PDA

View Full Version : Morning Routine

Runner
06-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Not sure I'm putting this in the right place or if there's been a similar thread but if so feel free to point me in the right direction, I'm still reading lots and finding my way around :)

I'm trying to start training for a run at the end of the summer at the moment. I'm definitely at my most productive in the morning so should try to train then but can't quite get myself to actually get up before I have to and although I set the alarm early I'm hitting snooze, then snooze again and again so you see where this is going........Plus I have no appetite first thing which is not good.

My question(s) is -

What is your morning routine - do you give yourself lots of time and enjoy a leisurely breakfast/just a bit of you time or whatever before you have to leave the house or are you a get up at the last minute, grab a quick shower and out the door type of person like me?

Do you get up when the alarm goes off or are you a snoozer?

And finally, have you been able to change your routine if you wanted to and how did you do it?

Thanks all :D

MsTinkerbelly
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I'll bite.

Up at 5:15 by alarm clock, but I had to train myself at age 14 to get up when it went off and not press snooze for an hour, by putting it across the room so I had to get up.
shower and stuff
make and pack breakfast and lunch
feed dog and cat
walk dog
out of the house by 6:30
work by 7am
eat breakfast at 9am break (also don't like food first thing)

On the weekend all bets are off, and I'll sleep until noon if no one bothers me.

tazz
06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Not sure I'm putting this in the right place or if there's been a similar thread but if so feel free to point me in the right direction, I'm still reading lots and finding my way around :)

I'm trying to start training for a run at the end of the summer at the moment. I'm definitely at my most productive in the morning so should try to train then but can't quite get myself to actually get up before I have to and although I set the alarm early I'm hitting snooze, then snooze again and again so you see where this is going........Plus I have no appetite first thing which is not good.

My question(s) is -

What is your morning routine - do you give yourself lots of time and enjoy a leisurely breakfast/just a bit of you time or whatever before you have to leave the house or are you a get up at the last minute, grab a quick shower and out the door type of person like me?

Do you get up when the alarm goes off or are you a snoozer?

And finally, have you been able to change your routine if you wanted to and how did you do it?

Thanks all :D

***up at 3:30am right away
walk and feed dog
prepare my coffee and pack my breakfast (made the night before) and place in my messenger bag
watch face and put on a bit of makeup and dress (i take my showers after my workouts at the gym)
get my place arranged for my dog, while i place him in his kennel until i get home from work
at work by 4:20am

tazz
06-29-2012, 02:13 PM
i also wanted to add that on weekends i'm up early, but not as early as 3:30am :D

Rockinonahigh
06-29-2012, 02:28 PM
When im required to be up and atem at whatever hour,I usely am with the first ting of the clock.But other wise I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination,I often dont fall asleep really well till about 3 a.m. so its prolly about 10:00am before I get up..unless I have some unknown reason to be up.

EnderD_503
08-03-2012, 10:51 PM
As a teenager I sucked at getting up in the morning. I'm still not a huge morning person, but it's not as hard to get up. Mostly my body wakes up almost automatically around 8am, and if I have nowhere to be it takes a bit of work to try to get back to sleep if I want to try to sleep in.

If I'm going to work I'll often have to get up around 4:45 am to 5:30 am depending on the day/shift. Usually I give myself about an hour to get ready, which is enough to shower, get dressed, maybe eat breakfast and get out the door. I'm not really a leisurely person on work days, cause I like to sleep as much as possible, so an hour does it, lol. I don't hit the snooze button ever, though. Although I have caught myself on the rare occasion almost falling back asleep...much to my horror and sends me into overdrive trying to get ready in time.

But no matter what time I have to get up, it usually goes wake up -> possibly check email etc if I have time -> shower -> get dressed -> eat.

ruffryder
08-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I was working mornings so I would wake 40 mins before I had to leave, shower and grab breakfast to go usually yogurt or a protein bar and have coffee at work. I usually hit the snooze one time! When I do work nights. I leisure and I love it! I lay in bed, no alarm and just read news and fb on my phone. Get up slowly, make a huge breakfast and coffee then get ready for work..

I usually am not a snoozer unless like I said I work nights then there is no alarm and I get up whenever I wake up!

I do change my routine. With my job I have to be flexible and be able to work different shifts. I guess it's all about sleep and naps and eating right.

Good question!

Sweet Bliss
11-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Well let's see. Always up before dawn... unless I'm sick. Hit the loo.

let dog(s) out.... feed cats.... let dog(s) in.... feed dog(s).
Start coffee. Sit on front porch. Get fresh cuppa joy. Enjoy it on said porch.

