word plus bonus for 69 points. I'll take it! I wonder what She Who Brings Peace will say when she sees it. :D

If I had known I was going to get stomped this bad I would not have played. lol First letter. Isn't there like a rule like if you're playing baseball and you are kicking the crap out of the other team the game is just over. I won't give up though. Word on brother.

Diva
12-17-2011, 05:45 AM
I.

LOVE.

THIS.

GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let there be no mistake! :eyebat:
My Sissy and I usually have 4 games going at once. We have played several games where we only play 3-letter words. (That's tough!) Usually, at some point, we have to break that rule............or ONE of us <pointing> might forget and play a 5-letter word. :giggle:

I have about 10 games going on right now and I MAY become agitated when I'm ready to play and people are SLEEPING for some reason. WHAT??!?!?!?

I know some folks use handy~dandy helper programs, but I do not. I've been playing Scrabble since my teenage years. I'm of the mindset that one is sorta missing the point of the whole game if the letters are plugged into some program. But I'm a purist that way. (Probably the ONLY way....)

And while my best memory is not with THIS game, I did once score 147 points against my Granny Sweeten when I was in my early 20's. She wasn't happy with me, but I refused to go get a switch off the pecan tree! :eyebat:

girl_dee
12-17-2011, 05:49 AM
All the cheat programs won't help, this game is much about strategy and puzzle making, lots of points can be had with two letter words !

Gentle Tiger
12-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi. I am Gentle Tiger and I am a Words With Friends addicts. There. I've said it.

Hollylane
12-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Yesterday I was thinking that just maybe he actually was a "Gentle" Tiger...It was then that I realized he had offered me brain crack.

Evil pusher.

Julie
12-17-2011, 11:31 AM
I definitely was NOT happy with your annals; not one bit! And I still don't think it was right for you to get a double score on matzot. Clearly something was amiss that game. But I will take my revenge no matter how long it takes! Oh look! I have beaten you on this lovely night! YES!

I think you should elaborate on your experience with the redhead.

Did you really seriously play "Abampere?" Seriously Gentle (not really) Tiger? I mean who comes up with that shit?

The red headed one... She beat me senseless. I have my game on today. Well... I think I do. lol

Gentle Tiger
12-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Yesterday I was thinking that just maybe he actually was a "Gentle" Tiger...It was then that I realized he had offered me brain crack.

Evil pusher.

:lol2: Me? An evil pusher? Nope. Blame that Julie character or the one with mad cooking skills, or the redhead! I am innocent. Hmm...how many points is innocent on a triple word space? I might need this information

Did you really seriously play "Abampere?" Seriously Gentle (not really) Tiger? I mean who comes up with that shit?

The red headed one... She beat me senseless. I have my game on today. Well... I think I do. lol

Why yes Miss Cosie I did. So does this mean you liked the word? And You knew what it meant!

In other news, UofcrazywordsMfan is killing me at the moment. Unacceptable!

Hollylane
12-17-2011, 12:38 PM
You can blame whomever you like...I choose to blame you. You are just as innocent as I am. Would you like to borrow my halo?

Oh, and I caved, I tasted the Christmas crack you sent me in the mail. I figured out that if I eat 1/4 of the bar it is only 3.75 carbs, which is an acceptable amount. This allows me one nibble a day. Thank you again :)

Gentle Tiger
12-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Here's a tip. Play the word shoon with the redhead. She'll love it! :lol2:

Ebon
12-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi. I am Gentle Tiger and I am a Words With Friends addicts. There. I've said it.

You have spread it like the crack they spread in urban communities back in the 80's. Now I'm addicted. Thanks Reagan.

Gentle Tiger
12-17-2011, 01:47 PM
You have spread it like the crack they spread in urban communities back in the 80's. Now I'm addicted. Thanks Reagan.

Any time my brotha. Any time!

Ebon
12-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Need a fix......:twitch:

Gentle Tiger
12-17-2011, 10:42 PM
My new favorite word is futz; especially when it can be placed on a triple word block and the z is placed on a triple letter. It made for a whopping 111 points.

girl_dee
12-18-2011, 05:24 AM
Has anyone else bought the dang game so you don't have the ads?

Diva
12-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Nope. Are You kidding me?
My eyes glaze over when I play that game! I never see the ads! :giggle:

In other news, I scored a 102-er against Sabra last night. She's a brainiac, so I felt really superior for about 20 seconds! :)

girl_dee
12-18-2011, 06:04 AM
Well on my Mac the ads pop up in between, and you have to wait 5, 4 , 3, 2, 1 seconds before the next game ... annoying!

I paid for scrabble so I don't have them anymore so I guess I will do WWF too!

Diva, this morning I went to play in our game and it said *You are out of sync* :|

Diva
12-18-2011, 06:06 AM
HA! What's NEW!?!?!?! :eyebat:

Gentle Tiger
12-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Has anyone else bought the dang game so you don't have the ads?

I confess I bought it. The ads were working my nerves! They would pop up after every play. Now I can play and move between the 15 open games that I have going. That whole waiting 5 seconds or however long it was was irritating.

UofMfan
12-18-2011, 10:01 AM
My favorite word is "Ass", as in kicking yours. yesterday

WolfyOne
12-18-2011, 10:10 AM
If someone is looking for an excellent WWF player and have Doc on your FB, play her
She must have been a child prodigy in Scrabble :blink:

Gentle Tiger
12-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Be careful UofbeatmelikeadrumMfan. You may be winning now but trust and believe your spanking is coming. Ask Julie. I will have my revenge! Oh and tertiary on a triple lane, using all my letters is a nice way to start the day. :D

UofMfan
12-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Be careful UofbeatmelikeadrumMfan. You may be winning now but trust and believe your spanking is coming. Ask Julie. I will have my revenge! Oh and tertiary on a triple lane, using all my letters is a nice way to start the day. :D

I have a word for you, unfortunately I cannot post it on this forum.

Scuba
12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
What have I signed up for.. :|

WolfyOne
12-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Since this thread started, I have 18 games going :| people will need to be patient, it's the Holidays you know.

I have 12 games going, so I understand :blink:

Gentle Tiger
12-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I have a word for you, unfortunately I cannot post it on this forum.

What? You don't like tertiary? :confused: I think it's a nice word. :D

UofMfan
12-18-2011, 12:00 PM
What? You don't like tertiary? :confused: I think it's a nice word. :D

If it is such a nice word, how about using it in a sentence?

