View Full Version : Love is...<3

Pages : [1] 2 3

FeminineAllure
12-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Share what love is to you?

How to Dance in the Rain

It was a busy morning, about 8:30,

When an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived

To have stitches removed from his thumb.

He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.
On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.

He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me,

But I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left,

I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,

'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither

Physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;

They just make the best

Of everything they have.

FeminineAllure
12-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Love is..."Friendship caught fire."

sharonsuburbia
12-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Share what love is to you?

How to Dance in the Rain

It was a busy morning, about 8:30,

When an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived

To have stitches removed from his thumb.

He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.
On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.

He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me,

But I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left,

I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,

'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither

Physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;

They just make the best

Of everything they have.

i just got teary - i hope im loved like that:choir:

Tommi
12-12-2009, 11:36 AM
i just got teary - i hope im loved like that:choir:

YEP..Me too.That is powerful..

Love is my girl ...sharing fun You Tubes to cheer me up when she knows I have had a hard day.It does lighten the load, and she always finds one to make me smile. Hope this makes you all smile...Go ahead ..play it :tiger:
YouTube- Love Is All

Jet
12-12-2009, 11:37 AM
...something unconditional.

FeminineAllure
12-20-2009, 07:07 PM
"Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end."

Gemme
12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
I like this thread!

Love shows itself to me daily in a hundred different ways. When my guy is extra patient with me because he knows I feel like crap and am crabby as crabby can be, that's love. When the puppies stop in the midst of their playing to come romping towards me because they see me getting ready to go to work and don't want me to leave without kisses, that's love. When I take a deep breath and think of the reasons NOT to go :batmoose: on my coworkers, that's love. When my guy cackles in glee because of the weight of the Christmas box he sent out, that's pride...and love....showing itself.

I'm a semi-romantic. I like :bouquet: but don't require them to know that someone cares. The same goes for the other usual schmoozy stuff. I recognize love when someone takes a few extra moments out of their day to think about me and do something for me that will save me a little bit of time, when they pick something up for me at the store because it "looked like me", or when I'm being thought of and I know it. That's some of the different shades of love.

Diva
12-21-2009, 07:01 PM
These are so lovely.....it would be lovely to have this in my life.......

I remember when my Mom no longer recognized my Father.....her last birthday, he gave her a card and then opened it for her and read it to her because she didn't know what it was or what to do. And to see the love he had for her made me know that THAT was the kind of love I wanted and needed in my life.

Love for my Heart of Hearts is unconditional. That doesn't mean doormat. I enjoy their attention.....I enjoy hearing those priceless words "I love You". Like Gemmie, I love flowers, too, but I don't require them all the time. Love is being able to speak my heart and have it interpretted with love. And love it not having to say anything at all and feel that same love.

I love reading some of the comments between couples in love on various threads here and being able to witness the love growing.....and of solid love. It warms my heart.

Dean Thoreau
12-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Love is:

when your are sick as a dog and she wipes your forehead with a cool
cloth; even tho u are blessing the porcelain goddess

not wondering what its like on the otherside of the fence.

accepting the annoying crap like toothpaste cap left off, toilet paper put on the roll the wrong way, bathtowels lying on the floor, car always left with an empty tank, always burning my grill cheese sandwich, leaving a 1/16th of a teaspoon of juice in the container and putting it back in the fridge, shrinking my silk suit in the washer, turning all my white undershirts pink, calling me 3 hours after i fall asleep when she is away cause she is lonely, dropping my cell phone in the ocean....and knowing in the greater scheme of things I will miss every one of the stupid things if something were to ever happen to her.

not expecting her to be any more perfect than I am....and

accepting the fact that we can be assholes, jerks, inconsiderate idiots at times cause we are human.

love is.... just saying screw it and taking each others hand and continuing thru the muck and riding the roller coaster of life.

:flyaway:

Gemme
12-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Love is:

when your are sick as a dog and she wipes your forehead with a cool
cloth; even tho u are blessing the porcelain goddess

not wondering what its like on the otherside of the fence.

accepting the annoying crap like toothpaste cap left off, toilet paper put on the roll the wrong way, bathtowels lying on the floor, car always left with an empty tank, always burning my grill cheese sandwich, leaving a 1/16th of a teaspoon of juice in the container and putting it back in the fridge, shrinking my silk suit in the washer, turning all my white undershirts pink, calling me 3 hours after i fall asleep when she is away cause she is lonely, dropping my cell phone in the ocean....and knowing in the greater scheme of things I will miss every one of the stupid things if something were to ever happen to her.

not expecting her to be any more perfect than I am....and

accepting the fact that we can be assholes, jerks, inconsiderate idiots at times cause we are human.

love is.... just saying screw it and taking each others hand and continuing thru the muck and riding the roller coaster of life.

:flyaway:

*laughs*

Love this!

violaine
12-21-2009, 11:35 PM
! guinea pigs !

Softly
12-21-2009, 11:44 PM
love is....
when she kisses my eyelids before bed and holds me, playing with my hair until I fall asleep.

when she cooks amazing dinner she knows I will like when I had a long day at work.

never judging me for mistakes I have made in the past.

always accepting all I have and all that I am.

:love1::heartbeat::love1:

Softly
12-23-2009, 08:16 AM
LOVE is our cat Kingsley giving me kisses in the morning and talking my ear off...(he just wants his food but I like to pretend he just likes to talk to me)

Meeeeeeeeeeow meow MEEEEOW meow!!! meow.
:playingcat::awww:

AND :sushi: is LOVE.

Andrew, Jr.
12-23-2009, 08:49 AM
During the time my sister was at NIH, she endured several rounds of chemo, stem cell therapy, experimental drugs, and other therapies. However, she wasn't the only patient there. When you are there, you see others suffering, and you meet other families. At first you are strangers, then within minutes you are family.

We all seemed to help each other out, with caring for our loved ones who were terminally ill. We would do everything from wiping their butts from severe diarreha, to getting buckets of ice chips to share, to bottled water, to taking the time to sit with their loved one while they took a break to get a cup of coffee or eat a quick meal. It was a balance of love, knowledge, and strength.

Some would bring in lap tops and share new information on such and such. And find out who was doing the cutting edge medicine and drugs of whatever disease their loved one had.

Unfortunately, we all shared in the mourning of the loss. It gave us more strength. We ended up going to the many many funerals. And some even spoke at them. It was about forgiveness. For the doctor not being able to get there in time. For the treatment not working. And the list can go on and on. It is all about finding a place for the ugly side of being sick to be. It is love. Life shared is more rewarding than when you are alone. It shows your spirit.

Andrew

apretty
12-23-2009, 10:35 AM
the dogs all tucked in around me and snoring. :stillheart:

Locutus
12-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Giving someone you love the space they need...

FeminineAllure
12-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Love is...Not always about the smiles and laughter but really being fully present to wipe away your lovers tears when necessary.

FeminineAllure
12-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Love is...Acceptance that loving another involves loving the whole person with all of their imperfections.

Gemme
12-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Love is...Acceptance that loving another involves loving the whole person with all of their imperfections.

Amen!!!!!!!!!

FeminineAllure
12-29-2009, 04:18 AM
In my dreams I'm always with you.

Love is hope. Hope is faith. Faith is trust. Trust love.

