PDA

View Full Version : BFP Buy and Sell thread!

girl_dee
11-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone!

i know that we have some talented folks here on the Planet, and with Admins permission i'd like to start a thread for folks to use when considering things they need or gifts in the spirit of supporting our own community. :eyebat:

i sell my Photography here.. www.ATW-photo.com.

Thank you for those who have purchased my Artwork! It allows me to get the necessary tools to keep doing what i love!

i also sell my crochet things here... :knitgirl:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/edit/a.504854846205089.120523.100000417343412/

We sell our home made jams/jellies but are unable to ship them. Some of you got some at the Reunion and i hope you are enjoying them!

So what do you want to buy/sell ???? :thinking:

Disclaimer: This thread is approved by the Owners of BFP but are not responsible for incomplete transactions, unsatisfied customers. Buy and sell at your own risk. Please do not post your payment or personal information and use caution when giving this information out.

ahk
11-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I sell dog treats.
Baked, organic, made to order.

sweet potato treats. chicken treats. peanut butter treats. bacon treats.

all dog approved by z,b,h.

girl_dee
11-10-2012, 07:00 PM
You're kidding me! That's awesome. Do you have a website?

little_ms_sunshyne
11-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Dee what beautiful sights your eyes have seen!!! Wow! Those are some breathtaking pictures. Very talented.

girl_dee
11-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Dee what beautiful sights your eyes have seen!!! Wow! Those are some breathtaking pictures. Very talented.

Thank you :blush:

ahk
11-10-2012, 08:04 PM
You're kidding me! That's awesome. Do you have a website?

I don't have a website. Should I?

I normally just sell to friend or friends of friends-- and sometimes give as gifts. My pups are mostly the lucky winners of feasts.

I could post of things I make---

Also, I have never shipped out before-- how would I include shipping costs in prices? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Corkey
11-10-2012, 08:07 PM

I normally just sell to friend or friends of friends-- and sometimes give as gifts. My pups are mostly the lucky winners of feasts.

Also, I have never shipped out before-- how would I include shipping costs in prices? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Shipping costs are generally per ounces. USPS has the different sized boxes, if it fits it ships for the price the box is. So depending on how much you ship is the per box cost.

girl_dee
11-10-2012, 08:22 PM

Thanks.

Yes and here, the smaller the package the less it cost.

The only treats i've ever baked are peanut butter cookies for my pups.

i'd much rather buy them!

Also if you use Facebook it's a great, free marketing tool

TickledPink
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Go to www.usps.com, sign up for a free business account. They will send you all the free boxes you want! If it fits, it ships! Bill your shipping to your customer. Win/Win!

Oh, and my shop is DomesticDiva. I am local for now but will be putting my website up soon as well as Etsy! You can find me now on Facebook.

I upcycle/repurpose antique and retro items, decoupage, photo preservation, etc..... The most popular item right now are the custom dog leash holders! I just finished an order for 18! :) Yayyyy!!!

sis
11-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I would be interested in buying dog treats ..... do you do PayPal??

Deb

ahk
11-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Holy Dawg-- who knew that so many would be interested.

So thank you to everyone for putting up shipping costs/ideas, I really appreciate it, greatly.

I am in the middle of putting together an ETSY acct so I don't have to deal with Paypal and such. Give a me a few days and I'll post my linkage.

Dee-- Thanks for putting this thread together.

girl_dee
11-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Go to www.usps.com, sign up for a free business account. They will send you all the free boxes you want! If it fits, it ships! Bill your shipping to your customer. Win/Win!

Oh, and my shop is DomesticDiva. I am local for now but will be putting my website up soon as well as Etsy! You can find me now on Facebook.

I upcycle/repurpose antique and retro items, decoupage, photo preservation, etc..... The most popular item right now are the custom dog leash holders! I just finished an order for 18! :) Yayyyy!!!

How cool is this!

Can you post a pic of your items??

girl_dee
11-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Holy Dawg-- who knew that so many would be interested.

So thank you to everyone for putting up shipping costs/ideas, I really appreciate it, greatly.

I am in the middle of putting together an ETSY acct so I don't have to deal with Paypal and such. Give a me a few days and I'll post my linkage.

Dee-- Thanks for putting this thread together.

Your welcome! i would love to get things from my community members rather than Wal Mart when considering gifts or even items for the house!

Thank you!

spritzerJ
11-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Thank you girl_dee for creating this thread. It is wonderful to see what members are making and selling. I love to shop local and handmade when I can.

I make and sell jams and jellies. This is a new venture for me. And I still have many questions about shipping. It would be affordable for folks if I find the right flat rate boxes. Jars are just heavy.

Parker
11-11-2012, 11:23 AM
i also sell my crochet things here... :knitgirl:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/edit/a.504854846205089.120523.100000417343412/

I love crocheted items & wanted to check yours out, but the above link is broken - it takes me to a blank page on FB :(

girl_dee
11-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Thank you girl_dee for creating this thread. It is wonderful to see what members are making and selling. I love to shop local and handmade when I can.

