PDA

View Full Version : DEXTER fans???

jules5041
09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone here is as into the Showtime hit DEXTER as I am. The new season starts September 30th and I am so ready to see what happens after the amazing finale last season.

Thanks,
Jules with numbers

thedivahrrrself
09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
OMG YES! I love Dexter. I have had an actor-crush on Michael C. Hall since Six Feet Under.

CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Read the books. The TV show is actually better. (IMHO)

OMG you made my day by telling me when Dex is coming back.

Tommi
09-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone here is as into the Showtime hit DEXTER as I am. The new season starts September 30th and I am so ready to see what happens after the amazing finale last season.

Thanks,
Jules with numbers

I never miss a show...DVR record the entire series, , so thanks for the reminder .

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JaGtONVMalo/0.jpg

jules5041
09-12-2012, 09:45 AM
OMG YES! I love Dexter. I have had an actor-crush on Michael C. Hall since Six Feet Under.

CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Read the books. The TV show is actually better. (IMHO)

OMG you made my day by telling me when Dex is coming back.

I too have had a crush on Michael C. Hall since Six Feet Under. What a wonderful show that was. The series of SFU is on my Christmas List this year!!!

I can't phathom how he works with his ex-wife in real life and sister on the show, (oh I can't think of her real name)...Deb (on the show). They just recently divorced if you didn't know. I don't know how they do it.

Have you seen the trailer for the upcoming season on sho.com? It is so good. It is almost breathtaking. I know that sounds horrible for a television show to take your breath away, but it does mine. I guess I am just silly that way.

Anyways, glad I could make your day. Mark your calendar!!!

Jules

Hollylane
09-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Gaige and I both are big fans of this show. Personally, I have enjoyed Michael C. Halls acting skills since Six Feet Under, so when Dexter came out, I just knew I was going to love it. I was not disappointed!

thedivahrrrself
09-12-2012, 09:50 AM
It is my personal mission in life to introduce one new fan per year to Six Feet Under. I believe it was not only groundbreaking, but perhaps the best series that has ever been on television.

Must make time to watch Six Feet Under with someone soon...

Novelafemme
09-12-2012, 09:55 AM
SUPER FAN HERE!!!

I can't remember how last season ended. Must go back and re-cap.

Six Feet Under is in my top three favorite television series of all time. My oldest daughter is totally into it right now.

Can't wait for the new season!!

Soft*Silver
09-12-2012, 10:08 AM
where can I watch Six Feet Under? I watched the first few seasons but lost cable right about the time the one wife went missing...I need to find it again!

I LOVE Dexter. I am a true crime addict and at first didnt watch it becaue I only like true crime books but ....I finally did and was hooked immediately! Love it!

I cant believe his sister caught him in the act on the last episode of last season!!! OMG!

jules5041
09-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Miss Tia~

I know you can watch SFU at HBO.com, but in order to do that I believe you have to be an HBO subscriber. I am not sure though. I can't access it right now as I am at work, but run a search for Six Feet Under Episodes Free and you can find some links to it.

jules5041
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
I think I should have made this thread about Micheal C Hall as there is more talk about Six Feet Under than Dexter. But that is a good thing! Anything Micheal C Hall and Im there!!!!

Novelafemme
09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
where can I watch Six Feet Under? I watched the first few seasons but lost cable right about the time the one wife went missing...I need to find it again!

I LOVE Dexter. I am a true crime addict and at first didnt watch it becaue I only like true crime books but ....I finally did and was hooked immediately! Love it!

I cant believe his sister caught him in the act on the last episode of last season!!! OMG!

Yes! I watch HBO2Go on my iPad but you do need to subscribe to HBO through your cable company. I love it! I am watching True Blood season 4 right now.

LoyalWolfsBlade
09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Such a Dexter Fan been doing a marthon of the entire series since the start of Aug to get ready for Sept 30 Can't Wait.....

