PDA

View Full Version : Ink'd grrrls and tattooed femmes

thedivahrrrself
08-24-2012, 08:17 PM
I saw that the butches have a thread to show off their tats, and I know many of you femmes have some gorgeous work as well.

So here is a place to showcase them and discuss ideas, experiences, and the #1 question people always seem to ask me: Why did you get that? or Why do you get tattoos?

I love the stories behind tattoos. Very rarely is the answer "I thought it was pretty" In my experience, a collection of tats is like a scrapbook - sometimes commemorating your triumphs, your fuckups, in memoriam of someone you love, or in celebration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....

What do you have? What do they mean? Why did you get them? And why do you choose ink?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lusciouskiwi
08-24-2012, 08:32 PM
This might freak a few blossoms out, so just letting you know ...

The short version - I was cooking breakfast for my gf (this is when I was living in San Diego) and my sarong caught on fire. I was in hospital for the best part of a month. Second degree burns and three lots of surgery. I love lotuses and had thought of getting a tattoo for some time. Last October I thought to hell with it, I'm going to do it. And,to be honest, I also needed something that I wasn't getting from my Malaysian gf. Maybe later I'll have el fuego or something like that tattooed underneath (will lose weight first, all the jiggly bits would make it a painful tattoo). I was really scared of how painful it would be but it wasn't too bad at all.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/383368_10150347073370920_304343867_n.jpg

always2late
08-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I love ink, and find it very addicting! I got my first three tats when I turned 18, and then two more within the past 10 years. Every time I get one, I have to talk myself out of getting more...and more..and more...Lol. I have a new one that I'm going to get, hopefully soon. When I do, I will post a pic. :)

Soft*Silver
08-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I will try to get photos of my two tats. I want another one ..a gorgeous tribal on my leg from ankle to calf. Thick and twisty, curved and lush in movement. With my wedding date inside it, but hidden.

lusciouskiwi
08-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I want to have remember on the inside of my left forearm but two delays - one, I usually wear short-sleeves here in Malaysia so I wouldn't be able to have it showing at school (public or international primary school), and two, I want it in Maori so I need to make sure I have the right form of the verb. I want it in a 19th century typeface.

Can I just say, for anyone considering getting a Maori or Pacific Island tattoo, please make sure it's a contemporary one and not traditional. That goes for any indigenous tattoo art.

thedivahrrrself
08-25-2012, 09:34 AM
My latest is a work in progress. It's a play off the old civil rights song We Shall Not Be Moved. I will add pics when it's actually finished, but right now I'm a little embarrassed because the letters don't even have shading.

My first I got after my dad died. I was moving out of a career in music and into a career in public/social service, and I needed something to remind me of the important things. My tats are "notes to self", so to speak. I actually considered having a verse from Proverbs written down my back, but smaller writing tends to look bad later in life, so I nixed that idea.

I avoid fatty places that would really hurt, but of course all tats come with a small degree of pain. Sometimes that pain is a nice manifestation of whatever emotional pain motivates the decision to get that tattoo in the first place.

LaDivina
08-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I will try to get photos of my two tats.

LOL...I don't have any tattoos (yet?) but this reminded me of something funny. Apparently when I was a toddler, I called them "tootats." (Awww!) :)

Scorp and I have been toying with the idea of getting them for a while now. We'll see if it ever happens! I love looking at pics of other people's, though.

easygoingfemme
10-06-2012, 09:05 PM
I'll have to get some pics but I can tell in the mean time!

On my left shoulder I have an image of what I imagine to be an overlap of Eve and Lilith- Lilith being the original first woman who was banished from Eden for asking to be equal to man. She sits crosslegged with willow branches for hair and a serpent in her center. I got her because I love the mythology of the story and the idea that there was so much more than I was taught about God and religion in my youth.

On my lower stomach I have a tree that grows into a woman. I got her partially because I got drunk with a friend and we pledged to get tattoos the next day and I hold my promises and partially because I really liked the drawing and partially because I thought it was a nice place for a tattoo.

I have the women's power sign on my lower right side of my back, maybe 6 inches above hip level. It was my first tattoo when I was 20? 19? Not sure.

Starting between my shoulder blades going all down my back along my right hip is a tribal design. I started it as about a 5 inch piece to go around the women's power piece on a rough night when I needed *something* to take me out of the place I was in. I continued growing it over the next couple of years here and there. I think it's done. I haven't added to it in 7 or 8 years.

gaea
10-06-2012, 09:28 PM
I have 4 in all

My initials are on my right ankle, they have never changed in all my life, that was my first tat at 22

My second tat a baby tiger for the year of the tiger, the year my eldest was born above my left breast

My third tat a tribal piece, rainbow heart and triangle

My fourth tat on my left ankle a rose for my mom

I want more ....they are addicting and satisfying i never seem to have too much pain when they are being done.