Wait for the one you can't live without.
YOU CAN'T SEE IT, BUT YOU CAN FEEL IT.
Love is amazing....
You find it in people you least expect to.
And see it in people you often reject.
How often do you find love when you're not looking for it?
But you know you've found it when your knees turn numb.
Love is something some people try to ignore,
They are afraid of loving and what it opens their heart for.
Love is something some people try to find,
And when they find something close to love, they fool themselves sometimes.
Love must be a coincidence, or an unexpected event,
A surprise in its happening, and heaven sent.
You must not rush it or plan the road you wish it to lead,
Let the feeling take its course, in any way it needs to.
You'll know when the feelings there, and when its completely right,
From there on, just let that feeling go, totake you to an unreachable height........

If love is... not a game, then why are there so many players?

If I had a rose for every time I thought about you, I'd be sitting in a garden~

When in search for that perfect bloom we often misss the smell of the roses.

Kiss me and you'll see the stars...

..Love me and I will give them to you

Theres a sparkle in your eye that only I see, and theres a place in your heart where only I want to be.

Unknown

always2late
12-29-2009, 06:16 AM
I have a story similar to the one that started this thread. I am a nurse, and several years ago I worked on an Alzheimer unit. The husband of one of our patients would come every day to feed her breakfast, visit with her, and feed her lunch. She was in end-stage Alzheimer's, nonverbal, and had no sign of recognition that she knew who he was...and yet every day, without fail, there he was. He would talk to her, sit with her, feed her, and every day tell her he loved her. He told me the story of how they met...at a dance on a naval base. They met in January, and he married her that June. He said she was the love of his life.

One day we had a blizzard, it was a state of emergency and the local news channels were warning that no one should be out on the roads. I was sitting at the nurse's station and to my surprise, I looked up and saw him walk through the doors. I said to him "Mr *, what are you doing out! You shouldn't be driving in this weather!" He just looked at me, smiled and replied "Well, I couldn't leave my girl alone now could I?"

That is love

Inuus
12-29-2009, 07:07 AM

Priceless :)

Softly
12-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Love is taking the Christmas tree down together and not wanting to kill kill kill xoxo (because my asthma was getting bad we had to take the tree down)!

Love is cuddling close to my lover when the alarm goes off and I feel our cat jump right into the space on the other side of me...lol makes me all happy thinking about it ! warm body on one side and handsome black cat on the other xoxo

:awww::awww::awww:

Love is feeling warm inside when I hear our songs...

Love is want, not need.

daisygrrl
12-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.
~Mark Overby

Tommi
12-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Love is talking before the game, her being there at half-time :football: and waiting to talk till the game is over, :football: and still there when it's :football::football: OT which "goes till the next day". :3femme:

Words
12-29-2009, 09:52 AM
...knowing when the O/other needs a cup of tea but doesn't have the energy to make it.

Of all the things Hy does for me - and Hy does a lot - it's those cups of tea that make me feel loved the most.

violaine
01-08-2010, 12:34 AM
outside, when it's far too bright in the middle of the night
tree arms, shoulders, and quiet ground blanketed in white
then a bird appears - a most unexpected sight .

Dragonfly
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Love is a verb, not just a noun. Most people think of it as a noun. But it is like the word seat. You sit on a seat (n), or you Seat the customers. One is a word describing something the latter is the action of putting people in their seat.

When you say I love you to someone, it is a verb in that sentence. Its the actions you make. Things like giving a massage to ease their pain, celebrating special days, and even just working on the relationship talking. They are all actions that show love. Everything you put in the category of things you do FOR that loved one to Show your feelings. Love just isnt some vague undefined feeling that there are never enough words to describe... the feelings are different for everyone so the dictionary references as a noun are only a foundation basic explanation. Love used as a noun is subjective and interpretation is different for everyone. So if it isn't something you can touch like a seat... how is it real?

For me it is because Love as a verb is factual. Tangible. Really easy to prove because as a verb, the actions are the proof. You experience it as it happens outside of one's mind and in the real world. Love as a verb is what makes love real. If its not a verb, then when it is used as a noun we would all think of it (world wide) as a FICTIONAL or Mythological thing.

Most of the world can recognize a fictional character or make believe item like invisibility cloak of Harry Potter for example. Author imagined and not "real". Maybe the subject and plot had realistic aspects, it was make believe by Rowlings and she gets paid a lot of money too I might add. Love is not supposed to be in this category is it?

Love is a verb for me.

FeminineAllure
01-09-2010, 06:42 PM
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong

violaine
01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
love is at the check out - trying to hold a mini telephone conversation with love and too many things going on at once -

:wateringgarden:

Blade
01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Love is letting go
Love is looking back, and realizing it really wasn't worth it, and being ok with that.
That is love of self.

Gemme
01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Love is working through the shit.

labete
01-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Love is allowing vulnerability and trusting it will be okay.

Love is being accepted and appreciated for who I am/she is, and being completely ourselves, unselfconscious, uncensored.

Love is honoring boundaries, mine and hers.

Love is the drive to seek solace in her arms above anywhere else, and to fulfill the same need for her.

Love is intimate connectedness, attuned to one another.

Love is a gift from us to both ourselves and each other.

Love is the look in her eyes when she catches and holds my gaze.

Love is the cocoon that surrounds us and mutes the rest of the world when we're in each other's arms.

HeartBreak Kid
01-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I had to keep coming back to this thread...
my reflex was to write something bitter and angry, not becuase I am but because Love Hurts......even when it's good.
Then My friend(and I suspect, guardian angel) sent me a Poem that elequently explained love as I see it.
So to answer the question What is Love?
It is asking the Impossible........
I ask the impossible: love me forever.

Love me when all desire is gone.

Love me with the single mindedness of a monk.

When the world in its entirety,

and all that you hold sacred advise you

against it: love me still more.

When rage fills you and has no name: love me.

When each step from your door to our job tires you--

love me; and from job to home again, love me, love me.

Love me when you're bored--

when every woman you see is more beautiful than the last,

or more pathetic, love me as you always have:

not as admirer or judge, but with

the compassion you save for yourself

in your solitude.

Love me as you relish your loneliness,

the anticipation of your death,

mysteries of the flesh, as it tears and mends.

Love me as your most treasured childhood memory--

and if there is none to recall--

imagine one, place me there with you.

Love me withered as you loved me new.

Love me as if I were forever--

and I, will make the impossible

a simple act,

by loving you, loving you as I do

~Ana Castillo, "I Ask the Impossible"~

Peace and Love

sylvie
01-16-2010, 10:26 AM
love is... honesty
love is... embracing all imperfections
love is... feeling safe

Sachita
01-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. My life, once again going through changes and processing lessons, keep them, leave the past. I've thought a lot about love and this is what it means to me.

Love is enduring and it doesnt go away. It evolves and deepens if in fact its real. Seeking love is all about conditions, however when love plants it seed the conditions start to disappear. When I love someone they become a priority in my life and I make a commitment to always be there even when its hard to sometimes. I have never fallen out of love, just changes and to date I have truly loved three people. Even today, although we've all moved on I would turn heaven and earth to be there for them.

The friends and family I love... sometimes I don't like them and they make me angry but somehow love always heals this and it never goes away.

Love is tolerant. This doesn't mean you put up with shit but that when you love you learn a whole new level of compromise.
You cant walk away from love. You can try but its an essence that can't be extinguished.

Everyone loves differently but the essence of love is total, unconditional and pure light. We decide how it will manifest in our life and we give love permission to reside and grow.

The moment you realize there is only one of here and you erase the separation, love becomes part of everything around you. When your heart and spirit lives in love, you love everything around you but there are soulful connections that make you soar and teach you lessons. Love is all about growth and learning to love yourself and your connection to all that is.