SugarFemme
09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Woo Hoooo!! The kid and I can't wait until Dexter starts. Hope this season is a good one. We had disconnected our cable to save money and we were very blessed to have a friend here at BFP allow us access to his cable online so we can watch Dexter:). Thank YOU, (You know who you are). As an aside, we are also hooked on American Horror Story and can't wait for the new season to start.

luv2luvgirls
09-12-2012, 01:03 PM
I loveeeeeee Dexter! Got my mom hooked on it as well :cheesy: dang I almost forgot how last season ended.. thanks for the reminder lol.. wish I hadnt just cancelled all my premium channels :blink: MUST ADD SHOWTIME

firegal
09-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I LOVE Dexter...glad him and his wife split....kinda creepy having his realtime wife play his sister! lol

I too kinda need a reminder of last season... seems like sooo long ago!

Wonder what twist come this season...they will twist it somehow.. I look forward to it.

Nomad
09-12-2012, 09:38 PM
<shiver>

i love Dexter! i've seen the first 5 seasons many times but i've only seen the first 2 episodes of last season. i'm hoping for some time to catch up soon. but ooooh i hate watching that show alone!

:scarytv:

:hiding:

The JD
09-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I had a gf who used to say I'm just like Dexter. I'm not exactly sure what she meant, but I love the Dexter bowling shirt she gave me.

I feel compelled to say she's still alive. :|

You can watch the first 2 minutes of the season 7 premiere and the trailer for the season at the Showtime (http://www.sho.com/sho/dexter/home) website. I was skeptical that Deb really caught him, but I'm convinced now. Deb apparently spends the season watching Dex like a hawk...pressure's gonna build! Rumor has it that next season (Season 8) will be the final season... :(

jules5041
09-13-2012, 05:55 AM
I thought this was the last season. Boy I hope I am wrong and there is a season 8!!!

Kätzchen
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I do love the show Dexter!

My oldest son turned me onto that show back during
the summer of 2008. He knew how to find past episodes to
watch online. We sat on my old French sofa (which I miss to this day),
and watched episode after episode - for hours on end.

My older son has a natural gift for forensics and several language
fluencies, which both of his talents present a potent mixture. I remember
the detailed observations he moderated in hush-hush like tones during every show we watched, as if he were a machine. I was completely taken by his acute level of skill to pick apart every nick and dent of each episode we watched.

So yes, I do like that show very much.

firegal
09-27-2012, 10:57 AM
They signed a contract for 2 more seasons this one on oct 2012 and then 1 more [final one]...they say they already know the ending!

I love me some dexter..... glad he divorced his wife...kinda creeped me out havin her be his sis on the show!

jules5041
09-28-2012, 09:20 AM
BUMP!!!

CANT wait for Sunday night!!!!

Jules with numbers

LoyalWolfsBlade
09-28-2012, 10:04 AM
So glad I am not the only one still doing a count down for Dexter on Sunday...I am going to hate watching it alone but I will be watching it....two more days...

firegal
09-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I dont have it but my older sister [WHO DOESNT WATCH IT!] lives a few blocks from me and she works graveyard....so im gonna have to visit while she is at work!

I love Dexter....only 2 seasons left!

jules5041
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I dont have it but my older sister [WHO DOESNT WATCH IT!] lives a few blocks from me and she works graveyard....so im gonna have to visit while she is at work!

I love Dexter....only 2 seasons left!

Woo HOO for two more seasons of DEXTER!!!!!

You go! I'd def go to my sisters house if I were you!!!

I am going to a friends house to watch with her. She's as avid of a fan as I am. Its always fun to watch with someone else I think.

Jules

DMW
09-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I can so relate to the character ...that i scares meself. Love the show.
I only saw the last episode of the last season...i was like what? she saw him do what? and she said she ***** him? and wow. I wish his wife...i wish that didn't happen ....i was so mad at him for leaving her alone with that dude still around and not knowing where he was. Not a good move Dex. She was a good one.

