PDA

View Full Version : Missing Plugins for Chat

Virago
11-28-2012, 01:03 AM
All of a sudden I can't get into chat. I keep getting a message saying that, "Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page."
I download the plugin and still no success. I restarted my computer and nothing. Downloaded again, and nothing. Help?

Virago
11-29-2012, 05:15 PM
bumping this thread, hoping someone who can help me sees it :seeingstars:

Virago
11-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Thanks Jack

I uninstalled anything I had associated with Java and then reinstalled, still wasn't successful.
Uninstalled again and again reinstalled. And finally it works. :)

Thank you!

As a coffee addict I'm so disappointed that anything named Java would treat me this cruelly. lol I'm going back to motorcycles. Something I understand. lol

MarquisdeShey
12-01-2012, 08:35 PM
so... how do you uninstall old java script? apparently hitting the "uninstall" button is not enough. It always stops at "this action has been interrupted please try again later" and it claims to be a corrupt file.

SmittenKitten
01-02-2013, 10:41 PM
I can't access chat at all - it opens a new window, but the window hangs as a blank window. No comment about missing plug-in, java, etc. BUT is also states 0 people in chat. Perhaps it's an issue with the chat function?

Does anyone know? I will try making certain I have the most up to date Java, etc. Thanks in advance!!!!

Linus
01-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Sometimes Java installs well on one browser but not the other. It may be worthwhile to try a different browser as that sometimes resolves the issue.

Virago
01-03-2013, 12:38 AM
so... how do you uninstall old java script? apparently hitting the "uninstall" button is not enough. It always stops at "this action has been interrupted please try again later" and it claims to be a corrupt file.

I went into my Control Panel and uninstalled from there. Then reinstalled

Linus
01-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Also, keep in mind this is not java script. It's just java. These are two different things. Javascript is a scripting language that is used for quick features on a webpage while java is a full programming language.

If it is javascript that you are trying to uninstall, that is the wrong one. This should be java or specifically the Java Runtime Environment (or JRE).

rocky 781
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
I have installed uninstalled jave and I still can't get into chat HELP PLEASE:firetruck::firetruck::firetruck::firetruck:

rocky 781
01-03-2013, 10:09 PM
I also get the plug in message
:cigar2::cigar2::cigar2::cigar2:

Virago
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
I also get the plug in message
:cigar2::cigar2::cigar2::cigar2:

Rocky, have you gone to your control panel and uninstalled?

Bad_boi
01-16-2013, 12:27 AM
I have this issue. Crome lets me use the old plugin so I can use chat tho.

Nadeest
01-19-2013, 06:50 AM
It appears that the list of possible avatars is no longer available, in the chatroom. Was this deliberate, or is there a screwup in the system, somewhere?

Admin
01-19-2013, 07:06 AM
When the chatroom auto-renewed, it renewed at a lower package than what we had last year and that lower package does not include avatars.

I have opened a ticket with the company to get this corrected.

FtMGuy
01-30-2013, 02:59 AM
yikes!! help me, I have installed and reinstalled java 2X's ,I could get into chat yeterday but not in the floating chat now only the floating chat window appears but does not open, its just a empty box nothing happens any ideas? greatly appreciated

Kent
01-30-2013, 06:08 AM
yikes!! help me, I have installed and reinstalled java 2X's ,I could get into chat yeterday but not in the floating chat now only the floating chat window appears but does not open, its just a empty box nothing happens any ideas? greatly appreciated

Guy, try just the regular chat.. not floating..maybe?

Kent
01-30-2013, 06:09 AM
I have installed uninstalled jave and I still can't get into chat HELP PLEASE:firetruck::firetruck::firetruck::firetruck:

Rocky,.. try the regular chat, not floating.. Hope this helps you..

Linus
01-30-2013, 06:39 AM

Guy, if you right click somewhere on the page and hit refresh, it should get you in. It also maybe that you aren't waiting long enough for the chat page to load (I found that a bit last night if I waited an extra 10-20 seconds it would appear).

FtMGuy
01-30-2013, 08:06 AM
just last night this happened but there is no options anymore on my site, just to click on chat no pull down for chat at all no options to see who is chatting or to float or use the same windo, just click on the link and it brings up the floating chat but no access, I left the floating window open for 10 mins +

Linus
01-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Can you log out, clear all cookies and try again. If that doesn't work, can you try a different browser?

Daktari
01-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks so much for all you're doing Linus. I'm not having a problem getting into chat or anything like that. However, do you know if the 'Who's chatting' function can be restored at some point in the future? :chaplin:

FtMGuy
01-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Thanks Linus, will give that a try, I appreciatie all your time and work you put in to this site ! Thanks!
Also Princess suggested I used the chat window on the home page that does get me in to the chat room but not in the floating chat which I like better because I can adjust the size better
will keep trying though!
Mike

Can you log out, clear all cookies and try again. If that doesn't work, can you try a different browser?

Linus
01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks so much for all you're doing Linus. I'm not having a problem getting into chat or anything like that. However, do you know if the 'Who's chatting' function can be restored at some point in the future? :chaplin:
As posted elsewhere, we're working on it.

Daktari
01-30-2013, 09:47 AM
As posted elsewhere, we're working on it.

Sorry Linus, haven't seen it elsewhere about this particular function. Apologies for repeating. :chaplin:

DaddyNik12
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
why is the chat room so huge when you enter in there ? :?

Medusa
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
:praying:

We are working on the chat room. We have been for the last several days. We have posted about it several times on the forums and I have gone into chat to spread the word several times.

There are going to be kinks while we work on it so please just bear with us for a bit!

DaddyNik12
01-30-2013, 01:44 PM
thanks medusa :) I havent been on much the past few days and was aware
good luck !

DaddyNik12

JustBeingMe
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
If you are experiencing trouble getting into the chat room from the main bfp page and clicking on chat, you may have to click on a forum then click on chat. that is how I got in today as they are working on the chat issues. So, try that and see if it works until everything is fixed as much as it can be.