FeminineAllure
01-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
-St. Augustine
from the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin:

Sachita
01-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
-St. Augustine
from the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin:

Thats beautiful BUT in translation sounds like lust, which we all know too well! Then we decide if love exist and how it will exist for us.

Thank you for posting it.

Beau
01-16-2010, 10:33 PM
.. is twirling you while savoring the delicious moments of your mm mm mm.:bunchflowers:

:: ahem :: love really is the laughter you evoke daily :stillheart:

FeminineAllure
01-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Love is... Sometimes wanting what is best for yourself. Even it that means saying goodbye and walking away while your still in love with someone.

Andrew, Jr.
01-22-2010, 08:46 AM
*Feeding and caring for my feral cats

*Finding and loving stray animals

*Dino and my 3 cats

*Hank & Honey, my squirrels

*The chipmonks in the woods that I feed

*All of my frogs in the woods that I rescued

*All of the turtles in the woods that I rescued

labete
01-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Love is sharing the things that are hard to share, like difficult feelings or the last two truffles.

Love is making her sandwich the way she likes it because that's the way she likes it even though I don't like it that way.

Love is getting to use body parts to warm popsicle toes. :snowman:

daisygrrl
01-22-2010, 11:55 AM
I love you is such an inadequate way of saying 'I love you'.

--Joan Crawford, Possessed (1947)

Random
01-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Home made pumpkin empanadas on a cold day..

Random
01-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Love is simply that...

Meaning.. When you are love... Truely loved... when you love... Truely love.. then nothing changes that..

time
distance
communication

It doesn't matter, if you see them, speak to them.. It still exists..

Love simply is...

WILDCAT
01-23-2010, 01:22 AM
LOVE IS OUR ADELE!

:rose:

HeartBreak Kid
01-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Love is staying AWAKE to help a friend clean....... :wtf:
LMAO :simplelaugh:
J/k....
:ballngag:

Soon
01-23-2010, 10:56 AM
a breakfast burrito (no green peppers!)
a hot skinny latte (large!)
getting a break by my love when I was being kind of an ass

Blade
01-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Love is a commitment not an emotion

violaine
01-25-2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.chnctfoundation.org/images/heart_cog_lrg.gif

+

http://www.groovebunny.com/public/Mojo_Jojo.jpg

violaine
01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
perennials
:awww:

Blade
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
-St. Augustine

violaine
02-05-2010, 06:03 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UMAra7Qx-sk/StXNNhtPaAI/AAAAAAAAAEc/8uMkEmUhgUs/s320/crows+in+flight.jpg

:heartbeat:

http://dearada.typepad.com/dear_ada/images/murder_of_crows.jpg

FeminineAllure
03-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Love is the gazing into the eyes of a lover and smiling because no words are necessary.

Blade
03-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Love is never having a reason to say "I'm sorry"

afixer
03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UMAra7Qx-sk/StXNNhtPaAI/AAAAAAAAAEc/8uMkEmUhgUs/s320/crows+in+flight.jpg

http://dearada.typepad.com/dear_ada/images/murder_of_crows.jpg

those are hella cool.

girl_dee
09-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Love is when feeling that tight grip.

jules5041
09-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Love is always having someone to come home to.

bigbutchmistie
09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Love Is :

A safe place in the middle of life's storm

Patient

Love is unconditional

Love is loyalty

Love is understanding

Love is praying for someone more than you pray for yourself

Love is listening

Love is action

Gemme
09-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Love is waking up with the alarm you forgot you set to dragon breath, hair stretched in weird spikes to maximum capacity, half a pound of crusties in your bleary eyes, leftover make up you were too tired to remove earlier smeared around your now raccoon-looking eyes, a sore throat from hacking and snoring all night long, the faint stench of acrid smoke in the clothes you were also too tired to remove earlier combining with someone's nighttime farts and assaulting your delicate senses aned hearing the following in a groaning, groggy voice:

You're beautiful.

:stillheart:

FeminineAllure
09-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Love is having the courage to admit when you are wrong.
Love is saying when you are sorry.

girl_dee
09-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Love is doing not just talking...

Ebon
09-19-2010, 01:08 AM
I sure wish I knew.

Tcountry
09-19-2010, 01:32 AM
It is an emotion we cannot control
But is also one that fills your soul.

Tcountry
09-19-2010, 01:37 AM
My Love

I do not love you for the way you look or what you wear
But rather for the way I feel when you’re not there.
I do not love you based on your family or friends
But on a promise to stick by you through all possible ends.
I love you for the way you make me feel inside
And how the devotion we share fills my soul with pride.
I love the little looks and smiles you give me everyday
And out of fear for the feelings I’ll have if you ever go away.
I love the way you chose to be yourself
And know that where your heart is, is your only true wealth.
You are the light at the end of my lonely tunnel.
Without you, I would be spiraling down life’s sad funnel.
You control my emotions and own my heart
I dread the days we have to spend apart.
So you see there is no way I could change my mind
For without you loneliness is all that I would find.
Material things don’t mean much to me
It’s the love in your eyes I want to see.

paposeco
09-19-2010, 01:57 AM
LOVE Is an Action Verb.

Ms. Tabitha
09-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Love is.....
Giving. Powerful. Amazing. Unconditional. Initmacy. Romantic. Trusting. Peaceful. Forgiving. Mysterious. Magical. Complex. Difficult. Imaginary. Thought-provoking. Inspirational. Intuitional. Joyous. Immeasurable. Ecstasy. Undefinable.
It's listening to each other with your heart, mind and soul.
It's letting go of fear and giving in to trust.

Love is looking past imperfections in your partner and seeing the beautiful person inside.
Love seeks happiness and well being you want for your partner.
Love expresses itself in the mutual respect you demonstrate to one another.

:rrose:

Abigail Crabby
09-19-2010, 07:25 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gkkWOGhXIAc/SwKGI9CoVUI/AAAAAAAACaw/OHeyuhCylQI/s1600/Love_is+7.jpg

miss entycing
09-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Love is,
the little things......

leaving me a lil note on the mirror- with my lipstick
a slow dance in the kitchen
a picnic in bed
Hym with the grandkids, when Hy doesnt know I'm watching
reaching out to touch my face

love's finer things.

MysticOceansFL
09-19-2010, 08:52 AM
I live through my dark existence
only to bask in your beauty
your eyes that shine like sapphires
your smile that brightens even my sad existence
I envy the wind that runs through your hair
that touches your lips
I long to touch you
to hold you in my arms but I cannot
for your heart belongs to another
so, I can only love you from afar
your friendship means more to me
than anything this world provides
but like an angel you touched my heart
in a way that I've never felt before
cause I've never known what love is until this day
I know that we are only friends
but my heart wishes it to be more
so I will still hope and dream
that one day I can feel your lips pressed to mine
to hold you in my arms and say, "I love you"

Guy
09-19-2010, 08:54 AM
C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N

Tommi
09-19-2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.cadillacranchcreations.com/images/IMG22_2822.jpg

Mister Bent
09-19-2010, 10:13 AM
...fuck face + dickhead

Love is grit and heat.

MsTinkerbelly
09-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Love is something that carries you through every day, the good, the bad and the wonderful :blueheels:

Tcountry
09-19-2010, 05:20 PM
sCZg7EUlHFw

StillettoDoll
09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
:countpetal:Love is packing a lunch for BLaze:bully:

Spirit Dancer
09-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Love is.....still heart pounding even in the difficult times.

