PDA

View Full Version : morning ...

PurpleQuestions84
10-31-2012, 08:12 PM
what is your usual skin, makeup and hair routine ?
how long does it take you to finish ?
plz list products :)

Dance-with-me
10-31-2012, 08:34 PM
If you asked for a pre-date routine my answer would be very different, but I'm presuming you mean morning before work.

Makeup: None
Skin: Quick scrub/exfoliate in the shower, then moisturizer after, varies but usually Olay
Hair: Either wash (usually just conditioner or shampoo only at the roots), scrunch some product in it, then let the curls do their thing, with sometimes a minute or two of drying at the roots for increased volume, or if I don't wash it that day (can't wash it every day, dries out too much) I either mist it to revive the curls/waves, or use the curl brush to smooth it out. Products also vary - I'm still in search of a perfect hair product for my difficult hair, which is wavy/curly (which clearly I love to accentuate) but very fine and relatively thin, so I've not been able to find one that gives the perfect balance between creating volume or accentuating the curls without weighing it down too much.

So honestly, not including the shower, I put no more than 5 minutes into it.

Duchess
10-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Kiehl's skincare

Blue Herbal Cleanser
Blue Herbal Toner
Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate
Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Super Fluid spf 50
Cryste Marine Ultra Riche Moisturizer
Abyssine Eye Cream
Avocado Eye Cream
Eye Brightening Line Reducing Concentrate
Epidermal Retexturizing Microdermabrasion
Acne Blemish Control
Sodium PCA Moisturizer
Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque
Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub

PurpleQuestions84
10-31-2012, 09:06 PM
A.M (30 minutes)
face wash:
Cetaphil ...applied with face brush

vit C serum ( DIY )

Moisturize:
regenerist Regenerating Lotion with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum spf 50

Foundation :
MAC Studio tech (NC 50)

BLUSH :
BREEZY ( Tends to my everyday shade)

lipgloss:
nyx tan

eye shadow:
somekind of goldshimmer earthtones

eye liner :
L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Eyeliner, Carbon Black

mascara :
Volum' Express® Turbo Boost Washable Mascara

hair : (10-min)
i usually have extentions so i just take the rollers out hair spray (LOreal Elnett satin hairspray extra strong hair hold spray ) and finger comb

P.M (10-15)
Cetaphil ...applied with face brush

olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream
olayAge Defying Classic Eye Ge
l

A INTENSIVE FACE SCURB 2times A WEEK :
st.ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub followed with aloe gel

this is just my basic daytime routine

im going to start getting chemical peel 3 times a year when i turn 30

easygoingfemme
10-31-2012, 09:11 PM
I'll race Dance with me.
Um...
I shower, every morning.
Use Doc Bronners soap, usually peppermint, sometimes almond.
I too have the curly hair that thou shall not shampoo to excess. So sometimes I shampoo. Depends on what I've been up to. Usually it's a nice good rinse and get my fingers through it.
All done.
Towel down and sometimes put an anti-frizz thing in my hair if it's humid out.
I don't think I've worn make up since I was 16?
If I'm going to moisturize I use a vitamin E oil. Right now I have a nice one with some rose oil in it. It smells nice. I use that more in the cold months.
Fast and easy.
I spend MUCH more time in the morning enjoying a nice cup of black coffee and reading the morning news. That's the stuff that turns me into a nice person in the morning.

PurpleQuestions84
10-31-2012, 09:15 PM
ive always wanted to try Kiehl's... do they have good BB cream ?

Kiehl's skincare

Blue Herbal Cleanser
Blue Herbal Toner
Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate
Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Super Fluid spf 50
Cryste Marine Ultra Riche Moisturizer
Abyssine Eye Cream
Avocado Eye Cream
Eye Brightening Line Reducing Concentrate
Epidermal Retexturizing Microdermabrasion
Acne Blemish Control
Sodium PCA Moisturizer
Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque
Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub

laruss
10-31-2012, 09:23 PM
...from the time I wake.
I shower
Only shampoo and conditioner (changes regularly, but almost always a salon brand), I do not use a body wash. I will use shampoo on my skin if I need something, but typically I am a water only person in the shower.
Get out and always lotion my body.
I use an Olay body lotion.
I only use Mac cosmetics, but typically only eyeliner unless I am dressing up.
Mousse my hair with (depends), right now Tresomme for curly hair. I only scrunch and go. Drives my hairdresser crazy as I won't still still for him to blow dry and fuss with it.
Lotion my face with Covergirl, can't remember which one right now.
Get dressed and I am out of the house.

My brother told me about Mac cosmetics, he is a dancer and it is the only brand he will use. I have always been happy with them.

Soft*Silver
10-31-2012, 09:27 PM
my hair is cut like Shane's from the L Word so its a simple wash and finger dry.

