PDA

View Full Version : Hello Virginia Roll Call

Sachita
12-26-2009, 09:22 PM
No one has posted yet so I figured I'd start something. Anyone from Virginia?

I'm in southern va close to the NC state line just outside Danville.

How about you?

OS Butch
03-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Well, well, well....Lokks like there are only 2 of us in the good Ole Commonwealth of Virginia......That certainly isn't even close to 1 in 10....I wonder.....:byebye:

Sachita
03-05-2011, 05:27 AM
nawwww there's more but for some reason not posting here.

OS Butch
03-14-2011, 08:26 PM
I will be driving through Virginia in late March. I am traveling back from Dallas, Tx back to Washington DC. I will be traveling on I81, Bristol, to I66 home. I make a bunch of stops so, if anyone wants to join me for coffee along my route, let me know.

OSB

moxie
03-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone.
Over the summer, I will be moving to the Whitesburg, KY area for work and thought I would check and see if there was anyone from VA that would be close by. I will be less than 20 miles from Pound, VA and less than 45 from Big Stone Gap, VA. I don't know anyone in the area and have only been there once but was 60 miles north (still in the mountains).

Anyone?

1PlayfulFemme
03-18-2011, 08:05 PM
*Waving* *Pointing to map* Count me in! I'm close to the TN boarder, but my address reads VA! :)

OS Butch
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM
I am heading home tomorrow. I will be leaving Tennessee on I40 to I81 to I66. I will be stopping along the way for coffee and food. Anyone along my route is welcome to join me.

OSB

moxie
08-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Here I am posting again like 5 months later. I am in SE KY, about 9 miles from the VA border and the closest somewhat large town is Wise/Norton...about 20 miles from my house. Is anyone from around those parts in VA? I keep meaning to make it down the past few weekends so I can do some decent shopping but the weird torrential downpours and the flooding have kept me from doing so.
I would love to get together with anyone if they are in the area. I know no one here in the area and it's hard to make friends outside of work around here as everyone already knows everyone else and there aren't places to go.

I am just mumbling on, so...if you are in the area I'd be more than happy to meet for coffee or lunch or something.

christie
08-17-2011, 09:17 PM
We are right at 3.5 hours from you in the SW portion of VA.

Right now, my work schedule is such that I only have about 48 hours at home so that kinda trip is outta range. Perhaps when work lightens a bit, we can plan something.

I know what it feels like to try and make friends in a small town. Next to impossible where we live, but I am happy to report there are two other b/f couples who frequent our lil wally world!

Inked_Trinity
08-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Oh Oh...... I'm in! Manassas here!

christie
08-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Hiya Inked!

I actually work in Richmond during the week. Jess does come up, at times, so we can go out to a nice dinner or catch up with friends (Jess was a Richmonder for 20 years or so).

Maybe next time she is in town, we can plan something. I've lived in VA for a little over 5 years now and making new friends, at this age, has proved to be challenging.

Sachita
08-18-2011, 08:13 AM
I actually see quite a few queers in Martinsville and Danville. I'm not sure if they are all dialed into BF or not but they are certainly there.

Lee and I enjoy meeting new people. We are not so much into the bar scene tho. Hy has been pushing me to go shoot pool but I don't do well around a bunch of rednecks. I'd like to find a place tho.

OS Butch
08-18-2011, 08:42 AM
I will be heading that way in October, on my way to Little Rock and final destination Texas. It is always nice to meet folks on the road. I hate eating all by myself, would be great to meet ya'll along my route on I81.

christie
08-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I just booked our hotel for part of labor day weekend - Hillsville, VA has a flea mkt that weekend and the whole friggin town is nothing but! Jess made a funny that they call it "Junk a Palooza".

I am kinda stoked! I may say differently after the one day we have planned!

http://www.hillsville.com/fmarket.htm

Kenna
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm a Shenandoah Valley Redneck Hillbilly *said very fondly and affectionately*. I went on to further my education in Lynchburg and started college at Blue Ridge Community College in Weyers Cave. I'd love to see the Lynchburg area again. I have family connections in the Dayton, Vienna, Fairfax, Alexandria, Culpeper, Chesapeak, Portsmouth areas. ...and Glen Burnie MD. Skyline Drive is my ole' stomping grounds. I've had the honor and privilege to visit with Christie and Jess several times. I might be asking Jess to show me how to get around Richmond without getting lost.
I hope to be making a couple trips up that way very soon to see family and friends. I think I have all the exits along I81 memorized. Claytor Lake (below Roanoke on I81) would be a nice place to organize an East Coast get-together in the future. Or Maymont in Richmond. It's so very beautiful there!

