PDA

View Full Version : Downton Abbey

Medusa
02-19-2012, 08:33 AM
I've just started watching "Downton Abbey" on Netflix and am in LOVE with the show!

Anyone else watching?

Anyone else wish that Mrs. O'Brien would get socked right in the teeth?!

Prudence
02-19-2012, 09:03 AM
I crazy about this show. I get to watch a new episode tonight at 8pm. And yes.. O'Brien needs to take one in the kisser. All of season one can be seen on pbs.org Masterpiece Classic, for those who may want to catch up on this fantastic show. Thank you for starting this thread.. I know of several here that watch the show. What do you think of Patrick? Imposter or not? :missing:

Medusa
02-19-2012, 09:05 AM
I haven't gotten as far as Patrick yet!

Just started watching and am only on episode 5 of Season 1. I can tell that I will spend the next 2 days watching all the episodes! HOOKED!

I really like John Bates and hope that they keep his character around for a while!

Stitch
02-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Looove Downton Abbey!!!

I like Bates the best! Thomas the least! and Daisy seriously needs a new dress.

Also I am pretty in love with Michelle Dockery/Lady Mary and I want her to narrate all the books I read from now on.

MysticOceansFL
02-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I'll be checking it out since a few like the show!!! Thanks Ms Medusa!!!!!

WolfyOne
02-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Sounds interesting, but do I need another TV addiction....hmmmm.

Medusa
02-19-2012, 10:09 AM
You'd love it, BrotherWolfy, and it would be worth it!

I am on a new episode and just shrieked at the tv! That Mrs. O'Brien is EVIL!!!!!!!!

WolfyOne
02-19-2012, 10:11 AM
You'd love it, BrotherWolfy, and it would be worth it!

I am on a new episode and just shrieked at the tv! That Mrs. O'Brien is EVIL!!!!!!!!

I'll be charging up those extra batteries for my headset :blink:

Melissa
02-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I've just started watching "Downton Abbey" on Netflix and am in LOVE with the show!

Anyone else watching?

Yes, we have been watching. We both love it. There is a Christmas episode this week I think. So far haven't missed an episode. My great Aunt was a nurse in WWI and worked in the trenches so it was interesting seeing the latest episodes about the war and the nurses and Sybil's training.

ScandalAndy
02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
I've watched season 1, season 2 and the christmas special. I am in LOVE with the show and all the characters!

SugarFemme
02-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I am not usually into a TV show like I am Downton Abbey. I LOVEEEEE this show. Only thing is, it is way too short LOL. I want more episodes. It is definitely NOT a guilty pleasure for me. I HAVE ZERO guilt watching it LOL. Lady Sybil is so beautiful. I LOVE that Maggie Smith is in it. Hugh Bonneville is one of my fav actors. Tonight is the last night. I could cry LOL.

pajama
02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
So with season 2 ending, my FB is blowing up. So why hadn't I heard of this before? I went to On Demand and there's nothing. grrrr Now gotta go find season 1 before season 2 gets taken off the PBS website. Maybe McKay's has a copy.

Gotta see what this is all about.

Ebon
02-20-2012, 01:19 PM

Anyone else watching?

Mrs. O'Brien gets much much better. Thomas is still a prick though. You are going to love it. I just watched the season finale of season 2 yeaterday. Shirley McClain is going to be in Season 3. Sybil is my favorite and Maggie Smiths character. Love this show!!

ScandalAndy
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Mrs. O'Brien gets much much better. Thomas is still a prick though. You are going to love it. I just watched the season finale of season 2 yeaterday. Shirley McClain is going to be in Season 3. Sybil is my favorite and Maggie Smiths character. Love this show!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! Shirley McClain? Oh man, this show just keeps getting better!

Ebon
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! Shirley McClain? Oh man, this show just keeps getting better!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/30/shirley-maclaine-downton-abbey_n_1242175.html

I guess I spelled her name wrong. Shirley MacLaine will be Lady Granthams mom. Wooo can't wait!!! Her and Maggie Smith are going to be awesome!

Stitch
02-21-2012, 05:44 AM

Darling, how did you not know this?

Prudence
02-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Thank you again Medusa for starting this thread. Sunday night I saw the last episode of season 2. I won't give anything away. Stay tuned... its just gets better.. :mountie:

ScandalAndy
02-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Darling, how did you not know this?

shush, you! I haven't been keeping up with the gossip. I've been losing myself in "Sherlock" until my beloved Downton Abbey comes back. BTW BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH! I'm having a moment. He was in War Horse and is in the new Star Trek movie!!

Oooops, derail.