Gentle Tiger
12-18-2011, 12:21 PM
If it is such a nice word, how about using it in a sentence?

Well let's see because you insist I go there. There's the primary, secondary and tertiary option. Which would you like? :D

Andrea
12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I downloaded this game to my phone, thinking I knew someone to play against, but she wasn't interested.

Now I am a bit intimidated. There is a difference between knowing words and thinking of them for a play. LOL

Besides, I haven't played Scrabble in years.

Any suggestions on starting out slow? :blink:

Gentle Tiger
12-18-2011, 01:57 PM
I downloaded this game to my phone, thinking I knew someone to play against, but she wasn't interested.

Now I am a bit intimidated. There is a difference between knowing words and thinking of them for a play. LOL

You just jump in, take your time and have fun. And then, poof! You're a WWF junkie. Hope that helps. lol

Dreams
12-18-2011, 02:04 PM
You just jump in, take your time and have fun. And then, poof! You're a WWF junkie. Hope that helps. lol

pusher....

UofMfan
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm one play away from the "Twice is no Mistake" badge. I won't mention from whom. the kitty

Next up, the Dominated badge. That has a nice ring to it, no?

I do know all this bragging is going to kick me in the...

Ebon
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I just tried a word and instead of saying "it's not a word" the game popped up and said "are you fucking kidding me?"

girl_dee
12-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Sitting in a hotel room with just my iphone, so i am playing WWF rapid fire!

Gentle Tiger
12-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm one play away from the "Twice is no Mistake" badge. I won't mention from whom. the kitty

Next up, the Dominated badge. That has a nice ring to it, no?

I do know all this bragging is going to kick me in the...

Glad you recognize. I can't keep allowing you to beat me like I stole something! The Tiger will have his revenge. It's good thing I'm not ahem competative cough or anything. The same cannot be said of some other people I know who have expressed a desire to smite me. :shocking:

I just tried a word and instead of saying "it's not a word" the game popped up and said "are you fucking kidding me?"

:lol2: I think I may have gotten that response too.

Sitting in a hotel room with just my iphone, so i am playing WWF rapid fire!
WWF rapid fire? What is this you speak of? Do tell.

Diva
12-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Wait.

There are BADGES???? We can sew them on a sash like a Girl Scout????? Ok. I'm jazzed!:blueheels:

UofMfan
12-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Well let's see because you insist I go there. There's the primary, secondary and tertiary option. Which would you like? :D

I am hoping to be able to use this word in a sentence soon.

Of course I know I am displaying an excessive amount of hubris for all this and will be undoubtedly hit by Karma, but it is oh so worth it.

I may not be as competitive as the Kitty, but I do enjoy a good game.

Dreams
12-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Sooooo...low score wins right??

BullDog
12-19-2011, 03:37 PM
A certain femme (I'm not going to mention who but she lives in Oregon and her name starts with H) is in big trouble.

53 points on your opening word. This means war! :hammer:

Gentle Tiger
12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Sooooo...low score wins right??

I think you should try that the next time you play. Let us know how that works out for you. :police:

A certain femme (I'm not going to mention who but she lives in Oregon and her name starts with H) is in big trouble.

Hmmm....I wonder who that could be.

JoSchmooze
12-19-2011, 04:47 PM

....tertiary syphilis, so to speak......

PM me.....I'll tell you my facebook name,
and then you can practice by beating me.....
It appears that everyone else is!

:cigar2:

Hollylane
12-19-2011, 09:36 PM

There's bound to me more than 1 H femme in Oregon...:D

sara-bera
12-19-2011, 09:43 PM
oh squee... I love this game so, so much. I'm afraid I'm not very competitive, I just love the game.

Well, I am sort of competitive with one of my coworkers.. but only because it's so fun to watch him pitch a fit.

I'd love to play, if anyone would like to, but I'd rather not put my username for it out in public as it's my real name.

Scuba
12-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Anyone know Dan Quayl's user ID...am sure he's the only one I have a fair chance of beating in this game.

:|

Midnight
12-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Hmmm I might have to look into this game! :)

Arwen
12-20-2011, 01:09 AM
TarotByArwen but don't be hurt if I don't respond right away. I've got 15 games going. I WILL accept your request but it may be 24 hours. :)

I enjoy getting the snot beat out of me.

Wryly
12-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Check my profile for my FB link.
Feel free to start a game. I usually check in at least once a day.

WolfyOne
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
I try my best to keep up with the great WWF players, but at times, my letters just suck

I'm always up for more gamers, 'cept I'm sick today and can't think right now

So, if you want to play and don't mind waiting for a return play, I'm in

I did mention in an earlier posts, I have 12 games going :|

Oh and the blond from New Jersey has been wiping the floor clean with me
I can appreciate how well she plays the game and I'm learning new words to use with others :)

Sparkle
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM
...Ooops just discovered WWF user names are case sensitive...

if you're not on my facebook and want to start a game (please do!!!) my user name is CareySparkle

sara-bera
12-20-2011, 10:47 AM
...Ooops just discovered WWF user names are case sensitive...

if you're not on my facebook and want to start a game (please do!!!) my user name is CareySparkle

Oh, that might explain some things O_O

Gentle Tiger
12-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Glad to see the "brain crack" is in abundance!

I was so not happy to be greeted with some doozy words/points 80 pts, 101 pts, 73 pts, 67 pts this morning. I will return the love.

UofMfan
12-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Glad to see the "brain crack" is in abundance!

I was so not happy to be greeted with some doozy words/points 80 pts, 101 pts, 73 pts, 67 pts this morning. I will return the love.

I don't know what you are talking about.

UofMfan
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Someone is handing me my ass on a platter right now.

I won't mention who, but I shall warn you, she looks all innocent and harmless.

Beware!

Midnight
12-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Ok. Help needed! If your not on my friend list how do I challenge you to a game? Step by step instruction please as Im new to this lol

Gentle Tiger
12-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Someone is handing me my ass on a platter right now.

I won't mention who, but I shall warn you, she looks all innocent and harmless.

Beware!

Excellent!

Mtn
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
I ponder getting the game, but it sounds more like WWE (words with enemies) once you play it. I do however play scrabble.

Wryly
12-23-2011, 08:00 PM
I am being whupped at this game.

that is all.