My last one got infected it wasn't pretty now it needs fixed

*Anya*
10-06-2012, 09:46 PM
I have no tats but the woman I am dating has quite a few.

Kind of a funny story (I think): though she is of average weight and is only age 47, tats do seem to change as people age.

She has a heart on her right calf. I was looking at it the other day and said, "Is that a spider on the heart"? She said, "No, what are you talking about"? I said, "Well, those look like legs". "No, they are butterfly wings"!

Maybe, at one time.

Now they look a little more like spider legs...

LaneyDoll
10-07-2012, 12:10 AM
When I find my tat pic, I will upload it for everyone to see. Now, are other body modifications welcome or just ink?

Thanks!

:sparklyheart:

thedivahrrrself
10-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Feel free to share all your mods, Laney!

imperfect_cupcake
10-07-2012, 02:28 AM
My back piece is still a work in progess. My upper back is now mostly done but still needs a couple of hours. I'm getting two large mermaids facing each other on my lower back on tues. One will be femme and the other will be boyish-androg or butch (I don't know if she'll care about having an ID or not heh).

I'm having the bracelette finished the week I head home.
I have a zen circle on the inside of my left forearm so I can remind myself to let go - if it's not happening right now, let go.

I have an old school tattoo of a flower being penetrated through the centre of it's blossom by a dagger on my calf. Looks great when I wear stockings and heels with it.

I got one tattoo of a pentagram with a flower in it (now changed and integrated with my backpiece, which is old school naval theme, 1800's) when I was 20. I didn't get any more until I met my ex and close friend who is a tattoo artist. She started tattooing me about 10 months ago. I was very rigid about what she was doing but then relaxed - she's also an artist with oil pastels and pen and ink, has a masters in new media - so I just let go and let her put together my back piece, she chose the piece for my leg, and she designed the idea for my bracelette.

I love my tattoos. And because they are pieces of art designed and concieved for me by someone that loves me and wants me to be happy and is a good friend of mine, I like them very much.

My back piece looks like a sting ray with the ocean/cosmos on his back - his wings span my shoulders and his tail follows my spine down to my ass. he'll have two dyke mermaids facing each other on either side of his tail. one will be holding a trident with long hair; the other will be short haired, with a sailor cap, a fag, a tattoo and a wrench (my ex suggested a strap on, but not sure about that...). Both of them bare chested.

deb0670
10-07-2012, 03:33 AM
I only have one tattoo for now, and i cannot wait to add to it!. I would love to show what it looks like but for the life of me, i have not been able to figure out how to post pics on here. However, for those of you on Facebook, if you look under Debbie Weston.. i have pics of my tat on there.
It is a sunflower with a rainbow in the center face. It is on my right arm alittle under the bend of my elbow. When i can, i want to have a stem added that kinda curves and makes the sunflower look like it is drooping just a little, and the leaves to be full and are really close to my inner wrist. Inside of the leaves, i want matching rainbows as the center of my sunflower. After i get this completed, then i for sure want to get more!

cuddlyfemme
10-07-2012, 06:50 AM
I have one tat on my right ankle that an ex got me for my birthday...forget how old I was when I got it. Since it was on my ankle it really hurt. Its of a heart with angel wings coming out of both sides with a halo up top. I love tats and really want to get a new one on my left hip

The_Lady_Snow
10-07-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm inked up, my left is my spiritual, cultural side my right is more for other meaningful art work.

*Anya*
10-07-2012, 07:20 AM
My back piece is still a work in progess. My upper back is now mostly done but still needs a couple of hours. I'm getting two large mermaids facing each other on my lower back on tues. One will be femme and the other will be boyish-androg or butch (I don't know if she'll care about having an ID or not heh).

I'm having the bracelette finished the week I head home.
I have a zen circle on the inside of my left forearm so I can remind myself to let go - if it's not happening right now, let go.

I have an old school tattoo of a flower being penetrated through the centre of it's blossom by a dagger on my calf. Looks great when I wear stockings and heels with it.

I got one tattoo of a pentagram with a flower in it (now changed and integrated with my backpiece, which is old school naval theme, 1800's) when I was 20. I didn't get any more until I met my ex and close friend who is a tattoo artist. She started tattooing me about 10 months ago. I was very rigid about what she was doing but then relaxed - she's also an artist with oil pastels and pen and ink, has a masters in new media - so I just let go and let her put together my back piece, she chose the piece for my leg, and she designed the idea for my bracelette.

I love my tattoos. And because they are pieces of art designed and concieved for me by someone that loves me and wants me to be happy and is a good friend of mine, I like them very much.