I wash my face in the shower, moisturize when I get out. Make up takes maybe 5 minutes.

I take very little time to get ready in the AM or to go out. Now chrissy? I cant get him to brush his own hair without me telling him to do so. LOL. He is ready if he has clothes on. Absolutely no maintenance...except when he is in femme clothes...then its a long process and I get to sit and watch.... :)

Gráinne
10-31-2012, 09:35 PM
A.M.

Shower: Paris Amour shower gel and lotion, old-fashioned and cheap Johnson's Baby Shampoo. If I've been swimming, I'll use a leave-in conditioner from the hairdressers.

Skin: I use Clinique cleanser with one of those little brushes in the shower, then toner, moisturizer, and age defier ;).

Moisturize all over with Paris Amour body lotion.

A gel called Rewind for my hair, just tousle it up a bit and done! Of course, for a date I go all out with curling iron and spray, and a shiner. In fact, sometimes I do just that for any day!

Time: about 30 minutes

P.M.

I'll often shower sometime in the evening, even if I have a lot of work to do. Sometimes, this is when I wash my hair to save time in the morning.

Same Clinique routine except I add an eye and night cream.

Ginger
10-31-2012, 09:46 PM
What a sexy thread.

Ginger
10-31-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't have a very complicated routine.

I swig some filtered water right away in the morning, then slowly sip my coffee, which I sit with for about 25 minutes, watching the news and slowly waking up.

Next I shower, using some mild soap, but I'm not picky.

I'm much more picky about hair products and alternate Aveda and Goldwell shampoos, then apply Aveda damage remedy conditioner. After towel-drying my hair, I use one of three Aveda leave-in products: daily hair repair; smooth infusion, and light elements smoothing fluid.

Sometimes, to give just the ends of the layers a cohesive curl, I use Aveda light elements detailing mist wax. I never use products with alcohol in them. My hair is thick, but fine, and naturally wavy. It's easy to shape and I keep it cut in layers so it doesn't look too "big," and use products that sort of smooth it down.

Oh, to back up a little, I wash my face every night with Clinique exfoliating scrub and use a good hydrating Estee Lauder moisturizer—I try different ones all the time and apply them with a little palette knife (very dull, of course), so I don't get oil from my fingers in the jar.

And getting back to the morning routine—after it's had a few minutes to dry, I blow dry my hair and watch the clock: I keep it under seven minutes. I clip the hair at the top of my head, do the lower layers, then unclip the top knot and do those top layers. I roll it on the brush, apply the heat then let it cool on the brush for a few seconds; it's the cooling that holds the shape.

For my face in the morning, I use a high SPF sunscreen, then an Estee Lauder moisturizer, then an Estee Lauder liquid foundation and sometimes a Mac shaker-top loose powder. I use Mac eye shadows, and just cheap Revlon mascara; brown-black, water resistant.

I apply it all pretty swiftly; I never needed to use an eyelash curler and I don't use eye liner or anything I can't swipe on fast.

I used to go to Sephora for makeup but I find the women who work the cosmetic counters at Bigalow's, an old drug store in the West Village, much more knowledgeable. I've gotten good lipsticks from them, the latest of which are Clarins Paris, shades of pink and melon, though I usually go for reds.

I also recently picked up a tube of ruby "armour" lip gloss with a sponge applicator at the fancy place where I get my hair cut—my stylist left the old place for the fancy one and I followed her; they let her charge me the old price, so I feel sort of like a scholarship student at an elite private school. They bring me my own little french press coffee urn with a china cup and saucer on a silver tray, or champagne, or ice water in a crystal glass—but I digress, sigh. (I love to be spoiled, and sometimes at night, I sit brushing my hair while I watch TV; it's just so comforting and I hold a lot of tension in my scalp.)

I guess the whole ritual is kind of comforting.

Duchess
11-01-2012, 12:15 AM
ive always wanted to try Kiehl's... do they have good BB cream ?

Kiehl's, so far, only has a tinted moisturizer. I love the line. Everything I use on my face, no matter what mood my skin is in, is Kiehl's.:)

Arwen
11-01-2012, 12:28 AM
LOL

No makeup usually (I am wearing eye makeup and lipstick in my avatar photo but no base)

Might do lip gloss (Burt's Bees Fig) if I'm thinking about it.
Glycerin soap
Conditioner always
shampoo every 2 days or so (yep, I've got dem curly locks)
No dryer touches my hair unless it's an emergency (yes I go to work w/ wet hair)
I do switch between gels. 1 day w/ a new pudding I found, next day the stuff my hairdresser gave me, 1 day nothing
Brush my teeth and out the door.

I am very low maintenance. Very. Like I had to ask Dusa for help doing my make up two years ago (or was that three) because I didn't know how to put all the stuff (I bought some of that mineral stuff) on.

True story. I'll be 52 in five months and most people don't believe me.