*Anya*
09-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Don't forget to watch Homeland, too. Totally outstanding show.

Nomad
09-29-2012, 05:26 AM
sighing over the whole no television in this house thing. so no Dexter for me. can i watch it on the interweb like i do everything else?

Hollylane
09-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Sunday night Dexter date with Gaige!! Yay!!!

Gaige
09-30-2012, 05:16 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pajama
09-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Set to record. But I won't actually get to watch it until Friday. :(

Bleu
09-30-2012, 06:18 PM
sighing over the whole no television in this house thing. so no Dexter for me. can i watch it on the interweb like i do everything else?

Try Graboid. They have a lot of good stuff. Have not checked it but they may have it.

Hollylane
09-30-2012, 06:32 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn Comcast and thier schedules! No simultaneous Dexter love is possible...:(

LoyalWolfsBlade
09-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Thankful for premiere night on Comcast missed start of 8pm show but no worries I get to see it at 10 instead will just watch Homeland first,,,,not happy with no internet showing though...It would have been nice to share with friends...just saying.....1 hr 10 minutes now....

always2late
09-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Watching the season premiere right now...I'm wondering how they are going to play this out with the whole Deb finding out thing.

LoyalWolfsBlade
09-30-2012, 10:10 PM
I think it is going to be a season full of Deb battling with wanting to arrest Dexter but torn because she loves him thrown in with Dexter trying to convince her it is okay because he only kills people that deserve it. That is what I got after seeing the first episode...anyone else? Nite everyone

The JD
09-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Whoa. They're not drawing this out, are they? Amazing last scene: Deb knows all!

Looks like this season is going to focus on Deb realizing that all the peculiarities of her childhood (not getting to keep the dog, a Dad who invests far more time into Dex than her) are all related to her recent discovery about Dex. And she'll be keeping a close eye on Dexter, of course.

Nice twist about Laguardia finding Dexter's kill trophy aka the slide with the drop of blood on it. Now that she knows the Bay Harbor Butcher is still alive, she's going to go after him... but just how much will Deb do to impede Laguardia's investigation? Hmm.

I do love a good study in moral ambiguity. So far it's looking like this season is about Deb's moral code, not Dexter's. Interesting.

jules5041
10-02-2012, 03:19 PM
LOVED the season premiere. It was soo good!!!

I also thought they would build upon what Deb knows about Dexter all throughout the season. Guess after watching the ending she knows pretty much all.

No mention about Deb being "in love" with Dexter. Thought that was interesting.

Noticed on the previews for the season that it looks like Dexter kills Masuka. THAT would be a twist I didn't see coming... well, except for the preview I just saw, duh.

I agree with JD. I think this season is going to center a lot around Deb coming to terms with how her life has revolved around Dexter without her even really knowing it.

Looks like, from the preview, that Dexter will be doing LOTS of killing this season. Woo HOO for killing bad guys that actually walk the streets.

Its going to be a GREAT season!!! Cant wait til next Sunday!!!

Jules

Novelafemme
10-02-2012, 03:48 PM
LOVED the season premiere. It was soo good!!!

I also thought they would build upon what Deb knows about Dexter all throughout the season. Guess after watching the ending she knows pretty much all.

No mention about Deb being "in love" with Dexter. Thought that was interesting.

Noticed on the previews for the season that it looks like Dexter kills Masuka. THAT would be a twist I didn't see coming... well, except for the preview I just saw, duh.

I agree with JD. I think this season is going to center a lot around Deb coming to terms with how her life has revolved around Dexter without her even really knowing it.

Looks like, from the preview, that Dexter will be doing LOTS of killing this season. Woo HOO for killing bad guys that actually walk the streets.

Its going to be a GREAT season!!! Cant wait til next Sunday!!!

Jules

OMG...If Dexter kills Masuka I will be floored! I started watching the season premier last night but got distracted. I will try again tonight.