Scuba
12-23-2011, 08:01 PM
I am being whupped at this game.

that is all.

Ditto :| :blink:

Hollylane
12-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I want a REEEEEEEMATCH! :|

princessbelle
12-23-2011, 08:31 PM
I ponder getting the game, but it sounds more like WWE (words with enemies) once you play it. I do however play scrabble.

I'm playing it just cause so many are playing it and i'm meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones. But, truly i love scrabble way better. WWF doesn't show you your points until after you hit play. I suppose i could sit and count up all the points prior. But, gosh isn't this a computer? Shouldn't it do it for you for heaven's sake?

And, there is no dictionary and no two letter word hint thingies.

Maybe i'm just old fashion.

ha. Old fashion liking my old internet games. That's sorta funny right there.

sara-bera
12-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Oh gosh, you should try it. I haven't made any enemies yet!

Well... one of my managers might want to hurt me. I'm not sure. But it's possible.

{frets} O_o

sara-bera
12-23-2011, 08:43 PM
is anyone just playing on their phone? I'm having issues finding people that are playing through facebook. It worked once, but not since.

Or! a better question might be: does anyone know how to start a game on a phone (android) with someone who's playing on facebook? I have a facebook account but I don't ever use it, really.

ETA: I think I figured it out. If I did, I will just say to the person I found: I am terribly sorry about my first word.

UofMfan
12-23-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm playing it just cause so many are playing it and i'm meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones. But, truly i love scrabble way better. WWF doesn't show you your points until after you hit play. I suppose i could sit and count up all the points prior. But, gosh isn't this a computer? Shouldn't it do it for you for heaven's sake?

And, there is no dictionary and no two letter word hint thingies.

Maybe i'm just old fashion.

ha. Old fashion liking my old internet games. That's sorta funny right there.

Then you should try Lexulous on FB, it has the features you like; a dictionary, two word hints and it adds up your points.

I play it and have a few games going there as well.

Arwen
12-23-2011, 09:23 PM
I need more games. Find me. Play with me.

Wow. That sounds so right somehow.

TarotByArwen

Midnight
12-24-2011, 05:29 PM

TarotByArwen

I think you have to be 'friended' to play. If Im wrong please correct me! There is no 'friend' or message button on your facebook Arwen :(

Sparkle
12-24-2011, 06:07 PM
I think you have to be 'friended' to play. If Im wrong please correct me! There is no 'friend' or message button on your facebook Arwen :(

I play on my phone and can add people by their User Name.

Click green + button and choose Create Game with "User Name"

My WWF app is linked to my facebook account but I don't play via facebook.

Midnight
12-24-2011, 06:19 PM
I play on my phone and can add people by their User Name.

Click green + button and choose Create Game with "User Name"

My WWF app is linked to my facebook account but I don't play via facebook.

Thankyou so much!!! I only play via facebook. The start game button had a place to put in a username but it didnt work so I decided to try using the mobile button and popping in the persons username and it worked! Woohooo :)

Gentle Tiger
12-24-2011, 08:38 PM

TarotByArwen

What? Teh Arwen is asking, no scratch that, begging for more brain crack? This is clearly the doings of Hollylane.

Arwen
12-24-2011, 10:21 PM
What? Teh Arwen is asking, no scratch that, begging for more brain crack? This is clearly the doings of Hollylane.

You think she influences me? HA! How little you know.

Arwen
12-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Well if you have just lost or won a game with me, I can't rematch. Please rematch me. I keep getting told I have too many games open. The NERVE

Gentle Tiger
12-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Well if you have just lost or won a game with me, I can't rematch. Please rematch me. I keep getting told I have too many games open. The NERVE

Perhaps it is Teh Arwen who is the pusher of the brain crack.

scootebaby
12-24-2011, 11:51 PM
i had thought about starting to play this game just for fun,however after reading this thread i feel an intervention might be needed instead! :| :blink: :rofl:

Gentle Tiger
12-24-2011, 11:55 PM
i had thought about starting to play this game just for fun,however after reading this thread i feel an intervention might be needed instead! :| :blink: :rofl:

Well, Teh Arwen character, she might need one. I don't. I can stop at any time.:vigil:

Hollylane
12-26-2011, 01:08 AM

:| I am innocent of all charges.

You think she influences me? HA! How little you know.

Exactly. Guilt admitted.

Perhaps it is Teh Arwen who is the pusher of the brain crack.

True dat.

I can quit at any time. I am not in need of an intervention. but I too have more than 20 games active, someone challenge me, I NEED more.

Gentle Tiger
12-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Hollylane needs an intervention. She can't stop. She only thinks she can. But we know different. We are not fooled.

Hollylane
12-26-2011, 11:31 PM
If you have time to post, take your turn all ready.

uh..I mean...

I am in complete control, there is no problem with my occasional game of WWF.

Gentle Tiger
12-27-2011, 12:02 AM
If you have time to post, take your turn all ready.

uh..I mean...

I am in complete control, there is no problem with my occasional game of WWF.

This says it all.

Midnight
12-27-2011, 02:48 AM
I THINK I've made a unique WWF nickname so you may be able to find me under MidnightBFP. So far I seem to be holding my own though Im sure it wont last!

Hollylane
12-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Play damn you. Play. You know who you are.

Still don't have a problem other than the people who will not take their turns :|

Random
12-27-2011, 10:20 PM

Still don't have a problem other than the people who will not take their turns :|

woops... I think we have a game going...

going now...

Random
12-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I like this game, I think it's good for me...

My brain is mush any more....
I'm not playing to win, but to stimulate my brain...

Although there is this one butch in Nova Scotia who is WORKING my LAST nerve with words that I have never heard of.... grrrr

Scuba
12-27-2011, 11:04 PM
I THINK I've made a unique WWF nickname so you may be able to find me under MidnightBFP. So far I seem to be holding my own though Im sure it wont last!

Yes you are :|

Midnight
12-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Yes you are :|

Ah don't worry, you will soon pull a 70 pointer like someone else just did to me! I thought Sparkles were meant to be nice! lol Currently I seem to be running 50/50 with my games.

Arwen
12-28-2011, 01:02 AM
And I STILL can't start any new games. WwF is punishing me.

And it's non-consensual!

Gentle Tiger
12-28-2011, 01:51 AM

Someone is definitely showing signs of addiction. An intervention may be needed.

