PDA

View Full Version : Thanking Posts?

Girl_On_Fire
01-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Hello. I notice when people 'thank' my posts, they can write me little messages. How do you do that? I know how to hit the 'thank you' button but don't know how to add a comment.

Gráinne
01-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Hello. I notice when people 'thank' my posts, they can write me little messages. How do you do that? I know how to hit the 'thank you' button but don't know how to add a comment.

At the bottom left of your posts (or any posts) is a little icon that looks like a set of scales. Click on that to bring up a window where you can leave a message (and you give thanks at the same time).

You can then hit the "thanks" button, but you can't hit "thanks" first, then leave the message.

Parker
01-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Click on the little scales and a pop-up will allow you to leave a message. Keep in mind that if you hit the "thanks" button first, it will not allow you to do this, so hit the scales button before hitting the "thanks" button if you want to leave a private note as well as a public thanks. :)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/282982_10101039703018840_1408291368_n.jpg

Ginger
01-01-2013, 10:22 PM

Well, first you click on that little snowflake-looking thing next to the green button.

A pop-up window will appear, and you can type your message to that person, in the window.

Then click okay or something, I forget,

and then, last of all, you can "thank" the post, but if you start with thanking the post, you can't write the little note.

(Hope this makes sense...)

clay
01-01-2013, 10:41 PM
ETA: IF you click the "thanks" button on far right hand bottom, BUT want to leave a User Rep note...look on bottom left of post, click on "remove your thanks"...then click on gray scales, leave a message, then go do the thanks on far right....:).
PS To check YOUR own user rep notes, click on user CP on top left of green bar, scroll down...you can have up to 25 per page..once the page is filled with more than 25, the older ones can no longer be seen...I do this a couple times a day sometimes, so as not to miss them. I missed about 6 months of them before I knew about them...lol

LoyalWolfsBlade
01-02-2013, 01:29 AM
However once you can no longer see the rep message in your User CP you can go to the actual post and click on the same icon and the message will be there but only you and the person that left it will be able to see it on the post.

Gráinne
01-02-2013, 01:36 AM
However once you can no longer see the rep message in your User CP you can go to the actual post and click on the same icon and the message will be there but only you and the person that left it will be able to see it on the post.

I've been here for two years and only figured that out now.

clay
01-02-2013, 01:50 AM

hey Alix...I am confused....lol...
How would I know which post to go to and click that if the User Rep/post is gone? Thanks...

Girl_On_Fire
01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
That's everybody. Never noticed the scales before!

LoyalWolfsBlade
01-03-2013, 03:17 AM
hey Alix...I am confused....lol...
How would I know which post to go to and click that if the User Rep/post is gone? Thanks...

Sorry Clay just saw this...Can't help with the how to find a certain post I do this when someone thanks an old post of mine and I go to see what it is..hell to get old forget what I post lol...then when I get there I check the scales and can see the old reps as well.

LoyalWolfsBlade
01-03-2013, 03:20 AM
I've been here for two years and only figured that out now.

Not sure what that says about me guihong since I am what 4 months shy of my first year. Except I once spent to much time on here and when I did I experimented with all the buttons. However, I did not experiment with the report post button LOL :byebye:

Daktari
01-03-2013, 05:44 AM
And, when you click 'thanks' and then decide you want to add a rep comment, you can use the 'remove thanks' thang, leave your rep message and click thanks again.

:chaplin:

ps. I have to do that all the time because I'm a bit of a twit. :cheesy:

watersoilair
08-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks for bringing this up! I wasn't sure how to thank someone on here either!

Mopsie
08-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Alas you cannot leave rep messages if you're using a smart phone... apparently only on a computer or laptop. :(

*Anya*
08-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Alas you cannot leave rep messages if you're using a smart phone... apparently only on a computer or laptop. :(

I used to think that too Mopsie but I have found that if I really, really want to leave a comment and I am on my iPhone or iPad, I have to click on that little white, crystal-looking thing and after couple of letters it keeps kicking me out but when I get back on again, whatever I wrote is still there so I finish it.

Hope that makes sense.

Mopsie
08-19-2013, 09:39 AM
I used to think that too Mopsie but I have found that if I really, really want to leave a comment and I am on my iPhone or iPad, I have to click on that little white, crystal-looking thing and after couple of letters it keeps kicking me out but when I get back on again, whatever I wrote is still there so I finish it.

Hope that makes sense.

Mine won't let me put any letters. :(

WingsOnFire
08-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Mine won't let me put any letters. :(

I sometimes "lose" the rep box but if I scroll up if down a bit I find it... I think its a sizing thing..

Mopsie
08-19-2013, 11:06 AM
I sometimes "lose" the rep box but if I scroll up if down a bit I find it... I think its a sizing thing..

Hmm ... I just tried again but the box closes as soon as I click on the text section ...

*Anya*
08-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Yes, I realize that. It seems crazy but I just keep hitting it and sometimes it pops up for a second. A lot of work but sometimes I just have to do it.

I will leave both you and Mopsie a comment and I am on my iPad right now.

Mopsie
08-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Yes, I realize that. It seems crazy but I just keep hitting it and sometimes it pops up for a second. A lot of work but sometimes I just have to do it.

I will leave both you and Mopsie a comment and I am on my iPad right now.

Wow you are really dedicated! :)
I just go to the person's page and leave them a comment over there.

legally_b10nde
12-26-2016, 04:56 PM
I had no idea this thing was even available until recently.... I still feel like a newbie. lol