The JD
10-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I have a prediction on how the series will end. Granted, we're 2 seasons away from that, so there's lots of time to prove me wrong...but here's what makes sense to me:

We spend this season seeing Deb learn all about Harry's code (no secret there, they already showed a preview with Dexter telling Deb that Harry taught him what he knows)...so Deb learns how Dexter's adopted dad/cop taught the boy Dexter about forensics and how to blend in socially, and how to target only the bad guys... meanwhile, she's struggling between her own ethics and love for Dexter, her love for her dad and her desire to be just like him....

In the final season, I'm thinking Dexter will get killed in some final show-down. (I don't think Deb will be the one to kill him- that would be far too pat and dry. But I do think it will trigger all kinds of cop responsibility and family responsibility in Deb)

So what happens to Dexter's son Harrison? Deb adopts him, of course. And in the final scene, we see Deb teaching Harry's Code to Harrison, who by this time has begun to display a few Dexter-like sociopathic tendencies of his own (and really, they're already building on this- Dex worries about that a lot, and Harrison was found sitting in a pool of blood after Rita's murder).

And so the cycle begins again. Deb always wanted to be like Harry (another ongoing theme of the series). Now she is.

Anyway. Just an idea.

Ginger
10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Really good posts by JD and all.

You know how Dexter closes his eyes at the end of the first episode, just before it goes black to credits?

I think that's a clue. He's blind to something. Willfully blind.

Who is "after him"?

Not anyone they've hinted at...

Bleu
10-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I have a prediction on how the series will end. Granted, we're 2 seasons away from that, so there's lots of time to prove me wrong...but here's what makes sense to me:

We spend this season seeing Deb learn all about Harry's code (no secret there, they already showed a preview with Dexter telling Deb that Harry taught him what he knows)...so Deb learns how Dexter's adopted dad/cop taught the boy Dexter about forensics and how to blend in socially, and how to target only the bad guys... meanwhile, she's struggling between her own ethics and love for Dexter, her love for her dad and her desire to be just like him....

In the final season, I'm thinking Dexter will get killed in some final show-down. (I don't think Deb will be the one to kill him- that would be far too pat and dry. But I do think it will trigger all kinds of cop responsibility and family responsibility in Deb)

So what happens to Dexter's son Harrison? Deb adopts him, of course. And in the final scene, we see Deb teaching Harry's Code to Harrison, who by this time has begun to display a few Dexter-like sociopathic tendencies of his own (and really, they're already building on this- Dex worries about that a lot, and Harrison was found sitting in a pool of blood after Rita's murder).

And so the cycle begins again. Deb always wanted to be like Harry (another ongoing theme of the series). Now she is.

Anyway. Just an idea.

Really good posts by JD and all.

You know how Dexter closes his eyes at the end of the first episode, just before it goes black to credits?

I think that's a clue. He's blind to something. Willfully blind.

Who is "after him"?

Not anyone they've hinted at...

OH YOU GUYS ARE SO FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!!

pajama
10-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Jules

I thought he was going in to kill Laguardia. Masuka cannot die. He's my perverted soulmate.

I think in the books it talks about Dexter's son being "like" him. This would make perfect sense. I think you had some great ideas JD.

Ginger
10-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Don't forget to watch Homeland, too. Totally outstanding show.

OMG I LOVE Homeland!!!!

I'm out of state for my nephew's wedding this weekend, and the next weekend I'm moving...

so I might get a little behind on the cable series. I will def check back with the thread thought as soon as I'm caught up.

My favorites in the last couple years:

Nurse Jackie
Game of Thrones
Dexter (have missed a lot of it though)
Angry Boys (Sundance series from Australia, funny!)
Episodes
Homeland

Enjoy!

jules5041
10-05-2012, 06:26 AM
I thought he was going in to kill Laguardia. Masuka cannot die. He's my perverted soulmate.