My back piece looks like a sting ray with the ocean/cosmos on his back - his wings span my shoulders and his tail follows my spine down to my ass. he'll have two dyke mermaids facing each other on either side of his tail. one will be holding a trident with long hair; the other will be short haired, with a sailor cap, a fag, a tattoo and a wrench (my ex suggested a strap on, but not sure about that...). Both of them bare chested.

Your tats sound awesome! Would love to see them!

I know you have lived in the UK for 9-ish years. Just to clarify, by "fag", you mean a cigarette, right?

My bro lived in England for 18 years and if, I remember correctly, fag is a slang word for cig. It is a little different here in the USA.

:)

*Anya*
10-07-2012, 07:25 AM
When I find my tat pic, I will upload it for everyone to see. Now, are other body modifications welcome or just ink?

Thanks!

Would you mind telling us exactly what your modifications are first, before showing us?

Thanks and {{hugs}}

(PS: I understand it may not matter to anyone else!)

Novelafemme
10-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I love tattoos...on other people. :) If I were braver I would probably have many more. I love watching LA and NY Ink and recently watched a fabulous documentary on the history of tattooing.

Body piercing and modification, not so much...but that's just me. My oldest daughter is fascinated by it all and appreciates it as a form of artistic expression.

imperfect_cupcake
10-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Your tats sound awesome! Would love to see them!

I know you have lived in the UK for 9-ish years. Just to clarify, by "fag", you mean a cigarette, right?

My bro lived in England for 18 years and if, I remember correctly, fag is a slang word for cig. It is a little different here in the USA.

:)

fag = smoke

yes. but most people I know back home have seen enough english content (monty python, flims, friends etc) to know fag=smoke.

be interesting for the butcheque one to by holding a tiny burning gay male in her hand though.

LaneyDoll
10-07-2012, 09:00 AM

Body piercing and modification, not so much...but that's just me. My oldest daughter is fascinated by it all and appreciates it as a form of artistic expression.

Thanks Diva! But since it might be something others do not want to see, I will upload the tat pic and just let the others remain private unless someone specifically asks me to see them.

Novelafemme, I am like your daughter. I am so intrigued by how all cultures modify our bodies-whether the reason is tradition, fashion etc. My cousin has a tattoo of the Greek letters of his fraternity; all the guys got it. My neighbor has the Greek letter of his fraternity branded into his arm.

One thing that I really love about piercings is that they are temporary. Now, if someone is gauging their ears etc, that will last but the discs can still be removed.

What truly fascinates me is that what once was "taboo" like tattooing is becoming more mainstream and fashionable-it makes me excited to see what will also become more accepted as time passes :)

Leigh
10-07-2012, 09:42 AM
i'm thinking about a tattoo at some point, probably will be a tribute to the 5 family members in my life who have died who meant the most to me ~ still haven't decided yet though :)

The_Lady_Snow
10-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Guadalupe is my next piece, She'll be in black ink, I am not sure if I am keeping the angel under Her or will I change zie to a muerto the red ink will be on that particular part of the piece, not sure though. She will be traditional though as far as Her facial features and small details that are cultural, bruja, & Aztec.

She'll be my left 3/4 sleeve piece...

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/047/b/a/virgen_guadalupe_by_carolbarajas-d39oq6e.jpg

diamondrose
10-07-2012, 10:40 AM
I have seventeen tattoos . Some have stories to them and others don't.

izshadow
10-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm covered in tattoos and piercings. LOVE them and LOVE them on any of my partners that I've had. And hope to have a future FTM partner that is covered in them! I consider it art but it also hits my punk/rock/biker look. :)

thedivahrrrself
10-07-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm covered in tattoos and piercings. LOVE them and LOVE them on any of my partners that I've had. And hope to have a future FTM partner that is covered in them! I consider it art but it also hits my punk/rock/biker look. :)

If you don't know who he is, you might crush on Lucas Silviera.... Just sayin'

dixie
10-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a few.
- Pegasus (inside left ankle): represents whimsy and living fairytales
- dove (inside right ankle): freedom
- tribal pride heart (outside left leg): well, pride lol
- Anubis (outside right leg that will be an entire legpiece when finished): death and the afterlife
- winged heart (between shoulder blades on back): represents the power of love (romantic, platonic, familial)
- stone dragons (2 different ones, also on back): represent a lil of my intrigue with dragons lol
- another unnamed tattoo on hip that was an idiotic teenage decision (which will be covered eventually)

This will be my Anubis piece once finished:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/26979_320477107143_1182337_n.jpg

I've also been getting that "itch" for some new ink. I have some ideas in mind but this really, really hits the spot. I plan on talking to my artist this week and seeing what she thinks. I'm really digging this though:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/129888150/Peacock_Tattoo_by_Marina_B.jpg

LaneyDoll
10-08-2012, 09:34 PM
My latest body mod is now viewable in my gallery here. I put it there so that if anyone here does not want to see it, it will stay out of this thread.