I make and sell jams and jellies. This is a new venture for me. And I still have many questions about shipping. It would be affordable for folks if I find the right flat rate boxes. Jars are just heavy.

Yes this is my issue too. i did mail a scarf with a jar of jam in it and it made it fine but i am sure the shipping was over 12.00 and what a chance it took!

Also the rules are iffy about shipping jam over the border. Being in Canada and most everyone i know is in the US, i have to ship over the border. So i took a chance, and i had to say it was a real heavy scarf. :|

They could have seized it because if x-rayed jars look like bombs.

Poor Strawberry rhubarb jam could have caused an international crisis.

girl_dee
11-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I love crocheted items & wanted to check yours out, but the above link is broken - it takes me to a blank page on FB :(

Thank you and i keep hearing that, please see if this one works!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.504854846205089.120523.100000417343412&type=1&l=8c97010745

spritzerJ
11-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes this is my issue too. i did mail a scarf with a jar of jam in it and it made it fine but i am sure the shipping was over 12.00 and what a chance it took!

Also the rules are iffy about shipping jam over the border. Being in Canada and most everyone i know is in the US, i have to ship over the border. So i took a chance, and i had to say it was a real heavy scarf. :|

They could have seized it because if x-rayed jars look like bombs.

Poor Strawberry rhubarb jam could have caused an international crisis.

The shipping canned food thing is where I wonder if flat rate boxes could help. I have some nice packing materials. I've been saving. ;) Mostly I realize jam not so popular. Which is just fine.

Parker
11-11-2012, 03:33 PM
I try to use flat rate boxes for all of my shipping because then no matter how heavy it is or how far it is going, I pay just the flat rate for the box. I also love that the USPS will deliver flat rate boxes to me for free, I can buy postage online and print it out here at my desk, and I can sign up online to have my postal carrier pick up my boxes for free so I dont have to go to the PO at all. :)

During last year's holiday season, I wanted to send my mom and sister some of my favorite wine made here in WA - I did pretty much what -this site (http://www.foodinjars.com/2010/10/canning-101-how-to-pack-jars-for-shipping/)- shows how to ship jars of stuff when I shipped them each a bottle or 2 in flat rate boxes.

I also made dog cookies several months ago and sent them to my sister, my mom, and my brother and his family and when I did, I used flat rate boxes to send them.

I know that dee has other things to worry about besides flat rate boxes and bubble wrap, but at least there is a way if there is a will for those in the states looking to ship jars of whatever to each other. :winky:

OH, I almost forgot - the USPS also has what they call regional boxes, which are sometimes cheaper than flat rate and are used for sending in the same region, like 2 cities in the same state, etc - something else to look into. :)

Parker
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Thank you and i keep hearing that, please see if this one works!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.504854846205089.120523.100000417343412&type=1&l=8c97010745

It worked! I love those - they look very warm and comfy. :)

Like I said, I love crocheted things - my g-ma back in the day taught me how to crochet and I never stuck with it, but I still love it all -- when a friend had brain surgery a few years ago and had no hair, I ran to eBay and bought a bunch of little crocheted hats for her bald head because it can be cold outside when you have no hair ... plus, she's a femme and really missed her hair :( but the little hats made her feel better and pretty - hair or no hair :)

Parker
11-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I just saw on Facebook that it has a new app called EasySocialShop, which lets you "turn your online store into a Facebook store" and you can sell stuff on FB. :)

ahk
11-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Anyone interested in dog treats -- just PM me.

Thanks.

girl_dee
11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189012_334379116660776_1066400710_n.jpg

girl_dee
11-12-2012, 01:24 PM
i sold this scarf!

thank you!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/r90/254280_504855179538389_478935597_n.jpg

Sachita
11-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Before hanging a shingle selling food items be sure to check the laws about this. Know what your risk and liability is especially shipping to another state or especially another country. There are low risk and high risk foods. Just this year there are new bills on the table concerning this. Imagine if one of your products made a human or dog sick simply by mistake?

Just check. This is what I do. I work with farmers and people in agricultural. Tax wise farms or home producers are entitled to sell a certain amount because hitting a tax bracket or having to apply for USDA inspections. Know what YOUR laws are.

You may want to think about bartering. This reduces your liability.

girl_dee
11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Before hanging a shingle selling food items be sure to check the laws about this. Know what your risk and liability is especially shipping to another state or especially another country. There are low risk and high risk foods. Just this year there are new bills on the table concerning this. Imagine if one of your products made a human or dog sick simply by mistake?

Just check. This is what I do. I work with farmers and people in agricultural. Tax wise farms or home producers are entitled to sell a certain amount because hitting a tax bracket or having to apply for USDA inspections. Know what YOUR laws are.

You may want to think about bartering. This reduces your liability.

As for me, i'm certified. :)

Sachita
11-12-2012, 02:21 PM
As for me, i'm certified. :)

In the states in order for any producer to sell canned goods to the general public it must be prepared in a certified kitchen. These kitchens are inspected. You can contact your local extension office or even local usda branches to see which kitchens are inspected and that rent out the kitchen for prepared food. It doesn't have to be scary at all. They may even already have a group where you all come together and rent the space and can together.

