PDA

View Full Version : Kicking the sugar habit

LaneyDoll
06-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I was recently watching the HBO documentary "The Weight of a Nation." In it, health experts discussed a variety of concerns, one of them being the amount of sugar we drink.

Now, I know that I love my first thing in the morning caffeine fix but I do not drink coffee. So, I choose Diet Dr. Pepper instead.

However, after watching this, I realized that I need to cut out a huge amount of the sugar I drink (mmmm, cran-grape juice) but wondered about other options. Options like: diet soft drinks, tea sweetened with Splenda and Crystal Light pour ins for water.

I know I need to drink more and more water and hope to get there one day but during the transition, what are my best options? I know we have some fitness peeps out there, so come help please?

:sparklyheart:

aishah
06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
in my experience, fake sweeteners are extremely bad for you (speaking from years of a diet coke habit & being around other folks with similar habits). many of them are toxic to our bodies. when i was trying to transition to drinking less soda, i switched to iced tea and limeade with not much sugar, or even just water infused with a lot of fruit. i would definitely not recommend replacing a regular soda habit with fake sweeteners. because of my bad experiences with sweeteners, when i do drink soda now (rarely) i drink real soda...and try to get the kind with actual sugar when i can.

good luck! this is really hard. i hope it works for you!

Talon
06-01-2012, 11:12 AM
I was recently watching the HBO documentary "The Weight of a Nation." In it, health experts discussed a variety of concerns, one of them being the amount of sugar we drink.

Now, I know that I love my first thing in the morning caffeine fix but I do not drink coffee. So, I choose Diet Dr. Pepper instead.

However, after watching this, I realized that I need to cut out a huge amount of the sugar I drink (mmmm, cran-grape juice) but wondered about other options. Options like: diet soft drinks, tea sweetened with Splenda and Crystal Light pour ins for water.

I know I need to drink more and more water and hope to get there one day but during the transition, what are my best options? I know we have some fitness peeps out there, so come help please?

Hi Laney,

Good for you for trying to cut down on your sugar intake. Some ways to sneak water into your diet are herbal iced teas....so many flavors to choose from, and all can be sweetened w/Splenda or Stevia.
Simple iced water where you add fresh oranges, cucumbers, lemons, limes, berries, mint, ect.
Mineral waters/selters where you can add lite cranberry juice cocktail or any number of lite juices (1/2 of each over ice).
You can also make lite juice "ice cubes" and have those handy to add to plain water, too.

One great thing about water is that it's fairly easy to get creative with.
Hope this helps.

JustJo
06-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Wonderful goal.....sugar is deadly stuff.

Unfortunately, for me, I've found that the artificial sweeteners in diet sodas make me crave sweets more, not less. Others in the HWL thread have found them to be a huge help....so it's probably a personal body chemistry thing.

I drink a lot of water, black coffee, a little 1% milk, and a whole lot of home brewed iced tea sweetened with agave nectar. Agave is low-glycemic, which means it doesn't spike your blood sugar like sugar, honey, fruit juice, etc. do.

The other good option for me is stevia....a naturally calorie free plant that is very sweet but also doesn't spike the blood sugar.

One of the things I used as I transitioned out of my soda addiction (diet sodas....I'm diabetic), was the Sobe Life Waters. They come in a variety of yummy flavors. Be aware though that only some are zero calorie and sweetened with stevia.....the others are no different from grabbing a soda.

Good luck! :)

tantalizingfemme
06-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I drink three things (I know..sounds boring) tea (hot and iced), water and coffee. I make iced tea at home and use agave nectar as the sweetner. You can also do that with water. You can add a little agave and fresh lemon juice to give it a "lemonadey" flavor. I also use fresh lemon or lime in my water if I want flavor.

Good luck! It is amazing how much sugar is consumed by drinking.

Amber2010
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
That is great that you are trying to get sugar under control. We can't stop from having suger heck it is in the fruit we eat but the stuff that we can get away from is a great start. I was in a college class and they were talking about the sweetner in Diet drinks has the same stuff in it that they put into dead bodies so to me that is not a good thing to put into us. Of course coked is used to clean a car battery so I am thinking that really is not something good to put in our system either. I did work hard on training myself to drink unsweetened a lot. I love Unsweet tea with lemon and my coffee is always black. I think the main thing as you said LaneyDoll is to drink lots and lots of water. It takes about two weeks to start this habit to get your mind and body use to it but it is sure worth it. :)

LaneyDoll
06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
What about the Crystal Light pour-ins? Any thoughts on those?