Bless me Tiger, for I have ignored all my games for 7 days. Amen.

I think until we get a new router tomorrow, I will have to continue abstaining. My connection is reallllllly slow. Like, dialup.

Your penance will be to lose to the Tiger five times in a row. Wait, slow as dial up? Ok, 3.

And I STILL can't start any new games. WwF is punishing me.

And it's non-consensual!

I kind of like watching Teh Arwen being punished. *smirk*

UofMfan
12-28-2011, 08:14 AM
I may have to turn off my notifications on my phone.

Every time a certain Kitty makes a move at crazy o'clock I get this lovely sound coming from my phone.

I think Teh Arwen can't start any new games until she starts winning some of her current ones :|

Those who are not my FB friends and want to play, please message me and I will give you my user name.

I don't care when you make your move, I realize we are all busy and have our lives to live, well except for the Kitty.

I do expect that you follow protocol and at least finish the game, resign, do something, but don't just leave it there. As a typical Virgo I hate to see it there, unfinished.

Andrea
12-28-2011, 08:31 AM
I may have to turn off my notifications on my phone.

Every time a certain Kitty makes a move at crazy o'clock I get this lovely sound coming from my phone.

I think Teh Arwen can't start any new games until she starts winning some of her current ones :|

Those who are not my FB friends and want to play, please message me and I will give you my user name.

I don't care when you make your move, I realize we are all busy and have our lives to live, well except for the Kitty.

I do expect that you follow protocol and at least finish the game, resign, do something, but don't just leave it there. As a typical Virgo I hate to see it there, unfinished.

Arwen stomped the heck out of me. :seeingstars:

christie
12-28-2011, 08:48 AM
I may be addicted...

WolfyOne
12-28-2011, 08:52 AM

I may eventually have to get a game going with her
I prefer my stompin's in the form of old fashioned whoopin's
That way I know I'll still be able to stand :blink:

Arwen
12-28-2011, 10:03 AM
I kind of like watching Teh Arwen being punished. *smirk*

Wrong. You are wrong wrong WRONG!

This makes me want to not move for three days. I can't do that. I feel my phone buzz and I will WAKE up to make my move. I now leave my phone out of reach.

Good letters and great position--I had it. Next game will be yours, I'm sure. :D

Gentle Tiger
12-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Most of the time it isn't crazy o'clock where I am located. lol If you would just move to California San Diego to be more specific this wouldn't be an issue Uof<what shall I call you today?>Mfan.

Arwen - I am spot on!

Christie's post made me smile. While I am not the brain crack pusher I do enjoy watching others share in the addiction you people have. I'm not addicted. :lol2:

sara-bera
12-28-2011, 02:33 PM
the latest update of WWF has my phone in a tizzy. My battery drains in an hour if I play!

I might cry.

I am a little addicted.

UofMfan
12-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Most of the time it isn't crazy o'clock where I am located. lol If you would just move to California San Diego to be more specific this wouldn't be an issue Uof<what shall I call you today?>Mfan.

Arwen - I am spot on!

Christie's post made me smile. While I am not the brain crack pusher I do enjoy watching others share in the addiction you people have. I'm not addicted. :lol2:

Aww you want me to move near you. That may have touched my cold heart.

I am not a fan of the wrong coast, but thanks!

the latest update of WWF has my phone in a tizzy. My battery drains in an hour if I play!

I might cry.

I am a little addicted.

It (the latest update) did the same thing to my phone this morning, so I have been playing from FB.

I am not addicted, but I do enjoy exercising my brain.

christie
12-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Are you using the free version or the pay version?

I haven't updated the free... last thing I need is more battery drain - the 12 hours a day I talk/text on it is bad enough! I might have to load it on the iPad too (and then seek out a 12 step program *wink* )

I might cry.

I am a little addicted.

sara-bera
12-28-2011, 03:08 PM
the paid version. I might have to uninstall until the next update. My task-killer won't even shut it off. I have to manually shut the program down every time I play.

It's a known issue though. I'd like to think their developers are working on it. I hope. I hope a lot.

sara-bera
12-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Aww you want me to move near you. That may have touched my cold heart.

I am not a fan of the wrong coast, but thanks!

It (the latest update) did the same thing to my phone this morning, so I have been playing from FB.

I am not addicted, but I do enjoy exercising my brain.

Very little can drive me to visit FB, but this kerfluffle with their last update might.

Midnight
12-28-2011, 04:50 PM

She whomped me too. :glasses: I have learned new words though lol

sara-bera
12-28-2011, 04:56 PM
She whomped me too. :glasses: I have learned new words though lol

were they new cuss words, by any chance?

Midnight
12-28-2011, 05:08 PM
were they new cuss words, by any chance?

How did you know? lol

Random
12-29-2011, 01:27 PM
How many of you use some sort of outside help?

scrabble helper or crossword helper?

Is it cheating or cheating the spirit of the game?

yes/no?

why/why not?

I'm sort of ambivilent about outside help, cause I'm playing the game for a learning experience...

But it does bite to be trounced by over three hundred points by someone you KNOW does not know what the small earbone of an animal that has been extinct for several thousand years is called.

JoSchmooze
12-29-2011, 01:35 PM
I finally won a game with Dixie
But I haven't seen her online since then....

Everyone else is beating mah ass regularly,
Even that Andrea who had not played before I offered
to let her beat me!

starryeyes
12-29-2011, 01:36 PM
I am romeebear if anyone wants to play. I'm game!

:-D
Starry

Gentle Tiger
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
There are triple Ds (3 Ds) on my tray! :shocking:

sara-bera
12-29-2011, 02:54 PM

yes/no?

why/why not?

I'm sort of ambivilent about outside help, cause I'm playing the game for a learning experience...

But it does bite to be trounced by over three hundred points by someone you KNOW does not know what the small earbone of an animal that has been extinct for several thousand years is called.

I don't use helpers. If I wouldn't be allowed to do it in a game of scrabble, I wouldn't do it in WWF.

I do however, have a ridiculous vocabulary. I love words, especially archaic ones and I am a voracious reader.