Glenn
09-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Love Is As Love Does.. No Matter What Anyone Feels Or Says.

jey_z76
09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
I think how often we miss love in a lifetime by a wrong gesture, by an unspoken word, or by not keeping silent at the right time. We lose it by the interference of other people, by a lack of money and communication, by a quarrel over something stupid and yet.... we cannot live without it.

There are no words to describe how beautiful or special a woman is or even how I will feel when it comes to her. To put these things into words would be to define them, to quantify them, which means to limit them. There would be a beginning and an end. There is no definition fitting nor any limit.

Seems that I'm always searching for someone to truly love. Running through life blindly, awaiting and dreaming of her. I just have to imagine her laying here with me, no matter where that might be. All my senses reach a new height. If ever my wishes would come true, she will be in front of me. If I ever make it through these dreams, I hope that she will feel the same. As dawn's gray light approaches with leaded heart, I find an empty space beside me. Somehow she seems to be a figment of my imagination. But if the dreams I have shall come true, it will be there that I find the solace of when our souls unite. I have never met her in person, though I have the desire to. To look into her eyes and see her beauty within that will perfectly match her outter beauty!

This is love!

MysticOceansFL
09-21-2010, 05:00 PM
"Love puts the fun in together,
The sad in apart,
The hope in tomorrow,
The joy in the heart."
- Anonymous

FeminineAllure
09-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
Robert Heinlein

DamonK
09-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Me: Baby, I wanna see about doing ...
Her: I'm behind you every step of the way. I'll talk to ... about it when I see him next week.

A girl that's willing to stick with her guy on one of the most critical journeys of his life.

MaggieBluIze
09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
... so elusive but WILL be found.
... not a delusion.
... something deserved.

nicetgurl_30
09-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Love is something that is often spoke to quickly
And misunderstood since the beginning of time.
Love is for those who still believe in fairy tales and someday seek and shall find.
Because love is the greatest treasure ever hidden and yet all of us can find
L

Logicaly
09-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Love is...

Knowing that when I am in so much pain, she will wake up from a dead sleep and drive an hour just to take me to the emergency room. Or when its 10pm at night and I am pulled over on some unknown street vomiting out the car door and she will leave work, just to take me home to make sure I am okay and safe.

And love is...

The day of my grandmothers funeral, my grandfather was sitting there as they lowered the casket into the ground, and he looked at my aunt and said..."I can't wait until I am right there next to her again." And more often than not, he doesn't know who he is today, or where he is, or even what year he is in, but around the holidays, he will never fail to remember his wife, and ask for her.

Love is also...

Watching my dad or my sister walk into a room that my nephew is in, and his face light up with the biggest smile that only a baby can have as he reaches for them and grasps onto them for dear life.

Love is...

The simple things in life, the things that make you smile, that make you feel important, that fill you with this feeling that makes you want to turn around and do something good for someone else. It is a lot of things around us that we take for granted and might not ever see, but are always there. Love is what you make of it.

T D
09-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Spending the rest of my life with my best friend..... whomever and wherever she is.

Tcountry
09-26-2010, 11:11 PM
....Being there...when it matters...

Gemme
09-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Love is letting him sleep though all I want to do is go jump on the bed and wake him up.

:waitinggirl:

Starbuck
01-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Love is not taking my night meds so I stay awake at least once on vacation, to make sure I don't snore and she gets a good night's rest.

Love is taking care of yourself so you are prepared to meet her needs when she gets home.

Love is fulfilling her love language, be it: words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, acts of service, or physical touch... or it could be a combo of several. Either way, her needs are met and she feels loved.

Love is not being ashamed of who you are or who you are becoming.

FeminineAllure
01-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Love is...Being tucked in at night and tucking in your lover.

bigbutchmistie
01-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Love is...Being tucked in at night and tucking in your lover.

Awwww congrats :)

Blade
01-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Love is...not always what you think it is, sometimes it's even better.....then again sometimes it aint.....

MsTinkerbelly
01-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Love is....

Letting me sleep in on a Saturday morning....

Leigh
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Love is .............

No matter how far apart you may be, or how often you've strayed away from one another, you always find your way back home :heartbeat:

LeftWriteFemme
01-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Love is old, Love is new

jYmXh8mHUR4&feature

afixer
01-18-2011, 07:41 PM
it's a moment here and a moment there weaved in your emotions.

MsTinkerbelly
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
A look, a touch, a taste....a sigh:love1:

Gemme
01-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Letting your partner have the last piece of pie.

StillettoDoll
01-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Blaze and Doll
http://www.umnet.com/pic/diy/screensaver/1%5CLove-Anniversary--11014.gifhttp://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:mUwoD_rboD_qpM::www.entertainmentjade .com/inc/images/articles/stone%2520love.jpg (http://search.aol.com/aol/imageDetails?s_it=imageDetails&q=love++anniversary&img=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.entertainmentjade.com%2Finc%2 Fimages%2Farticles%2Fstone%2520love.jpg&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.entertainmentjade.com%2Finde x.php%3Fpage%3Darticles&width=150&height=150&thumbUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-partners-tbn.google.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AmUwoD_rboD_qpM %3A%3Awww.entertainmentjade.com%2Finc%2Fimages%2Fa rticles%2Fstone%252520love.jpg&b=image%3Fpage%3D8%26v_t%3Dkeyword_rollover%26q%3D %2Blove%2B%2Banniversary%26count_override%3D20%26s _it%3Dtopsearchbox.image%26oreq%3D89448158a0ae42bf 9b862e88017b761d%26oreq%3D93451830f48042a58e86aaf8 3244e5fa&imgHeight=1024&imgWidth=1024&imgTitle=Stone+Love+Anniversary+Returns&imgSize=89246&hostName=www.entertainmentjade.com)http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gkkWOGhXIAc/SwKGI9CoVUI/AAAAAAAACaw/OHeyuhCylQI/s400/Love_is+7.jpg

sylvie
01-22-2011, 08:35 PM
love is..

the ability to be completely honest, out of respect of the one you love..even if it's brutal honesty, it's knowing you can always count on the one you love with all your heart & soul..

Leigh
01-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Love is truly unconditional

StillettoDoll
02-08-2011, 05:11 AM
http://www.artfulaspreycartoons.co.uk/content/photos/Love%20is/LoveIs02.jpg

StillettoDoll
02-09-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.heartofmyheartpets.com/HomepageValentine.jpg

Happy Valentines Day... almost

Kätzchen
02-13-2011, 12:36 PM
woven throughout the lifespan of time you spend with the one you care for with honorable intention: an ocean of love and a resevoir of intellectual acuity that privately cares for the health and wealth of all that is intangible and tangible and counted worthy of attention where it concerns the expression of love...

sylvie
02-13-2011, 12:42 PM
love is --

feeling special, well protected, cared for, beautiful, enjoyed, cherished & so very desired , with simply one look...

cinderella
02-13-2011, 01:15 PM
LOVE IS: my Bichon Frise - Pinky, 5 months old :)

Ok, so tried getting out of driveway w/Jeep. No dice. Stuck, can't go anywhere...my baby Pinky needs her kibbles! Poor thing, she'll just hafta do w/fresh chicken, steak, turkey & pork chops. All simmered in broth no salt or condiments, cut up into tiny pieces, and she is loving her first bone!! (from the steak) She carries it from room to room like it's a precious possesion - and it is! Too funny! Love my Pinky-Winky (now under my chair gnawing on her precious bone).