Kenna
08-22-2011, 07:36 PM
I just booked our hotel for part of labor day weekend - Hillsville, VA has a flea mkt that weekend and the whole friggin town is nothing but! Jess made a funny that they call it "Junk a Palooza".

Hey! I know Hillsville! a little anyway... they have some BEAUTIFUL model cabin homes I've been meaning to stop in for an "ooo and ahhhh" wishful-thinking trip.

cuddlyfemme
08-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Can I be an honoary Virginian??? I lived there all my life till I moved to SC a year ago. I miss Virginia!!!!

OS Butch
08-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok Virginians! Everyone ok? It was a scary, bottles and my glass collection shaking, but everyone thing is ok here.

Inked_Trinity
08-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Had stuff flying off the walls in my office but no damage to speak of in Leesburg. I'm wondering what it's like in Manassas where I live? Guess I'll find out when I head home in 30 minutes.

OS Butch
08-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Had stuff flying off the walls in my office but no damage to speak of in Leesburg. I'm wondering what it's like in Manassas where I live? Guess I'll find out when I head home in 30 minutes.

I hope everything is ok on the home front.

Sachita
08-23-2011, 03:47 PM
I was in Earth Fare with Wanton Boi when it happened. Some honey fell off the shelf and this was in Greensboro NC. All of a sudden everyone is blowing up my phone to make sure I'm ok. It seems cell service was out for a little bit and no one could reach me.

How odd having an earthquake here. It's seems the sky is falling

Sachita
08-23-2011, 03:49 PM
I tell myself I will go to Hillsville every year but at the last minute I think about the traffic and crowds. I change my mind.

OS Butch
08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I was in Earth Fare with Wanton Boi when it happened. Some honey fell off the shelf and this was in Greensboro NC. All of a sudden everyone is blowing up my phone to make sure I'm ok. It seems cell service was out for a little bit and no one could reach me.

How odd having an earthquake here. It's seems the sky is falling

Yep, I lost service for awhile too....everyone calling 911 to let them know there was an earthquake:sunglass: .....I think they knew:sunglass:

OS Butch
08-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I tell myself I will go to Hillsville every year but at the last minute I think about the traffic and crowds. I change my mind.

I thought about going to Hillsville, but I have a swap meet on Saturday and Sundays are not a favorite travel day... Then without staying over night, 4 hours out and them 4 hours back...not on my book for this year.

OS Butch
08-23-2011, 07:48 PM

Let us know what a grand time you have!

christie
08-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I thought about going to Hillsville, but I have a swap meet on Saturday and Sundays are not a favorite travel day... Then without staying over night, 4 hours out and them 4 hours back...not on my book for this year.

I will say that hotel room prices are OUTRAGEOUS. The only reason I agreed to pay $180 A NIGHT at a HOLIDAY INN is because its a special thing for Jess and I to run away from home for a night, especially when there might be Jade-ite or any of the other treasures we collect. I am not fond of the drive to Hillsville over Lover's Leap and I really, really didn't want to do that curvyass mountain cliff hanging drive with 500K other folks on the road.

I think next year we might have to look at RVing it. Depending on our experience this year, next year might not be an option! :seeingstars:

ruffryder
08-23-2011, 07:52 PM
I hope everyone in VA is okay and didn't get too much damage from the Quake. I'm in CO where we had about a dozen smaller ones over the past 24 hours and one I felt a bit last night was a 5.3.

OS Butch
08-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I will say that hotel room prices are OUTRAGEOUS. The only reason I agreed to pay $180 A NIGHT at a HOLIDAY INN is because its a special thing for Jess and I to run away from home for a night, especially when there might be Jade-ite or any of the other treasures we collect. I am not fond of the drive to Hillsville over Lover's Leap and I really, really didn't want to do that curvyass mountain cliff hanging drive with 500K other folks on the road.

I think next year we might have to look at RVing it. Depending on our experience this year, next year might not be an option! :seeingstars:

OMGoodness! That is outrageous! I had thought of pulling my rv camper, but I was booked for this flea market and that put that out of my calender. I will keep that in mind for next year.

Milly
08-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Born and raised in the Capital of the Confederacy (Richmond). Currently living in NM, but moving home to the "Sweet Virginia Breeze" (check out Robin Thompson) within the next few months. WOO HOO! I love Virginia!

Jess
08-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Robin's song is a classic, but probably my favorite is by an old friend who left us this year. You may remember his show on NPR, The Out of the Blue Revue, Purebred American Mongrel music!

Ramble on Page!!!