Pretty much always been morning person. I love mornings. Best part of the day.

diamondrose
11-20-2014, 09:09 AM
My morning routine
wake at 430a.m. If I try to snooze, my fur babies make sure to wake me.
I let them out, put food in their cages while they are outside, then run to the rest room myself.
Then, I let them in a put them in their cages for breakfast. Meanwhile I feed the cat and clean her box. then freshen myself up, do my hair, get dressed.
I let my dogs out a second time and while out fill each water bowl with fresh water and put the bowls in their cages. I then let the fur babies back in and put them back in their cages. I get my gym clothes, breakfast, and lunch together. I leave the house by 530 a.m to be at work at 6a.m. I eat breakfast at work. I am not hungry when I first wake up. I am not a morning person.

SleepyButch
11-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Let's see, during the work week I get up anywhere between 5am and 7am depending on how tired I am. I fire up my work computer, get dressed if necessary. Get the lazy dogs up and let them out. Hit the on button for my coffee maker, get a glass of water, let dogs in and feed them, go back to my desk and log into the computer, pull up all of my work stuff and start working.

On the weekends, I have no set routine. I like to try to sleep in until 8am or later if I can. After that, who knows...

I love mornings as well. So much beauty when nature is waking up.

firegal
11-20-2014, 11:19 AM
My morning routine is like my life full of adjustments..

Work days.... Up 350 am ish.... Out the door by 420 am. I do all my prep the nite before. Gotta beat rush hour to seattle.

Days off up 6 to 7 am. No matter how hard I trying can't really sleep in... Unless I have company lol

Sunday mornings my fave up 7 get Sunday paper off porch,fix a warm drink and turn on news and read paper.

I,m not a big breakfast person unless I,m at work.

Most of the time breakfast is cream of wheat or steel rolled oats! Simple

MsTinkerbelly
11-20-2014, 12:23 PM
I'll bite.

Up at 5:15 by alarm clock, but I had to train myself at age 14 to get up when it went off and not press snooze for an hour, by putting it across the room so I had to get up.
shower and stuff
make and pack breakfast and lunch
feed dog and cat
walk dog
out of the house by 6:30
work by 7am
eat breakfast at 9am break (also don't like food first thing)

On the weekend all bets are off, and I'll sleep until noon if no one bothers me.

Boy has my morning changed since becomming disabled!

Out of bed around 7:00
Feed dog and cat
Make coffee
Fix breakfast for everyone

I can honestly say, that while i enjoy less stress, i wish i was still going to work every day. Oh well, it is what it is.....

clay
11-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Usually up around 830am.
Take Heidi out...give her her med. then take mine! We both have to wait an hour to eat...:).
I don't like to eat when I first get up.
Read and reply to my honey's text...she is up and gone by 630 or 700am.
I pack her lunch the evening before, she just makes her coffee and fills a thermos to go with.
I take Heidi out every couple of hours to do her constitutions...:):sunglass:
The day is pretty much mine to do with as I please..and I do!!!
I make dinner Mon thru Thursday, and Friday night is date night out...we alternate who plans them!
So now ya know what a day in the clay world is like...:)

Gemme
11-20-2014, 07:46 PM
I usually wake up between 5-5:20am nearly every morning. It takes me half an hour or so to get up, go to the bathroom, bind my hair, eat my banana, dress for the gym, get my stuff together and get out the door. Longer on higher pain days. I have sciatica and I go to the gym daily to lessen the discomfort and pain throughout the rest of the day. I get no days off and some days it really sucks.

I'm usually done at the gym by 7, no matter when I got there. Home to fix breakfast and shower while the oatmeal cools. Eat and play online until about 8 and then I finish getting ready and I'm at work by 8:30-8:45.

On my days off, I start a little later....around 6:30 or so getting up....and I stay a lot longer at the gym....up to a couple of hours sometimes. I also don't eat oatmeal. lol

Gráinne
11-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Weekdays
Up at 5:30-6:00
Shower, wash hair, shave, etc.
Get dressed
Makeup, hair
Give the cats their morning can
Get my breakfast together and my "milk thing"-a Carnation instant breakfast
Have my "me time", just time to do nothing
Pack lunch
Out the door by 7:45

Weekend
Usually up by 8:00
Fix something for breakfast
Laze around until I have to go out, then shower, etc.

grenade
11-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Wake up at 6:30. Hit snooze three times. Get into the shower at 6:55. Wash my face, then body...without rinsing, brush my teeth, then I go back to rinse. I was just talking about this routine this morning. After my shower, I sit on the bed and do my makeup. By 7:30 I'm getting dressed, throwing on accessories and if I have time I put my hair up. If I don't have time I just run a brush through it and go. Luckily, my work is less than 5 minutes away. I clock in anywhere from 7:57 to 8:16. the

snowbrdr303
11-21-2014, 05:44 AM
-Up at about 4 or 415am.
-Ponder my existence for a minute before the dog starts barking at me to go out.
-Walk dog and self.
-Feed dog.
-Coffee for self.
-Watch/listen to some news, pay bills, etc.
-Shower about 450am.
-Grab coffee, yogurt, some fruit for the day.
-Hit the road around 515am for work at 530am.