It is not a tattoo. It is a cutting. I prefer my body mods to be temporary so that I can do them over again ;)

Oh, and thanks to Diva for making me feel that all forms of self expression regarding our skin is welcome :)

starryeyes
10-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I have a lower back piece with a sun ad moon, lots of flowers, butterflies and the words "I Know I'm Gonna Shine".

I also have an ankle tattoo with a grateful dead bear, flowers, butterflies and the words "Nothing Left to do but Smile, Smile, Smile"

I was really into the Grateful Dead in my younger years and I do regret the impulse tattoo I got on my ankle when I was 18, but it's a part of my forever now :)

femmsational
10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I have 5!

One on the back of my neck. It is the stick figure of a man holding a canoe paddle over his head. It was the logo of my canoe club that I paddled for.

On my right upper arm I have a band that is tribal. It was designed for me by my friend who is a tattoo artist. It's pretty and femine but large. I love it.

On the inside of my right wrist I have the symbol for a rainbow. On the inside of my left wrist I have the symbol for woman. It was either that or have dyke tattooed on my forhead. When I first came out, nobody believed that I was gay. Cause I didn't "look" it. GRRRRR (whole other thread)

On my lower back I have "Daddy's Girl"

All of mine are black and tribal in origin. I grew up Hawaiian and the hawaiian style tattoos are what really appeal to me. I want more but I don't get anything that doesn't have major significance. Right now I guess I'm not pasionate enough about anything to come up with a new idea. I'll have to wait til something pops into my head and sticks before I can get more. Bummer :-)

I LOVE tattoos.

take care,
julie

Fatale
10-08-2012, 11:45 PM
I have have only one tattoo. It is quite significant to me and I will not get another unless it is for reasons equally as potent. It is an ouroboros (a snake holding its tail in its mouth) between my shoulder blades, its diameter is about 6 inches, and it is black work. The image, or some permutation of the concept is likely as old as mankind. It speaks to all things cyclical, ever lasting, ever renewing. It appears in mythologies throughout the world and in alchemical circles. I commissioned it at a time of great upheaval in my life and it has become a touchstone of sorts for me. I need simply see it and it grounds me.

thedivahrrrself
10-09-2012, 01:52 AM
My latest body mod is now viewable in my gallery here. I put it there so that if anyone here does not want to see it, it will stay out of this thread.

It is not a tattoo. It is a cutting. I prefer my body mods to be temporary so that I can do them over again ;)

Oh, and thanks to Diva for making me feel that all forms of self expression regarding our skin is welcome :)

Cute paw print. I'm not into cutting, as I did that for non-decorative reasons back in my teens, but for those who don't understand the art form, do you care to tell everyone a little about it?

aishah
10-09-2012, 02:00 AM
i have five tattoos:
neda (http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/)/eating disorder awareness & recovery symbol on my upper right thigh (in blue and red)
om in tibetan script on my right hip (green)
phoenix on my lower back (black/red/orange)
quote by jane goodall on my left forearm (black)
butterfly wings around my girly bits (the only one i got totally cause it was pretty - black, blue, and purple)

and i used to have two piercings (nipples and vertical hood) but i took them out.

i want a bunch more tattoos. one day. when i am more financially stable :) i really would love a full back tattoo of a tree but i'd probably have to cover up the phoenix for it to look right. so we'll see. i'm not sure if i'd ever get more permanent piercings but i'm fascinated by corset piercings and would love one.

Daktari
10-09-2012, 03:17 AM
I love giving 'girls' corset piercings. Much errrm fun all round...and one blissed out, happy girl to boot. :groucho:

Not a fan of multiple tattoos on one canvas...Just my preference that's all.

I don't have any tattoos myself, although I am considering one in my 50th year - next year - that is representative of stuffs important to me. The basis will be a frog. I do have some piercings left in however...nipples, nose and a couple in m'left ear. Took all the others out.

I take pride in doing aesthetic cuttings, permanent and impermanent. In my estimation the best I did was ExMrs.D's 'birdy' piece that ran from her thigh up one side of her body to her shoulder. Most of it isn't very visible anymore but the 'birds' I worked on most are still there and will be forever a reminder of what we shared.

LaneyDoll
10-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Cute paw print. I'm not into cutting, as I did that for non-decorative reasons back in my teens, but for those who don't understand the art form, do you care to tell everyone a little about it?

Artistic cutting is a form of body modification that involves using a scalpel to cut a design into the skin. This form of cutting is not the same as self-cutting. This is a form of edge play that is often practiced in the BDSM community.

Scarring may or may not be a desired result and it may or may not happen although technique and aftercare can help prevent/encourage scarring. The design I have pictured here is meant to be temporary as it was only done to teach a class on blood play.