Bootboi
02-13-2011, 01:18 PM
YouTube - Silly Love Songs - The Warblers (Glee 2x12)

cinderella
02-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I so love this! And so true. :)

http://www.heartofmyheartpets.com/HomepageValentine.jpg

Happy Valentines Day... almost

FeminineAllure
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
Oliver Wendell Holmes

FeminineAllure
06-01-2011, 03:30 PM
"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
Robert Heinlein

Martina
06-01-2011, 04:08 PM
"Love is about bottomless empathy, born out of the heart’s revelation that another person is every bit as real as you are. And this is why love, as I understand it, is always specific. . . . . to love a specific person, and to identify with his or her struggles and joys as if they were your own, you have to surrender some of your self." -- Jonathon Franzen

FeminineAllure
06-01-2011, 04:11 PM
"Love is about bottomless empathy, born out of the heart’s revelation that another person is every bit as real as you are. And this is why love, as I understand it, is always specific. . . . . to love a specific person, and to identify with his or her struggles and joys as if they were your own, you have to surrender some of your self." -- Jonathon Franzen

Beautiful!:cheer:

MsTinkerbelly
06-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Love is....soft puppy kisses

Maria
02-03-2012, 01:12 PM
...when your sweetie not only tolerates your crazy food obsessions but enthusiastically embraces them, to the point where you start to feel like a panko-coated, factory-farmed slacker by comparison.

:hk19:

Mr Nice Guy
02-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Love is a soft touch on your face and the kiss that follows. ;)

Leigh
02-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Love is having someone who truly cares about you and all your faults/quirks no matter what :)

Library_girl
02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Love is absolute, complete, and unbreakable, yet can be expressed with a single glance, the lightest touch, the smallest gesture.

clay
02-03-2012, 04:18 PM
soft, full lips, tender caresses, and burning one another's soul...lips to lips...yummm

JustJo
02-03-2012, 05:08 PM
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/nov2011/6/6/elderly-couple-holding-hands-pic-getty-images-299128103.jpg

cea
02-03-2012, 05:13 PM
feeling tenderness even at the end of a really hard week.

msW8ing
02-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Love is..her doing 8 hours of work in 3 hours..then standing at your hospital bed for 5 hours just to hold you and stroke your hair..making everything better.

JustJo
02-04-2012, 08:49 AM
...taking the time to talk, and understand. :rrose:

MysticOceansFL
02-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Knowing the differents between Love and inlove :glasses:

FeminineAllure
08-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Love is...the opposite of Fear.

Tcountry
08-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Complete...
unfaltering...
Worth it...

*tip hat*

thedivahrrrself
08-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Love is fierce. Love will walk through fire without thinking of the risk. Love is brazen, because it is single-minded and steadfast.

MsTinkerbelly
08-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Love is something I treasure every day; whether from my spouse, child, family, friends or pets... it is my greatest gift from God.

yotlyolqualli
08-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Love is... a verb.

Glenn
08-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Only through personal experience can one truly know.

G Snap!
08-31-2012, 01:02 PM
... Taking a leap of faith even though everyone around tells you he will only just break your heart and lie to you...
Only to find he's the best thing that ever happened to you and those friends who said all of that cr*p were just jealous.

Little Fish
08-31-2012, 01:13 PM
...saying goodbye to her, one year ago today.
...seeing how far come I've come.
...knowing we made the right decision to love each other, knowing it was the right decision to part ways.

...wishing her light and love, all the days of her life.
...looking for her first, in my next life.

Be well Natalie, thank you for loving me "deep and true".

Tony
08-31-2012, 01:50 PM
.....not having to question what love is. Just knowing.

The_Lady_Snow
08-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Love is... Sharing a pudding cup on a break...

Bard
08-31-2012, 02:55 PM
love is my sweet wife texting to make sure I am up in time for work XOXO

puddin'
09-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Love is... Sharing a pudding cup on a break...

oh hell yah...

Bard
09-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Coming home after a long night at work and cuddling in bed with her bodies have to be touching feeling the heat from her body inhaling her wonderful scent a murmured I love you as you drift off to sleep :moonstars:

Nomad
09-02-2012, 10:26 AM
love isnt a rose garden. it isnt a ring. it isnt a fiftieth first date or an album full of photos or a box of cards and letters and trinkets you kept because you needed something to take up physical space as a symbol of something you cant put into words.

love is crazy making. love is annoying habits and taking the last of the milk for the coffee and phone conversations that go on too long when you really just want to sleep a few hours. love is discussions about things that make no sense to one of you and move the other to tears. it's decisions about things that will change your way of moving through the world forever. love is wrenching when you want to be left still; it's noise in a quiet world. love is putting away several things you truly like for the one thing you truly want while maintaining that you'd be just fine if that desire went unfulfilled and secretly admitting that life would suck if you missed out on your moment. love is wrenching when you need stability and slow when you are hungry for fast and filled with more light than your Raybans can filter and habitual to the point of boring when you need a little insanity and brilliantsexy when you just reached out for a hug.

love isnt a glittering red heart or anniversary dates that come with sparkling champagne and gifts in colored paper. love is an ugly grey cementrocksolid anchor that doesnt let you down and never lets you go and wont let you f*ck yourself over.

love is repetition. it's years of talking and arguing and talking and apologizing and talking and laughing at yourselves and talking and exploring new options when the old options dont work anymore and talking and getting help with the obstacles that are frightening because facing them isnt scarier than letting it all go out of ego or pride.

love is dirty. it's mud encrusted devotion. it's loyalty that comes with welts and bruises and scrapes. love does permanent damage, leaves scars, carves its name into you for everyone to see and wont fade away when you do. love is dirty. it's dirty. if it werent, it wouldnt be love. it would be a valentine.

FeminineAllure
09-04-2012, 06:17 AM
A never ending series of hellos and goodbyes

Gentle Tiger
09-04-2012, 07:43 AM
...more than just a feeling.

cinnamongrrl
09-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Love is..... my honey wanting to hook up the washer and dryer for me so I dont have to go to the laundromat.... and he's very sick too :(

Teddybear
09-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Love is..... my honey wanting to hook up the washer and dryer for me so I dont have to go to the laundromat.... and he's very sick too :(

well i got it hooked up but some how something aint right i can fix it right now baby soon i promise

MsTinkerbelly
09-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Love is....waking up with the one I love day after day, year after year.

Love is....my life!

Miss Scarlett
09-07-2012, 12:44 PM
When hy calls just to hear my voice...:hk2:

Novelafemme
09-07-2012, 01:15 PM
A quiet voice that speaks to your soul.

Scorp
09-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Never having to apologize if you unexpectedly pass gas :fart:

Followed up by an "Oops, sorry honey"

Before anyone goes ewwww, or yuck, this stuff happens especially after 10 years of being together...You know i'm right....

Yeah, yeah, I did the good-behavior-manners thing at the beginning too, but as time goes on....Love means never having to say "I'm sorry I farted"....especially when it's reciprocated back..... :rolleyes:

~SweetCheeks~
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Love is the smile she gives me just by hearing her voice.

FeminineAllure
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Love is the laughter you bring to my life that works better than tissues at wiping away my tears.

theoddz
09-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Love is cleaning out a very dirty garage together and then sharing an ice cold bottle of water with dirt-smudged faces. :| + :| = :heartbeat:

Heh.....

Yep, that's love. :winky:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

Outlaw
09-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Absurdity shared.

lusciouskiwi
09-26-2012, 06:55 PM
The way she chuckles.

JAGG
09-26-2012, 07:06 PM
True Love -always finds a way.
True Love -never dies.
True Love -defies logic.
True Love - is that one person you can't live with out.
True Love - is a rare beautiful thing.

ruffryder
09-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Love is meeting each others needs.