-tR5iMuvPDA

OS Butch
08-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Can I be an honoary Virginian??? I lived there all my life till I moved to SC a year ago. I miss Virginia!!!!

Well hey there cuddlyfemme. Been a long time! I didn't realize you had moved out of Virginia!

cuddlyfemme
08-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Well hey there cuddlyfemme. Been a long time! I didn't realize you had moved out of Virginia!

Hey OS, it has been a long time! I moved out of Northern VA a year ago in May so SC It got way to expensive for me :( But I hope to come back since Northern VA is my home and I lived there all my life

Sachita
08-24-2011, 07:25 AM
OMGoodness! That is outrageous! I had thought of pulling my rv camper, but I was booked for this flea market and that put that out of my calender. I will keep that in mind for next year.

I am an hour and half I think from Hillsville. If I went I would just drive. If you have an RV you're welcome to hook it up at the farm and stay a few nights. I have an RV outlet and a hose to hook to your water, just no sewer.

Sachita
08-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Those of you interested in Agricultural and local food systems here in the state please check out a new group www.fieldtofriends.org the mission statement pretty much states our mission and there is a link to the report the extension office and Virginia Tech did for us. If you have an interest in joining us please add your name to the subscriber list at the site for our newsletter and stay tuned for updates.

OS Butch
08-27-2011, 05:41 PM
I am an hour and half I think from Hillsville. If I went I would just drive. If you have an RV you're welcome to hook it up at the farm and stay a few nights. I have an RV outlet and a hose to hook to your water, just no sewer.

Wow, that is very generous of you, Thank you! I am sure there is a dumping station somewhere. It may have to be in my plans for next year!

OS Butch
08-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Here in Alexandria, the rain is coming down and wind gusts but I still have electricity! How is everyone doing?

Babyangeleyez
10-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Hello to all the Virginia peoples! I'm in Culpeper.

lyric
10-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Hello, Virginia!
Toxic and I are in Alexandria. I'd like to move to an area that's a little less expensive and a bit more rural (just can't take the country out of the girl, I guess) but we're still here for the time being. :)

Babyangeleyez
10-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Hello, Virginia!
Toxic and I are in Alexandria. I'd like to move to an area that's a little less expensive and a bit more rural (just can't take the country out of the girl, I guess) but we're still here for the time being. :)

Hey there Lyric! I know where Alexandria is. I hate going to N.VA. I'm probably 1 1/2 hours from your area. I live out in the country. Well, I guess you can still call it that.

OS Butch
10-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Hello, Virginia!

Hi there Lyric! I am in Alexandria too. I think we may have met years ago....maybe at the Phase or maybe Dyke Night at the Eagle.

Either way, I sure would like to get together with local folks in the area once a month or every other month.

What do you think?

OS Butch
10-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Hello to all the Virginia peoples! I'm in Culpeper.

Hi! Good to see where folks are located.

OS Butch
10-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Looks like my plans for my trip to Texas are set. I leave on Thursday, Oct 13. I just haven't decided on the time....Somewhere between 6am and 10am.

I am heading From I66 to I81 to my over night stop somewhere around Nashville, Tn.

Anyone along my route want to have a cup of coffee with me, that would be grand.

OSB

lyric
10-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Hey there Lyric! I know where Alexandria is. I hate going to N.VA. I'm probably 1 1/2 hours from your area. I live out in the country. Well, I guess you can still call it that.

hiya Babyangeleyez! i live in N.VA and i hate driving here, anywhere outside of my little bubble between work and home. I hate traffic! right now we're only 5 minutes from where we both work, so staying where we are makes sense. :)

Hi there Lyric! I am in Alexandria too. I think we may have met years ago....maybe at the Phase or maybe Dyke Night at the Eagle.

Either way, I sure would like to get together with local folks in the area once a month or every other month.

What do you think?

hey there OS Butch! i bet we did meet at some point at either one of those places :) we have not been out for quite some time. we'd love to do a regular get-together sometime... definitely!

LipstickLola
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Omg, I went to Hillsville for the first time and had a BLAST!!! Came home broke too....:|
Can't wait til next year!

OS Butch
12-31-2011, 10:41 PM
20 minutes to Happy New Years Virginian's!

uniquetobeme
01-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm a new member of this site, and I love it! I live in Chantilly and work in Annandale (for the time being...looking for better opportunities with less of a commute)

2011 was such a crazy year!

I hope to get to know you all better.

Sachita
01-14-2012, 05:39 AM
I'm a new member of this site, and I love it! I live in Chantilly and work in Annandale (for the time being...looking for better opportunities with less of a commute)

Welcome! I live down by southside very rural. Everything is a commute here!