I'm very fussy about my hair.

Night time I put on "That Dragonfly Stuff" on my feet and throw on spa socks. Then I use my new love the Artica Rosa Eyecream from Kiehl's (hello Duchess! I adore this stuff) and go to sleep.

Did I mention low maintenance?

~ocean
11-01-2012, 04:58 AM
good morning ~ clean skin ~ paul mitchel, hair producs ~ oil o' lay skin ~ mascara, lip glosss ~ done

Prudence
11-01-2012, 06:30 AM
I use all natural products for cleaning my skin. A dampened cotton ball with olive oil to remove make up. I wash with Plain Yogurt and follow that with a brown sugar scrub. If its morning I follow that with sunscreen. If its bedtime, with olive oil. I like the Physicians Line of make up. Eyeshadows very. I have been with this routine since I was in my early 20s. When others try to guess my age they miss it by 10-12 years. So does the guy at the fair. I always walk out with a stuffed animal.

willow
11-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Bubble bath every morning but I'm pretty much in and out week days unless up before my alarm. No additional soap or cleansers, just the bubbles. Weekends, I'll soak foreveeeeer. Moisturising from head to toe as soon as I'm out. Sometimes I take a longer bubble bath in the evening if I feel the need to unwind.

Hair washed every day and light conditioner on the ends. I use a hand held shower head while still in the bath. Always blow dry my hair and sometimes straighten it if I'm in the mood. Products vary, I pretty much go with what smells the yummiest and is on special offer.

Every day makeup is neutral shadow, mascara, natural lip gloss or fairly subdued lipstick. More if I'm going somewhere special or for evenings out. Then I'll add a light foundation, eye liner, blush and probably use stronger colours. Again brands vary. My current favourite eye make up is Bourjois.

My routine takes around 40 minutes but I can be out the door in 20 if it is a case of life or death!

girl_dee
11-01-2012, 08:56 AM
usually hair up in a pony tail and i hit the door.

no make up if i had a rough night maybe some concealer.

That's it, no fuss no muss.

i am sure it would improve my appearance but i feel like i have retired from the days of high femme.

funkyfemme
11-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I just don't have the patience anymore. I can go from shower to out-the-door in 30 minutes flat.

Facial scrub, shampoo, body wash - in that order. Right out of the shower I lotion from head to toe. Sling on facial moisturizer, coverup, powder, mascara and some color on the lips. You will almost NEVER find me w/o lipstick. There's just something about that dry feeling on naked lips that I cannot stand. Weird, I know.

Mousse the hair, blow it dry, finger it with pomade. Done!

No products worth mentioning really. I'm a low budget ho. :|

Ginger
11-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I just don't have the patience anymore. I can go from shower to out-the-door in 30 minutes flat.

Facial scrub, shampoo, body wash - in that order. Right out of the shower I lotion from head to toe. Sling on facial moisturizer, coverup, powder, mascara and some color on the lips. You will almost NEVER find me w/o lipstick. There's just something about that dry feeling on naked lips that I cannot stand. Weird, I know.

Mousse the hair, blow it dry, finger it with pomade. Done!

No products worth mentioning really. I'm a low budget ho. :|

I hear you. I can be out the door in half an hour or less. It sounds like I do a lot but it's fast. And I do use expensive products but I alternate with less expensive ones. I never thought of myself as high maintenance or high femme. I love to camp and I'm not whiny about not having hot water etc., and I don't pack a suitcase full of shoes—in fact I always just take carry-on and a small bag no matter where I go or for how long.

willow
11-01-2012, 12:04 PM
I hear you. I can be out the door in half an hour or less. It sounds like I do a lot but it's fast. And I do use expensive products but I alternate with less expensive ones. I never thought of myself as high maintenance or high femme. I love to camp and I'm not whiny about not having hot water etc., and I don't pack a suitcase full of shoes—in fact I always just take carry-on and a small bag no matter where I go or for how long.

High femme does not automatically equal high maintenance. Although I suppose that depends on your definition of high maintenance. I did say I can be out the door in 20min if it's life or death but you know, not really ;) If for whatever reason I can not have a bubble bath and wash my hair, such as when my boiler was out of action for a week last winter or when the power has been out, a spit wash and quick comb will suffice. Pouting? Possibly (read:definitely), but no tantrums or histrionics. And my love of shoes does not stretch to paying for extra baggage allowance. Ever.

Gemme
11-01-2012, 10:33 PM
In the morning, I eat breakfast, brush the ole snapturtles and pop in the shower. I use body wash in differing scents. Whatever appeals to me at the time of purchase. Currently, I am using Caress' Passionate Spell, which smells remarkably like Bath & Body Works' Black Amethyst. Both are kind of dark and musky and a little on the heavy side so I've begun pairing them when I'm going out or on an off day. Work days don't get any additional smells, as I feel it's wasteful.