I don't play against people I suspect to be using helpers. It doesn't feel like a game anymore and I just don't see the point, I'm afraid.

scootebaby
12-29-2011, 02:54 PM
so...we can have as many open games as we want? we dont have to sit and complete a game if there are time constraints...im slowly getting around to spending more time over there so this info would be helpful

sara-bera
12-29-2011, 02:59 PM
so...we can have as many open games as we want? we dont have to sit and complete a game if there are time constraints...im slowly getting around to spending more time over there so this info would be helpful

I think that if no one makes a move for seven days, the game will end. And you may play up to twenty games, I believe.

UofMfan
12-29-2011, 03:46 PM
I think that if no one makes a move for seven days, the game will end. And you may play up to twenty games, I believe.

I have a game that has been idle for 8 days, and yes it is driving me nuts!
How difficult is it to resign? (I am not talking about you RitaSink, you are quite apt at following protocol and common courtesy).

I have about 15 games going on right now, so I am not sure if twenty is the limit and frankly I don't want to test that one out. I'll take your word for it.

Oh and no time constraints, ask the kitty he knows :D

sara-bera
12-29-2011, 06:02 PM
If you want to resign, you just have to do so on your turn.

I'm afraid I'm going to be resigning my games until the next update. I'm terribly sorry, but it's now locking my phone up and I don't want to aggravate anyone with dangling games.

UofMfan
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM

I'm afraid I'm going to be resigning my games until the next update. I'm terribly sorry, but it's now locking my phone up and I don't want to aggravate anyone with dangling games.

It was a rhetorical question, It is not my turn.

I was not able to play from my phone until late today, it seemed to be working fine then.

sara-bera
12-29-2011, 06:20 PM
It was a rhetorical question, It is not my turn.

I was not able to play from my phone until late today, it seemed to be working fine then.

Oh. I don't do well at seeing that in text. And, it's not really easy to see where to resign since they updated it. : )

Andrea
12-29-2011, 07:33 PM

yes/no?

why/why not?

I don't use any sort of help when playing. I do look up words I know are words but can't remember what it means. Sometimes I look the word up before I play it and something I wait until after, but I do need to know what it means at some point. I also look up words other people play that I don't already know.

I play the game to test myself and to learn from others. Heck, I don't even care if I win. I just want to play.

Andrea
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM

Everyone else is beating mah ass regularly,
Even that Andrea who had not played before I offered
to let her beat me!

I thought you won....:glasses:

dixie
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM

Sorry! I kinda disappeared for a while for date week...lol I'm back and ready to kick your arse again. ;)

I have a game that has been idle for 8 days, and yes it is driving me nuts!
How difficult is it to resign? (I am not talking about you RitaSink, you are quite apt at following protocol and common courtesy).

I have about 15 games going on right now, so I am not sure if twenty is the limit and frankly I don't want to test that one out. I'll take your word for it.

I've had games that were stalled for a while. I finally read everything since I hoped they would drop off after 7 days. Nope. Un-played games take 11 days to die.

Yes, twenty is the limit. I wish they would raise it because I don't get to play half the games I'd like...lol

Oh, and I have YET to win a game against GT. I'm gonna start holding candy hostage or something, in hopes of winning just one!!

Medusa
12-29-2011, 08:03 PM
I had 15 games going and probably drove all my opponents crazy when I disappeared for 7 days :-/

girl_dee
12-29-2011, 08:04 PM
I had 15 games going and probably drove all my opponents crazy when I disappeared for 7 days :-/

*tapping toe*

girl_dee
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM

This happened to me, I deleted the App then reinstalled and that worked, Not saying it will but it's a prob with the game for sure.

dixie
12-29-2011, 08:13 PM

You were gone so long that when the game popped up I thought "Were we playing a game?" lol

Medusa
12-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I need to blame it on GentleTiger. He has whipped my ass the last four games so i had to go pout :)

dixie
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
I need to blame it on GentleTiger. He has whipped my ass the last four games so i had to go pout :)

THAT I can understand completely.

dixie
12-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Just scored an 84 point word against Medusa. The word was "FADGE". Didn't even know that was a word. I was trying to put "fudge" but was distracted by something on tv. Thank you distractions! LOL

sara-bera
12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
This happened to me, I deleted the App then reinstalled and that worked, Not saying it will but it's a prob with the game for sure.

I tried that. It helped for a minute, but this morning it was worse than ever.
Hopefully, they will update it soon.

Gentle Tiger
12-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I am innocent. And yet I am being punished. I have YET to win against the UofkeepswinningMfan. But I am getting closer to victory.

In other news, why am I getting trays with either all vowels and either one or no consonants OR all consonants and one or no vowels? My tray at the moment:
ioiiuur.

I think I will return the favor and blame Medusa.

Hollylane
12-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Picture me drumming my fingers waiting impatiently for someone(s) to make their moves...

Arwen
12-30-2011, 01:13 AM
In regards to using helper sites like wineverygame.com, I use it if the other person knows and is using it. My writing partner and I did have two games going. One with and one without.

Ebon
12-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Glad to know it's not just me getting my ass whipped by GT EVERY game!! :poc-rant: <--- Angry black man face.

Ms. Meander
12-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Hello, my name is Ms. M and I am a new devotee. :)

UofMfan
12-30-2011, 09:35 AM
I am innocent. And yet I am being punished. I have YET to win against the UofkeepswinningMfan. But I am getting closer to victory.

In other news, why am I getting trays with either all vowels and either one or no consonants OR all consonants and one or no vowels? My tray at the moment:
ioiiuur.

I think I will return the favor and blame Medusa.

I think you may have this one, it is the Christmas season after all. Thanks for letting us know the content of your tray, now all I need to figure out which tray, bwhahahahaha!

In regards to using helper sites like wineverygame.com, I use it if the other person knows and is using it. My writing partner and I did have two games going. One with and one without.

I didn't even know they had those.

I am a strategist, and I tend to use a lot of words that stem from Latin, and I have been playing both in English and Spanish since I can remember. I will keep it that way and stay away from helper sites, they may mess with my WwF mojo.

Perhaps the Kitty may want to give it a shot?

I think I will now go to the word of the day thread and type HUBRIS.

Arwen
12-30-2011, 09:45 AM
I am a strategist, and I tend to use a lot of words that stem from Latin, and I have been playing both in English and Spanish since I can remember. I will keep it that way and stay away from helper sites, they may mess with my WwF mojo.

Perhaps the Kitty may want to give it a shot?

I think I will now go to the word of the day thread and type HUBRIS.

Hubris? HAHAHAHAHA snort

Sorry. I'm better now.