Stitch
01-14-2012, 05:51 AM
I totally just read this thread title wrong on the main page and i thought it said "Hello Virgin Roll Call"

Sachita
01-14-2012, 06:02 AM
I totally just read this thread title wrong on the main page and i thought it said "Hello Virgin Roll Call"

and you hopped right on that shit didnt you? hahahaha

Darbonaire
01-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Back home for a year now.....good to be "home" but since I'm now divorcing after 10 yrs of marriage....well, like I said..it's good to be "home"......we'll leave it at that !..<sad smile>.....

OS Butch
01-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Welcome home, dude.

Back home for a year now.....good to be "home" but since I'm now divorcing after 10 yrs of marriage....well, like I said..it's good to be "home"......we'll leave it at that !..<sad smile>.....

OS Butch
01-29-2012, 04:28 PM
That sure isn't a nice commute! Welcome to the site and Virginia thread.

uniquetobeme
01-29-2012, 05:11 PM
That sure isn't a nice commute! Welcome to the site and Virginia thread.

It isn't. I don't usually mind. I jam to music and sing and hope like heck no one hears me in the cars next to me :cheesy:

Thank you for the welcome!

Countyfem
01-29-2012, 07:24 PM

Hello Darbonaire, my hometown is Roanoke! Although I now reside in NC, all my family lives up there (across the mt in Catawba) I often wonder if I should move "home" myself. I travel that way every three weeks or so, who knows maybe we'll run into each other someday..

OS Butch
02-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Good evening Virginians!

I am traveling to Hampton Virginia this coming weekend and I hear there is going to be a Drag Show at The County Grill on Saturday night. I haven't been to a drag show in years! They have a Face Book Page Country Grill Hampton!

midwest chick
02-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Sounds like fun!

and no drive at all for me (even better)

:balloon::blueheels::balloon:

OS Butch
02-13-2012, 06:41 AM
County Grill Hampton (https://www.facebook.com/pages/County-Grill-Hampton/172478282800421)

Winter is such a Drag...
Showtime starts at 10:00 PM
Saturday Feb 18th

I will have to take a nap during the day !

Sounds like fun!

and no drive at all for me (even better)

:balloon::blueheels::balloon:

Darbonaire
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Would love to meet you.....never can meet enough folks for coffee & chat, right? Let me know when you'll be back up this way....we can meet for a good cup of coffee perhaps !

Darbonaire
05-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks man...it's good to be home !

OS Butch
05-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I am going to Busboys and Poets in Shirlington with some friends on Saturday the 12th at 6pm. Anyone interested in joining us?

http://www.busboysandpoets.com/about/shirlington

Babyangeleyez
08-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Hello everybody! Not much action going on in the Virginia thread. Hope everyone has had a great summer. Feels like fall weather is moving in a little early here. I'm loving it!

nekohl
08-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello from SW VA.

It was a cool 79 degrees here today. I am so ready for fall to be here!

:)

OS Butch
08-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Hello everybody! Not much action going on in the Virginia thread. Hope everyone has had a great summer. Feels like fall weather is moving in a little early here. I'm loving it!

You are right. I know for myself, I have switched to using Facebook because it connects me to people I already know in real time. There are very few folks on my friends list that I haven't actually met. Of course, what it does is limit how to make new friends, good grief!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Babyangeleyez
08-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Here is the link to my FB..... https://www.facebook.com/lisa.nicholson.520 feel free to add me.

There has been some crazy weather here today. I was in Gainesville earlier today and it was pouring down rain. Get pass Fauquier county and it hasnt done anything. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

OS Butch
08-27-2012, 06:46 AM
I live in Northern Virginia. Is there any interest in starting an every other month dinner/ dessert/ coffee gathering? It sure would be nice to get local BF community going:)

lyric
11-01-2012, 05:05 PM
I live in Northern Virginia. Is there any interest in starting an every other month dinner/ dessert/ coffee gathering? It sure would be nice to get local BF community going:)

Yes!
I know at two months later, I'm a bit behind on the take here, but Toxic and I would love to get together and help be a part of a regular group doing something like this or more. I might have mentioned interest in this before, but life sort of stole the reigns from the want-to-do's for a while. We just moved to West Springfield a couple of weeks ago (love it out here!) so we're still not too far away from Alexandria, and we'd travel to other areas, too.
:)

Thanks for bringing this up again, and so sorry I was so slow to respond!