I use Aveeno products because they are gentle. My skin is irritable. My make up is usually Cover Girl or Revlon...something easy. I use eye shadow, brow pencil and lip stain daily.

My mom used to say that I have the pokey puppy gene. It always takes me longer than anyone else to do the exact same thing. All bathroom activities take me about an hour.

cinnamongrrl
11-02-2012, 08:40 AM
I don't feel like a real girl :(.... I only moisturize at night with Nivea for my face...and I use baby oil at night on my legs and arms....and vaseline for my feets....that's it :| Oh and chapstick in the winter....

Teddybear
11-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't feel like a real girl :(.... I only moisturize at night with Nivea for my face...and I use baby oil at night on my legs and arms....and vaseline for my feets....that's it :| Oh and chapstick in the winter....

Baby

Ur beautiful and ARE a real girl. U have that natural beauty. Imho u need nothing to enhance that

Gemme
11-02-2012, 11:01 AM

To me, that's equivalent to saying you aren't femme enough and that's hogwash!

Everyone has a different routine. Some use more, some use less. Some are lucky enough to look just as good with very little product or nothing at all as others are with a lot. Some use more out of necessity and others use more out of pure desire. Same with less.

We'll have none of this talk here, missy!

*stern face*

chefhmboyrd
11-02-2012, 11:07 AM
i have a routine for my face...
olay regenerist face cleanser/scrub
then clearasil pad
then mary kay red mixed with gillette after shave gel into an emulsion

this keeps the puppy face clean, pimple free, and moist.

Kätzchen
11-02-2012, 01:24 PM
My morning activities are sometimes an affair that begins in early afternoon. I just depends on whether my day is a day off or if I'm going to work or if I have other items on the menu for my day.

First thing I do when I rise from sleep is to rush to the bathroom and go pee, then brush my teeth, find out in the mirror what my hair looks like, then either do something about it or leave it alone.

Second thing I do is: make coffee.

Third: read the news (ie: check email, read news blogs and if I have time, I come here to read too).

Fourth: The 'morning routine':
I'm a bath girl in the morning (usually) and a shower girl in the evening. Sometimes when I take a bath in the evening - it's for relaxation: lots of mineral salts scented in beautiful flavors (coconut is my favorite) and I like the water to be steaming hot so I can enjoy a very long soak while I read a good book or just lay in the water and close my eyes while I lay awash in the bath waters.

Fifth: The face and hair routine:
My hair: It is longer than it has been in years and I tend to use shampoos to wash my hair that will help it be clean and sparkly. I keep a vast assortment of shampoo on hand because I never use the same kind on a day-to-day basis. I condition my hair once a week and that process takes about a half hour. My hair is curly and silky fine, so conditioning my hair too often is not a good thing, in my case. (Examples of shampoo brands: Aveda, Paul Mitchell, Bumble & Bumble to Breck or VO-5 to specially made shampoo products by MOP or Aubrey to shampoos I buy at Escentials, down in the Hawthorne dist - fav there is Dragon's Blood scented, shea butter, shampoo).

My skin routine varies: I always use a heavy shea butter cream for my face lately - I think I started doing that about 3 years ago. I used to do a Noxema cream facial once a week and nowadays I do that about once a month. Once a week, I cleanse my face with an organic apple cider emulsion. Sometimes I extend the apple cider application to other parts of my body too, especially a foot soak when I do my own pedicure (once a month).

Makeup: I wear makeup daily, but not to bed; though I have gone to bed with my makeup still on. I love makeup. It's on my face in beautiful ways and the days I don't wear makeup would probably be if I was on a vacation out in the woods. Other than that, a person usually sees me with some sort of makeup application on my face. And, I use a variety of makeup and lip products. (Examples of brands: MAC, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Bare Minerals, Cover Girl, Physicians Formula, Lancome, Kiss of Color, etc).
Generally, it takes me about two hours to make a presentable appearance for the day.
On other days, it might only take about half an hour. :tease:

willow
11-02-2012, 01:46 PM
To me, that's equivalent to saying you aren't femme enough and that's hogwash!

Everyone has a different routine. Some use more, some use less. Some are lucky enough to look just as good with very little product or nothing at all as others are with a lot. Some use more out of necessity and others use more out of pure desire. Same with less.

We'll have none of this talk here, missy!

*stern face*

Exactly! Whatever makes you feel good is what is right for you. We all have different wants, desires and priorities. In everything not just our morning routines. (f)

*narrowed eyes over my reading glasses* Now you know you are in trouble! lol

Ginger
11-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Baby

Ur beautiful and ARE a real girl. U have that natural beauty. Imho u need nothing to enhance that

It's beautiful what you said Teddy, to cinnamongrrl. I was going to say something but your words are so much better.