If I ride my bike to work it's all upended and leave the house at 445am shower at work and frantically run into the office.

I don't really like mornings...but I do like my long afternoons and evenings free. It's pretty nice leaving work at 2ish lol!

Gemme
11-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Wake up at 6:30. Hit snooze three times. Get into the shower at 6:55. Wash my face, then body...without rinsing, brush my teeth, then I go back to rinse. I was just talking about this routine this morning. After my shower, I sit on the bed and do my makeup. By 7:30 I'm getting dressed, throwing on accessories and if I have time I put my hair up. If I don't have time I just run a brush through it and go. Luckily, my work is less than 5 minutes away. I clock in anywhere from 7:57 to 8:16. the

the what?

I feel like I just turned to the last page of a novel and it ends in the middle of the sentence.

:blink:

Blade
11-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Alarm goes off at 3:15am sometime I snooze sometime I don't.
Jump in my clothes and boots
Pack my lunch
Find my keys
Sometime let a dog or 2 out but not normally

Leave at 4am
Get to work about 4:40 eat breakfast quickly
Clock in at 5am

Medusa
01-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Mornings are hard for me!

It's hard for me to wake up! I have to bang the alarm to snooze usually 2 - 3 times before I get up and drag myself to the coffee pot. Once I get coffee, I'm usually much more perky.
Then it's shower and getting ready. And I usually sit on the bed and check email while my hair is drying :)
When I get dressed I go and make my lunch for the day, kiss the lamb goodbye , and hit the road. And I always call one of my girlfriends on the way to work because it's like the only time of the day that I have now that I can actually talk on the phone for more than 20 minutes!

imperfect_cupcake
01-15-2015, 12:19 PM
I love mornings but not as a physical up and out time. I prefer early afternoon for that. Mornings are my brain time.

Weekday mornings I get up at 5:30-6:00 and write, read, drink tea, answer emails, text and piddle about in bed.

At 7:15 I panic, shove a protein shake in my gob, have a 3 minute shower, throw clothes on grab bag and run out door with espresso in travel mug, speed walk to train.

then get on train and have a leisurely 20 min to drink it. Arrive at school station and jet to class.

Weekend - sleep in till about 8 or 9 am, make tea and bring back to bed, read news, posts, emails, write, have IM chats with far away friends, sometimes a Skype call.

Get out of bed completely at around 11/11:30 and make a lovely breckfast. Watch a documentary over breckfast, then study my arse off till I take a break to go for a walk/walk-jog.

My "mornings" on the weekend last until about 1/1:30 pm.

I like my mornings to be my brain time to process thoughts. It's when my best thinking is done. So if it's coming up to mid terms or finals, I get up at 4:30 or 5 am to study, rather than stay up too late studying. My brain shuts off completely at around 9:30/10pm and after that point I can either have light chat or watch a movie.

More of a lark than an owl.

Tuff Stuff
10-27-2015, 01:19 AM
:smokejoint:

Wed-Fri my alarm clock wakes me up at 2:00am.I give myself an hour to wash,brush,flush,and get dress(yeah,in that order).I'm on the road by 3:00-3:30am.I will usually wait until 7-8am to have any breakfest,but i'll grab some fruit and fill up my two coffee thermoses before I head out the door that morning.I don't return home until the aftenoon that same day.On some weekends,i'm on the road usually by 3-4am that saturday morning and I won't return home until sunday evening around 6:00pm.The weekends could mean sleeping at a hotel/motel.Sometimes I could be sleeping in my van..depends,really..sometimes i'll say fuck it and head home saturday evening.

Sleeping is not a problem(although I complain alot about not getting enough sleep)..my job has to do with alot of waiting,that means naps in between.This new mon-fri 9-5pm job coming my way in december means changes I could get use to,or not...I'm set in my ways..in the end,i might just return to this job by next spring.The sacto job is a new adventure for me,I never get tired of new adventures in my life.
:cards::cards::cards:

Red-Dragon
10-27-2015, 05:06 AM
mostly I hit my snooze button for an hr than I wake up grab a shower grab my protine shaker bottles fill up one of them have one in the car than I go to work. I cant eat anything in the morning so I just make a protine shake or breakfast in a bottle lol. if its my off day u wont see me till 3 or 4pm still in my pjs and probably yawning still