JustJo
06-01-2012, 11:23 AM
What about the Crystal Light pour-ins? Any thoughts on those?

Those are artificial sweeteners as far as I know. At one point they had talked about a stevia-sweetened one, but I'm not sure if it ever came out on the market...

Apocalipstic
06-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I drink diet soda and crystal light pour ins and Splenda in my coffee and for cooking.

I have been trying to make the switch to Stevia, at least in my coffee.

I really like the idea of lemonade with agave too, I am going to try that this weekend. I would like to replace my diet soda intake, I have tried, but so far have been quite unsuccessful.

Best of luck to you!

DapperButch
06-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Two options of sweetners if you want to stay away from sugar and not die from the toxic stuff of artificial sweetners:

Stevia (truvia) or Agave Nectar.

Otherwise, sugar won't kill you as quickly as the artificial sweetners will, so pick regular Dr. Pepper over diet Dr. Pepper.

Also, Jo mentioned that diet soda makes her crave sugar more. It is true. That is why people see a weight reduction even when they quit drinking diet soda; the person eats less sugar b/c they crave it less...therefore, they lose weight.

ETA: No to crystal light - it is not made from stevia or agave.

vixenagogo
06-01-2012, 04:49 PM
i have found that when going away from soda (or pop as we would say in michigan)... it wasn't the "sweet" that i missed, but the fizziness.

that's why i enjoy fizzy water- like san pellegrino.

Sachita
06-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree that artificial sweeteners are not the way to go. I'd rather see you drink cane sugar then that any day. The problem with soda is they haven't used real sugar in a very long time. Now it's made with high fructose corn syrup like many sugar drinks and foods. There is a myth that mexico has coke with real cane sugar but I personally have not seen it.

Sugar is a big one for me. I am a huge sugar addict. But I try to drink water daily and a lot of it. I've always been a huge water drinker but I admit I did get into the diet soda trap. But it does make me more hungry and after a while i feel like shit.

Once you start drinking good clean water you're body will begin to crave it. You can try adding lemon, maybe a small dash of agave (which is sweeter then sugar or add a bit of organic raw sugar).

If I was you i would try and stay away from the new milo's and other artificial flavors. Learn to drink and like water. I use a good water filter at home and when I leave the house I bring my water with me

Sachita
06-01-2012, 05:03 PM
oh and people can say all they want about agave. I use it in my coffee everyday. I don't have to use very much and I never get the sugar rush I get with other sugars.

aishah
06-01-2012, 05:21 PM
it's not a myth...there are places you can buy imported mexican coke where i live with real sugar, and it definitely tastes better than the kind with hfcs. it's just really expensive.

DapperButch
06-01-2012, 06:01 PM
it's not a myth...there are places you can buy imported mexican coke where i live with real sugar, and it definitely tastes better than the kind with hfcs. it's just really expensive.

Here you can find real sugar for Mountain Dew, Pepsi and one of those lemon/lime/sprite (but not sprite) type sodas. They are not everywhere those products are sold, though.

deedarino
06-01-2012, 06:12 PM
There have been some studies come out recently that say over time, our bodies start to "see" artificial sweetners as sugar and they affect blood sugar the same. I only drank diet pepsi forever and I am pretty sure it just about killed me. I know it didn't keep me from gaining weight.

I like water with fresh lemons or limes. No sweetener or sugar. Like everyone said, stevia or agave are good if you want sweet.

DapperButch
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
There have been some studies come out recently that say over time, our bodies start to "see" artificial sweetners as sugar and they affect blood sugar the same. I only drank diet pepsi forever and I am pretty sure it just about killed me. I know it didn't keep me from gaining weight.

I like water with fresh lemons or limes. No sweetener or sugar. Like everyone said, stevia or agave are good if you want sweet.

Fascinating. Thanks for posting.

deedarino
06-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Fascinating. Thanks for posting.