Most people who do this are taught (inadvertently) by the medical community OR who learn at the hands of someone who possesses the skills to do it. Artistic cutting actually hurts less than tattooing-as per my personal opinion and the agreement of people I know who have had both.

Artistic cutting is often very intimate as most cutters will not cut people they do not have some type of a relationship with.

Daktari
10-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I just logged in before hitting the hay and have seen this. I shall be back on the morrow.

Hasta la vista and all that...:cheesy:

Daktari
10-10-2012, 07:00 AM
May I first apologise for being inconsiderate posting here in the first place. I didn't realise this is in the femme zone. Seeing as I'm here and we're talking aesthetic cutting I'll say my piece and bugger off :cheesy:

There are many myths and preconceptions about cutting and aesthetic cutting. Laney has kindly given you a good outline.

As Laney suggested many of us have learned to do this from folks who know better than we do. Those folks may be medical professionals or body mod professionals; I've learned from both.

Speaking only for me I can say categorically I won't cut someone who has a past of self harm. I learned to ask the questions the hard way. I made the mistake once and I hope never to repeat it. That woman wears my mark forever and I kinda wish she didn't. *shrugs* She got it by default, that's for her to live with.

The person I've worked on most is a masochist and an artist. Result! :winky:

Cuttings can be anything from very temporary surface scratches through varying depths and permanency, ending with a deeper v of skin cut out which hopefully will leave a raised keloid scar. I tend not to do the very, very deep stuff. I leave that to the folks who know more than I do.

I wish I could post a link to some of the parts of ex Mrs.D's piece but that would be unfair to her. The last time I posted a link to it the piece wasn't finished.

As Laney suggested it's a form of edge play that is taken quite seriously by it's practitioners. Sterile implements and hygiene are imperative...I like that I get to wear scrubs and wotnot too if I'm of a mind to too :groucho:

Each to their own really. Just don't knock it til you understand it or try it.

...and with that...toodles you lovely lot :flowers:

*Anya*
10-10-2012, 07:40 AM
First of all, I judge no one. I strongly believe in to each his/her own.

I totally understand that there is a world of difference between cutting and aesthetic cutting.

As an RN that has worked in behavioral health most of my adult life and has dealt with non-aesthetic cutters, it just gives me such a visceral reaction that I am not able to appreciate the aesthetics of the art.

I so appreciate the thoughtfulness of Laney (f) in posting in your gallery, not in the thread.

Love you my sisters!

GreeneyedMe
10-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I have 4 so far....considering my next one...need to find another "strategic" place to put it as my work environment does not appreciate them showing...

I have the word HOT in rainbow on the back of my neck...it is on fire and the letters look like they are melting, and it has two female symbols hanging from it...that was done in an "eff" the world moment :)

I have my own design of an eagle/phoenix on my left upper arm...done many years ago when I was heavy into the biker scene. (my road name was Phoenix) :)

On my upper left breast is a heart made of red roses and vines....depicting my love for flowers and my slightly "twisted" ways :)

And the last one...soon to be covered...is a tiny heart in flames on my upper right breast. That was my first one and I was terrified....ended up discovering my "need" for ink. That will one day be turned onto a dragonfly in purples, greens, and blues....and it will be "landing" on a purple thistle plant. :)

I also want to do something on my hip, but haven't met the person who may help to inspire that one yet ;)

thedivahrrrself
10-10-2012, 08:26 AM
First of all, I judge no one. I strongly believe in to each his/her own.

I totally understand that there is a world of difference between cutting and aesthetic cutting.

As an RN that has worked in behavioral health most of my adult life and has dealt with non-aesthetic cutters, it just gives me such a visceral reaction that I am not able to appreciate the aesthetics of the art.

I so appreciate the thoughtfulness of Laney (f) in posting in your gallery, not in the thread.

Love you my sisters!

I don't mind seeing cuts, but having a (distant) past relationship with the blade, I couldn't ever venture into that form of self-expression. I am always scared of doing anything to trigger any feelings I had in those years, physically or emotionally.

Laney is right in that tattooing and cutting feel very different. Tattooing doesn't hurt much as long as it's over muscle, not bone or fat, and it doesn't hurt at all afterward. Whereas, from what I remember, cutting doesn't really hurt while you do it, but there is quite a sting once the air hits it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

People all deal with their emotions, their pain, and their art is different ways. What makes body mods interesting is not the finished results, but the stories behind each one. Mine are like a note to self - you're stronger than you think, never forget you're blessed, things like that. For others, there is a memory, a person, a place they never want to forget.

OK, now I gotta get my arm piece finished. LOL

jules5041
10-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I have four tattoos. The first one I have is of an orca whale on my ankle. To me it represents a free spirit that can be captured by noone and nothing. I got it on the anniversary date that I was supposed to get married to a bio male. I am glad I got the tattoo instead! :-)

The second tattoo I got was of the japanese symbol for love. It is a black tattoo with the initials of my former partner in red. I thought I could outwit the ole saying "don't put anybody's initials on your body", but after ten years we split. Still have the tattoo...

