PDA

View Full Version : Eating Paleo!

starryeyes
02-03-2013, 09:21 AM
I am starting a 21 day paleo cleanse, and wanting to eat paleo/primal from here on out. I have researched and it looks like an amazing lifestyle change, and I am excited to start. I do not eat red meat or pork, so chicken/fish/turkey it is for me :)

I wanted to start this thread to share ideas, show support and talk about Paleo.

If anyone is interested, I can send you the 21 day cleanse information. I also have a paleo crockpot cookbook which is easy and yummy!!

Smiles!

jac
02-03-2013, 09:30 AM
My daughter was talking about this diet/lifestyle change and it sounded interesting to me. I am considering it for myself too...

little_ms_sunshyne
02-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Send some information my way!

EmpressM
02-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I have been on Paleo since the end of November. For me, this has been one of the easiest plans to stick to, even with a busy lifestyle. I have dropped 34 lbs since starting, and that is even with an extremely slow metabolism from having my thyroid removed due to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I am also very active and do Crossfit 3 days per week and distance running two, among other physical recreational activities.

The hardest thing for me was giving up dairy products. I love cheese and Greek yogurt. However, I found a recipe for cashew cheese, which is really good and satisfies that craving. Perhaps we could swap recipes? I have a nice collection at this point!

Sunshine, here's a link to a Paleo quick start until Starry gets you the 21 day cleanse! http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/thePaleoSolution_QuickStart.pdf

Happy Sunday, everyone!

starryeyes
02-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I have been on Paleo since the end of November. For me, this has been one of the easiest plans to stick to, even with a busy lifestyle. I have dropped 34 lbs since starting, and that is even with an extremely slow metabolism from having my thyroid removed due to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I am also very active and do Crossfit 3 days per week and distance running two, among other physical recreational activities.

The hardest thing for me was giving up dairy products. I love cheese and Greek yogurt. However, I found a recipe for cashew cheese, which is really good and satisfies that craving. Perhaps we could swap recipes? I have a nice collection at this point!

Sunshine, here's a link to a Paleo quick start until Starry gets you the 21 day cleanse! http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/thePaleoSolution_QuickStart.pdf

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Awesome!!!!

I have the Paleo cleanse in a PDF, so if anyone wants it, give me your email and I will send it!

cinnamongrrl
02-03-2013, 06:17 PM
WOW! I have been hearing so much about the paleo diet...but wasn't sure what it was exactly. Thanks Starry for informing us (yet again) about a wonderful topic!

I also don't eat red meat or pork...I've been doing that for a while now...dairy isn't TOO hard to give up....I'm addicted to ice cream, and I like cheese on occasion..and yes yogurt too...but...I think by eliminating these things, I could make a big impact on my well-being. It's a small sacrifice for good health :)

As to the cheese thing Empress spoke of, I know my client, who is vegan, puts nutritional yeast on his popcorn and it tastes JUST LIKE CHEESE! Also, I have a vegetarian/vegan recipe book that has a recipe for macaroni and cheese using the nutritional yeast...I don't know where paleo stands on carbs, but it could be an occasional "comfort food" and could be improved by using whole wheat pasta..which I'm using more of anyhow.

In short, yes please Starry, send some info my way! As soon as the weather improves here I'm also going to start the running program you suggested!

Here's to a healthy(er) 2013 :)

meridiantoo
04-11-2014, 02:26 AM
Bumpity, bump, bump....

Anyone else doing this?

~ocean
04-11-2014, 05:38 AM
Best diet ever ~~ it's all common sense ~ I eat like this regularly ~ My oldest daughter wasn't , 2 years ago she changed her eating habits ~ and now 150 lbs later ~ she looks and feels amazing ~ Good Luck to anyone who never ate like this b4 ~ it's all common sense ~

Rockinonahigh
04-11-2014, 06:14 AM
I just got a A.c,1 test that was a solid 7,this may work out for this reason besides being healthy.I will have a problem with quitting dairy,I have a hang up on ice cream,yogurt and cottage cheese with fruit, the cottage cheese I may not give up but can eat less of it.Already I have cut my red meat down to small cuts two times a week so the rest is white meat an fish of some sort,eggs I keep hard boiled in the fridge for a snack.as for seasonings I rarely use much salt if any then depend on veggies,herbs ans such to bring flavor to the food I cook.Please send me anything that would be useful to help me along in this food plan,I already eat healthy but can do better.Thanks for the offer.

Vivacious1
01-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Hey starry I would love to have, I cant get link to open... email is onaturallfem@icloud.com Thanks so much

Gayandgray
03-29-2016, 11:28 AM
I've been reading a little about Paleo. I'm thinking about changing up my way of eating, and I'm looking into different options. Anybody eating Paleo currently?

Lyte
08-19-2016, 05:28 PM
I'm headed the paleo direction myself ... not quite there yet. It's not been an easy transition. Looking forward to hearing how others are fairing.

*Anya*
08-19-2016, 05:39 PM
I'm headed the paleo direction myself ... not quite there yet. It's not been an easy transition. Looking forward to hearing how others are fairing.

The high protein, low carb thread is pretty active and there are a lot of paleo recipes posted.

Best of luck!

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1083660&postcount=434