Not sure how it all is playing out, but here is a little bit about it:

http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/29/studies-why-diet-sodas-are-no-boon-to-dieters/

G Snap!
06-01-2012, 06:48 PM
We have cut back on sugar in our household, also gluten and dairy, and I have had little to no allergies this year! We also splurge on some local honey. :floatbee:

I think artifical sweetners make you crave more sweetness because your body demands carbs and you instead give it chemicals. You are just fooling your tastebuds. I have heard artifical sweetners aggravate fibromyalga (sp?) so it may be possible those aches and pains you are feeling are from that diet soda.

I refuse to buy bottled water and hate having to buy and carry stuff "to drink". I have a Brita pitcher and refill water bottles. We also get 100% fruit juice and mix it half with water (it's the same exact thing as light.) I honestly am a stickler for buying things "to drink", for a country where everyone gets clean drinkable water piped into their homes we sure blow a lot of $$ on stuff "to drink". Of course, beer is a different story...

I don't recommend anyone try kicking their sugar habit in just one day, try cutting back here and there and hopefully you will find yourself craving it less.
We cut back how much sugar we put in our morning coffee or tea just by using a little less each day, and since we do no dairy we get vanilla soy or almond milk and it had a little sugar in it already.

All of this thread has discussed sugar in what we drink. How about what you eat? I am the person who "reads the lease" so I will read food labels and find a lot of stuff has one thing or another in it to sweeten it...

LaneyDoll
06-01-2012, 07:49 PM
OK, a few thoughts I have, based on various replies...

* I actually do like water. But I prefer it COLD!!! And, I do not like it when I eat so I wanted an option for meals. The water in my home is pretty good so I am lucky in that respect.

* I asked about diet drinks b/c I once read that they are actually worse than the sugared drinks.

* I have heard of stevia so I will try to find some of that; agave is probably something I will have to search for.

* I think it is a fizzy thing for me; I find that I crave drinks that are what I call "sparkly."

* Real Coca-Cola from Mexico kicks ass!!! It really does.

* Right now I am focusing on drinks b/c according to what I have found, we as Americans consume about 400 calories per day in just what we drink! Between soft drinks, coffee products and juices. That is huge!

Thanks for everyone's input!!!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

chefhmboyrd
06-01-2012, 08:22 PM
OK, a few thoughts I have, based on various replies...

* I actually do like water. But I prefer it COLD!!! And, I do not like it when I eat so I wanted an option for meals. The water in my home is pretty good so I am lucky in that respect.

* I asked about diet drinks b/c I once read that they are actually worse than the sugared drinks.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

i like water with a lil squirt of lime or lemon in it. i like to get club soda too, it satisfies the fizzy craving.
i used to consider a 2 liter of diet coke as a single serving......
i had to kick that.
when i lost weight, all i drank was coffee tea and water for a year,
:wolf: i felt Great

i have had a lil problem with energy drinks
oh and Sparks.... fuggetaboudit
and course we have to drink beer, at least some........
Guinness of course
:drunk:

LaneyDoll
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
i like water with a lil squirt of lime or lemon in it. i like to get club soda too, it satisfies the fizzy craving.
i used to consider a 2 liter of diet coke as a single serving......
i had to kick that.
when i lost weight, all i drank was coffee tea and water for a year,
:wolf: i felt Great

i have had a lil problem with energy drinks
oh and Sparks.... fuggetaboudit
and course we have to drink beer, at least some........
Guinness of course
:drunk:

Luckily for me, I rarely drink any alcohol so that helps I guess.

I avoid energy drinks b/c the pup really dislikes my drinking them and it is a simple thing to do to make him happy.

Now, when you drank tea, did you sweeten it? I am pure bred Southern girl and I love my iced tea.

Novelafemme
06-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I've become a huge water drinker over the past year or so and like others here I love it with fresh lemon or lime squeezed in. Citrus naturally helps burn certain fats so it can help with weight loss as well.

I don't drink alcohol anymore and rarely have a diet soda, so I primarily drink San Pellegrino with a dash of sparkling blood orange or grapefruit juice, coffee in the morning with a little honey and half/half, and unsweetend ice tea.

We also juice one meal out of the day (usually dinner) and it has made a huge difference in every way imaginable. Once you get hooked on the zing fresh fruit and veggie juice gives you, there's no going back!

I'm not a big stevia lover. It's way too sweet for me. I love agave nectar and local honey though and cook/bake with them as much as possible.