I think in the books it talks about Dexter's son being "like" him. This would make perfect sense. I think you had some great ideas JD.

Laugh out fucking loud!!!! Did not know one could have a perverted soulmate...I must go looking for mine!!!

Ditto on the ideas, JD.

Jules

Nomad
10-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Laugh out fucking loud!!!! Did not know one could have a perverted soulmate...I must go looking for mine!!!

Ditto on the ideas, JD.

Jules

i am soooo on board with Matsuka and the "perverted soulmate" idea.

contrary to other opinion, i think La Guerta dies at the end of it all (G*d i LOVE growing to hate her!) and they simply leave us in suspense about Dexter's future.

DMW
11-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Dude?... she didn't give you roses...she gave you a (blood spattered) orchid...

technically, she cannot be a thorn in your side. unless...you allow it.

and you took her dude....and maybe, just maybe, she is the one you cannot do

away with. A far cry from the old wifey there Dex.

Very interesting...chemistry...dynamic.. and a hot as hell fuck too.

I wonder where this one is going to go. And now Deb. What about Deb?

pajama
11-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Please dear sweet innocent baby Jesus, let this be the season that that insipid sister gets killed.

Spoiler Alert-
So you want him to stop. It's wrong, you don't understand, wah wah blah blah wah.
But let your latest potential screw get offed and all of a sudden what Dexter does is ok. You hipocritical, indecisive, insecure, annoying little b!tch. Uggggh I HATE Deb.

On another note, I really like the budding relationship. :) I wish it would last a long time, but I know one way or the other Hannah'll be gone by the end of the season. :(

The JD
11-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I like Hannah, but I don't trust her...of course, I think that's exactly what the writers want. And I agree with Pajama, Hannah will die by the season's end, most likely by Dexter. It will be interesting to see which one of Dexter's moral codes she must break before he does it.

Interesting twist, though. It's the first time Dex has made an exception to his target (well, except for the delayed killing of the Trinity Killer, and we know how *that* worked out for him). He's even destroying evidence just to protect her (not for his own protection), another first.

And now we have Deb telling Dexter who to kill, like he's her own personal hit man. And Dex is going to say no because... he actually cares for Hannah. How very human of him.

This season is making me much more anxious than previous seasons. It's finally all out in the open (well, with Deb, anyway), and yet there's more evidence tampering, lying and close calls than ever before... except it's not just Dex now.

And then there's Laguerta. They keep toying with that, reminding us that she's going to figure Dexter out, but not much else is happening there. Maybe next episode.

pajama
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Interesting twist, though. It's the first time Dex has made an exception to his target (well, except for the delayed killing of the Trinity Killer, and we know how *that* worked out for him). He's even destroying evidence just to protect her (not for his own protection), another first.

I thought the sweetest scene I've seen in a long time in any show was when Hannah points out that they did something to protect the other. When she says something like "Do you know how rare that is for people like us?" I was all squishy 'cause Dex really seems to care about her. But alas, I agree, I don't think cares for him the same. And yes, I wonder what she will finally do to make Dex kill her. I'm betting she goes after Deborah, because she's just not going to let this go.

DMW
11-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Deb getting a little TOO personal about this, now.
Where is the morality in that?

The crime writer was weird.
Too bad Hannah did what she did.

Chemical reaction... Hannah and Dexter form a covalent bond.
They met and exploded and imploded and now, they form a
Covalent bond. Is it possible that they can change the way
they live their lives together, forever? I believe.

Deb is going to be jealous. And this feeling will escalate along with
the feeling of betrayal. Acceptance Deb.

Melting Points? Choices? Moral Code...they have, each of them, broken it.

Humm...need more coffee and gotta go ...
I just came back to read what you two wrote.