The third tattoo I got was the japanese symbol for best friend with a subtitle for the number ten. It also black with the initials of my best friend who committed suicide in green. I got it on the tenth anniversary of her death.

The last tattoo and by far my favorite is an orange daisy on my big toe. I got it totally and completely for me. I wear flip flops a lot and I love to look down and see it. It makes me smile everytime!

I really want another tattoo, but I don't know what of. I have this rule that I have to know EXACTLY the tattoo I want and the location of it for a whole year before I go under the needle. If I waver one day for one minute then the year starts over again. Just a little rule I have so that I don't end up with tattoos all over my body that do not mean anything. Just my own little code, I guess.

I love tattoos on other people. I love to know what they represent or what their meaning is. I love, love, love tattoos on a butch.

My favorite tattoo I ever saw was Carmen's (I think that was her name) on the L word. It was a tribal that went all the way around her hips. It is hot on a femme.

Thanks for reading!!!

Jules

jules5041
10-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Could someone explain what a corset piercing is?

I am not aware.

thanks in advance,
Jules

thedivahrrrself
10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Could someone explain what a corset piercing is?

I am not aware.

thanks in advance,
Jules

I'm posting a link instead of a pic just in case it's a trigger for anyone.

corset piercing (http://www.bodypiercingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/corsetpiercing.gif)

I little too extreme for me, but they can be beautiful.

juliebrave
10-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I thought there were gonna be pictures of tattoos! I wanna see them!

thedivahrrrself
10-10-2012, 12:19 PM
I thought there were gonna be pictures of tattoos! I wanna see them!

I had one sitting in my shoe album (yes, I have a shoe album, don't judge me!). It's not easy to see, but it's a multicolored music staff with the notes to "Here I Am, Lord" inscribed inside.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=81&pictureid=696

The shoes are BCBG Patent Peep Toes, for anyone who might share my obsession with los zapatos!

LaneyDoll
10-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Speaking only for me I can say categorically I won't cut someone who has a past of self harm. I learned to ask the questions the hard way. I made the mistake once and I hope never to repeat it. That woman wears my mark forever and I kinda wish she didn't. *shrugs* She got it by default, that's for her to live with.

Very true!!! Most people who practice this will NOT cut anyone with a history of self harm. I have been cut by two people and for one, I went through an interviewing process. He will not teach anyone unless they go through an extensive Q & A session.

The other person who cuts me also asked a lot of questions and really took time to get to know me first. To my knowledge she has not cut anyone else since she relocated to this area-probably three years ago.

I'm posting a link instead of a pic just in case it's a trigger for anyone.

corset piercing (http://www.bodypiercingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/corsetpiercing.gif)

I little too extreme for me, but they can be beautiful.

Corset piercings are gorgeous!!! They also tend to be temporary for obvious reasons. I once had a similar version done but instead of piercings, it was surgical staples-really nice & temporary.

LaneyDoll
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
My tattoo has a lot of meaning for me-it is my kids' initials...

CG, TC and EB

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd424/LaneyDoll/IMG_0067.jpg

thedivahrrrself
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
my first tattoo was a rainbow music staff with the notes to Here I am Lord.

this tattoo is me when I was 22 - pious, utterly obsessed with music, determined that I would always feel this way. I was Debbie do-gooder, who picked up every bum I saw on the side of the road and bought him lunch - until one told me, over lunch, why I shouldn't do that. I was on a mission from a higher power to save everyone.

while I am not the same girl I was then, there will always be a little part of me who is. but that moment, it was a transition. several members of my family had passed, I was deciding to end my first long term relationship, and I was changing careers.

the older I get, I imagine that that year or so will just seem like a moment in my history, but that was the moment my life changed directions completely, and that tattoo is everything that symbolizes that moment in my story for me.

in this last decade, I have been an advocate for people and causes inside political and social arenas. over this current "moment" in my history, I have experienced many sad endings and some major triumphs. I don't know which part of me I will still hold onto in the next decade, but I know that I am changing, and once again my life is taking a new direction.

and, once again, the painful transition is marked with a permanent scar.