Stay away from artificial sweeteners...nasty stuff! Good luck :)

LaneyDoll
06-01-2012, 10:03 PM
I've become a huge water drinker over the past year or so and like others here I love it with fresh lemon or lime squeezed in. Citrus naturally helps burn certain fats so it can help with weight loss as well.

I don't drink alcohol anymore and rarely have a diet soda, so I primarily drink San Pellegrino with a dash of sparkling blood orange or grapefruit juice, coffee in the morning with a little honey and half/half, and unsweetend ice tea.

We also juice one meal out of the day (usually dinner) and it has made a huge difference in every way imaginable. Once you get hooked on the zing fresh fruit and veggie juice gives you, there's no going back!

I'm not a big stevia lover. It's way too sweet for me. I love agave nectar and local honey though and cook/bake with them as much as possible.

Stay away from artificial sweeteners...nasty stuff! Good luck :)

I am pretty big on fresh fruits and veggies. It is not uncommon for me to have had an entire day's recommended servings by lunch time.

My main focus right now are modifying drinks. One, it is easier to make small changes and two, my children will be along for the ride. Luckily for me, they already drink a lot of water. But they do like juices as much as I do.

I am not a fan of lemon flavored water but I do like the idea of adding any citrus fruit for an extra kick of flavor AND fat burning benefit.

Soft*Silver
06-01-2012, 11:09 PM
I am a toxic diet soda drinker and am trying to quit. I love sugar but in the form of solids, not in my drinks. My momma was a diabetic and I grew up drinking diet sodas. Tab. Remember Tab? Oh saccharine! So awful!!! But regular drinks are awful!

I had quit drinking diet sodas after my stumach surgery but then started up again. And it has increased as time went on, to the point where I am gaining weight thanks to my sugar consumption, driven by my diet soda addiction.

I made a vow to drop diet sodas and sugar solids from my food intake. I have good days and bad days in regard to this. Right now as I type, I am drinking tap water. And have had only one sugar snack today. Its a good day.

I dont look at my food intake as a diet plan anymore. I see it as my life. I make good choices or bad choices. And yes, sugar substitutes really do influence my fibromyalgia. the more I consume, the worst my fibro becomes. And it also influences (negatively) my depression.

Sugar is in So many things! Ketchup! Egads! Who would have thought!

chefhmboyrd
06-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Luckily for me, I rarely drink any alcohol so that helps I guess.

I avoid energy drinks b/c the pup really dislikes my drinking them and it is a simple thing to do to make him happy.

Now, when you drank tea, did you sweeten it? I am pure bred Southern girl and I love my iced tea.

we generally drink unsweet tea, except in the am we put a lil almond milk and a sprinkle of sugar, but cold tea is unsweet. I do love to plurge on some good ole sweet tea every now and then, but g-snap drinks cold tea unsweet always.

chefhmboyrd
06-02-2012, 07:47 AM
:)

we have a jack lalane juicer tha i love, and should use more often. Carrot apple is my fave, but mixing in some kale and other greens can make for a great meal. I also like to throw a little chunk of ginger (the root, not my schmoopy) in there for extra zing. :jester:

I have been putting juice in my club soda, YUM
tastes way better than those Fanta or Crush fruit sodas,
HFCS is BAD so we get the 100% juices.:sunglass:

Orema
08-29-2015, 04:48 AM
watch?v=MepXBJjsNxs#t=73

cookie-face
08-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Personally I find homemade beverages to be the best- make large amounts of them, keep them in the fridge and fill a re-usable bottle with them. This way, you can control the amount of sugar to your taste.

I personally use stevia to sweeten my drinks. I make lemonade and herbal teas, especially lemongrass, and then put them in the fridge. If you have a juicer you can make your own juice, but fresh juices have to be drunk quickly, you'll use a shit ton of fruit which can be expensive, and they can be naturally high in sugar.

Mormegil
09-08-2015, 01:16 AM
I have always had a issue with sugar. I LOVE sweet tea...so very much it might make up 85% of my dna , but that hasnt been proven yet.

Anyways , When I try to drink just water it makes me sick...I get really nausious no matter how fast or slow I drink it. Doesnt matter if its ice cold or room temp or well water ,spring , moon water whatever kind they have.

