PDA

View Full Version : Your go to cocktail

stephfromMIT
08-16-2012, 10:22 PM
When drink, what do you usually order? I usually drink Southern Sours, Amanda drinks martinis.

lettertodaddy
08-17-2012, 12:34 AM
It depends on the bar/restaurant/pub. If I'm at a place with competent bartender, I'll order a sazerac or a vodka gimlet. If I'm at a run of the mill restaurant, I'll generally just order beer or white wine. At my favourite pub. I'll either order some Belgian ale, or a shandy, if the weather's warm.

Parker
08-17-2012, 01:32 AM
I love me a chocolate martini, but not every bartender makes it with cream (and it is quite nasty w/o it), so if they dont, my old stand-by is Bailey's and milk on ice or just Bailey's on ice - which is what I would also get at a restaurant, on a plane, etc.

Kent
08-17-2012, 01:59 AM
Sobieski Vodka & light cranberry juice mixed with a little water. That's if I have Vodka in the house, which come to think of it, I haven't had any since last December..
I'll have a beer every once in a while. I'm a domestic kinda beer guy.. Just give me a Coors Light, Bud Light or a Dos Equis and I'm good to go.

fever
08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
I was introduced to Cosmopolitans at one of the first get togethers. Miss Bijoux thought I might like it, and oh yes, it was good. lol Then I was introduced to Lemon Drops and they were good. Most of all, I was introduced to Paralyzers or Colorado Bulldogs and not only were they good, they kicked my ass to the point that I was too frisky. Shiraz is the wine of choice.

Note: I barely drink at all, so these may be favs, but I have one a year if that much.

Ginger
08-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Mojito!

:drool::drool::drool:

~ocean
08-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I drink to coordinate my outfit ~~

Kätzchen
08-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Velvet Hammer

(2oz Vodka, 2oz White Creme de Cacao, 2oz Cream)

I am known to deviate from the Velvet Hammer ocassionally with either a
Strawberry Daiquiri, a Mai Tai or enjoy a smooth Kentucky whiskey (Woodford Reserve)

side note: I enjoy cigars too (but I don't smoke them; I just like the smell of them).

spritzerJ
08-17-2012, 02:50 PM
My go to drink is whiskey on the rocks, preferably Jameson. I used to be in a hurry to drink and drank whiskey and coke. Now if I am drinking I am enjoying myself.

InkSlinger
08-17-2012, 04:01 PM
A dirty dirty martini. Heavy on the dirty.

Babyangeleyez
08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Depends on my mood and where I'm at. My favorite is Baileys on the rocks. I order that if I'm not really in a drinking mood, just sip on it. Now, if I'm in the mood to throw down and drink....I like fruity drinks.

cinnamongrrl
08-17-2012, 04:07 PM
This all depends.....on where i am typically.

I love love LOVE a good appletini...emphasis on GOOD...not every bartender gets it right....

When Im in boston i have to get a black and tan...not a cocktail persay.

At the beach it has to be some kind of daquiri...or a pina colada.

When having mexican its margaritas of course :)

At home i typically only have sombreros or wine.....

pajama
08-17-2012, 04:10 PM
White Russian if I'm having dinner (or just needing to unwind at home). Whiskey and diet coke if I'm out. Black Label Jim Beam and Coke Zero if I'm home.

BoDy*ShOt
08-19-2012, 03:03 PM
depending on where i'm at: a Priest's Collar, Maker's on ice w a cherry, Sella on draught, very dirty Ketel Martini, Ketel n' cranberry

aishah
08-19-2012, 05:23 PM
my drink of choice is long island iced tea if i'm out. if i want less alcohol or i'm at home, i'll sometimes have hard cider or gin or vodka and juice. but usually it's a long island or nothing.