Amber2010
03-11-2013, 01:03 PM
I always wanted a tattoo since I was a teenager. I never got one but one day my 19 year old niece called me up and asked me to lunch. Well you can guess she took us to a tatoo palor and she got her first one and I got my one and only. It is on my ankle and a small abstract shell. I am positive no one else has anything like it. It is all me and I love it! I am a beach bum and love going every chance I get and just didn't want any old thing. I did almost pass out getting it. "Yep I am a wimp" but will always have a memory of her and I going out and doing this. She is married now and if I see her once a year it is a lot but this tattoo has a special place in my heart from someone who listened to my stories and brough a little piece of my past back to me. :)

deb0670
03-11-2013, 01:23 PM
My first tattoo. It is on my right arm under the bend of my right elbow. It is my coming out tattoo..
Loved getting it cause the lady that was giving it to me, had her breast resting in my hand the whole time. :-)
I am gonna add to it when i can.. i am gonna have a stem on it making it look like it is droopy a lil bit and then the stem is gonna weave down to right above my wrist and have the leaves on either side. The inside of the leaves will have the same rainbow design in the center.
Kinda a bad pic, looks better in person.
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww261/danicablossom/th_firsttattoo_zpsb38bc110.jpg

femmeInterrupted
03-22-2013, 06:53 PM
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/736x/1a/2c/6e/1a2c6ea71151ffb975be95b5f267c19f.jpg

and

http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/736x/c9/bf/99/c9bf994da7b45ffd9d3ed22982cfdcc2.jpg

femmeInterrupted
04-10-2013, 06:47 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/68590_10151582122425681_586583319_n.jpg

lilapache
04-10-2013, 06:55 PM
wow where do i begin... or actually... i'm ready to keep continuing.. i would say right now at this point i'm up to 27... im ready to half sleeve the top of my arms and connect all the ones i have there... thats a start...

the wonderful love of art..

Cailin
04-10-2013, 07:10 PM
I currently have 3 ( or 4, depending on how you look at it). I have a large celtic shamrock between my shoulder blades, a line of wording on my very lower back " De reire a cheile a thogtar na caislean" and "live long" on my right wrist, and "and prosper" on my left wrist. I have, for a long time, fought with myself on getting my whole body tattoo. As much as I love tattoos, I also love the look and sheer simplicity of just, bare skin. A beautiful art, that nature perfected. I love how my skin looks. I continue to be torn. But, If I should decide to continue, I want a series of calligraphy scroll style vines stemming from my right foot, wrapping all the way up my leg, and sprawling out onto my hip. then again from my left hand, going up to my shoulder blade.

Nadeest
04-10-2013, 09:00 PM
I recently got another tattoo. This is my second one, though I have had the first one modified a bit, since I originally obtained it. This one, I think, is to commemorate an event in my transition.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure out how to post it here, though. :(

VeganDebbie
04-11-2013, 07:39 AM
I have 5. One for each of my daughters (2), Diabetic on my left wrist, a guardian angel on my right leg for my Grandpa and the cover of the book The Giving Tree for my kids dad's mom. I want more, just need $$$$$......

thedivahrrrself
04-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Going to get the last portion of my big one done Saturday... I'm excited! Will post pics. This thing has been about two years in the making. :)

Nadeest
04-17-2013, 06:05 AM
http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/Nadeest/th_f74c8fca-c6f0-4842-b019-f5ec0c901f6a_zps5a7f9aba.jpg There it is, finally. Thank you, thedivahrrrself, for teaching me how to do this.

Chancie
04-17-2013, 06:38 AM
I have a plethora of stars that curve around my left leg.

They start inside my ankle, ending on the front of my thigh, and

I can't wait to wear this skirt!

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/192x/df/6e/02/df6e0237edbbd7e541df6feee894b0c7.jpg

pajama
04-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Started the lower leg piece last night with a big NBC-Jack and Zero on my left calf. It's my first one on my lower legs. Damn that kinda stung. LOL But it looks fantastic and this guy was awesome.

I had checked out his portfolio in the shop and online, searched out his work, read reviews, etc. But I am always a little nervous when I let someone new work on me. I am a big believer that different artist are better at different styles and I knew what I wanted to do with the leg wasn't for any of my regular guys. I am so thrilled with him, and happy to let him work up the whole leg. He was quick, only took like 2 1/2 hours, and he does incredible, clean, straight lines. His color blending was fabulous. I can't wait to see what he does with Oogie. :D Oh, and he is right next door to my house...literally, for reals, the building next door.

<-----Happy tattooed girl

thedivahrrrself
04-17-2013, 10:33 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/547891_642823945733408_1706812683_n.jpg

thedivahrrrself
06-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Does anyone else think there is a double-standard when it comes to tattoos? I see it in the larger hetero society sometimes, but I see it in the butch-femme world too.

I have several butch friends who hate tattoos on a femme. Some of them even have their own tattoos, but don't think a feminine woman should have one.

I have heard the word "trashy" thrown around, as well as "it lowers the property value" (and don't get me started on calling women "property"! LOL)... If that is your opinion that is OK, I guess. I just don't understand it.

Inked sisters, have you experienced this kind of language before? I don't think people realize when they criticize tattoos so broadly, they are criticizing my body. And your bodies. And lots of worthy, beautiful women who prefer to wear their art rather than hang it on a wall.

