PDA

View Full Version : Can this really be true?

mariamma
06-27-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm not much for celebrity and these twin girls could never serenade me. But to make such radical change in personality. Their parents must no longer have sway in their lives and Neo Nazis tend to love to control women.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/27/former-neo-nazi-band-marijuana-changed-us-to-peace-loving-hippies/

thedivahrrrself
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm not much for celebrity and these twin girls could never serenade me. But to make such radical change in personality. Their parents must no longer have sway in their lives and Neo Nazis tend to love to control women.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/27/former-neo-nazi-band-marijuana-changed-us-to-peace-loving-hippies/

They were so young (11) when this band started, it seems likely they would have changed their minds anyway. Ask me what my political beliefs were at age 11. They were over-simple, absolute, and somewhat ignorant (though still very liberal). These girls were obviously under someone else's thumb. Maybe the band, in an odd way, helped them experience more of the world and realize they had not been raised right.

grenade
06-27-2012, 05:05 PM
They were so young (11) when this band started, it seems likely they would have changed their minds anyway. Ask me what my political beliefs were at age 11. They were over-simple, absolute, and somewhat ignorant (though still very liberal). These girls were obviously under someone else's thumb. Maybe the band, in an odd way, helped them experience more of the world and realize they had not been raised right.

agreed! I was raised in a very strict, finger pointing religion. Everything was a sin. I have crossed a large sum of said sins off on my bucket list. I'm nothing like the 11 year old I was. :)

I'd like to see a bumper sticker saying, "All things are possible with Marijuana"

yotlyolqualli
06-27-2012, 05:08 PM
“I think certain things happened. I think a lot of the stories got misconstrued,” she said. “I mean, yeah, Hitler wasn’t the best, but Stalin wasn’t, Churchill wasn’t.”

“I just think everyone needs to frickin’ get over it!” Lamb added.

That really really bugged me. :blink:

"Hitler wasn't the best??" "...everyone needs to frickin' get over it??"

They need to be sat down and made to watch the raw footage of thousands of bodies being moved with bull dozers into mass graves.

What kills me is that there are more people here in the USA who insist it did not happen, than there are in Germany. I've had the awesome pleasure of meeting and getting to know, quite well, quite a few German young people. All who said that in school, they are taught, graphically, what happened during the holocaust. Why? So history doesn't repeat itself.

I know this was about medical marijuana and how it changed these young women. But with the above attitude, I wonder how much they have really changed.

Sorry if I derailed this. :seeingstars:

mariamma
06-27-2012, 06:26 PM
That really really bugged me. :blink:

"Hitler wasn't the best??" "...everyone needs to frickin' get over it??"

They need to be sat down and made to watch the raw footage of thousands of bodies being moved with bull dozers into mass graves.

What kills me is that there are more people here in the USA who insist it did not happen, than there are in Germany. I've had the awesome pleasure of meeting and getting to know, quite well, quite a few German young people. All who said that in school, they are taught, graphically, what happened during the holocaust. Why? So history doesn't repeat itself.

I know this was about medical marijuana and how it changed these young women. But with the above attitude, I wonder how much they have really changed.

Sorry if I derailed this. :seeingstars:
And this is my point in bringing it up. They went from Neo Nazi cutie-pies to I love how diverse our wold is because they got stoned. The fact that they got stoned surprises me. The fact that they did a 180' turn and credit pot to it really surprises me. The mental fortitude it takes to ignore all evidence of the death camps is monumental. Should we force all Holocaust deniers to smoke? It might solve some problems.
I have a sister married to Neo Nazi with a portrait of Hitler over his left kidney. He yells constantly unless he's stoned. I met him at the funeral of my brother. He was able to touch my son (who is the cutest black kid you ever did see) when stoned. And my 1 year old son liked him. He liked most men but avoided some. He didn't avoid Patrick (the Neo Nazi) when Patrick was high.