I try to either take or block the double/triple plays. Then I just randomly throw letters up to see if anything gets accepted...when I'm stuck.

Gentle Tiger
12-30-2011, 09:56 AM
UofmanyunknownwordsMfan just hurt me with 'audads'. I am not a wild bovine! hmph!

Welcome Ms. M. Glad to see another hooked on the brain crack.

I am keeping hope alive that I can beat the UofnomercyMfan. It will happen dangit!

Gentle Tiger
12-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Another tray with all crazy consonants? Really? Who is responsible for this atrocity? I think I will blame Medusa. Her absence threw my rhythm off and caused this tray pulling madness.

UofMfan
12-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Another tray with all crazy consonants? Really? Who is responsible for this atrocity? I think I will blame Medusa. Her absence threw my rhythm off and caused this tray pulling madness.

Whiner!

You are still winning.

Gentle Tiger
12-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Whiner!

You are still winning.

I am not referring to our game. And I will not tricked into letting my guard down UofwordsoutofnowhereMfan!

And 'feaze' is a lovely word but only if I play it. lol

scootebaby
12-30-2011, 03:09 PM
hi my name is Scoote and i think i am about to become an addict! :|

UofMfan
12-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Sometimes all that separates the men from the boys is one point.

Or the Tigers from the Kitties :D

Gentle Tiger
12-31-2011, 07:28 PM
hi my name is Scoote and i think i am about to become an addict! :|

Premeditated addiction, beautiful.
Sometimes all that separates the men from the boys is one point.

Or the Tigers from the Kitties :D

You will go down UofmyachillesMfan. And for the record, I am still a Tiger. And your WwF winning days are numbered!

Gentle Tiger
01-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Shrieked for 63 points is a nice way to start the New Year.

scootebaby
01-01-2012, 10:33 PM
i just wanted to give everyone a heads up. That lovely Ms Diva uses her southern charms to distract you from the game,then proceeds to kick your ass!

lol

nicetgurl_30
01-01-2012, 11:17 PM
KY Gently is my name on words with friends

Gentle Tiger
01-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Watch out compliments from Cajun_dee. She will play 91 point words like "noticed" after giving one. I may or may not have been impressed but that is beside the point. :|

girl_dee
01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Watch out compliments from Cajun_dee. She will play 91 point words like "noticed" after giving one. I may or may not have been impressed but that is beside the point. :|

:eyebat: .............. I've been told I should come with a warning label, but not for this reason!

scootebaby
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
ok the women are whooping my ass over there..except Dixie--and i think she just isnt paying attention lol....what the hell is up with that???

plus if u can get 63 for shrieked i think you should get like 100 points for using all ur tiles!

just my opinion of course! :)

Scuba
01-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Uncle :| and did I say Uncle :|

Hollylane
01-03-2012, 01:20 AM
I am in love with words. That is all.

Gentle Tiger
01-03-2012, 03:48 PM
:eyebat: .............. I've been told I should come with a warning label, but not for this reason!

Well, based on what I have seen thus far, in this situation you should believe what you are told.

ok the women are whooping my ass over there..except Dixie--and i think she just isnt paying attention lol....what the hell is up with that???

I feel your pain. I am starting to think people complained to UofwhippingmytigertailMfan. I have yet to win and the last game was devastating! I lost by ONE point. I will not be discouraged. It's a new year. And I WILL be kicking some UofgoingdownMfan tail dangit! :readfineprint:

plus if u can get 63 for shrieked i think you should get like 100 points for using all ur tiles!

just my opinion of course! :)

100 points eh? hmm... so I should have gotten 163 points? Ok, that will work. But this does not apply to UofneedsnoadditionalpointsMfan.

Uncle :| and did I say Uncle :|

And Sister Mary Clarence of The Dark side, Hollylane - could you be a bit more specific please? And thank you.

Ebon
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Some peeps need to play their turn.

UofMfan
01-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Some peeps need to play their turn.

I hear you.

Some kitty goes around whining but has no time to play his move.

Gentle Tiger
01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
When I left the house I had played my turn on all games. And I have been working today you impatient characters. lol

sylvie
01-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Alright....
i have been watching this thread awhile..
and broke down...

How do i send game requests? Or find you all LOL.

my username is sylviegrrrl

girl_dee
01-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Sitting in docs office waiting my turn, got a 123 point word - devised!!

Gentle Tiger
01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Alright....
i have been watching this thread awhile..
and broke down...

How do i send game requests? Or find you all LOL.

my username is sylviegrrrl

Another soul addicted to brain crack. How lovely the plan is working so well.

Sitting in docs office waiting my turn, got a 123 point word - devised!!

Did anyone know that Cajun_dee is a drummer? Yes, and a very good one. She, like UofkillingmeMfan is beating me like a drum. :hamactor: My list of WwF people to take revenge on is now two. :readfineprint:

girl_dee
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM

Did anyone know that Cajun_dee is a drummer? Yes, and a very good one. She, like UofkillingmeMfan is beating me like a drum. :hamactor: My list of WwF people to take revenge on is now two. :readfineprint:

oh dear, would it help if I told you I really got lucky with tiles in our game?? A mere fluke!

<sweet smile>

UofMfan
01-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Oooohhh I am so scared!

:D

You keep going down like that people are going to talk!

Gentle Tiger
01-05-2012, 09:59 PM
oh dear, would it help if I told you I really got lucky with tiles in our game?? A mere fluke!

<sweet smile>

Oooohhh I am so scared!

:D

You keep going down like that people are going to talk!

I will not be fooled by your sweet smile. Nope. No matter how many cool words you and the UofmanycoolwordsMfan come up with.

People are already talking. They are saying the Tiger will prevail eventually. The year is young.

And 'quash' for 43 points. I will take it.

UofMfan
01-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I will not be fooled by your sweet smile. Nope. No matter how many cool words you and the UofmanycoolwordsMfan come up with.

People are already talking. They are saying the Tiger will prevail eventually. The year is young.

Congratulations to the kitty, he finally prevailed!

WolfyOne
01-06-2012, 02:34 PM

I have played a few games or more with Dee and she hasn't beat me in all of them
Just make sure she doesn't hog all the consonants :blink:

scootebaby
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
damn i suck...and the Tiger is beating so bad its embarrassing...sheesh

but damn its fun!!!!