So if you have love for cooking and preserving this is actually a great way to make extra cash. With a few simple steps you can sell your food items in stores, markets and all kinds of places.

girl_dee
11-18-2012, 06:48 AM
i am crocheting for a few Christmas gifts this year.

i still love selling stuff i make, it's really no profit but i so enjoy it.

Glenn
11-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Wanted To Buy: A pair of pot-holders. I always forget them when I'm at the store. Dang it!

Daywalker
11-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Great Ideas come in Festive Packages

:coffee:

:daywalker:

girl_dee
11-18-2012, 02:37 PM
do they? .....

girl_dee
12-04-2012, 01:22 PM
i sold an orange scarf so i am happy!

$15.00 worth of happiness and more for my Reunion fund!

girl_dee
12-15-2012, 08:44 PM
finished this one yesterday !

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/528293_522223144468259_532662448_n.jpg

girl_dee
12-18-2012, 10:54 AM
and now this one. i'm bringing my work to the clinic in hopes someone wants one for a last minute gift!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/34690_524110604279513_1196424550_n.jpg

Gemme
12-18-2012, 11:46 AM
and now this one. i'm bringing my work to the clinic in hopes someone wants one for a last minute gift!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/34690_524110604279513_1196424550_n.jpg

This one is beautiful, dee! It's probably my favorite of what I've seen you do.

Nomad
12-18-2012, 11:55 AM

---WANT---!!!

girl_dee
12-18-2012, 01:23 PM
---WANT---!!!

OMG i just sold it. :(

i'll look into finding the yarn and making you a new one.

Sorry :(

cinnamongrrl
12-18-2012, 01:32 PM
i sold this scarf!

thank you!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/r90/254280_504855179538389_478935597_n.jpg

Is this scarf crocheted?? It's gorgeous. I always thought I'd have to learn to knit to make scarves that nice. I'd LOVE the pattern if you're willing to share? :)

:rrose:

girl_dee
12-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Is this scarf crocheted?? It's gorgeous. I always thought I'd have to learn to knit to make scarves that nice. I'd LOVE the pattern if you're willing to share? :)

:rrose:

yes it's crocheted, sort of and of course i will share!

its something i learned called *tunisian crochet*, It's part crochet and part knitting. i promise that if you try it, you will LOVE IT!!! i learned from you tube so check it out.

The needle is a crochet hook with a stopper, so you can load your stitches onto the needle, like knitting. The steps are basically loading the stitches
then back pass unloads them.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-lEDd2AQthFQ/TpyB0sGwQ9I/AAAAAAAAKHM/nyxGeInWLCk/IMGP3671%252520edit_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgma x=800

This is a picture of a scarf in progress.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7044/7132040059_3943fef94d_z.jpg

i love that one skein makes a scarf and i can take it with me when i am out and about!

cinnamongrrl
01-06-2013, 07:34 PM
yes it's crocheted, sort of and of course i will share!

its something i learned called *tunisian crochet*, It's part crochet and part knitting. i promise that if you try it, you will LOVE IT!!! i learned from you tube so check it out.

The needle is a crochet hook with a stopper, so you can load your stitches onto the needle, like knitting. The steps are basically loading the stitches
then back pass unloads them.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-lEDd2AQthFQ/TpyB0sGwQ9I/AAAAAAAAKHM/nyxGeInWLCk/IMGP3671%252520edit_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgma x=800

This is a picture of a scarf in progress.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7044/7132040059_3943fef94d_z.jpg

i love that one skein makes a scarf and i can take it with me when i am out and about!

I will definitely look into it after my eye surgery heals! Such a gorgeous stitch it makes... I'm looking to take up knitting...I just have to make time to get to the class... :)

Thanks so much for sharing! You do amazing work!

girl_dee
01-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Thank you to those who bought some of my things! i love being able to support my addiction and share things i love to make with others!

femm_cb
05-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I sell dog treats.
Baked, organic, made to order.

sweet potato treats. chicken treats. peanut butter treats. bacon treats.

all dog approved by z,b,h.

I would much rather my dogs have organic then store bought

femm_cb
05-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone!

i know that we have some talented folks here on the Planet, and with Admins permission i'd like to start a thread for folks to use when considering things they need or gifts in the spirit of supporting our own community. :eyebat:

i sell my Photography here.. www.ATW-photo.com.

Thank you for those who have purchased my Artwork! It allows me to get the necessary tools to keep doing what i love!

We sell our home made jams/jellies but are unable to ship them. Some of you got some at the Reunion and i hope you are enjoying them!

So what do you want to buy/sell ???? :thinking:

Disclaimer: This thread is approved by the Owners of BFP but are not responsible for incomplete transactions, unsatisfied customers. Buy and sell at your own risk. Please do not post your payment or personal information and use caution when giving this information out.

I just sent you an email - I am looking for some art work for my office. Your pictures are just simply beautiful

JDeere
09-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Bumping this thread. Can we sell like clothes and stuff on here or is it just for homemade goods?