Gráinne
09-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I think it should be required that engaged couples should have to 1) hang wallpaper together, 2) move a couch down five flights of steps, and 3) paint a room together. If you do all those things without killing one another, it's love.

Tony
09-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Intangible, yet you feel it in everything you do.
Undeniable.
Indescribable.
The pain AND the ecstasy.
The life blood that pumps through your heart.

cinnamongrrl
09-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Love is....

My honey bear braving walmart on a friday morning because I was craving fakin bacon with breakfast today....and then having him MAKE breakfast for me....AND starting dinner early besides so I can go to work with some chicken and dumplins tonight :) Oh...and he got me chocolate ice cream. Sorry ladies....he's ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Teddybear
09-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Love is....

My honey bear braving walmart on a friday morning because I was craving fakin bacon with breakfast today....and then having him MAKE breakfast for me....AND starting dinner early besides so I can go to work with some chicken and dumplins tonight :) Oh...and he got me chocolate ice cream. Sorry ladies....he's ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Baby

No1 can ever take me from you. The gates of hell dont stand a chance if I have to burst them open to remove u from there if need be. I love you and love the fact that we are building our life brick by brick and having a foundation that is strong and long lasting.

Daily I wake to find I love you more now then before and knowing that when I wake in the am I will love you more and want you more then I ever wanted you.

ruffryder
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
B f P .....

JAGG
10-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Being able to bust up laughing together during an intimate moment.

BrutalDaddy
10-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Being able to share moments neither of us would be willing to share with others, whether it's too embarrassing or not "socially accepted".

:fart: ,
Brute.

jac
10-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I remember these little "Love is... " cartoons back when I was like six years old :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/834/loveis01.jpg

Of course there are the new up-to-date versions too LOL

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/6622/loveis03.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/6272/loveis02.jpg

lusciouskiwi
10-03-2012, 05:25 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MhPuc5Nh6wI/T2LMoGMzIGI/AAAAAAAAACg/n6xLF3-tODU/s400/fv_kpbkgfuknq.jpg

http://www.forangelsonly.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cute-love-forangelsonlyorg-21.jpg

jac
10-06-2012, 05:10 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img208/1963/loveis05.gif

cinnamongrrl
10-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Love is.....coming home to my sleeping honey....crawling into bed and being happily snuggled and instantly warmed.....

Love is.....sleepy morning pillow talk before he had to leave for work....

Love is.... him reminding me to be careful going to work because it's supposed to storm...... <3

:moonstars:

justkim
10-06-2012, 06:38 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/76203_471183736237497_225498322_n.jpg

jac
10-10-2012, 03:55 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img829/1803/loveis06.png

FeminineAllure
10-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Love is...The absence of fear

FeminineAllure
10-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Love is...Never wasted on anyone...
If the experience teaches you a valuable lesson/s.

cinnamongrrl
10-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Love is....how very safe I feel in his arms......

jac
10-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Love is...

Putting all else aside and wishing my girl a Happy 9-month Anniversary!! Nine months...It's not a boy. It's not a girl. it's the new birth to our relationship!! Time to watch it grow and bloom through a lifetime of adventures, journies, sorrows and laughter.

I love you Spritz!! Happy Ammiversary babygirl!! :king::princess:
http://imageshack.us/a/img72/9253/anniversaryc.jpg

cinnamongrrl
10-20-2012, 05:41 PM
love is.....how he gets ready for work by the light of his phone....so he doesnt wake me....

BrutalDaddy
10-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Love is knowing I can tease her and she can tease me back without either getting feelings hurt (most of the time).

Love is being stupid and getting worried cause I hadn't heard from her, so called the parents to go check on her and she didn't even kill me. Yet.

Love is us both not wanting to be apart but understanding she needs Keno money so apart so I can work it is.

Love is knowing and feeling just how right she is to me.

Love is feeling such peace at all the above and so much more.

Yea It's A Mushy Moment,
Brute.

femmsational
10-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Love is knowing I can tease her and she can tease me back without either getting feelings hurt (most of the time).

Love is being stupid and getting worried cause I hadn't heard from her, so called the parents to go check on her and she didn't even kill me. Yet.

Love is us both not wanting to be apart but understanding she needs Keno money so apart so I can work it is.

Love is knowing and feeling just how right she is to me.

Love is feeling such peace at all the above and so much more.

Yea It's A Mushy Moment,
Brute.

LOL!!! People might think you're serious!!!

Dork!

j

BrutalDaddy
10-20-2012, 05:55 PM
LOL!!! People might think you're serious!!!

Dork!

j

I'm not? Oh shit, I'm sorry dear. That was a joke folks!:blink:

Lol,
Brute.

FeminineAllure
10-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
Ann Landers

Teddybear
10-21-2012, 05:36 PM
love is.....how he gets ready for work by the light of his phone....so he doesnt wake me....

but for some reason i still wake u

jac
10-21-2012, 05:47 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img211/422/love5q.jpg

NorCalStud
10-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Love is letting go of what you want. Sometimes not energetic. Is inert and exists and not desirious of a goal or a beginning or an ending.

Do without doing

girl_dee
10-21-2012, 06:34 PM
love is when you are reeled in.

Bard
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
love is family time >> a wonderful day not doing anything special but just hanging out with Desd's mom and dad and our Goose making cookies and then making dinner :wine:

princessbelle
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Sending a text to Bully via my new phone using voice to type the words, and instead of the test reading...

"I don't want to finish charting waaaaaaaaaaaa"

It read...

"I don't want to finish charting Wayne."

And she didn't think for a second i had sent that to the wrong person. :sunglass:

cinnamongrrl
10-21-2012, 07:02 PM
love is.....the way he always knows just what to say to sooth me.....i'm a lucky girl and i know this.....

spritzerJ
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Love is a plan, too many plans, more plans than time. Knowing it is worth the wait and not waiting to say I love you.

Love is that magical feeling when you know your home and say it out loud before some would say wise. Love is just being willing to be open and risk it.

JAGG
10-21-2012, 07:39 PM
My 9yr old neice calling me on her camping trip with her parents to say, " I know it is nice here and I am having lots of fun but I just miss you really bad. " Aawwww. So sweet I love her.

girl_dee
10-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Sending a text to Bully via my new phone using voice to type the words, and instead of the test reading...

"I don't want to finish charting waaaaaaaaaaaa"

It read...

"I don't want to finish charting Wayne."

And she didn't think for a second i had sent that to the wrong person. :sunglass:

this so reminds me of my text to Syr that kept coming out as *i love nurses*
Like no matter what i typed.. *I love nurses*

Syr just replied *that's nice* :|

jac
11-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Love is...

Owning up to what you bring to the table and making sure it gets sorted out, organized, and stored properly. Making sure that the other person doesn't have to slow down and wait for you but that you speed up and catch up to where they are.

Love is work. and sometimes that turtle energy just has to get those skates on and dig in...
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8472/skatingturtle.gif

cinnamongrrl
11-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Love is.....

The way he took care of me last night when I was sick with a migraine....

He had worked over 12 hours and been gone over 14....and still...

He brought me a cold cloth for my neck....got me up to bed...let the dogs out..put dinner up..rubbed my back....and my front a little...he thought I didn't notice....lol....he snuggled me til I slept and woke up every time I moved.....