Thamca74
01-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Anyone want to play? I think I am pretty good. None of my friends want to play with me anymore. any takers????:hamactor:

Gaige
01-06-2012, 04:34 PM
i have some spaces open for a few new games. user name is RL Lee. bring it

dixie
01-06-2012, 06:00 PM
damn i suck...and the Tiger is beating so bad its embarrassing...sheesh

but damn its fun!!!!

You're both kicking my ass. Repeatedly. :|

dixie
01-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Congratulations to the kitty, he finally prevailed!

Damn. Is it bad that I was getting a lil bit of evil selfish enjoyment out of your winning streak?

girl_dee
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
I have played a few games or more with Dee and she hasn't beat me in all of them
Just make sure she doesn't hog all the consonants :blink:

hog is such a harsh word there Wolfy!

I had all 20 games taken but think I have room now, going to look for a couple of folks!

girl_dee
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Ok apparently I have all 20 games going. :|

ScandalAndy
01-06-2012, 06:20 PM
i've got the app. :)

ScandalHandle

Defs down with some friendly bfp matches :)

UofMfan
01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Damn. Is it bad that I was getting a lil bit of evil selfish enjoyment out of your winning streak?

No!

All good things must come to an end, or so they say.

Scuba
01-06-2012, 06:34 PM
430/291 ... This is not looking good :| In fact...I would say this was a WWF Scooby Smack-Down.

Gentle Tiger
01-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Who knew that having to memorize words from the Webster and Oxford dictionaries as a kid would pay off. I'm sure this is not what my Mom had in mind though. lol

Now to beat UofmanywinsagainMfan. I must be avenged for all of the beat downs the UofbeatswithnomercyMfan gave me.

Oh and I still can't send out anymore invites but I can accept invites.

WolfyOne
01-07-2012, 01:43 PM
The addict in me has openings, if anyone cares to play me
I'm not the best, but I'll give you a good showing
Sometimes the letters come to me, so I can actually win a few games

girl_dee
01-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I can't start any games either, :(

Gentle Tiger
01-07-2012, 07:31 PM
enigma for 60 points. I'll take it!

And I can confirm from experience that games do drop off. I still wish there were a way to end the game if the person doesn't resign after a few days.

Andrea
01-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I feel as if I have achieved something. I have gone from hoping I can make a four letter word to ....oh, there's a TW play available... I will find something to play there. LOL

I truly appreciate my opponents for their patience.

scootebaby
01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
just in case noone other than me knows this..Moxie is vicious at this game...she hasnt just beat me,she has whooped me 6 ways from Sunday!

Dixie is continuing to let me win,tho not by as much this time around...i better keep an eye on her!

and if UofMfan beats Tiger on a regular basis im not even gonna try to go there! lol

girl_dee
01-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I wish you could turn the dang music/ bubble sounds off, I hate that!

scootebaby
01-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I wish you could turn the dang music/ bubble sounds off, I hate that!

cant u turn down the sound??

CD is another one that whoops my ass...thank G-d there is enough back there for these ass whoopings!

girl_dee
01-07-2012, 09:59 PM
cant u turn down the sound??

CD is another one that whoops my ass...thank G-d there is enough back there for these ass whoopings!

bah, I get my share of arse whoopings, and not in the good way.

I play on my iphone about 99% of the time, you have to silence the whole phone to silence the game, I find that annoying!

Midnight
01-07-2012, 10:40 PM
bah, I get my share of arse whoopings, and not in the good way.

I play on my iphone about 99% of the time, you have to silence the whole phone to silence the game, I find that annoying!

I dont play on my iphone but I believe if you lower the volume while playing the app it lowers the media volume in the game and not everything else (according to a google search anyway lol). Hope this helps.

Midnight
01-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Mown for 72! My first one in the 70's woot! I won't say against who :|

Gentle Tiger
01-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Mown for 72! My first one in the 70's woot! I won't say against who :|

Congratulations!!

It is so nice to see all of the WwF addicted folks enjoying and becoming more addicted to the thrill of learning new words, playing words worth mega points, etc.

ScandalAndy
01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
are fb users able to play against app users? I've been having trouble finding some folks and wondering if that's the cause of it

Gentle Tiger
01-08-2012, 11:30 PM
are fb users able to play against app users? I've been having trouble finding some folks and wondering if that's the cause of it

I don't know the answer to that ScandalAndy. I hope the answer is yes.

On a different note, was there a 'N' award or something? I am trying to figure out why my tray has three Ns on it. :|

Midnight
01-09-2012, 12:43 AM

I'm pretty sure you can. Have you been putting their user name in the Mobile User section?

Midnight
01-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Will NOT! admit to being an addict

Gentle Tiger
01-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Will NOT! admit to being an addict

Come on! You can do it. Ok, it's just us. Just whisper it.

ScandalAndy
01-09-2012, 06:40 AM
I'm pretty sure you can. Have you been putting their user name in the Mobile User section?

My app doesn't have a "mobile user" section. I play on my phone...

Sparkle
01-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Scandal Andy,

from your phone app:

click the + sign to create a new game
choose start a new game by "user name"
type in the name - it is case sensitive

my user name is CareySparkle - you can try that one, if you like.
or tell me your user name and I'll try to start a game with you.

ScandalAndy
01-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Scandal Andy,

from your phone app:

click the + sign to create a new game
choose start a new game by "user name"
type in the name - it is case sensitive

my user name is CareySparkle - you can try that one, if you like.
or tell me your user name and I'll try to start a game with you.

grrrrrrrrr, i've been trying to look up tiger for a few days now and it's not working. I thought maybe the case sensitive bit would've thrown me off, but I guess that's not it either.

Anyway, user name = ScandalHandle and I have plenty of room for more games

Sassy
01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Downloaded the app a few days ago. Officially addicted :)

UofMfan
01-09-2012, 11:28 AM
grrrrrrrrr, i've been trying to look up tiger for a few days now and it's not working. I thought maybe the case sensitive bit would've thrown me off, but I guess that's not it either.

Anyway, user name = ScandalHandle and I have plenty of room for more games

You can't find the kitten because he is in hiding.

Joking!

Follow the instructions given and you should have no problem. I lay both from my phone and FB and i play with both people on FB and on mobiles.