OS Butch
01-02-2013, 07:31 AM
January Women's Billards Party
January 5 (https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar/2013/January/5) at 7:00pm
Hard Times Cafe (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hard-Times-Cafe/113502795350770)
Germantown, Maryland

Four hours of billiards, a table full of munchies, and a private room to ourselves, full of women! $20/person, cash bar

I have attended this event in prior months and is a lesbian group with some of us Butchly sorts and Femmes in attendance. I hope to see some of you there:)

OS Butch
01-04-2013, 11:13 PM
January Women's Billards Party
January 5 (https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar/2013/January/5) at 7:00pm
Hard Times Cafe (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hard-Times-Cafe/113502795350770)
Germantown, Maryland

Four hours of billiards, a table full of munchies, and a private room to ourselves, full of women! $20/person, cash bar

I have attended this event in prior months and is a lesbian group with some of us Butchly sorts and Femmes in attendance. I hope to see some of you there:)

Anyone planning on attending?

WolfyOne
03-21-2014, 12:03 PM
Just moved to VA...in the Danville area
I'm staying with Sachita and working on the farm.
We took a short walk around some of her property today and it was breathtakingly beautiful.
There are over 30 dogs boarded here along with her mini pigs and chickens.
I actually collect a couple eggs over the last 2 days. Never have I been that up close to chickens before.
I'm looking forward to when the garden gets going, so I can learn about organic growing.

Anyone in the area that ever wants to hang out, let me know.

Jess
03-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Aloha Wolfy! Hearing from you made me check in with some of my VA friends on FB.... I often miss VA very much... caught this video made by some Richmonder's... a couple friends in it and lots of shots of very familiar places made me... well.. HAPPY!!

pWJsFb3JGfA&feature=share

ForeverMe
04-10-2014, 01:47 AM
Just moved to VA...in the Danville area
I'm staying with Sachita and working on the farm.
We took a short walk around some of her property today and it was breathtakingly beautiful.
There are over 30 dogs boarded here along with her mini pigs and chickens.
I actually collect a couple eggs over the last 2 days. Never have I been that up close to chickens before.
I'm looking forward to when the garden gets going, so I can learn about organic growing.

Anyone in the area that ever wants to hang out, let me know.

Where are you from WolfyOne ? Virginia is beautiful. I'm about 2 1/2 hours from you.

WolfyOne
04-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Where are you from WolfyOne ? Virginia is beautiful. I'm about 2 1/2 hours from you.

Born and raised in Chicago
Spent the last 6 years in OK

ForeverMe
05-17-2014, 04:48 PM
This thread needed a little bump. There has to be more people in VA. ;-)

lyric
05-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi ForeverMe! We're still here in NoVa. :)

uniquetobeme
05-18-2014, 05:53 PM
My GF and I live in Chantilly. My FB is https://www.facebook.com/becky.stone.3133

lyric
05-18-2014, 09:37 PM
My GF and I live in Chantilly. My FB is https://www.facebook.com/becky.stone.3133

You aren't too far from us! Did I see you say that you work in Annandale? We both work in Annandale, too, at a private school. I sent you a friend request on FB - I'm Sandy :)

candy_coated_bitch
05-18-2014, 11:00 PM
I just wanted to drop by with a total non sequitur: I keep reading the title of this thread as "Hello VAGINA Roll Call". Ahem.

Hello to all you good Virginia folks!

WolfyOne
05-20-2014, 05:04 PM
I just wanted to drop by with a total non sequitur: I keep reading the title of this thread as "Hello VAGINA Roll Call". Ahem.

Hello to all you good Virginia folks!

Why oh why of all people, does this not surprise me, lol...ummmm, I mean laughing at you, no, with you ;)

candy_coated_bitch
05-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Why oh why of all people, does this not surprise me, lol...ummmm, I mean laughing at you, no, with you ;)

Bwahaha!!! Yeah, not surprising at all really. Nor is the fact that you followed me in here to comment on it.

OS Butch
09-01-2014, 10:08 PM
It has been a very long time since I have popped in here. I am still in Alexandria. Busy working and sure would like to find folks to go out to dinner every now and then.

OSB

uniquetobeme
09-05-2014, 05:21 PM
We have been so busy and we're trying to be really frugal to pay off some debt, so...if anyone in Northern Virginia wants to get together together to do something inexpensive on a weekend, that would be nice.

WolfyOne
09-05-2014, 08:32 PM
I have to scoot my arse out of here because I am now in Raleigh

I just need to see if CCB came back here, she cracks me up, has for years

TenderButchDaddy
10-24-2014, 06:48 PM
I recently moved to Petersburg, Virginia. Wanting to meet some femmes and butches in the area.