So I went to putting artificial sweetners in it , then I read not to because Aspartame and other stuff. I dont like lemon at all in drinks so adding that is a no. So Ive just been trying to add less sugar to my tea and drink water when It doesnt make me sick. Never tried Agave though might have to research that.

Gemme
09-08-2015, 05:24 AM
I have always had a issue with sugar. I LOVE sweet tea...so very much it might make up 85% of my dna , but that hasnt been proven yet.

Anyways , When I try to drink just water it makes me sick...I get really nausious no matter how fast or slow I drink it. Doesnt matter if its ice cold or room temp or well water ,spring , moon water whatever kind they have.

So I went to putting artificial sweetners in it , then I read not to because Aspartame and other stuff. I dont like lemon at all in drinks so adding that is a no. So Ive just been trying to add less sugar to my tea and drink water when It doesnt make me sick. Never tried Agave though might have to research that.

I use Organic Agave Five to put in tea and it seems to hit the spot.

I've gotten myself off of Coke again but now I'm hooked on Clear American (http://www.walmart.com/browse/food/water/clear-american/976759_976782_1001659/YnJhbmQ6Q2xlYXIgQW1lcmljYW4ie)fizzy water. It says it has zero calories, zero sugar, zero caffeine and zero sodium but I'm not sure what that leaves. I think it's still better than Coke. At least there are no artificial colors and I'm cutting several teaspoons of sugar with each Coke I don't drink.

DapperButch
09-08-2015, 06:20 AM

Agave Nectar or Stevia. I use Agave Nectar in everything.

MsTinkerbelly
09-08-2015, 09:18 AM
I used to drink at least a 2-liter of diet soda a day for many, many years! Now my go to is iced water and coffee, with an occasional alcoholic drink 2-3x a year.

I don't miss the diet soda....I remember it was hard at first to give up though. There is so much bad with it, and with my kidney issues I am very glad I was able to stop consuming it in mass quantities. I never drank sodas with sugar, my Mom was dieting from a very early age, and we drank diet sodas at home.

My Kasey likes Pact water from Ocean Spray, with natural colors and Stevie for sweetness. I've tried a few of the favors, and the cranberry w/blood orange is pretty yummy.

Daisy Chain
09-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Interesting thread.

I was always a savory toothed girl rather than sweet, I was never bothered about chocolate or cake and cookies. But when I hit my 40`s my taste changed and I wanted sugar badly..as well as the savory stuff ! :|

I have been on a real healthy eating kick of late and somehow with family birthdays, meals out and takeaways when things have gotten busy I have lost my way. I was doing great, I felt better, energized, and now I am bloated, sluggish and tummy has had a few tantrums. {I am in confessional mode here, can ya tell ?} :phonegab:

I am going to get my act together, winter is coming and I need healthy food for the vitamins and my immune system. So back to loads of veg and fruit and no..wait...far less crap.

I dont think I was even missing the junk and sugar that much really, its just so easy to drift back to it. On the plus side I still have sweeteners in my tea.
And I have cinnamon in my porridge though I think I will buy some stevia to try as you folks seem to be advocates.

Daisy :chocolate:...whoops :bouquet:

MsTinkerbelly
09-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Interesting thread.

I was always a savory toothed girl rather than sweet, I was never bothered about chocolate or cake and cookies. But when I hit my 40`s my taste changed and I wanted sugar badly..as well as the savory stuff ! :|

I have been on a real healthy eating kick of late and somehow with family birthdays, meals out and takeaways when things have gotten busy I have lost my way. I was doing great, I felt better, energized, and now I am bloated, sluggish and tummy has had a few tantrums. {I am in confessional mode here, can ya tell ?} :phonegab:

I am going to get my act together, winter is coming and I need healthy food for the vitamins and my immune system. So back to loads of veg and fruit and no..wait...far less crap.

I dont think I was even missing the junk and sugar that much really, its just so easy to drift back to it. On the plus side I still have sweeteners in my tea.
And I have cinnamon in my porridge though I think I will buy some stevia to try as you folks seem to be advocates.

I have found that "simply fruit" jelly with no added sugar is a great stir in with my oatmeal. I like the orange marmalade the best, but strawberry is really good as well.