Gentle Tiger
01-09-2012, 03:11 PM
A certain redheaded character Medusa just scored 108 points on a jeep? How? The J was played on a TL tile and the word on a TW. Tragic! Isn't that wonderful? No! And I am not competitive no matter what anyone says

Hollylane
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
A certain redheaded character Medusa just scored 108 points on a jeep? How? The J was played on a TL tile and the word on a TW. Tragic! Isn't that wonderful? No! And I am not competitive no matter what anyone says

I believe your protesting presents the dark truth of your competitive nature. Just sayin'

Gentle Tiger
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
I believe your protesting presents the dark truth of your competitive nature. Just sayin'

Who said I was protesting? I was merely sharing a WwF encounter.

Hollylane
01-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Ahhhhhhh!!!! WWF & Hanging with friends keep crashing on my IPhone!!! I have done the troubleshooting and it still keeps happening!!! My addiction is confirmed, because I am so frustrated!!!

HELP please!!!

Ebon
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Ahhhhhhh!!!! WWF & Hanging with friends keep crashing on my IPhone!!! I have done the troubleshooting and it still keeps happening!!! My addiction is confirmed, because I am so frustrated!!!

HELP please!!!

They are having issues with it. Mine is doing the same thing. I must have gotten too many points that last round. lol

Hollylane
01-09-2012, 05:50 PM
They are having issues with it. Mine is doing the same thing. I must have gotten too many points that last round. lol

Thank you for letting me know. I wonder if I will survive the wait, and how will we know when it is fixed? Hmpff. :|

Medusa
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Thank goodness it's not just me! I was FREAKED out earlier because I scored 90 points against Malcolm and then it froze!

UofMfan
01-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Thank goodness it's not just me! I was FREAKED out earlier because I scored 90 points against Malcolm and then it froze!

You broke it.

Gentle Tiger
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM

You broke it.

Exactly! Medusa broke WwF. WOW!

WolfyOne
01-09-2012, 06:22 PM

I'm just a beginner at this damn game, but the writer and reader in me would like to play against you
If I'm going to get an ass whooping, it might well be by someone who knows me...please do not make me cry though and allow me to sit when it's all over.

Medusa
01-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm just a beginner at this damn game, but the writer and reader in me would like to play against you
If I'm going to get an ass whooping, it might well be by someone who knows me...please do not make me cry though and allow me to sit when it's all over.

Brother - I usually hand out plenty of ass-whippings but I have been sobered by the one they call The Tiger. My poor widdle word-ego was crushed so much that I had to buy him a ticket to the next Reunion so that he can't say he can't come now. :)

Gentle Tiger
01-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Brother - I usually hand out plenty of ass-whippings but I have been sobered by the one they call The Tiger. My poor widdle word-ego was crushed so much that I had to buy him a ticket to the next Reunion so that he can't say he can't come now. :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's the wrong ticket! You're supposed to be buying the ticket to "the kitchen"!

WolfyOne
01-09-2012, 09:23 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's the wrong ticket! You're supposed to be buying the ticket to "the kitchen"!

Stay out of the kitchen, it blows fuses

Oh wait, you are probably not talking about that kitchen :confused:

WolfyOne
01-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Wait hasn't Uofi'mwhippingthekittyalloverthecontinentsMfan crushed him over and over

So, you're getting the backlash.
Is that how it works?

Right now that Outlaw from the east is spanking me hard
It happens when one little open is ripe for the taking

girl_dee
01-10-2012, 01:26 AM
I wish we could play multi player!

May as well be whooped all at once!

:spank:

girl_dee
01-10-2012, 01:29 AM

HELP please!!!

Maybe they are fixing it so the sounds can be turned down!! My sister keeps running in here thinking I am drowning!

Blurp blurp blurp!

Gentle Tiger
01-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Whipping me all over the continent??? I think NOT! :readfineprint:

scootebaby
01-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Cajun is trying to do a double whoop ass on me

Tiger is just destroying me--i have to go look up words he plays because im usually like"wtf is that"

even Dixie is now trying to beat me!

on top of all of this i am sharing my little netbook with the Prince while his I Mac is getting fixed so i have limited time(thats why it takes me awhile)--which rushes me-which makes me suck worse than usual!

thats my story and im sticking to it!!

UofMfan
01-10-2012, 09:21 AM

Hahahaha, whatever!

Sparkle
01-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Maybe they are fixing it so the sounds can be turned down!! My sister keeps running in here thinking I am drowning!

Blurp blurp blurp!

Do you have an iphone, Dee?

If so:

Settings --> Notifications ---> (find) WWF ---> and it will give you an option to choose your alert style: None, Banners, Alerts and just below that it will have a Sound on/off button.

Arwen
01-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Scrabble tournament at the Reunion after the Meet And Greet. We can draw and play teams so 8 can play per board.

Who's in?

girl_dee
01-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Do you have an iphone, Dee?

If so:

Settings --> Notifications ---> (find) WWF ---> and it will give you an option to choose your alert style: None, Banners, Alerts and just below that it will have a Sound on/off button.

Thank you, I do have iphone and have everything set as above and still each game that loads and each tile that is moved make a BLURB sound!

girl_dee
01-10-2012, 01:47 PM
ok I can't start any games and my Syr is looking for new players if anyone is interested, She is

SyrBebo

Thanks!

WolfyOne
01-10-2012, 04:20 PM

Have you not posted how many times he beat you?

Is this game making me delusional? :seeingstars:

Gentle Tiger
01-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Have you not posted how many times he beat you?

Is this game making me delusional? :seeingstars:

Far be it from me to say whether or not you are or have become delusional.

I will say that the UofmanywinsMfan's beating me like a drum on several occasions is not the same as being whipped all over the continent though it may feel like it at the time.

Just for that I am blaming Wolfy instead of the redheaded character for my having several rounds of garbage trays to work with. Why? The charge is gross exaggeration! Yeah, that's it. Guilty! :hammer:

UofMfan
01-10-2012, 04:42 PM
"Beating me like a drum"

"Whipped all over the continent"

Semantics :D

The proof is in the pudding

ScandalAndy
01-10-2012, 10:57 PM
no fair!!! i want in on this jeopardy-calibre wording!!!!

UofMfan
01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Ha! I just noticed the tags on this thread:

losers always whine, players never win

christie
01-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I would be up for some new opponents...

My user name is Christie0918

girl_dee
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
thanks Christie and as soon as I can start games again I will add you!

If you want I am deecajun on WwF.

dee