Back to DA: The christmas special made me swoon!

Stitch
02-21-2012, 07:25 AM
shush, you! I haven't been keeping up with the gossip. I've been losing myself in "Sherlock" until my beloved Downton Abbey comes back. BTW BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH! I'm having a moment. He was in War Horse and is in the new Star Trek movie!!

Oooops, derail.

Back to DA: The christmas special made me swoon!

I know I am in the minority here, but I love Martin Freeman more!!!
Irene Adler made my life better too!!!

back to DA:

I hope Daisy eventually gets a freaking back bone!

ScandalAndy
02-21-2012, 07:51 AM
I know I am in the minority here, but I love Martin Freeman more!!!
Irene Adler made my life better too!!!

back to DA:

I hope Daisy eventually gets a freaking back bone!

Ugh Daisy and her wishy-washy-ness!! Sometimes I just wanna slap some sense into that girl!!

Stitch
02-21-2012, 07:55 AM
I think you could take her!

Metro
03-02-2012, 07:52 AM
don't get me wrong, i enjoy this show, the the SNL kit made me crack up...

enjoy!

Ekp9q1zacfI

Metro
01-06-2013, 05:26 PM
In honor of tonight's Season 3 premier of Downton Abbey on PBS.

1IzpM1qBLio&sns=em

StillettoDoll
01-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Going to watch my very first episode tonight... Excited :popcorn:

Corkey
01-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Dame Maggie Smith, that is all...:hangloose:

vixenagogo
08-18-2013, 08:07 PM
season 4 starts january 5...*squeeeeee*

GlouriousBastard
11-23-2013, 03:46 AM
Maggie Smith won a Best Actress Oscar for The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie in 1969 which was the first time I saw her. She was as terrific then as she is now in Downton Abbey. I'm in my fourth season. Here's a montage of her Oscar-winning role as a teacher in the 1930s:

C5RUAV7ZiVc

I've had a mad crush on Elizabeth McGovern ever since I saw her with DeNiro in Once Upon A Time in America. in 1984. It's easy to see why....those blue eyes in Downton Abbey are just a beautiful now as they were then:

-ZNkfoh7xq8

Daktari
11-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Never been able to understand why it's a popular programme.
It's not a surprise that you lot like it though.

imperfect_cupcake
11-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I love costume drama. It's huge with my mates in London but no one seems to be all that fussed with it here (vancouver), unless they are already into Corrie.

I love it because I love the actors, I love the costume, I love the hair and the dialogue. It's very theatrical, like a play. And there are very few soaps I enjoy, though I did like East Enders for a while when Kat and Alfie were getting together.

If you don't like period drama, you won't like it. I love period drama. Dangerous Liasons is one of my favourite movies.

I sit an fantasise about dressing the way they do while I watch.

I do love the men's suits in it. they are very dashing.

imperfect_cupcake
11-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Maggie Smith won a Best Actress Oscar for The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie in 1969 which was the first time I saw her. She was as terrific then as she is now in Downton Abbey. I'm in my fourth season. Here's a montage of her Oscar-winning role as a teacher in the 1930s:

C5RUAV7ZiVc

I *love* The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie!!! :D

I adore Maggie Smith and I love her delivery of the lines.

she looks stunning in DA.

imperfect_cupcake
11-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I've already downloaded all of season 4 and watched it - from pirateproxy. going to be watching the xmas special with my mom on xmas! whoop!

Venus007
11-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I am so excited that another season is coming! I love DA. I kinda have a thing for Maggie Smith and she is radiant and wicked in this. I also loved Shirley McLaine as Cora's mother.

Kätzchen
11-24-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm going to find out if any of my friends plan to watch Downton Abbey in January because yesterday, I found a website with last winter's complete season of DA + Christmas Special.

Can hardly wait until the new season begins!
Can hardly wait until I can afford a TV. ;)
Can hardly wait until January (LOL) !!!

Link to the DA found ~>>> HERE (http://www.simplyjune.org/2013/10/downton-abbey-series-3.html)

TheLoneStranger
11-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Link below to watch all seasons of Downton Abbey and many other shows free.

Watch (http://www.tubeplus.me/)

Jet
11-27-2013, 09:27 PM
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/GlouriousBastard44/DowntonAbbey_zps4df9d967.jpg

homoe
11-18-2016, 06:59 AM
Downton Abbey may be long gone, BUT Michelle Dockery's new series ‎Good Behavior on TNT Tuesday evenings is worth a glance!

homoe
04-29-2019, 06:29 PM
BhB6TP_os_o

DOWNTON ABBEY The Movie Official Trailer Teaser Drama Movie