DapperButch
09-08-2015, 05:55 PM

Skip the Stevia, go with Agave Nectar. Stevia still has an aftertaste.

I squirt the Agave Nectar right into my tea or anything else I might drink. I use it instead of jelly on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I put it in my oatmeal.

P.S. I thought porridge was just for bears?

Daisy Chain
09-08-2015, 06:21 PM
I have found that "simply fruit" jelly with no added sugar is a great stir in with my oatmeal. I like the orange marmalade the best, but strawberry is really good as well.

I will try this thank you, I have been trying some thin low fat bagels, I think they would be good with some jam {jelly} on too.

Skip the Stevia, go with Agave Nectar. Stevia still has an aftertaste.

I squirt the Agave Nectar right into my tea or anything else I might drink. I use it instead of jelly on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I put it in my oatmeal.

P.S. I thought porridge was just for bears?

I will have to see if they sell it here, I may be able to get it on line from a health shop I think, the after taste does put me off some sugar subs.

And what do you use instead of the peanut butter ? !

Daisy :bouquet:

DapperButch
09-09-2015, 05:33 AM
I will try this thank you, I have been trying some thin low fat bagels, I think they would be good with some jam {jelly} on too.

I will have to see if they sell it here, I may be able to get it on line from a health shop I think, the after taste does put me off some sugar subs.

And what do you use instead of the peanut butter ? !

Ah, well, I am not trying to avoid sugar. I just take the opportunity to voice the wonderment of agave nectar, anytime I get it.

Oh, and Skippy rules! (True. There is a thread on it).

Gemme
09-09-2015, 08:21 AM

Bagels are usually not the way to go if you are trying to drop sugar unless you have whole wheat or multi-grain ones. When things are low fat, the sugar is amped up to compensate for the lack of fat.

Liam
09-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Bagels are usually not the way to go if you are trying to drop sugar unless you have whole wheat or multi-grain ones. When things are low fat, the sugar is amped up to compensate for the lack of fat.

This goes for milk too. Next time you are at the grocery store, check out the amount of sugar in no-fat, low-fat, and two percent milk and compare it to whole milk. Whole milk has less sugar than any of them. Sad, but true.

Gemme
09-09-2015, 10:04 AM
This goes for milk too. Next time you are at the grocery store, check out the amount of sugar in no-fat, low-fat, and two percent milk and compare it to whole milk. Whole milk has less sugar than any of them. Sad, but true.

Exactly. Same with just about everything. Yogurt, treats, sauces. The list goes on.

Daisy Chain
09-09-2015, 02:41 PM

Hhhmmm, now you have me thinking, I may have to look for a different one then, I had a look and the ones I have been having are 3.3g of sugar which label tells me is medium..? 130 cals per bagel. That said I was only having i or 2 per week and no other bread/bakery items. Now I`m hungry !

DapperButch
09-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Hhhmmm, now you have me thinking, I may have to look for a different one then, I had a look and the ones I have been having are 3.3g of sugar which label tells me is medium..? 130 cals per bagel. That said I was only having i or 2 per week and no other bread/bakery items. Now I`m hungry !

Most important is to remember to stay away from whites. Whites=fat.

Always go with whole wheat or whole multi grain.

Soon
09-09-2015, 07:28 PM
http://www.glamour.com/images/health-fitness/2012/12/sushi-lunch-w724.jpg

Gemme
09-10-2015, 04:51 AM
http://www.glamour.com/images/health-fitness/2012/12/sushi-lunch-w724.jpg

*cry*

I love :sushi:

I do know about the white rice so I go for brown whenever I can but it's still not the greatest option.

legally_b10nde
08-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Kicking the sugar habit is difficult to do.... especially, when i'm dinning out with friends etc. I find that gradually reducing sugar intake is the best way to go and instead of drinking sugary drink, I usually drink mineral water or tea or just plain water. Don't forget to read the Nutrition Facts label!

Gemme
08-20-2016, 06:20 PM
I just started reading The Sugar Smart Diet by Anne Alexander and even though I was pretty savvy as to how much sugar is in everything and what names it can be found under, it's incredibly interesting and pretty damn horrifying what sugar and foods that are not sugar but our body responds to them like sugar do to us.

I'm not sure I can follow this 32 day plan exactly but I'm going to give it a try once I've finished the book. We'll see what happens.