I don't think people without ink realize that a tattoo is not just a drawing that is on you, it's a part of you, and when your tattoos are personalized especially, it's a part of who you are and a window into how you think and where you came from.

I'm interested to know other people's thoughts on this, this is all just my perspective.

Princess
06-25-2013, 03:56 PM
I have never personally experienced anything like that, at least not within our community. I do see that there is a double standard elsewhere.

I have 7. Three of which are tied in with my family, 3 of which are directly tied to me, and 1 of which...is me. They are very addictive, and I wear them with pride. I gladly tell anyone who asks exactly what the meaning is behind each, and I dont regret any of it. They symbolize things that I have been through in my life, and I can look at any one of them and remember that specific time. I love that.

They are just..me.

Femminator
06-25-2013, 06:37 PM
I have never run across this type of Femme hate, but I know it's out there.

It would piss me off if a Butch stated that to me, or let that attitude be known to me. Thank God I am blessed with a womderful Butch wife that is tattoo supportive, and finds mine very sexy and attractive. I have three, all very personal to me, and telling a story about my life. Butches that say such things about 'lowering property value' are no better than sexist males, and should be very ashamed of saying the same things that men have said of women in the past, to devalue them.

lilapache
06-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Diva.. i myself have had this... but as you know... i'm quite inked and have actually added on since last i saw you... but i find... its not just the b/f community... its the community at large... the snears and looks when they see a beautifully tattooed woman...

yes i've heard *trashy* and *whorish* and yada freakin yada... you know what... like you said... i have a reason for almost *EVERY* tat on my body... and right now that amounts to about 27 single pieces that are now starting to be joined... yes... i'm half sleeving both of my arms from the elbows up... and there is a reason for that also... IF i decide to go back into corporate work... and they should have restrictions... ALL of mine can be covered even the ones on my chest...

Just because i'm inked... doesn't mean im low class or trashy or whatever... i'm a well versed educated woman... and the stupidity to judge someone... let alone judge what someone does with their body... is beyond me sometimes... but its the way its seen...

but opinions are like assholes... everyone has one... some just make the whole ass out of themselves... jmo...

*hugs you tight* Tattooed girls UNITE!!!!!

Does anyone else think there is a double-standard when it comes to tattoos? I see it in the larger hetero society sometimes, but I see it in the butch-femme world too.

I have several butch friends who hate tattoos on a femme. Some of them even have their own tattoos, but don't think a feminine woman should have one.

I have heard the word "trashy" thrown around, as well as "it lowers the property value" (and don't get me started on calling women "property"! LOL)... If that is your opinion that is OK, I guess. I just don't understand it.

Inked sisters, have you experienced this kind of language before? I don't think people realize when they criticize tattoos so broadly, they are criticizing my body. And your bodies. And lots of worthy, beautiful women who prefer to wear their art rather than hang it on a wall.

I don't think people without ink realize that a tattoo is not just a drawing that is on you, it's a part of you, and when your tattoos are personalized especially, it's a part of who you are and a window into how you think and where you came from.

I'm interested to know other people's thoughts on this, this is all just my perspective.

MsBluem
06-25-2013, 07:27 PM
I've got around 10. If I can con my best friend into taking photos this weekend, perhaps I'll make an album of them.

Gemme
06-25-2013, 07:42 PM

I've seen it. I've heard it. I've experienced it firsthand.

I've also experienced folks who were just expressing their opinions....nothing about ownership or lowering one's social standing....they just don't like tats on anyone at all, so I didn't feel upset at their comments because it wasn't pinpointed towards femmes alone.

thedivahrrrself
06-25-2013, 08:54 PM
No, I've never run into it on the site either. I don't think when people say this they necessarily understand what it sounds like to someone with ink. I think lilapache hit it on the head when she said "low class" - the statements are often more rooted in classist thinking than something outright sexist.

lilapache
06-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Diva... these are just a few i've added since i last saw you... the purple roses are actually a cover up... reworking this arm now to sleeve it...

and yes i do agree its all a matter of preference.. i know several butch friends of mine don't really care for the ink i have.. and i accept that... it doesn't make me think less of them or them of me and that's the type of people i prefer to keep around me...
and i've had some that refused to even date me because of it.. *shrugs* their loss... i love my expression... in whatever form i chose to show it... *smiles*

http://i42.tinypic.com/oho5dh.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/34eovud.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2aru68.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/121sxte.jpg

girl_dee
09-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Ink oh yes......

Ankle - rainbow heart -my first
ankle - fleur di Lis.. for New Orleans after Katrina
Hip- my totem and a message never to lose myself
Wrist.. celtic swirl because I like the way it looks
Earlobes- because I can't wear earrings much - they keep getting bigger
My upper arm piece (in the gallery) because of an injury that I no longer wish to think about
Dragonfly on the shoulder that watches over me