And after THAT.. he STILL woke up at 4 this morning to go to work....and thought to ask me if I was feeling better..... <3 <3 <3

I love this man of mine...... :moonstars:

spritzerJ
11-09-2012, 05:43 PM
this so reminds me of my text to Syr that kept coming out as *i love nurses*
Like no matter what i typed.. *I love nurses*

Syr just replied *that's nice* :|

We have one of those texts too.

"I mud you" which is some typo where mud/love mix.

Now it is a fun point of laughter.

kittygrrl
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
forever..but not for some

pinkgeek
11-09-2012, 05:54 PM
-notes in my lunch

-clean towels because I never remember one when I get in the shower.

-is being the luckiest spoiled girl in history of ever

-most especially it's the 1001 things my beloved has done for me and without me since I had knee surgery.

StrongButch
11-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Love is patient,love is kind. It is not jealousy,it is not pompous,it is not inflated,it is not rude,it does not seek its own interests,it is not quick tempered,it does not broad over injury,it does not rejoice over wrongdoing,but rejoices with truth.It bears all things,believes all things,hopes all things,endures all things.Love never fails!

Graham
11-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Love is patient,love is kind. It is not jealousy,it is not pompous,it is not inflated,it is not rude,it does not seek its own interests,it is not quick tempered,it does not broad over injury,it does not rejoice over wrongdoing,but rejoices with truth.It bears all things,believes all things,hopes all things,endures all things.Love never fails!

its not easy...but I have a lot to learn about all those I guess....Thats why we are all a work in progress.

spritzerJ
11-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Love is a hug and a smile when you are weary and just need to be seen. It need not be extravagant just elegantly delivered.

The_Lady_Snow
11-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Love is honest, even if it hurts.

Soon
11-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Love is worth it--don't regret falling in it.

little_ms_sunshyne
11-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Love is conversations with friends that always feel like u are picking up right where you left off.

bigbutchmistie
11-10-2012, 06:32 PM
standing by their side through thick and thin

a text letting them know you are there and arent going anywhere

putting their happiness before your own

Prudence
12-27-2012, 09:05 AM
---anytime I see the phrase "Love is", this always comes to mind---I remember T-shirts with this phrase on it. B5-8_1uCzR8

Ginger
12-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Love is a chemical experience.

Love is being alive.

Scuba
12-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Love is....

...that smile of hers :)

cinnamongrrl
12-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Love is....

The way he pulls me against him in the morning....and kisses the back of my shoulders...and my neck...and tells me he loves me...before he leaves for work... <3

Sun
12-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Love is being the best parent that I can be even though the relationship did not work out. It is being consistent and strong for the kids, even when I felt like breaking. Love is seeing the best of her in the girls and knowing that she gave me an amazing gift by sharing these phenomenal young women with me. (f)(f)

TheMerryFairy
12-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Love is when you're loved and accepted for who you are - inside and out. It's patient, kind & everlasting. It can be hidden away or found at first sight. It's comfortable, warm & daring. It's sharing, building connections, making dreams come true. It's affection and sometimes bickering. Love can make you the strongest you've ever been and bring you to your knees. It's family, friends, partners, community. It's life. It's my essence.

Soft*Silver
12-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Love is love, even when it cant be expressed, even when obstacles rage before and behind it, even when it is dimmed or changed to accomodate..it remains love...

Soft*Silver
12-31-2012, 11:09 PM
love is also getting a call at midnite on NYE so we can celebrate together even tho he is at work...

clay
01-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Love is: one heart talking to the other's heart....touching....understanding....steadfast...
Love is: all encompassing....powerful....able to make me weak and strong..all at same time...
Love is: vital for life and living...even with all its cahos and goodness and challenges, I wouldn't want to be without love...ever...I would be an empty shell....love is the component of life...as necessary as oxygen, food, water...and love is eternal....internal...external....forever...

Bevidotcom
01-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Love is, being lured into his office for our last, sweet, kiss of the year...and knowing it's the first taste, of the year ahead.

torchiegirl
01-02-2013, 01:40 AM
his sweet laugh... and those little feathers, they are just so stinkin' cute! puts me over the top every time.

<3.

torchiegirl
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Love is worth it--don't regret falling in it.

it absolutely is. what would a life be without having known it?

cinnamongrrl
01-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Love is.....

How his arms hold me tight as we sleep...

The way he kisses the top of my head....and the tip of my nose...

How he touches my face...and looks into my eyes...and tells me he loves me...

<3

Bard
01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
love is two days off together just hanging out my wife sleeping on the floor cause i passed out cold on the couch and she did not want to wake me

Teddybear
01-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Love is.....

how she and I fit together like a hand and glove.

That twinkle in her eye when I have caught her staring at me.

How she.can make me laugh at the silliest of things and times.

How I know she wants to ne part of a future that is achievable.

How she accepts me with all my faults.

How she sleeps on my shoulder every nite.

How she.invades my thoughts while I'm at work, driving home or any other time.

How she stood by me when I was knocking on deaths door. Actually she WAS the reason I wanted to live.

She is more then I thought I would ever have or deserve

FeminineAllure
03-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.”
― Bob Marley

~ocean
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
true love is whenu know what u cant change and accept every part of their core and keep on loving them inspite of their inperfections ~ as long as they treat u right ~ other than that runnnnnnnnnn grl runnnnnnnnn

TheMerryFairy
03-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Love is knowing when to hold someone close and when to let them run free, knowing the real test is if they cirle back to soar with you as you float along.

little_ms_sunshyne
03-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Love is unconditional, non-judgemental, kind, simple, trusting, gentle...

Love is laughter and friendship...

Love is being a partner, friend, lover, cheerleader...

MarquisdeShey
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
When the whole world is telling you No, love is telling you Yes.

TimilDeeps
03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
0Uc3ZrmhDN4

Bèsame*
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Love is...

The song you sing in your heart :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Diablo
03-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Love is............freedom

Emmie
03-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Love is shopping with someone else's credit cards.

TheMerryFairy
03-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Love is a sweet little kitten you take in from the cold for the night. She has a tag, I'm going to try to contact the owners tonight and again in the morning.

StrongButch
03-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Love is unselfish,understanding and kind.For it sees with its heart.And not with its mind.

MarquisdeShey
03-07-2013, 10:25 PM
...When you wake up...and everything seems to be moving a thousand miles a minute... then you find your shirt pressed and your coffee ready.

Miss Scarlett
03-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Doing little things just because...that bring a smile...or that just make life a little bit easier...

Lazy Daze
03-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Love is...all the support and understanding He gives me when I need it most, He is my rock

Love is...Holding me in His arms until I fall asleep before finishing His work on the computer

Love is...being my best friend

Metro
03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
"Love from one being to another can only be that two solitudes come nearer, recognize and protect and comfort each other."
--Han Suyin

jac
03-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Love is... :heartbeat:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8676/loveis201008201.gif

Little Fish
03-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Love is.....leaving her to sleep in bed while getting up to take a shower--then smelling bacon when I step out of the bathroom :-)

Love is....taking a bus 2 hours away from me, meeting her there--so we can drive the last two hours home together.

Bèsame*
03-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Love is.....taking the initiative.

Trev
03-09-2013, 10:53 AM
...A big ole mystery. You don't find it; it finds you.

...A cool drink on a hot summer day

Blue_Daddy-O
03-09-2013, 11:09 AM
What you make of it.

Scuba
03-10-2013, 01:04 AM
...her smile :)

meridiantoo
03-10-2013, 01:41 AM
A warm blanket and crackling fireplace on a cold winter night.

justanolecowboy
03-11-2013, 04:23 PM
the very whole - the very definition of love in its most pure form is complete with one word (for me, anyway).

it is: (her).