I think Hannah would kill for Dexter. He still has to be careful though. He has a lot to protect.

pajama
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
All those who think that whiney, manipulative, insecure, conniving, b!tch, Deborah Morgan, poisoned her own water to make Dexter turn on Hannah raise your hand.

http://www.brandidsp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/raised-hands14.jpg

The JD
12-09-2012, 09:50 PM
[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]All those who think that whiney, manipulative, insecure, conniving, b!tch, Deborah Morgan, poisoned her own water to make Dexter turn on Hannah raise your hand.

Ooooh, yeah... Deb can be so annoyingly morally superior that it hadn't occurred to me until I read this. Even when she kept Hannah from bleeding to death, she had to make a moral lesson out of it. But then this season has been all about Deb struggling with her ethics, so poisoning herself to get the "right" outcome would make for a great twist...or a natural progression.

Interesting that Dex let Deb have Hannah, instead of killing her himself. Maybe it was, to paraphrase Hannah, a punishment worse than death, and that's why he did it... or maybe the producers of the show just don't want to show Dexter killing a woman. They haven't shown it for the first 6 seasons (anyone else notice that?), and they're not going to start it now.

LaGuerta's set-up- I didn't see that coming. I knew she wouldn't let the investigation/vendetta drop, but she's been so bumbling about it up until now. (oh, and whatever happened to the creepy computer game/lab nerd subplot? I was sure that the blood left on Dex's boat would come back to bite him by now.) Anyway, well played, LaGuerta.

pajama
12-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Well played indeed.

And I don't think he killed Hannah because he really does love her. But I hadn't realized about the trend of not killing a woman. You're right there. hmmmm

The JD
12-09-2012, 09:54 PM
or maybe the producers of the show just don't want to show Dexter killing a woman. They haven't shown it for the first 6 seasons (anyone else notice that?), and they're not going to start it now.

Whoops, I'm wrong! He killed that crazy-ass gf he had in Season 3, I think it was... he had to go to Paris to do it. But I don't recall seeing the whole plastic wrap and plunging knife bit. Maybe it was there, and every bit as graphic as the male deaths... in which case that probably says more about me than the show. Hmm!

pajama
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Whoops, I'm wrong! He killed that crazy-ass gf he had in Season 3, I think it was... he had to go to Paris to do it. But I don't recall seeing the whole plastic wrap and plunging knife bit. Maybe it was there, and every bit as graphic as the male deaths... in which case that probably says more about me than the show. Hmm!

Oh man yeah, I forgot about her. The one that set the apartment on fire, right? But I don't think it showed it either.

The JD
12-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Oh man yeah, I forgot about her. The one that set the apartment on fire, right? But I don't think it showed it either.

Gah!! I had to go find it, it was killing me. Har Har.

I was thinking they didn't show it because it would be harder to keep the audience sympathetic to him. But nope, they show it. And while the rest of his kills are cold and sterile, this one's really quite intimate, like a goodbye kiss. God, I love this show.

?v=EuSYHJ1YHyQ

always2late
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I watched the previews for next week and I think I need to invent a time machine! I HAVE to know what's going to happen...the suspense is killing me! And I'm wondering about this past episode...did Hannah REALLY spike Deb's water?? I tend to think she's not that stupid.

Duchess
12-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Didn't he also kill the nurse that was making his dad sicker?

The JD
12-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Didn't he also kill the nurse that was making his dad sicker?

Nice call, yes! Dexter's first victim. I guess my memory gaps on female victims really does say more about me than the show... :blush:

DMW
05-18-2013, 06:56 AM
There are dexter reruns being shown on showtime 2. (Friday nights from 9 pm to 1 am.) And the new season starts this summer. I watched a show last night and I know that I have missed quite a few of them. I wish that showtime would have a marathon. Preferably this week cause I may just be able to fit it in.

always2late
05-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I just read something that's made me shudder! Is the upcoming season, Season 8, really the last??? Are they ending the series?? What will I do without my Dexter?? :overreaction:

Duchess
05-19-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm already heartbroken!!! I wonder if there will be a spin off?