MarquisdeShey
03-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Knowing you are home.

imadiva
03-11-2013, 09:26 PM
The Ultimate Illusion!

I might be a little jaded right now but it's how I feel about it ! With a twist of bitter xo

Jean_TX
03-12-2013, 04:03 AM
Okay, forgive me for being unromantic, but "love" is an emotional interpretation of the physiological effect of hormones. Three stages of love have been proposed – lust, attraction and attachment. Each stage is possibly driven by different hormones and chemicals.

(Condensed from http://www.youramazingbrain.org/lovesex/sciencelove.htm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Stage 1: Lust

This first stage of love is driven by the sex hormones testosterone and estrogen, in both men and women.

Stage 2: Attraction

In this phase, you are love-struck and can think of little else. Scientists think that three main neurotransmitters are involved in this stage:

Adrenaline
The initial stages of falling for someone activates your stress response, increasing your blood levels of adrenalin and cortisol. This has the effect that when you encounter your new love, you start to sweat, your heart races and your mouth goes dry.

Dopamine
The brains of newly love struck couples were examined. It was discovered they have high levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine. This chemical stimulates ‘desire and reward’ by triggering an intense rush of pleasure. It has the same effect on the brain as taking cocaine!

Couples often show the signs of surging dopamine: increased energy, less need for sleep or food, focused attention and exquisite delight in smallest details of the relationship .

Serotonin
This is one of love's most important chemicals and may explain why when you’re falling in love, your new lover keeps popping into your thoughts.

An experiment showed that early love (the attraction phase) actually changes the way you think. A psychiatrist tested twenty couples who'd been madly in love for less than six months to see if the brain mechanisms that cause you to constantly think about your lover were related to the brain mechanisms of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Blood samples from the lovers showed that serotonin levels of new lovers were equivalent to the low serotonin levels of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder patients.

Love needs to be blind! Newly smitten lovers often idealize their partner, magnifying their virtues and explaining away their flaws. New couples also exalt the relationship itself. It's very common to think they have a relationship that's closer and more special than anyone else's. Psychologists think we need this rose-tinted view. It makes us want to stay together to enter the next stage of love.

Stage 3: Attachment

Attachment is the bond that keeps couples together long enough for them to have and raise children. Scientists think there might be two major hormones involved in attachment:

Oxytocin
Oxytocin is a powerful hormone released by men and women during orgasm. It probably deepens the feelings of attachment and makes couples feel much closer to one another after they have had sex. The theory goes that the more sex a couple has, the deeper their bond becomes.

Oxytocin also seems to help cement the strong bond between mother and baby and is released during childbirth. It is also responsible for a mother’s breast automatically releasing milk at the mere sight or sound of her young baby.

It has been shown that if you block the natural release of oxytocin in sheep and rats, they reject their own young. Conversely, injecting oxytocin into female rats who’ve never had sex, caused them to fawn over another female’s young as if they were their own.

Vasopressin
Its potential role in long-term relationships was discovered when scientists looked at the prairie vole. Prairie voles indulge in far more sex than is strictly necessary for the purposes of reproduction. They also – like humans - form fairly stable pair-bonds. When male prairie voles were given a drug that suppressed the effect of vasopressin, the bond with their partner deteriorated immediately (they lost their devotion and failed to protect their partner from new suitors).

jac
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Love is... :heartbeat:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1572/loveisbw3.jpg

Bard
03-12-2013, 05:14 PM
love is coming home to my wife sleeping in our bed kitty girl mewing at me as I trudge up the stairs love is being in love with my best friend rushing home to be with her our little family and this amazing life ..

Trev
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
...when you look into someone's eyes...and see everything you need

FeminineAllure
03-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Okay, forgive me for being unromantic, but "love" is an emotional interpretation of the physiological effect of hormones. Three stages of love have been proposed – lust, attraction and attachment. Each stage is possibly driven by different hormones and chemicals.

(Condensed from http://www.youramazingbrain.org/lovesex/sciencelove.htm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Stage 1: Lust

This first stage of love is driven by the sex hormones testosterone and estrogen, in both men and women.

Stage 2: Attraction

In this phase, you are love-struck and can think of little else. Scientists think that three main neurotransmitters are involved in this stage:

Adrenaline
The initial stages of falling for someone activates your stress response, increasing your blood levels of adrenalin and cortisol. This has the effect that when you encounter your new love, you start to sweat, your heart races and your mouth goes dry.

Dopamine
The brains of newly love struck couples were examined. It was discovered they have high levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine. This chemical stimulates ‘desire and reward’ by triggering an intense rush of pleasure. It has the same effect on the brain as taking cocaine!

Couples often show the signs of surging dopamine: increased energy, less need for sleep or food, focused attention and exquisite delight in smallest details of the relationship .

Serotonin
This is one of love's most important chemicals and may explain why when you’re falling in love, your new lover keeps popping into your thoughts.

An experiment showed that early love (the attraction phase) actually changes the way you think. A psychiatrist tested twenty couples who'd been madly in love for less than six months to see if the brain mechanisms that cause you to constantly think about your lover were related to the brain mechanisms of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Blood samples from the lovers showed that serotonin levels of new lovers were equivalent to the low serotonin levels of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder patients.

Love needs to be blind! Newly smitten lovers often idealize their partner, magnifying their virtues and explaining away their flaws. New couples also exalt the relationship itself. It's very common to think they have a relationship that's closer and more special than anyone else's. Psychologists think we need this rose-tinted view. It makes us want to stay together to enter the next stage of love.

Stage 3: Attachment

Attachment is the bond that keeps couples together long enough for them to have and raise children. Scientists think there might be two major hormones involved in attachment:

Oxytocin
Oxytocin is a powerful hormone released by men and women during orgasm. It probably deepens the feelings of attachment and makes couples feel much closer to one another after they have had sex. The theory goes that the more sex a couple has, the deeper their bond becomes.

Oxytocin also seems to help cement the strong bond between mother and baby and is released during childbirth. It is also responsible for a mother’s breast automatically releasing milk at the mere sight or sound of her young baby.

It has been shown that if you block the natural release of oxytocin in sheep and rats, they reject their own young. Conversely, injecting oxytocin into female rats who’ve never had sex, caused them to fawn over another female’s young as if they were their own.

Vasopressin
Its potential role in long-term relationships was discovered when scientists looked at the prairie vole. Prairie voles indulge in far more sex than is strictly necessary for the purposes of reproduction. They also – like humans - form fairly stable pair-bonds. When male prairie voles were given a drug that suppressed the effect of vasopressin, the bond with their partner deteriorated immediately (they lost their devotion and failed to protect their partner from new suitors).:|

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong

Trev
03-15-2013, 07:00 PM
...thanking her for coming into your life

TheMerryFairy
03-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Letting someone keep their socks on in bed *chuckles*

Blade
03-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Love is.....not just listening but understanding as well

dixie
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Love is...being silly and being able to laugh with one another.

dixie
03-15-2013, 08:07 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bZVSk5_EiJk/T3Ah3KpfqVI/AAAAAAAAAMc/12WloOogLBU/s1600/love-is.jpg

Ascot
03-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Pretty cool stuff.

Bard
03-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Love standing by each other when life throws you curves .. being there for each other no matter what .. the safest place I know of is in her arms:rrose:

little_ms_sunshyne
03-15-2013, 08:54 PM
The little things that only u know about each other <3

~ocean
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
~ love is just left to be understood ~ eternal ~ silent ~ non explainable ~ seductive ~ knowing ~